5.0

1. Dec 8, 2012
    While this game has a admittedly good story for it' s single player campaign I'm very hesitant to call the multiplayer of this game anything short of terrible. I absolutely felt let down with this title after having played several previous titles in the series and while there is a slight fun factor the problems weigh it down severally! Some of the most common issues are things like LagWhile this game has a admittedly good story for it' s single player campaign I'm very hesitant to call the multiplayer of this game anything short of terrible. I absolutely felt let down with this title after having played several previous titles in the series and while there is a slight fun factor the problems weigh it down severally! Some of the most common issues are things like Lag compensation,head glitching, and weapon imbalance issues that for some reason Activision refuses to fix. Had these issues been resolved or at the very least lessened the game may have been more enjoyable for me but sadly they were not. If Activision is going to insist on releasing the same sort of game every year they should at least address some of the major problems that plague the series which as of now they still refuse to do. I would recommend doing as i did and rent this game if your unsure of it's quality or if you insist on buying it get it used at a later date. While the single player has a good story and may justify a purchase for some for me this game is far from being worth the full price of $60 Expand
  2. Dec 15, 2012
    Singleplayer was pretty good interesting ending choice but still good. The multiple endings leaved much to be desired but it still worked. While somehow I believe most players hated the mode where you change between individual units, I actually found it a refreshing change. The slight changes to multiplayer were good too. IMO there is no way this game could score less than a 6/10 but thereSingleplayer was pretty good interesting ending choice but still good. The multiple endings leaved much to be desired but it still worked. While somehow I believe most players hated the mode where you change between individual units, I actually found it a refreshing change. The slight changes to multiplayer were good too. IMO there is no way this game could score less than a 6/10 but there are always going to be haters and as they say haters gonna hate. Voice acting and cinematics A+ as you would expect from this title. Expand
  3. Jan 4, 2013
    There are a lot of things to like about this game, but the negatives outweigh the positives. Let's start with the positives: the score-streak setup they implement in this game is awesome. In addition to getting kills, you are rewarded for playing the objective and being a team player. I am also glad to see that the support strike package from MW3 and death-streaks are NOT in this game, soThere are a lot of things to like about this game, but the negatives outweigh the positives. Let's start with the positives: the score-streak setup they implement in this game is awesome. In addition to getting kills, you are rewarded for playing the objective and being a team player. I am also glad to see that the support strike package from MW3 and death-streaks are NOT in this game, so no more free stealth bombers and EMPs, and no more last/final stand, second chance, or dead man's hand. The way they have divided up the perks is superb as well, with no single perk being overpowered. Similar to the perks in this game, you will find that the guns are well-balanced also.

Unfortunately, even with these great features, the online multiplayer experience can be horrible at times. The lag compensation and hit detection in this game are worse than any of the three previous Call of Duty games (MW2, Black Ops 1, and MW3). It can be extremely frustrating to lose a gunfight to someone when, on your screen, you clearly should have come out on top. They have also taken away the ability to tie score-streaks to your custom classes, so if you find yourself struggling to win a gunfight due to lag or any other reason, you are stuck with the 3 score-streaks you chose and cannot switch to lower ones during a match. In addition to having horrible lag compensation and hit detection, the developers have implemented skill-based matchmaking, so even though the game has connection issues, players are not always placed in lobbies with the best ping. Often, players will be placed in games with worse connections in order to go up against players of similar skill level.

TL;DR: the connection issues in this game have absolutely ruined it. Though they have implemented some nice new features, the online multiplayer experience can be utterly frustrating.
  4. Nov 20, 2012
    Ok first, people need to calm down with the 0 score reviews. Now, I was ready to give this COD a low score b/c I was sick of getting the same game every year, BUT Treyarch said they made big changes so I decided to give it a chance. I have to say, they were not lying. I haven't enjoyed COD this much since Modern Warfare 1. I guess the campaign is as good (or bad) as past COD's, but I likeOk first, people need to calm down with the 0 score reviews. Now, I was ready to give this COD a low score b/c I was sick of getting the same game every year, BUT Treyarch said they made big changes so I decided to give it a chance. I have to say, they were not lying. I haven't enjoyed COD this much since Modern Warfare 1. I guess the campaign is as good (or bad) as past COD's, but I like that there are 4 different endings based on your decisions throughout the game. Nice little change. The multiplayer is amazing. The Pick 10 system works very well and the weapons and futuristic equipment are fun to use. The new score streak system sort of works. To me, it's a smart move. But I don't think we're ever going to get rid of campers and people that just care about their K/D ratio. Last but not least: Zombies. Zombie mode is still a great as before. Really cool maps and they added some nice features, including the competitive 4v4 and there is more of an objective now. Black Ops II is not a perfect game, but it sure as hell isn't just a Black Ops 1 expansion like MW3 was to MW2. Expand
  5. Feb 4, 2013
    The call of duty franchise as a whole gets so much hate for it's continuing success and I am not the biggest fan of the series but I thought black ops 1 was a fun game, especially with some friends. The campaign of this game is probably the best of any call of duty ever, its very varied and has so many cool little set pieces we've come to expect from the series. The story however isThe call of duty franchise as a whole gets so much hate for it's continuing success and I am not the biggest fan of the series but I thought black ops 1 was a fun game, especially with some friends. The campaign of this game is probably the best of any call of duty ever, its very varied and has so many cool little set pieces we've come to expect from the series. The story however is uninteresting and the new protagonists are extremely boring and forgettable. Also the new strike force RTS segments have so much potential that is wasted with terrible friendly AI, thankfully these are mostly optional. The multiplayer has new ideas that in my opinion make it the most refined yet, but it feels way to similar to the other games which isn't really a problem as the games are fun but I got bored way faster than in the original black ops. As long as you're not expecting something completely fresh the multiplayer is still fun. The zombies mode was my favorite part of the original and this is the gamemode they've changed the most surprisingly. The zombies campaign treyarch promised is nothing more than a large map with a bus and build-able items which is somewhat disappointing but still fun. There are only three maps unless you get the special edition which is not too great considering these are just parts of the large tranzit map made into to small little arenas. The zombies mode is still fun but a little disappointing considering on how hyped up it was. Overall though this is still a fun package with hours of content and fun to be had. Expand
  6. Sep 18, 2013
    Where Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto series keeps improving and revolutionising the open-world genre with hot new releases, Activision's Call of Duty franchise has shunned and abandoned the shooter games by releasing mediocre after mediocre games that spawned from a once good series starting with Modern Warfare.

Everything in the game feels lacklustre and I can't believe the critics giving

Everything in the game feels lacklustre and I can't believe the critics giving the game a 9/10 or a 8/10, guess they just like the same crap every year with slightly better graphics. Shooting mechanics have improved and so has the story but that doesn't save 3 hours of boring campaign missions, terrible net code and lack of fidelity that makes everything feel disjointed. If you're gonna come back from Black Ops 1, you gotta bring your best. Not this unpolished, lazy mess of a game!
  7. Jan 31, 2013
    I was looking forward to Black Ops II because of the single player campaign. The new story choices, sci-fi overtones and the new tactical RTS elements looked intriguing. Unfortunately, the campaign turned out to be lackluster. Sure, there was the odd occasional mission that was special (such as the one where you body glide off a cliff) but it was mostly just linear shooting galleries. ItI was looking forward to Black Ops II because of the single player campaign. The new story choices, sci-fi overtones and the new tactical RTS elements looked intriguing. Unfortunately, the campaign turned out to be lackluster. Sure, there was the odd occasional mission that was special (such as the one where you body glide off a cliff) but it was mostly just linear shooting galleries. It was a far cry from the fun of Modern Warfare 2's highpoint. The new RTS missions are also laughably simplistic. They just don't seem to work very well. The multiplayer is solid but unspectacular. The best part of the suite is the fact that you're rarely overwhelmed by scorestreak attacks. There's nothing more frustrating than being relentlessly hounded by helicopters for the duration of an entire match! Sadly, the maps are too small and boxed in. This negates any real strategy and results in a reflex heavy twitch-shooter where players dart about like they're competing in a marathon. Basically speaking, Call of Duty: Black Ops II has sank from promising to disappointing. Expand
  8. Dec 17, 2012
    This is not a bad game, not in the slightest, though nor is it a great one. There are however a number of fundamental issues that can make this a very frustrating and jarring experience, and sadly all too often this can prove to be the rule rather than the exception. Multiplayer suffers from largely mediocre map design, whereby CQC is clearly given clear preference and prominence, and mapsThis is not a bad game, not in the slightest, though nor is it a great one. There are however a number of fundamental issues that can make this a very frustrating and jarring experience, and sadly all too often this can prove to be the rule rather than the exception. Multiplayer suffers from largely mediocre map design, whereby CQC is clearly given clear preference and prominence, and maps are not just predictable (3 largely symmetrical routes in most maps), but encourage a relentless, unsubtle, tactless pace and momentum that quickly leaves an unsatisfying taste, especially for those who like a more strategic approach to at least be possible. If this were the only issue, then it could be attributed largely to personal taste (if you prefer run and gun, frenetic, twitch based, 10 second bursts of gaming, it might well be for you), but the fundamentals of this type of close combat, twitch reaction shooter are severely undermined when things such as lag, dropping frame rate, and very poor hit detection become not a rare annoyance, but a frequent (often debilitating) hindrance. For a game of this type, that feeling of randomness (both when you do well, and when you're being pummelled), create an extremely dispiriting, frustrating, and occasionally enraging experience. When you add to this the inconsistent balancing of matches, the persistent connection issues, poor balancing of scorestreaks and weapons, these feelings just exacerbate the sensation that this activity you undertake to relax is all too often anything but. Overall a game like this hinges on a feeling of personal culpability or achievement, and far too often it feels as though you are the victim or beneficiary of factors completely out of your control, that is just not acceptable in a competitive online game like this.
    I speak here primarily of the Multiplayer mode, mainly because it's the mode most will play most, but furthermore because sadly both the zombie mode and the campaign just feel a little lacklustre and stale, more a distraction than modes you'll be eager to commit much time to.

I have no biases against the COD franchise, I racked up over 15 days of play time over the past year on MW3, and have played for just over 2 days on BO2 thus far. But these nagging annoyances have become too much to deal with for me personally. There is undoubtedly fun to be had playing this game, but be very aware of the severe issues you will probably have to deal with should you decide to purchase it.
  9. Feb 16, 2013
    Campaign is decent in comparison to other CoDs but still pretty mediocre. Multiplayer maps are also mediocre, and the game has some serious technical problems. The weapon balance is excellent, however, but in typical Treyarch fashion, there is very little variety among the weapons. Generally not enough recoil on them either. Zombies is actually a lot worse than it was in WaW and BO, butCampaign is decent in comparison to other CoDs but still pretty mediocre. Multiplayer maps are also mediocre, and the game has some serious technical problems. The weapon balance is excellent, however, but in typical Treyarch fashion, there is very little variety among the weapons. Generally not enough recoil on them either. Zombies is actually a lot worse than it was in WaW and BO, but still playable. The game is decent overall, but it lacks in innovation and change, as we have come to expect from Call of Duty titles. Overall, very meh. Expand
  10. Mar 25, 2013
    It's not bad but the Over-popular and overrated Black oops 2 doesn't give the entertainment awesome video games need. Fans(or should I say lunatics) will not be pleased.
  11. Jan 9, 2013
    Firstly the game has amazing graphics , a great ( but short) campaign 8/10 zombies is not that good not enough maps and they are small 6/10 multiplayer is fun but the ps3 keeps freezing not that different from previos cods mw3 might have been a better game if you dont care for zombies because of the great survival mode overall a decent game a must buy for COD freaks but not neccessary ifFirstly the game has amazing graphics , a great ( but short) campaign 8/10 zombies is not that good not enough maps and they are small 6/10 multiplayer is fun but the ps3 keeps freezing not that different from previos cods mw3 might have been a better game if you dont care for zombies because of the great survival mode overall a decent game a must buy for COD freaks but not neccessary if you own MW3 Expand
  12. Jun 6, 2013
    Haters love to hate and say that critics reviews for this game is biased. Maybe, but isn't haters just as biased. After all, they're probably fan boys of Halo or Battlefield and they think that the franchise is so superior that they have to hate every other games by saying it's the same thing every year (which is pretty cheap). But don't worry, this review is not biased. This review comesHaters love to hate and say that critics reviews for this game is biased. Maybe, but isn't haters just as biased. After all, they're probably fan boys of Halo or Battlefield and they think that the franchise is so superior that they have to hate every other games by saying it's the same thing every year (which is pretty cheap). But don't worry, this review is not biased. This review comes from a person who plays Call of Duty but accepts the fact that other franchises are just as good or better, but some do suck. We can't like everything but you can trust an unbiased review, like this one, where details about the game are considered, not the haters who say it's the same because it is and that's it.

Call of Duty is not getting better but to say it's the same is completely false and that's not even an opinion, it's a fact. Sequels can be different but they generally aren't which would usually make the franchise, as well as the business, inconsistent. Is Halo 2 so much different than Halo: Combat Evolved? Don't expect something completely new, it's a new game for a franchise that's been around for almost 10 years now. Also, game franchises that are released annually doesn't mean bad. Is Call of Duty the only franchise that does this? No, look at Assassin's Creed and Fifa. So, there are three modes. Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies. Seen before but revamped with added features. Campaign is the first in the franchise to feature branching storyline driven by player choice. It's also the first to feature nonlinear gameplay, thanks to it's multiple endings. But this feature is not so impressive if you're not into the story in the Black Ops series, you would instead go straight into the multiplayer like many fans. If you are, campaign is a real treat. The way you play the game is different and the story is not too predictable. Strike Force sounds awesome on paper and it could have been if it had been executed a bit better. The AI for allies is poor, you often have to direct them to one area and then do everything yourself.

When it comes to multiplayer, Infinity Ward has always been stronger with a more innovative and addictive multiplayer mode that adds depth to the franchise. Infected and Kill Confirmed especially in Modern Warfare 3. Theatre Mode sucks, it doesn't save all recent gameplays and you can only view them as clips but hopefully Treyarch will fix that. There are obviously new stuff you would expect such as guns, perks and scorestreaks. Pick 10 system is the best system in the franchise for class customization. It changes the way you play the game so instead of having to choose a grenade, you can replace it with another attachment if that's what you prefer. Wildcards cost one point each, they break the normal rules of creating a class, which allows you to select an additional perk. Three wildcards can be used in a loadout at a time which lets you select a perk from Tier 1, 2 or 3. The Pick 10 systems lets you choose 10 elements to make up a loadout and this is a system that should be used in future titles. Good thing about small maps is that the gameplay is paced faster so that shouldn't be a negative aspect, although the multiplayer map designs aren't the best in Black Ops II. CODCast is an innovative feature which allows you stream via YouTube if making YouTube video is one of your hobbies, which it is for many people. There may be a lot of little kids online but children these days don't play games that are age appropriate. Does that mean the franchise is bad? Hell, no! Kids play Grand Theft Auto and Halo but I don't hear any complaints about that. They may ruin the multiplayer experience but it's no one's fault but the parent who is responsible for the content that their child plays and watch.

Zombies comes with two new modes as well as Survival, Tranzit and Grief. Grief supports 8 players, 4 players per team, and the team wins if at least one of their players is the last one to survive. Tranzit mode is basically a combination of multiple maps and the only way to travel is by bus, as you might have seen in the trailer. Zombie is good fun and these are fun new modes if you want to play more than just Survival. Lava encourages you not to stand in one place, like you could do in previous titles featuring zombies, and it makes it more challenging but it's also annoying. When you get hit by a zombie a few times, you would often run into a lava and you could die. Still, you die and try again in many video games. Zombie is still the best aspect of Black Ops. Graphics isn't everything and it doesn't have to look the best, the franchise isn't really known for having the best graphics, but it's still good enough for the standard of modern games. They use the same engine from Black Ops and improved it but because Infinity Ward uses a newer engine for their Call of Duty games, Modern Warfare 3 looks better.
  13. Jan 20, 2013
    COD. A series which has been around for a while. Gets alot of love and hate. I'm not a fan of COD so I wasn't exactly being so "I CAN'T WAIT!" I got hold of the game when I seen it for 40 bucks. Jumping into the campaign, I realized amazing graphics in the cutscenes. I also seen Treyarch attempting to make it fresh, with story decisions and stuff like that. The campaign is simple, shootCOD. A series which has been around for a while. Gets alot of love and hate. I'm not a fan of COD so I wasn't exactly being so "I CAN'T WAIT!" I got hold of the game when I seen it for 40 bucks. Jumping into the campaign, I realized amazing graphics in the cutscenes. I also seen Treyarch attempting to make it fresh, with story decisions and stuff like that. The campaign is simple, shoot shoot, strategy strategy, shoot shoot decision decision, repeat. Zombies still remains at the top of the food chain (no pun intended) with new characters, a system with all maps in one game mode and a bank. Multiplayer is the same, with your diamond camos. This isn't bad, as I admit I spent alot of time on the multiplayer. If you like FPS games then buy this. If you dont, then play this somewhere else and see how it is. 7/10. Expand
  14. Feb 13, 2013
    Campaign is alright but nothing special. Multiplayer is complete garbage, often leaving me in disbelief of how I had just died. Hunter killers? Really? How the hell are we supposed to see that garbage coming? BO1 was good, but this game is complete garbage. Don't waste your time, money, or your longevity of your life (it will raise your blood pressure through the roof).
  15. Feb 16, 2013
    The Campaign is probably the Best in the entire COD series. But the Mulitplaer is nothing but the same.
    Cheap kills, Campers, Head glitches, Hackers, Spammers, and much more makes the Mulitplayer Just the same it has been for the past 5 years. Just some new perks, Guns, and grenades.
    All the semi assault rifles are overpowered, Shotguns require no skill, and Quckscoping is back. Yay *sarcastic.* Zombies is improved from Black ops 1. Almost all the bugs from the first are fixed. It also has it's own Campaign. The maps are awesome and are better than the ones in Black ops 1. The Season Pass is just retarded. It cost's 60 Dollars and is activation's way of saying, you bought our 60 dollar game, Now spend 60 dollars more to actually get all the content.

Don't get this game if you're looking for a good multiplayer. But if you want this game for the story or zombies. Go right ahead.
  16. Apr 25, 2013
    "All in all it's just another brick in the wall..."
  17. Apr 27, 2013
    While definitely not as good as the previous Black Ops, this game is undeniably more polished and functional. They've taken out things people hated like second chance, and added in some interesting things like the MMS to multiplayer. Single player is your average CoD campaign- pretty bland. Zombies mode is less fun but is a step away from previous levels and is more challenging. It justWhile definitely not as good as the previous Black Ops, this game is undeniably more polished and functional. They've taken out things people hated like second chance, and added in some interesting things like the MMS to multiplayer. Single player is your average CoD campaign- pretty bland. Zombies mode is less fun but is a step away from previous levels and is more challenging. It just isn't as fun.
    The Strike Force missions are fun though. I feel people who compain CoD never changes aren't looking at it objectively.
  18. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is truly addictive. IMO it's best played with friends. CoD Black Ops 2 is such as fast pace game that the smallest Latency or Lag (which occurs in all online MP games) is a bit frustrating since at times it can effect the players precision and skill. However, overall this game is excellent and the less skilled players who are unable to adapt when latency issues occur areThis game is truly addictive. IMO it's best played with friends. CoD Black Ops 2 is such as fast pace game that the smallest Latency or Lag (which occurs in all online MP games) is a bit frustrating since at times it can effect the players precision and skill. However, overall this game is excellent and the less skilled players who are unable to adapt when latency issues occur are usually the ones hating on the game. Expand
  19. May 14, 2013
    Now, I'm not just a Call of duty hater. I think at times the series is entertaining and is a joy with actual friends. I mean that by friends you can talk to, without headphones. I guess the most positive thing I can say about this game is that it's real fun to play with other people, I recommend playing with others so you can at least try to socialize with people. The negative comments INow, I'm not just a Call of duty hater. I think at times the series is entertaining and is a joy with actual friends. I mean that by friends you can talk to, without headphones. I guess the most positive thing I can say about this game is that it's real fun to play with other people, I recommend playing with others so you can at least try to socialize with people. The negative comments I have for this game is mainly my lack of care for this game. I just don't find anything interesting in this game, which I think sums up my opinion about this game. It's fun with friends, but quite boring without anyone to play with. By now you probably yelling about how I don't talk about the multiplayer, I just don't personally like it, in this game at least. My ending statement is: this game is fun with friends, but is really boring without others to play with. Expand
  20. Jun 10, 2013
    This is what I think about Black Ops II. I think that It had a good story line, some really cool added features to the campaign like a more diverse custom load-out, and the Multiplayer was better then the Vanilla Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer. I think that the point system was great. It allowed people not to become over-powered and you could choose what you wanted with the consequence ofThis is what I think about Black Ops II. I think that It had a good story line, some really cool added features to the campaign like a more diverse custom load-out, and the Multiplayer was better then the Vanilla Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer. I think that the point system was great. It allowed people not to become over-powered and you could choose what you wanted with the consequence of not being allowed as much stuff. I enjoyed the scorestreak better then I enjoyed the killstreak. It allowed my to appreciate the points that I got on the screen a lot more for getting kills with a hellstorm missile. The story-line was the best Call of Duty story-line since CoD4 (I kid you not). The maor problems I had were the not-so-necessary missions (killing people with your machete) and the unlock tokens. I believe that if you earned it, then it should come automatically to you instead of picking and choosing what you want. Everyone saying custom emblems suck because people make d*cks and such out of them, everyone who is immature is prone to do something like that in any customization system. I give it an 8/10 because of the major step head of the previous game. Oh, I forgot to mention the Zombies and the endless fun that brought to me. Expand
  21. Jun 9, 2013
    HONESTLY IT DOES HURT THE GAME INDUSTRY THAT THESE REDUNDANT COD GAMES SELL 30MIL COPPIES EACH. People buy 20-30mil copies of CoD and miss out on truly unique games like metro 2033 or the darkness 2 and these are in the same genre they are FPS's and damn good too. How many people can say they truly bought call of duty black ops AND Metro 2033 Not many if any and at least metro is an FPSHONESTLY IT DOES HURT THE GAME INDUSTRY THAT THESE REDUNDANT COD GAMES SELL 30MIL COPPIES EACH. People buy 20-30mil copies of CoD and miss out on truly unique games like metro 2033 or the darkness 2 and these are in the same genre they are FPS's and damn good too. How many people can say they truly bought call of duty black ops AND Metro 2033 Not many if any and at least metro is an FPS too. Can anyone say black op2 was actually pound for pound better than Deus Ex H.R.? Now i don't always agree with critics but even they thought deus ex was much better than black ops2 and look how deus ex sells maybe 2 million including pc and Call of doody black oops2 sells 10 times that on xbox alone. Even worse a great immersive FPS with ten times the heart and story Metro 2033 sells under 500,000 copies, yes it sold in the ball park of four hundred thousand copies...shameful that a quality game like that sells all together less than what CoD sells in one day. Is this because CoD blows ops2 is soooooo much better than metro....? NO, it is not but brain washed sheep buy the same game with the same engine in it with the same graphics every single year, they just change the name or put a creative (1),(2),or (3) next to it and the lambs come running to shell out 60$ instead of getting a truly unique experience and maybe having some taste or style or any uniqueness of your own. Even a mega hit multiplatform game that in my opinion might be the best of all time the vaunted "Fallout 3" pales in comparison with around 8mil sold while each CoD game more than triples those sales. Can even a CoD fan name any CoD game that even comes close to being as great as Fallout 3....wait i forgot to say that modernwarfare 2 doesn't count........just kidding that would be too cruel because that is what you were gonna say right CoD fanboy you original gamer you, and i bet you play CoD on your XBOX too how original and i bet you don't even play the 4hr campaign do you? All you 14yr olds and 40yr olds alike just grab a slim jim, take a swig of Monster if you are 14 and of course Budweiser if you are 40 and start on that CoD multiplayer with all that great story and non repetitive MP gameplay, of course you do this while waiting in anticipation for bungie's next sterile, super unique( i.e. halo 3 odst) game. Oh wait bungie is actually doing something good now (i.e. Destiny) so i guess 343 or whatever their name is will be copy and pasting a new label on the same old halo game, but at least halo doesnt come out twice a year. Good luck on not being as good as Battlefield 4 Call of Doody Ghosts (scary ghosts) but hey there are enough dumb people out there so you will outsell them even with last gen graphics and the same exact engine as model warfare. Greedy, Greedy Activision shoveling crap and calling it caviar when will you stop buying it. Expand
  22. Jun 22, 2013
    The campaign is what's to be expected from a Call of Duty game even though I felt the past installment was way more exciting. The multiplayer is just as addicting and fun as it has been in the past. Upgrades and unlock ables keep you going like normal.
  23. Jul 9, 2013
    In Modern Battlefield 4, 3 different exciting(not very) modes await.
    The campaign is full of lovable characters such as Dimitri Reznov and Nikolai Mason(this is confirmed)
    With a Linear story line is full of guns bullets and america what more could you ask for?(alot) The zombies mode breathes new fresh(dead) air into the gameplay. After playing the new Red Run Mode you play as Samuel
    In Modern Battlefield 4, 3 different exciting(not very) modes await.
    The zombies mode breathes new fresh(dead) air into the gameplay. After playing the new Red Run Mode you play as Samuel Stoolhinger Bill Cosby Mitchell Musso and Vanessa Hudgens. After getting onto a train full of zombies you ride to the safety of perk machines and More. In the New Alcatraz of the dead game mode you play as Sally DeSuca, The Sneasel, Finnick Washington, And Billy Clem After ''completing'' daedulus you're trapped on the golden gate and can only kill yourself um....10/10 story.
    The Multiplayer re-defines the word fps. With a Galore of players sitting in corners with Machine guns fixed with a target finder to provide -100% recoil its a very balanced experience. With Snipers that run in your face to kill you with 1 bullet to people with shotguns sleeping in corners every match feels like a new start.
    Overall with A Great Linear Campaign 0/10
    Balanced Multiplayer 0/10
    And a Refined Zombies Mode 0/1000000

I Give it a 10/10 Because I'm Idiot
  24. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is just awful. I really wanted to get into it, but I just couldn't. It's the same tired formula they used in black ops, and it's even less enjoyable than mw3. The single player campaign is awful, the game gives you auto-aim, so you don't even have to try when playing, and it still uses the same engine it's been using for so many years now. Call of Duty has essentially been turnedThis game is just awful. I really wanted to get into it, but I just couldn't. It's the same tired formula they used in black ops, and it's even less enjoyable than mw3. The single player campaign is awful, the game gives you auto-aim, so you don't even have to try when playing, and it still uses the same engine it's been using for so many years now. Call of Duty has essentially been turned into a medicore cash cow over the years, shame. Expand
  25. Nov 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You knew it, we all knew it, even they knew it!! Haha finally even the fanboys admit it, COD is dead. Those of us who have had the games from the very first , who can remember the pc cod 2 and its glorious entrance and even MW before that got horribly messed up in Mw2- the glory days are over. COD I salute you- but like that old warhorse you loved it's time to lead it down the path to the barn and put your gun to your shoulder, say your last goodbye, and with something like sorrow out the barrel to its head and put it out of its misery. Thanks for everything cod, it's a shame you didn't go out in style. This game is the cenotaph, the ugly reminder of what should never have been, surpassed by so many and now consigned to mediocrity. For those of you who bought it, for shame- you surely saw Bo and realised that unless you were 12 with ADHD this game was nothing like its predecessor? Surely you saw the signs. Thank god I didn't pay for it, what a fitting reminder of how the mighty can fall. Sleep well now cod, and god bless. Xx Expand
  26. Nov 14, 2012
    I don´t know why this game is so critised by the people. This game comes with the best multiplayer of this year, the most complete and it brings hours and hours of entertainment. The zombies are, in my opinion, the best alter-mode of a game in all history. I think it´s the best mode of this game for playing with friends.
    The campaing mode is amazing too, like all the other of
    The campaing mode is amazing too, like all the other of call of duty. For me, the best campaing was Black Ops 1, and this is as interesting and as exciting as the first black ops.

In conclusion, my final conclusion of this game:

The best: Hundreds and thousands of hours of entertainment at multiplayer and at zombies. The movie mode in zombies is amazing. The campaing mode is also incredible.
    The worst: Now, so much bugs to matchmaking at multiplayer. Graphics a bit bad in 2012. Games like MOH Warfighter, BTF 3 or Crysis 2 have so much better graphics than this game.
  27. Nov 14, 2012
    I have to give Treyarch HUGE props for this game. They improved everything about the first one and created one of the best FPS experiences ever! The multiplayer is simply incredible, it runs at a smooth 60fps and looks great. Even on opening day and night I really didn't even have problems with the game servers. People would drop out of the party sometimes, but to be expected. The perksI have to give Treyarch HUGE props for this game. They improved everything about the first one and created one of the best FPS experiences ever! The multiplayer is simply incredible, it runs at a smooth 60fps and looks great. Even on opening day and night I really didn't even have problems with the game servers. People would drop out of the party sometimes, but to be expected. The perks and leaving system have been overhauled and I love that they switched the KILLstreaks to SCOREstreaks now, it gives you credit for doing other things in objective based games other than killing people. It should have been done long ago. I really think that Treyarch has surpassed Infinity Ward now in the COD series. I will never go back. Expand
  28. Nov 14, 2012
    I gave this game a 9 because too many are bashing this game. I mean really what did you expect a next gen game that's not even possible until the new consoles arrive and even then it will have to be tweaked before we have a game that runs as smooth as COD titles. They are similar but I have played only multiplayer and I believe it is the best and most balanced online experience I've hadI gave this game a 9 because too many are bashing this game. I mean really what did you expect a next gen game that's not even possible until the new consoles arrive and even then it will have to be tweaked before we have a game that runs as smooth as COD titles. They are similar but I have played only multiplayer and I believe it is the best and most balanced online experience I've had with any COD lightyears beyond MW3 which I liked as well. If you hate COD why do you buy it every year? I'm a BF fan as well but I don't get bored as quick with CoD. They are different games all together with a unique feel to each. I believe CoD games are either loved or hated but it is still good. Stop buying it but I really want all you noobs to keep getting it so I can shred you guys up and help my stats. I don't care about team play if no one else does because I mute all anyways. Campaign I'm sure sucks and I'll just play for the trophies. The zombies I really never got into even on the first game I'll give it a try but I don't think it will draw me in too much. One last thing that I do like about Cod is they don't charge you for a ten dollars just to play online like most games these days and that matters to me because I have two PS3s and I hate to always have to pay for a pass for my son. So get and just have fun or sell it and don't buy the products anymore. It is obviously a great franchise just look at the sales and the need for some to hate it. I love it gets a 9 from me just for the multiplayer. JUST HAVE FUN!! Hit me up my username on here is the same as my PSN ID Expand
  29. Nov 13, 2012
    Poor attempt on Black Ops 2. I feel as if I have played this game before and then I remembered... it is exactly the same as the last 3 Call of Duty titles. The player base is still made up of 12 year old boys with squeaky voices. I want to smash my Playstation after only half an hour. And then there is the Xbox exclusive crap that PS3 and PC gamers have to deal with every month asPoor attempt on Black Ops 2. I feel as if I have played this game before and then I remembered... it is exactly the same as the last 3 Call of Duty titles. The player base is still made up of 12 year old boys with squeaky voices. I want to smash my Playstation after only half an hour. And then there is the Xbox exclusive crap that PS3 and PC gamers have to deal with every month as exclusives are cruelly withheld from loyal and paying customers. I strongly recommend you look elsewhere for your FPS urges. If you are on PC, have a look into CS:GO or CoD4 as those two games still have that shine to them as aren't filled with BS gimmicks that are sure to make you smash your hard earned possessions. Expand
  30. Nov 13, 2012
    This time COD has shipped with an insurmountable number of bugs in both singleplayer and multiplayer. I have had to restart my playstation numerous times due to freezes and have had to deal with disconnects/lag with common occurrence. All the "new additions" are overhyped and do not even impact gameplay greatly along with the "futuristic" setting. To be honest we need to stop buying thisThis time COD has shipped with an insurmountable number of bugs in both singleplayer and multiplayer. I have had to restart my playstation numerous times due to freezes and have had to deal with disconnects/lag with common occurrence. All the "new additions" are overhyped and do not even impact gameplay greatly along with the "futuristic" setting. To be honest we need to stop buying this yearly cash grab it's not getting better that's for sure Expand
  31. Nov 13, 2012
    This is the worst game i have ever played, why did they ruin this series!!!!!!! I used to like it, MW3 was bad so i though this will be bettter but it wasn't, i'm sad, i i used to like this game series but now i hate, i really hate it with a passion, this game is bad, stop lying to yourselfs and go buy a real game.
  32. Nov 13, 2012
    I hated the last COD, I thought it was a boring turd but when I saw Robert Downey Jr. in the commercial for BOII, I had to get it. I mean, if Bob says there's a soldier in all of us, there must be. Well bob was wrong, never have a felt so betrayed. This game is a bigger turd than the last one. The graphics blow (are we in 2005 people?), the story is played out and I'm convinced I spentI hated the last COD, I thought it was a boring turd but when I saw Robert Downey Jr. in the commercial for BOII, I had to get it. I mean, if Bob says there's a soldier in all of us, there must be. Well bob was wrong, never have a felt so betrayed. This game is a bigger turd than the last one. The graphics blow (are we in 2005 people?), the story is played out and I'm convinced I spent the night playing against a bunch of 11 year olds - how can you feel good about beating kids whose balls haven't dropped? This is the same old **** just a different day. Expand
  33. Nov 13, 2012
    The way you're supposed to rate a game is how much fun you have playing it, and this is still fun. I'll be the first to admit that the franchise is showing its age but that's the only huge bad thing about this game. The campaign is the same style and pacing, with twists and turns, almost like a highlight reel. If you loved or hated it before, your opinion probably isn't going to change.The way you're supposed to rate a game is how much fun you have playing it, and this is still fun. I'll be the first to admit that the franchise is showing its age but that's the only huge bad thing about this game. The campaign is the same style and pacing, with twists and turns, almost like a highlight reel. If you loved or hated it before, your opinion probably isn't going to change. The multiplayer is as good as it has been since the original Modern Warfare. The zombies, though a little overwhelming at first, is a huge step and will be for a lot of people the most appealing thing about this game. I expected the User Rating of BLOPS2 to be less than 5 because of all these trolls, but this is ridiculous. People say if you like COD then you must be on the bandwagon. Well, you trolls have your own bandwagon. Sure, we've seen some of this before, but you need to rate a game based on the fun you have playing it, and this game gets a solid 9. Expand
  34. Nov 13, 2012
    Another Year, another call of duty and another boat load of whiney people. When you play call of duty, you should know what your getting into. Yes the game plays just like previous versions but there are tons of small improvements that make the game better than previous versions such as color, sounds, lobby connections and even custom classes. People who judge the game for using the sameAnother Year, another call of duty and another boat load of whiney people. When you play call of duty, you should know what your getting into. Yes the game plays just like previous versions but there are tons of small improvements that make the game better than previous versions such as color, sounds, lobby connections and even custom classes. People who judge the game for using the same engine obviously are not real gamers. Gamers do not care about grapgics, yes its a nice touch but overall its not that important, I still see people playing NES games in this day of age, and we all know how terrible 8 bit games look, give your head a shake people, graphics is not the importance of all games. The fact that this series gets trolled because of repeation, I am sorry but there are very few games that stand out . There is always a game that you can compare to another game for rip offs. Besides, mario games and zelda games tend to be the same almost every time a new one is released but those continue to recieve 9 or 10 from critics and fans. if you enjoy a series, enjoy it. Dont bash them because you "Feel" That its the same game, trust me, I have eyes and can clearly see the amount of changes this game has to offer. This cod is already better then any other cods I have played, mostly because of the lack of online issues and overall smoothness of the menus. There in all honesty would have been nothing that could have been done to make these Trollers happy. Black ops 2 is a big step from the crap that was mw3. If anyone who was actually a cod fan, they knew what they were getting into. Giving this game a 0 is basically riding the troll train to loser ville. Stop bashing a game that is actually a decent time to play, dont like it? Give valid reasons instead of repeating the same thing over the last 4 games. No one seems to complain that there is a new NFL, NHL or FIFA game. Talk about using the same engine in a game yet no one bashes it. The verdict is that cod is the cool thing to troll so whatever. If you want a honest opinion from someone who has been gaming since 3 years of age . This game is good and doesnt deserve the amount of **** it gets on this site. Expand
  35. Nov 13, 2012
    Once again, we have been fed the same repetitive, outdated, low-tech rubbish Activision feed us every year. During gameplay, we're introduced to a few characters of whom I couldn't care less about as well as the now boring COD:MP. Let this franchise did already Acti.
  36. Nov 13, 2012
    Don't see why all the hate. If you haven't honestly played it, don't add a bad review to it. Love the new zombie mode and the new gameplay mechanics on multiplayer with the pick ten. Feel like it will be implemented soon in other FPS games.
  37. Nov 14, 2012
    Let's be honest here. COD4: Modern Warfare was great, new, exciting, fun to play, etc... World at War was a nice attempt to stay in WW II. MW 2 started to become a copy with some extra's, but still ok and since then it all went down in a massive downfall. Come'on, what is the difference between CoD: MW 2, COD: BO, CoD MW 3 and apparently CoD BO II? Nothing, except the environment. TheyLet's be honest here. COD4: Modern Warfare was great, new, exciting, fun to play, etc... World at War was a nice attempt to stay in WW II. MW 2 started to become a copy with some extra's, but still ok and since then it all went down in a massive downfall. Come'on, what is the difference between CoD: MW 2, COD: BO, CoD MW 3 and apparently CoD BO II? Nothing, except the environment. They were allready re-using the same game for 3 years now....
    Seriously, anyone who bought the game and is complaining about it that it isn't new, should smack themselfs in the head. It's what was to be expected... What did you think? Quick cash for the developers and you just gave it to them. Probably half of the complainers now will be buying CoD MW 4 too :-)
  38. Nov 17, 2012
    I see a 4.2 rating with 146 people saying its terrible, but me personally I really like it. I thought the new guns were pretty good and a hour in on campaign it's also really good, multiplayer and the new maps are also really cool but the zombie maps do suck and are small. And trust me it takes so much to please me I barley ever give a 10 rating, I buy just about every new release that'sI see a 4.2 rating with 146 people saying its terrible, but me personally I really like it. I thought the new guns were pretty good and a hour in on campaign it's also really good, multiplayer and the new maps are also really cool but the zombie maps do suck and are small. And trust me it takes so much to please me I barley ever give a 10 rating, I buy just about every new release that's is suppose to be good and I was very disappointed with madden 13, NHL 13, resident evil 6 and even pretty disappointed with assassins creed 3 also because of the slow start so when I played BO 2 I was kinda like about time a good game came out this year, now maybe it's not wat ppl expected I don't know, I think cuz mw3 and blacks ops was so good they expected something amazing but overall I give it a 8-9 on the game itself not wat u expected. Buy some new releases there's been so many terrible games this year it's not funny, I actually feel ripped off after playing certain games there so terrible so when I play a game like this I'm very pleased. Btw I been a COD fan since day one Ive owned and played every COD game from ps1 to Ps3 and I'm not disappointed in BO2 at all I recommend it to any one Expand
  39. Nov 16, 2012
    Poor linear offering, with nothing new to offer and tired format, what new additions there are only detract from the experience, going to trade fro Farcry 3, never again
  40. Nov 17, 2012
    Tired of it ! This game is not even an update ! Nor a downgrade, it is just the same as all the call of duty's since COD 4 !! Time to change guys ! This million business must stop !! This is starting to be like FIFA !! Graphics same, gameplay same, new guns are camo's of old guns .. luckily the maps are a bit different and futuristic (they have too, I think they squeezed every single spotTired of it ! This game is not even an update ! Nor a downgrade, it is just the same as all the call of duty's since COD 4 !! Time to change guys ! This million business must stop !! This is starting to be like FIFA !! Graphics same, gameplay same, new guns are camo's of old guns .. luckily the maps are a bit different and futuristic (they have too, I think they squeezed every single spot on the planet, let's go alien style ! ) What's next ? Call Of Duty: Alien Warfare Expand
  41. Nov 13, 2012
    Singleplayer: short, very predictable, has no interesting plot what so ever. Multiplayer & zombies: Same as former CoD's. A new UI, some new weapons and perks and voila, Activision got herself a brand new game!
  42. Nov 14, 2012
    This Game deserves a 9 over 10 but because of all the improper, false, unrealistic, nooby made reviews i hade to give it a 10 to boost the overall all score. Black ops 2 is by far the second best call of duty since Call of duty 4: modern warfare. Single player offers so much as well as the multiplayer. Zombie mode has modes in them which gives it a much more lasting appeal. The game givesThis Game deserves a 9 over 10 but because of all the improper, false, unrealistic, nooby made reviews i hade to give it a 10 to boost the overall all score. Black ops 2 is by far the second best call of duty since Call of duty 4: modern warfare. Single player offers so much as well as the multiplayer. Zombie mode has modes in them which gives it a much more lasting appeal. The game gives so much variety and fun. I undoubtedly recommend this game to any True FPS Fan. This Game Is truly what the fans asked for and Treyarch has given it to us. I was always an infinity ward fan but since West and Zampella left Mw3 sucked and Mw2 was a nice arcade style shooter But To Date COD4 Is still and most probably be The best call of duty in the series (especially on pc cuz of the mods:P) Expand
  43. Nov 17, 2012
    I borrowed this game from my cousin, after he got sick of it. The campaign is typical, what you would expect from these games, one thing that bothered me is that the game looked rough, considering it runs on an old engine, I know graphics doesnt make the game but its 2012, the ps3 is capable of over 200flops, and i want a game to look the part. I really lucked out on not buying this game.I borrowed this game from my cousin, after he got sick of it. The campaign is typical, what you would expect from these games, one thing that bothered me is that the game looked rough, considering it runs on an old engine, I know graphics doesnt make the game but its 2012, the ps3 is capable of over 200flops, and i want a game to look the part. I really lucked out on not buying this game. I just want cutting edge experience from my games and all we got this year was hype, gimmicks and bad endings. Where did the heart go? Expand
  44. Nov 15, 2012
    Wasn't sure how Black Ops 2 was going to turn out and I almost had decided that I didn't want it. I ended up receiving it as a gift and was hesitant to distract myself from other games I had been playing and try it out. I sat down with it and was very impressed by the storyline, it's as intense and action-packed as Call of Duty games should be and it has ascended to a new peak inWasn't sure how Black Ops 2 was going to turn out and I almost had decided that I didn't want it. I ended up receiving it as a gift and was hesitant to distract myself from other games I had been playing and try it out. I sat down with it and was very impressed by the storyline, it's as intense and action-packed as Call of Duty games should be and it has ascended to a new peak in story-telling in CoD games with the multiple endings and decision making. There are some things I didn't like a lot, like the strikeforce missions. They were too difficult and I just ended up not playing any of them, but other than that I love the single player and plan to play it again to get the rest of the endings. I just barely scraped multiplayer this morning but it seems to be the same fast-paced frag fest that we all know and love from the CoD series, except with its own revamped spin on things. I love everything about Black Ops 2 so far, and I feel like it's the CoD game we deserved last year instead of Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer's failure. I am still extremely impressed at how Treyarch can continue to surprise and impress me while still using the same old engine they have been. I can't imagine them being able to do so for many more games, though. Anyway, I think Black Ops 2 is a fantastic game even if it's the same formula as it has been for the past few years. I recommend you pick it up if you liked Black Ops 1. Expand
  45. Nov 22, 2012
    The only reason I am giving Black Ops II a 3 out of 10 is because I really enjoyed Campaign Mode AKA The Story. Everything else though seems to be a mess. The online multiplayer seems broken the extent that someone could tell me that it wasn't finished being developed and I would believe them. If you play online multiplayer be warned, you will not see things play out the same way yourThe only reason I am giving Black Ops II a 3 out of 10 is because I really enjoyed Campaign Mode AKA The Story. Everything else though seems to be a mess. The online multiplayer seems broken the extent that someone could tell me that it wasn't finished being developed and I would believe them. If you play online multiplayer be warned, you will not see things play out the same way your enemies do. The lag compensation system in this game will cause a slight delay for players with a fast internet connection to supposedly make things more even, IT DOES NOT. This system will allow an enemy that rounds a corner right in front of you to kill you before you can even pull the trigger. There are also times when you will empty most of your clip into the enemy only to have them turn around and put you down with one or two bullets. I've had matches where I have put 4 buckshot rounds into the enemy's face at point blank range only to get killed by their shotgun in 1 shot. If your internet connection is good don't be surprised if on kill confirmed you go 10K-30D+ because of this atrocious lag compensator that rewards players for having horrible internet connections. Most if not all of the people giving good reviews of this game have DSL or lower quality of internet connection guaranteed. I have been playing Call of Duty since World at War came out in 2008 and did well (2.0+ Kill death Ratio) at them until Modern Warfare 3 and this new creature that they have released. With this game I currently have a 0.88 KDR which I must say is horrible to say the least. I have decided that I will no longer buy any Activision/Blizzard/Treyarch/InfinityWard games as I have lost confidence in their ability to create a fair and unbiased product. Next November hit them where it really hurts. Their pocketbooks. Expand
  46. Feb 19, 2013
    Lag Compensation kills Multiplayer. If you havent heard of it its the framerate/timeframe when your shooting enemies it gives them a chance to kill you even if you have already been shooting them.
  47. Nov 18, 2012
    They cut out all the gore from the SP-campaign, the german sync is the worst I experienced for a long time (without being able to switch it to original in the AT-Version) and the graphics are incredibly poor for todays standards (Shadows are sometimes shown in big squares, grass looks poor, animations look strange etc). Story is boring as hell and in the end its just a playable multiplayerThey cut out all the gore from the SP-campaign, the german sync is the worst I experienced for a long time (without being able to switch it to original in the AT-Version) and the graphics are incredibly poor for todays standards (Shadows are sometimes shown in big squares, grass looks poor, animations look strange etc). Story is boring as hell and in the end its just a playable multiplayer left with nothing more than a good class-editor. Damn, treyarch really messed up the sequel of the more atmospheric Black Ops 1. Update: I'm more ****** than before. Treyarch reset my online-stats with the latest patch, THX ALOT! Next thing is, that I finally ended the campaign-mode, started a new one and now I am not allowed to replay the all missions to get the missed trophies. This really makes me sick, I am going to resell it the next days. Has treyarch ever tested this game and thought: Oh no, this won't **** anyone off? Expand
  48. Nov 13, 2012
    In my modest opinion, this game is a big meh. Graphics are pretty bad if we take as a reference some other games as Battlefield 3 or Uncharted. Enemy IA is as bad as usual. The campaign, as far as I've played it, looks a bit forced an unbeliveable, bringing back characters just because they felt like doing it, but this may be as well due to the huge dissapointment that the graphicsIn my modest opinion, this game is a big meh. Graphics are pretty bad if we take as a reference some other games as Battlefield 3 or Uncharted. Enemy IA is as bad as usual. The campaign, as far as I've played it, looks a bit forced an unbeliveable, bringing back characters just because they felt like doing it, but this may be as well due to the huge dissapointment that the graphics provoqued on me. Seriously. They are unworthy for a late 2012 game. But there are some features that I liked: the option to change the equalizer is interesting, and also, at least in Spanish version, the sound has been greatly improved since BO (where it was terrible, with big changes of volume between cinematics and gameplay and even missing cinematic sounds). I enjoyed, too, being able to choose my pickup before some missions, making it more customizable than previous CoD games.

Obviously the strong point of the game is the multiplayer. But the multiplayer is very similar to the BO1 multiplayer. I felt like there were no innovation, excepting the killstreaks, which are pretty cool, and the way to get them (instead of a certain number of kills, you have to get a certain amount of points. For example, if you make more headshots, you will have the streaks faster). I really liked this feature, since it feels a bit innovative and easier but not too easy.

The maps, despite of the graphics (altough in multiplayer I understand a non-greatness in this aspect) and since I always praise post-apocalyptic dystopian scenarios, are amusing, beautiful and well designed. The spawns are OK, much better than in MW3.

The weapons are a mix between BO1 and MW3; different names but identical functionality and usage. There aren't very OP weapons, but they insist to maintain the akimbos in some weapons. The sound of the weapons is, as the spawn, OK but much better than in MW3, and they look good.

In the aspect of customization, it is a stereotypical MW, but with some differences which make it feels refreshed. For example, you can customize a class with 10 "objects" at most. "objects" include weapons, weapon sights, grenades and perks like marathon and stuff.

They kept the cinema mode. This is just great if you want to watch and edit videos, a really good feature as it was on BO1.

TL;DR: A good game; not innovative in some aspects but it tries to refresh the way you play, pretty **** graphics and a meh campaign. 7/10 and not worth 65
  49. Nov 13, 2012
    same engine. same graphics..animation..... Only reskin which is different. Better story than last but it's still very boring and repetitive. I would not recommend this game to anyone. ALSO it's full of 12 year olds playing this game.
  50. Nov 13, 2012
    this game is not fun. i personally don't care i am not buying any more call of duty games. this is the final straw MW3 then this. this is absolute horse crap. the graphics are so bad that i feel like it is the same as the original modern warfare. i loved the original black ops too. the gameplay is about as bad as MW3's with no good new features. and the multiplayer is buggy laggy and justthis game is not fun. i personally don't care i am not buying any more call of duty games. this is the final straw MW3 then this. this is absolute horse crap. the graphics are so bad that i feel like it is the same as the original modern warfare. i loved the original black ops too. the gameplay is about as bad as MW3's with no good new features. and the multiplayer is buggy laggy and just impossible to deal with. being randomly disconnected is a pain. then if you try and play in a group it doesn't work because you can't join lobbies for some reason. i don't think this game should have the privilege of being released. it's not fun to play and is just plain bad. im going to return this tomorrow. this is where i draw the line. Expand
  51. Nov 14, 2012
    Better than MW3 but still a mess. The campaign is somewhat decent and the create a class system is a breath of fresh air however it's all for naught as they have made aiming down the sight pointless. SMG weapons now have a huge accuracy making all other weapons obsolete and ruining any fun to be had. The maps had potential but where ruined by placement of barrels and random cover nearBetter than MW3 but still a mess. The campaign is somewhat decent and the create a class system is a breath of fresh air however it's all for naught as they have made aiming down the sight pointless. SMG weapons now have a huge accuracy making all other weapons obsolete and ruining any fun to be had. The maps had potential but where ruined by placement of barrels and random cover near doorways and alleys to make sure that camping is encouraged. The only thing worse than the game is it's community who are presently "Learning the maps" by hiding behind every doorway and wall with an SMG to smite you down with an instant kill. The game is having a lot of connection problems on PS3, it's community are cancer and the game is generally broken. I suggest waiting until the masses trade it back in as they do every year to get it cheaper. This game is worth £20. Expand
  52. Nov 14, 2012
    I will give this a 0 just because i cant put it in minus figures biggest pile of rubbish ive ever played and i didnt think things could get any worse than mw3
  53. Nov 16, 2012
    In my opinion (duh seeing as this is a review), most folks who get online to write a review of something usually don't do it unless they feel compelled to do it out of anger. They're so angry about their experience that they feel the need to vent by writing a scathing review as a form of catharsis. Critics are paid to review games. They don't get the luxury of writing a review only whenIn my opinion (duh seeing as this is a review), most folks who get online to write a review of something usually don't do it unless they feel compelled to do it out of anger. They're so angry about their experience that they feel the need to vent by writing a scathing review as a form of catharsis. Critics are paid to review games. They don't get the luxury of writing a review only when they feel cheated. If they all had a positive experience, the consensus is mostly positive. that's just how it goes. When it comes to a game like Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, gamer opinions cannot be more polarized.

As a gamer, I can't make myself hate this game no matter how much the Internet tells me to hate it. I enjoy thought-provoking and story-driven games as much as the next person, but Call of Duty has always held a soft spot in my heart. i went to college and my best buddies went to other schools, but Call of Duty has always been there allowing us to hang out on the couch together via headset. To be honest, I bought the game mostly for the zombie mode. That has always been our bread and butter when we played online together, and Treyarch really improved on it with this iteration. It mixes it up with "Tranzit" and "Grief" by making it more open and adding in team-based competition while still retaining the parts that made it so fun to play with the classic "Survival" mode. We always joked around about our zombie strategies if the apocalypse ever happened and Black Ops 2 lets us put our strategies into practice. The single player campaign is also fun to play. The story in the Black Ops series has always been more interesting to me than the Modern Warfare series. Menendez, the primary antagonist, is probably one of the most layered villains of the series because you often empathize with him and hate him at the same time. The voice acting is great and the sound in general has improved since the last game and is almost on par with Battlefield in sound design. The graphics are pretty much the same as it's always been, which is fine. If it's not broken, don't fix it. However, if you have a 3D TV, I highly recommend playing it in 3D. It's a blast. The only problem I have with the campaign is the inclusion of the new "strike force" missions. Alternating between top-down RTS views and traditional first-person, it's drastically different than anything Call of Duty has done before. However, it's a bit spotty and your A.I. brethren aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. I found myself just running around killing everyone on my own instead of relying on my compatriots to do it. I appreciate Treyarch for wanting to try something new, but I don't think it was really necessary. Sure it helps influence the outcome of the story, but I felt it could have been handled better. This brings me to the multiplayer. I've never been a savant when it comes to playing online. I've always found it difficult to jump in and play with people who live and breathe Call of Duty. One of the cool features in Black Ops 2 is the "Combat Training" mode that allows you to play with players of equal skill and a few bots thrown in. It's a great way to get new players acclimated to the game and gives people who have played before a chance to brush up when they start back up again. You level up and gain XP, but it doesn't start counting against your combat record until after level 10. So, don't be afraid of dying because it's going to happen. The new "pick 10" approach to customization is refreshing as well. It allows you to really add what you want from the get-go giving you the freedom to really tailor your play style the way you like. Kill streaks have been replaced by score streaks, which gives you the opportunity to apply things like assists and captures to your streak rather than just kills. So, if you're more of a kamikaze fighter and enjoy sacrificing you life for the good of the team, you won't be forgotten with the new score streaks. The multiplayer is like gambling, if you go into it expecting to win, you're not going be able to enjoy the game and have a good time. Rather than getting on here to rant about Call of Duty, I decided to tell you about how fun it can be. If you don't like it, don't buy it. There are more things in life that are more deserving of your fiery rage. But if you're like me and enjoy video games for what they are, you'll have a lot of fun with Black Ops 2. It's not all just unsupervised 9-year-olds hurling racial slurs into your ear.
  54. Nov 18, 2012
    Campaign is solid. Zombies are as overrated as ever. But the multiplayer returns with an added zest. The graphics have been bumped up from Black ops 1 , which is lucky as they were a jerky mess before. The games fluidity now matches it's IW brother but has less game breaking killstreaks and weapons. The pick ten points system is a stroke of genius and the maps are much more ergonomic thanCampaign is solid. Zombies are as overrated as ever. But the multiplayer returns with an added zest. The graphics have been bumped up from Black ops 1 , which is lucky as they were a jerky mess before. The games fluidity now matches it's IW brother but has less game breaking killstreaks and weapons. The pick ten points system is a stroke of genius and the maps are much more ergonomic than Infinity wards ugly high walled prisons. I was an Infinity Ward fan right up until the release of mw3. I loved ( and still do ) COD 4 and MW2 , but the control has well and truly passed to Treyarch. Infinity Ward the ball is in your court. Try and match this! Expand
  55. Nov 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off the mark, this is still very much a Call Of Duty game through and through. With each year that passes each release of this annual franchise exceeds the overwhelming (and frightening) gross of its predecessor, does this mean it is we, the users who are to blame for the repetitiveness? No, not quite. This is a beautiful cash cow for the suits over at Activision, a safe haven for a guaranteed payday once November rolls around. But I think this time, like the first Black Ops instalment, Treyarch are attempting to maybe not rock, but gently cradle the boat in changing this franchise.
    I had an overwhelmingly positive reaction to the first Black Ops instalment, but the complete opposite to Infinity Ward/Sledgehammers year old Modern Warfare 3. Black Ops changed the narrative of the other entries into this franchise, not so much hell bent on killing everything in sight but actually creating a story, and a captivating one at that, one which has continued into Black Ops II. Decision making has made a welcome debut (correct me if needed) to this franchise.
    The campaign, albeit a medicare 8 hours, was thoroughly captivating from the beginning. We are re-introduced to the originals of Mason, Woods and Hudson and their search and capture of the the terrorist threat known as Menendez. this mostly happens through a very old Woods re-telling the story to David Mason, Alex Masons son, in the futuristic 2025. Without delving too far into the backbone of the story, there is a sense of despair on both sides of this campaign, Menendez is a truly troubled individual with a tragic past, an antagonist that can be very relatable unlike previous entries, this game, in my opinion doesnt rely on their groundbreaking cinematics for cheap thrills (the little girl in London, really?) but to show the emotion in these characters who we have now known for two instalments. The decisions to be made in this game truly are difficult as we, the players know that this will indeed have a tremendous impact on the remainder of our play through.
    These are by no means massive overhauls to this ageing franchise but they are indeed steps in the correct direction. The multiplayer has introduced several different elements to coax new players in, gone are the killstreak days which have been replaced with "scorestreaks". The maps are significantly better than those of MW3, they're not as crowded, and respawn, for now, has improved.
    With a game like this, i do find it hard to have a genuine hatred. These are yearly releases which now have an overwhelming emphasis on multiplayer. I make it a point to complete the campaign/story before even considering going near multiplayer, that cash I paid needs to go somewhere. Call of Duty: Black Ops II is my no means a diamond in the rough, a hidden gem blah blah blah, but to hate on a game which is trying to change (Treyarch at least) but still maintain the money spinner that is Call Of Duty, there needs to be a compromise. Are these gamers really going out and buying this with the notion thats its going to change all the rules? If so then i suggest you wait on a game that is three plus years in the making. Whatever the next title will be in 2013, one thing is for sure, it will make more than Black Ops II simply because it is new, and thats why we the gamers win the battle, by subtle changes to the game, but Activision win the war, because they are still going to make millions, no matter what entry they churn out or how many. This is why i gave this game an 8. Treyarch did things differently with the first Black Ops and they have continued to do so with this, its not a game-changer but it is an attempt to listen to the players and to compete with other developers in the same franchise, without a doubt one of the better Call Of Duty titles in a long time.
  56. Nov 21, 2012
    I was pleasantly surprised, most of all with the story. Written by David Goyer, one of the screenwriters of The Dark Knight Rises, it makes a nice change for the laughable cliche-ridden plots of the Modern Warfare games that feels ripped from a Michael Bay movie. With Black Ops II's campaign, the story takes us into the future where the US is heavily reliant on robotic technology to defendI was pleasantly surprised, most of all with the story. Written by David Goyer, one of the screenwriters of The Dark Knight Rises, it makes a nice change for the laughable cliche-ridden plots of the Modern Warfare games that feels ripped from a Michael Bay movie. With Black Ops II's campaign, the story takes us into the future where the US is heavily reliant on robotic technology to defend themselves. The villain inevitably takes control of the technology and turns it against them, and while this might not seem like a completely original story, the characters and exciting plot moments make up for it. Raul Menendez is a very cool, memorable villain and the soldiers have more personality. There are choices that change the course of the story which are pretty cool, making you more than just a triggerman saving the world. There are challenges now that add longevity to the short campaign. Multiplayer is almost identical to the other Call of Duty games, so don't expect to be enthralled by it if your not already a fan. Tranzit is basically an updated Zombies mode with more objectives than just surviving waves of zombies, making it more fun to play. All in all Call of Duty: Black Ops II is refreshing. Treyarch are trying new things here with what was becoming a very monotonous franchise and making it fun to play again. Despite this, the length of the campaign leaves more to be desired and the multiplayer is largely the same so Black Ops probably won't convert new fans, but it will change the way Call Of Duty games are made and has restored hope for this annualised franchise that was quite frankly outstaying its welcome in my book. Expand
  57. Nov 30, 2012
    This was a classic case of "damned if you do damned if you don't" for treyarch. the cod series has needed a change for a while now, but if you change it too much you anger your core fan base and lose money. Black Ops II does a good but not great job at finding the middle between these two. Though it is nice to be able to create your own class in the campaign often times if you are playingThis was a classic case of "damned if you do damned if you don't" for treyarch. the cod series has needed a change for a while now, but if you change it too much you anger your core fan base and lose money. Black Ops II does a good but not great job at finding the middle between these two. Though it is nice to be able to create your own class in the campaign often times if you are playing on a harder difficulty it adds an annoying additional challenge if you dont use the gun or sight that the game recommends. it is also very cool that there are a couple decisions that you make that can mildly change the outcome of the ending. other than these it's just your typical run n gun cod campaign. the multiplayer is the most dissapointing thing about this game in my opinion, mostly because activison/treyarch obviously ignored the backlash they got from lag compensation in MW3 as it had made a return and its very frustrating. as far as gameplay i feel they made the game far to friendly to people who use SMG's/ shotguns (even though it benefits my play style) because of how the maps are designed. there seems to be many ways to get into every window/building and this hurts objective based game players because there is NO way to really controll the map/spawns. that's not to say there aren't good things about multiplayer. the new points system for create a class allows for players to play much better to their playstyle. but mainly the spawns and lag need to be fixed before i can say the multiplayer is good. now the two reasons this game gets a 7/10 from me is 1. because im trying to balance the score more from the butthurt battlefield fanboys that come on here and give the game a 0/10 without even playing it, and the morons who give the game a 0/10 because "it's the same thing every year!" even though you have the option to look at gameplay before you buy the game (shocking right?), or you could use your brain and realize that the game is a SERIES and its not going to have a groundbreaking change when each one has to be developed in less than 2 years time.

And 2. the zombies mode is absoloutly amazing. if you are a fan of zombies this game is worth the $60. if you aren't a fan of zombies and are buying the game only for the multiplayer my opinion is to stay away. at least untill the lag/spawns get fixed (but don't hold your breath on that).
  58. Jan 28, 2013
    First of all, i must say that i had all the call of duty's so far, and i never gave a damn about single player, i always play the multiplayer for the online experience!!! i bought this game since day one but i couldn't play it for 2 days because it couldn't CONNECT to the online services! Great work treyarch, thank you! Only chuck norris was online those days! When the miracle happend andFirst of all, i must say that i had all the call of duty's so far, and i never gave a damn about single player, i always play the multiplayer for the online experience!!! i bought this game since day one but i couldn't play it for 2 days because it couldn't CONNECT to the online services! Great work treyarch, thank you! Only chuck norris was online those days! When the miracle happend and i connected thankfully i noticed some things that i didn't like! The knife didn't work properly like the other call of duty's, a lot of lagging, a GLINCH that give noobs access to master all the prestiges, which is inacceptable and the guns especially the smg's are super weapons, they can hit you from miles away! Ok i said, its a new game these problems will be fixed in a future update and it will work properly! There were a lots of updates since then but nothing was fixed, it getting even worst and worst! Not to mention that i have see the famous message ''call of duty : black ops 2 server is not available at this time'' every time there is double xp! So imagine how many times i couldn't play the game since its release! Just imagine! Don't fix treyarch any problem of the game, don't fix the servers, don't fix anything,just release a dlc and make it worst! Great idea! i'm wondering though, the new gun in dlc, the smg, who's smg is gonna be? Kratos smg? John Rambo's smg? Treyarch, this was the last time i bought a game with your name on, i would never gonna buy again! And i know that you don;t care about one customer, but please, don't dissolve the series! You are losing the average players! FIX THE SERVERS! Expand
  59. Nov 13, 2012
    I don't mind the activision set of releases, they go okay. (though MW3 was shockin). But this is just utter tripe.

As far as I'm concerned CoD releases a 6 to 7 / 10 game once every two years and a crap money swindeling spin off every other year.

Campaign is predictable and at times stupid. MP is repetitive and boring.
  60. Nov 13, 2012
    This franchise has not changed it fundamentals ever, just same old every year.
    Even as they make billions they spend nothing to improve the games, graphics are old, sound is bad, gameplay is just broken in today's market. 2012
    My last COD ever, fool me once...
  61. Nov 14, 2012
    Ok. If you all hate Call Of Duty so much why do you by the frickin game then. It's a brilliant new direction for the series and if you hate it then don't play it. Its fun and exciting.It is the best COD to date
  62. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is actually amazing. Trust me when I say this isn't the same game and actually deserves the 10/10 I gave it. Seriously buy this game. The campaign is amazing, the zombies is ridiculous and the multiplayer is the most balanced one yet.
  63. Nov 13, 2012
    I've been a loyal COD fan since inception. I was the Sargent for Halloween and I ordered custom bed sheets that replicate my favorite maps. COD is so close to my heart and this BO2 is so terrible i feel sexually violated. After playing level 1 i had the feeling of one who has just taking a dump after getting out of the shower. Level 2 gave the the feeling of the time i slept with thatI've been a loyal COD fan since inception. I was the Sargent for Halloween and I ordered custom bed sheets that replicate my favorite maps. COD is so close to my heart and this BO2 is so terrible i feel sexually violated. After playing level 1 i had the feeling of one who has just taking a dump after getting out of the shower. Level 2 gave the the feeling of the time i slept with that busted indian chick. I did find good use for the game - when i am watching porn and my mom comes in i nail the input key and switch to COD. Because that would explain my hard on, but only because the old CODs gave me a hard on. The only way for us as gamers to fight this tyranny is to short activision stock. I am not a financial person but its silly to believe that Activision is valued at a near market multiple with a declining franchise. i am going to take my college money and buy activision puts, here we come Wharton. Expand
  64. Nov 16, 2012
    Black Ops II was something I was really looking forward to delve into and explore. From the videos I had been watching to make sure it wasnt the same old formula, I felt I had a pretty good idea of what to expect and a healthy amount of curiosity for what had been supposedly changed.

The game was always going to be a polished form of the previous iteration from a run and gun standpoint, bnut where Black Ops seperates itself from it's predecessors is in its sci-fi interpretaion of Military technology. Some of the most fun I have had with a Call of duty game to date and it makes me wonder why they hadn't thought of this before. The gunplay was never the complaint from me as far as Call of Duty goes, but rather the unimaginative level design and variety from a publisher who had the resources (and now more than ever before) to revolutionise gaming each consecutive year. And while I wont call Black Ops II a Revolution, it is undoubtedly in the right direction. Great work Treyarch
  65. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is good, it's beatiful to see 3 modes in a single game but the maps are too small especially the zombie maps, also there are many bugs in ps3 version and graphics is crappy compared to the 360 version
  66. Nov 15, 2012
    Can't believe I fell for it again... I really thought treyarch would put out a new game with up to date graphics but apparently they're not interested. I think this is a game I would have loved 5 years ago, but not today, not with other fps games that are 10x more graphically advanced.
  67. Nov 17, 2012
    I give this game a flat ZERO because it does NOT work on PS3, actually the constant hard freezings may permanently damage your console.
  68. Nov 13, 2012
    This is the game we always get year by year... Just moves those furniture from there to there and that''s it... We got a new game... That same game over and over... I don't know why don't people realize there are plenty of better shooters there Halo, Killzone... to name a few... Get over it...
  69. Nov 14, 2012
    The game is annoying for me. Every time I start a game I keep getting asked to confirm the settings for brightness, volume and screen resolution. I keep getting kicked from the match due to connection and then Im given a 5 mins probation time out. Right now I get a server error when i try to search for a public match. I really hate these BO games and I cant wait for MW4 now.
  70. Nov 13, 2012
    Спят усталые геймпады, кинцо спит,
    Под подушкой сонибоя пиэстри,
    Спят усталые геймпады, кинцо спит,
    Под подушкой сонибоя пиэстри,
    Только фану вот не спится,
    Ему дрейк в бельишке снится.

Глазки закрывай,
    Мыло смывай.

Сонибою нынче грустно, игр нет.
    Просто PS3 SOSNOLEY - вот ответ.
    За кинцо отдал две триста.
    Перестал быть оптимистом.

Он кинцо тебе покажет,
    Мылом глазки он помажет.

Плойку выключай.
  71. Nov 13, 2012
    PPl, please, COD is a multiplier francise, dont buy for campaign or zombies (though zombies is generally good). I played multiplayer last night until i was level 18. The gameplay is the same as MW2, MW3, and Black ops mixed in. Blops 1 was my favorite and this is a nice refresh. Overall its the same gameplay as usual. I dont understand why people want to fix something that isnt broken, ifPPl, please, COD is a multiplier francise, dont buy for campaign or zombies (though zombies is generally good). I played multiplayer last night until i was level 18. The gameplay is the same as MW2, MW3, and Black ops mixed in. Blops 1 was my favorite and this is a nice refresh. Overall its the same gameplay as usual. I dont understand why people want to fix something that isnt broken, if you want something different buy battlefield 3. I also didnt try nuketown 2025 yet, but Ill assume if its the same map as before, I will spend countless hours on nuketown with new killstreaks and better graphics and faster gameplay as compared to blops1. On to review points:

Similar to other MWs/blops: Fast Gameplay, similar graphics to MW3 though slightly more blurry to me, great framerate, You have to earn tokens at each level to unlock new stuff and also have to acheive a level to unlock certain equipment

Differences: . You can only carry 10 total items on you, including perks and attachments to weapons. This makes things more strategic, do you want light weight and hardline, or do you want a concussion grenade or two. I really enjoyed this as you need to plan for maps and gameplay style. Perks also dont seem to be as dominating (cant see how to get unlimited running or hardline pro). When getting points in mulitplayer for killstreak rewards you get 100 for each direct kill, 10 for each time your teamates kill a guy when you have an AUV up, 25/50 or others based on assits, and killstreak reward kills give you points but not always a lot. This makes it more challanging that MW3 and getting 4 kills, then a missle strike, then a couple more and a gunship, requires much more careful play to get as many kills as in blops1/MW3. In Blops 1 I rule with ak74, rapid fire, unlimited sprinting, and everything else doesnt matter. In Blops 2 things are a bit different as the perks and load out stops you from making an all around domination character. If you want all around great character you will lose your grenades and flashbangs to use more perks to "run and gun more".

There are also more attachments to guns, and around 22 killstreaks, which are similar and new at the same time. I was using the quadracopter, which I liked, airstrikes are standard but you can choose 3 locations, and I also got a grenade laucher that I took out about 5 guys with, also unllike blops 1 when you die you can reuse your deployed killstreak reward (like the minigun in blops1 which you would lose if you died), I also got some guided drone, throw it in the air and when it finds someone its an instant kill.

Mics for the guy you killed send you what they say when they die, hahaha, I was having fun last night at the people wondering how they died. Most people last night were levels 1-20, and one guy who was 37...no idea how that happened.

Anyway all in all I rate it a 9 for not fixing something that isnt broken, while adding a few new features to an existing great game style.
  72. Nov 18, 2012
    It irks me to see all the dumb asses giving this game a zero. And then you look at all of the reviews they have given, and they are always a zero. Why bother? What are you achieving? you just look like a ****
    Anyway.... being someone who has actually played the game (unlike the aforementioned toss bags), I have to say I find it highly entertaining. I knew what I was buying into because... shock horror, I read about the game before buying it. And.... shock horror again... I enjoy the COD style games. If you have brought a COD game in the past and disliked it, why would you buy another one? Are you just stupid?

It's not the most ground breaking game out there, but if you like the COD style of game play then this is your type of game. Hours of fun to be had in the multi player, the the pick 10 system is great to play around with.

Can't wait to unlock more of the equipment to play around with.

Get over it whiners and haters.
  73. Nov 17, 2012
    Only problem is that the graphics are bad in the PS3 version, no anti-aliasing, little blurry. But the game is cool, best COD. I like the new weapons and the new style.
  74. Nov 19, 2012
    First of all, all the people who gave it a 5 or less sucks at COD games.COD BO II is a thrill seeker.The Campaign It self is down right great. The Multiplayer is by far the best out the Modern Warfare series And The Modern Warfare series Couldn't Out do The First BO. The Zombies, Treyarch And Activision out did themselves, Transit and Grief is mostly all i play.
  75. Dec 1, 2012
    This game is amazing. Full Stop. Not meaning to sound like a fan boy but its the best Call Of Duty yet. the people who are giving it bad reviews are those people who think its cool to dislike COD games. The zombies is as good or even better than Blops 1, and I've actually got into the multiplayer, something i haven't since MW2. Finally, the campaign ties all the loose ends of Black ops,This game is amazing. Full Stop. Not meaning to sound like a fan boy but its the best Call Of Duty yet. the people who are giving it bad reviews are those people who think its cool to dislike COD games. The zombies is as good or even better than Blops 1, and I've actually got into the multiplayer, something i haven't since MW2. Finally, the campaign ties all the loose ends of Black ops, and introduces the best villain in any game bar GLaDos from portal 2. All those people who hate COD games are just trying to be mainstream and they don't give the game a chance. Expand
  76. Jan 2, 2013
    This game gets a 2/10 because is unplayable, why you ask? well 1 simple answer for 1 simple question... LAG! horrible, game breaking LAG! I jump to the COD wagon (MP wise) with MW2, had some fun so decided to buy BO1, because hey the first one was really entertaining so why not this one, so BO1 still a fun game, some LAG issues here and there but my friends were playing it so what theThis game gets a 2/10 because is unplayable, why you ask? well 1 simple answer for 1 simple question... LAG! horrible, game breaking LAG! I jump to the COD wagon (MP wise) with MW2, had some fun so decided to buy BO1, because hey the first one was really entertaining so why not this one, so BO1 still a fun game, some LAG issues here and there but my friends were playing it so what the hell, MW3 I wited until the honeymoon ended to see that hooker's real face and it was ugly as hell, so awful I jumped to BF3 and didn't look back, now we had this so called "NEW GAME" and F*CK is as awful as the other ones. You can think anything you want, but truth be told I gave that abomination a chance, and had the worst day playing of my life, I started to scream at the TV so loud the neighbors thought I was killing someone. finally that same day I played Zombies for a change and got disconnected 2 times just a couple of minutes after entering into the lobby, the third time I finally got a party to play with and played for about 20 mins, you know why I didn't continue playing after that? because it disconnected me again, because the HOST LEFT! that's right NO DEDICATED SERVERS! So no COD for me EVER AGAIN! I'm glad I borrowed from a friend and not bought it like the rest. No SP review here just played like 40 min of it and decided that doing anything else was more worthwhile, like taking a nap or cutting my toe nails. Expand
  77. Nov 19, 2012
    Another disappointment. I thought that Call of Duty Black Ops 2 will be different, or will make some improvements, sadly, this game does only a few improvements in graphics, nothing more. The campaign is solid, with some great cutscenes. Multiplayer is the same, as always. It is with less killstreaks and It's more slow paced, but still frustrating. Zombies is complicated, so, It's lessAnother disappointment. I thought that Call of Duty Black Ops 2 will be different, or will make some improvements, sadly, this game does only a few improvements in graphics, nothing more. The campaign is solid, with some great cutscenes. Multiplayer is the same, as always. It is with less killstreaks and It's more slow paced, but still frustrating. Zombies is complicated, so, It's less fun than original Black Ops's zombies. (5.0) Expand
  78. Dec 19, 2012
    Update: Patch 1.04 - big improvements. There still some bugs in Parties, especially if one of the guys in the party is playing split-screen. Not a common scenario, but, issues are common when using in this setup.

UAV was a good fix, and the ghost bug. Guns seem a little better balanced now too. Another improvement would be add some more maps to Ground Wars. People like Ground Wars

Another improvement would be add some more maps to Ground Wars. People like Ground Wars because it's faster paced with all the people, not necessarily because it's a bigger map and they get to snipe. Should be some stats that reflect smg usage on bigger maps.
  79. Jun 18, 2013
    As a trend, the modern call of duty games have always had a lightning strike sense of pacing, mixed with a general disinterest in player agency. Games are a fundamentally interactive medium, one where participation on the part of the player crafts the experience, and this is a point black ops 2 has missed. The main failing, as it goes, is its incessant handing the player tools or equipmentAs a trend, the modern call of duty games have always had a lightning strike sense of pacing, mixed with a general disinterest in player agency. Games are a fundamentally interactive medium, one where participation on the part of the player crafts the experience, and this is a point black ops 2 has missed. The main failing, as it goes, is its incessant handing the player tools or equipment before showing of a few set pieces and sending them to the next toy. It cant maintain focus long enough to engage on any level with the player. The review is a 2, however, because at least until the next call of duty hits shelves, the multiplayer is as well designed as is expected for these games. What changes they do make add quite a bit to the flow and customization options, where the map pathing is put together to create an incentive to move continuously, making the games as fast as intended. However, when the next call of duty comes out, the multiplayer will inevitably die out, and as such cannot weigh heavily on a purchase of a 60 USD game. what few advances this title makes are not enough to redeem the unfocused and unengaging series. Expand
  80. Jan 4, 2013
    0/10, the Call of Duty is dead. It was a very good shooter, I enjoy Call of Duty 2 and Modern Warfare 1, and I just like Zombie Mode. In Black Ops II I just like campaign- it's awesome, everything else- fail. I expected more...
  81. Jan 8, 2013
    I buy it the day of the release and let me tell you, this game is garbage! Call of duty Black ops 2 is the worst game ever to release. The Campaign is half-good and half-bad but nobody care about the Campaign in recent COD games anyway. The choice in the Campaign you make is nothing new. Picking weapons to bring with you on the mission is nothing new, but the first COD game to feature it.I buy it the day of the release and let me tell you, this game is garbage! Call of duty Black ops 2 is the worst game ever to release. The Campaign is half-good and half-bad but nobody care about the Campaign in recent COD games anyway. The choice in the Campaign you make is nothing new. Picking weapons to bring with you on the mission is nothing new, but the first COD game to feature it. Why would they put the strategy levels in the game that is so boring, pointless, & impossible?! The multiplayer is so broken& Cluster that is reach you to point that your ready to break the disc in half. Spawn campers, Campers, small map, overused smg, Team mate that suck at teamwork, unbalanced weapons, bouncing Betty, Shock charger, Quickscopers (no respect for sniper in COD), Lag, Lag comp, host advantage, dropshoters, hit marker inaccurate, Favor people with poor connection, League play (not a game for competitive), Hacker,spawn system terrible, freezes people PS3s including mine, & scoresteak (taking from MW3 support steak, before MW3, Homefront has it & Medal of Honor 2010 has it before even infintiy ward had the idea). Zombles get boring real fast and no form of reward for solving easter egg or for defeating zombles. Not a fan of COD zombles, but if i want a real zomble games, our go & play Dead Island or Left 4 dead or even early Resident Evil games. Overall stay away from this game and get a better game other than call of duty. Treyarch & Activision, your the abomination to gaming industry. You don't care about your customers that complain about your game & not fixing the game that your customers demanding, you all about money. Don't listen to other major reviewers like IGN because they are lier and pay by activision to give this game a high score. Have a great day! Expand
  82. lox
    Apr 29, 2013
    I haven't even finished the campaign for Black Ops 2 due to the fact that it is god awfully boring and the multiplayer is fun for a few days but then it gets boring as hell as well. The hit detection is terrible, the spawn points aren't that great, and the maps are sub par, and full of head glitching and camping spots. In the end Black Ops 2 is fun for a little while but it gets boringI haven't even finished the campaign for Black Ops 2 due to the fact that it is god awfully boring and the multiplayer is fun for a few days but then it gets boring as hell as well. The hit detection is terrible, the spawn points aren't that great, and the maps are sub par, and full of head glitching and camping spots. In the end Black Ops 2 is fun for a little while but it gets boring and irritating very quickly. Expand
  83. Mar 17, 2013
    This is a horrible game. This is the same as Black Ops 1, same engine, same guns. Lame DLC, Lame Servers. This was just a money maker for them, a rushed game in which should have been a 3 or 4 year project. Every COD, should take at least 4 years to make NOT 1 every year.

COD mainly is for Little Kids ask there Mom's to buy it and in so they can play with their friends and spend money on DLC.

Big Companys that host Competitive games with not good MLG players and spend Millions but cant fixed the servers? Smh
  84. May 25, 2013
    I'm not much of a CoD fan, but always had fun playing the franchise and was really excited for BO2 after BO1. Turns out, my expectations were wrong on this one. The single-player is bland and the story is confusing 'cause you're in the future, but you play in the past, which makes no sense at all! The MP is fun, but it's extremely lags here and there, then after a while, I stopped playingI'm not much of a CoD fan, but always had fun playing the franchise and was really excited for BO2 after BO1. Turns out, my expectations were wrong on this one. The single-player is bland and the story is confusing 'cause you're in the future, but you play in the past, which makes no sense at all! The MP is fun, but it's extremely lags here and there, then after a while, I stopped playing it. Then there's the Zombie mode, which is hard to consider as "FUN", its slow, boring, and a huge waste of time! Out of all the CoD's Iv'e payed, this is the worst. Expand
  85. Nov 13, 2012
    Don't listen to the haters, this is definitely the best COD game. Treyarch has done an amazing job! Don't listen to the haters, give it a rent and try it out you'll love it!
  86. Nov 17, 2012
    Really was the only CoD game I liked. Black Ops 2 deserves recognition for trying a change. Campaign is badass and multiplayer I actually liked. The zombies is awe, just when I lost hope in CoD Treyarch restored it. I should change my name shouldn't I? Great game. Deserves a 9/10. David Mason is the MAN!
  87. Nov 13, 2012
    It's easy to see who the trolls are here giving "0"'s. Just check their profile and you can see that they apparently bought this game for 3 different systems and gave them all a "0". If you hate CoD so much. Stop buying it. Activition makes a lot of money with this franchise and they will continue to do so until people stop buying the game. They don't care how much you hate the game, asIt's easy to see who the trolls are here giving "0"'s. Just check their profile and you can see that they apparently bought this game for 3 different systems and gave them all a "0". If you hate CoD so much. Stop buying it. Activition makes a lot of money with this franchise and they will continue to do so until people stop buying the game. They don't care how much you hate the game, as long as you buy it. So next year, don't buy it, and let the people who do buy it, rate the game. Expand
  88. Nov 20, 2012
    Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. God Bless America. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Video game propaganda.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. God Bless America. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Video game propaganda. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. DiShoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.e. Respawn. Zombies. Americans are all consuming zombies. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Terrible. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Expand
  89. Nov 16, 2012
    Multiplayer is amusing at best. It has brought some new perk selection that offers at least the flexibility to do what you like (to an extent).

Not played zombies or singlplayer. The engine feels very very dated. MW3 is ok but this is just Meh...

Avoid
  90. Nov 16, 2012
    ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!!ГОСПОДИ 10 ИЗ 10 !!!! Expand
  91. Dec 9, 2012
    More of the same, now with a futuristic skin. Im done with COD, ive been playing since COD1 and after 6 years of Activision Milking my pocket releasing the exact same game over and over again, i decided to give the franchise a last chance with blackops 2 and i ended up selling my copy. Whats really sad is that i'm not even disappointed, because i wasn't expecting much anyway. I was gonnaMore of the same, now with a futuristic skin. Im done with COD, ive been playing since COD1 and after 6 years of Activision Milking my pocket releasing the exact same game over and over again, i decided to give the franchise a last chance with blackops 2 and i ended up selling my copy. Whats really sad is that i'm not even disappointed, because i wasn't expecting much anyway. I was gonna give it a 2, gave it a 3 because at least is better than **** warfare 3 Expand
  92. Dec 29, 2012
    do not get this game they keep going on about how they will improve online play but it is just as bad as mw3 in short the people that made this game do not care about what the people think if you want a good fps online shooter go for a game other than black ops two or any other than call of duty
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    The maps are all garbage. The perks are all garbage. Gameplay is the same. Weapons and equipment are the same. Killstreaks are the same. Permanent lag. Keeps freezing, requiring me to restart my PS3 This game isn't as bad as MW3 but it's close. Black Ops 1 is still the best game in the series.
  94. Nov 22, 2012
    Black Ops 2 is a solid game. It's not great and suffers from many faults. Personally I don't care for the futuristic angle but that's just my taste. Kudos to Treyarch for release a working game and not a broken one like Warfighter (yeah, I hate that game). Crashes happen rarely and when they do, you don't lose anything. The match just migrates servers and starts where it left off. VoiceBlack Ops 2 is a solid game. It's not great and suffers from many faults. Personally I don't care for the futuristic angle but that's just my taste. Kudos to Treyarch for release a working game and not a broken one like Warfighter (yeah, I hate that game). Crashes happen rarely and when they do, you don't lose anything. The match just migrates servers and starts where it left off. Voice chat works (yeah, I'm looking at you EA.) and I haven't come across any serious bugs. The main flaw which prevents a higher rating is that the game in multiplayer doesn't feel like combat at all. It feels more like a game of paintball. Other shooters like Bad Company 2 does a much better job at creating a engaging atmosphere even in multiplayer. But Black Ops 2 is still miles better than BF3 and Warfighter. Expand
  95. Nov 18, 2012
    I bought this game hoping it would impress me but I had a other feeling that I new it was going to be like the first one. The zombies is OK but i don't get the storyline. Also they jumped the gun all the way to 2025.
    Thats a little far fetched to me. What im trying to say is it is the same thing every year. I will be honest I don't think call of duty is going to last much longer. I'm not impressed by this game and I got caught in there scam of the same thing every year.
  96. Dec 28, 2012
    The only reason this game gets a 1 is for the campaign. I bought BLOPS2 for the multiplayer. Its horrible. You will unload a clip into someone and not kill them. You will get hit with 2 bullets and drop. The maps funnel everyone together, which is fine accept you spawn in front of enemies. Enemies spawn behind you. Simply put, this is a terrible game. They have had 6 times to get thisThe only reason this game gets a 1 is for the campaign. I bought BLOPS2 for the multiplayer. Its horrible. You will unload a clip into someone and not kill them. You will get hit with 2 bullets and drop. The maps funnel everyone together, which is fine accept you spawn in front of enemies. Enemies spawn behind you. Simply put, this is a terrible game. They have had 6 times to get this correct and it is no where close. Expand
  97. Mar 28, 2013
    I am giving this game a zero because multiplayer is unplayable due to lag comp and matchmaking issues at least 80% of the time. People with decent internet are penalized by their horrible lag comp coding. Most of the time what you see in the killcam is not what you saw on your screen. In this game you shoot first and die first. The players are not in sync. Almost every game there isI am giving this game a zero because multiplayer is unplayable due to lag comp and matchmaking issues at least 80% of the time. People with decent internet are penalized by their horrible lag comp coding. Most of the time what you see in the killcam is not what you saw on your screen. In this game you shoot first and die first. The players are not in sync. Almost every game there is someone running around with one or two bar connection who is indestructible and posting a ridiculous score. Map design is horrible and there are serious flaws in the spawn system. Most maps are tailor made for spawn killing and other cheap tactics. The dlc maps weren't any better. I don't know why I keep giving Activision my money. Every game since MW2 has gotten progressively worse. This one is definitely the worst with lag and hit detection. The community on this game is equally horrible and consists mainly of foul mouthed 8-12 year olds. I don't know what kind of stupid parent would buy their preteen this game and a mic. Treyarch has been nonresponsive when it comes to complaints about the game and has done nothing to fix the issues. Since release this game has caused the ps3 to freeze periodically during gameplay and there is an annoying sound glitch. We continue to have these problems (among others) after several patches. There is also the issue of probation. If you quit too many matches you get a five minute timeout before you can join a game and I think these can add/stack up. After a game session were this shoddy game caused my system to freeze 3 times I received a probation. I don't quit games, but Treyarch wants to take punitive action against me because their lousy game decides to take a dump.
    I made the mistake of buying the first dlc pack, but I won't be buying any more for this game. If you haven't purchased this game do yourself a favor and stay away.
  98. Nov 14, 2012
    Firstly, the cartoon graphics lend the game to more a video game than authenticity which isn't a bad thing as it is just a game. In my opinion doesnt have the sophistication of Medal of honor or the true leader of FPS action Battlefield BUT it is addictive and fun just not as classy as its predecessor Bops1. Its ok as COD version ??? but as a leader not anymore.
  99. Nov 18, 2012
    Due to the fact that the online multiplayer is incredibly broken and very hard to tolerate as of this moment. I will skip reviewing that and focus on the single player campaign. For the most part the campaign is EXTREMELY easy. There is barely any challenge even to playing BO2 on veteran I think it took me around 4-5 hours to complete and only had to continue a handful of times... IT ISDue to the fact that the online multiplayer is incredibly broken and very hard to tolerate as of this moment. I will skip reviewing that and focus on the single player campaign. For the most part the campaign is EXTREMELY easy. There is barely any challenge even to playing BO2 on veteran I think it took me around 4-5 hours to complete and only had to continue a handful of times... IT IS 100% casual friendly unfortunately. It is full of scripted scenes and what not but the game does provide an interesting way of going about the missions. You have multiple choices for different outcomes within the game so there is actually a reason now to replay the campaign. Choosing an option may trigger a different scripted scene in the game and change the way some parts can be played. Prior to this call of duty I think the only game that had any form of choice would be World at War with either Sgt. Roebuck or that other dude dying (can't remember his name!). Aside from all this I believe Treyarch's call of duty's keep getting better while Infinity Ward's keep getting more and more dumbed down to the point where they are just boring. Call of Duty 4 was their peak - they're done give it up. This is a far superior installment to Modern Warfare 3 - aside from the freezing and multiple bugs I would say it is one of the more fun FPS I've played. I enjoyed the campaign and enjoyed the futuristic guns and different style of weapons. This is not a complete rip off of Ghost Recon FS or Halo, it does do it's own things and it is it's own game and that should be praised. I would score it higher but due to the bugs and, god I don't know how this happens, but LAG? In single player? I cannot just bring myself to give it an 8 9 or 10. It's good, it's playable, it's enjoyable but it has it's share of problems. I can finally put away Boringfield 3 and enjoy a decent call of duty after the issues are hopefully fixed with this game. On a side note: I'm glad Treyarch only made a few tweaks to their old formula - it would be a shame to see Call of Duty go down the Socom route and die when there are barely any other shooters these days that are as enjoyable as a Call of Duty. Expand

1. Jan 12, 2013
    One of the most complete, albeit shaky, packages the series has ever seen. [Issue#226, p.68]
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    While the campaign length is fairly standard of past iterations of the series, it's worth multiple playthroughs and the multiplayer offers endless hours of fun and enjoyment; whether it's slaying zombies or facing off against other players in a wide range of multiplayer modes with an endless number of loadout combinations.
  3. Dec 23, 2012
    Worth checking out for online and the sci-fi novelty value alone. [Jan 2013, p.95]