5.1

1. Jul 3, 2015
    Campaign is bad, the multiple endings and alternative storylines don't feel good in a shooter like COD. The multiplayer is terrible for public matches, but an amazing game as an eSports title. However it is not amazing on the PS3. PS3 BO2 is lag infested mess. The 360 version is much, much better.

(Played this when it came out, I'm just now writing the review)
  2. Nov 29, 2014
    It's another great Call of Duty which kept me entertained for an year. The campaign was awesome, with a lot of extra things compared to the other games: you get to pick the weapon you start the mission with, "Access Points", etc. and the multiple endings. The Zombies mode was quite boring, comparing it to Black Ops I. However, the Multiplayer was indeed great, keeping all the features inIt's another great Call of Duty which kept me entertained for an year. The campaign was awesome, with a lot of extra things compared to the other games: you get to pick the weapon you start the mission with, "Access Points", etc. and the multiple endings. The Zombies mode was quite boring, comparing it to Black Ops I. However, the Multiplayer was indeed great, keeping all the features in Black Ops I, even the bad ones like loss of connection... The worst thing you will notice on the Multiplayer is the Max Prestige, 5 year-olds screaming in the microphone that have the most kills in their team. Except from that, this is a MUST in your COD collection. Expand
  3. Nov 3, 2014
    Since these reviews are filled with grammatical errors, and the spelling is atrocious, I disregarded these jaded reviews. Good thing. I enjoyed the game. The best shooter out there, all COD titles. Nothing comes close. But you **** want it to be orgasmic. Grow up. Or go back to Minecraft.
  4. Sep 5, 2014
    Eh. Its not that great. The main problem with cod: THE HACKERS! There are so many hackers. The multiplayer always lagged. The gameplay in this game wasn't bad but not good either. The only reason i'm not giving this game a 3/10 is because zombies. If black ops zombies was its own game i would give it a 7/10. But its not. Describe this with 3 words: Lag,Hackers,Disappointing.
  5. Jun 15, 2014
    The first Call of Duty game I've ever owned and put time and effort into. While it's not exactly a bad game, Black Ops II suffers from focusing too much on online play. The offline play is fine if you're happy with mediocre A.I., which isn't that big of a deal considering many games of this genre refuse to use A.I. bots in order to put a heavier focus involving online play. TheThe first Call of Duty game I've ever owned and put time and effort into. While it's not exactly a bad game, Black Ops II suffers from focusing too much on online play. The offline play is fine if you're happy with mediocre A.I., which isn't that big of a deal considering many games of this genre refuse to use A.I. bots in order to put a heavier focus involving online play. The single-player campaign is awful...and this is why almost nobody plays the campaigns of this franchise. Lack of story, good narrative, variety in the levels, or even good level design within the campaign means there's no real reason to bother with it, especially considering the short length which can last only two hours if you happen to be good. If you enjoy quick thrills and competitive play, then this game will suit your needs. Expand
  6. Apr 5, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10 Graphics: 8 out of 10 Gameplay: 8 out of 10 Fun: 5 out of 10 Controls: 9 out of 10 Ease to Learn: 8 out of 10
    Length: 7 out of 10
    Re-play: 7.5 out of 10
    Audio: 8 out of 10
    Bugs/Glitches: not much
  7. Jan 28, 2014
    A pretty fun game to play online, or with your friends. Zombies is kind of in between good and bad. The campaign is horrible, yet again. But the multiplayer is what counts, so there for my honest score is a 7/10
  8. Dec 29, 2013
    There is a lot of haters out there and to be honest I am half a hater myself, for how bad the graphics are when compared to games by EA, SCE etc., for how they never have any innovation on anything, but there is no deny that CoD is a pretty solid franchise. It might be repetitive, but it is always functional and definitely playable.
    bo2 is a mediocre shooter, but it definitely isnt a 0
    bo2 is a mediocre shooter, but it definitely isnt a 0 out of 10. It did earn infinity ward more than it deserves, but cmon we cant expect them to come out and be like "we know our game sucks so we are asking our fans to please stop buying them" right? So let's just give them a break and hope CoD gets better in the future.
  9. Nov 6, 2013
    I like the near-futuristic approach to Call of Duty. The weapons are fun to use, and are slightly more varied than in previous installments. The muliplayer is exactly the same, otherwise. Same game modes, and pretty well the same maps. Spawns are slightly less bad than in previous games, and the maps remain small. The singleplayer is decent, with specific actions that result in differentI like the near-futuristic approach to Call of Duty. The weapons are fun to use, and are slightly more varied than in previous installments. The muliplayer is exactly the same, otherwise. Same game modes, and pretty well the same maps. Spawns are slightly less bad than in previous games, and the maps remain small. The singleplayer is decent, with specific actions that result in different endings adding a minor difference to the Call of Duty formula. Zombies is back and is as boring as ever. The formula is getting extremely stale at this point. Since there are no other decent multiplayer games coming out for a while, guess were stuck with this one. Expand
  10. Oct 21, 2013
    Another year, another generic and tired Call of Duty. It has lost it's way, lacking innovation every year. While having a descent zombie multiplayer and a great story, it fails with the awful multiplayer and predictable campaign design. Without even offering a descent RTS element, without even changing the basics for the multiplayer, without even changing the graphics engine, without evenAnother year, another generic and tired Call of Duty. It has lost it's way, lacking innovation every year. While having a descent zombie multiplayer and a great story, it fails with the awful multiplayer and predictable campaign design. Without even offering a descent RTS element, without even changing the basics for the multiplayer, without even changing the graphics engine, without even really upgrading the Zombies mode... This is a shame for the first-person shooters. At least there's some fun to have with the Zombies and with the interesting story. (Final Score: 5.58) Expand
  11. Sep 15, 2013
    Story: Black Ops 2 's setting takes place in 2 parts. One takes place in 2025, the other takes place after the 1st Black Ops (cold war). The game features characters returning from the 1st Black Ops, and new characters for the future missions. All the voice acting in the campaign is great, and the game's villain is good. The biggest surprise though is that the story is Actually great. It'sStory: Black Ops 2 's setting takes place in 2 parts. One takes place in 2025, the other takes place after the 1st Black Ops (cold war). The game features characters returning from the 1st Black Ops, and new characters for the future missions. All the voice acting in the campaign is great, and the game's villain is good. The biggest surprise though is that the story is Actually great. It's not like MW2 and 3 where you're fighting Russians, it's actually different and you get to learn the backstory of the plot in the past sections and see how those events affect the future and the villain's plan. Rating: 9

Gameplay: Treyarch added some new features to the single player to give it some replay value. They added challenges, player choices, strike force missions (suck), and the biggest addition to me is the create-a-class. Now you can choose your own loadout for each mission and not have to deal with whatever the game gives you. However, the A.I is still dumb and the campaign is sadly only 4.5 hours long. Rating: 8

Graphics: I will say the graphics are the best CoD graphics I've ever seen, but that's not saying much. Rating: 7

Music: The main theme by Trent Reznor is great, but the rest of the soundtrack isn't memorable. Rating: 5

Multiplayer: Since almost everyone buys CoD for the multiplayer, this section might be the most important section of all, and I have a lot of stuff to say about the MP. In my opinion, the most important thing in an FPS multiplayer is balance, which this game is LACKING. After the 1st week, the community started to notice some guns that did better than most of the guns. Some examples are: PDW-57 and MSMC (slightly nerfed), AN-94 (still overpowered after a ton of patches), FAL (gun's even banned in League play), R870-MCS (still extremely overpowered and I hate this shotgun), LMGs with Target Finder (LMGs already have low recoil, now Treyarch basically gave them an aimbot), C4s with the FAST HANDS perk (you're telling me a soldier can pull a C4 out of his ass and throw it in half a second and detonate it using his mind?), DEXTERITY perk (especially annoying with shotguns, SMGs, assault rifles, and quickdraw attachment), and quickscoping is back (great. P.S sarcasm). The maps here are BAD. Where as in MW2 and the 1st Black Ops, the maps were pretty good, now 90% of these BO2 maps are uninspired, mostly small (SMGs dominate AGAIN), almost no good spots where snipers (not quickscopers) and LMGs can perch up and support their team, and most of these maps have the same overused 3 lane layout (1 path in the middle, 2 in the sides). Lag compensation also returns being more annoying than ever. This game also has an UNPATCHABLE audio bug that mutes all game sounds and replaces it with this weird helicopter like sound that's exclusive to PS3 users (I think). But the MP did do some things right (mostly in customization). They improved on the already great emblem editor, they added League Play (for any of you try hards out there), improved theater mode, and added new and unique camos for your gun (most are in microtransactions). But these cons FAR outweigh the pros, and for someone who loved BO1's MP, I'm extremely disappointed. Rating: 4

Zombies: I'm a big zombies fan, and I was MORE disappointed with the zombies than the multiplayer (although Treyarch redeemed themselves with the DLC). the 1st map we got (Tranzit) was TERRIBLE. 85% of the map was covered in fog (which ruins exploration), the lava on the floor made exploration even worse. The map also had denizens (MOST ANNOYING ENEMY EVER), the "new crew" isn't funny, the Easter egg sucks, the map is WAY too huge for 4 players, and some of the perks (PHD Flopper, Deadshot Daiquri, and Mule Kick) weren't even on this map. One thing Tranzit added was Double Tap 2.0 (increased damage and made D.T more useful). The other launch gamemodes aren't as good either. Survival is just normal zombies on small maps (WAY too small for 4 players), and Grief was just wasted potential. The idea of having 4 V 4 on zombies where you have to troll the enemy team into defeat sounded cool, but ended up being just 8 players playing on the survival maps because you don't get much options on how to affect the enemy team's chance of survival (knifing and zombie meat. That's it). The only other things that Treyarch did that was good was add theater mode into zombies, and add solo leaderboards. But I still think Treyarch took a step backwards from moon with tranzit. Rating: 4

Overall: BO2 was a HUGE disappointment to me when compared to the 1st Black Ops. Improved campaign, BROKEN MP, and disappointing zombies makes this game the 3rd worse CoD in my opinion. Overall rating:6
  12. Aug 27, 2013
    Black Ops II is not my personal favorite of the franchise nor do I think it should be in the franchise at all, but that does not mean that the game is bad. The new environments are a real treat to look at and new weapons are fun to use. The controls are pretty much the same so don't think you'll have a hard time to jump into the game. Zombie mode is also fun to play, especially with aBlack Ops II is not my personal favorite of the franchise nor do I think it should be in the franchise at all, but that does not mean that the game is bad. The new environments are a real treat to look at and new weapons are fun to use. The controls are pretty much the same so don't think you'll have a hard time to jump into the game. Zombie mode is also fun to play, especially with a friend online or right in the living room. Online mode is pretty straightforward with the same modes and new maps and features. Bo2 is just an old car with new paint, but you'll definitely get a kick out of it. Expand
  13. Aug 16, 2013
    This Game would get a 5 but I do quite like the Zombies gamemode, lore, setting, replay value and great to play with friends, even with SplitScreen. There is some very serious issues with the Single Player mainly it just being there. If you are a making Multiplayer focused game focus on the Multiplayer player, just don't make a single player story. Single Player is not a requirementThis Game would get a 5 but I do quite like the Zombies gamemode, lore, setting, replay value and great to play with friends, even with SplitScreen. There is some very serious issues with the Single Player mainly it just being there. If you are a making Multiplayer focused game focus on the Multiplayer player, just don't make a single player story. Single Player is not a requirement anymore in games. Multiplayer is the same same as all the other Call Of Duty games. Expand
  14. Jul 27, 2013
    Note This is a new version the score is 4/10 but it says 7/10 but it is a second reviewThis game is ok I like shooters it is bland but they tried it is good but the story is weird at times and what annoys me when I start a mission I'm greeted with a cutscene that can't skiped until halfway present in other CODS But It is much slower now I know why Robert Bowling left with others it is soNote This is a new version the score is 4/10 but it says 7/10 but it is a second reviewThis game is ok I like shooters it is bland but they tried it is good but the story is weird at times and what annoys me when I start a mission I'm greeted with a cutscene that can't skiped until halfway present in other CODS But It is much slower now I know why Robert Bowling left with others it is so stupid also multiplayer is not a selling point of any game story is the focus It wants to be taken literally but I can't I loved COD SP Because how cheesy it was it is fair for me to note that I just play Co-Op So Zombies is where I play nothing to say but Zombies also Avenge Sevenfold has a cameo at the end I hate them RIP Treyarch I loved Spider Man 2 but your dead to me now dead MW2 Is My Favorite Cod The Best by the way the story is not linear it is like a movie when you play story set to hard the SEALS Are bland the only Characters I remember we're the Seals That were slaughtered In strike force on veteran also A.I Sucks 4/10 P.S This Reviews Grammar is off it is COD But I'm not good at writing also this is rereview so it says 7/10 but it is 4/10 Expand
  15. Jul 27, 2013
    I can see all the good Treyarch was trying to do, but Black Ops 2 has sadly fallen into the dark pit of MMS: "Mainstreamed Military Shooters."

The campaign was the one thing I was looking forward to when they announced BO2. Unfortunately, it was said to take place in the year 2025. I thought, "Well, just because it's in the future doesn't mean it's bad." True, and this is what i said to myself, but I found that most MMS's are now in the future, and aren't that good, but I still held hope. Sadly, the four-hour campaign was not worth playing, regardless of integrating choice. Through the years, Treyarch has done a great job with making Call of Duty campaigns, but this one was trying desperately to be Modern Warfare.

The multiplayer is either "you love it, or hate it." I hate it. The original Black Ops Multiplayer was soooo much better, and was perfect the way it was being set in The Cold War (along with the campaign). The multiplayer is there for days when you really just don't care about life. Mindless shooting and yelling (that vaguely sounded like Team Fortress).

The Zombie mode is probably the thing that saved this game from being a negative review. Although I don't get as hyped as other people with zombies, I enjoy it to bits.

Rest In Piece, old Call of Duty, you have been replaced by the MMS.

Only reason I'm getting CoD Ghosts is to see what happens to the dog. Friggin' love dogs.
  16. Jul 18, 2013
    No good campaign but that is standard for CoD, very big online community, great zombies experience which is now a pretty big deal in the game. The graphics are not the best but zombies can even be a reason to buy this game, the maps in zombies are great with alot of easter eggs so you can keep playing.
  17. Jul 7, 2013
    I have to give it to Treyarch, they seem to make the more bearable versions of this highly iterative franchise. This year Black Ops II admittedly has a better campaign than its predecessors. The choice element is a little fresh but isn't implemented all that well, but the missions were fun enough to keep me advancing, even if I did end up tiring of the story. The multiplayer is as slick asI have to give it to Treyarch, they seem to make the more bearable versions of this highly iterative franchise. This year Black Ops II admittedly has a better campaign than its predecessors. The choice element is a little fresh but isn't implemented all that well, but the missions were fun enough to keep me advancing, even if I did end up tiring of the story. The multiplayer is as slick as ever, but it really doesn't add all that much. Zombies is perhaps innovated most in this title, but it still feels a little weary with age. Its a good game, but Activision should really pack their bags now and leave on this one, because even though this game is decent, it is not going to save this franchise from an inevitable end. Expand
  18. Jun 22, 2013
    The campaign is what's to be expected from a Call of Duty game even though I felt the past installment was way more exciting. The multiplayer is just as addicting and fun as it has been in the past. Upgrades and unlock ables keep you going like normal.
  19. Jun 9, 2013
    HONESTLY IT DOES HURT THE GAME INDUSTRY THAT THESE REDUNDANT COD GAMES SELL 30MIL COPPIES EACH. People buy 20-30mil copies of CoD and miss out on truly unique games like metro 2033 or the darkness 2 and these are in the same genre they are FPS's and damn good too. How many people can say they truly bought call of duty black ops AND Metro 2033 Not many if any and at least metro is an FPSHONESTLY IT DOES HURT THE GAME INDUSTRY THAT THESE REDUNDANT COD GAMES SELL 30MIL COPPIES EACH. People buy 20-30mil copies of CoD and miss out on truly unique games like metro 2033 or the darkness 2 and these are in the same genre they are FPS's and damn good too. How many people can say they truly bought call of duty black ops AND Metro 2033 Not many if any and at least metro is an FPS too. Can anyone say black op2 was actually pound for pound better than Deus Ex H.R.? Now i don't always agree with critics but even they thought deus ex was much better than black ops2 and look how deus ex sells maybe 2 million including pc and Call of doody black oops2 sells 10 times that on xbox alone. Even worse a great immersive FPS with ten times the heart and story Metro 2033 sells under 500,000 copies, yes it sold in the ball park of four hundred thousand copies...shameful that a quality game like that sells all together less than what CoD sells in one day. Is this because CoD blows ops2 is soooooo much better than metro....? NO, it is not but brain washed sheep buy the same game with the same engine in it with the same graphics every single year, they just change the name or put a creative (1),(2),or (3) next to it and the lambs come running to shell out 60$ instead of getting a truly unique experience and maybe having some taste or style or any uniqueness of your own. Even a mega hit multiplatform game that in my opinion might be the best of all time the vaunted "Fallout 3" pales in comparison with around 8mil sold while each CoD game more than triples those sales. Can even a CoD fan name any CoD game that even comes close to being as great as Fallout 3....wait i forgot to say that modernwarfare 2 doesn't count........just kidding that would be too cruel because that is what you were gonna say right CoD fanboy you original gamer you, and i bet you play CoD on your XBOX too how original and i bet you don't even play the 4hr campaign do you? All you 14yr olds and 40yr olds alike just grab a slim jim, take a swig of Monster if you are 14 and of course Budweiser if you are 40 and start on that CoD multiplayer with all that great story and non repetitive MP gameplay, of course you do this while waiting in anticipation for bungie's next sterile, super unique( i.e. halo 3 odst) game. Oh wait bungie is actually doing something good now (i.e. Destiny) so i guess 343 or whatever their name is will be copy and pasting a new label on the same old halo game, but at least halo doesnt come out twice a year. Good luck on not being as good as Battlefield 4 Call of Doody Ghosts (scary ghosts) but hey there are enough dumb people out there so you will outsell them even with last gen graphics and the same exact engine as model warfare. Greedy, Greedy Activision shoveling crap and calling it caviar when will you stop buying it. Expand
  20. Apr 27, 2013
    While definitely not as good as the previous Black Ops, this game is undeniably more polished and functional. They've taken out things people hated like second chance, and added in some interesting things like the MMS to multiplayer. Single player is your average CoD campaign- pretty bland. Zombies mode is less fun but is a step away from previous levels and is more challenging. It justWhile definitely not as good as the previous Black Ops, this game is undeniably more polished and functional. They've taken out things people hated like second chance, and added in some interesting things like the MMS to multiplayer. Single player is your average CoD campaign- pretty bland. Zombies mode is less fun but is a step away from previous levels and is more challenging. It just isn't as fun.
    The Strike Force missions are fun though. I feel people who compain CoD never changes aren't looking at it objectively.
  21. Apr 25, 2013
    "All in all it's just another brick in the wall..."
  22. Apr 14, 2013
    After playing this game for a few months, I can say it is honestly impossible to not rage at this game with all the lag and BS that goes on. Pistols are OP'd, snipers run around quickscopin. I could write a 2 page essay about the flaws of this game's multiplayer. However I still don't believe it deserves a 4, its probably still better than 90% of fps out there
  23. Apr 9, 2013
    Considering the millions of pounds the Call of Duty franchise brings in every year, i'm really not surprised on how little has changed since the last. The multiplayer is a nice pass time in some areas but you can tell the maps and spawn locations have been rushed resulting in regular outbursts of frustration. The reason i didn't rate this game below five was it has a slightly above averageConsidering the millions of pounds the Call of Duty franchise brings in every year, i'm really not surprised on how little has changed since the last. The multiplayer is a nice pass time in some areas but you can tell the maps and spawn locations have been rushed resulting in regular outbursts of frustration. The reason i didn't rate this game below five was it has a slightly above average campaign bringing in old favorite's such as ,'Mason, Woods and Reznov' The campaign still feels very linear at times though with piles of cars creating the route or invisible walls. Overall verdict is that it's blatantly obvious that this game has been rushed and i don't see much improvement coming for the next one. Expand
  24. Mar 25, 2013
    It's not bad but the Over-popular and overrated Black oops 2 doesn't give the entertainment awesome video games need. Fans(or should I say lunatics) will not be pleased.
  25. Mar 3, 2013
    I do like this game, but the only thing keeping it alive is its on line Multiplayer experience. The campaign didn't excite me as such and the zombies well I can say that there is an improvement. Overall the game is not as bad as most people exaggerate.
  26. Feb 16, 2013
    The Campaign is probably the Best in the entire COD series. But the Mulitplaer is nothing but the same.
    Cheap kills, Campers, Head glitches, Hackers, Spammers, and much more makes the Mulitplayer Just the same it has been for the past 5 years. Just some new perks, Guns, and grenades.
    All the semi assault rifles are overpowered, Shotguns require no skill, and Quckscoping is back. Yay *sarcastic.* Zombies is improved from Black ops 1. Almost all the bugs from the first are fixed. It also has it's own Campaign. The maps are awesome and are better than the ones in Black ops 1. The Season Pass is just retarded. It cost's 60 Dollars and is activation's way of saying, you bought our 60 dollar game, Now spend 60 dollars more to actually get all the content.

Don't get this game if you're looking for a good multiplayer. But if you want this game for the story or zombies. Go right ahead.
  27. Feb 16, 2013
    Campaign is decent in comparison to other CoDs but still pretty mediocre. Multiplayer maps are also mediocre, and the game has some serious technical problems. The weapon balance is excellent, however, but in typical Treyarch fashion, there is very little variety among the weapons. Generally not enough recoil on them either. Zombies is actually a lot worse than it was in WaW and BO, butCampaign is decent in comparison to other CoDs but still pretty mediocre. Multiplayer maps are also mediocre, and the game has some serious technical problems. The weapon balance is excellent, however, but in typical Treyarch fashion, there is very little variety among the weapons. Generally not enough recoil on them either. Zombies is actually a lot worse than it was in WaW and BO, but still playable. The game is decent overall, but it lacks in innovation and change, as we have come to expect from Call of Duty titles. Overall, very meh. Expand
  28. Jan 31, 2013
    I was looking forward to Black Ops II because of the single player campaign. The new story choices, sci-fi overtones and the new tactical RTS elements looked intriguing. Unfortunately, the campaign turned out to be lackluster. Sure, there was the odd occasional mission that was special (such as the one where you body glide off a cliff) but it was mostly just linear shooting galleries. ItI was looking forward to Black Ops II because of the single player campaign. The new story choices, sci-fi overtones and the new tactical RTS elements looked intriguing. Unfortunately, the campaign turned out to be lackluster. Sure, there was the odd occasional mission that was special (such as the one where you body glide off a cliff) but it was mostly just linear shooting galleries. It was a far cry from the fun of Modern Warfare 2's highpoint. The new RTS missions are also laughably simplistic. They just don't seem to work very well. The multiplayer is solid but unspectacular. The best part of the suite is the fact that you're rarely overwhelmed by scorestreak attacks. There's nothing more frustrating than being relentlessly hounded by helicopters for the duration of an entire match! Sadly, the maps are too small and boxed in. This negates any real strategy and results in a reflex heavy twitch-shooter where players dart about like they're competing in a marathon. Basically speaking, Call of Duty: Black Ops II has sank from promising to disappointing. Expand
  29. Jan 27, 2013
    I don't see why people hate this game so much. It's certainly not a bad game, but it's certainly not a great game. The story and the general themes seem quite racist, with every non-white character (apart from Tony Todd) betraying the pure, hard working white characters seems racist, as the idea of killing white people will make Treyarch run for their safety blanket. But the story seemsI don't see why people hate this game so much. It's certainly not a bad game, but it's certainly not a great game. The story and the general themes seem quite racist, with every non-white character (apart from Tony Todd) betraying the pure, hard working white characters seems racist, as the idea of killing white people will make Treyarch run for their safety blanket. But the story seems like it has some deeper meanings, as it has room for exploring the theme of unmanned military and how it greatly effects war, but most of the time it just wants you to lose yourself in shooty action xenophoby-fun. The bog-standard shooting remains intact and the level design has been changed up from 'run down this corridor, kill the under-privileged' to 'go down these optional, slightly non-linear paths and kill the under-privileged whilst also being able to optionally man turrets and drones'. The choices have been fleshed out pretty well too, even though they are made fully explicit. I like how you can choose to shoot Tony Todd in the head or shoot him in the leg, but if you wait long enough the black guy will just knock him out for you. That's pretty neat. I like how the choices effect your future game, and it a great new take on a series established as being a linear conveyor-belt of linear linearity. The strike force missions are definitely the best part about the game and are heavily replayable, I just wish there were more of them. But I cannot praise competence as if it's excellence, as there have been more meaningful shooters that have come out this year that are generally more risky. Black Ops 2 is by all means safe, it doesn't try to challenge the player mentally, but is above average which is surprising because all other COD campaigns have been bog-standard at best. Overall, it's a refreshing game, and if you're a fan of multi-player shooters or zombie games, this is a must play. It's pretty much 3 passable games in one, and for $60, what more could you ask for? Expand
  30. Jan 20, 2013
    COD. A series which has been around for a while. Gets alot of love and hate. I'm not a fan of COD so I wasn't exactly being so "I CAN'T WAIT!" I got hold of the game when I seen it for 40 bucks. Jumping into the campaign, I realized amazing graphics in the cutscenes. I also seen Treyarch attempting to make it fresh, with story decisions and stuff like that. The campaign is simple, shootCOD. A series which has been around for a while. Gets alot of love and hate. I'm not a fan of COD so I wasn't exactly being so "I CAN'T WAIT!" I got hold of the game when I seen it for 40 bucks. Jumping into the campaign, I realized amazing graphics in the cutscenes. I also seen Treyarch attempting to make it fresh, with story decisions and stuff like that. The campaign is simple, shoot shoot, strategy strategy, shoot shoot decision decision, repeat. Zombies still remains at the top of the food chain (no pun intended) with new characters, a system with all maps in one game mode and a bank. Multiplayer is the same, with your diamond camos. This isn't bad, as I admit I spent alot of time on the multiplayer. If you like FPS games then buy this. If you dont, then play this somewhere else and see how it is. 7/10. Expand

1. Jan 12, 2013
    One of the most complete, albeit shaky, packages the series has ever seen. [Issue#226, p.68]
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    While the campaign length is fairly standard of past iterations of the series, it's worth multiple playthroughs and the multiplayer offers endless hours of fun and enjoyment; whether it's slaying zombies or facing off against other players in a wide range of multiplayer modes with an endless number of loadout combinations.
  3. Dec 23, 2012
    Worth checking out for online and the sci-fi novelty value alone. [Jan 2013, p.95]