5.1

1. May 13, 2015
    A moderate improvement over the previous two entries. Black Ops II actually tries to innovate the campaign along zombies and multiplayer. The campaign offered multiple endings which I'm not going to spoil, customizable loadouts for the missions, mission challenges, and the all-new strke force missions. I wholeheartedly enjoyed the campaign all the way through. Zombies did feature some newA moderate improvement over the previous two entries. Black Ops II actually tries to innovate the campaign along zombies and multiplayer. The campaign offered multiple endings which I'm not going to spoil, customizable loadouts for the missions, mission challenges, and the all-new strke force missions. I wholeheartedly enjoyed the campaign all the way through. Zombies did feature some new elements but it mostly the same as it's always been but I still had a good time.The Multiplayer while not as frustrating as Black Ops 1's was, it's largely a mixed bag in terms of gameplay elements. Overall Black Ops II mostly keeps the series in motion while still trying new techniques. Final score 82/100 Expand
  2. Mar 2, 2015
    loved the way zombies a good multiplayer incredible story and good gameplay are not liked the way strike force n understand anything but the game and good
  3. Feb 23, 2015
    Campaign is actually somewhat nice, as you can make decisions which influences the outcome of the game. But other than the game is crap. This was the last Call of Duty I ever bought. The graphics are becoming outdated and the Multiplayer is complete crap. Zombies is the only thing that kept me playing this game.
  4. Feb 7, 2015
    This is my favorite Call of Duty. I have played them all starting from COD 3. Not sure why it is, but I just really like the maps, weapons, leveling interface, graphics and well, everything. The only thing i dont like is the knifing interface, it is horrid.
  5. Dec 30, 2014
    The story line is jolly good. the Zombies are also quite good but become amazing once the DLCs are added but the multiplayer like all new Cod games is trash. if you like the other COD zombies then this game is a must buy.
  6. Dec 12, 2014
    Complete and utter rubbish. The main multiplayer mechanics are broken and don't work properly. The hit detection is poor resulting in shoot first die first, the camara angles are out of sync resulting in invisible player models and the spawns are terrible. Especially in Domination. Only reason I didn't give this game a 0/10 is cause of the zombies. Not as good as World at War and Black OpsComplete and utter rubbish. The main multiplayer mechanics are broken and don't work properly. The hit detection is poor resulting in shoot first die first, the camara angles are out of sync resulting in invisible player models and the spawns are terrible. Especially in Domination. Only reason I didn't give this game a 0/10 is cause of the zombies. Not as good as World at War and Black Ops 1 zombies but it's the best thing the game has to offer. Expand
  7. Dec 11, 2014
    Second best cod ever, after bo1. treyarc seems to be the studio that has a clue as to what it's doing. Infinity ward...and now sledgehammer are clueless with their spawning systems. Revenge spawns are for garbage players that need the help to get a kill. treyarc let's good players play.
  8. Nov 29, 2014
    It's another great Call of Duty which kept me entertained for an year. The campaign was awesome, with a lot of extra things compared to the other games: you get to pick the weapon you start the mission with, "Access Points", etc. and the multiple endings. The Zombies mode was quite boring, comparing it to Black Ops I. However, the Multiplayer was indeed great, keeping all the features inIt's another great Call of Duty which kept me entertained for an year. The campaign was awesome, with a lot of extra things compared to the other games: you get to pick the weapon you start the mission with, "Access Points", etc. and the multiple endings. The Zombies mode was quite boring, comparing it to Black Ops I. However, the Multiplayer was indeed great, keeping all the features in Black Ops I, even the bad ones like loss of connection... The worst thing you will notice on the Multiplayer is the Max Prestige, 5 year-olds screaming in the microphone that have the most kills in their team. Except from that, this is a MUST in your COD collection. Expand
  9. Nov 23, 2014
    This **** is just a joke. **** maps, **** players, **** weapons. Is the same **** time and time again and you just want to stop playing more than keep playing.
  10. Nov 10, 2014
    This COD has excellent pacing, something MW3 and Ghosts didn't have, which is the main reason I came back to it and Blops 1. On the negative side, this game has some annoying guns that did not receive patching. These are the snipers that seem to have a ten foot hitbox and the annoying shotguns, especially the Remington. How can a sniper beat a SMG up close? Honestly those two gunsThis COD has excellent pacing, something MW3 and Ghosts didn't have, which is the main reason I came back to it and Blops 1. On the negative side, this game has some annoying guns that did not receive patching. These are the snipers that seem to have a ten foot hitbox and the annoying shotguns, especially the Remington. How can a sniper beat a SMG up close? Honestly those two guns paired with dexterity almost breaks the game for me. Don't even get me started on the target finder LMG slobs that camp at the back of the game. The game was great on launch, as it was SMG/AR dominant. Don't know why Vonderhaar nerfed the hell outta the SMG's. The game is still better than Ghosts, which goes to say how horrible that game is. Expand
  11. Nov 3, 2014
    Since these reviews are filled with grammatical errors, and the spelling is atrocious, I disregarded these jaded reviews. Good thing. I enjoyed the game. The best shooter out there, all COD titles. Nothing comes close. But you **** want it to be orgasmic. Grow up. Or go back to Minecraft.
  12. Nov 1, 2014
    This game is not nearly as bad as the user score makes it out to be. Let me start off by saying this: I grew up playing these games (No, I'm not one of those god-awful pottymouth 8 year olds), so I may be a little biased, but hey, this is my opinion. The game's campaign is the best since CoD 4's, and although the villain's motives can definitely be called into question, you definitely wantThis game is not nearly as bad as the user score makes it out to be. Let me start off by saying this: I grew up playing these games (No, I'm not one of those god-awful pottymouth 8 year olds), so I may be a little biased, but hey, this is my opinion. The game's campaign is the best since CoD 4's, and although the villain's motives can definitely be called into question, you definitely want to see him dead by the end of the game. In addition, Treyarch added in the much-needed addition of player choice into the story. The graphics are a big improvement since the previous installments, with the cutscenes looking particularly nice. The multiplayer is CoD at its finest, so whether or not you like CoD's gameplay will most likely dictate what you think of the multiplayer. I personally really like it, however. Zombies mode, although much more ambitious in scope and narrative, simply feels a little less fun than Black Ops 1 zombies, with the focus being now on easter eggs and completing certain objectives than to simply see how long you can survive. The DLC maps are nice, albeit forgettable. Once again, how much you like CoD as a whole will dictate whether or not you should get the DLCs.

Campaign - 9/10
    Multiplayer - 9.5/10
    Zombies - 6.5/10

Overall - 8/10
  13. Oct 29, 2014
    I really LOVE this game!!!!!! It is in my opinion the best Call of Duty game yet. I really like the multiplayer the best. It is a very fun game o play with your friends. I wished i could rate it higher.
  14. Sep 25, 2014
    I actually love this game!

Compared to the newer COD games being released, I feel this COD, along with MW2 & MW3, are actually good ones. I don't know if this is just my experience with others, making it enjoyable, or even if you played alone it's a great time. Someone else can cover that.

9/10, as the campaign is exactly the same as the others.
    (Would be 10/10 if it was differed).
  15. Sep 5, 2014
    Eh. Its not that great. The main problem with cod: THE HACKERS! There are so many hackers. The multiplayer always lagged. The gameplay in this game wasn't bad but not good either. The only reason i'm not giving this game a 3/10 is because zombies. If black ops zombies was its own game i would give it a 7/10. But its not. Describe this with 3 words: Lag,Hackers,Disappointing.
  16. Jul 15, 2014
    Is 2014, and this game still sucks like sh**.

Campaign? Good, I think, but short. Multiplayer? Terrible, lag, unbalanced weapons and the worst community. Zombies? Wants to be like L4D (with crappy stuff) and... fails. Graphics? Please rip off your eyes. Gameplay? Still being the same. Fun? If you are fanboy, buy it and have sex with it... but if you are a FPS fan...
    Is 2014, and this game still sucks like sh**.

Campaign? Good, I think, but short.

Multiplayer? Terrible, lag, unbalanced weapons and the worst community.

Zombies? Wants to be like L4D (with crappy stuff) and... fails.

Graphics? Please rip off your eyes.

Gameplay? Still being the same.

Fun? If you are fanboy, buy it and have sex with it...

but if you are a FPS fan... no... just, no.
  17. Jul 9, 2014
    its the best black ops yet but should extend the levels on campaign the guns are brilliant but should upgraid them more often the multiplayer is awsome! i recomend this to anyone who enjoyes playing high quility shooting games.
  18. Jun 23, 2014
    The Call of Duty user reviews on Metacritic are nothing but **** Seriously, go to a REAL review site if you want to know whether or not this game is worth it. Otherwise, I can tell you right now this is the first game in a LONG time that tries to be more innovative. Though a different approach with the single-player campaign, a mutliplayer that actually builds from what Black Ops 1The Call of Duty user reviews on Metacritic are nothing but **** Seriously, go to a REAL review site if you want to know whether or not this game is worth it. Otherwise, I can tell you right now this is the first game in a LONG time that tries to be more innovative. Though a different approach with the single-player campaign, a mutliplayer that actually builds from what Black Ops 1 establishes, and bunch of other goodies, Black Ops II is easily the best game in the series since COD4 (or Modern Warfare 2, if you actually enjoyed it). And this is coming from someone who HATES modern cover-based shooters.

...But seriously, go to Giant Bomb and read their review. When it comes to Call of Duty, Metacritic reviews suck.
  19. Jun 15, 2014
    The first Call of Duty game I've ever owned and put time and effort into. While it's not exactly a bad game, Black Ops II suffers from focusing too much on online play. The offline play is fine if you're happy with mediocre A.I., which isn't that big of a deal considering many games of this genre refuse to use A.I. bots in order to put a heavier focus involving online play. TheThe first Call of Duty game I've ever owned and put time and effort into. While it's not exactly a bad game, Black Ops II suffers from focusing too much on online play. The offline play is fine if you're happy with mediocre A.I., which isn't that big of a deal considering many games of this genre refuse to use A.I. bots in order to put a heavier focus involving online play. The single-player campaign is awful...and this is why almost nobody plays the campaigns of this franchise. Lack of story, good narrative, variety in the levels, or even good level design within the campaign means there's no real reason to bother with it, especially considering the short length which can last only two hours if you happen to be good. If you enjoy quick thrills and competitive play, then this game will suit your needs. Expand
  20. Jun 14, 2014
    It's true that Black Ops II has some flaws. The bigger ones are that the zombie maps are **** the game is linear, and falls in the category of six-hour gameplay, and even though it's set only a decade from our current year, soldiers carry sniper rifles that can pierce entire buildings, gloves that stick to surfaces and gigantic warfare robots.
    But it has some redemption. First, there's
    But it has some redemption. First, there's branching storyline. Who the hell doesn't like branching decisions? And to make you curious, there's a twist in the story that'll make you throw your remote out the window. Second, we get to remeet our old pals, Hudson, Mason and Woods. I loved Black Ops, so we get a warm feeling of being back home.
    The game has various flaws, but if you don't think about it, it's simple and plain fun.
  21. May 28, 2014
    Fantastic campaign combined with endless hours of multiplayer enjoyment not to mention zombies give this game a definite 10. My favorite COD campaign, second favorite multiplayer (BO1 first).
  22. May 19, 2014
    this cod has the best story of all the cods since the bad guy this time is a proper bad guy, i really liked the mp this time around only thing disappointing was zombies which is sad cause that was really the reason i got into cod in the first place
  23. May 6, 2014
    Black Ops 2 is definitely one of the great Call of Dutys. It has a fantastic Campaign, the multiplayer is almost perfect except for the lag! Zombies is better than before and the multiplayer is actually fun to play, if you can't choose between Black Ops 2 and Ghosts then i STRONGLY recommend this.
  24. Apr 6, 2014
    Easily my favorite Call of Duty game to date. Yes, even better than Modern Warfare, better than Black Ops 1, better than Ghosts. As hard as I try, I cannot think of anything that was done wrong with this game. Story was great. Music was great. Multiplayer was the most well balanced, fun, and addicting in the series. Zombies was meh, but that's just me. I've never been much into Zombies.Easily my favorite Call of Duty game to date. Yes, even better than Modern Warfare, better than Black Ops 1, better than Ghosts. As hard as I try, I cannot think of anything that was done wrong with this game. Story was great. Music was great. Multiplayer was the most well balanced, fun, and addicting in the series. Zombies was meh, but that's just me. I've never been much into Zombies. Gameplay is solid as usual for the series. Expand
  25. Apr 5, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10 Graphics: 8 out of 10 Gameplay: 8 out of 10 Fun: 5 out of 10 Controls: 9 out of 10 Ease to Learn: 8 out of 10
    Length: 7 out of 10
    Re-play: 7.5 out of 10
    Audio: 8 out of 10
    Bugs/Glitches: not much
  26. Mar 9, 2014
    Probably on of the best first person shooters out there. This game is ten-times better then Ghost and MW3. Treyarch is the dominating game developer..
  27. Jan 28, 2014
    A pretty fun game to play online, or with your friends. Zombies is kind of in between good and bad. The campaign is horrible, yet again. But the multiplayer is what counts, so there for my honest score is a 7/10
  28. Jan 16, 2014
    This franchise has gone pretty stale. The story mode is unengaging and the graphics are not extraordinary. Zombie mode is just alright. The multiplayer is this game's only slight redemption, however it doesn't really offer anything different from previous COD releases. There are much better FPS games on the market. If you are a person that doesn't expect the least bit of depth in yourThis franchise has gone pretty stale. The story mode is unengaging and the graphics are not extraordinary. Zombie mode is just alright. The multiplayer is this game's only slight redemption, however it doesn't really offer anything different from previous COD releases. There are much better FPS games on the market. If you are a person that doesn't expect the least bit of depth in your games, are satisfied with "just another COD", and want a mildly entertaining run-and-gun multiplayer experience... you might like this. I however do not. Expand
  29. Jan 7, 2014
    This game sucks. You get the dumbest deaths, people that use lmgs have like 1000% health, and the lag is HORRIBLE. Dont get the game unless your amazing at COD. This game can be fun if your good at it but for me i stink and die all the die so i dont have fun.
  30. Jan 2, 2014
    Overall this is a fine addition to the Call of Duty franchise. The campaign is the best yet, in my opinion, and will last for some time. The multiplayer is flawed and has many errors that need tweaking. The lobbies aren't friendly at all either. Multiplayer again is basically a copy of the past. The only mode that stands out is zombies. A quick match will leave you hungry for another game,Overall this is a fine addition to the Call of Duty franchise. The campaign is the best yet, in my opinion, and will last for some time. The multiplayer is flawed and has many errors that need tweaking. The lobbies aren't friendly at all either. Multiplayer again is basically a copy of the past. The only mode that stands out is zombies. A quick match will leave you hungry for another game, and is always fun to try and survive the onslaught with others. Yes, it I a copy of the past, but still might be worth your time. Expand

1. Jan 12, 2013
    One of the most complete, albeit shaky, packages the series has ever seen. [Issue#226, p.68]
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    While the campaign length is fairly standard of past iterations of the series, it's worth multiple playthroughs and the multiplayer offers endless hours of fun and enjoyment; whether it's slaying zombies or facing off against other players in a wide range of multiplayer modes with an endless number of loadout combinations.
  3. Dec 23, 2012
    Worth checking out for online and the sci-fi novelty value alone. [Jan 2013, p.95]