8.4

1. SidM.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Me and my friends play the online part all the time, this game is awesome. You can shoot through walls (realistically of course) and everything. I haven't really been able to find any flaws except the servers suck, it kicks you offline a lot but im not sure if thats not just because I have a German internet connection. Either way it is a must buy game, I'm actually in the Army Me and my friends play the online part all the time, this game is awesome. You can shoot through walls (realistically of course) and everything. I haven't really been able to find any flaws except the servers suck, it kicks you offline a lot but im not sure if thats not just because I have a German internet connection. Either way it is a must buy game, I'm actually in the Army and the weapons like the M16 A-4 and the AK are very realistic. I would recommend to everyone. Expand
  2. JonathanC.
    Nov 5, 2007
    OMG Perfect game! Campaign is very intense. Gameplay is tight and responsive. Graphics set a new high to me. Multiplayer is incredible! Lots of gameplay options, PERKS! Overall this is a perfect game! Great amount of detail and options.
  3. h0m0sapi3n
    Mar 10, 2008
    absolutely.bloody.brilliant. Finest outing in the Call of Duty series with a compelling campaign (a touch short, but I'm revisiting it again and again) and a visceral feel that sets a good benchmark for future games in the series - Infinity Ward need to be the custodians of the franchise.
  4. KevinC.
    Jul 6, 2009
    Call of duty modern warfare is the best online game on the ps3.it also has a fun story mode.unlocking weapons to make classes with is great and the maps are incredible fun!its the only online ps3 game i played that allows cage matches which are very stealthy and has such a variety of brilliant guns.nothing quite gives you a thrill like getting a ten kill streak online in call of duty Call of duty modern warfare is the best online game on the ps3.it also has a fun story mode.unlocking weapons to make classes with is great and the maps are incredible fun!its the only online ps3 game i played that allows cage matches which are very stealthy and has such a variety of brilliant guns.nothing quite gives you a thrill like getting a ten kill streak online in call of duty 4.call of duty 5 is good but the older call of duty 4 is still best!.....oh yeah by the way street fighters 4 got the same score as call of duty 4 which i think is ridiculous!THANKS FOR READING!!!!! Expand
  5. StephanRdgh
    Nov 10, 2007
    Great game. so realistic and fun. IT AMAZING!
  6. JanN.
    Nov 18, 2007
    I simply cant find anything negative about this game, except that the single player is a bit short, but the quality of the online and singleplayer is MASSIVE... One of the best games I have tried so far on the PS3, even beats my expectations! And that says alot... From stealthing with snipers, blasting away enemies with thermal vison from helicpoters, to boost your way throug some arab I simply cant find anything negative about this game, except that the single player is a bit short, but the quality of the online and singleplayer is MASSIVE... One of the best games I have tried so far on the PS3, even beats my expectations! And that says alot... From stealthing with snipers, blasting away enemies with thermal vison from helicpoters, to boost your way throug some arab shit ass tv station ;D ! lol, this isnt just great it is fun! Expand
  7. ChrisL.
    Nov 26, 2007
    Easily the best game on PS3. amazing story with constant twists and action. great online multiplayer and not a slowdown in sight. simply outstanding. if you don't own it buy it.
  8. RichardG.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Best game ever i played! It was fabulous!
  9. PaulG.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Terrific ps3 game! Nothing bad to say about it!
  10. PabloS.
    Oct 24, 2007
    I loved it more than any other game! So much action and war... amazing visuals!
  11. ramepage87gk
    Dec 5, 2007
    the most amazing game iv ever play i thought RFOM was great but this game is even better to the gameplay to the action to the shotting it overwelms any other game made and not to menchion the ghraphics are amazing this is an intant claasic to add to ps3 geatest hits it just does not get old this is a must have if you dont have it buy it its well worth your sevnty bucks.!!!!!!!!
  12. AndyR.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Awesome game for single player, and even sweeter with your buddies online. This game is a "must" for Fps fans!
  13. SpartanC.
    Feb 14, 2008
    This Game is awesome! The single player is brilliant to play through and the most realisitic and compelling shooter I've played in ages. The Multiplayer is 2nd to none.
  14. TomB.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Seriously the best game to date....until Killzone 2 and MGS4 that is!
  15. Andrew
    Feb 5, 2008
    Probably the best game I've played.... or maybe ever will play (hope not though).
  16. MatthewW.
    Feb 8, 2008
    The best game I've ever played! I heard people say that you die to quick on COD4 and not on Halo 3. Well, I hate to tell you Halo fans, but in real life war, you don't have this protective shield to soak up some of the shots. You really do die with just a few bullets. That's what makes COD4 so GREAT! It's very realistic. It takes more strategy to stay alive instead of The best game I've ever played! I heard people say that you die to quick on COD4 and not on Halo 3. Well, I hate to tell you Halo fans, but in real life war, you don't have this protective shield to soak up some of the shots. You really do die with just a few bullets. That's what makes COD4 so GREAT! It's very realistic. It takes more strategy to stay alive instead of a protective shield. Multiplayer is just outstanding, also I just wish they made mod tools and patches for the console versions instead of just the PC version. I also wish that you had bigger arena's with more player capacities. Other than that, this game has the best graphics of any other FPS EVER!!! It's just plain genius. Expand
  17. LukeR.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Love this game! Great Hollywood style single player with addictive multiplayer that keeps bringing you back night after night week after week month after month.
  18. JamesK.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Awesome online gaming cant stop playing if I ever get bored of that I could actually spend time playing the offline game.
  19. RyanK.
    Jul 7, 2008
    This is a very good game online and offline the offline mode was exciting and if you played it you cannot tell me different. Online mode is very fun it takes a little bit to figure out the maps but once u get into the game you become addicted...anyone who voted less than a 10 can just go and play heroin hero haha.
  20. BenD.
    Aug 20, 2008
    dis is by far the best game online, i luv it i currently hav completed the game, and i am online mode, it is the best game of the centuary
  21. cesco
    Oct 16, 2009
    COD 4 is one of the best games i have ever played. Anonymous is an idiot. I still play it whenever i get a chance to, and its still as addicting now as it was when i got it 2 years ago. i highly recommend getting this game - you wont be disappointed.. unless you're a n00b like Anonymous.
  22. JonH
    Apr 12, 2009
    This game is great and your an idiot if you like fps and choose not to buy it. It has a storyline that is fun both the first and second time and online play just makes it even better. None of the guns feel overpowered or unrealistic and there are many to choose from. You will love this game from start to finish.
  23. YurMum
    Jun 2, 2009
    This is, so far, one of the best game I have EVER played. This game has everything, humour, action, suspence, and sadness. (at the end) The multiplayer is so fun and I often find myself playing hours at a time. This game has everything I wanted and more. I HIGHLY recomend this game to anyone.
  24. JohnG.
    Nov 12, 2007
    I played both Ps3 and 360. Ps3 is much better. No kids swearing and making racists comments on the mics. Th eone good thing about ps3s cost is it keeps away the trash to an extent. Graphics and lighting are superior on Ps3. 360s controls are a lot looser and rumble affects your aim to such an extent that it makes multiplayer difficult.
  25. AlistairT.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I have both a 360 Elite and PS3 and yes, there are a few differences in texture and lighting quality....but it works both ways. It seems to depend on what level you're on as some look better on 360, some on PS3. As for online, both are taking an age to get a game connection, but I've suffered no dropout at all on the PS3 and there is no lag, and I have an archaic 512k I have both a 360 Elite and PS3 and yes, there are a few differences in texture and lighting quality....but it works both ways. It seems to depend on what level you're on as some look better on 360, some on PS3. As for online, both are taking an age to get a game connection, but I've suffered no dropout at all on the PS3 and there is no lag, and I have an archaic 512k connection! The 360 Live system is currently an absolute mess though. Microsoft's last update has made it unplayable right now. Expand
  26. GaryS.
    Nov 6, 2007
    Game of the Year 07!
  27. JoseF.
    Nov 9, 2007
    WOW! You have to go out and buy this game!! Intense action all the way with an incredible multiplayer and the best graphics I've seen in a console! If you have a PS3, this is the game to get!
  28. HughH.
    Nov 9, 2007
    Not too many games get a 10 from me, but to quite simply put it, COD4 is a masterpiece. The amount of detail and polish is just ridiculous. Shoot enemies in the legs while running and they topple over, shoot an enemy in the head when wearing a helmet, knocks it off before he goes falling, not tumbling or spinning but simply just fall over. When you get shot, you can almost feel it. When Not too many games get a 10 from me, but to quite simply put it, COD4 is a masterpiece. The amount of detail and polish is just ridiculous. Shoot enemies in the legs while running and they topple over, shoot an enemy in the head when wearing a helmet, knocks it off before he goes falling, not tumbling or spinning but simply just fall over. When you get shot, you can almost feel it. When you reload the 249SaW, you see the latch pop open like it does in real life. When you swing a knife, your whole body twists. I could go on and on about this game being in the military myself, but playing this game shows you exactly what being in the military in a time of war means....no other game has come close to that. Expand
  29. SimonG.
    Nov 9, 2007
    Well well well, what can i say that everyone hasnt said already.. this game is just an aboslute must if you have a ps3.. believe me if you dont buy this game you might as well sell your computer, because this is by far the best game and shooter available today.. from the maps to the gameplay and then to your perks you unlock are just awesome, to name a couple , last stand where you pull Well well well, what can i say that everyone hasnt said already.. this game is just an aboslute must if you have a ps3.. believe me if you dont buy this game you might as well sell your computer, because this is by far the best game and shooter available today.. from the maps to the gameplay and then to your perks you unlock are just awesome, to name a couple , last stand where you pull out your pistol as your dying and then to martydom where you drop a grenade when you die.. the amount of kills you get with these two alone are great so its worth buliding your points up for these alone, and also you have to rank up to open certain game modes which is a nice touch as well.. just do me a favor and stop reading this and go and buy this game NOW.. infinity ward i would just like to say from me and many others thank you so much for the greatest game ever.. 10/10 Expand
  30. ChaseC.
    Dec 20, 2007
    Great game, great graphics, amazing control of things like guns where you unlock them with levels, i love it, they did a good job making it.
  31. RandyS.
    Dec 26, 2007
    This game on PS3 was a 9, until they updated the multiplayer. Now the games a ten. It exactly like war, at least what I hear from some people, I know to have gone to the middle east.
  32. TooSexy
    Dec 28, 2007
    Best FPS I have ever played. Some of the reviews have talked about the server being poor, but they have fixed the problems and it runs great now.
  33. TeddyF.
    Oct 23, 2007
    It is the best ps3 game to date... I think. It has awesome online, and better graphics than the 360 version! IT IS SICK!
  34. AllyR.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Coming from a girl! It is so awesome and feels so real 10/10! COD4 rocks!
  35. ThiagoS.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I enjoyed it so much... it is better than the 360 version! I thought had amazing look and gameplays! It felt so real and felt like it was made exclusively for the PS3s!
  36. StefanJ.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Feel very nice to me. I loved it and felt like I was in the war. PS3 version is also better I heard, on many game sites...in terms of graphics.
  37. TomH.
    Oct 23, 2007
    So many ps3 owners are buying this because their are not many good games out at the moment....making this like resistance, with so many people playing online! I love it! It is the best looking game I have ever played, besides Crysis. PS3 rules! This game is sick! 10/10!
  38. MichaelD.
    Triple AAA PS3 title.
  39. WilliamY.
    Oct 23, 2007
    It is so good. I love games like this! MODERN! Great fun.
  40. JohnL.
    Oct 23, 2007
    It is great! I am loving the graphics and gameplay!
  41. JamieR.
    Jan 21, 2008
    Best FPS experience i have ever had. Grpping and intense single player campain (if a little short) and also amazing online too. The graphics are superb for a shotter - it's so cinematic. If you only buy one shooter for your ps3 then this has to be it.
  42. JordanF
    Dec 17, 2008
    The Best FPS on any platform! Period! This is a thinking mans Halo! The story is terrific, reports of it being unrealistic are unfounded, immersive from the get go! It has so many standout levels it
  43. Spyroth
    Jan 27, 2008
    Man this game is too good. ive never played a game so well made. the campaign moded is fun but short, but the online will keep u playing for hours and hours. there is so much fun to be had here- this is a must own.
  44. DanishA.
    Feb 10, 2008
    I would simply bow to this game by the gameplay and the awesome and simply great graphics. No one should hate this game because this game is really great and i would never get tired of playing this awesome and great game.
  45. WendellA.
    Feb 15, 2008
    why is the tress and grass not moving, though it was next gen.....nahhh. This game is perfect nonetheless.search and destroy xbox fanboys baby.
  46. YoucefC.
    Mar 16, 2008
    Speechless. Online and Offline are just outstanding. I find it all around amazing and the best game I ever played and owned. A must have.
  47. JohnS.
    Mar 19, 2008
    This is a game that will blow you away, and is still worth it even without multiplayer, because the well woven story will keep you coming again and again. The multiplayer, simply put, is the best online game I have ever played in my life. At $60 this game is a steal.
  48. RobT.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Call of Duty 4 is a game that i find unbelievable good at all points, the single player story line is immersive and fulfilling in comparison to some games in which you play for the joy of shooting, infinity ward does not stop there but continues with its high quality into multiplayer where there is always someone online and always well tanked matches. This game is in a league of its own. 11/10!
  49. F-TangInc
    Apr 20, 2008
    This is the single greatest shooting game I've ever played, and I've played HALO so I can compare. The campaign is epic and the online is epic-er! Its just so insanely fun. And it has to have some of the best graphics I've ever seen. This game makes me glad I got the PS3 and not the XBox.
  50. PicklebeeN.
    Apr 6, 2008
    Definitely the best FPS I've ever played. the vs. mode is when it really shines for me. nothing is quite like having a gunfight with your best buds at an all night sleepover that's fueled by soda and donuts. A MUST buy for FPS fans. if you're looking for a great CO-OP shooter though, check out Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
  51. r4pt0rDeinonychus
    May 17, 2008
    The Call of Duty series is what got me into shooters in the first place, and this is the best installment yet! I have been in clans for United Offensive and CoD2, and I plan on joining a CoD4 clan soon. Thanks Infinity Ward! You guys pwn! This is most definitely the best shooter ever, it is even better than TF2!
  52. JackH
    Jul 15, 2008
    honestly the best controlling console FPS I've ever played. that aside, this game also manages to have the best FPS story I've every played as well. Graphics are great. music is great. if you don't own this, buy it. I used to think the only shooters worth buying were on PC, this was the first console shooter to feel so second nature - dual analog and everything.
  53. KevinJ.
    Jul 20, 2008
    This game rocks because u feel the action and has a lot of guns.
  54. DavidB.
    Jul 31, 2008
    Top class shooting game. Movement is smooth and the shooting is beautiful the only fps which is better is Battlefield Bad Company.
  55. RhysA.
    Aug 13, 2008
    Never get bored of the multiplayer, i would buy this game just for the online gaming.
  56. ChrisM.
    Aug 18, 2008
    Best first person shooter I have played since the socom series.
  57. schlittmehr
    Sep 14, 2008
    This is possibly the best game on PS3 out at the moment, its also very good on other consoles. The story missions are very well done, the controls are easy to handle, and the online multiplayer is amazing. The graphics and choice of weaponary and gadgets adds up to unparalleled realism for an fps. With the amount of fps's out at the moment, it takes something special to sit at the This is possibly the best game on PS3 out at the moment, its also very good on other consoles. The story missions are very well done, the controls are easy to handle, and the online multiplayer is amazing. The graphics and choice of weaponary and gadgets adds up to unparalleled realism for an fps. With the amount of fps's out at the moment, it takes something special to sit at the top of the pile and COD4 is just that. Expand
  58. TheBossman
    Sep 19, 2008
    The best online FPS of all time, and the way you can get in a game in seconds is truly excellent. Kudos to Infinity Ward for making it so accessible.
  59. JackL.
    Sep 29, 2008
    Blows all other fps away by a long long way. bf:bc better?? give me a break. The controls, gun handling , options and sheer satisfaction of each kill available in COD4 are a leap ahead of anything previously released or since. This is the new stardard in gameplay that none have been able to match.
  60. travismacchesney
    Oct 18, 2009
    I thought this was one of the best games ever. it had a thrilling campaign like the snipres and the neuclear bomb one. it has amazing graphics except the gun ship. i think cod 5 is better because of the gore. like you can pop some heads with a certain gun. another thing is the american missions like storming tat beach. overall it was the greatest game in its days and deserves a 10
  61. JoeB
    Jan 24, 2009
    This is easily the best FPs and, quite possibly, the best current generation game conceived to date. The campaign immerses at a level no other FPS ever has, while the online is truly a work of genius. Whilst the online is never revolutionary, in the same way Halo 1 was at least, everything within the game is executed almost perfectly. Although at times it can feel like your a floating gun This is easily the best FPs and, quite possibly, the best current generation game conceived to date. The campaign immerses at a level no other FPS ever has, while the online is truly a work of genius. Whilst the online is never revolutionary, in the same way Halo 1 was at least, everything within the game is executed almost perfectly. Although at times it can feel like your a floating gun or get frustrated at dying 5 times in a row in multiplayer; the fact is that for 99% of all the time you play CoD4, you won't be able to remember a game that impressed you and entertained you quite this much. The only FPS within the next two years i can see beating it is possibly Killzone 2. But even for that monster of a game, it'll be an almost impossible task. Expand
  62. DwayneW
    Oct 7, 2009
    Best FPS to date!!! then MW2 is gonna take it's place. The online is just so addictive with the helpful perks and weapons that you unlock. It gives you so much incentive to keep playin
  63. CodyB
    Apr 18, 2009
    One of THE MOST PERFECT multi-platform video games to ever grace a system!! The first ps3 game I ever beat, omg this game is the shit!!! From the epic opening 2 the heart-stopping climax is the GREATEST FPS EVER!! Damn I'm getting over-exited but this game is that good, not 2 mention the best storyline in a military game AND fps, the most realistic graphics I have EVER seen (next 2 One of THE MOST PERFECT multi-platform video games to ever grace a system!! The first ps3 game I ever beat, omg this game is the shit!!! From the epic opening 2 the heart-stopping climax is the GREATEST FPS EVER!! Damn I'm getting over-exited but this game is that good, not 2 mention the best storyline in a military game AND fps, the most realistic graphics I have EVER seen (next 2 GTA 4), and the beautiful levels. Sure this game could be longer but it's BEYOND satisfying nonetheless. And i there's ANYBODY who doesn't like (or love) game of the year 2007, make sure you play the WHOLE game and see why 94% of videogamers around the world enjoy this bonanza!!! Expand
  64. jonathonconcannon
    Jul 11, 2009
    an incredible game all out i dont have the psn to play the multiplayer to play online but still i hear it is the best multiplayer ever an unbelievable game anyone who thinks this sucks is an idiot if you do not have this game get it you will not be sorry
  65. J.R.
    Nov 13, 2007
    At the xbox fanboy FACT, The online doesn't lag for me, Controls are lighter and more comfortable, Lack of rumble isnt bad, u spoilt brat And achievements don't help you get a job or girlfriend. It is pretty much EXACTLY the same as the 360 version, immersing the player into a brilliant story and sometimes, bring out emotions. I swear i almost cried while crawling around on the At the xbox fanboy FACT, The online doesn't lag for me, Controls are lighter and more comfortable, Lack of rumble isnt bad, u spoilt brat And achievements don't help you get a job or girlfriend. It is pretty much EXACTLY the same as the 360 version, immersing the player into a brilliant story and sometimes, bring out emotions. I swear i almost cried while crawling around on the floor... looking at the smoke rising around a giant mushroom cloud. Amazing game, should be GotY. Expand
  66. BestReviews
    Nov 14, 2007
    I dont know if I have ever rated a game this high, not even GTA. Just when you thought it was going to be the same thing over and over again with just hiding and shooting enimies, your behind a machine gun in a helicopter taking out slews of enemies. The graphics alone are just incredible. This will hopefully set a new milestone for other developers to follow for FPS games. Mechanics are I dont know if I have ever rated a game this high, not even GTA. Just when you thought it was going to be the same thing over and over again with just hiding and shooting enimies, your behind a machine gun in a helicopter taking out slews of enemies. The graphics alone are just incredible. This will hopefully set a new milestone for other developers to follow for FPS games. Mechanics are on point. Expand
  67. EricC.
    Nov 15, 2007
    @ Fact 1.) Longer loading times, i dont think so 2.) Plenty of talking online 3.) The textures and lighting are said to be better on the PS3 version. 4.) Dual Shock 3(Rumble) 5.) Are you sure you've played this game on the ps3 yet?
  68. DanC.
    Dec 21, 2007
    Its a perfect war game and never gets dull unless youve played the presige mode more than 10 times.
  69. WilsonR.
    Oct 23, 2007
    It is the best shooting game ever! It is so much fun!
  70. ChrisR.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I am in love! It has such great gameplay! 60 fps with my HD TV! Oh, and it looks better than the one my friend has for 360. Glad they built each game from the ground up for each platform...PS3 rules them all
  71. DiegoF.
    Oct 23, 2007
    This game makes me feel like the PS3 was a great investment! The graphics are sick! Everyone with a PS3 GET THIS!
  72. JustinP.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I love this game yo! It exciting all the time..... and not boring. Thats the reason for a ten out ten. It looks very nice. Best looking console game yet. Halo looks stupid and lame compared to this. SINCE HALO 3 SUCKED! PS3 is awesome.
  73. ThomasD.
    Oct 23, 2007
    great game...thats all I have to say about that...haha
  74. PompusF.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Feels like the first time I'm ever playing a next gen game! It is better than all other game out now....including Halo.
  75. RandalT.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Better than 360 version! Get this now.... so much joy in one single game! Much more fun than Halo, and I think resistance too. It has better graphics than anything I've ever seen. Buy this for PS3!
  76. ErnyF.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I love it. Good gameplay!
    Oct 24, 2007
    It is perfect and the best in the series yet!
  78. MattM.
    Dec 6, 2007
    This game is absolutely incredible. Before this COD 3 was my favorite PS3 game, but now this has taken over. In the reviews that I've read everyone is focusing on the non-multiplayer aspect of the game, which is ridiculous. I have not devoted more than 3 hours to the single player mode of COD 3 and 4 combined. The real fun and the real action is online. COD 4 offers the best online This game is absolutely incredible. Before this COD 3 was my favorite PS3 game, but now this has taken over. In the reviews that I've read everyone is focusing on the non-multiplayer aspect of the game, which is ridiculous. I have not devoted more than 3 hours to the single player mode of COD 3 and 4 combined. The real fun and the real action is online. COD 4 offers the best online FPS experience for the PS3. Expand
  79. JerryM.
    Oct 29, 2007
    The graphics and gameplay is SICK! Must have!
  80. BobP.
    Oct 29, 2007
    Best game bar none! I never had a slow point and multiplayer was the best ever on a system!
  81. MichaelG.
    Oct 16, 2008
    There is something about this game that just makes you keep on playing for hours. When it comes to shooters, this is the best game out there. I first of all say it has the best graphics to date, and the guns are just so damn awesome. There isn't any 2 player co-op or 2 player split screen online, which is the only drawback to this spectacular game. The story mode, although short, is There is something about this game that just makes you keep on playing for hours. When it comes to shooters, this is the best game out there. I first of all say it has the best graphics to date, and the guns are just so damn awesome. There isn't any 2 player co-op or 2 player split screen online, which is the only drawback to this spectacular game. The story mode, although short, is extremely fun. The levels feel like you are watching a movie. I got shivers when I was playing the sniper level and the ship level. One other thing I didn't especially like was the fact that you couldn't choose your gun in the campaign mode. I got a little tired of using the M4 so I just swapped guns with a dead guy. The multiplayer is really where this game shines. The ranking system is so cool that it makes you want to play just to get your guy high in rank. The different modes are great as well. All in all, I would say any player would agree that this game was worth every penny. Collapse
  82. WarrenC.
    Jan 21, 2008
    It's the closest game to an action movie I've ever played! Simply epic!
  83. MasJ.
    Jan 24, 2008
    It lives up to the hype. I just hope they keep the multiplayer servers online for a long time and add some new maps.
  84. OliverW.
    Jan 28, 2008
    GOTY. Best shooter of all time, competetice multiplayer is fantastic, amazing graphics and sound, amd excellent AI. Campaign is a bit short but online makes up for it
  85. JoshuaM.
    Feb 21, 2008
    Short but very sweet single player campaign. Amazing multiplayer that you can play for hours on end. Production values that are through the roof. 4 words...... I love this game!
  86. JoelR.
    Apr 17, 2008
    Best first person shooting game I have ever played I don't usually ever play or give first person shooting games a chance but.... I did and now I'm hooked.
  87. BrentH.
    Aug 13, 2008
    CoD4 is a game with a lot of story. Your world will be rocked in 'Shock And Awe' and 'Aftermath' and you will be playing well into the night in online mode.
  88. ToddC
    May 24, 2009
    Amazing game! Though the other CoD series were great, this managed to go beyond than what I expected Activision to make. The single player had great graphics and awesome action! It had pretty intense shooting with a diverse amount of weapons and mods that created a new experience of fps gaming. Expect some good adrenaline rush from it! For the multiplayer, it has customizable weapons for Amazing game! Though the other CoD series were great, this managed to go beyond than what I expected Activision to make. The single player had great graphics and awesome action! It had pretty intense shooting with a diverse amount of weapons and mods that created a new experience of fps gaming. Expect some good adrenaline rush from it! For the multiplayer, it has customizable weapons for you to choose that can be acquired by leveling up based on experience points gained. There are many weapons to try under different categories (sniper, assault rifle, machine gun, etc.) with some attachments from red dot sight to grenade launcher to silencers. Not only that, weapons can have skins, varying from woodland color scheme to blue tiger stripes! Number of players per server varies, so you may choose for low or high amount of intensity. There are some modded servers, but not as big nor as many as CoD1 and CoD:UO. Each player can have 3 perks that may give some special abilities or items, such as C4 charges, claymores, extra health, longer breaths for steady sniper shots, and longer sprinting time. Overall, it is the best FPS game I've ever played that will last hours and hours of fun if you choose to play multiplayer! I'm not surprised why CoD4 has become to be the top most played FPS pc, xbox, and ps3 game with an impressive high score. Awesome game! Expand
  89. JohnM.
    Nov 19, 2007
    How anyone could give this game a score lower than 9 is beyond me. This game has the most realistic graphics ever. I think this game is a classic that is destined for greatness. The guy that gave it a 0 is nothing but a 360 fanboy and a PS3 hater. In my opinion (i own both consoles) this is the first multiplatform game that looks better on the PS3 than the 360. You cant lose with this title.
  90. anonymous
    Dec 14, 2007
    Best game I have ever played. The story may be short but incredibly fun. Online is the best. There's nothing better than annoying the hell out of someone halfway across the world after knifing them in the back. Don't listen fact's comment, he's just another 360 fanboy.
  91. JasonW.
    Dec 17, 2007
    easily one of the best fps ever. i play the game on a regular 19" tv, and is easily one of the most realistic games i have ever seen. buy this game!!!
  92. Sep 6, 2010
    This highly addictive FPS has a fantastic single player campaign and a incredibly addictive multi-player keeping you glued to your gaming chairs for as long as you like. This game is well know for its single player and how great it is, so no surprises for me to give this game the full, 10/10.
  93. Sep 26, 2010
    This game is awesome, its one of my favourites for this generation. I personally like its blend of realism, and arcade action. The campaign's mission structure is very varied and tense. It's short, yes, but i measure quality, not quantity. The online is very fun, and could keep you satisfied for a long time.
  94. Sep 20, 2010
    This is without a doubt the greatest FPS ever. Halo 3 can't touch it. In terms of fantastic gameplay, and balance it is all there. The campaign is the most engrossing 7 hours of a multiplayer campaign game ever. Call of Duty 4 also has some of the best gametypes like Domination, Search and Destroy, ]sabotage, Ground war, Cage match, hardcore headquarters. The list goes on and on. The onlyThis is without a doubt the greatest FPS ever. Halo 3 can't touch it. In terms of fantastic gameplay, and balance it is all there. The campaign is the most engrossing 7 hours of a multiplayer campaign game ever. Call of Duty 4 also has some of the best gametypes like Domination, Search and Destroy, ]sabotage, Ground war, Cage match, hardcore headquarters. The list goes on and on. The only reason you can give under a 9 is because you suck at the game. It punishes the players in terms of spawn trapping in dom, and sabotage, and constantly watching your teammates in Search and HQ. However, if you're a debby downer, you can find small faults, but the gameplay completely obliterates any complaints. The graphics are fantastic for 2007, and humming at 60 frames per second allows you to whip around and move very fluidly. The guns are all fun to use, and its pretty easy to part up and own in public matches, not to mention it is probably the best competitive game ever. The ridiculously addictive upgrade system plus ten prestiging means you probably will spend about 15 days to fully rank and prestige up, and of course you don't have to prestige. Especially now that its 20 dollars its honestly the best value for a video game probably ever. Also this game does a good job of allowing new players to get into the fold, while still allowing good layers to dominate. Expand
  95. Nov 10, 2010
    This is the best FPS ive played the SP is very good I liked the story alot just dissapointed about the ending, the graphics are awesome and the multiplayer is also extremely fun.
  96. Jan 21, 2011
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is quite a good game, it is a single player campaign but you can go online and join games with other people and play against them. The player goes through a lot of missions and there is quite a lot of killing involved in the game. You can unlock more levels but as you play your way through the game is gets harder and harder, also that you can unlock moreCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is quite a good game, it is a single player campaign but you can go online and join games with other people and play against them. The player goes through a lot of missions and there is quite a lot of killing involved in the game. You can unlock more levels but as you play your way through the game is gets harder and harder, also that you can unlock more weapons e.g. AK47, Rocket launcher, Sniper and many more. All the weapons have different types of use, for instant you can get the Rocket launcher in different types, heat seeker, target mover and a lot more. This game is quite addictive because the more you play the more you want to carry on, I think that this Modern Warfare 4 is better than all the other games, because one minuite your in a killing zone were your just about to loose your life and the next your in a battle field shooting somebody else. When you play on multiplayer you get a wide variety of weapons to choose from but if your playing on your own in campaign then you have to unlock the weapons one by one but its well worth the wait because then its fun killing your enemies. Overall I think that this game is good and most of the people that play this game will rate it ten out of ten. It will keep you busy for a long time! Expand
  97. Jun 3, 2011
    I'm laughing at the people who call this 'overrated'. Don't review a first person shooter game when you obviously don't how to rate anything. Call of Duty 4 is the best out of all the COD series, Black Ops, World at War, Modern Warfare 2 simply can't compare.
  98. Aug 26, 2011
    its much better than mw2. more stable matchmaking,gr8 storyline,which helps you to connect with the characters,very addictive multiplayer,gr8 graphics for a game released in '07 and mega longevity. i have spent over 65 hours in multiplayer.. definite buy..
  99. Nov 14, 2011
    Out of all of the Modern shooters, Call of Duty 4 still stands as the strongest and most innovative of the bunch. The gameplay is streamlined, approachable, yet takes skill and patience to master. The storyline at the time of its release was great. There's not much to complain about this game except for the glitchers who have taken over in the last year.
  100. Nov 10, 2011
    This game was amazing when I first bought it, got through the intense campaign and proceeded to the muliplayer. This game made me an online gamer. I was playing halo 3 at the time i bought this, and never looked back.

Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
    One of the best military shooters to date, with enough realism to make you feel like you're right on the battlefield. The visuals look amazingly life-like, unmatched by other PlayStation 3 efforts. The gameplay feels familiar, and at the same time refreshing and exciting.
    With proven mechanics, brilliant visuals and sound, a satisfying campaign, and robust multiplayer, COD4 is one of the best FPS packages of the year -- no small feat, considering the competition.