4.9

1. Nov 23, 2014
    This **** is just a joke. **** maps, **** players, **** weapons. Is the same **** time and time again and you just want to stop playing more than keep playing.
  2. Nov 10, 2014
    This COD has excellent pacing, something MW3 and Ghosts didn't have, which is the main reason I came back to it and Blops 1. On the negative side, this game has some annoying guns that did not receive patching. These are the snipers that seem to have a ten foot hitbox and the annoying shotguns, especially the Remington. How can a sniper beat a SMG up close? Honestly those two guns paired with dexterity almost breaks the game for me. Don't even get me started on the target finder LMG slobs that camp at the back of the game. The game was great on launch, as it was SMG/AR dominant. Don't know why Vonderhaar nerfed the hell outta the SMG's. The game is still better than Ghosts, which goes to say how horrible that game is. Expand
  3. Nov 3, 2014
    Since these reviews are filled with grammatical errors, and the spelling is atrocious, I disregarded these jaded reviews. Good thing. I enjoyed the game. The best shooter out there, all COD titles. Nothing comes close. But you **** want it to be orgasmic. Grow up. Or go back to Minecraft.
  4. Nov 1, 2014
    This game is not nearly as bad as the user score makes it out to be. Let me start off by saying this: I grew up playing these games (No, I'm not one of those god-awful pottymouth 8 year olds), so I may be a little biased, but hey, this is my opinion. The game's campaign is the best since CoD 4's, and although the villain's motives can definitely be called into question, you definitely want to see him dead by the end of the game. In addition, Treyarch added in the much-needed addition of player choice into the story. The graphics are a big improvement since the previous installments, with the cutscenes looking particularly nice. The multiplayer is CoD at its finest, so whether or not you like CoD's gameplay will most likely dictate what you think of the multiplayer. I personally really like it, however. Zombies mode, although much more ambitious in scope and narrative, simply feels a little less fun than Black Ops 1 zombies, with the focus being now on easter eggs and completing certain objectives than to simply see how long you can survive. The DLC maps are nice, albeit forgettable. Once again, how much you like CoD as a whole will dictate whether or not you should get the DLCs.

Campaign - 9/10
    Multiplayer - 9.5/10
    Zombies - 6.5/10

Overall - 8/10
  5. Oct 29, 2014
    I really LOVE this game!!!!!! It is in my opinion the best Call of Duty game yet. I really like the multiplayer the best. It is a very fun game o play with your friends. I wished i could rate it higher.
  6. Sep 25, 2014
    I actually love this game!

Compared to the newer COD games being released, I feel this COD, along with MW2 & MW3, are actually good ones. I don't know if this is just my experience with others, making it enjoyable, or even if you played alone it's a great time. Someone else can cover that.

9/10, as the campaign is exactly the same as the others.
    (Would be 10/10 if it was differed).
  7. Sep 5, 2014
    Eh. Its not that great. The main problem with cod: THE HACKERS! There are so many hackers. The multiplayer always lagged. The gameplay in this game wasn't bad but not good either. The only reason i'm not giving this game a 3/10 is because zombies. If black ops zombies was its own game i would give it a 7/10. But its not. Describe this with 3 words: Lag,Hackers,Disappointing.
  8. Jul 15, 2014
    Is 2014, and this game still sucks like sh**. Campaign? Good, I think, but short. Multiplayer? Terrible, lag, unbalanced weapons and the worst community. Zombies? Wants to be like L4D (with crappy stuff) and... fails. Graphics? Please rip off your eyes. Gameplay? Still being the same. Fun? If you are fanboy, buy it and have sex with it... but if you are a FPS fan... no... just, no. Expand
  9. Jul 9, 2014
    its the best black ops yet but should extend the levels on campaign the guns are brilliant but should upgraid them more often the multiplayer is awsome! i recomend this to anyone who enjoyes playing high quility shooting games.
  10. Jun 23, 2014
    The Call of Duty user reviews on Metacritic are nothing but **** Seriously, go to a REAL review site if you want to know whether or not this game is worth it. Otherwise, I can tell you right now this is the first game in a LONG time that tries to be more innovative. Though a different approach with the single-player campaign, a mutliplayer that actually builds from what Black Ops 1 establishes, and bunch of other goodies, Black Ops II is easily the best game in the series since COD4 (or Modern Warfare 2, if you actually enjoyed it). And this is coming from someone who HATES modern cover-based shooters.

...But seriously, go to Giant Bomb and read their review. When it comes to Call of Duty, Metacritic reviews suck.
  11. Jun 15, 2014
    The first Call of Duty game I've ever owned and put time and effort into. While it's not exactly a bad game, Black Ops II suffers from focusing too much on online play. The offline play is fine if you're happy with mediocre A.I., which isn't that big of a deal considering many games of this genre refuse to use A.I. bots in order to put a heavier focus involving online play. The single-player campaign is awful...and this is why almost nobody plays the campaigns of this franchise. Lack of story, good narrative, variety in the levels, or even good level design within the campaign means there's no real reason to bother with it, especially considering the short length which can last only two hours if you happen to be good. If you enjoy quick thrills and competitive play, then this game will suit your needs. Expand
  12. Jun 14, 2014
    It's true that Black Ops II has some flaws. The bigger ones are that the zombie maps are **** the game is linear, and falls in the category of six-hour gameplay, and even though it's set only a decade from our current year, soldiers carry sniper rifles that can pierce entire buildings, gloves that stick to surfaces and gigantic warfare robots.
    But it has some redemption. First, there's
    branching storyline. Who the hell doesn't like branching decisions? And to make you curious, there's a twist in the story that'll make you throw your remote out the window. Second, we get to remeet our old pals, Hudson, Mason and Woods. I loved Black Ops, so we get a warm feeling of being back home.
    The game has various flaws, but if you don't think about it, it's simple and plain fun.
  13. May 28, 2014
    Fantastic campaign combined with endless hours of multiplayer enjoyment not to mention zombies give this game a definite 10. My favorite COD campaign, second favorite multiplayer (BO1 first).
  14. May 19, 2014
    this cod has the best story of all the cods since the bad guy this time is a proper bad guy, i really liked the mp this time around only thing disappointing was zombies which is sad cause that was really the reason i got into cod in the first place
  15. May 6, 2014
    Black Ops 2 is definitely one of the great Call of Dutys. It has a fantastic Campaign, the multiplayer is almost perfect except for the lag! Zombies is better than before and the multiplayer is actually fun to play, if you can't choose between Black Ops 2 and Ghosts then i STRONGLY recommend this.
  16. Apr 6, 2014
    Easily my favorite Call of Duty game to date. Yes, even better than Modern Warfare, better than Black Ops 1, better than Ghosts. As hard as I try, I cannot think of anything that was done wrong with this game. Story was great. Music was great. Multiplayer was the most well balanced, fun, and addicting in the series. Zombies was meh, but that's just me. I've never been much into Zombies. Gameplay is solid as usual for the series. Expand
  17. Apr 5, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10 Graphics: 8 out of 10 Gameplay: 8 out of 10 Fun: 5 out of 10 Controls: 9 out of 10 Ease to Learn: 8 out of 10
    Length: 7 out of 10
    Re-play: 7.5 out of 10
    Audio: 8 out of 10
    Bugs/Glitches: not much
  18. Mar 9, 2014
    Probably on of the best first person shooters out there. This game is ten-times better then Ghost and MW3. Treyarch is the dominating game developer..
  19. Jan 28, 2014
    A pretty fun game to play online, or with your friends. Zombies is kind of in between good and bad. The campaign is horrible, yet again. But the multiplayer is what counts, so there for my honest score is a 7/10
  20. Jan 16, 2014
    This franchise has gone pretty stale. The story mode is unengaging and the graphics are not extraordinary. Zombie mode is just alright. The multiplayer is this game's only slight redemption, however it doesn't really offer anything different from previous COD releases. There are much better FPS games on the market. If you are a person that doesn't expect the least bit of depth in your games, are satisfied with "just another COD", and want a mildly entertaining run-and-gun multiplayer experience... you might like this. I however do not. Expand
  21. Jan 7, 2014
    This game sucks. You get the dumbest deaths, people that use lmgs have like 1000% health, and the lag is HORRIBLE. Dont get the game unless your amazing at COD. This game can be fun if your good at it but for me i stink and die all the die so i dont have fun.
  22. Jan 2, 2014
    Overall this is a fine addition to the Call of Duty franchise. The campaign is the best yet, in my opinion, and will last for some time. The multiplayer is flawed and has many errors that need tweaking. The lobbies aren't friendly at all either. Multiplayer again is basically a copy of the past. The only mode that stands out is zombies. A quick match will leave you hungry for another game, and is always fun to try and survive the onslaught with others. Yes, it I a copy of the past, but still might be worth your time. Expand
  23. Dec 29, 2013
    There is a lot of haters out there and to be honest I am half a hater myself, for how bad the graphics are when compared to games by EA, SCE etc., for how they never have any innovation on anything, but there is no deny that CoD is a pretty solid franchise. It might be repetitive, but it is always functional and definitely playable.
    bo2 is a mediocre shooter, but it definitely isnt a 0
    out of 10. It did earn infinity ward more than it deserves, but cmon we cant expect them to come out and be like "we know our game sucks so we are asking our fans to please stop buying them" right? So let's just give them a break and hope CoD gets better in the future. Expand
  24. Dec 22, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is almost three great games in one. It has a fantastic campaign with multiple endings, improved multiplayer, and an enhanced zombies mode.
  25. Nov 10, 2013
    The low user score is unfair but who can stop the fanboys... Another successful installment of the CoD series with a few welcome tweaks.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: The Black Ops series started with a great story with the set in the cold war era. This one continues with the same story travelling between that era and the near plausible future. Well thought and well delivered. As for the
    characters they are well built and you can relate to their story. Menendez steals the show.
    PRESENTATION: As good as ever. In a time when the next gen consoles dominate the conversations BO2 still manages to deliver great quality graphics even with an aging engine. Whatever that means.
    GAMEPLAY: Not many innovations here but why mess in a winning formula right? Exception made to the strike force missions. Did not liked them and feel a bit off in the campaign.
    PROGRESSION: Treyarch tweaked the progression system on the online experience to a new level with the pick 10 system and the weapons prestige. Very good idea if you ask me.
    ONLINE: Picking up with the above mentioned the MP is even better with the referred pick 10 and weapon prestige which delivers a very well balanced and engaging online experience.
    The CoD series still delivers the best FPS game around. No doubt about that.
  26. Nov 7, 2013
    Black Ops 2, is the best COD for singleplayer campaign where you can choose who you are, a bad or a good person causing multiple choices on what you do. Although tiring, it gives you very good rewards in the Campaign, and for me it's good for FPS campaign fans to play Black Ops 2, where almost, a unlimited fun of campaign can be played on. The Challenges will give you good effort for the Multiplayer and the future COD games and because it's so annoying, it was worth it for a weapon for a loadout.

The Campaign was praised as the story has a large connection and drama, about a father-son relationship rather then just an ordinary war where people lose people, but where people's blood relatives were lost. Other then MW3, Black Ops II if it's on fake is still worth it then a multiplayer.

But it was shaky, the multiplayer and the zombies didn't change, but although the singleplayer has thought a good story for creative writers on making a story.
  27. Nov 6, 2013
    I like the near-futuristic approach to Call of Duty. The weapons are fun to use, and are slightly more varied than in previous installments. The muliplayer is exactly the same, otherwise. Same game modes, and pretty well the same maps. Spawns are slightly less bad than in previous games, and the maps remain small. The singleplayer is decent, with specific actions that result in different endings adding a minor difference to the Call of Duty formula. Zombies is back and is as boring as ever. The formula is getting extremely stale at this point. Since there are no other decent multiplayer games coming out for a while, guess were stuck with this one. Expand
  28. Nov 2, 2013
    Let me first say that I had no interest in Black Ops 2 initially. Like many, I thought I was done with the Call of Duty franchise as each year it became more of the same. However, I rented Black Ops 2 and that changed very quickly. The campaign is probably my third favorite (behind Modern Warfare and Black Ops). I did not think it was nearly as great as most say it is. I really don't mind since I play through the campaign once before I delve into the real purpose of the CoD games..the multiplayer. The multiplayer is far and away the best since Modern Warfare revolutionized it about five years ago. Since 2007, it is been more of the same with more tweaks here and there, but this game allows for alot of customization. Multiplayer has so many options to fit your play style especially with the Pick 10 style. I can go into a game with no grenades if I want and stock up on perks. Also, the emblem creator is better than ever with more slots and customization. It's a fun way to express yourself even if some user emblems are not exactly PG rated. While there are some technical issues and the game is not perfect, the game is the most fun I've had playing online to date. I've owned it for a few weeks and have already put in over 100 hours and I haven't felt even begun to get bored. Expand
  29. Oct 29, 2013
    I think people hate of the franchise is because they are a fan boy of another game, they think it's cool to be like everyone else or they just don't like the game for valid reasons, I'm not part of the war between battlefield and call of duty, but I do think this game is great, like I do battlefield. Multiplayer is addicting and enjoyable with a good variation of weapons. Let's see many people don't like this review. Expand
  30. Oct 26, 2013
    i'm changing my score from 9 to 6. i used to like this game. but damn. i realise that this call of duty isn't that different from the last. it lacks innovation. let me say that again LACKS INNOVATION!
  31. Oct 21, 2013
    Another year, another generic and tired Call of Duty. It has lost it's way, lacking innovation every year. While having a descent zombie multiplayer and a great story, it fails with the awful multiplayer and predictable campaign design. Without even offering a descent RTS element, without even changing the basics for the multiplayer, without even changing the graphics engine, without even really upgrading the Zombies mode... This is a shame for the first-person shooters. At least there's some fun to have with the Zombies and with the interesting story. (Final Score: 5.58) Expand
  32. Oct 15, 2013
    The typical, humdrum, repetitive game that people have somehow not come to expect over the almost ten years of the CoD franchise.

The gameplay is exactly the same, and as many say: "If it isn't broken, don't fix it." However, the game has been broken for quite some time, and though it totes some fun to be had with a few friends, the sheer lack of support in terms of patching and the
    unbalanced nature of the game, make something that is apparently online focused seem like a joke.

Each CoD is hyped with several exciting story trailers, and yet again, we are treated to a boring, Hollywood centric piece. And this is delivered in top class by the appalling writing of David S. Goyer, who's attempt at military propaganda is no better than someone who doesn't claim to be a writer.

The fact that Trent Reznor has written the score, was something that got me half excited, but the material he has provided was nothing short of mediocre.

Overall an appalling repetition of last years instalment. Steer clear of this one.
  33. Sep 27, 2013
    I was really expecting this game to be okay at best, but i was wrong. Black Ops 2 is what its predesesor should have been, The graphics are improved the multiplayer is fun as hell, the gameplay is at its best and above all its story mode and characters are amazing. Black Ops 2 is my favorite COD and has one of the best villains in gaming history, Raul Menendez.
  34. Sep 21, 2013
    Treyarch really could of done a better job with this game. After games like WaW and Black Ops (which were great) you would expect their sequels to be good as well.

MW3 was a complete disappointment, so I had hopes that BO2 would make the COD series better again. The game was so hyped up I actually thought it would be the best COD yet. After playing it, it's definitely the worst one yet.
    The singleplayer story is boring and forgettable. They tried to add in new components, like choosing your own path, but it just didn't work out. Multiplayer is recycled elements from the previous CoD games; a variety of guns to use and only one or two of them are worth using because they are overpowered. No good maps, online is laggy because there are no dedicated servers, and the game freezes a lot. Zombies was my most anticipated part of the game, and turned out to be a failure like the rest of the game. Maps aren't enjoyable, it's basically just Black Ops 1 DLC maps with a few extra parts.

This game is very much like MW3. Recycled elements, overpowered weapons, boring game modes. The only thing is that MW3's storyline was good. Black Ops 2 has nothing good about it.
  35. Sep 18, 2013
    Where Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto series keeps improving and revolutionising the open-world genre with hot new releases, Activision's Call of Duty franchise has shunned and abandoned the shooter games by releasing mediocre after mediocre games that spawned from a once good series starting with Modern Warfare.

Everything in the game feels lacklustre and I can't believe the critics giving
    the game a 9/10 or a 8/10, guess they just like the same crap every year with slightly better graphics. Shooting mechanics have improved and so has the story but that doesn't save 3 hours of boring campaign missions, terrible net code and lack of fidelity that makes everything feel disjointed. If you're gonna come back from Black Ops 1, you gotta bring your best. Not this unpolished, lazy mess of a game! Expand
  36. Sep 15, 2013
    Story: Black Ops 2 's setting takes place in 2 parts. One takes place in 2025, the other takes place after the 1st Black Ops (cold war). The game features characters returning from the 1st Black Ops, and new characters for the future missions. All the voice acting in the campaign is great, and the game's villain is good. The biggest surprise though is that the story is Actually great. It's not like MW2 and 3 where you're fighting Russians, it's actually different and you get to learn the backstory of the plot in the past sections and see how those events affect the future and the villain's plan. Rating: 9

Gameplay: Treyarch added some new features to the single player to give it some replay value. They added challenges, player choices, strike force missions (suck), and the biggest addition to me is the create-a-class. Now you can choose your own loadout for each mission and not have to deal with whatever the game gives you. However, the A.I is still dumb and the campaign is sadly only 4.5 hours long. Rating: 8

Graphics: I will say the graphics are the best CoD graphics I've ever seen, but that's not saying much. Rating: 7

Music: The main theme by Trent Reznor is great, but the rest of the soundtrack isn't memorable. Rating: 5

Multiplayer: Since almost everyone buys CoD for the multiplayer, this section might be the most important section of all, and I have a lot of stuff to say about the MP. In my opinion, the most important thing in an FPS multiplayer is balance, which this game is LACKING. After the 1st week, the community started to notice some guns that did better than most of the guns. Some examples are: PDW-57 and MSMC (slightly nerfed), AN-94 (still overpowered after a ton of patches), FAL (gun's even banned in League play), R870-MCS (still extremely overpowered and I hate this shotgun), LMGs with Target Finder (LMGs already have low recoil, now Treyarch basically gave them an aimbot), C4s with the FAST HANDS perk (you're telling me a soldier can pull a C4 out of his ass and throw it in half a second and detonate it using his mind?), DEXTERITY perk (especially annoying with shotguns, SMGs, assault rifles, and quickdraw attachment), and quickscoping is back (great. P.S sarcasm). The maps here are BAD. Where as in MW2 and the 1st Black Ops, the maps were pretty good, now 90% of these BO2 maps are uninspired, mostly small (SMGs dominate AGAIN), almost no good spots where snipers (not quickscopers) and LMGs can perch up and support their team, and most of these maps have the same overused 3 lane layout (1 path in the middle, 2 in the sides). Lag compensation also returns being more annoying than ever. This game also has an UNPATCHABLE audio bug that mutes all game sounds and replaces it with this weird helicopter like sound that's exclusive to PS3 users (I think). But the MP did do some things right (mostly in customization). They improved on the already great emblem editor, they added League Play (for any of you try hards out there), improved theater mode, and added new and unique camos for your gun (most are in microtransactions). But these cons FAR outweigh the pros, and for someone who loved BO1's MP, I'm extremely disappointed. Rating: 4

Zombies: I'm a big zombies fan, and I was MORE disappointed with the zombies than the multiplayer (although Treyarch redeemed themselves with the DLC). the 1st map we got (Tranzit) was TERRIBLE. 85% of the map was covered in fog (which ruins exploration), the lava on the floor made exploration even worse. The map also had denizens (MOST ANNOYING ENEMY EVER), the "new crew" isn't funny, the Easter egg sucks, the map is WAY too huge for 4 players, and some of the perks (PHD Flopper, Deadshot Daiquri, and Mule Kick) weren't even on this map. One thing Tranzit added was Double Tap 2.0 (increased damage and made D.T more useful). The other launch gamemodes aren't as good either. Survival is just normal zombies on small maps (WAY too small for 4 players), and Grief was just wasted potential. The idea of having 4 V 4 on zombies where you have to troll the enemy team into defeat sounded cool, but ended up being just 8 players playing on the survival maps because you don't get much options on how to affect the enemy team's chance of survival (knifing and zombie meat. That's it). The only other things that Treyarch did that was good was add theater mode into zombies, and add solo leaderboards. But I still think Treyarch took a step backwards from moon with tranzit. Rating: 4

Overall: BO2 was a HUGE disappointment to me when compared to the 1st Black Ops. Improved campaign, BROKEN MP, and disappointing zombies makes this game the 3rd worse CoD in my opinion. Overall rating:6
  37. Aug 27, 2013
    Black Ops II is not my personal favorite of the franchise nor do I think it should be in the franchise at all, but that does not mean that the game is bad. The new environments are a real treat to look at and new weapons are fun to use. The controls are pretty much the same so don't think you'll have a hard time to jump into the game. Zombie mode is also fun to play, especially with a friend online or right in the living room. Online mode is pretty straightforward with the same modes and new maps and features. Bo2 is just an old car with new paint, but you'll definitely get a kick out of it. Expand
  38. Aug 26, 2013
    I have played all the cods since cod4. Cod4:Great! Codwaw:Good Mw2:OK CodBO:good zombies Codmw3:Ugh Codbo2:really? this game is not worth a review Buy it when its in the 10$ bin. Just like most of them, Boring campain, ruined zombies,Multiplayer is full of people swearing and using all the easy stuff and abusing glicthes. and in genaral It sould be called: Copy and paste Duty Bad ops 2. Also the graphics are so cartoonie Expand
  39. Aug 17, 2013
    9.1 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

This does not beat the original "Black Ops"-game in my book, but it does come pretty close. While it does not greatly improve upon the Call of Duty series, like "Black Ops" did, it does continue what the original did right. The things we loved about "Black Ops" can easily be found here (the customization, zombies, combat training and more), but sadly,
    so can much of the things we didn't like (the confusing aspects of the story, for example).

For being a very linear series, it comes as a surprise that this Call of Duty-game packs 6 different endings, depending on the decisions you make during the campaign. This, I believe, is a bad move. It puts unwanted pressure on the player that causes us to constantly replay missions to make sure we get the best ending. I constantly found myself looking up the right decision online whenever I had to make one, because I was afraid of making a mistake. This is something you don't want the player to have to do while playing your game.

On the other hand, I believe the 10 point-system in class customization is a huge hit. And that is something I think Treyarch is excellent at doing; the customization.

So other than minor gripes, I think this is a much worthy sequel to "Call of Duty: Black Ops".
  40. Aug 16, 2013
    This Game would get a 5 but I do quite like the Zombies gamemode, lore, setting, replay value and great to play with friends, even with SplitScreen. There is some very serious issues with the Single Player mainly it just being there. If you are a making Multiplayer focused game focus on the Multiplayer player, just don't make a single player story. Single Player is not a requirement anymore in games. Multiplayer is the same same as all the other Call Of Duty games. Expand
  41. Aug 2, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II 9/10.......................................................................................................................
  42. Jul 28, 2013
    It's the exact same as last year and as usual somehow took two years to market and another year to make work correctly.
    Now to be honest it's true, same thing since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, same engine, several powerful guns, several useless guns, and the rest are just there. The story as normal is pointless to play unless if you want to perfect the game, at least this year you can
    influece said story and have a slightly different ending. Side-quest mode (AKA Zombies) is the same thing from Black Ops 1, only this time you can build stuff and that the characters are new, yet this time forgetable. I can say though that I enjoyed Mob of the Dead, finally providing a challenge to survive. Finally the thing that makes all of the cal of duty fans go crazy, the broken and useless multiplayer. I'm actually pretty good at it (2.27 Kills to Death Ratio and a 1.21 Win to Loss Ratio) and I still do not enjoy myself when I play it, it's a torture to play even when you are good, somehow though this game keeps a massive fan boy following. I've played both the console and PC editions and none of them are any different, and that's to be expected since Activision is too busy eiter working on another series of pointless and bad cash ins, or the next Call of Duty. My personal opinion, if you want a Call of Duty game, buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: World at War, together thay are half the price of Black Ops 2 and are both exceedingly better than this years rehash. And a Fun Fact, the graphics are actually worse than World at War somehow, go figure. Expand
  43. Jul 27, 2013
    Note This is a new version the score is 4/10 but it says 7/10 but it is a second reviewThis game is ok I like shooters it is bland but they tried it is good but the story is weird at times and what annoys me when I start a mission I'm greeted with a cutscene that can't skiped until halfway present in other CODS But It is much slower now I know why Robert Bowling left with others it is so stupid also multiplayer is not a selling point of any game story is the focus It wants to be taken literally but I can't I loved COD SP Because how cheesy it was it is fair for me to note that I just play Co-Op So Zombies is where I play nothing to say but Zombies also Avenge Sevenfold has a cameo at the end I hate them RIP Treyarch I loved Spider Man 2 but your dead to me now dead MW2 Is My Favorite Cod The Best by the way the story is not linear it is like a movie when you play story set to hard the SEALS Are bland the only Characters I remember we're the Seals That were slaughtered In strike force on veteran also A.I Sucks 4/10 P.S This Reviews Grammar is off it is COD But I'm not good at writing also this is rereview so it says 7/10 but it is 4/10 Expand
  44. Jul 27, 2013
    I can see all the good Treyarch was trying to do, but Black Ops 2 has sadly fallen into the dark pit of MMS: "Mainstreamed Military Shooters."

The campaign was the one thing I was looking forward to when they announced BO2. Unfortunately, it was said to take place in the year 2025. I thought, "Well, just because it's in the future doesn't mean it's bad." True, and this is what i said to
    myself, but I found that most MMS's are now in the future, and aren't that good, but I still held hope. Sadly, the four-hour campaign was not worth playing, regardless of integrating choice. Through the years, Treyarch has done a great job with making Call of Duty campaigns, but this one was trying desperately to be Modern Warfare.

The multiplayer is either "you love it, or hate it." I hate it. The original Black Ops Multiplayer was soooo much better, and was perfect the way it was being set in The Cold War (along with the campaign). The multiplayer is there for days when you really just don't care about life. Mindless shooting and yelling (that vaguely sounded like Team Fortress).

The Zombie mode is probably the thing that saved this game from being a negative review. Although I don't get as hyped as other people with zombies, I enjoy it to bits.

Rest In Piece, old Call of Duty, you have been replaced by the MMS.

Only reason I'm getting CoD Ghosts is to see what happens to the dog. Friggin' love dogs.
  45. Jul 25, 2013
    This is a Call of Duty game. This game is MW1,MW2,MW2,WAW and BO1. There are only new maps and new guns. And some futuristic flying weapons or something like that. Don't expect anything new. And also there are many multiplayer craches and glitches.
  46. Jul 24, 2013
    it was alright, i was moderately bored most of the time. I did like the arsenal that was available: http://www.airsplat.com/cod-black-ops.htm. i will say that It was pretty to look at
  47. Jul 19, 2013
    Call of duty gives what everyone expects. Fun, full of adrenaline filled action pack. These days games just fills the gametime by some meaningless or boring and repititive tasks like having to walk 1000 hours in tho another place, before anything happens. In coh black ops 2, these tedious and boring parts are removed and only good parts are left to the game. Also multiplayer is highly competetive and is fun as hell. Good thing compared to bf series is also that, it is not camping festival unlike bf. Expand
  48. Jul 18, 2013
    No good campaign but that is standard for CoD, very big online community, great zombies experience which is now a pretty big deal in the game. The graphics are not the best but zombies can even be a reason to buy this game, the maps in zombies are great with alot of easter eggs so you can keep playing.
  49. Jul 15, 2013
    Okay, here's yet another Call of Duty game. If you've played every CoD game from CoD4, you know what to expect. Only this time, the game is set mostly in the future.

Let's look at the single-player campaign. To be honest, you have to give credit to Treyarch for trying something new with the campaign structure. What you do will affect what path you take and how the story turns out. It's
    nice to take a break away from the linear campaign structure, as what was done in the past. The story was quite ok.

Zombie mode. They actually have done SOME improvements, but why do we need a storyline here?

Multiplayer: Here is what people care about the most. I like the idea that you can prestige your weapons once you max out your level. Other than that, it's really the same Call of Duty multiplayer from the past games, except that it's in the future. It should be noted that there are parts of the singleplayer that is set in the 1980s. Why can't we have that in the multiplayer? You know a mode set in the future and a mode set in the past? That would be something.

Overall: The only surprise you should expect from BO2 is the non-linear single-player structure. Multiplayer is quite the same. It's still fun, though. BO2 does NOT suck, but if you're expecting a totally revamped CoD, you'll be disappointed.

P.S. Wake up, IW and Treyarch. This is the same engine used for five years. Give us a new engine already! Small lighting changes don't cut it.
  50. Jul 9, 2013
    In Modern Battlefield 4, 3 different exciting(not very) modes await.
    The campaign is full of lovable characters such as Dimitri Reznov and Nikolai Mason(this is confirmed)
    With a Linear story line is full of guns bullets and america what more could you ask for?(alot)
    The zombies mode breathes new fresh(dead) air into the gameplay. After playing the new Red Run Mode you play as Samuel
    Stoolhinger Bill Cosby Mitchell Musso and Vanessa Hudgens. After getting onto a train full of zombies you ride to the safety of perk machines and More. In the New Alcatraz of the dead game mode you play as Sally DeSuca, The Sneasel, Finnick Washington, And Billy Clem After ''completing'' daedulus you're trapped on the golden gate and can only kill yourself um....10/10 story.
    The Multiplayer re-defines the word fps. With a Galore of players sitting in corners with Machine guns fixed with a target finder to provide -100% recoil its a very balanced experience. With Snipers that run in your face to kill you with 1 bullet to people with shotguns sleeping in corners every match feels like a new start.
    Overall with A Great Linear Campaign 0/10
    Balanced Multiplayer 0/10
    And a Refined Zombies Mode 0/1000000

I Give it a 10/10 Because I'm Idiot
  51. Jul 7, 2013
    I have to give it to Treyarch, they seem to make the more bearable versions of this highly iterative franchise. This year Black Ops II admittedly has a better campaign than its predecessors. The choice element is a little fresh but isn't implemented all that well, but the missions were fun enough to keep me advancing, even if I did end up tiring of the story. The multiplayer is as slick as ever, but it really doesn't add all that much. Zombies is perhaps innovated most in this title, but it still feels a little weary with age. Its a good game, but Activision should really pack their bags now and leave on this one, because even though this game is decent, it is not going to save this franchise from an inevitable end. Expand
  52. Jun 22, 2013
    The campaign is what's to be expected from a Call of Duty game even though I felt the past installment was way more exciting. The multiplayer is just as addicting and fun as it has been in the past. Upgrades and unlock ables keep you going like normal.
  53. Jun 19, 2013
    Graphics amazing, but this just isn't my type of game. Hard to see who the enemy is, very chaotic while in play, no story in single play mode. Very hard for a person to me to get into. I may be minority, but just not my type of game
  54. Jun 18, 2013
    As a trend, the modern call of duty games have always had a lightning strike sense of pacing, mixed with a general disinterest in player agency. Games are a fundamentally interactive medium, one where participation on the part of the player crafts the experience, and this is a point black ops 2 has missed. The main failing, as it goes, is its incessant handing the player tools or equipment before showing of a few set pieces and sending them to the next toy. It cant maintain focus long enough to engage on any level with the player. The review is a 2, however, because at least until the next call of duty hits shelves, the multiplayer is as well designed as is expected for these games. What changes they do make add quite a bit to the flow and customization options, where the map pathing is put together to create an incentive to move continuously, making the games as fast as intended. However, when the next call of duty comes out, the multiplayer will inevitably die out, and as such cannot weigh heavily on a purchase of a 60 USD game. what few advances this title makes are not enough to redeem the unfocused and unengaging series. Expand
  55. Jun 10, 2013
    This is what I think about Black Ops II. I think that It had a good story line, some really cool added features to the campaign like a more diverse custom load-out, and the Multiplayer was better then the Vanilla Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer. I think that the point system was great. It allowed people not to become over-powered and you could choose what you wanted with the consequence of not being allowed as much stuff. I enjoyed the scorestreak better then I enjoyed the killstreak. It allowed my to appreciate the points that I got on the screen a lot more for getting kills with a hellstorm missile. The story-line was the best Call of Duty story-line since CoD4 (I kid you not). The maor problems I had were the not-so-necessary missions (killing people with your machete) and the unlock tokens. I believe that if you earned it, then it should come automatically to you instead of picking and choosing what you want. Everyone saying custom emblems suck because people make d*cks and such out of them, everyone who is immature is prone to do something like that in any customization system. I give it an 8/10 because of the major step head of the previous game. Oh, I forgot to mention the Zombies and the endless fun that brought to me. Expand
  56. Jun 9, 2013
    HONESTLY IT DOES HURT THE GAME INDUSTRY THAT THESE REDUNDANT COD GAMES SELL 30MIL COPPIES EACH. People buy 20-30mil copies of CoD and miss out on truly unique games like metro 2033 or the darkness 2 and these are in the same genre they are FPS's and damn good too. How many people can say they truly bought call of duty black ops AND Metro 2033 Not many if any and at least metro is an FPS too. Can anyone say black op2 was actually pound for pound better than Deus Ex H.R.? Now i don't always agree with critics but even they thought deus ex was much better than black ops2 and look how deus ex sells maybe 2 million including pc and Call of doody black oops2 sells 10 times that on xbox alone. Even worse a great immersive FPS with ten times the heart and story Metro 2033 sells under 500,000 copies, yes it sold in the ball park of four hundred thousand copies...shameful that a quality game like that sells all together less than what CoD sells in one day. Is this because CoD blows ops2 is soooooo much better than metro....? NO, it is not but brain washed sheep buy the same game with the same engine in it with the same graphics every single year, they just change the name or put a creative (1),(2),or (3) next to it and the lambs come running to shell out 60$ instead of getting a truly unique experience and maybe having some taste or style or any uniqueness of your own. Even a mega hit multiplatform game that in my opinion might be the best of all time the vaunted "Fallout 3" pales in comparison with around 8mil sold while each CoD game more than triples those sales. Can even a CoD fan name any CoD game that even comes close to being as great as Fallout 3....wait i forgot to say that modernwarfare 2 doesn't count........just kidding that would be too cruel because that is what you were gonna say right CoD fanboy you original gamer you, and i bet you play CoD on your XBOX too how original and i bet you don't even play the 4hr campaign do you? All you 14yr olds and 40yr olds alike just grab a slim jim, take a swig of Monster if you are 14 and of course Budweiser if you are 40 and start on that CoD multiplayer with all that great story and non repetitive MP gameplay, of course you do this while waiting in anticipation for bungie's next sterile, super unique( i.e. halo 3 odst) game. Oh wait bungie is actually doing something good now (i.e. Destiny) so i guess 343 or whatever their name is will be copy and pasting a new label on the same old halo game, but at least halo doesnt come out twice a year. Good luck on not being as good as Battlefield 4 Call of Doody Ghosts (scary ghosts) but hey there are enough dumb people out there so you will outsell them even with last gen graphics and the same exact engine as model warfare. Greedy, Greedy Activision shoveling crap and calling it caviar when will you stop buying it. Expand
  57. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is truly addictive. IMO it's best played with friends. CoD Black Ops 2 is such as fast pace game that the smallest Latency or Lag (which occurs in all online MP games) is a bit frustrating since at times it can effect the players precision and skill. However, overall this game is excellent and the less skilled players who are unable to adapt when latency issues occur are usually the ones hating on the game. Expand
  58. Jun 6, 2013
    Haters love to hate and say that critics reviews for this game is biased. Maybe, but isn't haters just as biased. After all, they're probably fan boys of Halo or Battlefield and they think that the franchise is so superior that they have to hate every other games by saying it's the same thing every year (which is pretty cheap). But don't worry, this review is not biased. This review comes from a person who plays Call of Duty but accepts the fact that other franchises are just as good or better, but some do suck. We can't like everything but you can trust an unbiased review, like this one, where details about the game are considered, not the haters who say it's the same because it is and that's it.

Call of Duty is not getting better but to say it's the same is completely false and that's not even an opinion, it's a fact. Sequels can be different but they generally aren't which would usually make the franchise, as well as the business, inconsistent. Is Halo 2 so much different than Halo: Combat Evolved? Don't expect something completely new, it's a new game for a franchise that's been around for almost 10 years now. Also, game franchises that are released annually doesn't mean bad. Is Call of Duty the only franchise that does this? No, look at Assassin's Creed and Fifa. So, there are three modes. Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies. Seen before but revamped with added features. Campaign is the first in the franchise to feature branching storyline driven by player choice. It's also the first to feature nonlinear gameplay, thanks to it's multiple endings. But this feature is not so impressive if you're not into the story in the Black Ops series, you would instead go straight into the multiplayer like many fans. If you are, campaign is a real treat. The way you play the game is different and the story is not too predictable. Strike Force sounds awesome on paper and it could have been if it had been executed a bit better. The AI for allies is poor, you often have to direct them to one area and then do everything yourself.

When it comes to multiplayer, Infinity Ward has always been stronger with a more innovative and addictive multiplayer mode that adds depth to the franchise. Infected and Kill Confirmed especially in Modern Warfare 3. Theatre Mode sucks, it doesn't save all recent gameplays and you can only view them as clips but hopefully Treyarch will fix that. There are obviously new stuff you would expect such as guns, perks and scorestreaks. Pick 10 system is the best system in the franchise for class customization. It changes the way you play the game so instead of having to choose a grenade, you can replace it with another attachment if that's what you prefer. Wildcards cost one point each, they break the normal rules of creating a class, which allows you to select an additional perk. Three wildcards can be used in a loadout at a time which lets you select a perk from Tier 1, 2 or 3. The Pick 10 systems lets you choose 10 elements to make up a loadout and this is a system that should be used in future titles. Good thing about small maps is that the gameplay is paced faster so that shouldn't be a negative aspect, although the multiplayer map designs aren't the best in Black Ops II. CODCast is an innovative feature which allows you stream via YouTube if making YouTube video is one of your hobbies, which it is for many people. There may be a lot of little kids online but children these days don't play games that are age appropriate. Does that mean the franchise is bad? Hell, no! Kids play Grand Theft Auto and Halo but I don't hear any complaints about that. They may ruin the multiplayer experience but it's no one's fault but the parent who is responsible for the content that their child plays and watch.

Zombies comes with two new modes as well as Survival, Tranzit and Grief. Grief supports 8 players, 4 players per team, and the team wins if at least one of their players is the last one to survive. Tranzit mode is basically a combination of multiple maps and the only way to travel is by bus, as you might have seen in the trailer. Zombie is good fun and these are fun new modes if you want to play more than just Survival. Lava encourages you not to stand in one place, like you could do in previous titles featuring zombies, and it makes it more challenging but it's also annoying. When you get hit by a zombie a few times, you would often run into a lava and you could die. Still, you die and try again in many video games. Zombie is still the best aspect of Black Ops. Graphics isn't everything and it doesn't have to look the best, the franchise isn't really known for having the best graphics, but it's still good enough for the standard of modern games. They use the same engine from Black Ops and improved it but because Infinity Ward uses a newer engine for their Call of Duty games, Modern Warfare 3 looks better.
  59. May 25, 2013
    I'm not much of a CoD fan, but always had fun playing the franchise and was really excited for BO2 after BO1. Turns out, my expectations were wrong on this one. The single-player is bland and the story is confusing 'cause you're in the future, but you play in the past, which makes no sense at all! The MP is fun, but it's extremely lags here and there, then after a while, I stopped playing it. Then there's the Zombie mode, which is hard to consider as "FUN", its slow, boring, and a huge waste of time! Out of all the CoD's Iv'e payed, this is the worst. Expand
  60. May 14, 2013
    Now, I'm not just a Call of duty hater. I think at times the series is entertaining and is a joy with actual friends. I mean that by friends you can talk to, without headphones. I guess the most positive thing I can say about this game is that it's real fun to play with other people, I recommend playing with others so you can at least try to socialize with people. The negative comments I have for this game is mainly my lack of care for this game. I just don't find anything interesting in this game, which I think sums up my opinion about this game. It's fun with friends, but quite boring without anyone to play with. By now you probably yelling about how I don't talk about the multiplayer, I just don't personally like it, in this game at least. My ending statement is: this game is fun with friends, but is really boring without others to play with. Expand
  61. lox
    Apr 29, 2013
    I haven't even finished the campaign for Black Ops 2 due to the fact that it is god awfully boring and the multiplayer is fun for a few days but then it gets boring as hell as well. The hit detection is terrible, the spawn points aren't that great, and the maps are sub par, and full of head glitching and camping spots. In the end Black Ops 2 is fun for a little while but it gets boring and irritating very quickly. Expand
  62. Apr 27, 2013
    While definitely not as good as the previous Black Ops, this game is undeniably more polished and functional. They've taken out things people hated like second chance, and added in some interesting things like the MMS to multiplayer. Single player is your average CoD campaign- pretty bland. Zombies mode is less fun but is a step away from previous levels and is more challenging. It just isn't as fun.
    The Strike Force missions are fun though. I feel people who compain CoD never changes aren't looking at it objectively.
  63. Apr 26, 2013
    Robots everywhere, and a sniper rifle with an x-ray scope that can shoot through walls. That really right there was enough to get me to enjoy this game. I feel the Black Ops spin off series has been the best thing to happen to COD in ahwile compared to the Modern Warfare series. All in all a great modern shooter.
  64. Apr 26, 2013
    Really fun game! First Call of Duty I've owned and played, didn't play a lot of campaign, only tiny bit of first mission,loved the multiplayer, but it did have occasional connection errors and lag, but not too bad. They did a great thing with the zombies! I played original black ops with friends and family, but this one is way better (talking only about green run, hardly played die rise) I am a huge fan of Tranzit, first zombie mode I always think to play. Occasional lag and bugs aside, still a fun game! 8 out of 10! Expand
  65. Apr 25, 2013
    "All in all it's just another brick in the wall..."
  66. Apr 14, 2013
    After playing this game for a few months, I can say it is honestly impossible to not rage at this game with all the lag and BS that goes on. Pistols are OP'd, snipers run around quickscopin. I could write a 2 page essay about the flaws of this game's multiplayer. However I still don't believe it deserves a 4, its probably still better than 90% of fps out there
  67. Apr 9, 2013
    Considering the millions of pounds the Call of Duty franchise brings in every year, i'm really not surprised on how little has changed since the last. The multiplayer is a nice pass time in some areas but you can tell the maps and spawn locations have been rushed resulting in regular outbursts of frustration. The reason i didn't rate this game below five was it has a slightly above average campaign bringing in old favorite's such as ,'Mason, Woods and Reznov' The campaign still feels very linear at times though with piles of cars creating the route or invisible walls. Overall verdict is that it's blatantly obvious that this game has been rushed and i don't see much improvement coming for the next one. Expand
  68. Apr 8, 2013
    It seems Activision is still trying to milk the COD franchise sending out another piece of poo in the form of Black Ops 2 which is again only slightly different from past games.

The single player is pure boredom. Spending hours on end shooting without anything to bring some flavour to this bland generic shoot is both repetitive and tedious, coupled with a narrative taken from a low
    budget action flick a half-arsed choice system and a main character who I would rather was mute makes a single player experience that should go in the bargain bin.

The most celebrated part of this game is however the multiplayer. I will say the multiplayer is solid and balanced, but very boring and buggy. You would think after COD's expansive history of games there would be more weapons than the measly roster.

Do not buy this game!!!!
  69. Apr 8, 2013
    I am not saying this is a bad game because I enjoyed it, but due to unknown reasons, this game has become unplayable. It freezes every time I load it up, the disc is fine, I even took apart my PlayStation to clean the Blu-Ray Lens. Quite pissed off really, considering how ridiculously overpriced these games are, they've produced a game that has just stopped working. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. Expand
  70. Apr 7, 2013
    I do not like campaign mode of all COD games: but this is not a problem. So far I've spent more than 100 hours on this game and I've played offline 30 minutes the day my DSL was down. Multiplayer is fine: maps are well designed and allows different combat style graphic is clear and it allows to see distant enemies well enough to hit them good weapon choice ad smart experience system
    logo customization
    different game mode
    chat work well enough

Multiplayer is not perfect
    with over than 600.000 players online sometimes ther's too much lag
    sometimes you can be kicked off a play without any reason
    the world league is only Base and not veteran

It worth the money they ask ?

It depends IF you like multiplayer YES

Ps.
    Campaign mode it remembers me old laser disc games...
  71. Mar 30, 2013
    In my opinion this is a great game. It is a huge improvement on Modern Warfare 3 and a great addition to the COD series.
    Campaign: Campaign this time around was actually pretty good. It had a decent story which I understood for the most part and a great variety of past and futuristic level design. I was disappointed with the strikeforce missions, which are incredibly difficult on Veteran,
    and quite easy on Normal and Hardened. Alongside occasionally frustrating challenges, a good few choices options throughout the campaign, and cool futuristic abilities, like the arm grenade and invisibility cloak.
    Multiplayer: They brought COD back. The multiplayer is a great asset to the game, and really stands out among the series. Even if it isn't as good as any COD before (and including) the original Black Ops. The pick 10 system is very smart and can be used in many different variations, making for a very enjoyable multiplayer.
    Zombies: Back again with a good dose of zombies. Same as usual, even though I was never really a fan of it, zombies is god fun with friends. Still not as good as the zombies on the original Black Ops though.
    Standard COD graphics, mixed with a good helping of new makes this memorable addition to the COD series. Well done Activision.
  72. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is a good mix between MW2 and Black Ops 1 as far as multiplayer is concerned. It has good guns, some great maps, and the pick 10 system is great. The only real downfalls of this game are the Zombies mode, which failed to deliver on its ambitious promises; its terrible Campaign, which is literally nothing to get excited about (it's only worth playing for trophies). Games like these are why the video game industry is becoming stagnant and this should be a cut off point for the series...for now. If a game has to rely on its multiplayer, it's obviously not good. We all need to think about that before we get suckered into buying another CoD game. Expand
  73. Mar 29, 2013
    As a newer fan of the COD series, I am not really in tune with this series so I don't know a lot about it. But what I will say is that it could be a lot worse here people, it could. I have no complaints with the campaign or with zombies, but the problem is really with the multiplayer. I have had several instances were I was in the middle of a game and wound up losing connection and getting kicked out of games. Another problem I have with it is that I would try to join a friend and could rarely join them in a lobby(if at all!) and would have to have them leave the lobby and then join them. Overall, I give it an 8/10 because it has problems with the multiplayer but it could be much, much, worse. Expand
  74. Mar 28, 2013
    I am giving this game a zero because multiplayer is unplayable due to lag comp and matchmaking issues at least 80% of the time. People with decent internet are penalized by their horrible lag comp coding. Most of the time what you see in the killcam is not what you saw on your screen. In this game you shoot first and die first. The players are not in sync. Almost every game there is someone running around with one or two bar connection who is indestructible and posting a ridiculous score. Map design is horrible and there are serious flaws in the spawn system. Most maps are tailor made for spawn killing and other cheap tactics. The dlc maps weren't any better. I don't know why I keep giving Activision my money. Every game since MW2 has gotten progressively worse. This one is definitely the worst with lag and hit detection. The community on this game is equally horrible and consists mainly of foul mouthed 8-12 year olds. I don't know what kind of stupid parent would buy their preteen this game and a mic. Treyarch has been nonresponsive when it comes to complaints about the game and has done nothing to fix the issues. Since release this game has caused the ps3 to freeze periodically during gameplay and there is an annoying sound glitch. We continue to have these problems (among others) after several patches. There is also the issue of probation. If you quit too many matches you get a five minute timeout before you can join a game and I think these can add/stack up. After a game session were this shoddy game caused my system to freeze 3 times I received a probation. I don't quit games, but Treyarch wants to take punitive action against me because their lousy game decides to take a dump.
    I made the mistake of buying the first dlc pack, but I won't be buying any more for this game. If you haven't purchased this game do yourself a favor and stay away.
  75. Mar 25, 2013
    It's not bad but the Over-popular and overrated Black oops 2 doesn't give the entertainment awesome video games need. Fans(or should I say lunatics) will not be pleased.
  76. Mar 17, 2013
    This is a horrible game. This is the same as Black Ops 1, same engine, same guns. Lame DLC, Lame Servers. This was just a money maker for them, a rushed game in which should have been a 3 or 4 year project. Every COD, should take at least 4 years to make NOT 1 every year.

COD mainly is for Little Kids ask there Mom's to buy it and in so they can play with their friends and spend money
    on DLC.

Big Companys that host Competitive games with not good MLG players and spend Millions but cant fixed the servers? Smh
  77. Mar 15, 2013
    I can see where fans are coming from in that Black Ops 2 is a rehash of other COD games, and I have to agree that the franchise needs some work and improvisation done to it. Nonetheless Black Ops 2 continues to surprise with its action-packed levels and great variety of weapons. The voice-acting is also still great and it's nice to see the continued character story-arc from BO with Woods, Mason, Hudson etc. and now continuing with Mason's son and co. However the story isn't quite up to scratch with the few other COD's I've played and it can be a little confusing when it switches from one level in the past to another in the future and so on, yet it can be forgiven because it ties in with the main villain's life who is definitely one of the best COD has ever seen since he seeks vengeance and you really get understand his motives. Also an addition to the campaign and a change to the series is player-choices in some of the levels which affect the outcome of the game, as well as Strike Force missions which can be slightly annoying and tricky to pull off. The choices however increase the replay value and its nice to see what your actions caused at the end of the campaign. Graphics wise, it's much the same as its always been yet still attractive and gameplay is still simple. For the multiplayer, I have to say I really got stuck into this (although I have hardly played any of the other CODs) and it has great customization for weapons etc, and while I can see zombies is improved I never play it. Overall, a great COD yet with a slightly weaker story, but which it makes up for in its pulse-pounding action and addictive multiplayer. Expand
  78. Mar 5, 2013
    Wow, I love MW2 and 3, never played MW1 or BO1, and this game is the suck. The maps never open up, they could have called this Corridor Shooter if the name wasn't already taken. Every map is 3 to 5 paths by 3 crosspaths with a round about in the middle. When it does open up they just pile up stuff to make it tighter and there are lots of dead zones on the maps you could go to and never see another player. If you don't get what I'm trying to convey it is this, there is no flow or joy to be had with these maps, only shooting someone that walks in front of you. MW3 maps seem brilliant in comparison, not counting the DC. Even the least liked map Downturn, would seem like an upgrade to this game. You also get to play every half decent map in BO2 twice in a row since the alternatives are garbage in comparison, so you are nonstop playing standoff, the one with the fountain, the boat and carrier. The weapons and mods are crap, no long range high damage pistols like the magnum, instead you get a short range shotgun pistol!?! The flash and concussion grenades are useless, they feel like the original Call of Duty. No portable radar just some lame radar grenades that don't do squat and last 10 seconds. All the good skills are in the third skill slot, so you have to waste your perk on it to have the necessary skills to dominate. The target finder ruins your skills in other games. The killstreaks are impossible to use unless you are amazing, even to use something like a UAV. It is hard to have a purpose in the game such as Assault, Recon, Defense, Sniper etc... Everybody is just a run and gunner.

The Zombie game is incredibly stupid, this is a full game yet feels like a first person top down gun game you would download on your phone, minus the fun. The single player game is what all these games are 2 good moments surrounded by linear combat.

All in all a complete disappointment for a modern FPS.
  79. Mar 3, 2013
    I do like this game, but the only thing keeping it alive is its on line Multiplayer experience. The campaign didn't excite me as such and the zombies well I can say that there is an improvement. Overall the game is not as bad as most people exaggerate.
  80. Feb 23, 2013
    Let tthe haters hate, cause probably they are all noobs. I love this game, its addictive BUT quickscoping isnt as fun anymore. And host migrations damn it.
  81. Feb 19, 2013
    Lag Compensation kills Multiplayer. If you havent heard of it its the framerate/timeframe when your shooting enemies it gives them a chance to kill you even if you have already been shooting them.
  82. Feb 16, 2013
    The Campaign is probably the Best in the entire COD series. But the Mulitplaer is nothing but the same.
    Cheap kills, Campers, Head glitches, Hackers, Spammers, and much more makes the Mulitplayer Just the same it has been for the past 5 years. Just some new perks, Guns, and grenades.
    All the semi assault rifles are overpowered, Shotguns require no skill, and Quckscoping is back. Yay
    *sarcastic.* Zombies is improved from Black ops 1. Almost all the bugs from the first are fixed. It also has it's own Campaign. The maps are awesome and are better than the ones in Black ops 1. The Season Pass is just retarded. It cost's 60 Dollars and is activation's way of saying, you bought our 60 dollar game, Now spend 60 dollars more to actually get all the content.

Don't get this game if you're looking for a good multiplayer. But if you want this game for the story or zombies. Go right ahead.
  83. Feb 16, 2013
    Campaign is decent in comparison to other CoDs but still pretty mediocre. Multiplayer maps are also mediocre, and the game has some serious technical problems. The weapon balance is excellent, however, but in typical Treyarch fashion, there is very little variety among the weapons. Generally not enough recoil on them either. Zombies is actually a lot worse than it was in WaW and BO, but still playable. The game is decent overall, but it lacks in innovation and change, as we have come to expect from Call of Duty titles. Overall, very meh. Expand
  84. Feb 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first got black ops 2, I wasn't sure what to expect, for black ops was in my opinion the most entertaining COD not particulary with the campaign, but with the multiplayer, I thought treyarch did a wonderful job in that aspect. However, after reading these reviews I was expecting a horrible game that wasted all the money spent on it. Ill start off with the multiplayer, and yes like all other call of duty's, it was great and easy to use, especially with the new addition of pick 10. I admit it was frustrating in the beginning as I was unsure of what guns to use and how to create the perfect class, but that soon changed. Too add to that, the addition of league play is super fun as well as the other small things such as providing cooler clan tags which are fun and challenging to unlock. And the future weapons are amazing as they are not sci-fi crazy futuristic, but futuristic enough to believe that they could possibly be created in the near future. All that aside I give the multiplayer an 8/10. Now onto the campaign. It was amazing and that's all there is to it, from the slow motion action scenes in night clubs whilst dubstep/electronin music blares in the background to playing as the bad guy (menendez) running through a town ferociously killing everybody with a machete to protect his sister! Plus who would of thought Alex Mason would of died the way he did!! Again I admit, that the campaign does have its weak points in that the beginning was slow and almost painful to get through, yet I feel it was necccasary to propel the story!! Plus the addition of choice on who you kill or whether you kill or injure a character is fantastic!! It was action packed, with a compelling story that made me sad to finish in the end, yet it was beautiful, thus in the end ill give it a 9/10. Lastly there is zombies, and although I cant say much on this as I have never played it as much, I can say that so far it is interesting and again a fun new take on the game type, but ill get back to it once I play it more! So in the end although it does have its lows, I feel that this game is amazing, and possibly one of the best call of duty's made!! I recommend you buy it and enjoy! Expand
  85. Feb 13, 2013
    Campaign is alright but nothing special. Multiplayer is complete garbage, often leaving me in disbelief of how I had just died. Hunter killers? Really? How the hell are we supposed to see that garbage coming? BO1 was good, but this game is complete garbage. Don't waste your time, money, or your longevity of your life (it will raise your blood pressure through the roof).
  86. Feb 8, 2013
    Bo2 is pretty good but isn't as good as BO1 I find that some weapons are off balenced but its all good. Its a really fun game you should buy it
  87. Feb 5, 2013
    Black Ops 2 is a total disaster. The multiplayer is unbalanced and not addictive. The "zombies" is a mess, a complicated addition that used to be incredibly fun in the previous BO. And the single-player, while it has some worth additions, It's boring. And the graphics are outdated. Shortly, lets just say that It's the same game as the previous CODs. Unimpressed.
  88. Feb 4, 2013
    The call of duty franchise as a whole gets so much hate for it's continuing success and I am not the biggest fan of the series but I thought black ops 1 was a fun game, especially with some friends. The campaign of this game is probably the best of any call of duty ever, its very varied and has so many cool little set pieces we've come to expect from the series. The story however is uninteresting and the new protagonists are extremely boring and forgettable. Also the new strike force RTS segments have so much potential that is wasted with terrible friendly AI, thankfully these are mostly optional. The multiplayer has new ideas that in my opinion make it the most refined yet, but it feels way to similar to the other games which isn't really a problem as the games are fun but I got bored way faster than in the original black ops. As long as you're not expecting something completely fresh the multiplayer is still fun. The zombies mode was my favorite part of the original and this is the gamemode they've changed the most surprisingly. The zombies campaign treyarch promised is nothing more than a large map with a bus and build-able items which is somewhat disappointing but still fun. There are only three maps unless you get the special edition which is not too great considering these are just parts of the large tranzit map made into to small little arenas. The zombies mode is still fun but a little disappointing considering on how hyped up it was. Overall though this is still a fun package with hours of content and fun to be had. Expand
  89. Feb 3, 2013
    I really think that COD Black Ops II is the best game in the series by far. The creators have really dug down and tweaked a lot of things that I wasn't really happy with in the first Black Ops. I like the new features that they have added to the multiplayer portion of the game, and have little complaints towards things that they could work towards in future games.
  90. Feb 1, 2013
    Since COD4 I have been complaining about all the COD's I have bought. However, no matter how much I complained, these games were all still playable. This is the first COD that I can't enjoy. The only fun part for me was Tranzit. Yet, once you figure it out and have to kill yourself to end the game it is rather boring. I thought maybe setting a goal like getting to the final prestige or getting diamond weapons would make it more fun. Unfortunately, a bunch of little kids hacked the game to get all these and Treyarch did nothing about it. So....waste of 60 bucks Expand
  91. Jan 31, 2013
    I was looking forward to Black Ops II because of the single player campaign. The new story choices, sci-fi overtones and the new tactical RTS elements looked intriguing. Unfortunately, the campaign turned out to be lackluster. Sure, there was the odd occasional mission that was special (such as the one where you body glide off a cliff) but it was mostly just linear shooting galleries. It was a far cry from the fun of Modern Warfare 2's highpoint. The new RTS missions are also laughably simplistic. They just don't seem to work very well. The multiplayer is solid but unspectacular. The best part of the suite is the fact that you're rarely overwhelmed by scorestreak attacks. There's nothing more frustrating than being relentlessly hounded by helicopters for the duration of an entire match! Sadly, the maps are too small and boxed in. This negates any real strategy and results in a reflex heavy twitch-shooter where players dart about like they're competing in a marathon. Basically speaking, Call of Duty: Black Ops II has sank from promising to disappointing. Expand
  92. Jan 29, 2013
    BLACK OPS 2 ZOMBIES ONLY REVIEW. Having played World at War and Black Ops 1, I can say that the zombies mode in this game has definitely lost its touch. Sure, it's improved in the sense that there are now more modes: TranZit - where you travel between the different maps via a bus - and Grief - a competitive game mode where two teams compete for score, but still killing zombies. The maps aren't great either. Sure, they're designed around the TranZit mode but that is mainly, from my perspective, for little kids that want to over-complicate a simple mini-game. The classic style zombies is still present though. The three areas for the survival mode each have different resources. The first area, for example, just has a mystery box and 4 wall weapons, like the original Nacht der Untoten. It should also be noted that one can now change the starting round, whether there are dogs and whether it's headshots only, as well as the option to turn down the difficulty. Despite these additions, the actual fun has declined. You kill over 200 zombies before you even get to double figures on the round counter, yet there is little satisfaction. The weapons aren't satisfying to use due to the lack of recoil perhaps. Or maybe the zombies don't die as quickly. Whatever it is, something is definitely missing. In my opinion, Shi No Numa, Der Riese and Kino der Toten had the perfect balance between complexity of the map and complexity of progression. Everything was simple. You didn't have to go through a million different rituals and easter eggs just to upgrade a gun or even access the mystery box. Yet, they weren't too simple where there was no scope for strategy or variation. In Black Ops II, the problem is that it's gone too far yet again, just like the DLC maps for Black ops 1.
    //TLDR; if you're buying Black Ops 2 for the zombies, be aware that it's nowhere near as fun as World at War and the focus has been shifted away from zombies being a mini-game towards it being a more complete horde mode; which falls short of even Modern Warfare 3 or Gears of War 3's survival modes.
  93. Jan 28, 2013
    First of all, i must say that i had all the call of duty's so far, and i never gave a damn about single player, i always play the multiplayer for the online experience!!! i bought this game since day one but i couldn't play it for 2 days because it couldn't CONNECT to the online services! Great work treyarch, thank you! Only chuck norris was online those days! When the miracle happend and i connected thankfully i noticed some things that i didn't like! The knife didn't work properly like the other call of duty's, a lot of lagging, a GLINCH that give noobs access to master all the prestiges, which is inacceptable and the guns especially the smg's are super weapons, they can hit you from miles away! Ok i said, its a new game these problems will be fixed in a future update and it will work properly! There were a lots of updates since then but nothing was fixed, it getting even worst and worst! Not to mention that i have see the famous message ''call of duty : black ops 2 server is not available at this time'' every time there is double xp! So imagine how many times i couldn't play the game since its release! Just imagine! Don't fix treyarch any problem of the game, don't fix the servers, don't fix anything,just release a dlc and make it worst! Great idea! i'm wondering though, the new gun in dlc, the smg, who's smg is gonna be? Kratos smg? John Rambo's smg? Treyarch, this was the last time i bought a game with your name on, i would never gonna buy again! And i know that you don;t care about one customer, but please, don't dissolve the series! You are losing the average players! FIX THE SERVERS! Expand
  94. Jan 28, 2013
    Being one of a dozen people who play the singleplayer, I was shocked at how much they mucked up the whole Black Ops storyline. The only time I actually enjoyed this game was playing one on one gun game with my friend(on splitscreen). Turn to multiplayer and you're just asking for a profanity laced speech from a 10 year-old anti-Semite.
  95. Jan 27, 2013
    I don't see why people hate this game so much. It's certainly not a bad game, but it's certainly not a great game. The story and the general themes seem quite racist, with every non-white character (apart from Tony Todd) betraying the pure, hard working white characters seems racist, as the idea of killing white people will make Treyarch run for their safety blanket. But the story seems like it has some deeper meanings, as it has room for exploring the theme of unmanned military and how it greatly effects war, but most of the time it just wants you to lose yourself in shooty action xenophoby-fun. The bog-standard shooting remains intact and the level design has been changed up from 'run down this corridor, kill the under-privileged' to 'go down these optional, slightly non-linear paths and kill the under-privileged whilst also being able to optionally man turrets and drones'. The choices have been fleshed out pretty well too, even though they are made fully explicit. I like how you can choose to shoot Tony Todd in the head or shoot him in the leg, but if you wait long enough the black guy will just knock him out for you. That's pretty neat. I like how the choices effect your future game, and it a great new take on a series established as being a linear conveyor-belt of linear linearity. The strike force missions are definitely the best part about the game and are heavily replayable, I just wish there were more of them. But I cannot praise competence as if it's excellence, as there have been more meaningful shooters that have come out this year that are generally more risky. Black Ops 2 is by all means safe, it doesn't try to challenge the player mentally, but is above average which is surprising because all other COD campaigns have been bog-standard at best. Overall, it's a refreshing game, and if you're a fan of multi-player shooters or zombie games, this is a must play. It's pretty much 3 passable games in one, and for $60, what more could you ask for? Expand
  96. Jan 27, 2013
    Yup. 8/10 on this one. I would like to start this review by saying to all of you who rated this game horribly: errrrm, what? It's the exact same as the past four bloody Call Of Duty games. The thing that makes Blops 2 stand out is that it's developed by Treyarch. Treyarch always seems to find a way to fit in that extra oomph that Call Of Duty needs, making a more interesting and varied experience each year. Now let's look at Infinity Ward... they, of course, made the Modern Warfare series (I vomited in my mouth a little when I said that...) which displays zero innovation every year it is released, and at the same time finds a way to make you hate every character that's in the series in their own special way. But enough rambling about Modern Warfare. Let's get to Black Ops 2.

I'd like to start with the single player campaign for this review. The single player of Call Of Duty has always been a conflicting area for me. It's usually not good, which gets you a wee bit mad whenever you look at that missing spot where your 60 bucks used to be. At the same time, most people don't buy Call Of Duty games for the campaign, and the devs don't expect you to do so. Multiplayer has always been the focus of CoD. While this game aims to fix some of the problems, which it does so in a reasonable fashion, it also attempts to add an arse load of new unique content. This is an effort that has not been put into CoD for a long time, since Call Of Duty 3 I'd say. This game adds true innovation that hasn't been seen in Call Of Duty for a long time. Another "innovation" of this game is that it has an OK story! Whilst hunting for Menendez, you truly feel like there is a reason to hunt him down. The characters are basic and static, but they're likable enough to want to know what happens next on their path. But enough with the story, yo wants to knows about dem's dying! Yes... so due to Call Of Duty's thrown up and recycled version of ID Tech, the shooting is what you would expect from a Call Of Duty game: nice, easy shooting for a casual shooter fan. The shooting does feel a bit better in this game with the subtle addition of a hit marker in Single Player, which I love. The biggest change to Single Player would be the ability to change your loadout before each and every mission. This is also, in my opinion, the BEST change to CoD I've seen in recent years. If you develop a favorite weapon over the course of the campaign, don't worry! As long as you've made it far enough or completed the right challenge, you can use whatever weapon you please! There's not much more to say about the campaign. Like all CoD campaigns, but with some interesting changes and moments that make it worthwhile to finish. There is limited replay-ability if you want to get the best ending for the cap on the Black Ops series.

And now... for the Multiplayer. It's essentially Modern Warfare's multiplayer on steroids. Like most CoD games, it displays no innovation of any description. This version shows "deinnovation" (if it's not a word, it is now!) with the multiplayer. Treyarch decided to go back to Modern Warfare weapon level system, whereby you must level up certain weapons in order to get attachments and camo for said weapon. Look, I'm fine with this system, unlocking weapons in order makes logical sense, and camo is nothing but cosmetic. But attachments is where I draw the line. Let's make a scenario here. I'm a level 31, no prestige. I decide I want to switch my custom class's weapon from a PDW to an MP7. I got the idea from using an MP7 with EDTech in the campaign. I get the MP7, then realize I must be a weapon level 13. I proceed to launch myself from my 2-story window. The thing that peeves me most about this, is that the scopes you use do not have an effect on your skill level. It all comes down to personal preference. I can say, for a fact, that none of the scopes are overpowered in any way. It just comes down to what your favorite scope is. Mine personally is a PDW with no scope, fast mag and a suppressor. Again, that's my preference. I couldn't have that if I just started to use a new weapon. Grrr... they should have just stuck with the CoD points system...

I won't go into Zombies, it's exactly like the old zombies. I feel they removed some of the character from it by taking out distinguishable characters, but it's still an extremely fun game mode.

Overall, Black Ops 2 is a worthy successor to its previous title, if a bit less imaginative. Still, if you're a Call Of Duty fan, or even if you're not, you still will enjoy yourself with this game's refreshing casual and easy shooting style. Plus, there's not much you can do if you give this game a bad rating. Treyarch will be laughing all the way to the bloody bank with their biggest commercial release of 2012.
  97. Jan 25, 2013
    I don't see why this game is getting low user reviews. The new COD is better than it's predecessor, Modern Warfare 3. It has a good storyline, even greater multiplayer and on par with it is Zombies. The low reviews are just haters. This game is an overall great game. Definitely buy it if your into multiplayer.
  98. Jan 22, 2013
    So,I definitely like this game.The campaign is awesome,multiplayer is really balanced,there's no SUPREME WEAPON(S).I'm not a rally big fan of zombies,but I think that's good too.I give this game a 9 because of the moments when i join games in multiplayer where a team is dominating and the other team is just...3-20...
  99. Jan 22, 2013
    Honestly I thought the idea of making Call of Duty in the future would be stupid, but I still gave it a chance. It was an amazing experience, the campaign was more than great, zombies new take was brilliant, and like always the multi-player section was phenomenal. Making your own ending to the main story line is big in video games now a days and that's what made Black Ops' campaign so fun. Tranzit the new zombie mode gets more exciting each time, with new weapons and multiple upgrades on guns it truly us revolutionary to zombies. Finally the multi-player is still amazing with new kill streaks and weapons it almost tops MW2's multi-player. All out it was just and amazing game and I can't wait for the first map pack to come out. I bought the season pass, it was worth it. Expand
  100. Jan 20, 2013
    COD. A series which has been around for a while. Gets alot of love and hate. I'm not a fan of COD so I wasn't exactly being so "I CAN'T WAIT!" I got hold of the game when I seen it for 40 bucks. Jumping into the campaign, I realized amazing graphics in the cutscenes. I also seen Treyarch attempting to make it fresh, with story decisions and stuff like that. The campaign is simple, shoot shoot, strategy strategy, shoot shoot decision decision, repeat. Zombies still remains at the top of the food chain (no pun intended) with new characters, a system with all maps in one game mode and a bank. Multiplayer is the same, with your diamond camos. This isn't bad, as I admit I spent alot of time on the multiplayer. If you like FPS games then buy this. If you dont, then play this somewhere else and see how it is. 7/10. Expand
  101. Nov 13, 2012
    It's time for warmed up re-served leftovers again, it's Call of Duty time! With the same 14 years old id Tech 3 engine, and the same old dozen times rehashed gameplay, the "newest" CoD barely released already feels older than my grandma. Avoid like the plague or they will continue pumping out this crap twice a year with the same ancient engine until the end of times. Support devs with your money that actually try to make new and interesting games instead of just re-warming the same old crap that lost all taste ages ago. Collapse

1. Jan 12, 2013
    One of the most complete, albeit shaky, packages the series has ever seen. [Issue#226, p.68]
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    While the campaign length is fairly standard of past iterations of the series, it's worth multiple playthroughs and the multiplayer offers endless hours of fun and enjoyment; whether it's slaying zombies or facing off against other players in a wide range of multiplayer modes with an endless number of loadout combinations.
  3. Dec 23, 2012
    Worth checking out for online and the sci-fi novelty value alone. [Jan 2013, p.95]