8.4

1. SidM.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Me and my friends play the online part all the time, this game is awesome. You can shoot through walls (realistically of course) and everything. I haven't really been able to find any flaws except the servers suck, it kicks you offline a lot but im not sure if thats not just because I have a German internet connection. Either way it is a must buy game, I'm actually in the Army Me and my friends play the online part all the time, this game is awesome. You can shoot through walls (realistically of course) and everything. I haven't really been able to find any flaws except the servers suck, it kicks you offline a lot but im not sure if thats not just because I have a German internet connection. Either way it is a must buy game, I'm actually in the Army and the weapons like the M16 A-4 and the AK are very realistic. I would recommend to everyone. Expand
  2. JonathanC.
    Nov 5, 2007
    OMG Perfect game! Campaign is very intense. Gameplay is tight and responsive. Graphics set a new high to me. Multiplayer is incredible! Lots of gameplay options, PERKS! Overall this is a perfect game! Great amount of detail and options.
  3. h0m0sapi3n
    Mar 10, 2008
    absolutely.bloody.brilliant. Finest outing in the Call of Duty series with a compelling campaign (a touch short, but I'm revisiting it again and again) and a visceral feel that sets a good benchmark for future games in the series - Infinity Ward need to be the custodians of the franchise.
  4. KevinC.
    Jul 6, 2009
    Call of duty modern warfare is the best online game on the ps3.it also has a fun story mode.unlocking weapons to make classes with is great and the maps are incredible fun!its the only online ps3 game i played that allows cage matches which are very stealthy and has such a variety of brilliant guns.nothing quite gives you a thrill like getting a ten kill streak online in call of duty Call of duty modern warfare is the best online game on the ps3.it also has a fun story mode.unlocking weapons to make classes with is great and the maps are incredible fun!its the only online ps3 game i played that allows cage matches which are very stealthy and has such a variety of brilliant guns.nothing quite gives you a thrill like getting a ten kill streak online in call of duty 4.call of duty 5 is good but the older call of duty 4 is still best!.....oh yeah by the way street fighters 4 got the same score as call of duty 4 which i think is ridiculous!THANKS FOR READING!!!!! Expand
  5. StephanRdgh
    Nov 10, 2007
    Great game. so realistic and fun. IT AMAZING!
  6. JanN.
    Nov 18, 2007
    I simply cant find anything negative about this game, except that the single player is a bit short, but the quality of the online and singleplayer is MASSIVE... One of the best games I have tried so far on the PS3, even beats my expectations! And that says alot... From stealthing with snipers, blasting away enemies with thermal vison from helicpoters, to boost your way throug some arab I simply cant find anything negative about this game, except that the single player is a bit short, but the quality of the online and singleplayer is MASSIVE... One of the best games I have tried so far on the PS3, even beats my expectations! And that says alot... From stealthing with snipers, blasting away enemies with thermal vison from helicpoters, to boost your way throug some arab shit ass tv station ;D ! lol, this isnt just great it is fun! Expand
  7. ChrisL.
    Nov 26, 2007
    Easily the best game on PS3. amazing story with constant twists and action. great online multiplayer and not a slowdown in sight. simply outstanding. if you don't own it buy it.
  8. RichardG.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Best game ever i played! It was fabulous!
  9. PaulG.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Terrific ps3 game! Nothing bad to say about it!
  10. PabloS.
    Oct 24, 2007
    I loved it more than any other game! So much action and war... amazing visuals!
  11. ramepage87gk
    Dec 5, 2007
    the most amazing game iv ever play i thought RFOM was great but this game is even better to the gameplay to the action to the shotting it overwelms any other game made and not to menchion the ghraphics are amazing this is an intant claasic to add to ps3 geatest hits it just does not get old this is a must have if you dont have it buy it its well worth your sevnty bucks.!!!!!!!!
  12. AndyR.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Awesome game for single player, and even sweeter with your buddies online. This game is a "must" for Fps fans!
  13. SpartanC.
    Feb 14, 2008
    This Game is awesome! The single player is brilliant to play through and the most realisitic and compelling shooter I've played in ages. The Multiplayer is 2nd to none.
  14. TomB.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Seriously the best game to date....until Killzone 2 and MGS4 that is!
  15. Andrew
    Feb 5, 2008
    Probably the best game I've played.... or maybe ever will play (hope not though).
  16. MatthewW.
    Feb 8, 2008
    The best game I've ever played! I heard people say that you die to quick on COD4 and not on Halo 3. Well, I hate to tell you Halo fans, but in real life war, you don't have this protective shield to soak up some of the shots. You really do die with just a few bullets. That's what makes COD4 so GREAT! It's very realistic. It takes more strategy to stay alive instead of The best game I've ever played! I heard people say that you die to quick on COD4 and not on Halo 3. Well, I hate to tell you Halo fans, but in real life war, you don't have this protective shield to soak up some of the shots. You really do die with just a few bullets. That's what makes COD4 so GREAT! It's very realistic. It takes more strategy to stay alive instead of a protective shield. Multiplayer is just outstanding, also I just wish they made mod tools and patches for the console versions instead of just the PC version. I also wish that you had bigger arena's with more player capacities. Other than that, this game has the best graphics of any other FPS EVER!!! It's just plain genius. Expand
  17. LukeR.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Love this game! Great Hollywood style single player with addictive multiplayer that keeps bringing you back night after night week after week month after month.
  18. JamesK.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Awesome online gaming cant stop playing if I ever get bored of that I could actually spend time playing the offline game.
  19. RyanK.
    Jul 7, 2008
    This is a very good game online and offline the offline mode was exciting and if you played it you cannot tell me different. Online mode is very fun it takes a little bit to figure out the maps but once u get into the game you become addicted...anyone who voted less than a 10 can just go and play heroin hero haha.
  20. BenD.
    Aug 20, 2008
    dis is by far the best game online, i luv it i currently hav completed the game, and i am online mode, it is the best game of the centuary
  21. cesco
    Oct 16, 2009
    COD 4 is one of the best games i have ever played. Anonymous is an idiot. I still play it whenever i get a chance to, and its still as addicting now as it was when i got it 2 years ago. i highly recommend getting this game - you wont be disappointed.. unless you're a n00b like Anonymous.
  22. JonH
    Apr 12, 2009
    This game is great and your an idiot if you like fps and choose not to buy it. It has a storyline that is fun both the first and second time and online play just makes it even better. None of the guns feel overpowered or unrealistic and there are many to choose from. You will love this game from start to finish.
  23. YurMum
    Jun 2, 2009
    This is, so far, one of the best game I have EVER played. This game has everything, humour, action, suspence, and sadness. (at the end) The multiplayer is so fun and I often find myself playing hours at a time. This game has everything I wanted and more. I HIGHLY recomend this game to anyone.
  24. JohnG.
    Nov 12, 2007
    I played both Ps3 and 360. Ps3 is much better. No kids swearing and making racists comments on the mics. Th eone good thing about ps3s cost is it keeps away the trash to an extent. Graphics and lighting are superior on Ps3. 360s controls are a lot looser and rumble affects your aim to such an extent that it makes multiplayer difficult.
  25. AlistairT.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I have both a 360 Elite and PS3 and yes, there are a few differences in texture and lighting quality....but it works both ways. It seems to depend on what level you're on as some look better on 360, some on PS3. As for online, both are taking an age to get a game connection, but I've suffered no dropout at all on the PS3 and there is no lag, and I have an archaic 512k I have both a 360 Elite and PS3 and yes, there are a few differences in texture and lighting quality....but it works both ways. It seems to depend on what level you're on as some look better on 360, some on PS3. As for online, both are taking an age to get a game connection, but I've suffered no dropout at all on the PS3 and there is no lag, and I have an archaic 512k connection! The 360 Live system is currently an absolute mess though. Microsoft's last update has made it unplayable right now. Expand
  26. GaryS.
    Nov 6, 2007
    Game of the Year 07!
  27. JoseF.
    Nov 9, 2007
    WOW! You have to go out and buy this game!! Intense action all the way with an incredible multiplayer and the best graphics I've seen in a console! If you have a PS3, this is the game to get!
  28. HughH.
    Nov 9, 2007
    Not too many games get a 10 from me, but to quite simply put it, COD4 is a masterpiece. The amount of detail and polish is just ridiculous. Shoot enemies in the legs while running and they topple over, shoot an enemy in the head when wearing a helmet, knocks it off before he goes falling, not tumbling or spinning but simply just fall over. When you get shot, you can almost feel it. When Not too many games get a 10 from me, but to quite simply put it, COD4 is a masterpiece. The amount of detail and polish is just ridiculous. Shoot enemies in the legs while running and they topple over, shoot an enemy in the head when wearing a helmet, knocks it off before he goes falling, not tumbling or spinning but simply just fall over. When you get shot, you can almost feel it. When you reload the 249SaW, you see the latch pop open like it does in real life. When you swing a knife, your whole body twists. I could go on and on about this game being in the military myself, but playing this game shows you exactly what being in the military in a time of war means....no other game has come close to that. Expand
  29. SimonG.
    Nov 9, 2007
    Well well well, what can i say that everyone hasnt said already.. this game is just an aboslute must if you have a ps3.. believe me if you dont buy this game you might as well sell your computer, because this is by far the best game and shooter available today.. from the maps to the gameplay and then to your perks you unlock are just awesome, to name a couple , last stand where you pull Well well well, what can i say that everyone hasnt said already.. this game is just an aboslute must if you have a ps3.. believe me if you dont buy this game you might as well sell your computer, because this is by far the best game and shooter available today.. from the maps to the gameplay and then to your perks you unlock are just awesome, to name a couple , last stand where you pull out your pistol as your dying and then to martydom where you drop a grenade when you die.. the amount of kills you get with these two alone are great so its worth buliding your points up for these alone, and also you have to rank up to open certain game modes which is a nice touch as well.. just do me a favor and stop reading this and go and buy this game NOW.. infinity ward i would just like to say from me and many others thank you so much for the greatest game ever.. 10/10 Expand
  30. ChaseC.
    Dec 20, 2007
    Great game, great graphics, amazing control of things like guns where you unlock them with levels, i love it, they did a good job making it.

Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
    One of the best military shooters to date, with enough realism to make you feel like you're right on the battlefield. The visuals look amazingly life-like, unmatched by other PlayStation 3 efforts. The gameplay feels familiar, and at the same time refreshing and exciting.
    With proven mechanics, brilliant visuals and sound, a satisfying campaign, and robust multiplayer, COD4 is one of the best FPS packages of the year -- no small feat, considering the competition.