8.4

1. Jul 21, 2012
    The single-player campaign is average for a shooter but the online multiplayer mode is the best there ever was. Whether it was the standard of opposition or the fact that nearly every gamer in the world was playing, this game will forever stand in history as the first great online, multiplayer game of the new generation consoles.
  2. ERB
    Dec 23, 2013
    This is the BEST game on the PS3.Call Of Duty 4:Modern Warfare is a great game with It's awesome multiplayer and even the single player.This game's single player campaign is fun and enjoyable.The multiplayer is the best part in the game.You can play multiplayer activities like free for all and even team deathmatch.This game is both awesome in the single player campaign and multiplayerThis is the BEST game on the PS3.Call Of Duty 4:Modern Warfare is a great game with It's awesome multiplayer and even the single player.This game's single player campaign is fun and enjoyable.The multiplayer is the best part in the game.You can play multiplayer activities like free for all and even team deathmatch.This game is both awesome in the single player campaign and multiplayer gameplay.That is why you should buy this game.This game is awesome and it is highly recommended for you to play this game and try it out!It is fun. Expand
  3. Mar 24, 2011
    This game is still extremely fun to play, even four years after its release. You can pick this up with Modern Warfare 2 in a combo pack for $44 which is a great deal for a lot of fun. I admit, most of the time I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut-off, and the story is somewhat confusing, but I'm having a lot of fun doing it.
  4. Apr 6, 2011
    The only real problem with Call of Duty 4 is that its singleplayer campaign is quite short. However, because of its powerful story, amazing presentation, smooth mechanics, and addicting multiplayer, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is one of the best shooters around, and is definitely worth playing.
  5. Feb 16, 2013
    The latest Call of Duty games like Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 are great, but Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare must be recognized as superb. This one really gets into the grittiness of war. The story is very engaging and emotional. I feel as though the stories in MW3 and BO2 are not as good (not that they are bad). And this is the Call of Duty that set the multiplayer foundation of theThe latest Call of Duty games like Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 are great, but Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare must be recognized as superb. This one really gets into the grittiness of war. The story is very engaging and emotional. I feel as though the stories in MW3 and BO2 are not as good (not that they are bad). And this is the Call of Duty that set the multiplayer foundation of the present Call of Duty games. For that it must not be forgotten. Interestingly, people still play this online. This game is cheap so all by means, go get it. Expand
  6. May 31, 2013
    This was the first time Iv'e a CoD game that isn't still in the WWII era and it's a great one so far! The graphics are superb, single-player story is good, and the MP is just flawless! This is the best CoD game ever created in years!
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    This game was amazing when I first bought it, got through the intense campaign and proceeded to the muliplayer. This game made me an online gamer. I was playing halo 3 at the time i bought this, and never looked back.
  8. Nov 3, 2014
    I personally put this somewhere in my top ten favorite games ever. The campaign, although it has a main villain, manages to focus just enough on the actual war going on to where it feels like a plausible story, something the sequels, and other future Call of Duty games in general, (The exception being Black Ops 2) fail to do. However, the multiplayer for this game is what gave the seriesI personally put this somewhere in my top ten favorite games ever. The campaign, although it has a main villain, manages to focus just enough on the actual war going on to where it feels like a plausible story, something the sequels, and other future Call of Duty games in general, (The exception being Black Ops 2) fail to do. However, the multiplayer for this game is what gave the series its fame. And boy, does it show. This is still one of the more fun Call of Duty multiplayers (is that even a word?) to play. Every weapon is perfectly balanced, aiming and shooting feels satisfying, and sniping is, simply put, perfect. If you are one of those people who jump on the CoD hate bandwagon, or one of those ignorant people who think all Call of Duties are crap without having played all of them, I strongly recommend you go and play this game. It may just change your opinion on the series.

The site won't allow me to rate it like this, but I give it a 9.7/10
  9. Aug 13, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is the best COD game. It haves a great multiplayer and a fantastic single player. Believe me, you will be playing this game for years. The story mode is short, but this game may have the best story mode for shooters. Is a must have for all gamers. 96 out of 100
  10. Jul 23, 2011
    This game is awesome from the epic story to the addictive mutiplayer. It looks fantastic even now sounds like they actually recorded war and provides me with joy every time I play. It has the best FPS level ever and the hardest. The mutiplayer is fantastic from maps to perks to guns and thats what I found great about the game you fight what a war would be like today not in the 1940's. I loved it
  11. Oct 28, 2010
    This game was brilliant and it was very addictive. The story was really enjoyable and well thought out and the multi player was unreal and it was probably the game i played the most during 2007-2008
  12. Feb 3, 2014
    Length: 10 out of 10
    Re-play: 10 out of 10
    Value: 10 out of 10
  13. Sep 23, 2014
    Arguably the game which defined a generation. A compelling single player campaign, including one of the best FPS missions created in 'All Ghillied Up', gears you up for one of the best online experiences ever had. Tremendous maps and more about gunplay than killstreak gimmicks demonstrated why this launched Call of Duty into a world phenomenon.
  14. Jun 3, 2011
    I'm laughing at the people who call this 'overrated'. Don't review a first person shooter game when you obviously don't how to rate anything. Call of Duty 4 is the best out of all the COD series, Black Ops, World at War, Modern Warfare 2 simply can't compare.
  15. Nov 10, 2010
    This is the best FPS ive played the SP is very good I liked the story alot just dissapointed about the ending, the graphics are awesome and the multiplayer is also extremely fun.
  16. Mar 27, 2013
    I'm changing my score my score from a 7 to a 9, now i've played this game for awhile and i decided it a great game. even tried the multiplayer. so heres my new review.

Call of duty 4 i think is maybe slightly overated it should get just a 90, thats good enough to me. the thing i don't like is that the PS3 version has no vibration not sure why, but it doesn't. The campaign is mostly good some parts might just keep you hooked, while some parts are a bit dull. The multiplayer is fun. it's not better than the multiplayer we see in call of duty games today, but the new multiplayer can get tiring sometimes, and you might be tempted to come play this classic again.
  17. Jul 10, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    Modern Warfare puts you as "Soap" from the SAS and Paul Jackson from the marines with the goal of stopping a civil war that imploded in Russia. Although the story is weak compared to today's standard, back when this game came out in 2007, its story was groundbreaking mostly due to how it was one of the first modern military shooters to come out. Because of how most of shooters that were released before COD4 were WW2 shooters, COD4 was groundbraking in story, gameplay, and multiplayer because of its modern setting. Some of the side characters are good and have some good radio-chatter, the antagonist (although cliched) has a good backstory (which also leads to one of Call of Duty's best missions ever), and both playable protagonist are mute (Perfect :D). Even though no one talks about COD4's story today, you still have to give IW props for thinking outside the box with storytelling back when this came out. 8/10

Gameplay:
    A lot of the common CoD SP cliches started here. Some include: Dumb A.I., Michael Bay set-pieces, easy-to-use guns with no recoil in them, a few stealth segments sprinkled here and there, a vehicle mission, slow-mo sections, and sniping. The 1 thing this CoD had that no other CoD has to this day are cheats. You unlock cheats by collecting intel, and this was the only time I wanted to collect cheats outside of trophies collecting (please bring them back). Just like with the story, even though these features are cliche now, back in 07 these were innovating. So give IW credit for creating these before they became cliched. 8/10

Graphics:
    Because of its 07 release, and because of how the previous CoDs looked, CoD 4's graphics were innovating back then. Even to this day, these graphics don't look bad on PC. 7/10

Sound:
    Just like in graphics, the sounds of gun shots, vehicles, radio chatter, and explosives were new back in 07, so at least appreciate that. 7/10

Multiplayer:
    This was by far the biggest change to happen in CoD4 due to how much they added. This was the 1st CoD to add create-a-class, perks, (pre-set) killstreaks, mini-map, camos, challenges, prestige mode, and attachments. Another big thing was how balanced the guns were back then (except martydom and last stand :( ). I find it hilarious how CoD4 has more balance then some of the newer CoDs. The only bad thing about the multiplayer is how it's filled with hackers, glitches, exploits, and that it's been abandoned. Good luck getting into a good match since most of the time, there will be a hacker there. It's sad to see such a classic multiplayer like this get ruined by the community. R.I.P. CoD 4 multiplayer. (07 rating: 10/10). Current Rating: 4/10

Verdict:
    Back in 2007, this CoD was ground-breaking. They added so many new features and mechanics that it's disappointing to see how far it dropped. If this were 2007, I'd recommend you buy this game ASAP, But now, just rent it. I'm still gonna give this game it's 2007 rating, but I'm not saying buy it now. The game's dead.
  18. Jan 9, 2015
    This, is without a single doubt, the greatest FPS, CoD and PS3 game ever made.

Pros: The gameplay is stunning, the controls are extremely responsive and I never felt frustrated with them at any time. The Single Player campaign is, to put it bluntly, epic. The story was very interesting, the characters were memorable and there were some awesome sequences that I will remember forever.
    This, is without a single doubt, the greatest FPS, CoD and PS3 game ever made.

Pros:
    The Multiplayer, even now, is spectacular and is definitely the best half of the game. There are so many game modes to choose from and so many people to play with. This game will be 8 years old this year and it is still not old!

Cons (Very Minor):
    As the game came out in 2007, the graphics don't exactly look stunning today, the game does look dated on PS3. I am sure this is the same case with the 360 and PC versions.

Overall, this is the best game I have played on the PS3 and if you have or if you are going to get a PS3 or 360, definitely give this game a go!

10/10 (Because who cares about graphics? (Everyone))
  19. Sep 7, 2014
    The best of the best Modern warfare is the monument of FPS. This game contains reason for me and gamers everywhere to exist. One of the best FPS i've played in a LONG time and it's defiantly here to stay.

also:
    -good graphics
    -great campaign
    -great multiplayer
    -could use a little more dynamic features
    overal an amazing slightly old FPS 9/10
  20. Nov 7, 2014
    Jump starting the Call of Duty phenomenon, "Modern Warfare" is one of the best modern shooters to be found, even 7 years after its release. Single player contains a very interesting plot, multiple locations and a wide array of mission variety. Packaged with a robust multiplayer that forces you to stay up past midnight with its addictive scoring system and class customization, this is oneJump starting the Call of Duty phenomenon, "Modern Warfare" is one of the best modern shooters to be found, even 7 years after its release. Single player contains a very interesting plot, multiple locations and a wide array of mission variety. Packaged with a robust multiplayer that forces you to stay up past midnight with its addictive scoring system and class customization, this is one of the most solid shooter out there.

Full the full review, check out "BathroomGamers" on YouTube :)
  21. Nov 14, 2011
    Man, when this game came out I was in shock how good it was! I loved everything about it! Multiplayer was new and refreshing! Single player was great. One of the best shooters ever if you ask me. I owned it on all three platforms!
  22. Sep 28, 2013
    EN: Outstanding campaign, plenty of variety and chaotic combats make of COD 4: Modern Warfare the best game of the series.
    PT-BR: Campanha excelente, muita variedade e combates caóticos fazem de COD 4: Modern Warfare o melhor jogo da série.
  23. Sep 16, 2013
    How on Earth do people give this mixed reviews? This is a fantastic game, the campaign and multiplayer are both outstanding. There's simply no other game that matches Cod4
  24. Aug 26, 2011
    its much better than mw2. more stable matchmaking,gr8 storyline,which helps you to connect with the characters,very addictive multiplayer,gr8 graphics for a game released in '07 and mega longevity. i have spent over 65 hours in multiplayer.. definite buy..
  25. Dec 17, 2011
    This and cod2 are the best cods i played.This game is overall amazing. Campiagn was pretty good and the mulitplayer was great. the only thing i hate about online is that i sometimes keep lagging. still it is a good game.
  26. Sep 17, 2012
    The story is the best in the series and that also goes for MP. This game defined what COD could do and for the next generation of gaming we need a remake for this game. I love this game so much I own it on both 360 and PS3.
  27. Dec 28, 2012
    This was an amazing game. It's a shame things went downhill after MW2 when they started adding unnecessary crap that over-complicated the game and made it really rage-inducing. The simplicity of this game is really what makes it phenomenal. It is almost entirely free of bull$hit. The only thing about this game that pisses me off, other than the technical issues, is Martyrdom. But otherThis was an amazing game. It's a shame things went downhill after MW2 when they started adding unnecessary crap that over-complicated the game and made it really rage-inducing. The simplicity of this game is really what makes it phenomenal. It is almost entirely free of bull$hit. The only thing about this game that pisses me off, other than the technical issues, is Martyrdom. But other than that, it is close to flawless. The maps are great, the gameplay is nice and fast-paced, the weapon balance is as close to perfection as any CoD game has ever been, and it is just overall a joy to play. Second to World at War as my favourite Call of Duty game. Expand
  28. Aug 9, 2012
    This is the game were you feel yourself like a soldier and it involves you with it. I bought it and end it just after 3 days because one can go out after end...... one after another and then next .... Very good game.
  29. May 22, 2012
    When this game originally came out, it blew my mind. The story and graphics were superb and engaging (especially the "one shot one kill" campaign level). The multiplayer doesn't need to be elaborated on. It was revolutionary, and now you see practically every shooter using some form of version of it's multiplayer custom class layout
  30. Dec 15, 2011
    Pure greatness at it's best but there are still lag and balancing problems and the story gets a bit bare but...no spoilers here great game but the minor flaws keep it form being a 9/10 game on a percent scale i would give it a 98%

Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
    One of the best military shooters to date, with enough realism to make you feel like you're right on the battlefield. The visuals look amazingly life-like, unmatched by other PlayStation 3 efforts. The gameplay feels familiar, and at the same time refreshing and exciting.
    With proven mechanics, brilliant visuals and sound, a satisfying campaign, and robust multiplayer, COD4 is one of the best FPS packages of the year -- no small feat, considering the competition.