8.4

1. Sep 6, 2010
    This highly addictive FPS has a fantastic single player campaign and a incredibly addictive multi-player keeping you glued to your gaming chairs for as long as you like. This game is well know for its single player and how great it is, so no surprises for me to give this game the full, 10/10.
  2. Sep 26, 2010
    This game is awesome, its one of my favourites for this generation. I personally like its blend of realism, and arcade action. The campaign's mission structure is very varied and tense. It's short, yes, but i measure quality, not quantity. The online is very fun, and could keep you satisfied for a long time.
  3. Sep 20, 2010
    This is without a doubt the greatest FPS ever. Halo 3 can't touch it. In terms of fantastic gameplay, and balance it is all there. The campaign is the most engrossing 7 hours of a multiplayer campaign game ever. Call of Duty 4 also has some of the best gametypes like Domination, Search and Destroy, ]sabotage, Ground war, Cage match, hardcore headquarters. The list goes on and on. The onlyThis is without a doubt the greatest FPS ever. Halo 3 can't touch it. In terms of fantastic gameplay, and balance it is all there. The campaign is the most engrossing 7 hours of a multiplayer campaign game ever. Call of Duty 4 also has some of the best gametypes like Domination, Search and Destroy, ]sabotage, Ground war, Cage match, hardcore headquarters. The list goes on and on. The only reason you can give under a 9 is because you suck at the game. It punishes the players in terms of spawn trapping in dom, and sabotage, and constantly watching your teammates in Search and HQ. However, if you're a debby downer, you can find small faults, but the gameplay completely obliterates any complaints. The graphics are fantastic for 2007, and humming at 60 frames per second allows you to whip around and move very fluidly. The guns are all fun to use, and its pretty easy to part up and own in public matches, not to mention it is probably the best competitive game ever. The ridiculously addictive upgrade system plus ten prestiging means you probably will spend about 15 days to fully rank and prestige up, and of course you don't have to prestige. Especially now that its 20 dollars its honestly the best value for a video game probably ever. Also this game does a good job of allowing new players to get into the fold, while still allowing good layers to dominate. Expand
  4. Nov 10, 2010
    This is the best FPS ive played the SP is very good I liked the story alot just dissapointed about the ending, the graphics are awesome and the multiplayer is also extremely fun.
  5. Jan 21, 2011
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is quite a good game, it is a single player campaign but you can go online and join games with other people and play against them. The player goes through a lot of missions and there is quite a lot of killing involved in the game. You can unlock more levels but as you play your way through the game is gets harder and harder, also that you can unlock moreCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is quite a good game, it is a single player campaign but you can go online and join games with other people and play against them. The player goes through a lot of missions and there is quite a lot of killing involved in the game. You can unlock more levels but as you play your way through the game is gets harder and harder, also that you can unlock more weapons e.g. AK47, Rocket launcher, Sniper and many more. All the weapons have different types of use, for instant you can get the Rocket launcher in different types, heat seeker, target mover and a lot more. This game is quite addictive because the more you play the more you want to carry on, I think that this Modern Warfare 4 is better than all the other games, because one minuite your in a killing zone were your just about to loose your life and the next your in a battle field shooting somebody else. When you play on multiplayer you get a wide variety of weapons to choose from but if your playing on your own in campaign then you have to unlock the weapons one by one but its well worth the wait because then its fun killing your enemies. Overall I think that this game is good and most of the people that play this game will rate it ten out of ten. It will keep you busy for a long time! Expand
  6. Jun 3, 2011
    I'm laughing at the people who call this 'overrated'. Don't review a first person shooter game when you obviously don't how to rate anything. Call of Duty 4 is the best out of all the COD series, Black Ops, World at War, Modern Warfare 2 simply can't compare.
  7. Aug 26, 2011
    its much better than mw2. more stable matchmaking,gr8 storyline,which helps you to connect with the characters,very addictive multiplayer,gr8 graphics for a game released in '07 and mega longevity. i have spent over 65 hours in multiplayer.. definite buy..
  8. Nov 14, 2011
    Out of all of the Modern shooters, Call of Duty 4 still stands as the strongest and most innovative of the bunch. The gameplay is streamlined, approachable, yet takes skill and patience to master. The storyline at the time of its release was great. There's not much to complain about this game except for the glitchers who have taken over in the last year.
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    This game was amazing when I first bought it, got through the intense campaign and proceeded to the muliplayer. This game made me an online gamer. I was playing halo 3 at the time i bought this, and never looked back.
  10. MW3
    Jan 18, 2012
    This is one of the best games ever
    !!!!! Dont even bother to read the bad reviews because they're probably some battlefield fans .i just got this game like 4 days ago and i love the campaign so far
  11. Mar 3, 2012
    Definitely the GREATEST game of all-time. This masterpiece by inifity ward completely revoutionized the online gaming experience while providing one of the best single player campaigns ever. Gameinformer said in their review that cod4 is "One of the absolute best games to grace any platform to date." Some of the best missions were included in this game including All Ghilled Up, theDefinitely the GREATEST game of all-time. This masterpiece by inifity ward completely revoutionized the online gaming experience while providing one of the best single player campaigns ever. Gameinformer said in their review that cod4 is "One of the absolute best games to grace any platform to date." Some of the best missions were included in this game including All Ghilled Up, the greatest sniping mission ever and the greatest mission ever. Playing as the legendly character Captain price under the command of Captian McMillan (actually based on a solider who fought during WWII) and your job is to assassinate somebody. Some other cool missions include 'Death from above' , 'Mile high Club' and 'Sins of our fathers'. That was just the campaign, now the online is what really attracted ALOT of people to the game. The revolutionary online experience included the never before seen kill streak and ranking up system. Along with attactments and camos to your guns and a create a class opionon, people were intstantly amazed at the experience. Expand
  12. Aug 9, 2012
    This is the game were you feel yourself like a soldier and it involves you with it. I bought it and end it just after 3 days because one can go out after end...... one after another and then next .... Very good game.
  13. Sep 17, 2012
    The story is the best in the series and that also goes for MP. This game defined what COD could do and for the next generation of gaming we need a remake for this game. I love this game so much I own it on both 360 and PS3.
  14. Oct 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think it's the best Call of Duty i have ever played on my whole life World At War was the same as Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare 2 was a fail game and Black Ops was not so fail.I think Call of Duty 4 is the best from every cod i have ever played in my life Expand
  15. Dec 28, 2012
    This was an amazing game. It's a shame things went downhill after MW2 when they started adding unnecessary crap that over-complicated the game and made it really rage-inducing. The simplicity of this game is really what makes it phenomenal. It is almost entirely free of bull$hit. The only thing about this game that pisses me off, other than the technical issues, is Martyrdom. But otherThis was an amazing game. It's a shame things went downhill after MW2 when they started adding unnecessary crap that over-complicated the game and made it really rage-inducing. The simplicity of this game is really what makes it phenomenal. It is almost entirely free of bull$hit. The only thing about this game that pisses me off, other than the technical issues, is Martyrdom. But other than that, it is close to flawless. The maps are great, the gameplay is nice and fast-paced, the weapon balance is as close to perfection as any CoD game has ever been, and it is just overall a joy to play. Second to World at War as my favourite Call of Duty game. Expand
  16. Feb 18, 2013
    I'm going to be straight to the point here. I thought I was going to hate this game because I used to see COD as an overrated overhyped series that was no good and boring. How wrong I was. I remember first playind COD4: MW. I had just come home from school and my dad had recieved a package from ebay and he showed me it was a copy of the game of the year edition and I wondered as I knew heI'm going to be straight to the point here. I thought I was going to hate this game because I used to see COD as an overrated overhyped series that was no good and boring. How wrong I was. I remember first playind COD4: MW. I had just come home from school and my dad had recieved a package from ebay and he showed me it was a copy of the game of the year edition and I wondered as I knew he already had a copy of this game and he said that it didnt work and said I could try it. Well, I'd just finished playing Assassin's Creed 1 and thought, what the Hell? So I stuck it in expecting it to not work, but it did, turns out there was a small loading error in my dad's ps3, but back to me. The opening cutscene came and I shouted OMG! Then I started to play the game. THe gameplay was perfect and accurate, the story was perfect, the graphics were godsent and the multiplayer was amazing. This is my second favourite game on the ps3 and probably in general. The only thing that lets it down is the story is too short and if it would of been longer by about 4 hours and the server wouldn't crash as often, I would of give it a 100. But I would give Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare a 96. Expand
  17. ERB
    Dec 23, 2013
    This is the BEST game on the PS3.Call Of Duty 4:Modern Warfare is a great game with It's awesome multiplayer and even the single player.This game's single player campaign is fun and enjoyable.The multiplayer is the best part in the game.You can play multiplayer activities like free for all and even team deathmatch.This game is both awesome in the single player campaign and multiplayerThis is the BEST game on the PS3.Call Of Duty 4:Modern Warfare is a great game with It's awesome multiplayer and even the single player.This game's single player campaign is fun and enjoyable.The multiplayer is the best part in the game.You can play multiplayer activities like free for all and even team deathmatch.This game is both awesome in the single player campaign and multiplayer gameplay.That is why you should buy this game.This game is awesome and it is highly recommended for you to play this game and try it out!It is fun. Expand
  18. May 31, 2013
    This was the first time Iv'e a CoD game that isn't still in the WWII era and it's a great one so far! The graphics are superb, single-player story is good, and the MP is just flawless! This is the best CoD game ever created in years!
  19. Jul 24, 2013
    LOVE LOVE LOVE that this is single player friendly. I never felt bored or like i was missing out on a vital part of the game by not playing the online story. I purchased a replica gun from the game that is an airsoft gun and i use it when i go airsofting! I got it here: http://www.airsplat.com/call-of-duty-4.htm
  20. Sep 16, 2013
    How on Earth do people give this mixed reviews? This is a fantastic game, the campaign and multiplayer are both outstanding. There's simply no other game that matches Cod4
  21. Jan 9, 2015
    This, is without a single doubt, the greatest FPS, CoD and PS3 game ever made.

Pros: The gameplay is stunning, the controls are extremely responsive and I never felt frustrated with them at any time. The Single Player campaign is, to put it bluntly, epic. The story was very interesting, the characters were memorable and there were some awesome sequences that I will remember forever.
    This, is without a single doubt, the greatest FPS, CoD and PS3 game ever made.

Pros:
    The Multiplayer, even now, is spectacular and is definitely the best half of the game. There are so many game modes to choose from and so many people to play with. This game will be 8 years old this year and it is still not old!

Cons (Very Minor):
    As the game came out in 2007, the graphics don't exactly look stunning today, the game does look dated on PS3. I am sure this is the same case with the 360 and PC versions.

Overall, this is the best game I have played on the PS3 and if you have or if you are going to get a PS3 or 360, definitely give this game a go!

10/10 (Because who cares about graphics? (Everyone))
  22. Mar 30, 2014
    The best game in the the entire "Call of Duty" franchise. It's all down hill from here. Perfect simple gameplay, solid graphics, incredible multiplayer.
  23. Oct 12, 2014
    I like this game so much and i rated this game 9.9/10.This game is amazing to play at home.i like the graphics,campaign,challenges,multiplayer and the weapons.

i played this game on 2009 and it was so much fun to play this game.
  24. Sep 23, 2014
    Arguably the game which defined a generation. A compelling single player campaign, including one of the best FPS missions created in 'All Ghillied Up', gears you up for one of the best online experiences ever had. Tremendous maps and more about gunplay than killstreak gimmicks demonstrated why this launched Call of Duty into a world phenomenon.
  25. Oct 28, 2010
    This game was brilliant and it was very addictive. The story was really enjoyable and well thought out and the multi player was unreal and it was probably the game i played the most during 2007-2008
  26. Oct 5, 2010
    I'm not new to shooter games, when i played COD4 on my PS3, the single player was simply amazing, very addictive, and very modern and believable. The graphics are simply amazing, realistic, and the game is very fast paced action.There was an issue with the online multiplayer side, i had to disable my UPNP on my router and open ports in order to get the game to connect online, which wasI'm not new to shooter games, when i played COD4 on my PS3, the single player was simply amazing, very addictive, and very modern and believable. The graphics are simply amazing, realistic, and the game is very fast paced action.There was an issue with the online multiplayer side, i had to disable my UPNP on my router and open ports in order to get the game to connect online, which was the only reason the game got a 9. The game is kinda hard for someone new to 3rd person shooters, as you can die the moment you spawn after death, and the air strikes can be quite hard to deal with too. But i won't give the game a bad score due to player error, the only thing missing was the option to search for specific people like you can do on steam. Expand
  27. Dec 26, 2010
    This game was the most memorable FPS I ever played. I previously did not like COD series due to the linear nature of the game. If you played one level you had played them all, an endless wave of bad guys and eventually you kill enough and press forward you will pass the level. With COD4 the game play became more varied, there were quite a few "moments" in the game that just blew youThis game was the most memorable FPS I ever played. I previously did not like COD series due to the linear nature of the game. If you played one level you had played them all, an endless wave of bad guys and eventually you kill enough and press forward you will pass the level. With COD4 the game play became more varied, there were quite a few "moments" in the game that just blew you away, like nothing I'd ever experienced before. Still some much of the same from the series but the modern era and a few wow moments and the game became something special. Multiplayer was a game changer. The perk and leveling system was the greatest to date and had so much replay value I never took it out of my console until the sequel came out. I really had that much fun playing it!! I'd rate the game 94 out of 100 only deducting for the single player still being a somewhat linear progression, but the multiplayer was the best fun I'd had in some time. Expand
  28. Apr 6, 2011
    The only real problem with Call of Duty 4 is that its singleplayer campaign is quite short. However, because of its powerful story, amazing presentation, smooth mechanics, and addicting multiplayer, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is one of the best shooters around, and is definitely worth playing.
  29. Mar 24, 2011
    This game is still extremely fun to play, even four years after its release. You can pick this up with Modern Warfare 2 in a combo pack for $44 which is a great deal for a lot of fun. I admit, most of the time I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut-off, and the story is somewhat confusing, but I'm having a lot of fun doing it.
  30. Apr 17, 2011
    This is the first FPS game that started my online shooter addiction. It's fantastic and still holds up over the years. Highly recommended for anyone that loves war games and first person shooter games.

Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
    One of the best military shooters to date, with enough realism to make you feel like you're right on the battlefield. The visuals look amazingly life-like, unmatched by other PlayStation 3 efforts. The gameplay feels familiar, and at the same time refreshing and exciting.
    With proven mechanics, brilliant visuals and sound, a satisfying campaign, and robust multiplayer, COD4 is one of the best FPS packages of the year -- no small feat, considering the competition.