5.0

1. Jul 9, 2013
    In Modern Battlefield 4, 3 different exciting(not very) modes await.
    The campaign is full of lovable characters such as Dimitri Reznov and Nikolai Mason(this is confirmed)
    With a Linear story line is full of guns bullets and america what more could you ask for?(alot) The zombies mode breathes new fresh(dead) air into the gameplay. After playing the new Red Run Mode you play as Samuel
    In Modern Battlefield 4, 3 different exciting(not very) modes await.
    The zombies mode breathes new fresh(dead) air into the gameplay. After playing the new Red Run Mode you play as Samuel Stoolhinger Bill Cosby Mitchell Musso and Vanessa Hudgens. After getting onto a train full of zombies you ride to the safety of perk machines and More. In the New Alcatraz of the dead game mode you play as Sally DeSuca, The Sneasel, Finnick Washington, And Billy Clem After ''completing'' daedulus you're trapped on the golden gate and can only kill yourself um....10/10 story.
    The Multiplayer re-defines the word fps. With a Galore of players sitting in corners with Machine guns fixed with a target finder to provide -100% recoil its a very balanced experience. With Snipers that run in your face to kill you with 1 bullet to people with shotguns sleeping in corners every match feels like a new start.
    Overall with A Great Linear Campaign 0/10
    Balanced Multiplayer 0/10
    And a Refined Zombies Mode 0/1000000

I Give it a 10/10 Because I'm Idiot
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    it was alright, i was moderately bored most of the time. I did like the arsenal that was available: http://www.airsplat.com/cod-black-ops.htm. i will say that It was pretty to look at
  3. Jul 25, 2013
    This is a Call of Duty game. This game is MW1,MW2,MW2,WAW and BO1. There are only new maps and new guns. And some futuristic flying weapons or something like that. Don't expect anything new. And also there are many multiplayer craches and glitches.
  4. May 6, 2014
    Black Ops 2 is definitely one of the great Call of Dutys. It has a fantastic Campaign, the multiplayer is almost perfect except for the lag! Zombies is better than before and the multiplayer is actually fun to play, if you can't choose between Black Ops 2 and Ghosts then i STRONGLY recommend this.
  5. Jan 16, 2014
    This franchise has gone pretty stale. The story mode is unengaging and the graphics are not extraordinary. Zombie mode is just alright. The multiplayer is this game's only slight redemption, however it doesn't really offer anything different from previous COD releases. There are much better FPS games on the market. If you are a person that doesn't expect the least bit of depth in yourThis franchise has gone pretty stale. The story mode is unengaging and the graphics are not extraordinary. Zombie mode is just alright. The multiplayer is this game's only slight redemption, however it doesn't really offer anything different from previous COD releases. There are much better FPS games on the market. If you are a person that doesn't expect the least bit of depth in your games, are satisfied with "just another COD", and want a mildly entertaining run-and-gun multiplayer experience... you might like this. I however do not. Expand
  6. Mar 9, 2014
    Probably on of the best first person shooters out there. This game is ten-times better then Ghost and MW3. Treyarch is the dominating game developer..
  7. Apr 6, 2014
    Easily my favorite Call of Duty game to date. Yes, even better than Modern Warfare, better than Black Ops 1, better than Ghosts. As hard as I try, I cannot think of anything that was done wrong with this game. Story was great. Music was great. Multiplayer was the most well balanced, fun, and addicting in the series. Zombies was meh, but that's just me. I've never been much into Zombies.Easily my favorite Call of Duty game to date. Yes, even better than Modern Warfare, better than Black Ops 1, better than Ghosts. As hard as I try, I cannot think of anything that was done wrong with this game. Story was great. Music was great. Multiplayer was the most well balanced, fun, and addicting in the series. Zombies was meh, but that's just me. I've never been much into Zombies. Gameplay is solid as usual for the series. Expand
  8. Jun 14, 2014
    It's true that Black Ops II has some flaws. The bigger ones are that the zombie maps are **** the game is linear, and falls in the category of six-hour gameplay, and even though it's set only a decade from our current year, soldiers carry sniper rifles that can pierce entire buildings, gloves that stick to surfaces and gigantic warfare robots.
    But it has some redemption. First, there's
    But it has some redemption. First, there's branching storyline. Who the hell doesn't like branching decisions? And to make you curious, there's a twist in the story that'll make you throw your remote out the window. Second, we get to remeet our old pals, Hudson, Mason and Woods. I loved Black Ops, so we get a warm feeling of being back home.
    The game has various flaws, but if you don't think about it, it's simple and plain fun.
  9. Jul 9, 2014
    its the best black ops yet but should extend the levels on campaign the guns are brilliant but should upgraid them more often the multiplayer is awsome! i recomend this to anyone who enjoyes playing high quility shooting games.
  10. Sep 25, 2014
    I actually love this game!

Compared to the newer COD games being released, I feel this COD, along with MW2 & MW3, are actually good ones. I don't know if this is just my experience with others, making it enjoyable, or even if you played alone it's a great time. Someone else can cover that.

9/10, as the campaign is exactly the same as the others.
    (Would be 10/10 if it was differed).
  11. Dec 8, 2012
    I was expecting some improvement in the multiplayer. Nope. After playing Halo I, thought MW2's multiplayer was bad because of lag. Now I see that MW2 handles the best of the entire COD series. Treyarch/Black Ops has always been worse...from World at War, Black Ops and now Black Ops 2. They've done nothing to improve the way their system handles network lag and hit detection. The game isI was expecting some improvement in the multiplayer. Nope. After playing Halo I, thought MW2's multiplayer was bad because of lag. Now I see that MW2 handles the best of the entire COD series. Treyarch/Black Ops has always been worse...from World at War, Black Ops and now Black Ops 2. They've done nothing to improve the way their system handles network lag and hit detection. The game is an exercise in frustration. Time to sell the game and buy a cinder block for me to beat my head against, I'll get a similar level of enjoyment and have $50. Expand
  12. Jul 15, 2013
    Okay, here's yet another Call of Duty game. If you've played every CoD game from CoD4, you know what to expect. Only this time, the game is set mostly in the future.

Let's look at the single-player campaign. To be honest, you have to give credit to Treyarch for trying something new with the campaign structure. What you do will affect what path you take and how the story turns out. It's nice to take a break away from the linear campaign structure, as what was done in the past. The story was quite ok.

Zombie mode. They actually have done SOME improvements, but why do we need a storyline here?

Multiplayer: Here is what people care about the most. I like the idea that you can prestige your weapons once you max out your level. Other than that, it's really the same Call of Duty multiplayer from the past games, except that it's in the future. It should be noted that there are parts of the singleplayer that is set in the 1980s. Why can't we have that in the multiplayer? You know a mode set in the future and a mode set in the past? That would be something.

Overall: The only surprise you should expect from BO2 is the non-linear single-player structure. Multiplayer is quite the same. It's still fun, though. BO2 does NOT suck, but if you're expecting a totally revamped CoD, you'll be disappointed.

P.S. Wake up, IW and Treyarch. This is the same engine used for five years. Give us a new engine already! Small lighting changes don't cut it.
  13. Jan 29, 2013
    BLACK OPS 2 ZOMBIES ONLY REVIEW. Having played World at War and Black Ops 1, I can say that the zombies mode in this game has definitely lost its touch. Sure, it's improved in the sense that there are now more modes: TranZit - where you travel between the different maps via a bus - and Grief - a competitive game mode where two teams compete for score, but still killing zombies. The mapsBLACK OPS 2 ZOMBIES ONLY REVIEW. Having played World at War and Black Ops 1, I can say that the zombies mode in this game has definitely lost its touch. Sure, it's improved in the sense that there are now more modes: TranZit - where you travel between the different maps via a bus - and Grief - a competitive game mode where two teams compete for score, but still killing zombies. The maps aren't great either. Sure, they're designed around the TranZit mode but that is mainly, from my perspective, for little kids that want to over-complicate a simple mini-game. The classic style zombies is still present though. The three areas for the survival mode each have different resources. The first area, for example, just has a mystery box and 4 wall weapons, like the original Nacht der Untoten. It should also be noted that one can now change the starting round, whether there are dogs and whether it's headshots only, as well as the option to turn down the difficulty. Despite these additions, the actual fun has declined. You kill over 200 zombies before you even get to double figures on the round counter, yet there is little satisfaction. The weapons aren't satisfying to use due to the lack of recoil perhaps. Or maybe the zombies don't die as quickly. Whatever it is, something is definitely missing. In my opinion, Shi No Numa, Der Riese and Kino der Toten had the perfect balance between complexity of the map and complexity of progression. Everything was simple. You didn't have to go through a million different rituals and easter eggs just to upgrade a gun or even access the mystery box. Yet, they weren't too simple where there was no scope for strategy or variation. In Black Ops II, the problem is that it's gone too far yet again, just like the DLC maps for Black ops 1.
    //TLDR; if you're buying Black Ops 2 for the zombies, be aware that it's nowhere near as fun as World at War and the focus has been shifted away from zombies being a mini-game towards it being a more complete horde mode; which falls short of even Modern Warfare 3 or Gears of War 3's survival modes.
  14. Dec 4, 2012
    While no game deserves a 0 as a score this game definitely does not deserve a 10. Single player basically comes down to more of the same old formula Activision has forced these development companies to work with. The AI is laughable at best, but every one knows the Call of Duty franchise has never had the best coding for AI. The story line in general is 5 hours long and is really bland,While no game deserves a 0 as a score this game definitely does not deserve a 10. Single player basically comes down to more of the same old formula Activision has forced these development companies to work with. The AI is laughable at best, but every one knows the Call of Duty franchise has never had the best coding for AI. The story line in general is 5 hours long and is really bland, unimaginative, and well, more of the same. They try to deviate from becoming a linear corridor shooter by supposedly providing player with options but they don't truly affects the game. The ending on the other hand might. Which is suppose to add re playability to the first person campaign, but there's really no reason to play over the same campaign for just a different ending. Multiplayer, this is the are where this game should shine but it seems the MP portion of this game feels a lot similar to that of MW3 and of course Black Ops. Small scaled maps with tons of areas to camp. Basically comes down to which ever team can camp the middle ground the best wins the game. The rest is just protecting the same corner through out the game with occasionally moving 3-6 feet away from your old camp spot to corner camp in a different spot. There are no need to watch your back as certain equipment and streaks do that for your. The game is slow paced and also suffers from the same old bad hit detection. While it does some what fix old issues like knifing people from miles away, it does at times glitch and can cause your character to launch at another player. Kill streaks seem re-hashed but with an added "futuristic" approach. There's always lag and horrible host selection, the spawn points are mediocre at best, but what can one expect from such small maps that are crammed with buildings to make them seem "big." The leveling system online has been set to keep players from playing. While it gives players who have been playing the game longest the upper hand with over powered weaponry and the best perks. The new set up is suppose to force players into playing the objective, that is not the case. The way the maps are set up actually encourage players to whore kill streaks and never actually go for any objective. Word of advice, try to level as fast as you can to get ghost perk, it's a uav whore type of game. Zombies: This is where this game shines. It's somewhat new but refreshing at the same time reminds me a bit of Left for Dead. Which is great fun to be honest. If this game was just a zombie installment I would definitely recommend this game. Other wise, save yourself some money and just rent this game or save up for MW5 or BLOPS 4; Skip a generation or two just like any one in their right mind would with Fifa games. Expand
  15. Nov 6, 2013
    I like the near-futuristic approach to Call of Duty. The weapons are fun to use, and are slightly more varied than in previous installments. The muliplayer is exactly the same, otherwise. Same game modes, and pretty well the same maps. Spawns are slightly less bad than in previous games, and the maps remain small. The singleplayer is decent, with specific actions that result in differentI like the near-futuristic approach to Call of Duty. The weapons are fun to use, and are slightly more varied than in previous installments. The muliplayer is exactly the same, otherwise. Same game modes, and pretty well the same maps. Spawns are slightly less bad than in previous games, and the maps remain small. The singleplayer is decent, with specific actions that result in different endings adding a minor difference to the Call of Duty formula. Zombies is back and is as boring as ever. The formula is getting extremely stale at this point. Since there are no other decent multiplayer games coming out for a while, guess were stuck with this one. Expand
  16. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is meh. With the addition of an zombie campaign, it adds to a more in depth experience. But that is about it. Campaign is unbearably dumbed down. Multiplayer is just the normal stuff. What would have really made this game good is a new graphics engine. But i guess if people keep buying it, activision will keep spooning this crap into our mouths. Thanks for the better zombieThis game is meh. With the addition of an zombie campaign, it adds to a more in depth experience. But that is about it. Campaign is unbearably dumbed down. Multiplayer is just the normal stuff. What would have really made this game good is a new graphics engine. But i guess if people keep buying it, activision will keep spooning this crap into our mouths. Thanks for the better zombie mode. Maybe i won't trade this one in , in just 2 weeks like i did MW3. Expand
  17. Nov 2, 2013
    Let me first say that I had no interest in Black Ops 2 initially. Like many, I thought I was done with the Call of Duty franchise as each year it became more of the same. However, I rented Black Ops 2 and that changed very quickly. The campaign is probably my third favorite (behind Modern Warfare and Black Ops). I did not think it was nearly as great as most say it is. I really don't mindLet me first say that I had no interest in Black Ops 2 initially. Like many, I thought I was done with the Call of Duty franchise as each year it became more of the same. However, I rented Black Ops 2 and that changed very quickly. The campaign is probably my third favorite (behind Modern Warfare and Black Ops). I did not think it was nearly as great as most say it is. I really don't mind since I play through the campaign once before I delve into the real purpose of the CoD games..the multiplayer. The multiplayer is far and away the best since Modern Warfare revolutionized it about five years ago. Since 2007, it is been more of the same with more tweaks here and there, but this game allows for alot of customization. Multiplayer has so many options to fit your play style especially with the Pick 10 style. I can go into a game with no grenades if I want and stock up on perks. Also, the emblem creator is better than ever with more slots and customization. It's a fun way to express yourself even if some user emblems are not exactly PG rated. While there are some technical issues and the game is not perfect, the game is the most fun I've had playing online to date. I've owned it for a few weeks and have already put in over 100 hours and I haven't felt even begun to get bored. Expand
  18. Dec 10, 2012
    First CoD game i've ever played, it's really fun. awesome design and gunplay/modes. having lots of fun...unfortunately it only lasted for about a week. I started to understand the game more and more, and became more frustrated at how bad the latency is ruining this game for everyone. no killcam is ever accurate to what is actually done on my side of the screen. a PDW looks like it kills meFirst CoD game i've ever played, it's really fun. awesome design and gunplay/modes. having lots of fun...unfortunately it only lasted for about a week. I started to understand the game more and more, and became more frustrated at how bad the latency is ruining this game for everyone. no killcam is ever accurate to what is actually done on my side of the screen. a PDW looks like it kills me in 2 bullets, but on their killcam they already pumped me with 4 bullets around a corner they were already around before it showed on my screen. there's so many youtube videos expressing this with video footage examples! it's infuriating that a game that emphasizes so much on multiplayer and that they can't even get the online portion correct. they implemented a patch (1.04) to fix weapon balances and such, but everyone still uses the SMG's because they dominate close range and mid-range and sometimes kill long range, where's the shotguns ranges? oh sure 1-5 feet but how can i be successful with so much latency problems? it's killing the game for me and i won't be returning to the game until it is fixed, and I may re-write a better review to what it actually deserves... Expand
  19. Dec 29, 2012
    It's a Treyarch game so I kind of know what to expect. No subtlety whatsoever, just bigger guns and more enemies to shoot. You end up not caring about the single player mission because you haven't a clue most of the time where you're being shot from. The story isn't ever that interesting tbh, just the normal bad guy blah blah blah. Accuracy is not there, you unload a load bullets to findIt's a Treyarch game so I kind of know what to expect. No subtlety whatsoever, just bigger guns and more enemies to shoot. You end up not caring about the single player mission because you haven't a clue most of the time where you're being shot from. The story isn't ever that interesting tbh, just the normal bad guy blah blah blah. Accuracy is not there, you unload a load bullets to find you're not even taking anyone down. The multiplayer isn't much better. As already been said you can unload an entire clip into someone to find they turn around and just blast you, with a pistol, with 2 bullets. The lobby system when trying to join people is horrendous. It says you can join only to be told its either full or an error for 90% of the time. When you do get a party together it's pot luck if they all make it into a game or not. Until they balance the weapons and sort the lobby system out then its flawed in a massive way. But then again I shouldn't have expected more from Treyarch. Infinity ward games have class, subtlety and a mission you get genuinely engrossed in. This has none of that. Period. Expand
  20. Jan 14, 2013
    Wow! Amazing story! I didn't buy Black Ops 2 for the story though! I bought it for Zombies! I was and still am totally let down by the 3 maps the game came with I just hope dlc saves this poor game! Wow what a let down! Make a Mars map and save this poor game!
  21. Jun 19, 2013
    Graphics amazing, but this just isn't my type of game. Hard to see who the enemy is, very chaotic while in play, no story in single play mode. Very hard for a person to me to get into. I may be minority, but just not my type of game
  22. Jan 9, 2013
    200 bland minigames tied together with good graphics and an incomprehensible plot. Enemy (and friendly) AI is the worst I can remember since... hmmm... nope, worst I can remember.

... to be fair, the number 200 was pulled out of a hat. I only got through maybe 30 of em before calling it a duty.
  23. Nov 25, 2012
    This game just plain sucks... Has a bunch of freezing problems and people of course yelling at each other every game I go into or else it would be a background mic. I first played the campaign I thought that was ok but when I was almost done with the campaign my screen just turned black so guess what I had to do...RESTART MY PS3. So I booted it back up and I HAD TO RESTART THE WHOLEThis game just plain sucks... Has a bunch of freezing problems and people of course yelling at each other every game I go into or else it would be a background mic. I first played the campaign I thought that was ok but when I was almost done with the campaign my screen just turned black so guess what I had to do...RESTART MY PS3. So I booted it back up and I HAD TO RESTART THE WHOLE MISSION AGAIN!!!!!! The multiplayer of course has a bunch of kids, people yelling at each other or background mics for everygame I go into. Multiplayer gameplay is really the same I had a bunch of freezing problems at the loading screen so more restarting the PS3.....Multiplayer just plain sucks now. The multiplayer also has a bunch of lag compensation so i would put it on best. You would still find it on best connection...Zombies is terrible it has more freezing problems then the multiplayer. But the zombies is ok so thats why I gave my score a 2 for good campaign and zombies gameplay. This series needs to die so bad. COD 4 is still the best with good campaign and multiplayer and never wants me to rage on that game. Treyarch you failed on a very popular game series. Expand
  24. Jan 6, 2013
    I'm going to be honest, do not buy this game unless you pay £10, its good for a tenner but other than that it
  25. Dec 29, 2013
    There is a lot of haters out there and to be honest I am half a hater myself, for how bad the graphics are when compared to games by EA, SCE etc., for how they never have any innovation on anything, but there is no deny that CoD is a pretty solid franchise. It might be repetitive, but it is always functional and definitely playable.
    bo2 is a mediocre shooter, but it definitely isnt a 0
    bo2 is a mediocre shooter, but it definitely isnt a 0 out of 10. It did earn infinity ward more than it deserves, but cmon we cant expect them to come out and be like "we know our game sucks so we are asking our fans to please stop buying them" right? So let's just give them a break and hope CoD gets better in the future.
  26. Nov 24, 2012
    Repetitive, unimaginative and above all conservative. Treyarch has done little to change or at least refresh the very core of COD franchise depending too much upon the appealing and fun multiplayer set since Modern Warfare. The campaign isn't something that has much space for improvement since it's a stereotypical FPS but in the end everything in the game is quite underwhelming not onlyRepetitive, unimaginative and above all conservative. Treyarch has done little to change or at least refresh the very core of COD franchise depending too much upon the appealing and fun multiplayer set since Modern Warfare. The campaign isn't something that has much space for improvement since it's a stereotypical FPS but in the end everything in the game is quite underwhelming not only the (expected) campaign mode. Few things have had a significant change and above all the parts where changes have come it's a mess. No innovations or new improved situation within the game just added "cool stuff". Black Ops 2 is a game that CAN be fun and the multiplayer is good enough but generally everything in it shows the huge fall of the COD franchise. My personal complaint is the atmosphere and the options available. The atmosphere feels nothing like warfare and I find myself wondering if it's some kind of paintball with real guns rather than a REAL war. As for the options there are many but lacking any real essence. No true influential option exists really. Expand
  27. Nov 10, 2013
    The low user score is unfair but who can stop the fanboys... Another successful installment of the CoD series with a few welcome tweaks.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: The Black Ops series started with a great story with the set in the cold war era. This one continues with the same story travelling between that era and the near plausible future. Well thought and well delivered. As for the characters they are well built and you can relate to their story. Menendez steals the show.
    PRESENTATION: As good as ever. In a time when the next gen consoles dominate the conversations BO2 still manages to deliver great quality graphics even with an aging engine. Whatever that means.
    GAMEPLAY: Not many innovations here but why mess in a winning formula right? Exception made to the strike force missions. Did not liked them and feel a bit off in the campaign.
    PROGRESSION: Treyarch tweaked the progression system on the online experience to a new level with the pick 10 system and the weapons prestige. Very good idea if you ask me.
    ONLINE: Picking up with the above mentioned the MP is even better with the referred pick 10 and weapon prestige which delivers a very well balanced and engaging online experience.
    The CoD series still delivers the best FPS game around. No doubt about that.
  28. Aug 2, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II 9/10.......................................................................................................................
  29. Nov 24, 2012
    How should I put this, Black Ops II is a true sequel to the original but changes what we know and love about the franchise. The campaign has been overhauled, zombies is still zombies and the multiplayer brings some new initiatives that were greatly needed. Its just that overall, Black Ops II does not deliver.
  30. Nov 29, 2012
    Game is same as black opps 1, NO MAJOR CHANGES, i think the only thing that makes me ok with it, is the zombie play, other than that its a waste of a disc and your better off with black opps 1

1. Jan 12, 2013
    One of the most complete, albeit shaky, packages the series has ever seen. [Issue#226, p.68]
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    While the campaign length is fairly standard of past iterations of the series, it's worth multiple playthroughs and the multiplayer offers endless hours of fun and enjoyment; whether it's slaying zombies or facing off against other players in a wide range of multiplayer modes with an endless number of loadout combinations.
  3. Dec 23, 2012
    Worth checking out for online and the sci-fi novelty value alone. [Jan 2013, p.95]