8.4

1. Mar 24, 2015
    With the gaming world now enjoying gritty shooters and murdering sprees as opposed to games that may look kiddy but play amazingly, it's only natural that I step into the Call of Duty series. I'm starting with this one but I may go back to the old ones. I'll admit that the game exceeded my expectations with its in-depth story mode and engaging multiplayer. There's a lot to do here (whichWith the gaming world now enjoying gritty shooters and murdering sprees as opposed to games that may look kiddy but play amazingly, it's only natural that I step into the Call of Duty series. I'm starting with this one but I may go back to the old ones. I'll admit that the game exceeded my expectations with its in-depth story mode and engaging multiplayer. There's a lot to do here (which is never a complaint for me) and I do enjoy the war-like atmosphere. Nothing spectacular but it's a fine game. Expand
  2. Feb 23, 2015
    There are a lot of campaign missions on this that I remember like "All Ghillied Up" which I freaking loved. This is the first Call of Duty that really started it all.
  3. Jan 9, 2015
    This, is without a single doubt, the greatest FPS, CoD and PS3 game ever made.

Pros: The gameplay is stunning, the controls are extremely responsive and I never felt frustrated with them at any time. The Single Player campaign is, to put it bluntly, epic. The story was very interesting, the characters were memorable and there were some awesome sequences that I will remember forever.
    This, is without a single doubt, the greatest FPS, CoD and PS3 game ever made.

Pros:
    The Multiplayer, even now, is spectacular and is definitely the best half of the game. There are so many game modes to choose from and so many people to play with. This game will be 8 years old this year and it is still not old!

Cons (Very Minor):
    As the game came out in 2007, the graphics don't exactly look stunning today, the game does look dated on PS3. I am sure this is the same case with the 360 and PC versions.

Overall, this is the best game I have played on the PS3 and if you have or if you are going to get a PS3 or 360, definitely give this game a go!

10/10 (Because who cares about graphics? (Everyone))
  4. Nov 7, 2014
    Jump starting the Call of Duty phenomenon, "Modern Warfare" is one of the best modern shooters to be found, even 7 years after its release. Single player contains a very interesting plot, multiple locations and a wide array of mission variety. Packaged with a robust multiplayer that forces you to stay up past midnight with its addictive scoring system and class customization, this is oneJump starting the Call of Duty phenomenon, "Modern Warfare" is one of the best modern shooters to be found, even 7 years after its release. Single player contains a very interesting plot, multiple locations and a wide array of mission variety. Packaged with a robust multiplayer that forces you to stay up past midnight with its addictive scoring system and class customization, this is one of the most solid shooter out there.

Full the full review, check out "BathroomGamers" on YouTube :)
  5. Nov 3, 2014
    I personally put this somewhere in my top ten favorite games ever. The campaign, although it has a main villain, manages to focus just enough on the actual war going on to where it feels like a plausible story, something the sequels, and other future Call of Duty games in general, (The exception being Black Ops 2) fail to do. However, the multiplayer for this game is what gave the seriesI personally put this somewhere in my top ten favorite games ever. The campaign, although it has a main villain, manages to focus just enough on the actual war going on to where it feels like a plausible story, something the sequels, and other future Call of Duty games in general, (The exception being Black Ops 2) fail to do. However, the multiplayer for this game is what gave the series its fame. And boy, does it show. This is still one of the more fun Call of Duty multiplayers (is that even a word?) to play. Every weapon is perfectly balanced, aiming and shooting feels satisfying, and sniping is, simply put, perfect. If you are one of those people who jump on the CoD hate bandwagon, or one of those ignorant people who think all Call of Duties are crap without having played all of them, I strongly recommend you go and play this game. It may just change your opinion on the series.

The site won't allow me to rate it like this, but I give it a 9.7/10
  6. Oct 25, 2014
    This game is truly awesome. The game is made very nicely and I love it.It is very good for 2007. It has a very good story mode. But its multiplayer gaming is not so good.This is the best story mode so far after batman Arkham City and Watch dogs.
  7. Oct 12, 2014
    I like this game so much and i rated this game 9.9/10.This game is amazing to play at home.i like the graphics,campaign,challenges,multiplayer and the weapons.

i played this game on 2009 and it was so much fun to play this game.
  8. Oct 6, 2014
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game-Play:The game play is faster than the previous games because of the use of the modern weapons i really like it.

Story:The story is good especially for an FPS but 6 hours at max.

Graphics:Some improvements have been done but nothing special.

Note:I also liked the online mode
  9. Sep 23, 2014
    Arguably the game which defined a generation. A compelling single player campaign, including one of the best FPS missions created in 'All Ghillied Up', gears you up for one of the best online experiences ever had. Tremendous maps and more about gunplay than killstreak gimmicks demonstrated why this launched Call of Duty into a world phenomenon.
  10. Sep 7, 2014
    The best of the best Modern warfare is the monument of FPS. This game contains reason for me and gamers everywhere to exist. One of the best FPS i've played in a LONG time and it's defiantly here to stay.

also:
    -good graphics
    -great campaign
    -great multiplayer
    -could use a little more dynamic features
    overal an amazing slightly old FPS 9/10
  11. Aug 23, 2014
    Quite Overrated but still a great game, COD4 manages to have a solid campaign and a revolutionary multiplayer that is so much fun to play. Near flawless game with the exception of a few multiplayer maps and perks.
  12. Jul 10, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    Modern Warfare puts you as "Soap" from the SAS and Paul Jackson from the marines with the goal of stopping a civil war that imploded in Russia. Although the story is weak compared to today's standard, back when this game came out in 2007, its story was groundbreaking mostly due to how it was one of the first modern military shooters to come out. Because of how most of shooters that were released before COD4 were WW2 shooters, COD4 was groundbraking in story, gameplay, and multiplayer because of its modern setting. Some of the side characters are good and have some good radio-chatter, the antagonist (although cliched) has a good backstory (which also leads to one of Call of Duty's best missions ever), and both playable protagonist are mute (Perfect :D). Even though no one talks about COD4's story today, you still have to give IW props for thinking outside the box with storytelling back when this came out. 8/10

Gameplay:
    A lot of the common CoD SP cliches started here. Some include: Dumb A.I., Michael Bay set-pieces, easy-to-use guns with no recoil in them, a few stealth segments sprinkled here and there, a vehicle mission, slow-mo sections, and sniping. The 1 thing this CoD had that no other CoD has to this day are cheats. You unlock cheats by collecting intel, and this was the only time I wanted to collect cheats outside of trophies collecting (please bring them back). Just like with the story, even though these features are cliche now, back in 07 these were innovating. So give IW credit for creating these before they became cliched. 8/10

Graphics:
    Because of its 07 release, and because of how the previous CoDs looked, CoD 4's graphics were innovating back then. Even to this day, these graphics don't look bad on PC. 7/10

Sound:
    Just like in graphics, the sounds of gun shots, vehicles, radio chatter, and explosives were new back in 07, so at least appreciate that. 7/10

Multiplayer:
    This was by far the biggest change to happen in CoD4 due to how much they added. This was the 1st CoD to add create-a-class, perks, (pre-set) killstreaks, mini-map, camos, challenges, prestige mode, and attachments. Another big thing was how balanced the guns were back then (except martydom and last stand :( ). I find it hilarious how CoD4 has more balance then some of the newer CoDs. The only bad thing about the multiplayer is how it's filled with hackers, glitches, exploits, and that it's been abandoned. Good luck getting into a good match since most of the time, there will be a hacker there. It's sad to see such a classic multiplayer like this get ruined by the community. R.I.P. CoD 4 multiplayer. (07 rating: 10/10). Current Rating: 4/10

Verdict:
    Back in 2007, this CoD was ground-breaking. They added so many new features and mechanics that it's disappointing to see how far it dropped. If this were 2007, I'd recommend you buy this game ASAP, But now, just rent it. I'm still gonna give this game it's 2007 rating, but I'm not saying buy it now. The game's dead.
  13. May 3, 2014
    Visually perfect for his time and perfect controls this call of duty is one of the best.The campaign is just awesome.The bad thing about this one is the multiplayer mode.
  14. Mar 30, 2014
    The best game in the the entire "Call of Duty" franchise. It's all down hill from here. Perfect simple gameplay, solid graphics, incredible multiplayer.
  15. Mar 13, 2014
    COD 4 is a pretty good game for shooters that is. One the first big shooters to come out for PS3. The graphics this day are still decent and game plays well. I enjoyed the story and extra missions you could do as a challenge. The best part of this game hands down is the online. Great matchmaking and online maps and a great and long leveling up system that make you want to continue playing.
  16. Feb 3, 2014
    Re-play: 10 out of 10
    Value: 10 out of 10
  17. ERB
    Dec 23, 2013
    This is the BEST game on the PS3.Call Of Duty 4:Modern Warfare is a great game with It's awesome multiplayer and even the single player.This game's single player campaign is fun and enjoyable.The multiplayer is the best part in the game.You can play multiplayer activities like free for all and even team deathmatch.This game is both awesome in the single player campaign and multiplayerThis is the BEST game on the PS3.Call Of Duty 4:Modern Warfare is a great game with It's awesome multiplayer and even the single player.This game's single player campaign is fun and enjoyable.The multiplayer is the best part in the game.You can play multiplayer activities like free for all and even team deathmatch.This game is both awesome in the single player campaign and multiplayer gameplay.That is why you should buy this game.This game is awesome and it is highly recommended for you to play this game and try it out!It is fun. Expand
  18. Dec 20, 2013
    COD 4 is such an overrated game, the graphics are really good but the facial animations and explosions are outdated. The gameplay is fast and fluid. The multiplayer is still going strong and it is very fun, but the story mode is really boring, if it wasnt for the multiplayer and the gameplay being fun this game would have been a 5. Overall Score= 60/100
  19. Nov 26, 2013
    Call of Duty 4. In the old days this game was a legend, it still is, the graphics were superb, the fun was amazing, the gun choices were outstanding, the streaks were something new, and the ability to meet people would shared the same interests as you did at that time made the game pretty fun. That was then, now we got, hacking lobbies, some sort of zombies mode type deal, and pretty muchCall of Duty 4. In the old days this game was a legend, it still is, the graphics were superb, the fun was amazing, the gun choices were outstanding, the streaks were something new, and the ability to meet people would shared the same interests as you did at that time made the game pretty fun. That was then, now we got, hacking lobbies, some sort of zombies mode type deal, and pretty much the updated era of gaming has taken over this game in its entirety. Oh wait I never mentioned cage match boosting earlier when I was talking about why this game was great, add that to the list. I gave this game a solid 8, because there was no 8.5, because it just is, really its not perfect nowadays and it wasn't at the time but no game really, IS TRULY perfect. Another reason why is because of delayed hit markers, no host migration, and the ability to be struck down by any with a hacking mod, if you were to go play the game right now. The maps could have been bigger, and just conclusively the mics could have worked way better. I mean the mic system in COD4 had extreme lag and sometimes you couldn't even get out what you wanted to say without giving the mic a good blow to initiate the symbol on the screen( this could have just been me ,I don't know). Anyway, yeah great game, some really good stuff and some really okay stuff, but overall its safe to say this game was the best thing I have put in my disc drive around 2007, it changed my gaming experience forever. Expand
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    Addicting Multiplayer, Epic Campaign, whats better? This game has wasted so many hours of my life. But they were well spent. Everything is balanced, maps are perfect. Best Call of Duty.
  21. Oct 9, 2013
    A quality game in the long series, CoD 4 delivers well on a notably interesting campaign that actually makes sense, as well as a very solid multi-player.
  22. Sep 28, 2013
    EN: Outstanding campaign, plenty of variety and chaotic combats make of COD 4: Modern Warfare the best game of the series.
    PT-BR: Campanha excelente, muita variedade e combates caóticos fazem de COD 4: Modern Warfare o melhor jogo da série.
  23. Sep 16, 2013
    How on Earth do people give this mixed reviews? This is a fantastic game, the campaign and multiplayer are both outstanding. There's simply no other game that matches Cod4
  24. Jul 24, 2013
    LOVE LOVE LOVE that this is single player friendly. I never felt bored or like i was missing out on a vital part of the game by not playing the online story. I purchased a replica gun from the game that is an airsoft gun and i use it when i go airsofting! I got it here: http://www.airsplat.com/call-of-duty-4.htm
  25. May 31, 2013
    This was the first time Iv'e a CoD game that isn't still in the WWII era and it's a great one so far! The graphics are superb, single-player story is good, and the MP is just flawless! This is the best CoD game ever created in years!
  26. Mar 27, 2013
    I'm changing my score my score from a 7 to a 9, now i've played this game for awhile and i decided it a great game. even tried the multiplayer. so heres my new review.

Call of duty 4 i think is maybe slightly overated it should get just a 90, thats good enough to me. the thing i don't like is that the PS3 version has no vibration not sure why, but it doesn't. The campaign is mostly good some parts might just keep you hooked, while some parts are a bit dull. The multiplayer is fun. it's not better than the multiplayer we see in call of duty games today, but the new multiplayer can get tiring sometimes, and you might be tempted to come play this classic again.
  27. Mar 24, 2013
    8-Presentation; The story is well written, and the menu's are well laid out.
    8-Graphics; Looks great, but not revolutionary
    9-Sound; The guns, music, and voice acting are amazing. 9-Game play; The levels are well designed, the ai is great, and the mechanics and controls are excellent. 8-Lasting appeal; Single player is short, but plenty of unlockables and multiplayer make up for that
    8-Presentation; The story is well written, and the menu's are well laid out.
    8-Graphics; Looks great, but not revolutionary
    9-Sound; The guns, music, and voice acting are amazing.
    8-Lasting appeal; Single player is short, but plenty of unlockables and multiplayer make up for that deficit.
    Overall-8.5/10
  28. Feb 18, 2013
    I'm going to be straight to the point here. I thought I was going to hate this game because I used to see COD as an overrated overhyped series that was no good and boring. How wrong I was. I remember first playind COD4: MW. I had just come home from school and my dad had recieved a package from ebay and he showed me it was a copy of the game of the year edition and I wondered as I knew heI'm going to be straight to the point here. I thought I was going to hate this game because I used to see COD as an overrated overhyped series that was no good and boring. How wrong I was. I remember first playind COD4: MW. I had just come home from school and my dad had recieved a package from ebay and he showed me it was a copy of the game of the year edition and I wondered as I knew he already had a copy of this game and he said that it didnt work and said I could try it. Well, I'd just finished playing Assassin's Creed 1 and thought, what the Hell? So I stuck it in expecting it to not work, but it did, turns out there was a small loading error in my dad's ps3, but back to me. The opening cutscene came and I shouted OMG! Then I started to play the game. THe gameplay was perfect and accurate, the story was perfect, the graphics were godsent and the multiplayer was amazing. This is my second favourite game on the ps3 and probably in general. The only thing that lets it down is the story is too short and if it would of been longer by about 4 hours and the server wouldn't crash as often, I would of give it a 100. But I would give Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare a 96. Expand
  29. Feb 16, 2013
    The latest Call of Duty games like Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 are great, but Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare must be recognized as superb. This one really gets into the grittiness of war. The story is very engaging and emotional. I feel as though the stories in MW3 and BO2 are not as good (not that they are bad). And this is the Call of Duty that set the multiplayer foundation of theThe latest Call of Duty games like Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 are great, but Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare must be recognized as superb. This one really gets into the grittiness of war. The story is very engaging and emotional. I feel as though the stories in MW3 and BO2 are not as good (not that they are bad). And this is the Call of Duty that set the multiplayer foundation of the present Call of Duty games. For that it must not be forgotten. Interestingly, people still play this online. This game is cheap so all by means, go get it. Expand
  30. Jan 12, 2013
    Basing this review on how CoD 4 matured, I have to say that it is unlike any other CoD. This CoD has the most replay-ability when it comes to playing WELL (not having fun). The sublime quality of the Campaign and Multiplayer in this particular game just about make up for there not really being much to do. It is quite a feat that CoD 4 remains such a positive CoD baring in mind the baseBasing this review on how CoD 4 matured, I have to say that it is unlike any other CoD. This CoD has the most replay-ability when it comes to playing WELL (not having fun). The sublime quality of the Campaign and Multiplayer in this particular game just about make up for there not really being much to do. It is quite a feat that CoD 4 remains such a positive CoD baring in mind the base game only has the following: -21 Campaign missions; squeezing out as much fun as you can isn't too hard. I usually reminisce at the very environments Infinity Ward depicted. Specifically, the Chernobyl area. The stealth missions are a masterpiece (WHY ARE THEY BARELY SEEN IN MODERN FPS CAMPAIGNS THESE DAYS?#. Expand
  31. Dec 28, 2012
    This was an amazing game. It's a shame things went downhill after MW2 when they started adding unnecessary crap that over-complicated the game and made it really rage-inducing. The simplicity of this game is really what makes it phenomenal. It is almost entirely free of bull$hit. The only thing about this game that pisses me off, other than the technical issues, is Martyrdom. But otherThis was an amazing game. It's a shame things went downhill after MW2 when they started adding unnecessary crap that over-complicated the game and made it really rage-inducing. The simplicity of this game is really what makes it phenomenal. It is almost entirely free of bull$hit. The only thing about this game that pisses me off, other than the technical issues, is Martyrdom. But other than that, it is close to flawless. The maps are great, the gameplay is nice and fast-paced, the weapon balance is as close to perfection as any CoD game has ever been, and it is just overall a joy to play. Second to World at War as my favourite Call of Duty game. Expand
  32. Dec 28, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is an epic adventure. The campaign is filled with action and a very memorable story. There was so much variety with each mission. The multiplayer was without a doubt the best online experience I have ever had. It was so simple just shoot people with guns and get killstreaks. But the simplistic style of Cod 4's multiplayer is where it shines. Call of Duty is getting moreCall of Duty 4 is an epic adventure. The campaign is filled with action and a very memorable story. There was so much variety with each mission. The multiplayer was without a doubt the best online experience I have ever had. It was so simple just shoot people with guns and get killstreaks. But the simplistic style of Cod 4's multiplayer is where it shines. Call of Duty is getting more worse when each game gets released. I hope one day Call of Duty goes back to this style of a game. 9/10. Expand
  33. Dec 23, 2012
    Honestly out of all the games in this series this game did everything right. The multiplayer and singleplayer are both fun and engaging not too gimmicky and easy to get into. This games multiplayer alone is my favorite in the series it's simple the basic objective is to win the focus is less on killstreaks cause their are only about 3 and at the time it was a new concept and so it wasn'tHonestly out of all the games in this series this game did everything right. The multiplayer and singleplayer are both fun and engaging not too gimmicky and easy to get into. This games multiplayer alone is my favorite in the series it's simple the basic objective is to win the focus is less on killstreaks cause their are only about 3 and at the time it was a new concept and so it wasn't overdone the focus was more gun on gun gameplay which is awesome. Weapon balance in multiplayer is also good gun choice comes down to what you like and whatever your good with as opposed to future games in the series that have a select few weapons that are clearly better than the others. Overall to me this game is amazing and worth the single player campaign alone which by it self is very engrossing and engaging you feel like your role is important and it's not overly cinematic so yeah if your interested check it out! Expand
  34. Oct 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think it's the best Call of Duty i have ever played on my whole life World At War was the same as Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare 2 was a fail game and Black Ops was not so fail.I think Call of Duty 4 is the best from every cod i have ever played in my life Expand
  35. Sep 17, 2012
    The story is the best in the series and that also goes for MP. This game defined what COD could do and for the next generation of gaming we need a remake for this game. I love this game so much I own it on both 360 and PS3.
  36. Aug 13, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is the best COD game. It haves a great multiplayer and a fantastic single player. Believe me, you will be playing this game for years. The story mode is short, but this game may have the best story mode for shooters. Is a must have for all gamers. 96 out of 100
  37. Aug 9, 2012
    This is the game were you feel yourself like a soldier and it involves you with it. I bought it and end it just after 3 days because one can go out after end...... one after another and then next .... Very good game.
  38. Jul 21, 2012
    The single-player campaign is average for a shooter but the online multiplayer mode is the best there ever was. Whether it was the standard of opposition or the fact that nearly every gamer in the world was playing, this game will forever stand in history as the first great online, multiplayer game of the new generation consoles.
  39. May 25, 2012
    This was my last COD game i truly loved. Coming from someone who loved and played COD 1 - 3, COD 4 was a revolution from ww2 settings. I loved the single player and the Multi player in this game. It was original, it was beautiful until they ruined it by making mw2. The multiplayer had given me memories that i could just laugh and smile. Now i look on other COD games in disgrace,they haveThis was my last COD game i truly loved. Coming from someone who loved and played COD 1 - 3, COD 4 was a revolution from ww2 settings. I loved the single player and the Multi player in this game. It was original, it was beautiful until they ruined it by making mw2. The multiplayer had given me memories that i could just laugh and smile. Now i look on other COD games in disgrace,they have really messed up. Expand
  40. May 22, 2012
    When this game originally came out, it blew my mind. The story and graphics were superb and engaging (especially the "one shot one kill" campaign level). The multiplayer doesn't need to be elaborated on. It was revolutionary, and now you see practically every shooter using some form of version of it's multiplayer custom class layout
  41. Apr 3, 2012
    Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will go down in history for kick-starting an FPS revolution. Its hard to remember now that every man and his dog follows the COD template, but at the time the game's control system, responsiveness and general multiplayer set-up was actually pretty unique. It set a new standard for console shooters. That said, the MP suite has been improved upon in subsequentCall Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will go down in history for kick-starting an FPS revolution. Its hard to remember now that every man and his dog follows the COD template, but at the time the game's control system, responsiveness and general multiplayer set-up was actually pretty unique. It set a new standard for console shooters. That said, the MP suite has been improved upon in subsequent COD games, so despite being revolutionary, COD4's multiplayer has now been rendered redundant. The single player campaign has some really serious issues, though. The most notable one being the infinite respawning enemies that only give up the ghost after you've reached a certain checkpoint. That type of gameplay was already antiquated by the time of Modern Warfare's release. Also, the story was just uninteresting overall. So... COD4: Modern Warfare, undoubtedly a classic but one that is already doomed to feel outdated and clunky by it's sequel's standards. Expand
  42. Mar 24, 2012
    Can't stand this game. Can't stand the Modern Warfare series. The Modern Warfare series is why I have hated Call of Duty for years(with the exception of World At War)
  43. Mar 3, 2012
    Definitely the GREATEST game of all-time. This masterpiece by inifity ward completely revoutionized the online gaming experience while providing one of the best single player campaigns ever. Gameinformer said in their review that cod4 is "One of the absolute best games to grace any platform to date." Some of the best missions were included in this game including All Ghilled Up, theDefinitely the GREATEST game of all-time. This masterpiece by inifity ward completely revoutionized the online gaming experience while providing one of the best single player campaigns ever. Gameinformer said in their review that cod4 is "One of the absolute best games to grace any platform to date." Some of the best missions were included in this game including All Ghilled Up, the greatest sniping mission ever and the greatest mission ever. Playing as the legendly character Captain price under the command of Captian McMillan (actually based on a solider who fought during WWII) and your job is to assassinate somebody. Some other cool missions include 'Death from above' , 'Mile high Club' and 'Sins of our fathers'. That was just the campaign, now the online is what really attracted ALOT of people to the game. The revolutionary online experience included the never before seen kill streak and ranking up system. Along with attactments and camos to your guns and a create a class opionon, people were intstantly amazed at the experience. Expand
  44. MW3
    Jan 18, 2012
    This is one of the best games ever
    !!!!! Dont even bother to read the bad reviews because they're probably some battlefield fans .i just got this game like 4 days ago and i love the campaign so far
  45. Jan 7, 2012
    This is simply the cod game that revolutionised the series taking it from WWII to modern times. The multiplayer is fantastic and so is the campaign if the was any flaw, it woud be the lag.
  46. Dec 17, 2011
    This and cod2 are the best cods i played.This game is overall amazing. Campiagn was pretty good and the mulitplayer was great. the only thing i hate about online is that i sometimes keep lagging. still it is a good game.
  47. Dec 15, 2011
    Pure greatness at it's best but there are still lag and balancing problems and the story gets a bit bare but...no spoilers here great game but the minor flaws keep it form being a 9/10 game on a percent scale i would give it a 98%
  48. Nov 14, 2011
    Man, when this game came out I was in shock how good it was! I loved everything about it! Multiplayer was new and refreshing! Single player was great. One of the best shooters ever if you ask me. I owned it on all three platforms!
  49. Nov 14, 2011
    Out of all of the Modern shooters, Call of Duty 4 still stands as the strongest and most innovative of the bunch. The gameplay is streamlined, approachable, yet takes skill and patience to master. The storyline at the time of its release was great. There's not much to complain about this game except for the glitchers who have taken over in the last year.
  50. Nov 11, 2011
    Started following CoD since the first instalment and have spent many hours of my life cursing and ranting at my television screen, but have enjoyed doing so. I was really looking forward to MW3 until I saw that it looked pretty much exactly the same as MW2. Having played it, it plays more like CoD 4 than MW2 but it's the same game you know and love (or hate). It' not a bad game by anyStarted following CoD since the first instalment and have spent many hours of my life cursing and ranting at my television screen, but have enjoyed doing so. I was really looking forward to MW3 until I saw that it looked pretty much exactly the same as MW2. Having played it, it plays more like CoD 4 than MW2 but it's the same game you know and love (or hate). It' not a bad game by any means, it's multiplayer is quite solid, Im just disappointed that there hasn't been any genuine innovation. Having said that, I think this is the last game that IW/Treyarch will be able to make the same as it's predecessors and get away with. Expand
  51. Nov 10, 2011
    This game was amazing when I first bought it, got through the intense campaign and proceeded to the muliplayer. This game made me an online gamer. I was playing halo 3 at the time i bought this, and never looked back.
  52. Oct 17, 2011
    This was an ok shooter. The reason I really don't think this game is special is for me it seemed more like a demo than an actual game. Although the quality is high and the gameplay was decent I just never could get over the perception that each chapter of the game seemed to be nothing more than a tutorial training area for a particular weapon. Chapter one is an intro to teach you thisThis was an ok shooter. The reason I really don't think this game is special is for me it seemed more like a demo than an actual game. Although the quality is high and the gameplay was decent I just never could get over the perception that each chapter of the game seemed to be nothing more than a tutorial training area for a particular weapon. Chapter one is an intro to teach you this weapon. Chapter two is an intro to teach you the next weapon. Chapter 3 was an intro to.....I guess this is what really turned me off this game because it seemed like it was nothing more than a training ground for how to use your weapons before you go online. I can't complain about much more because the quality is high and I can understand some people loving this game but for me it was nothing more than a demo checklist. Expand
  53. Aug 26, 2011
    its much better than mw2. more stable matchmaking,gr8 storyline,which helps you to connect with the characters,very addictive multiplayer,gr8 graphics for a game released in '07 and mega longevity. i have spent over 65 hours in multiplayer.. definite buy..
  54. Jul 23, 2011
    This game is awesome from the epic story to the addictive mutiplayer. It looks fantastic even now sounds like they actually recorded war and provides me with joy every time I play. It has the best FPS level ever and the hardest. The mutiplayer is fantastic from maps to perks to guns and thats what I found great about the game you fight what a war would be like today not in the 1940's. I loved it
  55. Jul 18, 2011
    It may be overrated, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad game. The graphics aren't bad, but they aren't great either. The guns feel maybe a bit lightweight but not underpowered and the story, compared to Modern Warfare 2's horrific mess of a narrative is at least sensible and cohesive. Overall it may not be the greatest game of all time but it is fun and definitely better thanIt may be overrated, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad game. The graphics aren't bad, but they aren't great either. The guns feel maybe a bit lightweight but not underpowered and the story, compared to Modern Warfare 2's horrific mess of a narrative is at least sensible and cohesive. Overall it may not be the greatest game of all time but it is fun and definitely better than both MW2 and Black Ops. Expand
  56. Jun 3, 2011
    I'm laughing at the people who call this 'overrated'. Don't review a first person shooter game when you obviously don't how to rate anything. Call of Duty 4 is the best out of all the COD series, Black Ops, World at War, Modern Warfare 2 simply can't compare.
  57. Apr 17, 2011
    This is the first FPS game that started my online shooter addiction. It's fantastic and still holds up over the years. Highly recommended for anyone that loves war games and first person shooter games.
  58. Apr 6, 2011
    The only real problem with Call of Duty 4 is that its singleplayer campaign is quite short. However, because of its powerful story, amazing presentation, smooth mechanics, and addicting multiplayer, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is one of the best shooters around, and is definitely worth playing.
  59. Mar 24, 2011
    This game is still extremely fun to play, even four years after its release. You can pick this up with Modern Warfare 2 in a combo pack for $44 which is a great deal for a lot of fun. I admit, most of the time I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut-off, and the story is somewhat confusing, but I'm having a lot of fun doing it.
  60. Jan 21, 2011
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is quite a good game, it is a single player campaign but you can go online and join games with other people and play against them. The player goes through a lot of missions and there is quite a lot of killing involved in the game. You can unlock more levels but as you play your way through the game is gets harder and harder, also that you can unlock moreCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is quite a good game, it is a single player campaign but you can go online and join games with other people and play against them. The player goes through a lot of missions and there is quite a lot of killing involved in the game. You can unlock more levels but as you play your way through the game is gets harder and harder, also that you can unlock more weapons e.g. AK47, Rocket launcher, Sniper and many more. All the weapons have different types of use, for instant you can get the Rocket launcher in different types, heat seeker, target mover and a lot more. This game is quite addictive because the more you play the more you want to carry on, I think that this Modern Warfare 4 is better than all the other games, because one minuite your in a killing zone were your just about to loose your life and the next your in a battle field shooting somebody else. When you play on multiplayer you get a wide variety of weapons to choose from but if your playing on your own in campaign then you have to unlock the weapons one by one but its well worth the wait because then its fun killing your enemies. Overall I think that this game is good and most of the people that play this game will rate it ten out of ten. It will keep you busy for a long time! Expand
  61. Dec 26, 2010
    This game was the most memorable FPS I ever played. I previously did not like COD series due to the linear nature of the game. If you played one level you had played them all, an endless wave of bad guys and eventually you kill enough and press forward you will pass the level. With COD4 the game play became more varied, there were quite a few "moments" in the game that just blew youThis game was the most memorable FPS I ever played. I previously did not like COD series due to the linear nature of the game. If you played one level you had played them all, an endless wave of bad guys and eventually you kill enough and press forward you will pass the level. With COD4 the game play became more varied, there were quite a few "moments" in the game that just blew you away, like nothing I'd ever experienced before. Still some much of the same from the series but the modern era and a few wow moments and the game became something special. Multiplayer was a game changer. The perk and leveling system was the greatest to date and had so much replay value I never took it out of my console until the sequel came out. I really had that much fun playing it!! I'd rate the game 94 out of 100 only deducting for the single player still being a somewhat linear progression, but the multiplayer was the best fun I'd had in some time. Expand
  62. Dec 12, 2010
    the last good COD game. the story mode is really fun but way to short easily beatin in 5 hours unless you are playing on vetren . i decent selection of wepons . some fun side missions where you get to man a turret in a plane. a decent story that kept me midely intrested . the online is the big piece of this game all be it its still your basic run and gun like a chicken with your head cutthe last good COD game. the story mode is really fun but way to short easily beatin in 5 hours unless you are playing on vetren . i decent selection of wepons . some fun side missions where you get to man a turret in a plane. a decent story that kept me midely intrested . the online is the big piece of this game all be it its still your basic run and gun like a chicken with your head cut off with no team work ever being used . the use of a mic is piontless unless you wana hear 13 year old morons shouting all kinds of racists and moronic things . still its one of the best set ups for this typ of game . id like to have seen more of a team base incentive put into this game and co-op would have been great but its still a fun game that keptt me intrested in the online for atleast 2 months before i got bored with it Expand
  63. Dec 1, 2010
    I was terribly disappointed with this game. I heard how "Great" it was from mky friends so I had a massively high expectations of it. The single player is full of hollywood moments and is totally unbelievable. The part where all the Americans were killed by nuclear weapons was trash except for the graphics and felt over scripted and to me a waste of time. The single player has way to manyI was terribly disappointed with this game. I heard how "Great" it was from mky friends so I had a massively high expectations of it. The single player is full of hollywood moments and is totally unbelievable. The part where all the Americans were killed by nuclear weapons was trash except for the graphics and felt over scripted and to me a waste of time. The single player has way to many glitches on the PS3 at least. At least once a guy saw me walked right over to me and then walked away as if nothing happened. Another problem is the near freeze of the game when you melee which is quite annoying. The weapons all do about the same damage except for sniper rifles and shotguns of which the shotguns are overpowered and over ranged. There are way to many hackers and cheaters on the multiplayer and the single player is way to short. Trust me skip this and get World at War instead. You will not be sorry. Expand
  64. Nov 10, 2010
    This is the best FPS ive played the SP is very good I liked the story alot just dissapointed about the ending, the graphics are awesome and the multiplayer is also extremely fun.
  65. Oct 28, 2010
    This game was brilliant and it was very addictive. The story was really enjoyable and well thought out and the multi player was unreal and it was probably the game i played the most during 2007-2008
  66. Oct 5, 2010
    I'm not new to shooter games, when i played COD4 on my PS3, the single player was simply amazing, very addictive, and very modern and believable. The graphics are simply amazing, realistic, and the game is very fast paced action.There was an issue with the online multiplayer side, i had to disable my UPNP on my router and open ports in order to get the game to connect online, which wasI'm not new to shooter games, when i played COD4 on my PS3, the single player was simply amazing, very addictive, and very modern and believable. The graphics are simply amazing, realistic, and the game is very fast paced action.There was an issue with the online multiplayer side, i had to disable my UPNP on my router and open ports in order to get the game to connect online, which was the only reason the game got a 9. The game is kinda hard for someone new to 3rd person shooters, as you can die the moment you spawn after death, and the air strikes can be quite hard to deal with too. But i won't give the game a bad score due to player error, the only thing missing was the option to search for specific people like you can do on steam. Expand
  67. Sep 26, 2010
    This game is awesome, its one of my favourites for this generation. I personally like its blend of realism, and arcade action. The campaign's mission structure is very varied and tense. It's short, yes, but i measure quality, not quantity. The online is very fun, and could keep you satisfied for a long time.
  68. Sep 20, 2010
    This is without a doubt the greatest FPS ever. Halo 3 can't touch it. In terms of fantastic gameplay, and balance it is all there. The campaign is the most engrossing 7 hours of a multiplayer campaign game ever. Call of Duty 4 also has some of the best gametypes like Domination, Search and Destroy, ]sabotage, Ground war, Cage match, hardcore headquarters. The list goes on and on. The onlyThis is without a doubt the greatest FPS ever. Halo 3 can't touch it. In terms of fantastic gameplay, and balance it is all there. The campaign is the most engrossing 7 hours of a multiplayer campaign game ever. Call of Duty 4 also has some of the best gametypes like Domination, Search and Destroy, ]sabotage, Ground war, Cage match, hardcore headquarters. The list goes on and on. The only reason you can give under a 9 is because you suck at the game. It punishes the players in terms of spawn trapping in dom, and sabotage, and constantly watching your teammates in Search and HQ. However, if you're a debby downer, you can find small faults, but the gameplay completely obliterates any complaints. The graphics are fantastic for 2007, and humming at 60 frames per second allows you to whip around and move very fluidly. The guns are all fun to use, and its pretty easy to part up and own in public matches, not to mention it is probably the best competitive game ever. The ridiculously addictive upgrade system plus ten prestiging means you probably will spend about 15 days to fully rank and prestige up, and of course you don't have to prestige. Especially now that its 20 dollars its honestly the best value for a video game probably ever. Also this game does a good job of allowing new players to get into the fold, while still allowing good layers to dominate. Expand
  69. Sep 6, 2010
    This highly addictive FPS has a fantastic single player campaign and a incredibly addictive multi-player keeping you glued to your gaming chairs for as long as you like. This game is well know for its single player and how great it is, so no surprises for me to give this game the full, 10/10.
  70. kevinm
    Jan 1, 2010
    campaign kicks ass but i can sit for hours and not play a game online your server sucks it never lets me play more then a few minutes and get kicked to the main menu . It pisses me off i spend 60 bucks to just wait and wait to get connected i like the game but it laggs alot online
  71. karls
    Nov 13, 2009
    what sham what sham they spend 2 years to make this game and they didn
  72. StevoM.
    Nov 9, 2009
    I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ANONYMOUS. "Wow, what an overrated game. Okay, let's establish this first, as itself COD4 isn't that bad, but once you see the hype and fanboyism over this game, it is terrible. Where to begin... First of all, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to notice how bad this graphics are. They are stale and almost last-gen. Second, I thought that I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ANONYMOUS. "Wow, what an overrated game. Okay, let's establish this first, as itself COD4 isn't that bad, but once you see the hype and fanboyism over this game, it is terrible. Where to begin... First of all, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to notice how bad this graphics are. They are stale and almost last-gen. Second, I thought that next-gen games were supposed to get past this respawning arcade shoot-em-up. I got to the point in the game where I stayed back and carefully picked out my enemies for about 30 min., working on clearing the area. Then I realized that they would never go away.When i realized the only way to advance was to sprint to different positions I lost all hope. Not to mention, for whatever reason... a lot of the time when i sprint I throw a grenade... even though im not hitting the left bumper. For some reason 1 out of 10 times when i try to sprint, when I'm done sprinting, i chuck a grenade for no reason. Okay, in some games (like MGS4), the respawning system is basically necessary, but in this game totally takes the fun out of FPS's. Thirdly, there are so many glitches, ie. weapons poking through walls, shooting through walls, etc. and unbalanced gameplay. Grenade fest break out regularly in the multiplayer, and for some reason, your opponents can chuck a grenade from impossibly far and just so happens to land right by your feet. More issues? No Campaign Co-Op, no multi-player achievements, no Rollover incentives, no character customization, part system sucks, no dedicated servers, host migration is lame, you spawn in the middle of firefights, can't see the part members on radar, and... THE STUPID INSTA-KILL KNIFE!!! Why is the knife so goddamn powerful! Ugh. Overall, this game is still sort of good, but once you see how overrated this game is, you have no generosity left. Please avoid this game." Expand
  73. travismacchesney
    Oct 18, 2009
    I thought this was one of the best games ever. it had a thrilling campaign like the snipres and the neuclear bomb one. it has amazing graphics except the gun ship. i think cod 5 is better because of the gore. like you can pop some heads with a certain gun. another thing is the american missions like storming tat beach. overall it was the greatest game in its days and deserves a 10
  74. Ostaf
    Oct 17, 2009
    Honestly the only thing good about this game is the online. The single player is fun but offers little to no replay value and is EXTREMELY short. Graphics are amazing though and the online can be addicting with well over 100 hours logged in. Its only flaw is Internet....you must have it to have more then 3 hours of fun with this game.
  75. cesco
    Oct 16, 2009
    COD 4 is one of the best games i have ever played. Anonymous is an idiot. I still play it whenever i get a chance to, and its still as addicting now as it was when i got it 2 years ago. i highly recommend getting this game - you wont be disappointed.. unless you're a n00b like Anonymous.
  76. ChrisS
    Oct 12, 2009
    Great Multiplayer, occasionally good graphics, brilliant audio and nice weapons. Now for the bad points the story mode is repetitive, not enough features, story is predictable, and the characters are cliches. only play online
  77. DwayneW
    Oct 7, 2009
    Best FPS to date!!! then MW2 is gonna take it's place. The online is just so addictive with the helpful perks and weapons that you unlock. It gives you so much incentive to keep playin
  78. AnonymousMC
    Sep 16, 2009
    Well I do agree with Anonymous that this game is overrated, I don't think it deserves a 3. My experience with this game makes me give it a 7. It does have an amazing multiplayer, and sometimes it has good graphics, but that's all that's good about it. Single-Player is way too short, and the level design isn't great either. It was liking playing any other FPS, exceptWell I do agree with Anonymous that this game is overrated, I don't think it deserves a 3. My experience with this game makes me give it a 7. It does have an amazing multiplayer, and sometimes it has good graphics, but that's all that's good about it. Single-Player is way too short, and the level design isn't great either. It was liking playing any other FPS, except sometimes I was wowed by the gun graphics. That's a good point, while the game dosen't have exactly jaw-dropping graphics (sometimes the textures are so low res that you forget its a next-gen game), its gun graphics are top notch. The almost remind me of Killzone when I play them. Now, crappy Single-Player and inconsistent graphics aside, most of that can be slightly forgiven by its multiplayer.

Kevin C. is right (although, I know of some online games that could give COD4 a run for its money). You can play it for a long time and never get bored of it. At least that's what everyone tells me. I just get bored after playing 15 mins of the online. But hey, maybe you'll enjoy it.

Overall. CoD4 is a good, but a overrated game. You should rent it first, and if you do like it, then buy it. I'm one of those that sold the game because it was just to bland to me.
    But the game did get the overall 3rd best game of 2007 award in the total GOTY awards. When all of its awards were added, it place 3rd place in 2007. That's a good accomplishment. Maybe you will like the game.
  79. Oivind
    Sep 11, 2009
    2 player split screen my ass. When playing split screen you can't play online, and there's no co-op. Useless. I want to play with my wife. There are so few games with interesting split screen modes, that I'm tempted to sell my PS3, and buy a dedicated blu-ray player, since the blu-ray player is, to me, almost the only useful thing about the PS3.
  80. ChadH
    Aug 3, 2009
    The mold that all other FPS should be based on for today's systems. Accurate, precise combat system that almost translates the featured weaponry to the game perfectly. Fun, and captivating multplayer that draws you in and keeps you striving to be better. Would be nice to see a larger effort made for these types of games to prevent misuse of glitches and to stop cheating though. The mold that all other FPS should be based on for today's systems. Accurate, precise combat system that almost translates the featured weaponry to the game perfectly. Fun, and captivating multplayer that draws you in and keeps you striving to be better. Would be nice to see a larger effort made for these types of games to prevent misuse of glitches and to stop cheating though. Graphics still aren't what I expect from the ps3, but it'll probably come in time as you can see from early ps2 games to late ones like FFXII which has better graphics then alot of ps3 games. Replay Value. Main story? Who knows, but the multiplayer I keep jumping back into every now and then. Expand
  81. AlexC
    Jul 21, 2009
    I don't know who anonymous is (obviously), but he's way out of line. 3 out of 10 for one of the best FPS games ever made? Wow.... the only thing I agree about is the respawning, but deal with it. It's a small price to pay for an amazing game.
  82. jonathonconcannon
    Jul 11, 2009
    an incredible game all out i dont have the psn to play the multiplayer to play online but still i hear it is the best multiplayer ever an unbelievable game anyone who thinks this sucks is an idiot if you do not have this game get it you will not be sorry
  83. KevinC.
    Jul 6, 2009
    Call of duty modern warfare is the best online game on the ps3.it also has a fun story mode.unlocking weapons to make classes with is great and the maps are incredible fun!its the only online ps3 game i played that allows cage matches which are very stealthy and has such a variety of brilliant guns.nothing quite gives you a thrill like getting a ten kill streak online in call of duty Call of duty modern warfare is the best online game on the ps3.it also has a fun story mode.unlocking weapons to make classes with is great and the maps are incredible fun!its the only online ps3 game i played that allows cage matches which are very stealthy and has such a variety of brilliant guns.nothing quite gives you a thrill like getting a ten kill streak online in call of duty 4.call of duty 5 is good but the older call of duty 4 is still best!.....oh yeah by the way street fighters 4 got the same score as call of duty 4 which i think is ridiculous!THANKS FOR READING!!!!! Expand
  84. Darius
    Jul 5, 2009
    Anonymous is just an idiot, I don't care about his opinion, the issues he points out like shoot through walls, there is a perk called deep impact that allows you to shoot through a wall, which is entirely possible, you will always get glitches in a game, but to make out that there is a lot is just over exaggerating. I personally don't believe you can throw a grenade to far, in Anonymous is just an idiot, I don't care about his opinion, the issues he points out like shoot through walls, there is a perk called deep impact that allows you to shoot through a wall, which is entirely possible, you will always get glitches in a game, but to make out that there is a lot is just over exaggerating. I personally don't believe you can throw a grenade to far, in its scale I believe its possible in a realistic sense, the grenades don't home in on people, so this guy is obviously a noob and is to predictable hence why he probably dies a lot from random grenades, No campaign co op, I don't think it would have been as good as a single player experience if it was two players, I'm sure they would have to change a lot of things and it wouldn't give off the same atmosphere. Achievements fine there fun to some people, but that doesn't make the game play bad, however I do agree it would be cool, it would be cool to customize you're character but again not needed, there servers boot you or you're party in to a random game against opponents, slightly decreasing the gap you can mess with your stats. I think the single player was good, it was short but enthralling, at points it does keep the enemys coming, but I never felt in anyway they overdone it. It is a FPS after all. Multi player is addictive and fun and I tell you right now, despite what this guy claims, there still tonnes of people playing it, its one of the most played games on Xbox/PS3/PC. A thing to note is COD4 is made by Infinity ward, where as COD5 is made by Treyarch, COD6 (Now just called Modern Warfare 2) is being made by infinity ward again, this is because it takes them two years to make the game and they release it simultaneously,so that there is a call of duty each year. Also COD1 + COD2 is made by Infinity Ward and COD3 by Treyarch, I believe this is important for the review so people who have only played 5 know that the game is developed by a different team so they don't misjudge the game if they didn't rate it. Expand
  85. StevoM.
    Jun 16, 2009
  86. YurMum
    Jun 2, 2009
    This is, so far, one of the best game I have EVER played. This game has everything, humour, action, suspence, and sadness. (at the end) The multiplayer is so fun and I often find myself playing hours at a time. This game has everything I wanted and more. I HIGHLY recomend this game to anyone.
  87. ToddC
    May 24, 2009
    Amazing game! Though the other CoD series were great, this managed to go beyond than what I expected Activision to make. The single player had great graphics and awesome action! It had pretty intense shooting with a diverse amount of weapons and mods that created a new experience of fps gaming. Expect some good adrenaline rush from it! For the multiplayer, it has customizable weapons for Amazing game! Though the other CoD series were great, this managed to go beyond than what I expected Activision to make. The single player had great graphics and awesome action! It had pretty intense shooting with a diverse amount of weapons and mods that created a new experience of fps gaming. Expect some good adrenaline rush from it! For the multiplayer, it has customizable weapons for you to choose that can be acquired by leveling up based on experience points gained. There are many weapons to try under different categories (sniper, assault rifle, machine gun, etc.) with some attachments from red dot sight to grenade launcher to silencers. Not only that, weapons can have skins, varying from woodland color scheme to blue tiger stripes! Number of players per server varies, so you may choose for low or high amount of intensity. There are some modded servers, but not as big nor as many as CoD1 and CoD:UO. Each player can have 3 perks that may give some special abilities or items, such as C4 charges, claymores, extra health, longer breaths for steady sniper shots, and longer sprinting time. Overall, it is the best FPS game I've ever played that will last hours and hours of fun if you choose to play multiplayer! I'm not surprised why CoD4 has become to be the top most played FPS pc, xbox, and ps3 game with an impressive high score. Awesome game! Expand
  88. CodyB
    Apr 18, 2009
    One of THE MOST PERFECT multi-platform video games to ever grace a system!! The first ps3 game I ever beat, omg this game is the shit!!! From the epic opening 2 the heart-stopping climax is the GREATEST FPS EVER!! Damn I'm getting over-exited but this game is that good, not 2 mention the best storyline in a military game AND fps, the most realistic graphics I have EVER seen (next 2 One of THE MOST PERFECT multi-platform video games to ever grace a system!! The first ps3 game I ever beat, omg this game is the shit!!! From the epic opening 2 the heart-stopping climax is the GREATEST FPS EVER!! Damn I'm getting over-exited but this game is that good, not 2 mention the best storyline in a military game AND fps, the most realistic graphics I have EVER seen (next 2 GTA 4), and the beautiful levels. Sure this game could be longer but it's BEYOND satisfying nonetheless. And i there's ANYBODY who doesn't like (or love) game of the year 2007, make sure you play the WHOLE game and see why 94% of videogamers around the world enjoy this bonanza!!! Expand
  89. JonH
    Apr 12, 2009
    This game is great and your an idiot if you like fps and choose not to buy it. It has a storyline that is fun both the first and second time and online play just makes it even better. None of the guns feel overpowered or unrealistic and there are many to choose from. You will love this game from start to finish.
  90. JoeB
    Jan 24, 2009
    This is easily the best FPs and, quite possibly, the best current generation game conceived to date. The campaign immerses at a level no other FPS ever has, while the online is truly a work of genius. Whilst the online is never revolutionary, in the same way Halo 1 was at least, everything within the game is executed almost perfectly. Although at times it can feel like your a floating gun This is easily the best FPs and, quite possibly, the best current generation game conceived to date. The campaign immerses at a level no other FPS ever has, while the online is truly a work of genius. Whilst the online is never revolutionary, in the same way Halo 1 was at least, everything within the game is executed almost perfectly. Although at times it can feel like your a floating gun or get frustrated at dying 5 times in a row in multiplayer; the fact is that for 99% of all the time you play CoD4, you won't be able to remember a game that impressed you and entertained you quite this much. The only FPS within the next two years i can see beating it is possibly Killzone 2. But even for that monster of a game, it'll be an almost impossible task. Expand
  91. JohnnyL.
    Jan 17, 2009
    This game was FANTASTIC. Gameplay was quick, fast and intense. The campaign was well-crafted in terms of missions, difficulty, and other in-game obstacles you have to face. As I have never played a cod game before, this really grabbed my attention which is why I give it 9/10. The huge range of weapons was also a real highlight, and multiplayer is near perfect in every aspect, though some This game was FANTASTIC. Gameplay was quick, fast and intense. The campaign was well-crafted in terms of missions, difficulty, and other in-game obstacles you have to face. As I have never played a cod game before, this really grabbed my attention which is why I give it 9/10. The huge range of weapons was also a real highlight, and multiplayer is near perfect in every aspect, though some of the perks like "the last stand" really pisses me off (when you get shot by a supposedly dead opponent you'll see why). Expand
  92. JordanF
    Dec 17, 2008
    The Best FPS on any platform! Period! This is a thinking mans Halo! The story is terrific, reports of it being unrealistic are unfounded, immersive from the get go! It has so many standout levels it
  93. SimonT.
    Dec 5, 2008
    The good points of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is that it offers a good gaming experience and polished graphics. However, the storyline lacks any depth and length and the online multiplayer server disconnects frequently hindering your online experience (it is enjoyable when it works!). A co-op mode, in which you play with a friend, would be a improvement both online and offline. The good points of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is that it offers a good gaming experience and polished graphics. However, the storyline lacks any depth and length and the online multiplayer server disconnects frequently hindering your online experience (it is enjoyable when it works!). A co-op mode, in which you play with a friend, would be a improvement both online and offline. Overall, it is brilliant, setting the bench-mark for FPS. Room for improvements though! 8 out of 10. Expand
  94. JackT.
    Nov 26, 2008
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is VERY, VERY linear and boring game. The campaign is BAD and very short. When you shoot people you don't have that great feel like in Resistance: FoM and Resistance 2. Only good part in this game is the graphics. Well, music is good, but there are only like 5 min of it... So overrated online mode, which is good, but absolutely not great. No variety at Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is VERY, VERY linear and boring game. The campaign is BAD and very short. When you shoot people you don't have that great feel like in Resistance: FoM and Resistance 2. Only good part in this game is the graphics. Well, music is good, but there are only like 5 min of it... So overrated online mode, which is good, but absolutely not great. No variety at all and the only good level in the whole game is All Ghilled Up well no, actually only 1/3 of it is good and the rest is terrible shooting... The story is awful and very unreal. I keep saying "Why did I waste my money fr this piece of crap!?". Expand
  95. MichaelG.
    Oct 16, 2008
    There is something about this game that just makes you keep on playing for hours. When it comes to shooters, this is the best game out there. I first of all say it has the best graphics to date, and the guns are just so damn awesome. There isn't any 2 player co-op or 2 player split screen online, which is the only drawback to this spectacular game. The story mode, although short, is There is something about this game that just makes you keep on playing for hours. When it comes to shooters, this is the best game out there. I first of all say it has the best graphics to date, and the guns are just so damn awesome. There isn't any 2 player co-op or 2 player split screen online, which is the only drawback to this spectacular game. The story mode, although short, is extremely fun. The levels feel like you are watching a movie. I got shivers when I was playing the sniper level and the ship level. One other thing I didn't especially like was the fact that you couldn't choose your gun in the campaign mode. I got a little tired of using the M4 so I just swapped guns with a dead guy. The multiplayer is really where this game shines. The ranking system is so cool that it makes you want to play just to get your guy high in rank. The different modes are great as well. All in all, I would say any player would agree that this game was worth every penny. Expand
  96. AdrianT.
    Oct 11, 2008
    This game is generic, in a nutshell.
  97. TomJ.
    Oct 10, 2008
    I didn't like it, because it had no vehicles or Co-op.
  98. JackL.
    Sep 29, 2008
    Blows all other fps away by a long long way. bf:bc better?? give me a break. The controls, gun handling , options and sheer satisfaction of each kill available in COD4 are a leap ahead of anything previously released or since. This is the new stardard in gameplay that none have been able to match.
  99. TheBossman
    Sep 19, 2008
    The best online FPS of all time, and the way you can get in a game in seconds is truly excellent. Kudos to Infinity Ward for making it so accessible.
  100. schlittmehr
    Sep 14, 2008
    This is possibly the best game on PS3 out at the moment, its also very good on other consoles. The story missions are very well done, the controls are easy to handle, and the online multiplayer is amazing. The graphics and choice of weaponary and gadgets adds up to unparalleled realism for an fps. With the amount of fps's out at the moment, it takes something special to sit at the This is possibly the best game on PS3 out at the moment, its also very good on other consoles. The story missions are very well done, the controls are easy to handle, and the online multiplayer is amazing. The graphics and choice of weaponary and gadgets adds up to unparalleled realism for an fps. With the amount of fps's out at the moment, it takes something special to sit at the top of the pile and COD4 is just that. Expand

Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
    One of the best military shooters to date, with enough realism to make you feel like you're right on the battlefield. The visuals look amazingly life-like, unmatched by other PlayStation 3 efforts. The gameplay feels familiar, and at the same time refreshing and exciting.
    With proven mechanics, brilliant visuals and sound, a satisfying campaign, and robust multiplayer, COD4 is one of the best FPS packages of the year -- no small feat, considering the competition.