Call of Duty: Black Ops II PlayStation 3

5.2

1. Dec 22, 2012
    I've only played a little bit of this game, but it's fantastic. Multiplayer is fun, as is zombies. I'm not into games like this for the campaign, so if there's any criticisms there, I can't really comment, but both zombies and multiplayer make this game worth it.
  2. Nov 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off the mark, this is still very much a Call Of Duty game through and through. With each year that passes each release of this annual franchise exceeds the overwhelming (and frightening) gross of its predecessor, does this mean it is we, the users who are to blame for the repetitiveness? No, not quite. This is a beautiful cash cow for the suits over at Activision, a safe haven for a guaranteed payday once November rolls around. But I think this time, like the first Black Ops instalment, Treyarch are attempting to maybe not rock, but gently cradle the boat in changing this franchise.
    I had an overwhelmingly positive reaction to the first Black Ops instalment, but the complete opposite to Infinity Ward/Sledgehammers year old Modern Warfare 3. Black Ops changed the narrative of the other entries into this franchise, not so much hell bent on killing everything in sight but actually creating a story, and a captivating one at that, one which has continued into Black Ops II. Decision making has made a welcome debut (correct me if needed) to this franchise.
    The campaign, albeit a medicare 8 hours, was thoroughly captivating from the beginning. We are re-introduced to the originals of Mason, Woods and Hudson and their search and capture of the the terrorist threat known as Menendez. this mostly happens through a very old Woods re-telling the story to David Mason, Alex Masons son, in the futuristic 2025. Without delving too far into the backbone of the story, there is a sense of despair on both sides of this campaign, Menendez is a truly troubled individual with a tragic past, an antagonist that can be very relatable unlike previous entries, this game, in my opinion doesnt rely on their groundbreaking cinematics for cheap thrills (the little girl in London, really?) but to show the emotion in these characters who we have now known for two instalments. The decisions to be made in this game truly are difficult as we, the players know that this will indeed have a tremendous impact on the remainder of our play through.
    These are by no means massive overhauls to this ageing franchise but they are indeed steps in the correct direction. The multiplayer has introduced several different elements to coax new players in, gone are the killstreak days which have been replaced with "scorestreaks". The maps are significantly better than those of MW3, they're not as crowded, and respawn, for now, has improved.
    With a game like this, i do find it hard to have a genuine hatred. These are yearly releases which now have an overwhelming emphasis on multiplayer. I make it a point to complete the campaign/story before even considering going near multiplayer, that cash I paid needs to go somewhere. Call of Duty: Black Ops II is my no means a diamond in the rough, a hidden gem blah blah blah, but to hate on a game which is trying to change (Treyarch at least) but still maintain the money spinner that is Call Of Duty, there needs to be a compromise. Are these gamers really going out and buying this with the notion thats its going to change all the rules? If so then i suggest you wait on a game that is three plus years in the making. Whatever the next title will be in 2013, one thing is for sure, it will make more than Black Ops II simply because it is new, and thats why we the gamers win the battle, by subtle changes to the game, but Activision win the war, because they are still going to make millions, no matter what entry they churn out or how many. This is why i gave this game an 8. Treyarch did things differently with the first Black Ops and they have continued to do so with this, its not a game-changer but it is an attempt to listen to the players and to compete with other developers in the same franchise, without a doubt one of the better Call Of Duty titles in a long time.
  3. Dec 22, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is almost three great games in one. It has a fantastic campaign with multiple endings, improved multiplayer, and an enhanced zombies mode.
  4. Jan 16, 2013
    i love it i am not big call of duty fan i prefer skyrim zombies game etc But i won this game i said try it out this was best game ever i like Multiplayer & zombie maps

i love it if call of duty would turn around do whole call duty zombie i mean not just zombie maps i mean i mean like left 4 dead but better
  5. Sep 27, 2013
    I was really expecting this game to be okay at best, but i was wrong. Black Ops 2 is what its predesesor should have been, The graphics are improved the multiplayer is fun as hell, the gameplay is at its best and above all its story mode and characters are amazing. Black Ops 2 is my favorite COD and has one of the best villains in gaming history, Raul Menendez.
  6. Jul 15, 2013
    Okay, here's yet another Call of Duty game. If you've played every CoD game from CoD4, you know what to expect. Only this time, the game is set mostly in the future.

Let's look at the single-player campaign. To be honest, you have to give credit to Treyarch for trying something new with the campaign structure. What you do will affect what path you take and how the story turns out. It's nice to take a break away from the linear campaign structure, as what was done in the past. The story was quite ok.

Zombie mode. They actually have done SOME improvements, but why do we need a storyline here?

Multiplayer: Here is what people care about the most. I like the idea that you can prestige your weapons once you max out your level. Other than that, it's really the same Call of Duty multiplayer from the past games, except that it's in the future. It should be noted that there are parts of the singleplayer that is set in the 1980s. Why can't we have that in the multiplayer? You know a mode set in the future and a mode set in the past? That would be something.

Overall: The only surprise you should expect from BO2 is the non-linear single-player structure. Multiplayer is quite the same. It's still fun, though. BO2 does NOT suck, but if you're expecting a totally revamped CoD, you'll be disappointed.

P.S. Wake up, IW and Treyarch. This is the same engine used for five years. Give us a new engine already! Small lighting changes don't cut it.
  7. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops, possibly the best Treyarch Call of Duty has created a sequel. Is it good? Yes, the changes and gameplay are amazing. But what did I miss? Oh that's right, the idiotic trolls giving the game a 0. It's apparent at how many idiots there are, and possibly a good number of those who will vote my review down because I'm not playing their game, but enough about that.Call of Duty: Black Ops, possibly the best Treyarch Call of Duty has created a sequel. Is it good? Yes, the changes and gameplay are amazing. But what did I miss? Oh that's right, the idiotic trolls giving the game a 0. It's apparent at how many idiots there are, and possibly a good number of those who will vote my review down because I'm not playing their game, but enough about that. Black Ops 2 has a great campaign mode writen by David Goyer who helped write the Dark Knight. The storyline is clever although not the standout if the game. The game sees even brighter light with the Multiplayer. It's as good as it's ever been and added some new designs for good measure. The zombie mode, seemed like a flop due to the dissaperence of the original characters, but, zombies changed to much it makes it all worth it. Tranzit is the highlight of zombies, showing off the new made "Greenrun" and a whole new direction for Call of Duty. This is as good as the original Black Ops which I gave an 8/10. Well done, Treyarch. Expand
  8. Nov 10, 2013
    The low user score is unfair but who can stop the fanboys... Another successful installment of the CoD series with a few welcome tweaks.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: The Black Ops series started with a great story with the set in the cold war era. This one continues with the same story travelling between that era and the near plausible future. Well thought and well delivered. As for the characters they are well built and you can relate to their story. Menendez steals the show.
    PRESENTATION: As good as ever. In a time when the next gen consoles dominate the conversations BO2 still manages to deliver great quality graphics even with an aging engine. Whatever that means.
    GAMEPLAY: Not many innovations here but why mess in a winning formula right? Exception made to the strike force missions. Did not liked them and feel a bit off in the campaign.
    PROGRESSION: Treyarch tweaked the progression system on the online experience to a new level with the pick 10 system and the weapons prestige. Very good idea if you ask me.
    ONLINE: Picking up with the above mentioned the MP is even better with the referred pick 10 and weapon prestige which delivers a very well balanced and engaging online experience.
    The CoD series still delivers the best FPS game around. No doubt about that.
  9. Nov 1, 2014
    This game is not nearly as bad as the user score makes it out to be. Let me start off by saying this: I grew up playing these games (No, I'm not one of those god-awful pottymouth 8 year olds), so I may be a little biased, but hey, this is my opinion. The game's campaign is the best since CoD 4's, and although the villain's motives can definitely be called into question, you definitely wantThis game is not nearly as bad as the user score makes it out to be. Let me start off by saying this: I grew up playing these games (No, I'm not one of those god-awful pottymouth 8 year olds), so I may be a little biased, but hey, this is my opinion. The game's campaign is the best since CoD 4's, and although the villain's motives can definitely be called into question, you definitely want to see him dead by the end of the game. In addition, Treyarch added in the much-needed addition of player choice into the story. The graphics are a big improvement since the previous installments, with the cutscenes looking particularly nice. The multiplayer is CoD at its finest, so whether or not you like CoD's gameplay will most likely dictate what you think of the multiplayer. I personally really like it, however. Zombies mode, although much more ambitious in scope and narrative, simply feels a little less fun than Black Ops 1 zombies, with the focus being now on easter eggs and completing certain objectives than to simply see how long you can survive. The DLC maps are nice, albeit forgettable. Once again, how much you like CoD as a whole will dictate whether or not you should get the DLCs.

Campaign - 9/10
    Multiplayer - 9.5/10
    Zombies - 6.5/10

Overall - 8/10
  10. Mar 2, 2015
    loved the way zombies a good multiplayer incredible story and good gameplay are not liked the way strike force n understand anything but the game and good
  11. Feb 4, 2013
    The call of duty franchise as a whole gets so much hate for it's continuing success and I am not the biggest fan of the series but I thought black ops 1 was a fun game, especially with some friends. The campaign of this game is probably the best of any call of duty ever, its very varied and has so many cool little set pieces we've come to expect from the series. The story however isThe call of duty franchise as a whole gets so much hate for it's continuing success and I am not the biggest fan of the series but I thought black ops 1 was a fun game, especially with some friends. The campaign of this game is probably the best of any call of duty ever, its very varied and has so many cool little set pieces we've come to expect from the series. The story however is uninteresting and the new protagonists are extremely boring and forgettable. Also the new strike force RTS segments have so much potential that is wasted with terrible friendly AI, thankfully these are mostly optional. The multiplayer has new ideas that in my opinion make it the most refined yet, but it feels way to similar to the other games which isn't really a problem as the games are fun but I got bored way faster than in the original black ops. As long as you're not expecting something completely fresh the multiplayer is still fun. The zombies mode was my favorite part of the original and this is the gamemode they've changed the most surprisingly. The zombies campaign treyarch promised is nothing more than a large map with a bus and build-able items which is somewhat disappointing but still fun. There are only three maps unless you get the special edition which is not too great considering these are just parts of the large tranzit map made into to small little arenas. The zombies mode is still fun but a little disappointing considering on how hyped up it was. Overall though this is still a fun package with hours of content and fun to be had. Expand
  12. Nov 2, 2013
    Let me first say that I had no interest in Black Ops 2 initially. Like many, I thought I was done with the Call of Duty franchise as each year it became more of the same. However, I rented Black Ops 2 and that changed very quickly. The campaign is probably my third favorite (behind Modern Warfare and Black Ops). I did not think it was nearly as great as most say it is. I really don't mindLet me first say that I had no interest in Black Ops 2 initially. Like many, I thought I was done with the Call of Duty franchise as each year it became more of the same. However, I rented Black Ops 2 and that changed very quickly. The campaign is probably my third favorite (behind Modern Warfare and Black Ops). I did not think it was nearly as great as most say it is. I really don't mind since I play through the campaign once before I delve into the real purpose of the CoD games..the multiplayer. The multiplayer is far and away the best since Modern Warfare revolutionized it about five years ago. Since 2007, it is been more of the same with more tweaks here and there, but this game allows for alot of customization. Multiplayer has so many options to fit your play style especially with the Pick 10 style. I can go into a game with no grenades if I want and stock up on perks. Also, the emblem creator is better than ever with more slots and customization. It's a fun way to express yourself even if some user emblems are not exactly PG rated. While there are some technical issues and the game is not perfect, the game is the most fun I've had playing online to date. I've owned it for a few weeks and have already put in over 100 hours and I haven't felt even begun to get bored. Expand
  13. Nov 18, 2012
    Campaign is solid. Zombies are as overrated as ever. But the multiplayer returns with an added zest. The graphics have been bumped up from Black ops 1 , which is lucky as they were a jerky mess before. The games fluidity now matches it's IW brother but has less game breaking killstreaks and weapons. The pick ten points system is a stroke of genius and the maps are much more ergonomic thanCampaign is solid. Zombies are as overrated as ever. But the multiplayer returns with an added zest. The graphics have been bumped up from Black ops 1 , which is lucky as they were a jerky mess before. The games fluidity now matches it's IW brother but has less game breaking killstreaks and weapons. The pick ten points system is a stroke of genius and the maps are much more ergonomic than Infinity wards ugly high walled prisons. I was an Infinity Ward fan right up until the release of mw3. I loved ( and still do ) COD 4 and MW2 , but the control has well and truly passed to Treyarch. Infinity Ward the ball is in your court. Try and match this! Expand
  14. Aug 3, 2015
    I love this game, great campaign and great local/multiplayer. zombies is okay too. it's kind of the perfect shooter for me, I like pretty much everything about it
  15. Jan 2, 2014
    Overall this is a fine addition to the Call of Duty franchise. The campaign is the best yet, in my opinion, and will last for some time. The multiplayer is flawed and has many errors that need tweaking. The lobbies aren't friendly at all either. Multiplayer again is basically a copy of the past. The only mode that stands out is zombies. A quick match will leave you hungry for another game,Overall this is a fine addition to the Call of Duty franchise. The campaign is the best yet, in my opinion, and will last for some time. The multiplayer is flawed and has many errors that need tweaking. The lobbies aren't friendly at all either. Multiplayer again is basically a copy of the past. The only mode that stands out is zombies. A quick match will leave you hungry for another game, and is always fun to try and survive the onslaught with others. Yes, it I a copy of the past, but still might be worth your time. Expand
  16. Nov 22, 2012
    I got mine on the day it came out. I knew going into it all I would be playing is the multiplayer as I don't like zombies or the story. The last call of duty story was lame and never made it past the first 2 hours. Same with this one was boring. I like playing Batman Arkum City and the story on this was does not even compare. However the multiplayer is fantastic. A lot of the same butI got mine on the day it came out. I knew going into it all I would be playing is the multiplayer as I don't like zombies or the story. The last call of duty story was lame and never made it past the first 2 hours. Same with this one was boring. I like playing Batman Arkum City and the story on this was does not even compare. However the multiplayer is fantastic. A lot of the same but different. Better guns, maps and equipment. I love playing the multiplayer with my friends. Expand
  17. Aug 2, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II 9/10.......................................................................................................................
  18. May 19, 2014
    this cod has the best story of all the cods since the bad guy this time is a proper bad guy, i really liked the mp this time around only thing disappointing was zombies which is sad cause that was really the reason i got into cod in the first place
  19. Aug 15, 2015
    I really like this game. I like the fact that you can sort of have a say in how it plays out with the different options presenting themselves in the story. As for the multiplayer I think it is my favourite out of all of them as the maps are so easy to get used to, and the graphics are fairly decent.
  20. Sep 3, 2015
    call of duty black ops 2 is a great game made from treyarch. bo2 is one of the best cod made. mulitplayer is hands down more improved than mw3. zombies is amazing. and the campaign is great as well. if you love cod, pick up bo2!
  21. Jan 18, 2013
    COD is GOD, this franchise is popular for a reason, the games are fast, well made and most of all FUN. Too many people buy a Call of Duty game expecting it to be more than it is and are ultimately disappointed as these reviews show. Personally I love it when a new one comes out, I don't care for multiplayer because of the morons you typically find in the playlists.. Oh the tedium of itCOD is GOD, this franchise is popular for a reason, the games are fast, well made and most of all FUN. Too many people buy a Call of Duty game expecting it to be more than it is and are ultimately disappointed as these reviews show. Personally I love it when a new one comes out, I don't care for multiplayer because of the morons you typically find in the playlists.. Oh the tedium of it all, but the single player campaign.. That is where it's at for me, yes.. They are often short however some people like myself like to play the entire story from beginning to end for instance when I bought BO2 I first played WAW, BO and then BO2 so the game had continuity and context, the experience was great even better is the element of choice that has been incorporated into the game. The strike force missions in particular are a lot of fun and allow the implementation of strategy, for without... You are boned. Those with less than average intelligence should just stick to multiplayer matches and gold plated guns and not attempt these missions at all, or you could write a half arsed review and post it here with the other haters, I give this game a 10. Expand
  22. Jun 14, 2014
    It's true that Black Ops II has some flaws. The bigger ones are that the zombie maps are **** the game is linear, and falls in the category of six-hour gameplay, and even though it's set only a decade from our current year, soldiers carry sniper rifles that can pierce entire buildings, gloves that stick to surfaces and gigantic warfare robots.
    But it has some redemption. First, there's
    But it has some redemption. First, there's branching storyline. Who the hell doesn't like branching decisions? And to make you curious, there's a twist in the story that'll make you throw your remote out the window. Second, we get to remeet our old pals, Hudson, Mason and Woods. I loved Black Ops, so we get a warm feeling of being back home.
    The game has various flaws, but if you don't think about it, it's simple and plain fun.
  23. Nov 14, 2012
    I don´t know why this game is so critised by the people. This game comes with the best multiplayer of this year, the most complete and it brings hours and hours of entertainment. The zombies are, in my opinion, the best alter-mode of a game in all history. I think it´s the best mode of this game for playing with friends.
    The campaing mode is amazing too, like all the other of
    The campaing mode is amazing too, like all the other of call of duty. For me, the best campaing was Black Ops 1, and this is as interesting and as exciting as the first black ops.

In conclusion, my final conclusion of this game:

The best: Hundreds and thousands of hours of entertainment at multiplayer and at zombies. The movie mode in zombies is amazing. The campaing mode is also incredible.
    The worst: Now, so much bugs to matchmaking at multiplayer. Graphics a bit bad in 2012. Games like MOH Warfighter, BTF 3 or Crysis 2 have so much better graphics than this game.
  24. Jun 6, 2013
    Haters love to hate and say that critics reviews for this game is biased. Maybe, but isn't haters just as biased. After all, they're probably fan boys of Halo or Battlefield and they think that the franchise is so superior that they have to hate every other games by saying it's the same thing every year (which is pretty cheap). But don't worry, this review is not biased. This review comesHaters love to hate and say that critics reviews for this game is biased. Maybe, but isn't haters just as biased. After all, they're probably fan boys of Halo or Battlefield and they think that the franchise is so superior that they have to hate every other games by saying it's the same thing every year (which is pretty cheap). But don't worry, this review is not biased. This review comes from a person who plays Call of Duty but accepts the fact that other franchises are just as good or better, but some do suck. We can't like everything but you can trust an unbiased review, like this one, where details about the game are considered, not the haters who say it's the same because it is and that's it.

Call of Duty is not getting better but to say it's the same is completely false and that's not even an opinion, it's a fact. Sequels can be different but they generally aren't which would usually make the franchise, as well as the business, inconsistent. Is Halo 2 so much different than Halo: Combat Evolved? Don't expect something completely new, it's a new game for a franchise that's been around for almost 10 years now. Also, game franchises that are released annually doesn't mean bad. Is Call of Duty the only franchise that does this? No, look at Assassin's Creed and Fifa. So, there are three modes. Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies. Seen before but revamped with added features. Campaign is the first in the franchise to feature branching storyline driven by player choice. It's also the first to feature nonlinear gameplay, thanks to it's multiple endings. But this feature is not so impressive if you're not into the story in the Black Ops series, you would instead go straight into the multiplayer like many fans. If you are, campaign is a real treat. The way you play the game is different and the story is not too predictable. Strike Force sounds awesome on paper and it could have been if it had been executed a bit better. The AI for allies is poor, you often have to direct them to one area and then do everything yourself.

When it comes to multiplayer, Infinity Ward has always been stronger with a more innovative and addictive multiplayer mode that adds depth to the franchise. Infected and Kill Confirmed especially in Modern Warfare 3. Theatre Mode sucks, it doesn't save all recent gameplays and you can only view them as clips but hopefully Treyarch will fix that. There are obviously new stuff you would expect such as guns, perks and scorestreaks. Pick 10 system is the best system in the franchise for class customization. It changes the way you play the game so instead of having to choose a grenade, you can replace it with another attachment if that's what you prefer. Wildcards cost one point each, they break the normal rules of creating a class, which allows you to select an additional perk. Three wildcards can be used in a loadout at a time which lets you select a perk from Tier 1, 2 or 3. The Pick 10 systems lets you choose 10 elements to make up a loadout and this is a system that should be used in future titles. Good thing about small maps is that the gameplay is paced faster so that shouldn't be a negative aspect, although the multiplayer map designs aren't the best in Black Ops II. CODCast is an innovative feature which allows you stream via YouTube if making YouTube video is one of your hobbies, which it is for many people. There may be a lot of little kids online but children these days don't play games that are age appropriate. Does that mean the franchise is bad? Hell, no! Kids play Grand Theft Auto and Halo but I don't hear any complaints about that. They may ruin the multiplayer experience but it's no one's fault but the parent who is responsible for the content that their child plays and watch.

Zombies comes with two new modes as well as Survival, Tranzit and Grief. Grief supports 8 players, 4 players per team, and the team wins if at least one of their players is the last one to survive. Tranzit mode is basically a combination of multiple maps and the only way to travel is by bus, as you might have seen in the trailer. Zombie is good fun and these are fun new modes if you want to play more than just Survival. Lava encourages you not to stand in one place, like you could do in previous titles featuring zombies, and it makes it more challenging but it's also annoying. When you get hit by a zombie a few times, you would often run into a lava and you could die. Still, you die and try again in many video games. Zombie is still the best aspect of Black Ops. Graphics isn't everything and it doesn't have to look the best, the franchise isn't really known for having the best graphics, but it's still good enough for the standard of modern games. They use the same engine from Black Ops and improved it but because Infinity Ward uses a newer engine for their Call of Duty games, Modern Warfare 3 looks better.
  25. Aug 17, 2013
    9.1 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

9.1 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

This does not beat the original "Black Ops"-game in my book, but it does come pretty close. While it does not greatly improve upon the Call of Duty series, like "Black Ops" did, it does continue what the original did right. The things we loved about "Black Ops" can easily be found here (the customization, zombies, combat training and more), but sadly, so can much of the things we didn't like (the confusing aspects of the story, for example).

For being a very linear series, it comes as a surprise that this Call of Duty-game packs 6 different endings, depending on the decisions you make during the campaign. This, I believe, is a bad move. It puts unwanted pressure on the player that causes us to constantly replay missions to make sure we get the best ending. I constantly found myself looking up the right decision online whenever I had to make one, because I was afraid of making a mistake. This is something you don't want the player to have to do while playing your game.

On the other hand, I believe the 10 point-system in class customization is a huge hit. And that is something I think Treyarch is excellent at doing; the customization.

So other than minor gripes, I think this is a much worthy sequel to "Call of Duty: Black Ops".
  26. Jun 10, 2013
    This is what I think about Black Ops II. I think that It had a good story line, some really cool added features to the campaign like a more diverse custom load-out, and the Multiplayer was better then the Vanilla Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer. I think that the point system was great. It allowed people not to become over-powered and you could choose what you wanted with the consequence ofThis is what I think about Black Ops II. I think that It had a good story line, some really cool added features to the campaign like a more diverse custom load-out, and the Multiplayer was better then the Vanilla Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer. I think that the point system was great. It allowed people not to become over-powered and you could choose what you wanted with the consequence of not being allowed as much stuff. I enjoyed the scorestreak better then I enjoyed the killstreak. It allowed my to appreciate the points that I got on the screen a lot more for getting kills with a hellstorm missile. The story-line was the best Call of Duty story-line since CoD4 (I kid you not). The maor problems I had were the not-so-necessary missions (killing people with your machete) and the unlock tokens. I believe that if you earned it, then it should come automatically to you instead of picking and choosing what you want. Everyone saying custom emblems suck because people make d*cks and such out of them, everyone who is immature is prone to do something like that in any customization system. I give it an 8/10 because of the major step head of the previous game. Oh, I forgot to mention the Zombies and the endless fun that brought to me. Expand
  27. May 28, 2014
    Fantastic campaign combined with endless hours of multiplayer enjoyment not to mention zombies give this game a definite 10. My favorite COD campaign, second favorite multiplayer (BO1 first).
  28. Nov 14, 2012
    I gave this game a 9 because too many are bashing this game. I mean really what did you expect a next gen game that's not even possible until the new consoles arrive and even then it will have to be tweaked before we have a game that runs as smooth as COD titles. They are similar but I have played only multiplayer and I believe it is the best and most balanced online experience I've hadI gave this game a 9 because too many are bashing this game. I mean really what did you expect a next gen game that's not even possible until the new consoles arrive and even then it will have to be tweaked before we have a game that runs as smooth as COD titles. They are similar but I have played only multiplayer and I believe it is the best and most balanced online experience I've had with any COD lightyears beyond MW3 which I liked as well. If you hate COD why do you buy it every year? I'm a BF fan as well but I don't get bored as quick with CoD. They are different games all together with a unique feel to each. I believe CoD games are either loved or hated but it is still good. Stop buying it but I really want all you noobs to keep getting it so I can shred you guys up and help my stats. I don't care about team play if no one else does because I mute all anyways. Campaign I'm sure sucks and I'll just play for the trophies. The zombies I really never got into even on the first game I'll give it a try but I don't think it will draw me in too much. One last thing that I do like about Cod is they don't charge you for a ten dollars just to play online like most games these days and that matters to me because I have two PS3s and I hate to always have to pay for a pass for my son. So get and just have fun or sell it and don't buy the products anymore. It is obviously a great franchise just look at the sales and the need for some to hate it. I love it gets a 9 from me just for the multiplayer. JUST HAVE FUN!! Hit me up my username on here is the same as my PSN ID Expand
  29. Jan 4, 2013
    The campaign of this game its average.The gameplay was easy even in the highest difficulty possible but the story is well written and scriped it can be a little boring in some levels but overall i give the campaign a 5.5/10. The Multiplayer is the best part of this game.Its fun there are loads of weapons lots of party games etc...I give the multiplayer 8/10.The zombies in my opinion is theThe campaign of this game its average.The gameplay was easy even in the highest difficulty possible but the story is well written and scriped it can be a little boring in some levels but overall i give the campaign a 5.5/10. The Multiplayer is the best part of this game.Its fun there are loads of weapons lots of party games etc...I give the multiplayer 8/10.The zombies in my opinion is the most disapointing thing in this game.It gets boring fast if you are in single-player and the atmosphere is much worse than in BO1,if you play zombies in multiplayer it is fun.I give the zombies a 4.5/10.The Graphics,music and sound effects in this game are pretty good not to blow you away but they are good.My rating for the graphics and sounds a 5/10.If you want to play a good campaign you should buy this game if you find it cheap (25$ or less) if you want a good and fun mutiplayer you definetely buy this game and if you enjoy zombies only if you find this game very cheap (10$ or less). Expand
  30. Dec 14, 2012
    All you have to do is look at critic reviews to see how good this game is; 15 positive, 3 mixed & 0 negative.
    User reviews 208 negative, haterz gonna hate.

1. Play UK
    Jan 12, 2013
    One of the most complete, albeit shaky, packages the series has ever seen. [Issue#226, p.68]
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    While the campaign length is fairly standard of past iterations of the series, it's worth multiple playthroughs and the multiplayer offers endless hours of fun and enjoyment; whether it's slaying zombies or facing off against other players in a wide range of multiplayer modes with an endless number of loadout combinations.
  3. PSM3 Magazine UK
    Dec 23, 2012
    Worth checking out for online and the sci-fi novelty value alone. [Jan 2013, p.95]