5.0

1. Dec 26, 2012
    I bought this game after some work friends I was playing multiplayer with decided they´d jump into the next COD title. To put it clearly: This game is as bad as it gets. The single player campaign is awful, with an graphics engine as old as time itself, an even more stupid AI (I started the game in Hardened and could dance around the scenario before someone cared to shoot at me) andI bought this game after some work friends I was playing multiplayer with decided they´d jump into the next COD title. To put it clearly: This game is as bad as it gets. The single player campaign is awful, with an graphics engine as old as time itself, an even more stupid AI (I started the game in Hardened and could dance around the scenario before someone cared to shoot at me) and stupid objectives, that basically were WAY too easy to complete even in Hardened. I couldnt play it for longer than 15 minutes. The multiplayer part of the game is a little better, with a system that "kind of" works, but it is even more based on player reflexes than the previous COD titles. Not to mention the deaths coming from nowhere, thanks some issues still present on the game. The multiplayer part is a solid 5, and the single player a solid zero, hence my score of 3. Expand
  2. Mar 5, 2013
    Wow, I love MW2 and 3, never played MW1 or BO1, and this game is the suck. The maps never open up, they could have called this Corridor Shooter if the name wasn't already taken. Every map is 3 to 5 paths by 3 crosspaths with a round about in the middle. When it does open up they just pile up stuff to make it tighter and there are lots of dead zones on the maps you could go to and never seeWow, I love MW2 and 3, never played MW1 or BO1, and this game is the suck. The maps never open up, they could have called this Corridor Shooter if the name wasn't already taken. Every map is 3 to 5 paths by 3 crosspaths with a round about in the middle. When it does open up they just pile up stuff to make it tighter and there are lots of dead zones on the maps you could go to and never see another player. If you don't get what I'm trying to convey it is this, there is no flow or joy to be had with these maps, only shooting someone that walks in front of you. MW3 maps seem brilliant in comparison, not counting the DC. Even the least liked map Downturn, would seem like an upgrade to this game. You also get to play every half decent map in BO2 twice in a row since the alternatives are garbage in comparison, so you are nonstop playing standoff, the one with the fountain, the boat and carrier. The weapons and mods are crap, no long range high damage pistols like the magnum, instead you get a short range shotgun pistol!?! The flash and concussion grenades are useless, they feel like the original Call of Duty. No portable radar just some lame radar grenades that don't do squat and last 10 seconds. All the good skills are in the third skill slot, so you have to waste your perk on it to have the necessary skills to dominate. The target finder ruins your skills in other games. The killstreaks are impossible to use unless you are amazing, even to use something like a UAV. It is hard to have a purpose in the game such as Assault, Recon, Defense, Sniper etc... Everybody is just a run and gunner.

The Zombie game is incredibly stupid, this is a full game yet feels like a first person top down gun game you would download on your phone, minus the fun. The single player game is what all these games are 2 good moments surrounded by linear combat.

All in all a complete disappointment for a modern FPS.
  3. Jan 15, 2013
    Don't get me wrong it's playable, but this game just is not worth 89 dollars. The campaign still has the same problems as the last games, full of action movie cliches, boring set pieces and forgettable characters. The only real reason to buy this game would be if you had friends that play it online, even though the fanbase is full of mic spamming underage kidss. But that reason alone doesDon't get me wrong it's playable, but this game just is not worth 89 dollars. The campaign still has the same problems as the last games, full of action movie cliches, boring set pieces and forgettable characters. The only real reason to buy this game would be if you had friends that play it online, even though the fanbase is full of mic spamming underage kidss. But that reason alone does not make it worth 89 dollars, or 160 if you get the season pass. Do not buy this game if you do not have friends that play it or you do not have a good online connection. Expand
  4. Jan 28, 2013
    Being one of a dozen people who play the singleplayer, I was shocked at how much they mucked up the whole Black Ops storyline. The only time I actually enjoyed this game was playing one on one gun game with my friend(on splitscreen). Turn to multiplayer and you're just asking for a profanity laced speech from a 10 year-old anti-Semite.
  5. Feb 1, 2013
    Since COD4 I have been complaining about all the COD's I have bought. However, no matter how much I complained, these games were all still playable. This is the first COD that I can't enjoy. The only fun part for me was Tranzit. Yet, once you figure it out and have to kill yourself to end the game it is rather boring. I thought maybe setting a goal like getting to the final prestigeSince COD4 I have been complaining about all the COD's I have bought. However, no matter how much I complained, these games were all still playable. This is the first COD that I can't enjoy. The only fun part for me was Tranzit. Yet, once you figure it out and have to kill yourself to end the game it is rather boring. I thought maybe setting a goal like getting to the final prestige or getting diamond weapons would make it more fun. Unfortunately, a bunch of little kids hacked the game to get all these and Treyarch did nothing about it. So....waste of 60 bucks Expand
  6. Feb 5, 2013
    Black Ops 2 is a total disaster. The multiplayer is unbalanced and not addictive. The "zombies" is a mess, a complicated addition that used to be incredibly fun in the previous BO. And the single-player, while it has some worth additions, It's boring. And the graphics are outdated. Shortly, lets just say that It's the same game as the previous CODs. Unimpressed.
  7. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is a good mix between MW2 and Black Ops 1 as far as multiplayer is concerned. It has good guns, some great maps, and the pick 10 system is great. The only real downfalls of this game are the Zombies mode, which failed to deliver on its ambitious promises; its terrible Campaign, which is literally nothing to get excited about (it's only worth playing for trophies). Games likeThis game is a good mix between MW2 and Black Ops 1 as far as multiplayer is concerned. It has good guns, some great maps, and the pick 10 system is great. The only real downfalls of this game are the Zombies mode, which failed to deliver on its ambitious promises; its terrible Campaign, which is literally nothing to get excited about (it's only worth playing for trophies). Games like these are why the video game industry is becoming stagnant and this should be a cut off point for the series...for now. If a game has to rely on its multiplayer, it's obviously not good. We all need to think about that before we get suckered into buying another CoD game. Collapse
  8. Apr 8, 2013
    I am not saying this is a bad game because I enjoyed it, but due to unknown reasons, this game has become unplayable. It freezes every time I load it up, the disc is fine, I even took apart my PlayStation to clean the Blu-Ray Lens. Quite pissed off really, considering how ridiculously overpriced these games are, they've produced a game that has just stopped working. I know I'm not theI am not saying this is a bad game because I enjoyed it, but due to unknown reasons, this game has become unplayable. It freezes every time I load it up, the disc is fine, I even took apart my PlayStation to clean the Blu-Ray Lens. Quite pissed off really, considering how ridiculously overpriced these games are, they've produced a game that has just stopped working. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. Expand
  9. Apr 8, 2013
    It seems Activision is still trying to milk the COD franchise sending out another piece of poo in the form of Black Ops 2 which is again only slightly different from past games.

The single player is pure boredom. Spending hours on end shooting without anything to bring some flavour to this bland generic shoot is both repetitive and tedious, coupled with a narrative taken from a low budget action flick a half-arsed choice system and a main character who I would rather was mute makes a single player experience that should go in the bargain bin.

The most celebrated part of this game is however the multiplayer. I will say the multiplayer is solid and balanced, but very boring and buggy. You would think after COD's expansive history of games there would be more weapons than the measly roster.

Do not buy this game!!!!
  10. Jul 28, 2013
    It's the exact same as last year and as usual somehow took two years to market and another year to make work correctly.
    Now to be honest it's true, same thing since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, same engine, several powerful guns, several useless guns, and the rest are just there. The story as normal is pointless to play unless if you want to perfect the game, at least this year you can influece said story and have a slightly different ending. Side-quest mode (AKA Zombies) is the same thing from Black Ops 1, only this time you can build stuff and that the characters are new, yet this time forgetable. I can say though that I enjoyed Mob of the Dead, finally providing a challenge to survive. Finally the thing that makes all of the cal of duty fans go crazy, the broken and useless multiplayer. I'm actually pretty good at it (2.27 Kills to Death Ratio and a 1.21 Win to Loss Ratio) and I still do not enjoy myself when I play it, it's a torture to play even when you are good, somehow though this game keeps a massive fan boy following. I've played both the console and PC editions and none of them are any different, and that's to be expected since Activision is too busy eiter working on another series of pointless and bad cash ins, or the next Call of Duty. My personal opinion, if you want a Call of Duty game, buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: World at War, together thay are half the price of Black Ops 2 and are both exceedingly better than this years rehash. And a Fun Fact, the graphics are actually worse than World at War somehow, go figure.
  11. Aug 26, 2013
    I have played all the cods since cod4. Cod4:Great! Codwaw:Good Mw2:OK CodBO:good zombies Codmw3:Ugh Codbo2:really? this game is not worth a review Buy it when its in the 10$ bin. Just like most of them, Boring campain, ruined zombies,Multiplayer is full of people swearing and using all the easy stuff and abusing glicthes. and in genaral ItI have played all the cods since cod4. Cod4:Great! Codwaw:Good Mw2:OK CodBO:good zombies Codmw3:Ugh Codbo2:really? this game is not worth a review Buy it when its in the 10$ bin. Just like most of them, Boring campain, ruined zombies,Multiplayer is full of people swearing and using all the easy stuff and abusing glicthes. and in genaral It sould be called: Copy and paste Duty Bad ops 2. Also the graphics are so cartoonie Expand
  12. Sep 21, 2013
    Treyarch really could of done a better job with this game. After games like WaW and Black Ops (which were great) you would expect their sequels to be good as well.

MW3 was a complete disappointment, so I had hopes that BO2 would make the COD series better again. The game was so hyped up I actually thought it would be the best COD yet. After playing it, it's definitely the worst one yet. The singleplayer story is boring and forgettable. They tried to add in new components, like choosing your own path, but it just didn't work out. Multiplayer is recycled elements from the previous CoD games; a variety of guns to use and only one or two of them are worth using because they are overpowered. No good maps, online is laggy because there are no dedicated servers, and the game freezes a lot. Zombies was my most anticipated part of the game, and turned out to be a failure like the rest of the game. Maps aren't enjoyable, it's basically just Black Ops 1 DLC maps with a few extra parts.

This game is very much like MW3. Recycled elements, overpowered weapons, boring game modes. The only thing is that MW3's storyline was good. Black Ops 2 has nothing good about it.
  13. Jan 7, 2014
    This game sucks. You get the dumbest deaths, people that use lmgs have like 1000% health, and the lag is HORRIBLE. Dont get the game unless your amazing at COD. This game can be fun if your good at it but for me i stink and die all the die so i dont have fun.
  14. Jul 15, 2014
    Is 2014, and this game still sucks like sh**.

Campaign? Good, I think, but short. Multiplayer? Terrible, lag, unbalanced weapons and the worst community. Zombies? Wants to be like L4D (with crappy stuff) and... fails. Graphics? Please rip off your eyes. Gameplay? Still being the same. Fun? If you are fanboy, buy it and have sex with it... but if you are a FPS fan...
    Is 2014, and this game still sucks like sh**.

Campaign? Good, I think, but short.

Multiplayer? Terrible, lag, unbalanced weapons and the worst community.

Zombies? Wants to be like L4D (with crappy stuff) and... fails.

Graphics? Please rip off your eyes.

Gameplay? Still being the same.

Fun? If you are fanboy, buy it and have sex with it...

but if you are a FPS fan... no... just, no.
  15. Nov 23, 2014
    This **** is just a joke. **** maps, **** players, **** weapons. Is the same **** time and time again and you just want to stop playing more than keep playing.
  16. Dec 12, 2014
    Complete and utter rubbish. The main multiplayer mechanics are broken and don't work properly. The hit detection is poor resulting in shoot first die first, the camara angles are out of sync resulting in invisible player models and the spawns are terrible. Especially in Domination. Only reason I didn't give this game a 0/10 is cause of the zombies. Not as good as World at War and Black OpsComplete and utter rubbish. The main multiplayer mechanics are broken and don't work properly. The hit detection is poor resulting in shoot first die first, the camara angles are out of sync resulting in invisible player models and the spawns are terrible. Especially in Domination. Only reason I didn't give this game a 0/10 is cause of the zombies. Not as good as World at War and Black Ops 1 zombies but it's the best thing the game has to offer. Expand
  17. Mar 29, 2013

1. Jan 12, 2013
    One of the most complete, albeit shaky, packages the series has ever seen. [Issue#226, p.68]
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    While the campaign length is fairly standard of past iterations of the series, it's worth multiple playthroughs and the multiplayer offers endless hours of fun and enjoyment; whether it's slaying zombies or facing off against other players in a wide range of multiplayer modes with an endless number of loadout combinations.
  3. Dec 23, 2012
    Worth checking out for online and the sci-fi novelty value alone. [Jan 2013, p.95]