8.4

1. Jan 21, 2011
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is quite a good game, it is a single player campaign but you can go online and join games with other people and play against them. The player goes through a lot of missions and there is quite a lot of killing involved in the game. You can unlock more levels but as you play your way through the game is gets harder and harder, also that you can unlock more weapons e.g. AK47, Rocket launcher, Sniper and many more. All the weapons have different types of use, for instant you can get the Rocket launcher in different types, heat seeker, target mover and a lot more. This game is quite addictive because the more you play the more you want to carry on, I think that this Modern Warfare 4 is better than all the other games, because one minuite your in a killing zone were your just about to loose your life and the next your in a battle field shooting somebody else. When you play on multiplayer you get a wide variety of weapons to choose from but if your playing on your own in campaign then you have to unlock the weapons one by one but its well worth the wait because then its fun killing your enemies. Overall I think that this game is good and most of the people that play this game will rate it ten out of ten. It will keep you busy for a long time! Expand
  2. Dec 15, 2011
    Pure greatness at it's best but there are still lag and balancing problems and the story gets a bit bare but...no spoilers here great game but the minor flaws keep it form being a 9/10 game on a percent scale i would give it a 98%
  3. MW3
    Jan 18, 2012
    This is one of the best games ever
    !!!!! Dont even bother to read the bad reviews because they're probably some battlefield fans .i just got this game like 4 days ago and i love the campaign so far
  4. Nov 14, 2011
    Man, when this game came out I was in shock how good it was! I loved everything about it! Multiplayer was new and refreshing! Single player was great. One of the best shooters ever if you ask me. I owned it on all three platforms!
  5. Jan 7, 2012
    This is simply the cod game that revolutionised the series taking it from WWII to modern times. The multiplayer is fantastic and so is the campaign if the was any flaw, it woud be the lag.
  6. Aug 9, 2012
    This is the game were you feel yourself like a soldier and it involves you with it. I bought it and end it just after 3 days because one can go out after end...... one after another and then next .... Very good game.
  7. Mar 27, 2013
    I'm changing my score my score from a 7 to a 9, now i've played this game for awhile and i decided it a great game. even tried the multiplayer. so heres my new review.

Call of duty 4 i think is maybe slightly overated it should get just a 90, thats good enough to me. the thing i don't like is that the PS3 version has no vibration not sure why, but it doesn't. The campaign is mostly good
    some parts might just keep you hooked, while some parts are a bit dull. The multiplayer is fun. it's not better than the multiplayer we see in call of duty games today, but the new multiplayer can get tiring sometimes, and you might be tempted to come play this classic again. Expand
  8. Dec 28, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is an epic adventure. The campaign is filled with action and a very memorable story. There was so much variety with each mission. The multiplayer was without a doubt the best online experience I have ever had. It was so simple just shoot people with guns and get killstreaks. But the simplistic style of Cod 4's multiplayer is where it shines. Call of Duty is getting more worse when each game gets released. I hope one day Call of Duty goes back to this style of a game. 9/10. Expand
  9. Oct 28, 2010
    This game was brilliant and it was very addictive. The story was really enjoyable and well thought out and the multi player was unreal and it was probably the game i played the most during 2007-2008
  10. Sep 6, 2010
    This highly addictive FPS has a fantastic single player campaign and a incredibly addictive multi-player keeping you glued to your gaming chairs for as long as you like. This game is well know for its single player and how great it is, so no surprises for me to give this game the full, 10/10.
  11. Sep 26, 2010
    This game is awesome, its one of my favourites for this generation. I personally like its blend of realism, and arcade action. The campaign's mission structure is very varied and tense. It's short, yes, but i measure quality, not quantity. The online is very fun, and could keep you satisfied for a long time.
  12. Sep 20, 2010
    This is without a doubt the greatest FPS ever. Halo 3 can't touch it. In terms of fantastic gameplay, and balance it is all there. The campaign is the most engrossing 7 hours of a multiplayer campaign game ever. Call of Duty 4 also has some of the best gametypes like Domination, Search and Destroy, ]sabotage, Ground war, Cage match, hardcore headquarters. The list goes on and on. The only reason you can give under a 9 is because you suck at the game. It punishes the players in terms of spawn trapping in dom, and sabotage, and constantly watching your teammates in Search and HQ. However, if you're a debby downer, you can find small faults, but the gameplay completely obliterates any complaints. The graphics are fantastic for 2007, and humming at 60 frames per second allows you to whip around and move very fluidly. The guns are all fun to use, and its pretty easy to part up and own in public matches, not to mention it is probably the best competitive game ever. The ridiculously addictive upgrade system plus ten prestiging means you probably will spend about 15 days to fully rank and prestige up, and of course you don't have to prestige. Especially now that its 20 dollars its honestly the best value for a video game probably ever. Also this game does a good job of allowing new players to get into the fold, while still allowing good layers to dominate. Expand
  13. Oct 5, 2010
    I'm not new to shooter games, when i played COD4 on my PS3, the single player was simply amazing, very addictive, and very modern and believable. The graphics are simply amazing, realistic, and the game is very fast paced action.There was an issue with the online multiplayer side, i had to disable my UPNP on my router and open ports in order to get the game to connect online, which was the only reason the game got a 9. The game is kinda hard for someone new to 3rd person shooters, as you can die the moment you spawn after death, and the air strikes can be quite hard to deal with too. But i won't give the game a bad score due to player error, the only thing missing was the option to search for specific people like you can do on steam. Expand
  14. Nov 10, 2010
    This is the best FPS ive played the SP is very good I liked the story alot just dissapointed about the ending, the graphics are awesome and the multiplayer is also extremely fun.
  15. Dec 26, 2010
    This game was the most memorable FPS I ever played. I previously did not like COD series due to the linear nature of the game. If you played one level you had played them all, an endless wave of bad guys and eventually you kill enough and press forward you will pass the level. With COD4 the game play became more varied, there were quite a few "moments" in the game that just blew you away, like nothing I'd ever experienced before. Still some much of the same from the series but the modern era and a few wow moments and the game became something special. Multiplayer was a game changer. The perk and leveling system was the greatest to date and had so much replay value I never took it out of my console until the sequel came out. I really had that much fun playing it!! I'd rate the game 94 out of 100 only deducting for the single player still being a somewhat linear progression, but the multiplayer was the best fun I'd had in some time. Expand
  16. Apr 6, 2011
    The only real problem with Call of Duty 4 is that its singleplayer campaign is quite short. However, because of its powerful story, amazing presentation, smooth mechanics, and addicting multiplayer, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is one of the best shooters around, and is definitely worth playing.
  17. Mar 24, 2011
    This game is still extremely fun to play, even four years after its release. You can pick this up with Modern Warfare 2 in a combo pack for $44 which is a great deal for a lot of fun. I admit, most of the time I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut-off, and the story is somewhat confusing, but I'm having a lot of fun doing it.
  18. Apr 17, 2011
    This is the first FPS game that started my online shooter addiction. It's fantastic and still holds up over the years. Highly recommended for anyone that loves war games and first person shooter games.
  19. Jun 3, 2011
    I'm laughing at the people who call this 'overrated'. Don't review a first person shooter game when you obviously don't how to rate anything. Call of Duty 4 is the best out of all the COD series, Black Ops, World at War, Modern Warfare 2 simply can't compare.
  20. Aug 26, 2011
    its much better than mw2. more stable matchmaking,gr8 storyline,which helps you to connect with the characters,very addictive multiplayer,gr8 graphics for a game released in '07 and mega longevity. i have spent over 65 hours in multiplayer.. definite buy..
  21. Feb 16, 2013
    The latest Call of Duty games like Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 are great, but Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare must be recognized as superb. This one really gets into the grittiness of war. The story is very engaging and emotional. I feel as though the stories in MW3 and BO2 are not as good (not that they are bad). And this is the Call of Duty that set the multiplayer foundation of the present Call of Duty games. For that it must not be forgotten. Interestingly, people still play this online. This game is cheap so all by means, go get it. Expand
  22. Jul 23, 2011
    This game is awesome from the epic story to the addictive mutiplayer. It looks fantastic even now sounds like they actually recorded war and provides me with joy every time I play. It has the best FPS level ever and the hardest. The mutiplayer is fantastic from maps to perks to guns and thats what I found great about the game you fight what a war would be like today not in the 1940's. I loved it
  23. Nov 14, 2011
    Out of all of the Modern shooters, Call of Duty 4 still stands as the strongest and most innovative of the bunch. The gameplay is streamlined, approachable, yet takes skill and patience to master. The storyline at the time of its release was great. There's not much to complain about this game except for the glitchers who have taken over in the last year.
  24. May 22, 2012
    When this game originally came out, it blew my mind. The story and graphics were superb and engaging (especially the "one shot one kill" campaign level). The multiplayer doesn't need to be elaborated on. It was revolutionary, and now you see practically every shooter using some form of version of it's multiplayer custom class layout
  25. Dec 17, 2011
    This and cod2 are the best cods i played.This game is overall amazing. Campiagn was pretty good and the mulitplayer was great. the only thing i hate about online is that i sometimes keep lagging. still it is a good game.
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    This game was amazing when I first bought it, got through the intense campaign and proceeded to the muliplayer. This game made me an online gamer. I was playing halo 3 at the time i bought this, and never looked back.
  27. Mar 3, 2012
    Definitely the GREATEST game of all-time. This masterpiece by inifity ward completely revoutionized the online gaming experience while providing one of the best single player campaigns ever. Gameinformer said in their review that cod4 is "One of the absolute best games to grace any platform to date." Some of the best missions were included in this game including All Ghilled Up, the greatest sniping mission ever and the greatest mission ever. Playing as the legendly character Captain price under the command of Captian McMillan (actually based on a solider who fought during WWII) and your job is to assassinate somebody. Some other cool missions include 'Death from above' , 'Mile high Club' and 'Sins of our fathers'. That was just the campaign, now the online is what really attracted ALOT of people to the game. The revolutionary online experience included the never before seen kill streak and ranking up system. Along with attactments and camos to your guns and a create a class opionon, people were intstantly amazed at the experience. Expand
  28. Jul 21, 2012
    The single-player campaign is average for a shooter but the online multiplayer mode is the best there ever was. Whether it was the standard of opposition or the fact that nearly every gamer in the world was playing, this game will forever stand in history as the first great online, multiplayer game of the new generation consoles.
  29. Aug 13, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is the best COD game. It haves a great multiplayer and a fantastic single player. Believe me, you will be playing this game for years. The story mode is short, but this game may have the best story mode for shooters. Is a must have for all gamers. 96 out of 100
  30. Sep 17, 2012
    The story is the best in the series and that also goes for MP. This game defined what COD could do and for the next generation of gaming we need a remake for this game. I love this game so much I own it on both 360 and PS3.
  31. Dec 12, 2010
    the last good COD game. the story mode is really fun but way to short easily beatin in 5 hours unless you are playing on vetren . i decent selection of wepons . some fun side missions where you get to man a turret in a plane. a decent story that kept me midely intrested . the online is the big piece of this game all be it its still your basic run and gun like a chicken with your head cut off with no team work ever being used . the use of a mic is piontless unless you wana hear 13 year old morons shouting all kinds of racists and moronic things . still its one of the best set ups for this typ of game . id like to have seen more of a team base incentive put into this game and co-op would have been great but its still a fun game that keptt me intrested in the online for atleast 2 months before i got bored with it Collapse

Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
    One of the best military shooters to date, with enough realism to make you feel like you're right on the battlefield. The visuals look amazingly life-like, unmatched by other PlayStation 3 efforts. The gameplay feels familiar, and at the same time refreshing and exciting.
    With proven mechanics, brilliant visuals and sound, a satisfying campaign, and robust multiplayer, COD4 is one of the best FPS packages of the year -- no small feat, considering the competition.