Call of Duty: Black Ops II PlayStation 3

5.3

1. Nov 27, 2012
    I am a fan of Battlefield 3 and Gotham City imposterT.his is actually the great Call of Duty game. I played CoD 1 , Blops, and MW3. I love the map design in this game. I like the little tweak they made. I don't understand all the complaints. I actually feel like I am using my brain to play, unlike mw3.
  2. Nov 18, 2012
    Campaign is solid. Zombies are as overrated as ever. But the multiplayer returns with an added zest. The graphics have been bumped up from Black ops 1 , which is lucky as they were a jerky mess before. The games fluidity now matches it's IW brother but has less game breaking killstreaks and weapons. The pick ten points system is a stroke of genius and the maps are much more ergonomic thanCampaign is solid. Zombies are as overrated as ever. But the multiplayer returns with an added zest. The graphics have been bumped up from Black ops 1 , which is lucky as they were a jerky mess before. The games fluidity now matches it's IW brother but has less game breaking killstreaks and weapons. The pick ten points system is a stroke of genius and the maps are much more ergonomic than Infinity wards ugly high walled prisons. I was an Infinity Ward fan right up until the release of mw3. I loved ( and still do ) COD 4 and MW2 , but the control has well and truly passed to Treyarch. Infinity Ward the ball is in your court. Try and match this! Expand
  3. Nov 22, 2012
    I got mine on the day it came out. I knew going into it all I would be playing is the multiplayer as I don't like zombies or the story. The last call of duty story was lame and never made it past the first 2 hours. Same with this one was boring. I like playing Batman Arkum City and the story on this was does not even compare. However the multiplayer is fantastic. A lot of the same butI got mine on the day it came out. I knew going into it all I would be playing is the multiplayer as I don't like zombies or the story. The last call of duty story was lame and never made it past the first 2 hours. Same with this one was boring. I like playing Batman Arkum City and the story on this was does not even compare. However the multiplayer is fantastic. A lot of the same but different. Better guns, maps and equipment. I love playing the multiplayer with my friends. Expand
  4. Nov 18, 2012
    It irks me to see all the dumb asses giving this game a zero. And then you look at all of the reviews they have given, and they are always a zero. Why bother? What are you achieving? you just look like a ****
    Anyway.... being someone who has actually played the game (unlike the aforementioned toss bags), I have to say I find it highly entertaining. I knew what I was buying into because... shock horror, I read about the game before buying it. And.... shock horror again... I enjoy the COD style games. If you have brought a COD game in the past and disliked it, why would you buy another one? Are you just stupid?

It's not the most ground breaking game out there, but if you like the COD style of game play then this is your type of game. Hours of fun to be had in the multi player, the the pick 10 system is great to play around with.

Can't wait to unlock more of the equipment to play around with.

Get over it whiners and haters.
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    PPl, please, COD is a multiplier francise, dont buy for campaign or zombies (though zombies is generally good). I played multiplayer last night until i was level 18. The gameplay is the same as MW2, MW3, and Black ops mixed in. Blops 1 was my favorite and this is a nice refresh. Overall its the same gameplay as usual. I dont understand why people want to fix something that isnt broken, ifPPl, please, COD is a multiplier francise, dont buy for campaign or zombies (though zombies is generally good). I played multiplayer last night until i was level 18. The gameplay is the same as MW2, MW3, and Black ops mixed in. Blops 1 was my favorite and this is a nice refresh. Overall its the same gameplay as usual. I dont understand why people want to fix something that isnt broken, if you want something different buy battlefield 3. I also didnt try nuketown 2025 yet, but Ill assume if its the same map as before, I will spend countless hours on nuketown with new killstreaks and better graphics and faster gameplay as compared to blops1. On to review points:

Similar to other MWs/blops: Fast Gameplay, similar graphics to MW3 though slightly more blurry to me, great framerate, You have to earn tokens at each level to unlock new stuff and also have to acheive a level to unlock certain equipment

Differences: . You can only carry 10 total items on you, including perks and attachments to weapons. This makes things more strategic, do you want light weight and hardline, or do you want a concussion grenade or two. I really enjoyed this as you need to plan for maps and gameplay style. Perks also dont seem to be as dominating (cant see how to get unlimited running or hardline pro). When getting points in mulitplayer for killstreak rewards you get 100 for each direct kill, 10 for each time your teamates kill a guy when you have an AUV up, 25/50 or others based on assits, and killstreak reward kills give you points but not always a lot. This makes it more challanging that MW3 and getting 4 kills, then a missle strike, then a couple more and a gunship, requires much more careful play to get as many kills as in blops1/MW3. In Blops 1 I rule with ak74, rapid fire, unlimited sprinting, and everything else doesnt matter. In Blops 2 things are a bit different as the perks and load out stops you from making an all around domination character. If you want all around great character you will lose your grenades and flashbangs to use more perks to "run and gun more".

There are also more attachments to guns, and around 22 killstreaks, which are similar and new at the same time. I was using the quadracopter, which I liked, airstrikes are standard but you can choose 3 locations, and I also got a grenade laucher that I took out about 5 guys with, also unllike blops 1 when you die you can reuse your deployed killstreak reward (like the minigun in blops1 which you would lose if you died), I also got some guided drone, throw it in the air and when it finds someone its an instant kill.

Mics for the guy you killed send you what they say when they die, hahaha, I was having fun last night at the people wondering how they died. Most people last night were levels 1-20, and one guy who was 37...no idea how that happened.

Anyway all in all I rate it a 9 for not fixing something that isnt broken, while adding a few new features to an existing great game style.
  6. Apr 7, 2013
    I do not like campaign mode of all COD games: but this is not a problem.
    So far I've spent more than 100 hours on this game and I've played offline 30 minutes the day my DSL was down.
    Multiplayer is fine: maps are well designed and allows different combat style graphic is clear and it allows to see distant enemies well enough to hit them good weapon choice ad smart experience system
    I do not like campaign mode of all COD games: but this is not a problem.
    Multiplayer is fine:
    maps are well designed and allows different combat style
    graphic is clear and it allows to see distant enemies well enough to hit them
    good weapon choice ad smart experience system
    logo customization
    different game mode
    chat work well enough

Multiplayer is not perfect
    with over than 600.000 players online sometimes ther's too much lag
    sometimes you can be kicked off a play without any reason
    the world league is only Base and not veteran

It worth the money they ask ?

It depends IF you like multiplayer YES

Ps.
    Campaign mode it remembers me old laser disc games...
  7. Jul 15, 2013
    Okay, here's yet another Call of Duty game. If you've played every CoD game from CoD4, you know what to expect. Only this time, the game is set mostly in the future.

Let's look at the single-player campaign. To be honest, you have to give credit to Treyarch for trying something new with the campaign structure. What you do will affect what path you take and how the story turns out. It's nice to take a break away from the linear campaign structure, as what was done in the past. The story was quite ok.

Zombie mode. They actually have done SOME improvements, but why do we need a storyline here?

Multiplayer: Here is what people care about the most. I like the idea that you can prestige your weapons once you max out your level. Other than that, it's really the same Call of Duty multiplayer from the past games, except that it's in the future. It should be noted that there are parts of the singleplayer that is set in the 1980s. Why can't we have that in the multiplayer? You know a mode set in the future and a mode set in the past? That would be something.

Overall: The only surprise you should expect from BO2 is the non-linear single-player structure. Multiplayer is quite the same. It's still fun, though. BO2 does NOT suck, but if you're expecting a totally revamped CoD, you'll be disappointed.

P.S. Wake up, IW and Treyarch. This is the same engine used for five years. Give us a new engine already! Small lighting changes don't cut it.
  8. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops, possibly the best Treyarch Call of Duty has created a sequel. Is it good? Yes, the changes and gameplay are amazing. But what did I miss? Oh that's right, the idiotic trolls giving the game a 0. It's apparent at how many idiots there are, and possibly a good number of those who will vote my review down because I'm not playing their game, but enough about that.Call of Duty: Black Ops, possibly the best Treyarch Call of Duty has created a sequel. Is it good? Yes, the changes and gameplay are amazing. But what did I miss? Oh that's right, the idiotic trolls giving the game a 0. It's apparent at how many idiots there are, and possibly a good number of those who will vote my review down because I'm not playing their game, but enough about that. Black Ops 2 has a great campaign mode writen by David Goyer who helped write the Dark Knight. The storyline is clever although not the standout if the game. The game sees even brighter light with the Multiplayer. It's as good as it's ever been and added some new designs for good measure. The zombie mode, seemed like a flop due to the dissaperence of the original characters, but, zombies changed to much it makes it all worth it. Tranzit is the highlight of zombies, showing off the new made "Greenrun" and a whole new direction for Call of Duty. This is as good as the original Black Ops which I gave an 8/10. Well done, Treyarch. Expand
  9. Nov 13, 2012
    Done know why this always gets haters. Its a game that ALOT of people buy and enjoy. if you don't like it, don't buy it. I HATED MW# but this time Treyarch have done something innovative at least so its not the same ol same ol. Sound is great and there is enough variation to differ from MW3. Is it perfect? By no means, but its a good all round game and at least give high replay valueDone know why this always gets haters. Its a game that ALOT of people buy and enjoy. if you don't like it, don't buy it. I HATED MW# but this time Treyarch have done something innovative at least so its not the same ol same ol. Sound is great and there is enough variation to differ from MW3. Is it perfect? By no means, but its a good all round game and at least give high replay value unlike many other games out there. Expand
  10. Nov 15, 2012
    Wasn't sure how Black Ops 2 was going to turn out and I almost had decided that I didn't want it. I ended up receiving it as a gift and was hesitant to distract myself from other games I had been playing and try it out. I sat down with it and was very impressed by the storyline, it's as intense and action-packed as Call of Duty games should be and it has ascended to a new peak inWasn't sure how Black Ops 2 was going to turn out and I almost had decided that I didn't want it. I ended up receiving it as a gift and was hesitant to distract myself from other games I had been playing and try it out. I sat down with it and was very impressed by the storyline, it's as intense and action-packed as Call of Duty games should be and it has ascended to a new peak in story-telling in CoD games with the multiple endings and decision making. There are some things I didn't like a lot, like the strikeforce missions. They were too difficult and I just ended up not playing any of them, but other than that I love the single player and plan to play it again to get the rest of the endings. I just barely scraped multiplayer this morning but it seems to be the same fast-paced frag fest that we all know and love from the CoD series, except with its own revamped spin on things. I love everything about Black Ops 2 so far, and I feel like it's the CoD game we deserved last year instead of Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer's failure. I am still extremely impressed at how Treyarch can continue to surprise and impress me while still using the same old engine they have been. I can't imagine them being able to do so for many more games, though. Anyway, I think Black Ops 2 is a fantastic game even if it's the same formula as it has been for the past few years. I recommend you pick it up if you liked Black Ops 1. Expand
  11. Nov 16, 2012
    Black Ops II was something I was really looking forward to delve into and explore. From the videos I had been watching to make sure it wasnt the same old formula, I felt I had a pretty good idea of what to expect and a healthy amount of curiosity for what had been supposedly changed.

The game was always going to be a polished form of the previous iteration from a run and gun standpoint, bnut where Black Ops seperates itself from it's predecessors is in its sci-fi interpretaion of Military technology. Some of the most fun I have had with a Call of duty game to date and it makes me wonder why they hadn't thought of this before. The gunplay was never the complaint from me as far as Call of Duty goes, but rather the unimaginative level design and variety from a publisher who had the resources (and now more than ever before) to revolutionise gaming each consecutive year. And while I wont call Black Ops II a Revolution, it is undoubtedly in the right direction. Great work Treyarch
  12. Nov 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off the mark, this is still very much a Call Of Duty game through and through. With each year that passes each release of this annual franchise exceeds the overwhelming (and frightening) gross of its predecessor, does this mean it is we, the users who are to blame for the repetitiveness? No, not quite. This is a beautiful cash cow for the suits over at Activision, a safe haven for a guaranteed payday once November rolls around. But I think this time, like the first Black Ops instalment, Treyarch are attempting to maybe not rock, but gently cradle the boat in changing this franchise.
    I had an overwhelmingly positive reaction to the first Black Ops instalment, but the complete opposite to Infinity Ward/Sledgehammers year old Modern Warfare 3. Black Ops changed the narrative of the other entries into this franchise, not so much hell bent on killing everything in sight but actually creating a story, and a captivating one at that, one which has continued into Black Ops II. Decision making has made a welcome debut (correct me if needed) to this franchise.
    The campaign, albeit a medicare 8 hours, was thoroughly captivating from the beginning. We are re-introduced to the originals of Mason, Woods and Hudson and their search and capture of the the terrorist threat known as Menendez. this mostly happens through a very old Woods re-telling the story to David Mason, Alex Masons son, in the futuristic 2025. Without delving too far into the backbone of the story, there is a sense of despair on both sides of this campaign, Menendez is a truly troubled individual with a tragic past, an antagonist that can be very relatable unlike previous entries, this game, in my opinion doesnt rely on their groundbreaking cinematics for cheap thrills (the little girl in London, really?) but to show the emotion in these characters who we have now known for two instalments. The decisions to be made in this game truly are difficult as we, the players know that this will indeed have a tremendous impact on the remainder of our play through.
    These are by no means massive overhauls to this ageing franchise but they are indeed steps in the correct direction. The multiplayer has introduced several different elements to coax new players in, gone are the killstreak days which have been replaced with "scorestreaks". The maps are significantly better than those of MW3, they're not as crowded, and respawn, for now, has improved.
    With a game like this, i do find it hard to have a genuine hatred. These are yearly releases which now have an overwhelming emphasis on multiplayer. I make it a point to complete the campaign/story before even considering going near multiplayer, that cash I paid needs to go somewhere. Call of Duty: Black Ops II is my no means a diamond in the rough, a hidden gem blah blah blah, but to hate on a game which is trying to change (Treyarch at least) but still maintain the money spinner that is Call Of Duty, there needs to be a compromise. Are these gamers really going out and buying this with the notion thats its going to change all the rules? If so then i suggest you wait on a game that is three plus years in the making. Whatever the next title will be in 2013, one thing is for sure, it will make more than Black Ops II simply because it is new, and thats why we the gamers win the battle, by subtle changes to the game, but Activision win the war, because they are still going to make millions, no matter what entry they churn out or how many. This is why i gave this game an 8. Treyarch did things differently with the first Black Ops and they have continued to do so with this, its not a game-changer but it is an attempt to listen to the players and to compete with other developers in the same franchise, without a doubt one of the better Call Of Duty titles in a long time.
  13. Dec 17, 2012
    Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 is a game that I think you will enjoy on ps3 very much. Black Ops 2 has everything you need like...the campaign, Zombies, and the one and only "Multiplayer" (Which is the main event)

So If I were you...GO BUY THE GAME!
  14. Nov 25, 2012
    I don't understand why this game receives so many complaints from users because it's "more of the same." When you have one of the best FPS engines at your disposal, why wouldn't you use it? Moving on, Treyarch actually try some new, interesting concepts that work well. The missions where you can switch between FPS and an overheard RTS game are quite interesting. Honestly, if you'reI don't understand why this game receives so many complaints from users because it's "more of the same." When you have one of the best FPS engines at your disposal, why wouldn't you use it? Moving on, Treyarch actually try some new, interesting concepts that work well. The missions where you can switch between FPS and an overheard RTS game are quite interesting. Honestly, if you're looking for a FPS that's reliable, plays well, and has beautiful graphics, you can't go wrong with Call of Duty (except for Black Op Declassified, but that's developed by a garbage studio). If you're looking for something new, different, and with a little bit more originality, I highly recommend Dishonored. Expand
  15. Mar 15, 2013
    I can see where fans are coming from in that Black Ops 2 is a rehash of other COD games, and I have to agree that the franchise needs some work and improvisation done to it. Nonetheless Black Ops 2 continues to surprise with its action-packed levels and great variety of weapons. The voice-acting is also still great and it's nice to see the continued character story-arc from BO with Woods,I can see where fans are coming from in that Black Ops 2 is a rehash of other COD games, and I have to agree that the franchise needs some work and improvisation done to it. Nonetheless Black Ops 2 continues to surprise with its action-packed levels and great variety of weapons. The voice-acting is also still great and it's nice to see the continued character story-arc from BO with Woods, Mason, Hudson etc. and now continuing with Mason's son and co. However the story isn't quite up to scratch with the few other COD's I've played and it can be a little confusing when it switches from one level in the past to another in the future and so on, yet it can be forgiven because it ties in with the main villain's life who is definitely one of the best COD has ever seen since he seeks vengeance and you really get understand his motives. Also an addition to the campaign and a change to the series is player-choices in some of the levels which affect the outcome of the game, as well as Strike Force missions which can be slightly annoying and tricky to pull off. The choices however increase the replay value and its nice to see what your actions caused at the end of the campaign. Graphics wise, it's much the same as its always been yet still attractive and gameplay is still simple. For the multiplayer, I have to say I really got stuck into this (although I have hardly played any of the other CODs) and it has great customization for weapons etc, and while I can see zombies is improved I never play it. Overall, a great COD yet with a slightly weaker story, but which it makes up for in its pulse-pounding action and addictive multiplayer. Expand
  16. Dec 14, 2012
    All you have to do is look at critic reviews to see how good this game is; 15 positive, 3 mixed & 0 negative.
    User reviews 208 negative, haterz gonna hate.
  17. Jan 4, 2013
    I guess it's cool to hate Black Ops II. Because even though a zillion people bought it and LOVE it, there are still a ton of people who like to troll review sites and forums to talk about how awful it is. All of the troll posts look copy-and-paste jobs from the same silly handbook. "The lag is so bad!" "Too many campers!" "Terrible spawns!" Blah, blah, blah. My guess is that most ofI guess it's cool to hate Black Ops II. Because even though a zillion people bought it and LOVE it, there are still a ton of people who like to troll review sites and forums to talk about how awful it is. All of the troll posts look copy-and-paste jobs from the same silly handbook. "The lag is so bad!" "Too many campers!" "Terrible spawns!" Blah, blah, blah. My guess is that most of the complainers are n00bs who tried to play and went 3-20 then gave up. The rest are professional trolls who don't actually own the game but just love to troll. Whatever. Very good game, glad I bought it. Disregard these knuckleheads. Expand
  18. Nov 14, 2012
    I have to give Treyarch HUGE props for this game. They improved everything about the first one and created one of the best FPS experiences ever! The multiplayer is simply incredible, it runs at a smooth 60fps and looks great. Even on opening day and night I really didn't even have problems with the game servers. People would drop out of the party sometimes, but to be expected. The perksI have to give Treyarch HUGE props for this game. They improved everything about the first one and created one of the best FPS experiences ever! The multiplayer is simply incredible, it runs at a smooth 60fps and looks great. Even on opening day and night I really didn't even have problems with the game servers. People would drop out of the party sometimes, but to be expected. The perks and leaving system have been overhauled and I love that they switched the KILLstreaks to SCOREstreaks now, it gives you credit for doing other things in objective based games other than killing people. It should have been done long ago. I really think that Treyarch has surpassed Infinity Ward now in the COD series. I will never go back. Expand
  19. Nov 24, 2012
    Black ops 2 looks Amazing being set in the Future. Single Player Campaign is Great, Strike Force Missions is Good, The Zombies mode is good as well. The main problem for this game is the Choices made throughout the Single Player Campaign, which will show some endings.
  20. Nov 16, 2012
    In my opinion (duh seeing as this is a review), most folks who get online to write a review of something usually don't do it unless they feel compelled to do it out of anger. They're so angry about their experience that they feel the need to vent by writing a scathing review as a form of catharsis. Critics are paid to review games. They don't get the luxury of writing a review only whenIn my opinion (duh seeing as this is a review), most folks who get online to write a review of something usually don't do it unless they feel compelled to do it out of anger. They're so angry about their experience that they feel the need to vent by writing a scathing review as a form of catharsis. Critics are paid to review games. They don't get the luxury of writing a review only when they feel cheated. If they all had a positive experience, the consensus is mostly positive. that's just how it goes. When it comes to a game like Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, gamer opinions cannot be more polarized.

As a gamer, I can't make myself hate this game no matter how much the Internet tells me to hate it. I enjoy thought-provoking and story-driven games as much as the next person, but Call of Duty has always held a soft spot in my heart. i went to college and my best buddies went to other schools, but Call of Duty has always been there allowing us to hang out on the couch together via headset. To be honest, I bought the game mostly for the zombie mode. That has always been our bread and butter when we played online together, and Treyarch really improved on it with this iteration. It mixes it up with "Tranzit" and "Grief" by making it more open and adding in team-based competition while still retaining the parts that made it so fun to play with the classic "Survival" mode. We always joked around about our zombie strategies if the apocalypse ever happened and Black Ops 2 lets us put our strategies into practice. The single player campaign is also fun to play. The story in the Black Ops series has always been more interesting to me than the Modern Warfare series. Menendez, the primary antagonist, is probably one of the most layered villains of the series because you often empathize with him and hate him at the same time. The voice acting is great and the sound in general has improved since the last game and is almost on par with Battlefield in sound design. The graphics are pretty much the same as it's always been, which is fine. If it's not broken, don't fix it. However, if you have a 3D TV, I highly recommend playing it in 3D. It's a blast. The only problem I have with the campaign is the inclusion of the new "strike force" missions. Alternating between top-down RTS views and traditional first-person, it's drastically different than anything Call of Duty has done before. However, it's a bit spotty and your A.I. brethren aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. I found myself just running around killing everyone on my own instead of relying on my compatriots to do it. I appreciate Treyarch for wanting to try something new, but I don't think it was really necessary. Sure it helps influence the outcome of the story, but I felt it could have been handled better. This brings me to the multiplayer. I've never been a savant when it comes to playing online. I've always found it difficult to jump in and play with people who live and breathe Call of Duty. One of the cool features in Black Ops 2 is the "Combat Training" mode that allows you to play with players of equal skill and a few bots thrown in. It's a great way to get new players acclimated to the game and gives people who have played before a chance to brush up when they start back up again. You level up and gain XP, but it doesn't start counting against your combat record until after level 10. So, don't be afraid of dying because it's going to happen. The new "pick 10" approach to customization is refreshing as well. It allows you to really add what you want from the get-go giving you the freedom to really tailor your play style the way you like. Kill streaks have been replaced by score streaks, which gives you the opportunity to apply things like assists and captures to your streak rather than just kills. So, if you're more of a kamikaze fighter and enjoy sacrificing you life for the good of the team, you won't be forgotten with the new score streaks. The multiplayer is like gambling, if you go into it expecting to win, you're not going be able to enjoy the game and have a good time. Rather than getting on here to rant about Call of Duty, I decided to tell you about how fun it can be. If you don't like it, don't buy it. There are more things in life that are more deserving of your fiery rage. But if you're like me and enjoy video games for what they are, you'll have a lot of fun with Black Ops 2. It's not all just unsupervised 9-year-olds hurling racial slurs into your ear.
  21. Jan 16, 2013
    i love it i am not big call of duty fan i prefer skyrim zombies game etc But i won this game i said try it out this was best game ever i like Multiplayer & zombie maps

i love it if call of duty would turn around do whole call duty zombie i mean not just zombie maps i mean i mean like left 4 dead but better
  22. Nov 2, 2013
    Let me first say that I had no interest in Black Ops 2 initially. Like many, I thought I was done with the Call of Duty franchise as each year it became more of the same. However, I rented Black Ops 2 and that changed very quickly. The campaign is probably my third favorite (behind Modern Warfare and Black Ops). I did not think it was nearly as great as most say it is. I really don't mindLet me first say that I had no interest in Black Ops 2 initially. Like many, I thought I was done with the Call of Duty franchise as each year it became more of the same. However, I rented Black Ops 2 and that changed very quickly. The campaign is probably my third favorite (behind Modern Warfare and Black Ops). I did not think it was nearly as great as most say it is. I really don't mind since I play through the campaign once before I delve into the real purpose of the CoD games..the multiplayer. The multiplayer is far and away the best since Modern Warfare revolutionized it about five years ago. Since 2007, it is been more of the same with more tweaks here and there, but this game allows for alot of customization. Multiplayer has so many options to fit your play style especially with the Pick 10 style. I can go into a game with no grenades if I want and stock up on perks. Also, the emblem creator is better than ever with more slots and customization. It's a fun way to express yourself even if some user emblems are not exactly PG rated. While there are some technical issues and the game is not perfect, the game is the most fun I've had playing online to date. I've owned it for a few weeks and have already put in over 100 hours and I haven't felt even begun to get bored. Expand
  23. May 28, 2014
    Fantastic campaign combined with endless hours of multiplayer enjoyment not to mention zombies give this game a definite 10. My favorite COD campaign, second favorite multiplayer (BO1 first).
  24. Nov 17, 2012
    Well done Treyarch for serving this years dish on a silver platter. Campaign is solid and gives you a reason to play it more than once, multiplayer is better than ever, giving you more choices, from equipment to perks and introducing the new wild cards, and the zombie survival making a stunning return ready to place you back to the edge of your seat. Keep at it and can't wait for more DLCWell done Treyarch for serving this years dish on a silver platter. Campaign is solid and gives you a reason to play it more than once, multiplayer is better than ever, giving you more choices, from equipment to perks and introducing the new wild cards, and the zombie survival making a stunning return ready to place you back to the edge of your seat. Keep at it and can't wait for more DLC maps for both zombies and multiplayer.
    P.S. Go home trolls. You are drunk.
  25. Nov 18, 2012
    I am surprised that this game got such a low User Score of 4.2 for two reasons: 1) Multiplayer and Zombies are a lot of fun to be had, even if the campaign is maybe the worst in the series 2) Come on guys, did you honestly expect a brand new, 'built from scratch' game from Treyarch? It annoys me when people buy these sort of games, always expecting a huge change, and disappointed to findI am surprised that this game got such a low User Score of 4.2 for two reasons: 1) Multiplayer and Zombies are a lot of fun to be had, even if the campaign is maybe the worst in the series 2) Come on guys, did you honestly expect a brand new, 'built from scratch' game from Treyarch? It annoys me when people buy these sort of games, always expecting a huge change, and disappointed to find that no overhauls have taken place.
    Even though the core gameplay remains the same, the slight new additions have made this, in my opinion, the most fun you can have from any CoD. Graphics are nice, gameplay is solid and constantly running at around 60 fps on the PS3 system. Conclusion? Ignore the campaign: half of it is a cutscene where not even button mashing is required. Zombies is great as always, as well as Multiplayer.
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    The way you're supposed to rate a game is how much fun you have playing it, and this is still fun. I'll be the first to admit that the franchise is showing its age but that's the only huge bad thing about this game. The campaign is the same style and pacing, with twists and turns, almost like a highlight reel. If you loved or hated it before, your opinion probably isn't going to change.The way you're supposed to rate a game is how much fun you have playing it, and this is still fun. I'll be the first to admit that the franchise is showing its age but that's the only huge bad thing about this game. The campaign is the same style and pacing, with twists and turns, almost like a highlight reel. If you loved or hated it before, your opinion probably isn't going to change. The multiplayer is as good as it has been since the original Modern Warfare. The zombies, though a little overwhelming at first, is a huge step and will be for a lot of people the most appealing thing about this game. I expected the User Rating of BLOPS2 to be less than 5 because of all these trolls, but this is ridiculous. People say if you like COD then you must be on the bandwagon. Well, you trolls have your own bandwagon. Sure, we've seen some of this before, but you need to rate a game based on the fun you have playing it, and this game gets a solid 9. Expand
  27. Feb 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first got black ops 2, I wasn't sure what to expect, for black ops was in my opinion the most entertaining COD not particulary with the campaign, but with the multiplayer, I thought treyarch did a wonderful job in that aspect. However, after reading these reviews I was expecting a horrible game that wasted all the money spent on it. Ill start off with the multiplayer, and yes like all other call of duty's, it was great and easy to use, especially with the new addition of pick 10. I admit it was frustrating in the beginning as I was unsure of what guns to use and how to create the perfect class, but that soon changed. Too add to that, the addition of league play is super fun as well as the other small things such as providing cooler clan tags which are fun and challenging to unlock. And the future weapons are amazing as they are not sci-fi crazy futuristic, but futuristic enough to believe that they could possibly be created in the near future. All that aside I give the multiplayer an 8/10. Now onto the campaign. It was amazing and that's all there is to it, from the slow motion action scenes in night clubs whilst dubstep/electronin music blares in the background to playing as the bad guy (menendez) running through a town ferociously killing everybody with a machete to protect his sister! Plus who would of thought Alex Mason would of died the way he did!! Again I admit, that the campaign does have its weak points in that the beginning was slow and almost painful to get through, yet I feel it was necccasary to propel the story!! Plus the addition of choice on who you kill or whether you kill or injure a character is fantastic!! It was action packed, with a compelling story that made me sad to finish in the end, yet it was beautiful, thus in the end ill give it a 9/10. Lastly there is zombies, and although I cant say much on this as I have never played it as much, I can say that so far it is interesting and again a fun new take on the game type, but ill get back to it once I play it more! So in the end although it does have its lows, I feel that this game is amazing, and possibly one of the best call of duty's made!! I recommend you buy it and enjoy! Expand
  28. Dec 22, 2012
    I've only played a little bit of this game, but it's fantastic. Multiplayer is fun, as is zombies. I'm not into games like this for the campaign, so if there's any criticisms there, I can't really comment, but both zombies and multiplayer make this game worth it.
  29. Nov 24, 2012
    Looks like I'm going to have to jump in here and help out this score as much as I can. Before I start, let me say that I've only played the game a little with my friend, so I couldn't get that much of a feel for it. But I am going to base it off of what I've seen so far, which is the full campaign and several hours of multiplayer. First of all, let's stop comparing this to MW3. The twoLooks like I'm going to have to jump in here and help out this score as much as I can. Before I start, let me say that I've only played the game a little with my friend, so I couldn't get that much of a feel for it. But I am going to base it off of what I've seen so far, which is the full campaign and several hours of multiplayer. First of all, let's stop comparing this to MW3. The two are not truly comparable. Second, let's look at what makes a game good: Depth, replayability, completeness... The story line was excellent, as it gives you a chance to make your own choices, which is new to a CoD campaign. It avoids the complexity of an RPG, which is what the cod series has done on purpose to focus more on multiplayer. The zombies is more complicated than ever, which adds a challenge, but I think another kino map is needed with less complexity just to balance it out (for those who liked to run in circles until round 100). Next, replayability: the game has infinite replayability on multiplayer: even if the playerbase ends in 10 or so years, a person can still play against AI in combat mode. Ok. Let's look at the multiplayer. Gamers need to keep an open mind: I like to explain the gameplay like a cross between BO1 and Homefront. The lower but still good scorestreaks are decently easy to get, so everyone can feel good when they play, and the better players can go for the higher scorestreaks while forced to play the objective to do so, since more points are given for doing that than just being a mercenary. The pick 10 create-a-class is an ingenius addition alone -- one of the best they could have made. The maps are decently balanced as far as I've seen. Completeness: Obviously, the developers could have spent more time on it, but the fans demand so much in so little time, that I think that they delivered what they could in relatively excellent quality.

If you look at this like a standalone game without prequels, then it's pretty darn good. Let's keep in mind that call of duty is a revolutionary concept, and this game truly added to the original while keeping a lot of it's aspects. Let's not be so harsh - go hate on other games that have real problems and not just (pardon the term) 'nooby' players.
  30. Nov 14, 2012
    3...2...1... and breathe............ so many angry negative people on here ! Let's be honest, Call of Duty is what it is. You know what you're going to get on release day. A different story, slightly improved graphics, tweaked MP. I personally got tired of COD etc.. a couple of years ago after hammering it day in day out. I had a break and now im back and you know what... i'm happy it3...2...1... and breathe............ so many angry negative people on here ! Let's be honest, Call of Duty is what it is. You know what you're going to get on release day. A different story, slightly improved graphics, tweaked MP. I personally got tired of COD etc.. a couple of years ago after hammering it day in day out. I had a break and now im back and you know what... i'm happy it hasn't changed too much. It is the best (I also like BF equally I might add) beyond all recognition but it has changed enough to make it feel fresh for me. I think a 9 is fully justified. It is the best in it's field in my opinion, as is Fifa, Dishonoured, Uncharted 3 etc... It feels like a premium title, it plays like one. If you give this game lower than a 7 then it is not honest opinion, it is to try and make a statement. Grow up... get a life. Why do you care if it sells well or not? Ridiculous. The game currently sits at a user score of 3.9 on this site which is quite frankly, a joke. Bet you all still bought it though right ?? ha ha Collapse

1. Play UK
    Jan 12, 2013
    One of the most complete, albeit shaky, packages the series has ever seen. [Issue#226, p.68]
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    While the campaign length is fairly standard of past iterations of the series, it's worth multiple playthroughs and the multiplayer offers endless hours of fun and enjoyment; whether it's slaying zombies or facing off against other players in a wide range of multiplayer modes with an endless number of loadout combinations.
  3. PSM3 Magazine UK
    Dec 23, 2012
    Worth checking out for online and the sci-fi novelty value alone. [Jan 2013, p.95]