4.9

1. Oct 26, 2013
    i'm changing my score from 9 to 6. i used to like this game. but damn. i realise that this call of duty isn't that different from the last. it lacks innovation. let me say that again LACKS INNOVATION!
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    Can't believe I fell for it again... I really thought treyarch would put out a new game with up to date graphics but apparently they're not interested. I think this is a game I would have loved 5 years ago, but not today, not with other fps games that are 10x more graphically advanced.
  3. Nov 17, 2012
    I give this game a flat ZERO because it does NOT work on PS3, actually the constant hard freezings may permanently damage your console.
  4. Nov 17, 2012
    Really was the only CoD game I liked. Black Ops 2 deserves recognition for trying a change. Campaign is badass and multiplayer I actually liked. The zombies is awe, just when I lost hope in CoD Treyarch restored it. I should change my name shouldn't I? Great game. Deserves a 9/10. David Mason is the MAN!
  5. Nov 22, 2012
    The only reason I am giving Black Ops II a 3 out of 10 is because I really enjoyed Campaign Mode AKA The Story. Everything else though seems to be a mess. The online multiplayer seems broken the extent that someone could tell me that it wasn't finished being developed and I would believe them. If you play online multiplayer be warned, you will not see things play out the same way your enemies do. The lag compensation system in this game will cause a slight delay for players with a fast internet connection to supposedly make things more even, IT DOES NOT. This system will allow an enemy that rounds a corner right in front of you to kill you before you can even pull the trigger. There are also times when you will empty most of your clip into the enemy only to have them turn around and put you down with one or two bullets. I've had matches where I have put 4 buckshot rounds into the enemy's face at point blank range only to get killed by their shotgun in 1 shot. If your internet connection is good don't be surprised if on kill confirmed you go 10K-30D+ because of this atrocious lag compensator that rewards players for having horrible internet connections. Most if not all of the people giving good reviews of this game have DSL or lower quality of internet connection guaranteed. I have been playing Call of Duty since World at War came out in 2008 and did well (2.0+ Kill death Ratio) at them until Modern Warfare 3 and this new creature that they have released. With this game I currently have a 0.88 KDR which I must say is horrible to say the least. I have decided that I will no longer buy any Activision/Blizzard/Treyarch/InfinityWard games as I have lost confidence in their ability to create a fair and unbiased product. Next November hit them where it really hurts. Their pocketbooks. Expand
  6. Dec 8, 2012
    While this game has a admittedly good story for it' s single player campaign I'm very hesitant to call the multiplayer of this game anything short of terrible. I absolutely felt let down with this title after having played several previous titles in the series and while there is a slight fun factor the problems weigh it down severally! Some of the most common issues are things like Lag compensation,head glitching, and weapon imbalance issues that for some reason Activision refuses to fix. Had these issues been resolved or at the very least lessened the game may have been more enjoyable for me but sadly they were not. If Activision is going to insist on releasing the same sort of game every year they should at least address some of the major problems that plague the series which as of now they still refuse to do. I would recommend doing as i did and rent this game if your unsure of it's quality or if you insist on buying it get it used at a later date. While the single player has a good story and may justify a purchase for some for me this game is far from being worth the full price of $60 Expand
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    With a complex story that unites interwoven stories between seasons and interconnected by a villain, Black Ops 2 could reach the expectations of quality and fun of a good FPS. On the first mission in Angola and simple player has the vision of what to expect in the future during the game, including a few parts more emphasis on stealth and shooting, especially at the end. But there are different phases, such as the Cayman Islands, which are not too tied to insane actions, while others who do this have the same quality or even better. In matters of gameplay, Black Ops 2 is perfect, easy to assimilate the issues of weapons, scenery, camera and said control everything. What Black Ops 2 loses, although some have the opinion that win is at the end when the game has a level at which exacerbates both the story and the missions of survival for such. The way back to COD3 is the Black Ops Zombie, which is addictive game against zombies and will surely be fixed part and parcel of the next games in the franchise. In all, the game wins the primary, but suffers in extreme ease in missions and lack of innovation. Expand
  8. Dec 23, 2012
    This is by far, the best Call Of Duty game since World at War, Black ops 1 was great, MW3 sucked dick but this one is amazing!, great story line and amazing multiplayer and amazing zombies
  9. Dec 30, 2012
    Black Ops 2 has definitely improved a lot from previous versions in the past 2 or 3 years. The main thing that caught my attention was the outstanding Campaign mode, they really made the gameplay stand out by allowing the player to ride horses, control robots, even fly, and those are only a few of the cool gameplay features they added. My favourite part of the campaign is that they made it so your choices actually matter, there are multiple endings which will all depend on certain choices you make within the game. Black Ops 2 did a great job of adding realistic characters and making the player feel sympathetic or relatable to them. The storyline is well structured and allows you to play as various characters, some of which were NPCs.

The multiplayer took everything which was great from the previous instalments and put it into one game. I'm enjoying it so far, the only criticisms I have is that they didn't really mix up the game modes much, they added a few new ones but I'd have liked to have seen some more diversity in the way you play multiplayer. They did a great job of custom classes though.
  10. Feb 23, 2013
    Let tthe haters hate, cause probably they are all noobs. I love this game, its addictive BUT quickscoping isnt as fun anymore. And host migrations damn it.
  11. Apr 26, 2013
    Robots everywhere, and a sniper rifle with an x-ray scope that can shoot through walls. That really right there was enough to get me to enjoy this game. I feel the Black Ops spin off series has been the best thing to happen to COD in ahwile compared to the Modern Warfare series. All in all a great modern shooter.
  12. Dec 15, 2012
    Singleplayer was pretty good interesting ending choice but still good. The multiple endings leaved much to be desired but it still worked. While somehow I believe most players hated the mode where you change between individual units, I actually found it a refreshing change. The slight changes to multiplayer were good too. IMO there is no way this game could score less than a 6/10 but there are always going to be haters and as they say haters gonna hate. Voice acting and cinematics A+ as you would expect from this title. Expand
  13. Nov 18, 2012
    Campaign is solid. Zombies are as overrated as ever. But the multiplayer returns with an added zest. The graphics have been bumped up from Black ops 1 , which is lucky as they were a jerky mess before. The games fluidity now matches it's IW brother but has less game breaking killstreaks and weapons. The pick ten points system is a stroke of genius and the maps are much more ergonomic than Infinity wards ugly high walled prisons. I was an Infinity Ward fan right up until the release of mw3. I loved ( and still do ) COD 4 and MW2 , but the control has well and truly passed to Treyarch. Infinity Ward the ball is in your court. Try and match this! Expand
  14. Nov 18, 2012
    It irks me to see all the dumb asses giving this game a zero. And then you look at all of the reviews they have given, and they are always a zero. Why bother? What are you achieving? you just look like a ****
    Anyway.... being someone who has actually played the game (unlike the aforementioned toss bags), I have to say I find it highly entertaining. I knew what I was buying into because...
    shock horror, I read about the game before buying it. And.... shock horror again... I enjoy the COD style games. If you have brought a COD game in the past and disliked it, why would you buy another one? Are you just stupid?

It's not the most ground breaking game out there, but if you like the COD style of game play then this is your type of game. Hours of fun to be had in the multi player, the the pick 10 system is great to play around with.

Can't wait to unlock more of the equipment to play around with.

Get over it whiners and haters.
  15. Nov 20, 2012
    Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. God Bless America. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Video game propaganda. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. DiShoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.e. Respawn. Zombies. Americans are all consuming zombies. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Terrible. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Expand
  16. Nov 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off the mark, this is still very much a Call Of Duty game through and through. With each year that passes each release of this annual franchise exceeds the overwhelming (and frightening) gross of its predecessor, does this mean it is we, the users who are to blame for the repetitiveness? No, not quite. This is a beautiful cash cow for the suits over at Activision, a safe haven for a guaranteed payday once November rolls around. But I think this time, like the first Black Ops instalment, Treyarch are attempting to maybe not rock, but gently cradle the boat in changing this franchise.
    I had an overwhelmingly positive reaction to the first Black Ops instalment, but the complete opposite to Infinity Ward/Sledgehammers year old Modern Warfare 3. Black Ops changed the narrative of the other entries into this franchise, not so much hell bent on killing everything in sight but actually creating a story, and a captivating one at that, one which has continued into Black Ops II. Decision making has made a welcome debut (correct me if needed) to this franchise.
    The campaign, albeit a medicare 8 hours, was thoroughly captivating from the beginning. We are re-introduced to the originals of Mason, Woods and Hudson and their search and capture of the the terrorist threat known as Menendez. this mostly happens through a very old Woods re-telling the story to David Mason, Alex Masons son, in the futuristic 2025. Without delving too far into the backbone of the story, there is a sense of despair on both sides of this campaign, Menendez is a truly troubled individual with a tragic past, an antagonist that can be very relatable unlike previous entries, this game, in my opinion doesnt rely on their groundbreaking cinematics for cheap thrills (the little girl in London, really?) but to show the emotion in these characters who we have now known for two instalments. The decisions to be made in this game truly are difficult as we, the players know that this will indeed have a tremendous impact on the remainder of our play through.
    These are by no means massive overhauls to this ageing franchise but they are indeed steps in the correct direction. The multiplayer has introduced several different elements to coax new players in, gone are the killstreak days which have been replaced with "scorestreaks". The maps are significantly better than those of MW3, they're not as crowded, and respawn, for now, has improved.
    With a game like this, i do find it hard to have a genuine hatred. These are yearly releases which now have an overwhelming emphasis on multiplayer. I make it a point to complete the campaign/story before even considering going near multiplayer, that cash I paid needs to go somewhere. Call of Duty: Black Ops II is my no means a diamond in the rough, a hidden gem blah blah blah, but to hate on a game which is trying to change (Treyarch at least) but still maintain the money spinner that is Call Of Duty, there needs to be a compromise. Are these gamers really going out and buying this with the notion thats its going to change all the rules? If so then i suggest you wait on a game that is three plus years in the making. Whatever the next title will be in 2013, one thing is for sure, it will make more than Black Ops II simply because it is new, and thats why we the gamers win the battle, by subtle changes to the game, but Activision win the war, because they are still going to make millions, no matter what entry they churn out or how many. This is why i gave this game an 8. Treyarch did things differently with the first Black Ops and they have continued to do so with this, its not a game-changer but it is an attempt to listen to the players and to compete with other developers in the same franchise, without a doubt one of the better Call Of Duty titles in a long time.
  17. Nov 21, 2012
    I was pleasantly surprised, most of all with the story. Written by David Goyer, one of the screenwriters of The Dark Knight Rises, it makes a nice change for the laughable cliche-ridden plots of the Modern Warfare games that feels ripped from a Michael Bay movie. With Black Ops II's campaign, the story takes us into the future where the US is heavily reliant on robotic technology to defend themselves. The villain inevitably takes control of the technology and turns it against them, and while this might not seem like a completely original story, the characters and exciting plot moments make up for it. Raul Menendez is a very cool, memorable villain and the soldiers have more personality. There are choices that change the course of the story which are pretty cool, making you more than just a triggerman saving the world. There are challenges now that add longevity to the short campaign. Multiplayer is almost identical to the other Call of Duty games, so don't expect to be enthralled by it if your not already a fan. Tranzit is basically an updated Zombies mode with more objectives than just surviving waves of zombies, making it more fun to play. All in all Call of Duty: Black Ops II is refreshing. Treyarch are trying new things here with what was becoming a very monotonous franchise and making it fun to play again. Despite this, the length of the campaign leaves more to be desired and the multiplayer is largely the same so Black Ops probably won't convert new fans, but it will change the way Call Of Duty games are made and has restored hope for this annualised franchise that was quite frankly outstaying its welcome in my book. Expand
  18. Jan 4, 2013
    There are a lot of things to like about this game, but the negatives outweigh the positives. Let's start with the positives: the score-streak setup they implement in this game is awesome. In addition to getting kills, you are rewarded for playing the objective and being a team player. I am also glad to see that the support strike package from MW3 and death-streaks are NOT in this game, so no more free stealth bombers and EMPs, and no more last/final stand, second chance, or dead man's hand. The way they have divided up the perks is superb as well, with no single perk being overpowered. Similar to the perks in this game, you will find that the guns are well-balanced also.

Unfortunately, even with these great features, the online multiplayer experience can be horrible at times. The lag compensation and hit detection in this game are worse than any of the three previous Call of Duty games (MW2, Black Ops 1, and MW3). It can be extremely frustrating to lose a gunfight to someone when, on your screen, you clearly should have come out on top. They have also taken away the ability to tie score-streaks to your custom classes, so if you find yourself struggling to win a gunfight due to lag or any other reason, you are stuck with the 3 score-streaks you chose and cannot switch to lower ones during a match. In addition to having horrible lag compensation and hit detection, the developers have implemented skill-based matchmaking, so even though the game has connection issues, players are not always placed in lobbies with the best ping. Often, players will be placed in games with worse connections in order to go up against players of similar skill level.

TL;DR: the connection issues in this game have absolutely ruined it. Though they have implemented some nice new features, the online multiplayer experience can be utterly frustrating.
  19. Jan 4, 2013
    I guess it's cool to hate Black Ops II. Because even though a zillion people bought it and LOVE it, there are still a ton of people who like to troll review sites and forums to talk about how awful it is. All of the troll posts look copy-and-paste jobs from the same silly handbook. "The lag is so bad!" "Too many campers!" "Terrible spawns!" Blah, blah, blah. My guess is that most of the complainers are n00bs who tried to play and went 3-20 then gave up. The rest are professional trolls who don't actually own the game but just love to troll. Whatever. Very good game, glad I bought it. Disregard these knuckleheads. Expand
  20. Nov 24, 2012
    Black ops 2 looks Amazing being set in the Future. Single Player Campaign is Great, Strike Force Missions is Good, The Zombies mode is good as well. The main problem for this game is the Choices made throughout the Single Player Campaign, which will show some endings.
  21. Jan 16, 2013
    i love it i am not big call of duty fan i prefer skyrim zombies game etc But i won this game i said try it out this was best game ever i like Multiplayer & zombie maps

i love it if call of duty would turn around do whole call duty zombie i mean not just zombie maps i mean i mean like left 4 dead but better
  22. Dec 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I understand all the bad reviews for this game. The multiplayer mode is what people buy this game for, or the Zombies mode. But I think most people don't really understand this game, and therefore think of it as a bad game. The new class setup for Black Ops 2 is a massive improvement from earlier games. Instead of just being leveling up for the sake of leveling up, it actually feels like it does have a point, and the point is obvious. When you level up, you both unlock more weapons and you get tokens you can use to be able to use these weapons. because there are only 55 levels, and you earn one token per level, you will not unlock everything in the game, which is a great thing. The main complaint that many people have with this game is the difficulty. The hit box for this game might seem a bit small compared to other games, but there is a reason for it. Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 is the most complex and advanced tactical game out there right now. Because of the way that the class setup is made, the room for improvement is big, and you have endless of possibilities when it comes to customization. Every player has a role in Black Ops 2, and you'd be a fool not to realize yours. With a wide range of Score Streaks that are stackable with each other, tactics is very important here. Example: If your team is mainly consisting of people reaching for the objective, you can make their life easier by taking out enemies from a distance using Sniper Rifles, if you are one of the charging people, you can use smoke bombs and thermal sight to see through the smoke to capture flags more easily. You can also make good use of the perk system and wildcards to make the perfect assassin. Because of the point system and the wildcards, you can choose to discard all your weapons, put your points into wildcards and receive twice as many perks. With several perks for advanced movement, and a knife you become a deadly opponent. What I am trying to say is that, the multiplayer in itself is worth the $100 it costs for this game in Norway, and that the Single-player and the Zombies mode makes it even more so. The Zombies mode is good as usual, but not as good as Black Ops'. The Zombie maps are interestingly designed, but feels empty and sometimes quite boring. The single-player is good. It's not as boring as Black Ops, but not as good as Modern Warfare 2. Don't expect a good story, but the weapons are cool. The theme for Black Ops 2 is the future, and that is very apparent in the weapons. Some are very futuristic both in looks and in how they work (like the Kap-40) while others look like normal ones. The game is not quite like Halo in terms of the futuristic looks, but it is noticeable in both the maps and weapons. Overall this is a must buy game for all fans of shooters and Sci-fi, as it provides many many hours of fun. Expand
  23. Jan 27, 2013
    I don't see why people hate this game so much. It's certainly not a bad game, but it's certainly not a great game. The story and the general themes seem quite racist, with every non-white character (apart from Tony Todd) betraying the pure, hard working white characters seems racist, as the idea of killing white people will make Treyarch run for their safety blanket. But the story seems like it has some deeper meanings, as it has room for exploring the theme of unmanned military and how it greatly effects war, but most of the time it just wants you to lose yourself in shooty action xenophoby-fun. The bog-standard shooting remains intact and the level design has been changed up from 'run down this corridor, kill the under-privileged' to 'go down these optional, slightly non-linear paths and kill the under-privileged whilst also being able to optionally man turrets and drones'. The choices have been fleshed out pretty well too, even though they are made fully explicit. I like how you can choose to shoot Tony Todd in the head or shoot him in the leg, but if you wait long enough the black guy will just knock him out for you. That's pretty neat. I like how the choices effect your future game, and it a great new take on a series established as being a linear conveyor-belt of linear linearity. The strike force missions are definitely the best part about the game and are heavily replayable, I just wish there were more of them. But I cannot praise competence as if it's excellence, as there have been more meaningful shooters that have come out this year that are generally more risky. Black Ops 2 is by all means safe, it doesn't try to challenge the player mentally, but is above average which is surprising because all other COD campaigns have been bog-standard at best. Overall, it's a refreshing game, and if you're a fan of multi-player shooters or zombie games, this is a must play. It's pretty much 3 passable games in one, and for $60, what more could you ask for? Expand
  24. Nov 30, 2012
    This was a classic case of "damned if you do damned if you don't" for treyarch. the cod series has needed a change for a while now, but if you change it too much you anger your core fan base and lose money. Black Ops II does a good but not great job at finding the middle between these two. Though it is nice to be able to create your own class in the campaign often times if you are playing on a harder difficulty it adds an annoying additional challenge if you dont use the gun or sight that the game recommends. it is also very cool that there are a couple decisions that you make that can mildly change the outcome of the ending. other than these it's just your typical run n gun cod campaign. the multiplayer is the most dissapointing thing about this game in my opinion, mostly because activison/treyarch obviously ignored the backlash they got from lag compensation in MW3 as it had made a return and its very frustrating. as far as gameplay i feel they made the game far to friendly to people who use SMG's/ shotguns (even though it benefits my play style) because of how the maps are designed. there seems to be many ways to get into every window/building and this hurts objective based game players because there is NO way to really controll the map/spawns. that's not to say there aren't good things about multiplayer. the new points system for create a class allows for players to play much better to their playstyle. but mainly the spawns and lag need to be fixed before i can say the multiplayer is good. now the two reasons this game gets a 7/10 from me is 1. because im trying to balance the score more from the butthurt battlefield fanboys that come on here and give the game a 0/10 without even playing it, and the morons who give the game a 0/10 because "it's the same thing every year!" even though you have the option to look at gameplay before you buy the game (shocking right?), or you could use your brain and realize that the game is a SERIES and its not going to have a groundbreaking change when each one has to be developed in less than 2 years time.

And 2. the zombies mode is absoloutly amazing. if you are a fan of zombies this game is worth the $60. if you aren't a fan of zombies and are buying the game only for the multiplayer my opinion is to stay away. at least untill the lag/spawns get fixed (but don't hold your breath on that).
  25. Dec 22, 2012
    I've only played a little bit of this game, but it's fantastic. Multiplayer is fun, as is zombies. I'm not into games like this for the campaign, so if there's any criticisms there, I can't really comment, but both zombies and multiplayer make this game worth it.
  26. Nov 24, 2012
    Looks like I'm going to have to jump in here and help out this score as much as I can. Before I start, let me say that I've only played the game a little with my friend, so I couldn't get that much of a feel for it. But I am going to base it off of what I've seen so far, which is the full campaign and several hours of multiplayer. First of all, let's stop comparing this to MW3. The two are not truly comparable. Second, let's look at what makes a game good: Depth, replayability, completeness... The story line was excellent, as it gives you a chance to make your own choices, which is new to a CoD campaign. It avoids the complexity of an RPG, which is what the cod series has done on purpose to focus more on multiplayer. The zombies is more complicated than ever, which adds a challenge, but I think another kino map is needed with less complexity just to balance it out (for those who liked to run in circles until round 100). Next, replayability: the game has infinite replayability on multiplayer: even if the playerbase ends in 10 or so years, a person can still play against AI in combat mode. Ok. Let's look at the multiplayer. Gamers need to keep an open mind: I like to explain the gameplay like a cross between BO1 and Homefront. The lower but still good scorestreaks are decently easy to get, so everyone can feel good when they play, and the better players can go for the higher scorestreaks while forced to play the objective to do so, since more points are given for doing that than just being a mercenary. The pick 10 create-a-class is an ingenius addition alone -- one of the best they could have made. The maps are decently balanced as far as I've seen. Completeness: Obviously, the developers could have spent more time on it, but the fans demand so much in so little time, that I think that they delivered what they could in relatively excellent quality.

If you look at this like a standalone game without prequels, then it's pretty darn good. Let's keep in mind that call of duty is a revolutionary concept, and this game truly added to the original while keeping a lot of it's aspects. Let's not be so harsh - go hate on other games that have real problems and not just (pardon the term) 'nooby' players.
  27. Feb 8, 2013
    Bo2 is pretty good but isn't as good as BO1 I find that some weapons are off balenced but its all good. Its a really fun game you should buy it
  28. Nov 14, 2012
    Firstly, the cartoon graphics lend the game to more a video game than authenticity which isn't a bad thing as it is just a game. In my opinion doesnt have the sophistication of Medal of honor or the true leader of FPS action Battlefield BUT it is addictive and fun just not as classy as its predecessor Bops1. Its ok as COD version ??? but as a leader not anymore.
  29. Nov 17, 2012
    Only problem is that the graphics are bad in the PS3 version, no anti-aliasing, little blurry. But the game is cool, best COD. I like the new weapons and the new style.
  30. Nov 16, 2012
    Multiplayer is amusing at best. It has brought some new perk selection that offers at least the flexibility to do what you like (to an extent).

Not played zombies or singlplayer. The engine feels very very dated. MW3 is ok but this is just Meh...

Avoid
  31. Nov 16, 2012
    ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!! Expand
  32. Nov 19, 2012
    First of all, all the people who gave it a 5 or less sucks at COD games.COD BO II is a thrill seeker.The Campaign It self is down right great. The Multiplayer is by far the best out the Modern Warfare series And The Modern Warfare series Couldn't Out do The First BO. The Zombies, Treyarch And Activision out did themselves, Transit and Grief is mostly all i play.
  33. Nov 20, 2012
    Ok first, people need to calm down with the 0 score reviews. Now, I was ready to give this COD a low score b/c I was sick of getting the same game every year, BUT Treyarch said they made big changes so I decided to give it a chance. I have to say, they were not lying. I haven't enjoyed COD this much since Modern Warfare 1. I guess the campaign is as good (or bad) as past COD's, but I like that there are 4 different endings based on your decisions throughout the game. Nice little change. The multiplayer is amazing. The Pick 10 system works very well and the weapons and futuristic equipment are fun to use. The new score streak system sort of works. To me, it's a smart move. But I don't think we're ever going to get rid of campers and people that just care about their K/D ratio. Last but not least: Zombies. Zombie mode is still a great as before. Really cool maps and they added some nice features, including the competitive 4v4 and there is more of an objective now. Black Ops II is not a perfect game, but it sure as hell isn't just a Black Ops 1 expansion like MW3 was to MW2. Expand
  34. Mar 30, 2013
    In my opinion this is a great game. It is a huge improvement on Modern Warfare 3 and a great addition to the COD series.
    Campaign: Campaign this time around was actually pretty good. It had a decent story which I understood for the most part and a great variety of past and futuristic level design. I was disappointed with the strikeforce missions, which are incredibly difficult on Veteran,
    and quite easy on Normal and Hardened. Alongside occasionally frustrating challenges, a good few choices options throughout the campaign, and cool futuristic abilities, like the arm grenade and invisibility cloak.
    Multiplayer: They brought COD back. The multiplayer is a great asset to the game, and really stands out among the series. Even if it isn't as good as any COD before (and including) the original Black Ops. The pick 10 system is very smart and can be used in many different variations, making for a very enjoyable multiplayer.
    Zombies: Back again with a good dose of zombies. Same as usual, even though I was never really a fan of it, zombies is god fun with friends. Still not as good as the zombies on the original Black Ops though.
    Standard COD graphics, mixed with a good helping of new makes this memorable addition to the COD series. Well done Activision.
  35. Dec 1, 2012
    This game is amazing. Full Stop. Not meaning to sound like a fan boy but its the best Call Of Duty yet. the people who are giving it bad reviews are those people who think its cool to dislike COD games. The zombies is as good or even better than Blops 1, and I've actually got into the multiplayer, something i haven't since MW2. Finally, the campaign ties all the loose ends of Black ops, and introduces the best villain in any game bar GLaDos from portal 2. All those people who hate COD games are just trying to be mainstream and they don't give the game a chance. Expand
  36. Dec 18, 2012
    this game is very good and adictictive, people say the single player campaign is to short? well raise the difficulty. people say the multiplayer dosent reward players for their points? you don't get killstreaks anymore you get scorestreaks, completely different thing. People say everyone goes round noob tubing, well noobtubes take more than one grenade to kill now so these people obviuosly havent played black ops 2, i have not seen a player using a grenade launcher and im prestiege 2 lvl 43. the people that have rated this game are not critics, these people are complaining about graphics and how the game is the same. Most people on this don't like cod and never have, they all play different games which are rated worse than this game and complain about this game when there are loads of problems with their games. they say cods full of 12 year olds. its the same with most video games, children play video games hardly any adults play. im 17 and ive been playing video games ever since i got a gameboy over 10 years ago. adults that play video games are considered geeky, cod is the same every year but thats what cod fans want. just for the sake of it im going to tell people all the problems with the big video games titles. BATTLEFIELD 3: when you push the analogue to turn the game takes and second to turn e.g push the analogue to a side and your player wont turn immanently.halo 4 campaign to slow the enemies can have llifespans, and there is no scoring on campaign like the old ones, all they changed in halo 4 is the graphics (which are okay) and the enemies which look like th enemies from tron, halo has the same problems as cod and is just like the prev halo's. Expand
  37. Jan 4, 2013
    The campaign of this game its average.The gameplay was easy even in the highest difficulty possible but the story is well written and scriped it can be a little boring in some levels but overall i give the campaign a 5.5/10. The Multiplayer is the best part of this game.Its fun there are loads of weapons lots of party games etc...I give the multiplayer 8/10.The zombies in my opinion is the most disapointing thing in this game.It gets boring fast if you are in single-player and the atmosphere is much worse than in BO1,if you play zombies in multiplayer it is fun.I give the zombies a 4.5/10.The Graphics,music and sound effects in this game are pretty good not to blow you away but they are good.My rating for the graphics and sounds a 5/10.If you want to play a good campaign you should buy this game if you find it cheap (25$ or less) if you want a good and fun mutiplayer you definetely buy this game and if you enjoy zombies only if you find this game very cheap (10$ or less). Expand
  38. Jan 11, 2013
    I loved call of duty black ops II. well, in general i like the call of duty franchise. But i will admit the multiplayer was disappointing. very good campaign. i give it a 10
  39. Jan 15, 2013
    I was incredibly surprised by Black Ops 2. I went into the campaign expecting a retread of the first game, or maybe a mindless popcorn movie style affair like the Modern Warfare games, but what I got was a game that hearkened back to an earlier era of FPS goodness. Every level felt unique, with some interesting locales on show; there are multiple paths you can take to reach your goal, and you have a veritable plethora of weapons to choose from at the beginning of each mission, some real, some fictional. Something else that stood out for me was the music; it actually felt like -shock horror- video game music! A far cry from the soulless, generic orchestras of Modern Warfare. There is one segment in particular - I won't spoil anything - that feels more like Doom than Call of Duty, and it's one of the best levels in the entire series.

The story is above and beyond the normal Call of Duty fare. It explores the themes of over-reliance on technology, how blindly following orders can lead to tragedy, and the foolishness of disproportionate revenge. The main antagonist, Raul Menendez, is a genuinely sympathetic character, though it's clear he's gone off the deep end somewhere down the line. As a matter of fact, the entire cast is pretty colourful apart from one character; the main character, David Mason, is a bit of a milquetoast. It doesn't really feel like he has a personality beyond "Dad died, I'm sad now ;___;". During the course of the campaign the game offers you several choices, some of which aren't immediately apparent. This is an interesting experiment in FPS game design, and honestly it does this better than any "choice-based RPG" released in the past decade.

I'm not going to talk about multiplayer and zombies much, because I think at it's core Black Ops 2 was intended as a single player game, but here goes. Multiplayer is fun, but it gets boring fast. The new Pick Ten system is a great addition, and League Play ups the ante as far as skill level goes, the new scorestreak system is a vast improvement, but apart from that you'll get what you'd expect from Call of Duty. Shootin' dudes. Zombies I feel lacks a sense of focus; Tranzit just isn't as fun as the previous maps, though Grief Mode is interesting. The new characters aren't as funny as the old cast, but maybe they'll develop them further somewhere down the line.

To finish, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is an excellent game, if we're talking about the campaign. In all other ways it's quite mediocre. You'll get what you'd expect if you're a multiplayer guy, but don't expect anything revolutionary.
  40. Jan 22, 2013
    So,I definitely like this game.The campaign is awesome,multiplayer is really balanced,there's no SUPREME WEAPON(S).I'm not a rally big fan of zombies,but I think that's good too.I give this game a 9 because of the moments when i join games in multiplayer where a team is dominating and the other team is just...3-20...
  41. Jan 22, 2013
    Honestly I thought the idea of making Call of Duty in the future would be stupid, but I still gave it a chance. It was an amazing experience, the campaign was more than great, zombies new take was brilliant, and like always the multi-player section was phenomenal. Making your own ending to the main story line is big in video games now a days and that's what made Black Ops' campaign so fun. Tranzit the new zombie mode gets more exciting each time, with new weapons and multiple upgrades on guns it truly us revolutionary to zombies. Finally the multi-player is still amazing with new kill streaks and weapons it almost tops MW2's multi-player. All out it was just and amazing game and I can't wait for the first map pack to come out. I bought the season pass, it was worth it. Expand
  42. Jan 25, 2013
    I don't see why this game is getting low user reviews. The new COD is better than it's predecessor, Modern Warfare 3. It has a good storyline, even greater multiplayer and on par with it is Zombies. The low reviews are just haters. This game is an overall great game. Definitely buy it if your into multiplayer.
  43. Feb 19, 2013
    Lag Compensation kills Multiplayer. If you havent heard of it its the framerate/timeframe when your shooting enemies it gives them a chance to kill you even if you have already been shooting them.
  44. Jan 27, 2013
    Yup. 8/10 on this one. I would like to start this review by saying to all of you who rated this game horribly: errrrm, what? It's the exact same as the past four bloody Call Of Duty games. The thing that makes Blops 2 stand out is that it's developed by Treyarch. Treyarch always seems to find a way to fit in that extra oomph that Call Of Duty needs, making a more interesting and varied experience each year. Now let's look at Infinity Ward... they, of course, made the Modern Warfare series (I vomited in my mouth a little when I said that...) which displays zero innovation every year it is released, and at the same time finds a way to make you hate every character that's in the series in their own special way. But enough rambling about Modern Warfare. Let's get to Black Ops 2.

I'd like to start with the single player campaign for this review. The single player of Call Of Duty has always been a conflicting area for me. It's usually not good, which gets you a wee bit mad whenever you look at that missing spot where your 60 bucks used to be. At the same time, most people don't buy Call Of Duty games for the campaign, and the devs don't expect you to do so. Multiplayer has always been the focus of CoD. While this game aims to fix some of the problems, which it does so in a reasonable fashion, it also attempts to add an arse load of new unique content. This is an effort that has not been put into CoD for a long time, since Call Of Duty 3 I'd say. This game adds true innovation that hasn't been seen in Call Of Duty for a long time. Another "innovation" of this game is that it has an OK story! Whilst hunting for Menendez, you truly feel like there is a reason to hunt him down. The characters are basic and static, but they're likable enough to want to know what happens next on their path. But enough with the story, yo wants to knows about dem's dying! Yes... so due to Call Of Duty's thrown up and recycled version of ID Tech, the shooting is what you would expect from a Call Of Duty game: nice, easy shooting for a casual shooter fan. The shooting does feel a bit better in this game with the subtle addition of a hit marker in Single Player, which I love. The biggest change to Single Player would be the ability to change your loadout before each and every mission. This is also, in my opinion, the BEST change to CoD I've seen in recent years. If you develop a favorite weapon over the course of the campaign, don't worry! As long as you've made it far enough or completed the right challenge, you can use whatever weapon you please! There's not much more to say about the campaign. Like all CoD campaigns, but with some interesting changes and moments that make it worthwhile to finish. There is limited replay-ability if you want to get the best ending for the cap on the Black Ops series.

And now... for the Multiplayer. It's essentially Modern Warfare's multiplayer on steroids. Like most CoD games, it displays no innovation of any description. This version shows "deinnovation" (if it's not a word, it is now!) with the multiplayer. Treyarch decided to go back to Modern Warfare weapon level system, whereby you must level up certain weapons in order to get attachments and camo for said weapon. Look, I'm fine with this system, unlocking weapons in order makes logical sense, and camo is nothing but cosmetic. But attachments is where I draw the line. Let's make a scenario here. I'm a level 31, no prestige. I decide I want to switch my custom class's weapon from a PDW to an MP7. I got the idea from using an MP7 with EDTech in the campaign. I get the MP7, then realize I must be a weapon level 13. I proceed to launch myself from my 2-story window. The thing that peeves me most about this, is that the scopes you use do not have an effect on your skill level. It all comes down to personal preference. I can say, for a fact, that none of the scopes are overpowered in any way. It just comes down to what your favorite scope is. Mine personally is a PDW with no scope, fast mag and a suppressor. Again, that's my preference. I couldn't have that if I just started to use a new weapon. Grrr... they should have just stuck with the CoD points system...

I won't go into Zombies, it's exactly like the old zombies. I feel they removed some of the character from it by taking out distinguishable characters, but it's still an extremely fun game mode.

Overall, Black Ops 2 is a worthy successor to its previous title, if a bit less imaginative. Still, if you're a Call Of Duty fan, or even if you're not, you still will enjoy yourself with this game's refreshing casual and easy shooting style. Plus, there's not much you can do if you give this game a bad rating. Treyarch will be laughing all the way to the bloody bank with their biggest commercial release of 2012.
  45. Jan 28, 2013
    First of all, i must say that i had all the call of duty's so far, and i never gave a damn about single player, i always play the multiplayer for the online experience!!! i bought this game since day one but i couldn't play it for 2 days because it couldn't CONNECT to the online services! Great work treyarch, thank you! Only chuck norris was online those days! When the miracle happend and i connected thankfully i noticed some things that i didn't like! The knife didn't work properly like the other call of duty's, a lot of lagging, a GLINCH that give noobs access to master all the prestiges, which is inacceptable and the guns especially the smg's are super weapons, they can hit you from miles away! Ok i said, its a new game these problems will be fixed in a future update and it will work properly! There were a lots of updates since then but nothing was fixed, it getting even worst and worst! Not to mention that i have see the famous message ''call of duty : black ops 2 server is not available at this time'' every time there is double xp! So imagine how many times i couldn't play the game since its release! Just imagine! Don't fix treyarch any problem of the game, don't fix the servers, don't fix anything,just release a dlc and make it worst! Great idea! i'm wondering though, the new gun in dlc, the smg, who's smg is gonna be? Kratos smg? John Rambo's smg? Treyarch, this was the last time i bought a game with your name on, i would never gonna buy again! And i know that you don;t care about one customer, but please, don't dissolve the series! You are losing the average players! FIX THE SERVERS! Expand
  46. Feb 4, 2013
    The call of duty franchise as a whole gets so much hate for it's continuing success and I am not the biggest fan of the series but I thought black ops 1 was a fun game, especially with some friends. The campaign of this game is probably the best of any call of duty ever, its very varied and has so many cool little set pieces we've come to expect from the series. The story however is uninteresting and the new protagonists are extremely boring and forgettable. Also the new strike force RTS segments have so much potential that is wasted with terrible friendly AI, thankfully these are mostly optional. The multiplayer has new ideas that in my opinion make it the most refined yet, but it feels way to similar to the other games which isn't really a problem as the games are fun but I got bored way faster than in the original black ops. As long as you're not expecting something completely fresh the multiplayer is still fun. The zombies mode was my favorite part of the original and this is the gamemode they've changed the most surprisingly. The zombies campaign treyarch promised is nothing more than a large map with a bus and build-able items which is somewhat disappointing but still fun. There are only three maps unless you get the special edition which is not too great considering these are just parts of the large tranzit map made into to small little arenas. The zombies mode is still fun but a little disappointing considering on how hyped up it was. Overall though this is still a fun package with hours of content and fun to be had. Expand
  47. Feb 3, 2013
    I really think that COD Black Ops II is the best game in the series by far. The creators have really dug down and tweaked a lot of things that I wasn't really happy with in the first Black Ops. I like the new features that they have added to the multiplayer portion of the game, and have little complaints towards things that they could work towards in future games.
  48. Mar 29, 2013
    As a newer fan of the COD series, I am not really in tune with this series so I don't know a lot about it. But what I will say is that it could be a lot worse here people, it could. I have no complaints with the campaign or with zombies, but the problem is really with the multiplayer. I have had several instances were I was in the middle of a game and wound up losing connection and getting kicked out of games. Another problem I have with it is that I would try to join a friend and could rarely join them in a lobby(if at all!) and would have to have them leave the lobby and then join them. Overall, I give it an 8/10 because it has problems with the multiplayer but it could be much, much, worse. Expand
  49. Apr 26, 2013
    Really fun game! First Call of Duty I've owned and played, didn't play a lot of campaign, only tiny bit of first mission,loved the multiplayer, but it did have occasional connection errors and lag, but not too bad. They did a great thing with the zombies! I played original black ops with friends and family, but this one is way better (talking only about green run, hardly played die rise) I am a huge fan of Tranzit, first zombie mode I always think to play. Occasional lag and bugs aside, still a fun game! 8 out of 10! Expand
  50. Dec 29, 2012
    Unbalanced multiplayer, mediocre campaign, and overall terrible community. Activision really should've spent more time creating this, especially when it's such a "high-profile AAA" game.
  51. Nov 18, 2012
    Due to the fact that the online multiplayer is incredibly broken and very hard to tolerate as of this moment. I will skip reviewing that and focus on the single player campaign. For the most part the campaign is EXTREMELY easy. There is barely any challenge even to playing BO2 on veteran I think it took me around 4-5 hours to complete and only had to continue a handful of times... IT IS 100% casual friendly unfortunately. It is full of scripted scenes and what not but the game does provide an interesting way of going about the missions. You have multiple choices for different outcomes within the game so there is actually a reason now to replay the campaign. Choosing an option may trigger a different scripted scene in the game and change the way some parts can be played. Prior to this call of duty I think the only game that had any form of choice would be World at War with either Sgt. Roebuck or that other dude dying (can't remember his name!). Aside from all this I believe Treyarch's call of duty's keep getting better while Infinity Ward's keep getting more and more dumbed down to the point where they are just boring. Call of Duty 4 was their peak - they're done give it up. This is a far superior installment to Modern Warfare 3 - aside from the freezing and multiple bugs I would say it is one of the more fun FPS I've played. I enjoyed the campaign and enjoyed the futuristic guns and different style of weapons. This is not a complete rip off of Ghost Recon FS or Halo, it does do it's own things and it is it's own game and that should be praised. I would score it higher but due to the bugs and, god I don't know how this happens, but LAG? In single player? I cannot just bring myself to give it an 8 9 or 10. It's good, it's playable, it's enjoyable but it has it's share of problems. I can finally put away Boringfield 3 and enjoy a decent call of duty after the issues are hopefully fixed with this game. On a side note: I'm glad Treyarch only made a few tweaks to their old formula - it would be a shame to see Call of Duty go down the Socom route and die when there are barely any other shooters these days that are as enjoyable as a Call of Duty. Expand
  52. Jan 31, 2013
    I was looking forward to Black Ops II because of the single player campaign. The new story choices, sci-fi overtones and the new tactical RTS elements looked intriguing. Unfortunately, the campaign turned out to be lackluster. Sure, there was the odd occasional mission that was special (such as the one where you body glide off a cliff) but it was mostly just linear shooting galleries. It was a far cry from the fun of Modern Warfare 2's highpoint. The new RTS missions are also laughably simplistic. They just don't seem to work very well. The multiplayer is solid but unspectacular. The best part of the suite is the fact that you're rarely overwhelmed by scorestreak attacks. There's nothing more frustrating than being relentlessly hounded by helicopters for the duration of an entire match! Sadly, the maps are too small and boxed in. This negates any real strategy and results in a reflex heavy twitch-shooter where players dart about like they're competing in a marathon. Basically speaking, Call of Duty: Black Ops II has sank from promising to disappointing. Expand
  53. Nov 19, 2012
    Black Ops sucked ass. Black Ops 2 also sucks ass. Every time that Treyarch gets a game they screw it up. Infinity Ward don't get it perfect by any means, but COD4 is still the best of the bunch. This game will always sell well but for the next game I.W. really need to pull their socks up and give us something new and different.
  54. Dec 6, 2012
    The campaign is 6.5/10. The Multiplayer is - 6.5/10. Spawn killing, lag switching, team killing, boosting, aimbots (yes, there are, deniers), lag so horrendous that even the best connection runs 1-2 seconds behind everyone else. You'd think that a company that just made ONE BILLION DOLLARS in 15 days off of this, PLUS the BILLIONS off of the last several, that they'd care enough to fix it: NOPE, they already have your money.

"HA HA" - Nelson
  55. Jul 7, 2013
    I have to give it to Treyarch, they seem to make the more bearable versions of this highly iterative franchise. This year Black Ops II admittedly has a better campaign than its predecessors. The choice element is a little fresh but isn't implemented all that well, but the missions were fun enough to keep me advancing, even if I did end up tiring of the story. The multiplayer is as slick as ever, but it really doesn't add all that much. Zombies is perhaps innovated most in this title, but it still feels a little weary with age. Its a good game, but Activision should really pack their bags now and leave on this one, because even though this game is decent, it is not going to save this franchise from an inevitable end. Expand
  56. Nov 18, 2012
    Black Ops 2 is for me the best CoD game since CoD4, it's a different take on the formula which proves that good things can still be done with CoD. Don't get me wrong though, just buying this game for the multiplayer wouldn't be the smartest thing to do, the singleplayer really needs to be played. You really see that the singleplayer has gotten more effort this time around with multiple endings depending on your actions throughout the game. The story is pretty good this time around, with a good villain that seals the deal, some plot elements weren't as explored as I would have liked to, but still an enjoyable ride. Still, the zombies mode is improved but still pretty familiar, as is the multiplayer itself. It's ironic that for me, the singleplayer is what sells the game, considering that CoD today is famous for its multiplayer. I give this game a 7/10, for making a valid effort, being fun but still being kinda familiar. Expand
  57. Nov 20, 2012
    Please donate £1 per month to poor michael, unfortunately he spent all of his christmas allowance on a video game, this game in question has made his life miserable, it has bullied him, tormented him and even asaulted him, no child should have to put up with this, so for as little as £1 per month you can help eliminate retail copies of call of duty black ops 2, children who have been freed from the grasp of COD say they feel like they have been given a new life and can live in peace, make this dream a reality for many children this christmas and give £1 to our specialist activision assassination squad, or if you cant afford that, just simply go into your local retail store and go all bruce lee on their stocked copies od COD:black ops 2. Expand
  58. Dec 17, 2012
    This is not a bad game, not in the slightest, though nor is it a great one. There are however a number of fundamental issues that can make this a very frustrating and jarring experience, and sadly all too often this can prove to be the rule rather than the exception. Multiplayer suffers from largely mediocre map design, whereby CQC is clearly given clear preference and prominence, and maps are not just predictable (3 largely symmetrical routes in most maps), but encourage a relentless, unsubtle, tactless pace and momentum that quickly leaves an unsatisfying taste, especially for those who like a more strategic approach to at least be possible. If this were the only issue, then it could be attributed largely to personal taste (if you prefer run and gun, frenetic, twitch based, 10 second bursts of gaming, it might well be for you), but the fundamentals of this type of close combat, twitch reaction shooter are severely undermined when things such as lag, dropping frame rate, and very poor hit detection become not a rare annoyance, but a frequent (often debilitating) hindrance. For a game of this type, that feeling of randomness (both when you do well, and when you're being pummelled), create an extremely dispiriting, frustrating, and occasionally enraging experience. When you add to this the inconsistent balancing of matches, the persistent connection issues, poor balancing of scorestreaks and weapons, these feelings just exacerbate the sensation that this activity you undertake to relax is all too often anything but. Overall a game like this hinges on a feeling of personal culpability or achievement, and far too often it feels as though you are the victim or beneficiary of factors completely out of your control, that is just not acceptable in a competitive online game like this.
    I speak here primarily of the Multiplayer mode, mainly because it's the mode most will play most, but furthermore because sadly both the zombie mode and the campaign just feel a little lacklustre and stale, more a distraction than modes you'll be eager to commit much time to.

I have no biases against the COD franchise, I racked up over 15 days of play time over the past year on MW3, and have played for just over 2 days on BO2 thus far. But these nagging annoyances have become too much to deal with for me personally. There is undoubtedly fun to be had playing this game, but be very aware of the severe issues you will probably have to deal with should you decide to purchase it.
  59. Dec 9, 2012
    More of the same, now with a futuristic skin. Im done with COD, ive been playing since COD1 and after 6 years of Activision Milking my pocket releasing the exact same game over and over again, i decided to give the franchise a last chance with blackops 2 and i ended up selling my copy. Whats really sad is that i'm not even disappointed, because i wasn't expecting much anyway. I was gonna give it a 2, gave it a 3 because at least is better than **** warfare 3 Expand
  60. Dec 29, 2012
    do not get this game they keep going on about how they will improve online play but it is just as bad as mw3 in short the people that made this game do not care about what the people think if you want a good fps online shooter go for a game other than black ops two or any other than call of duty
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    The maps are all garbage. The perks are all garbage. Gameplay is the same. Weapons and equipment are the same. Killstreaks are the same. Permanent lag. Keeps freezing, requiring me to restart my PS3 This game isn't as bad as MW3 but it's close. Black Ops 1 is still the best game in the series.
  62. Nov 25, 2012
    No effort at all was put into this game. Its just another generic soulless over rated shooter which critic's been bribed to give it a good score.

No one in its right mind should even try such balant example of laziness
  63. Nov 22, 2012
    Black Ops 2 is a solid game. It's not great and suffers from many faults. Personally I don't care for the futuristic angle but that's just my taste. Kudos to Treyarch for release a working game and not a broken one like Warfighter (yeah, I hate that game). Crashes happen rarely and when they do, you don't lose anything. The match just migrates servers and starts where it left off. Voice chat works (yeah, I'm looking at you EA.) and I haven't come across any serious bugs. The main flaw which prevents a higher rating is that the game in multiplayer doesn't feel like combat at all. It feels more like a game of paintball. Other shooters like Bad Company 2 does a much better job at creating a engaging atmosphere even in multiplayer. But Black Ops 2 is still miles better than BF3 and Warfighter. Expand
  64. Jan 2, 2013
    This game gets a 2/10 because is unplayable, why you ask? well 1 simple answer for 1 simple question... LAG! horrible, game breaking LAG! I jump to the COD wagon (MP wise) with MW2, had some fun so decided to buy BO1, because hey the first one was really entertaining so why not this one, so BO1 still a fun game, some LAG issues here and there but my friends were playing it so what the hell, MW3 I wited until the honeymoon ended to see that hooker's real face and it was ugly as hell, so awful I jumped to BF3 and didn't look back, now we had this so called "NEW GAME" and F*CK is as awful as the other ones. You can think anything you want, but truth be told I gave that abomination a chance, and had the worst day playing of my life, I started to scream at the TV so loud the neighbors thought I was killing someone. finally that same day I played Zombies for a change and got disconnected 2 times just a couple of minutes after entering into the lobby, the third time I finally got a party to play with and played for about 20 mins, you know why I didn't continue playing after that? because it disconnected me again, because the HOST LEFT! that's right NO DEDICATED SERVERS! So no COD for me EVER AGAIN! I'm glad I borrowed from a friend and not bought it like the rest. No SP review here just played like 40 min of it and decided that doing anything else was more worthwhile, like taking a nap or cutting my toe nails. Expand
  65. Nov 19, 2012
    Another disappointment. I thought that Call of Duty Black Ops 2 will be different, or will make some improvements, sadly, this game does only a few improvements in graphics, nothing more. The campaign is solid, with some great cutscenes. Multiplayer is the same, as always. It is with less killstreaks and It's more slow paced, but still frustrating. Zombies is complicated, so, It's less fun than original Black Ops's zombies. (5.0) Expand
  66. Feb 16, 2013
    Campaign is decent in comparison to other CoDs but still pretty mediocre. Multiplayer maps are also mediocre, and the game has some serious technical problems. The weapon balance is excellent, however, but in typical Treyarch fashion, there is very little variety among the weapons. Generally not enough recoil on them either. Zombies is actually a lot worse than it was in WaW and BO, but still playable. The game is decent overall, but it lacks in innovation and change, as we have come to expect from Call of Duty titles. Overall, very meh. Expand
  67. Nov 18, 2012
    I bought this game hoping it would impress me but I had a other feeling that I new it was going to be like the first one. The zombies is OK but i don't get the storyline. Also they jumped the gun all the way to 2025.
    Thats a little far fetched to me. What im trying to say is it is the same thing every year. I will be honest I don't think call of duty is going to last much longer. I'm
    not impressed by this game and I got caught in there scam of the same thing every year. Expand
  68. Nov 20, 2012
    I'm not impressed at all with this game and maybe I'm expecting too much out of Activision/Treyarch these days but this game is another nail in the coffin that was once a strong franchise. Stale graphics, A moderately entertaining campaign, unimpressive multiplayer, and a worn out zombies concept is primarily the downfall of this game; and yet the critics give it rave reviews... I call it bias. Stating facts only if you're someone looking for a new thrill or a cool concept for a game then this isn't it and hence it is the reason for my rating of a "0". I hope I help you guys out there that are considering this game. Expand
  69. Nov 20, 2012
    Ok... As a long time fan of all the COD games I am in a position to judge this as good as any. I spent most of the last week playing this game in the hope it might grow on me. Sadly it hasn't. In my opinion the worst COD to date.
    This game has 2 modes... Sub machine gun and charge. Or quick scope. I had a KD ratio around 2:1 which is decent and almost on prestige 2 so I put enough time
    into it. It's a huge disappointment with the variety of gameplay reduced to that of Quake. Hardcore has only a few options. Team based gameplay has been whacked with the 'new ghost' making a tense slow game impossible, forcing a run and gun even in HC modes.
    That's just the gameplay, I haven't even mentioned the lag, bugs or freezes it causes.

Tomorrow I will take it back for a refund. Betrayarch you can kiss my A**
  70. Nov 21, 2012
    This is not a good game. Its the same graphics has Black Ops 1 which was outdated back at its release. The single player game is ok and the multiplayer is ok gameplay wise. Graphics its not a patch on MW3 and these games should be getting better. Only for the Zombies does this get a 4 in my eyes and im still undecided on that. Its big when you look at the different maps but then when you get to the locations there very small and this makes it a hard game when you add the fire. Still not sure about it but I expected much much better Expand
  71. Dec 28, 2012
    I haven't played this game. I wont play this game. Does not mean i cannot have an opinion on it. 5 hours worth of game...Are you freakin serious?! I'm a fair reviewer, but these guys are taking the right piss out of any fan of the series. They're playing on your fondness of the game....and you guys jus bend over and take it.. Come on guys (No joke there intentionally). At least MOH Warfighter has the decency to use a modern engine to zazz up the graphics. Shocking how reputable gaming sites and magazines rate this so highly. Recycled poop. Expand
  72. Dec 19, 2012
    Update: Patch 1.04 - big improvements. There still some bugs in Parties, especially if one of the guys in the party is playing split-screen. Not a common scenario, but, issues are common when using in this setup.

UAV was a good fix, and the ghost bug. Guns seem a little better balanced now too.

Another improvement would be add some more maps to Ground Wars. People like Ground Wars
    because it's faster paced with all the people, not necessarily because it's a bigger map and they get to snipe. Should be some stats that reflect smg usage on bigger maps. Expand
  73. Mar 25, 2013
    It's not bad but the Over-popular and overrated Black oops 2 doesn't give the entertainment awesome video games need. Fans(or should I say lunatics) will not be pleased.
  74. Jun 18, 2013
    As a trend, the modern call of duty games have always had a lightning strike sense of pacing, mixed with a general disinterest in player agency. Games are a fundamentally interactive medium, one where participation on the part of the player crafts the experience, and this is a point black ops 2 has missed. The main failing, as it goes, is its incessant handing the player tools or equipment before showing of a few set pieces and sending them to the next toy. It cant maintain focus long enough to engage on any level with the player. The review is a 2, however, because at least until the next call of duty hits shelves, the multiplayer is as well designed as is expected for these games. What changes they do make add quite a bit to the flow and customization options, where the map pathing is put together to create an incentive to move continuously, making the games as fast as intended. However, when the next call of duty comes out, the multiplayer will inevitably die out, and as such cannot weigh heavily on a purchase of a 60 USD game. what few advances this title makes are not enough to redeem the unfocused and unengaging series. Expand
  75. Dec 28, 2012
    The only reason this game gets a 1 is for the campaign. I bought BLOPS2 for the multiplayer. Its horrible. You will unload a clip into someone and not kill them. You will get hit with 2 bullets and drop. The maps funnel everyone together, which is fine accept you spawn in front of enemies. Enemies spawn behind you. Simply put, this is a terrible game. They have had 6 times to get this correct and it is no where close. Expand
  76. Jan 4, 2013
    0/10, the Call of Duty is dead. It was a very good shooter, I enjoy Call of Duty 2 and Modern Warfare 1, and I just like Zombie Mode. In Black Ops II I just like campaign- it's awesome, everything else- fail. I expected more...
  77. Jan 9, 2013
    Firstly the game has amazing graphics , a great ( but short) campaign 8/10 zombies is not that good not enough maps and they are small 6/10 multiplayer is fun but the ps3 keeps freezing not that different from previos cods mw3 might have been a better game if you dont care for zombies because of the great survival mode overall a decent game a must buy for COD freaks but not neccessary if you own MW3 Expand
  78. Jan 8, 2013
    I buy it the day of the release and let me tell you, this game is garbage! Call of duty Black ops 2 is the worst game ever to release. The Campaign is half-good and half-bad but nobody care about the Campaign in recent COD games anyway. The choice in the Campaign you make is nothing new. Picking weapons to bring with you on the mission is nothing new, but the first COD game to feature it. Why would they put the strategy levels in the game that is so boring, pointless, & impossible?! The multiplayer is so broken& Cluster that is reach you to point that your ready to break the disc in half. Spawn campers, Campers, small map, overused smg, Team mate that suck at teamwork, unbalanced weapons, bouncing Betty, Shock charger, Quickscopers (no respect for sniper in COD), Lag, Lag comp, host advantage, dropshoters, hit marker inaccurate, Favor people with poor connection, League play (not a game for competitive), Hacker,spawn system terrible, freezes people PS3s including mine, & scoresteak (taking from MW3 support steak, before MW3, Homefront has it & Medal of Honor 2010 has it before even infintiy ward had the idea). Zombles get boring real fast and no form of reward for solving easter egg or for defeating zombles. Not a fan of COD zombles, but if i want a real zomble games, our go & play Dead Island or Left 4 dead or even early Resident Evil games. Overall stay away from this game and get a better game other than call of duty. Treyarch & Activision, your the abomination to gaming industry. You don't care about your customers that complain about your game & not fixing the game that your customers demanding, you all about money. Don't listen to other major reviewers like IGN because they are lier and pay by activision to give this game a high score. Have a great day! Expand
  79. Sep 15, 2013
    Story: Black Ops 2 's setting takes place in 2 parts. One takes place in 2025, the other takes place after the 1st Black Ops (cold war). The game features characters returning from the 1st Black Ops, and new characters for the future missions. All the voice acting in the campaign is great, and the game's villain is good. The biggest surprise though is that the story is Actually great. It's not like MW2 and 3 where you're fighting Russians, it's actually different and you get to learn the backstory of the plot in the past sections and see how those events affect the future and the villain's plan. Rating: 9

Gameplay: Treyarch added some new features to the single player to give it some replay value. They added challenges, player choices, strike force missions (suck), and the biggest addition to me is the create-a-class. Now you can choose your own loadout for each mission and not have to deal with whatever the game gives you. However, the A.I is still dumb and the campaign is sadly only 4.5 hours long. Rating: 8

Graphics: I will say the graphics are the best CoD graphics I've ever seen, but that's not saying much. Rating: 7

Music: The main theme by Trent Reznor is great, but the rest of the soundtrack isn't memorable. Rating: 5

Multiplayer: Since almost everyone buys CoD for the multiplayer, this section might be the most important section of all, and I have a lot of stuff to say about the MP. In my opinion, the most important thing in an FPS multiplayer is balance, which this game is LACKING. After the 1st week, the community started to notice some guns that did better than most of the guns. Some examples are: PDW-57 and MSMC (slightly nerfed), AN-94 (still overpowered after a ton of patches), FAL (gun's even banned in League play), R870-MCS (still extremely overpowered and I hate this shotgun), LMGs with Target Finder (LMGs already have low recoil, now Treyarch basically gave them an aimbot), C4s with the FAST HANDS perk (you're telling me a soldier can pull a C4 out of his ass and throw it in half a second and detonate it using his mind?), DEXTERITY perk (especially annoying with shotguns, SMGs, assault rifles, and quickdraw attachment), and quickscoping is back (great. P.S sarcasm). The maps here are BAD. Where as in MW2 and the 1st Black Ops, the maps were pretty good, now 90% of these BO2 maps are uninspired, mostly small (SMGs dominate AGAIN), almost no good spots where snipers (not quickscopers) and LMGs can perch up and support their team, and most of these maps have the same overused 3 lane layout (1 path in the middle, 2 in the sides). Lag compensation also returns being more annoying than ever. This game also has an UNPATCHABLE audio bug that mutes all game sounds and replaces it with this weird helicopter like sound that's exclusive to PS3 users (I think). But the MP did do some things right (mostly in customization). They improved on the already great emblem editor, they added League Play (for any of you try hards out there), improved theater mode, and added new and unique camos for your gun (most are in microtransactions). But these cons FAR outweigh the pros, and for someone who loved BO1's MP, I'm extremely disappointed. Rating: 4

Zombies: I'm a big zombies fan, and I was MORE disappointed with the zombies than the multiplayer (although Treyarch redeemed themselves with the DLC). the 1st map we got (Tranzit) was TERRIBLE. 85% of the map was covered in fog (which ruins exploration), the lava on the floor made exploration even worse. The map also had denizens (MOST ANNOYING ENEMY EVER), the "new crew" isn't funny, the Easter egg sucks, the map is WAY too huge for 4 players, and some of the perks (PHD Flopper, Deadshot Daiquri, and Mule Kick) weren't even on this map. One thing Tranzit added was Double Tap 2.0 (increased damage and made D.T more useful). The other launch gamemodes aren't as good either. Survival is just normal zombies on small maps (WAY too small for 4 players), and Grief was just wasted potential. The idea of having 4 V 4 on zombies where you have to troll the enemy team into defeat sounded cool, but ended up being just 8 players playing on the survival maps because you don't get much options on how to affect the enemy team's chance of survival (knifing and zombie meat. That's it). The only other things that Treyarch did that was good was add theater mode into zombies, and add solo leaderboards. But I still think Treyarch took a step backwards from moon with tranzit. Rating: 4

Overall: BO2 was a HUGE disappointment to me when compared to the 1st Black Ops. Improved campaign, BROKEN MP, and disappointing zombies makes this game the 3rd worse CoD in my opinion. Overall rating:6
  80. Jun 6, 2013
    Haters love to hate and say that critics reviews for this game is biased. Maybe, but isn't haters just as biased. After all, they're probably fan boys of Halo or Battlefield and they think that the franchise is so superior that they have to hate every other games by saying it's the same thing every year (which is pretty cheap). But don't worry, this review is not biased. This review comes from a person who plays Call of Duty but accepts the fact that other franchises are just as good or better, but some do suck. We can't like everything but you can trust an unbiased review, like this one, where details about the game are considered, not the haters who say it's the same because it is and that's it.

Call of Duty is not getting better but to say it's the same is completely false and that's not even an opinion, it's a fact. Sequels can be different but they generally aren't which would usually make the franchise, as well as the business, inconsistent. Is Halo 2 so much different than Halo: Combat Evolved? Don't expect something completely new, it's a new game for a franchise that's been around for almost 10 years now. Also, game franchises that are released annually doesn't mean bad. Is Call of Duty the only franchise that does this? No, look at Assassin's Creed and Fifa. So, there are three modes. Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies. Seen before but revamped with added features. Campaign is the first in the franchise to feature branching storyline driven by player choice. It's also the first to feature nonlinear gameplay, thanks to it's multiple endings. But this feature is not so impressive if you're not into the story in the Black Ops series, you would instead go straight into the multiplayer like many fans. If you are, campaign is a real treat. The way you play the game is different and the story is not too predictable. Strike Force sounds awesome on paper and it could have been if it had been executed a bit better. The AI for allies is poor, you often have to direct them to one area and then do everything yourself.

When it comes to multiplayer, Infinity Ward has always been stronger with a more innovative and addictive multiplayer mode that adds depth to the franchise. Infected and Kill Confirmed especially in Modern Warfare 3. Theatre Mode sucks, it doesn't save all recent gameplays and you can only view them as clips but hopefully Treyarch will fix that. There are obviously new stuff you would expect such as guns, perks and scorestreaks. Pick 10 system is the best system in the franchise for class customization. It changes the way you play the game so instead of having to choose a grenade, you can replace it with another attachment if that's what you prefer. Wildcards cost one point each, they break the normal rules of creating a class, which allows you to select an additional perk. Three wildcards can be used in a loadout at a time which lets you select a perk from Tier 1, 2 or 3. The Pick 10 systems lets you choose 10 elements to make up a loadout and this is a system that should be used in future titles. Good thing about small maps is that the gameplay is paced faster so that shouldn't be a negative aspect, although the multiplayer map designs aren't the best in Black Ops II. CODCast is an innovative feature which allows you stream via YouTube if making YouTube video is one of your hobbies, which it is for many people. There may be a lot of little kids online but children these days don't play games that are age appropriate. Does that mean the franchise is bad? Hell, no! Kids play Grand Theft Auto and Halo but I don't hear any complaints about that. They may ruin the multiplayer experience but it's no one's fault but the parent who is responsible for the content that their child plays and watch.

Zombies comes with two new modes as well as Survival, Tranzit and Grief. Grief supports 8 players, 4 players per team, and the team wins if at least one of their players is the last one to survive. Tranzit mode is basically a combination of multiple maps and the only way to travel is by bus, as you might have seen in the trailer. Zombie is good fun and these are fun new modes if you want to play more than just Survival. Lava encourages you not to stand in one place, like you could do in previous titles featuring zombies, and it makes it more challenging but it's also annoying. When you get hit by a zombie a few times, you would often run into a lava and you could die. Still, you die and try again in many video games. Zombie is still the best aspect of Black Ops. Graphics isn't everything and it doesn't have to look the best, the franchise isn't really known for having the best graphics, but it's still good enough for the standard of modern games. They use the same engine from Black Ops and improved it but because Infinity Ward uses a newer engine for their Call of Duty games, Modern Warfare 3 looks better.
  81. Jan 20, 2013
    COD. A series which has been around for a while. Gets alot of love and hate. I'm not a fan of COD so I wasn't exactly being so "I CAN'T WAIT!" I got hold of the game when I seen it for 40 bucks. Jumping into the campaign, I realized amazing graphics in the cutscenes. I also seen Treyarch attempting to make it fresh, with story decisions and stuff like that. The campaign is simple, shoot shoot, strategy strategy, shoot shoot decision decision, repeat. Zombies still remains at the top of the food chain (no pun intended) with new characters, a system with all maps in one game mode and a bank. Multiplayer is the same, with your diamond camos. This isn't bad, as I admit I spent alot of time on the multiplayer. If you like FPS games then buy this. If you dont, then play this somewhere else and see how it is. 7/10. Expand
  82. Feb 13, 2013
    Campaign is alright but nothing special. Multiplayer is complete garbage, often leaving me in disbelief of how I had just died. Hunter killers? Really? How the hell are we supposed to see that garbage coming? BO1 was good, but this game is complete garbage. Don't waste your time, money, or your longevity of your life (it will raise your blood pressure through the roof).
  83. Feb 16, 2013
    The Campaign is probably the Best in the entire COD series. But the Mulitplaer is nothing but the same.
    Cheap kills, Campers, Head glitches, Hackers, Spammers, and much more makes the Mulitplayer Just the same it has been for the past 5 years. Just some new perks, Guns, and grenades.
    All the semi assault rifles are overpowered, Shotguns require no skill, and Quckscoping is back. Yay
    *sarcastic.* Zombies is improved from Black ops 1. Almost all the bugs from the first are fixed. It also has it's own Campaign. The maps are awesome and are better than the ones in Black ops 1. The Season Pass is just retarded. It cost's 60 Dollars and is activation's way of saying, you bought our 60 dollar game, Now spend 60 dollars more to actually get all the content.

Don't get this game if you're looking for a good multiplayer. But if you want this game for the story or zombies. Go right ahead.
  84. lox
    Apr 29, 2013
    I haven't even finished the campaign for Black Ops 2 due to the fact that it is god awfully boring and the multiplayer is fun for a few days but then it gets boring as hell as well. The hit detection is terrible, the spawn points aren't that great, and the maps are sub par, and full of head glitching and camping spots. In the end Black Ops 2 is fun for a little while but it gets boring and irritating very quickly. Expand
  85. Mar 17, 2013
    This is a horrible game. This is the same as Black Ops 1, same engine, same guns. Lame DLC, Lame Servers. This was just a money maker for them, a rushed game in which should have been a 3 or 4 year project. Every COD, should take at least 4 years to make NOT 1 every year.

COD mainly is for Little Kids ask there Mom's to buy it and in so they can play with their friends and spend money
    on DLC.

Big Companys that host Competitive games with not good MLG players and spend Millions but cant fixed the servers? Smh
  86. Mar 28, 2013
    I am giving this game a zero because multiplayer is unplayable due to lag comp and matchmaking issues at least 80% of the time. People with decent internet are penalized by their horrible lag comp coding. Most of the time what you see in the killcam is not what you saw on your screen. In this game you shoot first and die first. The players are not in sync. Almost every game there is someone running around with one or two bar connection who is indestructible and posting a ridiculous score. Map design is horrible and there are serious flaws in the spawn system. Most maps are tailor made for spawn killing and other cheap tactics. The dlc maps weren't any better. I don't know why I keep giving Activision my money. Every game since MW2 has gotten progressively worse. This one is definitely the worst with lag and hit detection. The community on this game is equally horrible and consists mainly of foul mouthed 8-12 year olds. I don't know what kind of stupid parent would buy their preteen this game and a mic. Treyarch has been nonresponsive when it comes to complaints about the game and has done nothing to fix the issues. Since release this game has caused the ps3 to freeze periodically during gameplay and there is an annoying sound glitch. We continue to have these problems (among others) after several patches. There is also the issue of probation. If you quit too many matches you get a five minute timeout before you can join a game and I think these can add/stack up. After a game session were this shoddy game caused my system to freeze 3 times I received a probation. I don't quit games, but Treyarch wants to take punitive action against me because their lousy game decides to take a dump.
    I made the mistake of buying the first dlc pack, but I won't be buying any more for this game. If you haven't purchased this game do yourself a favor and stay away.
  87. Oct 15, 2013
    The typical, humdrum, repetitive game that people have somehow not come to expect over the almost ten years of the CoD franchise.

The gameplay is exactly the same, and as many say: "If it isn't broken, don't fix it." However, the game has been broken for quite some time, and though it totes some fun to be had with a few friends, the sheer lack of support in terms of patching and the
    unbalanced nature of the game, make something that is apparently online focused seem like a joke.

Each CoD is hyped with several exciting story trailers, and yet again, we are treated to a boring, Hollywood centric piece. And this is delivered in top class by the appalling writing of David S. Goyer, who's attempt at military propaganda is no better than someone who doesn't claim to be a writer.

The fact that Trent Reznor has written the score, was something that got me half excited, but the material he has provided was nothing short of mediocre.

Overall an appalling repetition of last years instalment. Steer clear of this one.
  88. Apr 25, 2013
    "All in all it's just another brick in the wall..."
  89. Apr 27, 2013
    While definitely not as good as the previous Black Ops, this game is undeniably more polished and functional. They've taken out things people hated like second chance, and added in some interesting things like the MMS to multiplayer. Single player is your average CoD campaign- pretty bland. Zombies mode is less fun but is a step away from previous levels and is more challenging. It just isn't as fun.
    The Strike Force missions are fun though. I feel people who compain CoD never changes aren't looking at it objectively.
  90. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is truly addictive. IMO it's best played with friends. CoD Black Ops 2 is such as fast pace game that the smallest Latency or Lag (which occurs in all online MP games) is a bit frustrating since at times it can effect the players precision and skill. However, overall this game is excellent and the less skilled players who are unable to adapt when latency issues occur are usually the ones hating on the game. Expand
  91. May 14, 2013
    Now, I'm not just a Call of duty hater. I think at times the series is entertaining and is a joy with actual friends. I mean that by friends you can talk to, without headphones. I guess the most positive thing I can say about this game is that it's real fun to play with other people, I recommend playing with others so you can at least try to socialize with people. The negative comments I have for this game is mainly my lack of care for this game. I just don't find anything interesting in this game, which I think sums up my opinion about this game. It's fun with friends, but quite boring without anyone to play with. By now you probably yelling about how I don't talk about the multiplayer, I just don't personally like it, in this game at least. My ending statement is: this game is fun with friends, but is really boring without others to play with. Expand
  92. Jun 10, 2013
    This is what I think about Black Ops II. I think that It had a good story line, some really cool added features to the campaign like a more diverse custom load-out, and the Multiplayer was better then the Vanilla Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer. I think that the point system was great. It allowed people not to become over-powered and you could choose what you wanted with the consequence of not being allowed as much stuff. I enjoyed the scorestreak better then I enjoyed the killstreak. It allowed my to appreciate the points that I got on the screen a lot more for getting kills with a hellstorm missile. The story-line was the best Call of Duty story-line since CoD4 (I kid you not). The maor problems I had were the not-so-necessary missions (killing people with your machete) and the unlock tokens. I believe that if you earned it, then it should come automatically to you instead of picking and choosing what you want. Everyone saying custom emblems suck because people make d*cks and such out of them, everyone who is immature is prone to do something like that in any customization system. I give it an 8/10 because of the major step head of the previous game. Oh, I forgot to mention the Zombies and the endless fun that brought to me. Expand
  93. Aug 16, 2013
    This Game would get a 5 but I do quite like the Zombies gamemode, lore, setting, replay value and great to play with friends, even with SplitScreen. There is some very serious issues with the Single Player mainly it just being there. If you are a making Multiplayer focused game focus on the Multiplayer player, just don't make a single player story. Single Player is not a requirement anymore in games. Multiplayer is the same same as all the other Call Of Duty games. Expand
  94. Jun 9, 2013
    HONESTLY IT DOES HURT THE GAME INDUSTRY THAT THESE REDUNDANT COD GAMES SELL 30MIL COPPIES EACH. People buy 20-30mil copies of CoD and miss out on truly unique games like metro 2033 or the darkness 2 and these are in the same genre they are FPS's and damn good too. How many people can say they truly bought call of duty black ops AND Metro 2033 Not many if any and at least metro is an FPS too. Can anyone say black op2 was actually pound for pound better than Deus Ex H.R.? Now i don't always agree with critics but even they thought deus ex was much better than black ops2 and look how deus ex sells maybe 2 million including pc and Call of doody black oops2 sells 10 times that on xbox alone. Even worse a great immersive FPS with ten times the heart and story Metro 2033 sells under 500,000 copies, yes it sold in the ball park of four hundred thousand copies...shameful that a quality game like that sells all together less than what CoD sells in one day. Is this because CoD blows ops2 is soooooo much better than metro....? NO, it is not but brain washed sheep buy the same game with the same engine in it with the same graphics every single year, they just change the name or put a creative (1),(2),or (3) next to it and the lambs come running to shell out 60$ instead of getting a truly unique experience and maybe having some taste or style or any uniqueness of your own. Even a mega hit multiplatform game that in my opinion might be the best of all time the vaunted "Fallout 3" pales in comparison with around 8mil sold while each CoD game more than triples those sales. Can even a CoD fan name any CoD game that even comes close to being as great as Fallout 3....wait i forgot to say that modernwarfare 2 doesn't count........just kidding that would be too cruel because that is what you were gonna say right CoD fanboy you original gamer you, and i bet you play CoD on your XBOX too how original and i bet you don't even play the 4hr campaign do you? All you 14yr olds and 40yr olds alike just grab a slim jim, take a swig of Monster if you are 14 and of course Budweiser if you are 40 and start on that CoD multiplayer with all that great story and non repetitive MP gameplay, of course you do this while waiting in anticipation for bungie's next sterile, super unique( i.e. halo 3 odst) game. Oh wait bungie is actually doing something good now (i.e. Destiny) so i guess 343 or whatever their name is will be copy and pasting a new label on the same old halo game, but at least halo doesnt come out twice a year. Good luck on not being as good as Battlefield 4 Call of Doody Ghosts (scary ghosts) but hey there are enough dumb people out there so you will outsell them even with last gen graphics and the same exact engine as model warfare. Greedy, Greedy Activision shoveling crap and calling it caviar when will you stop buying it. Expand
  95. Jul 27, 2013
    I can see all the good Treyarch was trying to do, but Black Ops 2 has sadly fallen into the dark pit of MMS: "Mainstreamed Military Shooters."

The campaign was the one thing I was looking forward to when they announced BO2. Unfortunately, it was said to take place in the year 2025. I thought, "Well, just because it's in the future doesn't mean it's bad." True, and this is what i said to
    myself, but I found that most MMS's are now in the future, and aren't that good, but I still held hope. Sadly, the four-hour campaign was not worth playing, regardless of integrating choice. Through the years, Treyarch has done a great job with making Call of Duty campaigns, but this one was trying desperately to be Modern Warfare.

The multiplayer is either "you love it, or hate it." I hate it. The original Black Ops Multiplayer was soooo much better, and was perfect the way it was being set in The Cold War (along with the campaign). The multiplayer is there for days when you really just don't care about life. Mindless shooting and yelling (that vaguely sounded like Team Fortress).

The Zombie mode is probably the thing that saved this game from being a negative review. Although I don't get as hyped as other people with zombies, I enjoy it to bits.

Rest In Piece, old Call of Duty, you have been replaced by the MMS.

Only reason I'm getting CoD Ghosts is to see what happens to the dog. Friggin' love dogs.
  96. Jun 22, 2013
    The campaign is what's to be expected from a Call of Duty game even though I felt the past installment was way more exciting. The multiplayer is just as addicting and fun as it has been in the past. Upgrades and unlock ables keep you going like normal.
  97. Jul 9, 2013
    In Modern Battlefield 4, 3 different exciting(not very) modes await.
    The campaign is full of lovable characters such as Dimitri Reznov and Nikolai Mason(this is confirmed)
    With a Linear story line is full of guns bullets and america what more could you ask for?(alot)
    The zombies mode breathes new fresh(dead) air into the gameplay. After playing the new Red Run Mode you play as Samuel
    Stoolhinger Bill Cosby Mitchell Musso and Vanessa Hudgens. After getting onto a train full of zombies you ride to the safety of perk machines and More. In the New Alcatraz of the dead game mode you play as Sally DeSuca, The Sneasel, Finnick Washington, And Billy Clem After ''completing'' daedulus you're trapped on the golden gate and can only kill yourself um....10/10 story.
    The Multiplayer re-defines the word fps. With a Galore of players sitting in corners with Machine guns fixed with a target finder to provide -100% recoil its a very balanced experience. With Snipers that run in your face to kill you with 1 bullet to people with shotguns sleeping in corners every match feels like a new start.
    Overall with A Great Linear Campaign 0/10
    Balanced Multiplayer 0/10
    And a Refined Zombies Mode 0/1000000

I Give it a 10/10 Because I'm Idiot
  98. Jul 24, 2013
    it was alright, i was moderately bored most of the time. I did like the arsenal that was available: http://www.airsplat.com/cod-black-ops.htm. i will say that It was pretty to look at
  99. Jul 25, 2013
    This is a Call of Duty game. This game is MW1,MW2,MW2,WAW and BO1. There are only new maps and new guns. And some futuristic flying weapons or something like that. Don't expect anything new. And also there are many multiplayer craches and glitches.
  100. Sep 18, 2013
    Where Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto series keeps improving and revolutionising the open-world genre with hot new releases, Activision's Call of Duty franchise has shunned and abandoned the shooter games by releasing mediocre after mediocre games that spawned from a once good series starting with Modern Warfare.

Everything in the game feels lacklustre and I can't believe the critics giving
    the game a 9/10 or a 8/10, guess they just like the same crap every year with slightly better graphics. Shooting mechanics have improved and so has the story but that doesn't save 3 hours of boring campaign missions, terrible net code and lack of fidelity that makes everything feel disjointed. If you're gonna come back from Black Ops 1, you gotta bring your best. Not this unpolished, lazy mess of a game! Expand

1. Jan 12, 2013
    One of the most complete, albeit shaky, packages the series has ever seen. [Issue#226, p.68]
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    While the campaign length is fairly standard of past iterations of the series, it's worth multiple playthroughs and the multiplayer offers endless hours of fun and enjoyment; whether it's slaying zombies or facing off against other players in a wide range of multiplayer modes with an endless number of loadout combinations.
  3. Dec 23, 2012
    Worth checking out for online and the sci-fi novelty value alone. [Jan 2013, p.95]