Call of Duty 3 PlayStation 3

6.9

1. ChrisF.
    Apr 21, 2007
    This game is superb, buy it
  2. JamesP.
    May 26, 2007
    This has to be one of the best games i have ever played in my life. i think combined with the graphics the ps3 can withstand it is the BEST.
  3. SmokeyM.
    Nov 24, 2006
    This is solid first person shooter with amazing graphics and an impressive online! This is a must buy!
  4. Nov 23, 2012
    Call Of Duty 3 delivers the intensity of bieng in war. It delivers a seamless narrative, unreleting battle, and breathtaking action
  5. AlanD.
    Jul 14, 2007
    This is the highest rating i have ever given a true FPS game. I didn't even really want this game, but as a ps3 owner there wasn't much else to chose from a few months ago. The game plays great overall, but it has moments that really shine. As for the sixaxiss, even though the riffle butting and steering for jeeps was kind of cool, the other mini games were just plain annoying, This is the highest rating i have ever given a true FPS game. I didn't even really want this game, but as a ps3 owner there wasn't much else to chose from a few months ago. The game plays great overall, but it has moments that really shine. As for the sixaxiss, even though the riffle butting and steering for jeeps was kind of cool, the other mini games were just plain annoying, such as screwing in pins for charges. The ending was a let down, as well as the overall story, which is why it didn't get a 10. Expand
  6. Justarius
    Feb 23, 2007
    My buddy and I compared the 360 vs PS3 version side by side on the same Sony 50" 1080P TV. They are identical. You'd need a magnifying glass to see a difference. And MP was always great with multiple 30 person servers to choose from, especially now a few months after launch. I wouldn't say the PS3 version is better, but for sure a total tie. Actually I really like rifle butting My buddy and I compared the 360 vs PS3 version side by side on the same Sony 50" 1080P TV. They are identical. You'd need a magnifying glass to see a difference. And MP was always great with multiple 30 person servers to choose from, especially now a few months after launch. I wouldn't say the PS3 version is better, but for sure a total tie. Actually I really like rifle butting by flicking the controller (motion sensor). Too funny. So I give it a slight nod over the 360 version. Expand
  7. AlecB.
    Dec 28, 2006
    Best war game ever made so far. The only thing I am disappointed is on the back of the box it supports 1080i but I only reads 480 and 720p. I am looking foward for Rainbow Six Vegas
  8. Apr 1, 2013
    I've always enjoyed the historical Call of Duty games and this was just another fun game. Nothing really special here but if you want to kill some time without getting sucked into a story, it's a wise choice.
  9. Apr 28, 2014
    As my all time favourite CoD being World at War, i bought call of duty 3. this game could be completed in about 8 hours. But it's just a really nice shooter, it is a lot like the other CoDs, but call of duty is a great franchise. Multiplayer was good too. Overall, this is your typical first person shooter, buta really good one. in case you haven't noticed, i LOVE shooters.
  10. AlexC
    Jul 21, 2009
    Being that it's 2009 and this was released a few year back, the game is good. Obviously, doesn't compare to COD4 or COD:WAW, but it's still a good game. The multiplayer reminds me of old school online games... and lots of people still play!
  11. Dec 14, 2012
    The best COD ever. Although it may seem repetitive this genre is not boring. The PS3 version is more dynamic according to the control, unlike the PS2 has higher quality graphics, but the trouble is the online mode because the servers are somewhat decayed
  12. Feb 16, 2016
    Solid gameplay. Before COD was rehashed twice a year. There was nothing groundbreaking about this installment and it definitely should'nt have been console only. Still, if you feel like playing a more classic FPS and just want to do a quick playthrough, I'd say it's worth a shot for 10$.
  13. Feb 24, 2014
    The game is decent at best, and is one of my least favorite CoD games. The campaign isn't anything special or too memorable. It also has some heavily scripted events that takes away from the non-linear action of the the previous two games. But unlike the first two, it features driving sections, and four playable factions instead of three. The campaign overall is okay, the multiplayer onThe game is decent at best, and is one of my least favorite CoD games. The campaign isn't anything special or too memorable. It also has some heavily scripted events that takes away from the non-linear action of the the previous two games. But unlike the first two, it features driving sections, and four playable factions instead of three. The campaign overall is okay, the multiplayer on the other hand is a step backwards and a step forward, and here is why. Instead of the 8 player limit of the first two games, it supports up to 24 players. It also introduces a new game mode called War. It also introduces vechicles, sprinting, and classes. But it's a step backwards because it gets rid of the radar and it runs at 30 FPS instead of 60 FPS. Overall, decent game, 7/10. Expand
  14. Jul 28, 2015
    One of the first PS3 games, and somehow a little disappointment after playing Call Of Duty, the graphics were very nice at the time, with an honest 8-10 hours lenght campaign and I should congratulate Treyarch for the implementation of the Sixaxis options (that became pretty useless in the future).
    The game itself is pretty good, a classic WW2 FPS, but when compared to the previous episode, there are some obvious defaults to this third installment : the first one is the sound, how in hell did we passed from the near perfection in 2, to this plastic guns sound we have in 3, and to top it off, actors (in the french version at least, and given that this is one of the few games where you can't have the english voices if you didn't bought your game in a English speaking country I'll count it in my mark) are horribles not helped by very "cliche" dialogues that tried to copy "Saving Private Ryan" without an ounce of talent.

The other biggest issue I have is concerning the level design, and the fake difficulty of the infinite respawn (at least 2 by levels), an old trick to the lazy developer, so yeah that gives some challenge, but that's purely unfair, you can kill 20 nazy in the same spot there will always be another to come like if Adolf was cloning them.... Simply lazy.

And for that Call of Duty 3 comes as one of the worst installment in the franchise, in my opinion (alongside with Big Red One and Ghosts), if you want some WW2 COD, you'd better go with the number 2 or World At War.
  15. Jun 29, 2016
    One of best WW Games and Fps Shooters, While graphics aren't so impressive, there's also the annoying qte and some aspects haven't Aged that well, still this game is a blast with Intense gameplay, great choice of difficulties and nice storytelling
  16. Jul 11, 2012
    My review for this somewhat disappeared so i'm going to have to re-write it. Call of Duty 3 is the game before the game which shaped the following games in the Call of Duty series, the squeal to that game which will then make the future of Call of Duty games and the multiplayer in every multiplayer game ever from then on, also making the series from then on being one of the most hated uponMy review for this somewhat disappeared so i'm going to have to re-write it. Call of Duty 3 is the game before the game which shaped the following games in the Call of Duty series, the squeal to that game which will then make the future of Call of Duty games and the multiplayer in every multiplayer game ever from then on, also making the series from then on being one of the most hated upon and most bought game series ever. Holy poop that's confusing huh? In simple form, this was a forgotten part of the series. Its the game which led to Modern Warfare, one of the biggest game changers in the series. This game however is a singleplayer based game(shows how the series has changed ay!?), which is great. It feels very capable of capturing the mood of WWII, which is good. You feel tense as you walk down a trench feeling that you could be shot at any moment, this is brilliant and really captures the game. You can see its a CoD game and it plays fairly well. The multiplayer is crap. Mind you its CoD at its routes which is very nice to see. Has lots of graphical flaws though which sometimes takeaway from the mood. E.g. you're supposed to be in a tense situation and a team mate runs into a tank which should kill them but ignores them to shoot near you despite the fact your in cover. The game plays well and is perfect for CoD fans who want a difference. Expand
  17. [Anonyous]
    Feb 23, 2007
    Pretty generic and linear, the ww2-genre is becoming repetitive and ... boring.
  18. Oct 6, 2014
    Call Of Duty 3

Game-Play:The game is a typical FPS nothing new or special. Story:The story is set up in the war world 2 but it not really feels like it totally uninspiring this out any good characters. Graphics:The graphics is something good that this game have. Notes:The game is a big let down from the second game witch it was great,also one of the things that i liked in this
    Call Of Duty 3

Game-Play:The game is a typical FPS nothing new or special.

Graphics:The graphics is something good that this game have.

Notes:The game is a big let down from the second game witch it was great,also one of the things that i liked in this game is the weapon there are lot of weapon in this game.
  19. AAAA
    Nov 18, 2006
    I was a huge fan of RRT 3 who had solid "true 3D" graphics, good sound and the best economy/RR sim model ever made to day. You still find me under "Champion_Tycoon" in the multiplayer once in a while (I have not lost a multiplayer game in more than a year so strong players are highly welcome). I am also a long time fan of Sid Meier's games, some of which brought me many hours of I was a huge fan of RRT 3 who had solid "true 3D" graphics, good sound and the best economy/RR sim model ever made to day. You still find me under "Champion_Tycoon" in the multiplayer once in a while (I have not lost a multiplayer game in more than a year so strong players are highly welcome). I am also a long time fan of Sid Meier's games, some of which brought me many hours of relaxation over the past 15 years. That being said I expected 'Railroads' to come at least close to what RT3 was: a budget game. Oh boy was I wrong... Sid Meier's game is pure crap; I spent about 6 days playing the single and multiplayer maps and I was disappointed with every aspect of the game: graphics, sound, controls, design, game logic, economic model, RR model, historic accuracy, replayabilty and last, but not least, overall entertainment value. It is one of the worst games I have ever played... and I have played more of them than I should have. This game is an absolute ***ZERO*** Like some1 said b4: "Shame on you Sid." Expand
  20. BobD.
    Feb 18, 2008
    I got this game in the hopes that single player mode would prove entertaining; sadly it only proved to be exceedingly repetitive, rigid and stupid. I can't tell you how many times i got killed just because my friendly bot helpers blocked my retreat. If I could get a refund for this game I would. Please don't buy it.

1. A great game with thoroughly enjoyable multiplayer, quality presentation, and some mildly-interesting tilt-control support. It is missing a couple of features that its Xbox 360 counterpart contains, and the frame rate is far less reliable in this version, but the overall intensity and playability of Call of Duty 3 remains intact, despite these few issues.
  2. Take one part classic Call of Duty scripted FPS action, add in two parts improved level design, another one part updated graphics, and just about four parts upgraded multiplayer and you've got the ultimate Call of Duty stew.
  3. The game mechanics and general feel of the game are not overly different from what gamers are used to, but that this is brought to such vivid life on a console is a tribute to the diligence of the developers.