6.1

1. Nov 10, 2010
    Hello there, I felt compelled to write my first review of a computer game after playing Black Ops, for reasons that will become clear. To set the scene I'm 29 and have been playing computer games since I was about 8, i love FPSes and all sorts of other genres but particular favourites are CoD, MOH, and the Battlefield series which I play on the Ps3 and PC. I was looking forward to Black Ops for a variety of reasons but mainly because I wondered how MW2 could be improved upon and I thought MW2 was pretty darn good. I held off buying MOH as I thought i'd go for the old favourite having played CoD on both systems since its' inception. I felt it right to try and wrtie an evenhanded review of this game in order to assist anyone wondering if they should fork out their hard earned cash for it. I forced myself to play to Level 19 so I could experience Hardcore mode (which was annoying to say the least to have to 'earn' that) and I played the single player campaign on veteran. I have played the game for 21 hours.

Single Player: The graphics are atrocious. They remind me of some of the worst elements of the graphics on MW or perhaps earlier. There are various parts of the compaign that ...simply put....dont work. For instance in the cuban villa, a guard wrestles a 'baddie' over a railing. Hang on, go back, if i run in a little earlier they magically appear in front of me. In addition, I stab a guard hitting a man on the ground in the jailbreak, the man on the ground continues to flail around and then disappears. such obvious but joy-undermining flaws are abundant. Let it not be said the campaign story is not immersive if a little trite. What it fails to do is harness the basics, it does not feel like you are in a fight, it does not feel like you are firing real bullets and it does not feel like the enemy are clued up. In addition, whomever had the idea of your two buddies being bullet proof through a shower of bullets needs to check the definiton of 'realism'. How could this be fixed? I am not sure, but I would suggest that not having key characters indestructible would be a good start. Now I have to say, to be fair the guys at treyarch did get one important thing right: if you stand on a grenade your leg gets blown off. CORRECT. This type of realism is a blessing and something that should be echoed hereafter. Not since F.E.A.R have I felt that a programmer has attempted to harness 'gore' in such a way. That is something that all other FPSes so far fail to acknowledge or accomodate. However, if this is at the expense of the graphics, textures etc then perhaps it is too early, as in CoD:BO (sorry). Multiplayer: I guess that if i was 15 and loved to run around with an SMG spraying the crap out of people, or drive a tiny car that exploded this would be the game for me. Perhaps somewhere along the line I grew up (although my gf would beg to differ), or maybe CoD and in particular Treyarch didn't. What we have here is a lot of guff that will amaze the teenager in you, but for the old hands, will probably wear off in the first 6 hours of gameplay. This is of course, not an in-depth review (although some of the 'in-depth' reviews I have read should be more appropriately titled "What I Loved About CoD: BO, being as they appear to ride roughshod over the very obvious and 'epic' failings of the MP structure)., so I can only say the following. 1. The maps are tiny 2. The graphics are even worse (compare to BFBC2 for example) 3.The upgrade system is interesting but ultimately gloss 4.The modes are no different in essence to Mw or Mw2. There is nothing of substance here that could genuinely be called 'groundbreaking' or indeed 'new'. Add to those complaints the connectivity delays, the sudden closure of a server and reboot within another, the appalling sound, and the general lack of detail and what you have is a glossed up version of MW2 without any of the glorious detail or depth.Some other things that annoyed me:This cost me £39.00. not a fortune but relatively a lot of money, and what I feel like I purchased was MW2, that had been actually stripped down of its essential detail, to be replaced with gloss but no substance. It feels like a remake for a lower budget and it feels like a rip-off. The term 'expansion' springs to mind. I accept that the audience to which this game is sold is far more likely to be about 15 years of age and into the run-and-gun modes. I also accept that is where the money is, and that this game has its positives, but they appear to be so limited in imagination that I feel like I have stepped into 'Arcade CoD' and after 21 hours played I want to get right back out again. I had the night booked into my Ps3 to play online with some mates and at 20:30 I turned it off and came on here. That is how annoyingly bad, unimaginitive, and, it pains me to say. un-CoD like this game is. In summary? Save your money and avoid gushing reviews.
  2. Nov 9, 2010
    Personally I think it is 100% over-hyped, and an average game at best. Modern Warfare 2 is more fluid and vibrant and more fun to play. Black Ops feels clunky and unresponsive, with dated saturated graphics and glitchy textures. The stereoscopic 3D is very poor as well compared to games like Wipeout HD and Moterstorm which look amazing in 3D. Poor.
  3. Nov 10, 2010
    I was looking forward to this game after reading about all the new features it promised online. As I am at Uni, I play a lot of split screen mw2 with friends so when I read 'bots in splitscreen' I thought great now we can play team matches rather than all v all. When I got the game, I find that the graphics are worse, the gameplay is slow and boring, the splitscreen offline is limited to no bots with only player 1 being able to create a profile with classes, you START with all the guns unlocked (wtf?) which removes any incentive to play, and only player 1 can even use killstreaks whilst on splitscreen. Furthermore, to fully utilise the splitscreen mode (bots, profiles, unlocks etc.), you need to be logged in to the PS Network, which makes no sense at all seeing as the game you start then, is hosted on your own PS3 not online. I mention being at Uni because I cannot connect to the internet on the PS3, hence playing splitscreen, hence massive annoyance at the 'Online local splitscreen' seriously what a joke. Even the splitting of the screen is done badly as with 3 people the 3rd player's screen doesn't fill the whole bottom half. Why not? Its not like i'm playing profesionally with 2 other professionals for money or something. use the whole damn screen.

The online multiplayer mode is the home of the only new content in the game, and it is good, wager mode is fun and gives new urgency to games. However, all of the equipment, perks and costumes, are dull. None of the guns are as pleasing as the ones in mw2, the snipers look like peashooters and make a similar noise, the M16 looks like a toy and the general sounds of battle are essentially the same bang noise over and over again. None of the perks are appealing, in mw2, you wanted all the perks at once and sometimes took a while to choose which one was best, in Black Ops, 80% are dull and useless and you end up making every class with the same perks and equipment. The costume idea is new, but stupid, as you have to change it every map to blend in. Granted zombie mode is back, this is fun as most people know from WaW. But honestly, 1 map...the same thing over and over again until they make me pay more money for a new one. It's not worth it, and if I wanted zombie mode to be the best part of the game I would just go and play Left 4 Dead...

Ok so the final mode is the Campaign. After having a long few hours trying to make the best of the crap splitscreen and multiplayer games, I decided to start this up figuring it might redeem the game. I get 30 minutes into the first mission, the guy 'Woods' who i'm supposed to 'support' freezes and cant move just moving his pixelly mouth up and down making no sound. Essentially, a bug. I think ok, should be fine if i revert to the previous checkpoint like i'm sure you can do from the menu. Oh wait...you cant. Looks like a restart of the whole mission. F**k that *turns PS3 off*.

Overall the gameplay is slower, worse looking, more boring, more repetitive and less fun than all the other Call of Dutys. Regardless of the fact that 99.9% of the content is made up of the previous 3 put together. I am very disappointed with this game and would not recommend it to fans of mw2 or WaW because it isn't as good. Oh yeah and also, they got rid of quickscoping (something fun).....and replaced it with something much more annoying.....the Crossbow. Enjoy, noob tube fans.
  4. Nov 9, 2010
    well after a single session this game looks and feels like a reskinned world at war, which to me was awful.

the game feels slow, unpolished and sounds terrible. grenades appear to be ineffective and the smoke looks awful. I hate to hate, but I would say save ur money or try a friends copy b4 investing as this game just doesn't seem to work.
  5. Nov 9, 2010
    HORRIBLE graphics. Clunky gameplay. Poor sound. It's a MAJOR step back for COD. I'm very, very disappointed. I definitely wouldn't recommend this game...
  6. Nov 9, 2010
    Overall, this is a step down from Modern Warfare 2. I think a lot of people are too caught up in the hype to take an objective view. I'm not claiming I'm the objective one, but this game is unworthy of all the 10 out of 10 scores fanboys are so eager to slap on it. On the positive side, Theater Mode seems like a cool idea. I'd love to have a record of any epic moments. Unlocking many items, upgrades, and perks through purchases is a plus for me as well. The weak graphics are an embarrassment to the makers. I think the game would look pretty much the same in standard definition. Back in 2004, these graphics might have been neat-o, but in 2010 they're a bit hokey. The sound is also disappointing. Most everything that explodes, as an example, has a sort of generic "pop." With regard to gameplay, I agree with another reviewer who said Black Ops feels clunky and unresponsive, lacking the smoothness and fluidity I now realize I took for granted in Modern Warfare 2. As a matter of fact, Black Ops' biggest impact on me has been to help me realize just how great MW2 is. A few minutes ago--and without remorse--I decided to sell my copy of Black Ops to a friend. There are too many good PS3 games out there for me to force myself to love a mediocre one. Expand
  7. Nov 11, 2010
    Activision must slob a good knob to get such good critical reviews. Critics are raving about this game wherever you turn, but the real story is that the game is quite lacking and hopefully it's garbage enough that Activision has finally slaughtered the golden goose they've been milking for the past 3 years.

Graphics, sound design, and AI characteristics are on par with Call of Duty 2
    from 2005. While no FPS to date seems to strive for super realistic AI; MOH and BFBC2 at least have better graphics and sound design. At what point does intensity just become annoying... with an explosion every two seconds and being knocked down with fuzzy vision 3 times a level and more bullets flying than were fired in all of WW2... I'd say it's a bit too much, but hey more is better for some people.

M3chaGr4n nails it and writes a better review than I do, so read his below. Let me just say that you're probably better off buying Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011.

8. Nov 10, 2010
    BLACK OOPS! This game is appalling, do not buy. I have now wasted £40 on something that could have been fished out of the toilet. Bad Graphics, 'Laggy' online play and bad spawn points all contributed to the most overhyped and biggest dissapointment of the century. This game only recieved a 2 because the mildly entertaining campaign amused me for a while. However you buy COD for online, which is this game's achillies heel. Expand
  9. Nov 11, 2010
    This game is the biggest piece of garbage, ever since Activision made the mistake by letting Treyarch develop call of duty games. They really hit an all time low by re-skining the same game. Your bascially buying call of duty 4 for $60. Its like buying halo reach which is the same game!. The game engine is just an enhanced IW4.0 engine. Nothing new. The biased critics gave the review to high of a score. They were bribed or just plain old sucking some ****. I was a call of duty fan since the first game came out made by infinity ward. But since they fired the original creators and half of the employee's left infinity ward. Call of duty is garbage now. You guys can keep buying garbage games made by Treyarch. I'll stick to superior FPS games like battlefield bad company 2 and medal of honor. It really is sad. I USED to be a call of duty fan. Expand
  10. Nov 10, 2010
    I don't understand all you people giving this game a 10. I love MW2 and the Call of Duty series but please Black Ops is garbage. I mean the campaign is fine but the online multiplayer is horrible. 1. Graphics seem like PS2. 2. Sound FX are awful. 3. The game engine Treyarch uses sucks. 4. It's produced by Treyarch. 5. Gameplay seems speed up 1x and is clunky. 6. When you melee someone the knife doesn't have the same effect like it's going into the guy as in MW2. Bottom line wait for another Call of Duty produced by Infinity Ward. Also the two top guys from Infinity Ward and (co-founder) of Call of Duty set up their own studio, Respawn Entertainment. So keep a look out for them! Expand
  11. Nov 9, 2010
    Frankly this game is disappointing. The multiplayer game mechanic is solid, obviously but that's not enough to raise this latest effort from the pit of mediocrity it languishes in. And let's face it.. the graphics are atrocious. This game was supposed to be a cut above mwf2, not a huge step down. It's not as fluid an experience either, instead of the polished, clicking mwf2 fun machine that was expected, this game for all it's good points just goes.... clunk. Expand
  12. Nov 10, 2010
    Mediocre!...
    First of all, I got This game just to play it with my friends. I never liked COD series and Getting this game mad me see why I dislike so much this franchise.
    -Graphics: I'm not so impressed by the graphics of this game, any other big FPS game has better graphics. If you want to see good graphics just wait for Killzone 3. MAG and BO have about the same graphics.
    -Physics: The
    physics are terrible, the characters move like a fast forwarding-movie, the hit-detection is bad, the accuracy fails, it's rubbish.
    -Gameplay: The game has the same game modes as always, very fast action, not enjoyable. You die every 15 seconds, no team play, You don't get the feeling of being playing against real people. Very laggy. I keep getting disconnected every single game. Takes to much time to start a game with friends/join them.
    Sounds: The sounds aren't improved from the last game and they are really poor. The gun sounds are very bad. I don't feel a feeling of being in a war.
    Visual Effects: The lightning effects are really good for this game I love the night time shadows and lights effects.
    The multiplayer maps are very small.
    The single player campaign is very simple and brief.
    You can have I little fun with this game but it won't last.
    There are better options for FPS for the PS3 including MAG, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Killzone 2 and Medal of Honor.

Don't waste your money, Save it for Killzone 3 or Gran Turismo 5.
  13. Nov 11, 2010
    From all the thing it lacked luster being it didn't even live up to the COD franchise benchmark . I would like to add this important news flash when you make a game stereoscopic 3D you need to @ least have 1 3D affect in the game cause it just looked like a bad attempted @ 3D . Infinityward please stop publishing COD games . Have your Developers make a new IP FPS . Killzone 3 alpha code Beta looks sounds & runs better then Black Ops could ever wish too & in 3D too Expand
  14. Nov 10, 2010
    Frame rate sucks , graphics far inferior than MW2 that came out a year ago, MP lacks excitement and oooomph, don't even get started on the sound effects, they're horrible , explosions go off with just a generic pop, you barely hear people shooting from 10 feet from you , on a big map you you never get to hear anything unless you're shooting, chopper gunner can be right on top of you killing you and you don't hear anything!!! I would not **** as much if the game was at least fluid , but it controls clunky and just like WAW!! They just used the same mechanics with new guns that's all! And since they used the same graphics engine from more than 2 years ago and they tried to add more detail they ended up making everything blurry it looks almost like you're playing in standard definition TV and also as a result causing the game's frame rate to constantly drop giving you a headache if you play too long. This is coming from a guy that has played previous installments to death and was very much looking forward to this one. I'm so angry and disappointed . I mean Activision should have the funds to make a graphics engine from the ground up and could have made the game run and look at least as smooth as MW2. Now we're stuck with a mediocre COD game until who knows!!!!! Expand
  15. Nov 11, 2010
    Call of Duty has truly become the Apple product of fps...

Overhyped.
    Waste of money.
    2005 Graphics.
    PC/Framerate/CPU/GPU issues everywhere even for people with state-of-the-art rigs.
    Multiplayer issues.
    RC Car.
    Poor Storyline/Campaign.

Prepare yourselves, begun has the death of video gaming.
  16. Nov 11, 2010
    What the hell happened to this game! It used to be greatness on a disc now it's just mediocre, If it didn't have COD in the title you would think it was a different game. This game is **** from a greedy company and ****ty developer. Black Ops was such a disappointment and I can't believe I was taken in by all the hype from reviews! That just goes to show you that you can't trust reviewers they are journalists, not gamers so they wouldn't know what a good game is. I could not believe how ****ty this game looked, there was a gun I was using that looked like it was from Golden Eye N64! That's how bad the textures are, idk if it was the same on the xbox 360 but it was awful on the PS3. Every texture in this game was awful from the guns to the maps and also I noticed that the sound effects were cheesy too, the guns sounded like bb guns and explosions sounded like balloons popping. And the MP maps, wow don't get me started on the MP maps, they were downright terrible I never seen such bad level design I always felt like I was traversing a maze, sometimes I wouldn't even see more than 8 people during a game because of how big and mazy the maps are. Yes there is serous lag, cliping and frame issues. I will never pick up another Treyarch game again I was let down by WAW and now Black Ops. Treyarch is definitely Activisions B team for Call of Duty.â Expand
  17. Nov 11, 2010
    Being a older gamer i have come to the conclusion. That i have become more critical of all games. Which brings me to Black ops. Its the same old same old. I feel i am giving activision money to be lazy and not to push the bar higher. When i play games i want ground breaking, i want unique. This has neither of that. It has new perks but really all the same just new names, it has new maps, could have just put this on a map pack for MW2, This has custom guns big deal. I guess if you need a change from The quick scoping and hackers then buy black ops. its still fun and it does have new maps. That is all that has changed. I expect more from a game maker like activision. Positives: New game, new rank up system ( sort of), customize guns. cons: Plays like all the rest. To sum it up buy it, play it, and i guess enjoy it. For what its worth. I for one will be counting the days until the next big Fps. Expand
  18. Mar 1, 2011
    Black Ops summed up. -AK47 looks like a motherf**kin duracell battery, no joke. -rolling thunder lags more than a virgin in bed
    -I swear I bought this game on N64 before, yep, I remember, it was on NES! -Yeah um RC cars...yeah.NO. -dolphin diving. WHO'S F**KIN IDEA WAS THAT?!
    -COD pts, if I gave a sh!t about shopping I would play hannah montana the game and chop my d**k off. -Guns noises
    sound like some cheap magician's prop you'd buy at a Mexican's drug dealer's shop. -Oh yay no more nuke boosting! TOO BAD THIS GAME IS BORING AS F**K! -Nuketown = what came out of treyarch's as*hole after smoking 2 tons of crack -Servers - I don't know BECAUSE I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET INTO ONE GAME WITHOUT SEEING THIS F**KIN SIGN "UH OH! Lost of connection! Sorry for the inconvenience we're just to busy being jews to give a **** -Map names: JUNGLE, Oh this maps has bushes and sh!t so we're just gonna name it jungle, DERP
    - Single player - no, just...no. victor resnov was a figment of his imagination?! OH I DIDN'T SEE THAT except WHEN I TOTALLY F**KIN SAW IT. Zombies - Luigi's mansion anyone?
    Sniping - yeah, i decided that swearing would be too much to handle so will leave it at that. DLC - rofl. Wait you're serious? Summed up: I don't know what to say, if you want to give your money so the penny licking jews at treyarch can wipe their ass with it then go ahead. As for me, I'm gonna get drunk so I can forget this huge steaming pile of whale's vagina ever existed.
  19. Jan 4, 2011
    This game could've been a great game, but it isn't. Animations are stiff and boring and makes pretty much all of the gameplay feel unrealistic. In game scripting is horrible and could've used quite a few tweaks. (Pre scripted paths that doesn't change regardless of how many VC soldiers you kill, enemies that despawn once you enter triggers, inadequately placed save points etc.) More coding support could've been used too. (Seriously - check the suger canes in the sugar cane field on Cuba and notice how they don't move in the wind with their roots being connected to the ground, they all have a swiveling point about a meter up from the ground which makes it look like the roots are moving back and forth in the ground. This and the fact that they all pretty much move at the same time makes this part of the game feel like it's tilting to your right, it's hilarious.)
    Sound is utter crap, how can you make a game and pretty much have the same random set of sounds regardless of whether you're hitting a concrete wall or a metal pipe with your knife? Gun sounds are weak and bland, pretty much like in CoD3. They simply don't feel like guns. Indoor reverb is horrible and does not change when you move from a small corridor to a large warehouse, it all sounds like a huge tin can. What made it completely horrendous to me was the attempt at plot/story. Why? I'd rather run around and just shoot at stuff rather than replay this game with a story, considering the quality of the script and the acting.
  20. Nov 10, 2010
    Very disappointing game. Feels like a rubbish map expansion pack of Mw2 with added in crap. Single player is very average and the multiplayer is riddled with issues.
  21. Nov 10, 2010
    Singleplayer is horrible as it is still plagued by horrible ai, but this time the problem lies with programmers as well. There isn't even close to enough triggers on the maps to make the teammates to appear even semi real. Finding the trigger point after flanking enemies can be pain. On top of that the respawning enemies still exist and teammates are still firing blanks at a guy standing 3 feet from you completely visible.

Multiplayer is faster due to making snipers unusable which is good in a arcade shooter like this and the game modes can be conceived as fun. I don't think its enough to merit buying the game if you own mw1, mc2 or even mw2.
  22. Nov 12, 2010
    Feels like a toygame after MW2. Sounds lack depth, multiplayer has lag issues, it looks uglier than it's predecessor. Nazi zombies are still a lot of fun, too bad the multiplayer isn't as good as MW2's mp.
  23. Nov 14, 2010
    Graphics: Very Decent in my opinion. On par with MW2, textures and "build" of the spaces in the game were detailed and thought through. Sound: In a word; HORRIBLE. It seems to me that 3Arc decided to cut the budget in the sound department, and only record 2 sounds for every shotgun, grenade, assault rifle, claymore etc. Everything sounds the same. Game play:
    Not great, not bad. In
    comparison to Modern Warfare 2 (which I thought was brilliant) they screwed up a few key elements. For one, when running then attempting to slouch into a prone position, instead, now you do a Superman jump and baseball slide an extra couple of body lengths from where you expected to be prone. Also, they changed the function of the d-pad to control more of the introduced elements, in a very annoying way. I team killed a few people when erroneously throwing semtex near them, instead of placing a claymore. Which brings me to...
    Features:
    While having a lot more to offer than previous titles in the way of customization, many of those features are useless in multiplayer. Worse, there is a lot of ambiguity amongst all the assault rifles and sub machine guns. Unless it's one of the 3-round burst weapons, or single shot, the differences between the automatic weapons are a split hair from one another. Sniper rifles are next to useless in multiplayer. Partially because none of them offer much advantage over their single-fire assault rifle counterparts. Partially because recoil and idle sway ruin any attempt for a refire or second hit. And partially because staying hidden and remote enough to make a scoped, slow weapon useful is impossible. Shotguns are too limited in range, and don't offer enough punch to make them effective in anything but urban maps in hardcore mode. For all of these faults, there should be some gaming worth playing in COD:BO multiplayer, but unfortunately it plays really, really badly. As evidenced in many a kill-cam, persons killed without being hit, knife thrusts that strike at shadows of enemies somehow getting the win. Of course this is all a product of lag, and poor connections, but its so pervasive in Black Ops that it infuriates and frustrates to no end. To this end, the game would have scored a full 3 or 4 points higher for me if more attention had been payed to making multiplayer sharp. At the end of the day, once you've beaten the campaign, and you want to play the other $50 of your $60 game, multiplayer is only worth about $6.50.
  24. Nov 15, 2010
    From a multiplayer perspective, I cannot understand people such a weak game. Yes, the ability to buy weapons and perks was a great idea and allowed for customisation. Additionally, the ability to vote on a map to play was very cool. HOWEVER... 1) The graphics were a total step back from Modern Warfare 2. 2) The audio was very weak. Explosions almost sounded apologetic. 3) The gameplay was slow.
    4) The framerate dropped on almost every game I played, despite selecting to play against local people.
    5) Not being able to drop your secondary weapon to pick up another primary weapon makes no sense.

Treyarch should be ashamed to have created such rubbish. Never again will I buy one of their games. Thank god that EB refunds for games you don't like.
  25. Nov 13, 2010
    Played this game at a buddy's house, and watched him play online. Was not impressed, to say the least. Stupid A.I., bland level design, horrid graphics, idiotic storyline, cheap looking and sounding guns, heavily scripted combat, and lackluster, laggy online multiplayer. Nowhere near as good at MW2 (and that's means quite a bit, seeing how the MP in MW2 was unbalanced crap). Stay away.
  26. Nov 12, 2010
    What was Treyarch thinking... I now understand why they had a closed beta!

One of the worst COD games I have played in the last 4 years. Biggest mistake made was losing Infinity Ward! Only reason I gave a score of 2, is the campaign mode. Do not buy unless you have lots money to waste and don't mind getting an inferior product.
  27. Nov 12, 2010
    ** -- >>> I wanted to clarify to people that take issue with others saying that the reviews are bribed / paid off, that the claims of bribed scores are CORRECT, and it isn't just ActiVision who do this.
    Review sites make revenue by having people visit their site, and if other sites are putting up the first reviews of the latest hot game, people will go to them instead. Game publishers buy
    off high review scores by telling sites that they will receive an advanced copy of their game for review ahead of the retail release date ONLY IF the game receives a score of >80, or >90. They won't make this condition to all review sites, but they will to the popular ones, whose reviews will affect opinions the most.

The incentives given for high scores also go beyond that. If a review site gives a score the publisher doesn't like, they won't receive an advance copy for future titles, putting that review site at a disadvantage to other sites that can review the game ahead of them - and when a site is blacklisted by a large publisher like ActiVision, that can mean a LOT of titles that will be missed. Call of Duty is ActiVision's biggest title, you can be damn that sure they've put more score manipulating muscle into this release than any other release has seen before it. This score manipulation regularly taints big-name games, and you should know to not trust review sites all that much, because their noses are often firmly up the arses of the companies whose games they depend on being able to review early to generate their site traffic for revenue. User feedback has become far more valuable that site reviews. However, a lot of simple users out there who don't have much game experience will assume that the game they're playing that got fifteen 100/100 scores is truly the best, and those don't-know-better easily manipulable people are the ones the score-doctoring tactics aim to influence.

Metacritic, itself, has been lobbied by publishers to remove various negative scores from its site, to make games look like they were received better than they were. As far as I know, Metacritic has rebuffed all such lobbying.

Now my review:
    I've played only the sp so far, and it's typical CoD boredom, for me. I hardly feel like I'm playing, and what I'm watching isn't very exciting, either. The graphics are bad, but hey, it's designed for ancient console hardware, and not contemporary PC hardware, so it's not very surprising. Frankly, I loathe the cheesy cliche Vietnam characters and lines, which now (if not already ages ago) seem like a bad parody of a bad parody. I have some un-ignorable performance issues, the same ones which many others are also experiencing, detailed on various forums (Steam forums, ActiVision forums, & others), despite having a robust PC. This game will satisfy the kiddies, who are wowed more by the constant scripted business of this rail-shooter than by involved and in-depth gameplay.
  28. Nov 12, 2010
    I got this game the day it came out and have been playing it since then so far from my experience i have decided that this game is ultimately a step back and a step forward. While this game is easily better than world at war and is a step forward for Treyarch, it is a complete step backward from games from infinity ward and the Call of Duty franchise as a whole.
  29. Nov 12, 2010
    Black Ops is an insult to FPS gamers. My rating of 0 is based only on the MP as that is the only reason I buy COD. The design and concept of the game is the best I've seen but the lag makes the game completely unplayable at a competitive level. This is not the first time Treyarch has pulled this crap at release and I don't care if its later patched they knew how many players would be on the servers day one and the were completely unprepared its amazing that this is legal $60 for a broken product times 6000000. Expand
  30. Nov 16, 2010
    I fell for the hype and pre-ordered the hardened edition of Black Ops. I wanted the extra zombie maps, and based on how good MW2 was, I didn't think I could go wrong. After about a week of playing Black Ops I am very dissapointed. The poor graphics were the first thing I noticed. A sequel should at least maintain the same level of quality in graphics, if not improve upon them. The sound quality also seems below par compared to MW2. These aren't even my biggest complaints. I could overlook the sound and graphics if the gameplay was improved. In my opinion the maps are not designed as well as those in MW2. MW2 maps have more variety and combine close quarters fighting, sniping, etc... into the same maps. Because of the map design I can't find a reason to use the sniper rifles on any of the Black Ops maps. The spawn system is much worse than in MW2, especially in team deathmatch. I thought the spawn system was one of the major issues they were supposed to address in this game. Also, apparently they haven't stopped boosters and other cheaters. Within a few hours of release I was playing against people who were level 48 or 50. Really????WTF??? And as far as noob tubers and campers, I have been noob tubed more in one week of playing than I have been in my last several months of playing MW2. Also, camping is still a big problem. I think that in order to get their 9 or 11 kill streaks people are camping more than ever. The kill streaks are seriously overpowered. The chopper gunner and gunship lay waste to the other team on these small maps. I do not understand why they put the "dolphin dive" or "dive to prone" or whatever they want to call it in the game. All that move is good for is getting killed. All they have succeded in doing is messing up the smooth gameplay of MW2. The feel of the guns is not as good as MW2. The guns all feel similar. Each gun in MW2 had its own personality. They have also ruined the sniper rifles. Now when you scope in the crosshairs are off target and you have to correct. This was done to stop quickscopers. I don't quickscope, but this ruins it for me too. You are at way too much of a disadvantage using a sniper rifle. There seems to be many redundant or useless attachments for the guns. The ACOG sight would be an example of this. The ACOG sight has no magnification and there is an annoying reflection and fisheye effect when you look through the lens that obscures your view. You are better off with iron sights. In general the attachments in MW2 were better and actually did something for the gun. The gun customization also seems to be a joke. You can clownify your gun with wacky colors/camo and emblems. You can also clownify your character with facepaint. Now those are some great innovations that have improved the game! I am a fan of first-person shooters and the Call of Duty franchise in general, but this game is not better than MW2 or any of the other preceding Call of Duty games. I am shocked at the lack of honest reviews. I guess there are a lot of fanboys out there and it is not in the interest of the gaming media to not promote this game. I hope people continue to play MW2, because thats were I'll be until something better comes out. Expand
  31. Nov 15, 2010
    What a disappointment!
    I expected this game with great anticipation as the marketing machine has been very well orchestrated. I even preordered the game, I regret it now.
    I play in full HD on a video projector and I have the unpleasant feeling to play in 570p. The textures are very poor, the soldiers are not detailed, everything is pixellised. The movements are not fluid. this is
    unacceptable in 2010.
    I do not understand how this "detail" could have escaped all reviews ...
    Although some interesting innovations come with Black Ops, everything is ruined by the graphics.
    I am going to sell Black Ops and instead plans to buy MW2 map packs
  32. Nov 14, 2010
    My bad I ment to put 6 so I'll balance it out. It was my first review and now I shall fill up space until I have written my second. Which is noooooow
  33. Nov 16, 2010
    Horrible! They've taken all of the little options and niceties of MW2 and gotten rid of them completely. Campaign is still fun, but multiplayer is a F#%^$ING joke! Local split screen may as well not even exist. No individual profiles, no game options, no radar/headshots. And Online multiplayer is also crap, I like the option for split screen online play, but there is no way to mute all the a$$holes online. And when playing split screen you cannot use weapons bought by the other player despite both of you sharing COD points. Its as if there was ZERO product testing for this piece of crap. This could have been a great game if it hadn't been designed by RETARDS!!! Seriously, never EVER let Treyarch design another COD game. They will single handedly ruin the franchise! Expand
  34. Nov 17, 2010
    Hmmmm...I'm thinking that I would have much preferred to pay for an add-on(s) for weapons and more maps than to have wasted $60 on that garbage. Nothing at all spectacular about it. Treyarch missed BIG TIME on this one.
  35. Nov 21, 2010
    Dissapointing to say the least, this game does not feel any different from MW2, I actually still enjoy MW2 much better. The zombies are lacking and do not stand up to the fun of the W@W zombies. Have not played campaing but i expect it to be pretty good as most COD campaigns are. DO NOT GET THIS GAME, rent it first it is not worth 60$..
  36. Nov 17, 2010
    Black ops is a HUGE step back for the series. I was very excited to play this, but when it arrived and I had tested it out I immediately could tell this was a downgrade. The graphics are sub par. SUB PAR!!?! For a HUGE budget game? Simply unacceptable. Not to mention the broken multiplayer. Shotguns take at least 2 hits no matter how close. Thats simply stupid. Does not live up to hype
  37. Nov 19, 2010
    I got this game the day it came out and have been playing it since then so far from my experience I have decided that this game is ultimately a step down! Everyone raving about the hype on this game wherever you turn, but the real story is that the game is quite lacking and hopefully its garbage enough. Graphics, sound design, and AI characteristics are not so good! At least have better graphics and sound design. At what point does intensity just become annoying... with an explosion every two seconds and being knocked down with fuzzy vision 3 times a level and more bullets flying than were fired in all of WW2... I'd say it's a bit too much, but hey more is better for some people. So you probably better of buying another war game. The multiplayer game mechanic is solid, obviously but that's not enough to raise this latest effort. Feels like a rubbish map expansion pack of Mw2 with added in crap. Single player is very average and the multiplayer is riddled with issues. Single player is horrible as it is still plagued by horrible air, but this time the problem lies with programmers as well. I donâ Expand
  38. Dec 8, 2010
    Way over rated people. Who is giving these 10's, 15 year olds?!

If you are over 21 years old, and have ANY experience playing FPS (Battlefields, Half life mods, etc..) then you will throw up in your mouth playing this piece of crap.

Save your money, play it at your friends house. It sucks!
  39. Nov 12, 2010
    Shocking effort, worst COD game ever. Im shocked that some people like this, its awful. What eyes are they looking through? What game are they playing? Is their TV better than mine? I have a HDTV Toshiba Regza and MW2 looks and plays spot on. This game makes me feel like i have entered a time warp and gone back to playing PS2. Im disgusted to be quite honest. I returned my copy saying my Mrs had already got me it and bought another game instead. I seriously think some of the 'official' reviewers have been bought off. Outrageously bad game. Expand
  40. Nov 14, 2010
    Honestly, M3chaGr4n hits it right on the head. I could not agree more. I have been playing online shooters for over ten years and this game would have been awesome.. about 8 years ago. If Black Ops had not had the CoD tag on it & all of Activisions money for the over-whelming ad campaign no one would really care about this game. In 5 years we are going to look at this as a sad joke. I pre-ordered in April and was looking forward to this game the whole time. I really thought they would fix the issues that plagued MW2; ( namely all the glitches & boosters,...etc) and give us something we have been waiting for. Instead I spent $60 to get a bargain bin reject. I bought the Hardened edition because I like the extras & the metal case. For my extra $20 bucks I got a metal case and a cheap piece of kids jewelry. Really Treyarch? I played through the campaign on veteran and took it for what it was worth; i.e.- it was okay. But, there was nothing memorable about it and was an uninspired shooter on rails with several downright bad moments. At least modern warfare had a decent campaign with some exciting moments. Black Ops consisted of; "Take this gun, shoot those guys." and ...cut scene. The AI was downright bad. I felt like I was beating on kittens. Slow, drunk kittens. But, I really bought it for the MP. Which is where I saw how big this game can truly fail. The guns all act about the same; range & accuracy rating seem to be just pretty space fillers. When I can snipe across half the screen w/ the lowest range weapon (scorpion) something is wrong. They pretty much ruined the sniper class in an effort to limit quick-scoping (which I've never been a fan of) and made the LMG's into a long-range power house. The only real difference in weapons is do you want semi, 3-rnd burst, or full auto; every thing else is pretty much the same gun with a different on-screen look. The spawn mechanic feels like it was developed during bring your kid to work day. The maps are overly cluttered with useless junk they put in, apparently just cause their intern figured out how to render it.The environments look like Black Hawk Down rebuilds. An the game-play is clunky at best. I spent two days playing MP; I did pretty well at it actually- good k/d ratio. before I just gave up and felt like I had wasted my money and was playing the same game I played like 6 years ago. Save your money, look elsewhere for your shooting fun. And hope Activision learns from this and takes the CoD franchise elsewhere. If they stay with Treyarch I am not going to waste my time and money. Seriously, the players have been pretty loyal to this franchise and we deserve a much better game. In short: uninspired, reworked rehashed same old same old that s main arrangement is that it isn't MW2. Expand
  41. Nov 15, 2010
    Black Ops is unfortunately a victory of hype over reality. The best thing about it is the zombie co-op game which can be a great laugh, but I honestly think this is game is a real let down. Considering the praise heaped upon it, I was massively disappointed. The graphics are rubbish in comparison with BFBC2 or even MW2. I might just be utterly rubbish, but the lack of resolution means it is actually harder to hit people. The multiplayer (why I bought it) is badly broken, I spend too much time trying to get into games with friends and failing. It quits mid-way through matches. Need I say more. I will be getting rid of it quickly, before others wake up to the gameâ Expand
  42. Nov 16, 2010
    Judging from what Killzone 3's beta had to offer and from what I have seen from Crysis 2, COD Black-ops is about to get a black eye but putting poor graphics and mediocre sound aside COD Black-ops fails in much more important areas of the game for instance the AI, especially the buddy AI, too often I found my self being pounded in the head by a rifle while the squad members at my side will keep firing away at some distant enemy it also happened a few times that my squad members would run past the enemy lines to get to the objective marker leaving me stranded to see off the enemy.Getting to the story I have to say its not the worst story ever told but by no means near the standard of what we have gotten use to,I could rant on and on about the disappointments of this game but I wont I just want to conclude with this, Is the critics completely open with us and they truly believe that this is a great game or is there something deeper going on here.Its your call. Expand
  43. Nov 17, 2010
    Call of Duty is a Great serious, but this version does not deliver a product we are used to. (although Treyarch never seems to impress with its version of the series anyway) However i felt this version would change they're streak, it failed to do that in my mind. The sound effects first off are so anti climatic and pathetic it made the game seem funny. The health system baffles me when I turn red sometimes to let me know I'm being shot but other times I just die within a half of second. The new weapons and maps and perks are all fine and nice but those should be present in the game. They just failed to go above and beyond with the multi player. It seemed like I was playing Modern Warfare 2 all over again, but with lesser quality graphics in my mind. The campaign was an overall improvement from World at war but still didn't match anything Infinity Ward has done. All in all the series is going to be on a decline with Infinity Ward and all the critics know and are just trying to save this beloved series for a little longer by giving it decent reviews. Infinity Ward is gone, Activision is still pushing out the game too often, and no company has been brought in to take over the vacant spot. Hopefully something is done soon to change this or the most popular shooting series of our generation won't be around for much longer.â Expand
  44. Nov 18, 2010
    I feel compelled to write a review that shows the game makers that we will not stand for sub-par games. CoD Black Ops multi player was the only reason I bought the game and what a disappointment. Lag spikes, disconnects and low frames per second maybe able to be fixed with server upgrades or patches, but it wont fix the poor physics, laughable graphics and terrible gameplay. Lets just talk about the ridiculous spawn points. The fact that I have been spawn into a fire already there is funny but still disappointing. Pushing through enemy lines with strategy and superior skills has been totally removed for a free for all style game play on almost every game-type. MW2 is the only game really worth comparing it to and MW2 stands far superior. Those that review this game as more fair or balanced as far as multi player goes are probably the ones with not enough skill to make it in MW2. Black ops maps are as bad as the rest of the game; small and boring. The larger of the maps are confined to gun fights in the same places because the spawning is so bad. The gloss of customization is just that. Its fun and cool, but does not add to the gameplay. Hit markers maybe just bad due to the horrible servers, but still are bad enough to make it nearly unplayable at times. The actual mechanics of shooting an opponent are clumsy, unresponsive and lack the polish of MW2. Most of my online friends have laughed at its gameplay, so even in my circle, its not just me. For all of you that gave it a 10, what game are you playing? I saw one review that called those that don't like it noobs. Ha! Any real gamer will tell you the same as I. This game is a joke. The only hope I have is that the remaining programmers at Infinity Ward save of from Treyarch's sub-par efforts. Expand
  45. Nov 22, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game doesn't even come close to MW2. Compared to this, MW2 was leaps and bounds ahead of it's time. For starters, the Single player is god awful. You never feel like you're in the action, and you never feel a connection with the characters. Except one, who it turns out isn't even really there. The games enemy A.I. is only surpassed in stupidity by the god awful friendly A.I. Enemies charge right at you, killing you this way about 35% of the time. Why? Because your team mates don't feel like shooting the enemy right in front of them. They're more concerned about an enemy 30 feet away taking cover! The only good thing about single-player was the end, when (for some reason or another) zombies attack. Hearing JFK say "Yep, Zombies." was the brightest part of the game and made me laugh uncontrollably to see Richard Nixon, John F. Kennedy, And Fidel Castro fighting zombies. All together zombies is the best part of the game. Multiplayer is not. When I heard that you can buy any gun at the start of the game a couple months ago, I was elated. No more bull crap when you prestige, you can buy your favorite gun from the start. I guess Activison didn't like that idea, because it doesn't exist. You still have to level up to get almost any gun in the game, and you have to BUY THEM as well. You want perks, they're yours my friend. But only if you have enough money. Perks don't even help you win games anymore. That's because most of perks are utterly useless. Seems they replaced cold-blooded (a very useful perk in MW2, in order to get away from enemy killstreaks) with Ghost. Ghost is an almost useless perk, it protects you from radar and nothing else. So, what stops enemy killstreaks from being unstoppable, nothing. If it's an open map and they have an Attack Helicopter or Chopper Gunner, you're pretty much dead. The maps are terrible as well. Awful spawns plague them to death as well as camping. Not to mention they're just plain mediocre. At least you don't have to unlock weapon attachments like in MW2 (the one thing this game did get right). Well... and gungame isn't that bad. This will be the last time I purchase a CoD game (unless somehow Infinity Ward come back). This was strike 3 for Treyarch (1 being CoD3 and 2 being WaW). Expand
  46. Nov 24, 2010
    This game is far away from perfect, the campaign is awesome (Even if some bugs are making it really frustrating). But were it all goes wrong? The multiplayer, it's full of bugs, campers, unbalanced stuff & the graphics are to cry. Bad job Treyarch. Singleplayer 8.5/10
    Multiplayer 5.5/10
    Zombies 9/10
  47. Nov 24, 2010
    Hi, why the people choose 5.7 to be the mark. This game is so good! The Single player, the multiplayer, zombies! The game is so amazing!! The Platinum trophy is other challenge. Good graphics, good story, Amazing Multiplayer. I like Wager Matches!!!!
  48. Nov 24, 2010
    I love COD. I loved COD4:MW, I loved W@W, and also MW2.
    The campaign for Black Ops is good. I don't know if I would say better than the previous 3, but at least compare to W@W, the game doesn't "cheat" by throwing infinite grenades as much.

HOWEVER, the reason people buy (and keep) COD is for its multiplayer, and this game's multiplayer is:
    1) Just "off"... Doesn't feel right... I
    can't quantify it, but having played for so many years, I can tell you when this games just doesn't "feel" right.

2) The sniping in this game sucks. It is simply broken. Not just for "quickscopers", but also for "normal-scoping" snipers. 3) The introduction of "COD Dollars" devalues everything in my opinion. Previously, seeing someone with a "Red Tiger" would mean that person was quite good with that weapon... In Black Ops? No problem.... Anyone can "buy" any camo for the money they earn in a single match.

4) The lag in the online is horrendous! Don't remember it being this bad in any other iteration.

In short, I'm afraid for the first time in this game's iteration history, I've stopped playing the "latest version" and have gone back to the prior version (MW2 in this case).

Such a shame.
  49. Nov 28, 2010
    Well it had to happen, you look forward to a game for months and when it arrives its a huge let down, i bought the game at midnight and have given it 12+ hours of game time over 3 days to give a fair opinion.

Treyarch really have messed up with this installment in the COD series, its truly awful.

Firstly the game looks rubbish, i cant believe how bad the graphics and animation are, im
    playing it on a 42" screen in HD and it looks terrible, its like playing a game on a PS2. When you compare the graphics and the game engine to MW2 its no where near as good, true, graphics should nt be the be all and end all but in 2010 you expect a certain standard, BO just looks awful.

The sound is my biggest problem, its so bad i find myself laughing when im playing, i play with 5.1 surround sound and it does nt work properly, im constantly thinking there is someone behind me but its my own footsteps which are coming out of the wrong speakers, then sometimes you have no footsteps fx at all, terrible. Then theres the guns, explosions, aircraft fx etc, what a joke, how can they have sat in the recording studio doing the sound fx and thought 'this sounds great'? Truly awful, some of the worst sound fx i have ever heard in a game, when you throw a grenade it sounds like you a throwing an empty tin of beans, laughable. The guns all sound the same and i have to turn up the volume 8 or 9 levels higher than MW2 just to get some oomph!

Most of the maps are rubbish, big sprawling boring rat traps, nothing interesting about them at all, and as for nuke town, whats the point?

I know its launch week, and obviously a lot of people are playing online but should nt they have anticipated this and had the servers to cope? The game is juddering around all over the place, i dont think ive played 1 game that didnt glitch, judder, motion blur or have some glitch, so dissapointing.

The point im trying to make is regarding the graphics & the sound, is that in a series (COD) or a sequel, surely the game must at least match what has gone before? and the goal should be to better the previous installment.

The graphics, animation & sound especially, are all a step backwards from MW2. Of course gameplay is the number 1 priority in any game, BUT the enjoyment of playing BO is hampered by a bad graphics engine, jerky animation and some truly awful sound fx.

I really wanted to like this game, every time ive gone to play it ive thought 'maybe this time i'll get it' but i come away disliking it even more, such a shame as there are some great ideas in there, wager matches and the theatre mode are great, but the game itself is a turkey.

Roll on MW3.
  50. Nov 30, 2010
    Ill start off with what I love. Zombies is the only thing that tryarch can get right. The new maps suck but playing the original maps with cold war weaponry is awsome. Saddly its not enogh to save this sad excuse for a call of duty. The multiplayer is HORRIBLE weapons are unbalanced, snipers are useless, zillstreaks are way to powerful. Its a real damn shame that this game had to be as bad as it is and as a hardcore cod fan i feel like i was slapped in the face with tryarchs "quickscoping is nooby" attitude. yes Modern warfare 2 was abit unbalanced but completely changing sniping mechanics infuriates me. I am litteraly buying an xbox to play halo reach which is the only game (other than fallout new vegas) that has not dissapointed me. I already bought halo reach legendary edition. I hope infinity ward sees how upset people are not just about the sniping community but those who miss the original modern warfare. Tryarch should just stick to zombies. Expand
  51. Dec 1, 2010
    Looks like I'll still be playing MW2. Black Ops = cartoonish graphics, movement that feels like you're gliding around, laughably bad audio, tacky game play like COD money. Can someone tell acitivision to stick with id Software? Every COD game treyarch makes is terrible.
  52. Dec 4, 2010
    Black Ops is the worst Call of duty yet. Treyarch took away quick scoping which everyone loves except for the nerds who made this game. the only good part is zombies and thats barley fun. treyarch should stick to games like die by the sword and stop making call of dutys. Infinity ward is a way better company in every single way. I would not waste my money on this game if the person reading does not have the game. id go with modern warfare 2. it may be a little old but it is a lot better. I rate zero on this game. Oh and people please dont waste your time with this game either its crapy with bad graphics and people already no life it. Please rate zero on this game. Bye.

P.S. Treyarch blows complete butt dont buy Black Ops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  53. Dec 4, 2010
    Over hyped garbage. I really mean that. There has been no difference between the last few CoDs except for a few minor differences. Almost every day, I hear someone saying that Black Ops is the greatest FPS (or even game) ever. Like the best one currently out there until the next rehashed CoD game. It annoys me because these people have clearly never played any other games except CoD and really need to get out into the game market more. They're honestly missing out. Expand
  54. Feb 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. They did improve a few things over the last CoD and had some pro's going for them: The unlock system is much better. The bots are a nice touch. The story was cool enough; it captured a popular theme from those good old days (*cough* Manchurian *cough* Candidate *cough*). You can customize a lot about your character and weapons (well, some of them). You can create your own emblem (tho, the amount of phallic & pornographic imagery when the game first released expresses all too well what treasure there is to be gained in the US public education system).

Now the things that were wrong: One would assume that realism would lend itself to the concept of a game based on the player assuming the part of a soldier operating with real-life military tactics rather nicely. Would've been the way I would've taken it. AK-47's, 74u's & MAC-11's easier to control on full-auto than an AUG or a FAMAS, let alone ANY of them being controllable on full auto. Primary weapon shotguns with a range of what seems to be 10' and not even mag modification attachments (look up the Ithaca 37, there were about a billion versions. Arguable the Stakeout was one specific version - still you can shoot something more than 10 friggin' feet away with it!). Dual-wielding any gun at all (again, maybe that was an action-movie concept). And, my favorite, snub-nosed pistols that become MORE accurate? Combine these realitively minor personal beefs, which probably only burned 2nd amendment enthusiasts, with the step back in graphics, the poor server quality (at least rurally), the low-quality maps which lack any type of cover or decent overlook spots, unbalanced options for successful character specs (they REALLY want you to use those SMG's, don't they), and the bugs & gliches (just tap the trigger if hipfiring, you'll hit dead-on almost everytime & with the small maps that practically force close-quarters, why ever ADS if you take one of the many preferred SMG's?), it really is a step back for the series from MW2 (the natural comparison). Still, since you can barely play MW2 online at this time, this is what's available (or MAG).
  55. Nov 27, 2011
    The previous game to the garbage game of this year, there is no difference I have been playing the same experience for over three years now. Black Ops is by far the worst CoD ever done compared to the others either way, all the CoD apart from MW1 are garbage. Horrible , ugly graphics make this game to not go outside by how ugly it is. And Activsion on the other side launching endless of expansions before MW3 cameout, good strategy to win money all year A-hole's. Expand
  56. Nov 16, 2010
    Preview:
    I have never looked forward to any game this much in over 20 years of gaming! I never imagined I could be this disappointed! Online is a shambles with all the server problems! Zombies is really boring, if I want a zombie game, I'll play resident evil! So i pinned my hopes that the campaign would be good, started ok but then the siege of Khe Sanh, is this the worst designed level
    ever? I wanted this game to be so good, bought it on release day and reserved opinion despite the views of friends but they were all right, and now I'm going back to MW2 online to play a game that is actually fun!! Expand
  57. Jan 9, 2011
    I PLAYED THIS GAME AT MY FRIENDS HOUSE YESTERDAY AND I DIED A LOT IN MULTIPLAYER I COULDN'T GET ENOUGH HALO CREDITS TO BUY THE GRENADE LAUNCHER AND WHY THE HELL DOES THE SHOOT BUTTON THROW GRENADES ITS NOT FAIR THE GRAPHICS ARE SO BAD IT MIGHT AS WELL BE FOUR PIXELS MOVING ACROSS THE SCREEN IN THE THIRTY MINUTES I PLAYED I FOUND OUT WHY XBOX 360 IS 75739476394732 TIMES BETTER AND WHY HALO REACH IS THE BEST COD GAME YET Expand
  58. Dec 18, 2010
    As far as I am concerned there hasn't been 10/10 COD since the very first game, the first MW was good but the maps and online gameplay were very weak and has only grown weaker with each game pushed out as fast as possible to make as much money as possible. Sound effects are weak and the game is buggy as hell. If you want to play a really good FPS, get into Battlefield BC, that game is truely amazing and craps all over COD anyday. MW is for those people who like to spray and pray and run around like a chicken with its head cut off. All up this game and its earlier versions are the worst FPS games I have every played. Expand
  59. Jan 3, 2011
    The game over all is just god awful to many people use the ak74u. The snipers are under powered. People just spam grenades. The cross bow and ballistic knife had to much hype for such a big let down . The kill streaks are to over powered . The whole credit systeM Is dumb what's the point of making us level up to unlock guns that we have to end up buying? The campaign was not that fun it was ok but has no replay Value .the maps are awful there are to Many places to camp. Teammates don't do anything they don't play the actual game type they just sit there and get kills . Over all This is the worst call of duty out there, this is the last cod game I ever buy Expand
  60. Nov 13, 2011
    What an awful game, multiplayer is plagued with framerate problems which is making it almost unplayable. It's not as smooth as MW2 and MW3 which are running at 60fps. The best part in this game is single player which is quite good. If you're buying this for multiplayer, steer away!
  61. Jan 25, 2011
    Review of PS3 Version: I actually played Black Ops the other day at my girlfriend's house on the 360 and it looked sharper, the colors were more vivid although the graphics are not impressive, the PS3 version looks washed out and the sounds for each gun are terrible. Sounds: Guns are generic and indiscernable between an AK-47, Enfield, an M16 or a Skorpion submachine gun. Suppressors make it sound like a paintball gun. It's to the point where you feel like your weapon is underpowered all the while you can't tell them apart anyway in the battlefield. For multiplayer, grenades sound like they got thrown into a basement which come off as muffled and unimpressive.

Killstreaks sound effects like dogs, chopper gunner, etc. have good sound but the overall battlefield sounds take away from the fun and becomes really distracting to people who regilarly played MW2 or BF:BC2.

Graphics:

Graphics were manageable but ugly in Multiplayer. Whats worse is on the PS3 version, the combination of horrible online lag and fugly graphics make a COD as others said "step backward" from IW's MW2 last year. Gameplay:

Treyarch (the company that produced this year's COD game, last year Infinity Ward created Modern Warfare 2 for those whom may not know) made significant improvements (removed the tactical nuke, One Man Army, Commando, Tactical Insertion limited to team based games, Killstrak kills don't count towards Killstreak multiplier, etc.) in theory but the basic gameplay and fluid feel that we were used to in MW2 are non-existent.

Treyarch includes Nazi Zombies, which was interesting but a good way to breakaway from playing MP and SP, added more customization allowing you to create your own emblem with pre made artwork and included new types of MP matches (Wager MAtch to gamble your earnings) but despite all the hype and granduer, it simply suffers from not being able to handle basic tasks as a fun shooter.

For a game hyped as much as this, its a shame that Treyarch could not shake the negative perception of the quality of their games. Any true hardcore gamer or even casual gamer can read past the glowing reviews from gaming sites that conveniently omit any of these major issues on the PS3. The lag makes it impossible to line someone up in your sights to finish a kill, the maps are tiny, create lots of hiding spots for campers and are not conducive to snipers, graphics look sloppy/fugly and the sound of each gun is laughable for a game that set records...again!

Bottom line: I really want to try and enjoy this game. All of the extra new features, Zombie Nazis, the Cold War feel of the SP, cleaning up the cheap tactics from MW2 and improving the MP experience but I can not convince myself that this is a game worth my hard earned money.

I played this game until I reached level 21 in MP and regret I even decided to go that far.

I first got into playing FPS online with my PS3 playing COD4 MW but it seems like Infinity Ward has more polish, ingenuity and skill at making games for the COD series.
  62. Jul 26, 2011
    When I first got this game I was expecting something different from previous iterations. After a few hours with this game I got pretty bored, it felt like I was playing mw2 or waw. There definitely were some new additions to multiplayer, but these weren't enough to warrant the purchase.
  63. Apr 21, 2011
    When there are games that are so hyped up and compel you to purchase them and don't live up to their exceptions, you can say you have truly wasted your money.
  64. Jan 4, 2011
    This game is pathetic. The campaign is OK at best. Treyarchs idea of 'difficulty' is using cheap tactics. In World at War it was the enemies constant use of grenades. In Black Ops it's enemies that spawn infinitely. The Multiplayer doesn't fare much better either. Most of the time you will be knifed by an enemy who isn't even facing you. 98% of the community use either the FAMAS or the AK74u as these are the most overpowered guns in the game.

The worst thing is - Modern Warfare 2 outclasses this game. And i'm not exaggerating. Modern Warfare 2 has it's flaws but they're a lot more bearable than the ones Treyarch have left in their terrible game. I hope Activision drop Treyarch after this abysmal attempt at what is supposed to be the biggest video game franchise in the world.
  65. Jan 19, 2011
    I must say I had great expectations for the game. However, my PS3 version just doesn't work well. It's really awful. Constant problems with frame rates, network connections, failed migrations, etc. What a disappointment. I returned to MW2 when I want to play a FPS. I bought this game almost exclusively for the multiplayer.
  66. Mar 3, 2011
    Simply put, it is one of the most unbalanced and poorly constructed games on the market today, but it also happens to be very addicting. Unfortunately that means that there's going to be more like it in the future.
  67. Oct 27, 2011
    Minimum effort has been put into this game as the technology has been recycled from modern warfare 2. You could basically get this game as a mod on pc for modern warfare 2. It is that bad.
  68. Dec 18, 2010
    I like the campaign in this game although it is of course very short. It was my favorite of all the COD's. The downside to this game is the multilayer which is what most everyone is playing it for. The PS3 version of this game is plagued with problems in multilayer and it seems to be getting worse as time goes on. I've had problems with the multilayer matches disconnecting midway through. Now since the last patch (Dec.16th ?) its considerably worse. I estimate 75% of the matches I try end up disconnecting for everyone in them halfway through. It's frustrating to say the least. From looking around it seems that everyone is having trouble with the PS3 version. When this is fixed I'm sure it will be a good game but until then I would not recommend buying it. Bad Company 2 is a much better buy. Expand
  69. Mar 13, 2011
    I thought this game was OK..... Then I played Killzone 3 and now ill never look at another COD game again, COD's never changed always same dull graphics with same gameplay sept in black ops they made it worse. Oh well everyone will still buy this **** game because thats all they no.
  70. Apr 11, 2011
    This Call of Duty was a real disappointment, The reason was the campaign and multi player the campaign because it was just not interesting at all, and the multi player because well it was the same thing just new maps.
  71. Jan 6, 2011
    I'm a real FPS maniac, and I'm pretty darn good at it. I played CoD MW2 for a very very long time, I loved it! When Battlefield released Bad Company 2 I bought it just to try it out and to tell people the major difference. The campaign mode OWNED, and the online mode OWNED even more after playing it a couple of times. It seemed so much more realistic than MW2. The sound of the weapons, the graphics, everything. But after a while BLACK OPS came out on Treyarchs ordinary SOOO un-original propaganda sh!t! I bought this one too see how it was, if it's as good as the ''critics'' say it is. After playing for 1 hour I got tired, I mean, really tired. I stabbed and ran around with my weapons and I got it to my head that, there's no blood?! I mean, what is a war game without blood?

I continued playing and i did not like it, at all! Too many interruptions within the campaign mode and the creators seemed to just care about some things in the game, the interruption parts when 'Victor Reznov' was talking and that other crap. It was just too much. I've never played a game like this, when I play I play with love, I want to play the game until i clear all the missions, and I enjoy when i do that! But when I played Black Ops... I didn't want to to it, it was so crappy!

I mean, Dice does a much more better job than treyarch do, but they get no cred at all. It's all about propaganda. Yes, BO broke all the records, but they broke one more record, most dissapointed costumers EVER!

Thats just my opinion about this game, and i ought to tell you allt that BFBC2 and -Vietnam is soooooo much better than BO. So much better!
  72. Jan 6, 2011
    This Version is a joke. Modern warfare 2 was the ultimate smooth fps, this game is a lag filled nightmare disaster. The producers should Hang there heads in shame at this excuse for a call of duty sequel. I am returning my copy and buying the new battlefield. I truly felt ripped off this is such a let down
  73. Jan 16, 2011
    COD: Black Ops is one of the worst shooter games that I've played in a long time. The campaign was to short and the online experience is horrible. It can take me up to 30 minutes to join a game. Battlefield Bad Company 2 just blows COD out of the water. The maps, guns, and realism in Battlefield Bad Company 2 is just phenomenal. While Cod is just pathetic.
  74. Jan 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Black Ops is one of my best games ever ,, 10 / 10 ,,
    Call of Duty " in general, one of the best games on (PS - DS - PC - Wii - Xbox), it's really fun game and good and contains many things that make you play with relish .. ;D ..
  75. Feb 10, 2011
    How can anyone like such an awful game. Not only is it fully of bugs but you cannot play online without entering a hacked lobby. Cheaters galore and the company who made this crap doesn't even care. They won't sort out boosters or the dreaded campers.

The game is far to rushed as they feel the need to release a new game six months after the other which is far from necessary. The story
    mode is terribly short and you can complete it in only a few hours. Expand
  76. Feb 8, 2011
    This is easily the biggest disappointment in the Call of Duty series, and I feel ashamed to call it a Call of Duty game after great classics in the series such as Call of Duty 2 & Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

The Single-Player experience has a tacked on cliché story which would have been suitable in a low-budget 1970's movie. The game, like the recent CoD games, follows a
    very biased Anti-Russian theme and goes as far to portray events that did not happen in the Cold War, and in doing so makes the United States look like a typical "Good Guy". The plot is tedious, boring & uninteresting and it puts older CoD games that had a good storyline to shame.

The multiplayer is pretty much the same as World at War, but with different weapons and some new features. However, before I can get started on the features I must say that the connectivity is horrendous. If I am about to join a game once out of ten tries then I would consider myself lucky, and in the event that I actually do get into a game then it lags horribly, even though it says my connection is on 4 bars. The unlock system doesn't work properly, and it makes weapons and perks way too cheap. To be able to buy a new weapon, I need simply play 2 Team Death Matches and I can buy any gun I want with the CoD points I have earned.

The graphics are appalling compared to the latest games. The graphics of WaW were fine when it was released, but now all they did was just use WaW and the graphics are simply outdated by YEARS compared to other games such as Killzone 3.

Character movement is horrible; it has no weight to it, and feels like my character is practically weightless. This also attributes to the surprisingly slow paced gameplay which is unnatural for a CoD game. It can take me up to a minute to find a single enemy, and when I do it will take us a while to kill each other due to lag. The movement is smooth, but it just feels uncomfortable and unnatural.

The Sound Effects are absolutely horrendous. The guns sound horrible, and other sounds such as footsteps are not even in synch. When I sprint, the footstep sounds are in an irregular pattern and it sounds awful. Games from Pre-2005 had better sound effects than this game.

Gameplay overall is also very dull and boring. Basically, whoever has a better connection will win 80% of the time, while the other 20% is attributed to killstreak kills, lucky grenade throws and claymores. Also the first person to land a hit on the enemy usually wins, which is an appalling thing to have in a Modern FPS, especially with such bad connection issues.

Overall the only redeeming part is Nazi Zombies, which is entertaining when played with a group of friends but even then it can get boring really quickly.

In conclusion, I think that this game is simply a rushed CoD game made so that Activision & Treyarch could earn as much money as they can from the popularity of the CoD series while giving us very little in return. I am ashamed to call this a CoD game...
  77. Aug 13, 2011
    This game is the most crappy game off all time the last installment was still bearable but this is just a lousy piece of crap. Its **** **** over hyped . It doesnt deserve anything specially not worth the 50-60$
  78. Mar 5, 2011
    Overall this is a poor excuse of a game which lives off its name Call of Duty, if this game was made by a new developer it would have been slated in the reviews, but as usual the people who review games(mostly) have said this is a good game, it's not. Do not waste your money on this, people who play COD need to see that there are other games available, try KIllzone 3 work with it, get used to it and you will see that KZ3 dominates this title in every aspect, graphics, sound, weapons, gameplay, originality. Back to the drawing board Black Ops, you have failed miserably. Expand
  79. Mar 12, 2011
    Never have I seen such a disgrace to the video game world. There was no effort put into this game, it was planned (hardly) rushed into production, hyped-up by under the table payment, as well as rated highly (i'm looking at you IGN!). in short
    THIS GAME IS BROKEN.

Crappy entities, the world is just full of eye-candy, yet you can see the repetitiveness in the AI (as in, they all look and
    act the same) All I see is cruddy AI spawners to get you stuck until you move up. Scenes such as, shooting a rope at a helicopter, watching this 10 ton machine being pulled down by a rope I could cut with sscissors, and then seeing the rope disappear into thin air, makes me wonder what sick bastard oversaw this project. Expand
  80. Apr 9, 2011
    Sound design and visuals are simply bad, and there is nothing realy new here. The single player campaign is short, and you dont realy feel strongly about the characters or the storyline.
  81. Apr 20, 2011
    This is by far the worst Call of Duty to date.

I got this game on day one. Sadly after less than 1 hour of playing it came obvious that the game was over-hyped. Story line is very weak and doesn't hold up, acting is also bad but not as bad as the story.

Online playing is cool but servers and bandwidth are always full so you will find some issue joining new games.
  82. May 15, 2011
    Disappointing. Anyone who owns this game, and also owns modern warfare (CoD4), I have a challenge for you. Play an hour on the game which came out in 2007, then play BlOps. I won't make you suffer an hour on the second one, and you are free to go back to playing modern warfare now. There is no aspect of the game which I consider to be better than CoD4, the graphics are worse, story less engaging, and the online isn't worth your time either. Hopefully infinity Ward will be able to do better than this. Expand
  83. May 1, 2011
    Highly unoriginal. A LARGE waste of money considering all the games in the past that are just like it. If you have lived under a rock for 5 years and missed the games that this clones, Id give it a 6. The solo missions are neat climatically if you ignore all the blood on the screen and superhuman feats that jon Mclain would laugh at, but the gameplay is just terrible. People have been saying it for years. Then they forgive it for its decent multi player (far to fast paced and ramboish for my tastes. Do the history of gaming a favor and SKIP THIS!! Expand
  84. Jun 2, 2011
    oh goodness. where to begin. 1) the graphics were a major step back from mw2. its like if BFBC2 were over saturated. 2) it takes an entire clip to kill somebody in multiplayer and im pretty sure 3 shots should to the trick. 3) the movement is so jerky and clunky it feels like im trying to move around in a sumo suit 4) the cod points offer no sense of accomplishment. i went 3 and 20 in a game and still got 1500 cod points which is enough to buy a few killstreaks and weapon attachments. i loved how in mw2 you had to be good in order to get killstreaks and attachments. 5) the story line in the campaign was idiotic. the entire time i played i was thinking "this is the stupidest campaign ever" i will admit that the campaign gameplay was better than mw2, but the story was far inferior. 6) the sniping is attrocious. one shot will NEVER kill your man. i personally loved quickscoping as well, but i can see why they would take it out. but that does not make up for the lack of firepower and accuracy 7) the create an emblem idea was creative, but it turned out to be a bad creation. like my problem with codpoints, i liked having to earn my titles and emblems, it basically gave me an extra reason to play
    i absolutely hated this game, far worse than mw2 or even WAW. there were a few high points, but they were few and far between. horrible game
  85. Jul 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Oh Black Ops, as a game you confuse me. While your multiplayer player is a fun endeavor and zombie mode entertaining (more so with friends for those you with lives and real friends). However your first player mode is where all the failure lies. And I mean all of it. If you read the summary you'll know this takes during the Cold War Era where American decided to be the biggest idiot ever. The story follows one guy who get to relive a bunch of missions like they were deranged flashbacks. As fan of story and character development and I can safely say this game has none. Since it's the cold war the big evil terrorist guy is some Russian and it is never explained why he hates America, or why Cuba is allied with them, or why he needs to brain wash random people with number codes, or why there's Russians in Korea. And why are all the big bad guys taken out with cut-scenes and quick time events? This is a First Person Shooter not a JRPG. The levels aren't that long ether, they take a while since two hits gets you killed and you spend most of it hiding behind a chest high wall making most weapons kind of useless. You might as well not bother with anything other than a machine gun. Not to mention finding out who is on your side or not only something you figure out after you shot them dead. Yes it looks nice the first player mode is a mess. Also I fail to see why they have hidden Intel, realistic shooters aren't the kind of games where you go exploring. That works better is game with health meters, where you don't recover from a gun wound by sucking your thumb behind a wall. Not to mention they could have made great impact had the game shown the assassination of JFK instead of a rap song and sudden mode of zombies. And if your not here for the online or multiplayer experience just pay attention in history class to get the cold war run down. At least the class will explain what the hell is going on. Expand
  86. Jul 14, 2011
    The Call of Duty Franchise, the most unchanged franchise in the world... what do I mean? what I mean is that they only change the game-play and the weapons, not realistic, people hack to get to get to the 70TH level, Guess what? this is the big word: Call Of Duty 4 is the game, while the other games in the series: "JUST ONE BIG DLC" So in order to finish this review, Battlefield vomits all over the Call of Duty series. Expand
  87. Jul 15, 2011
    This game is garbage. I rather go back to MW2 which was a disappointment. I also own World at War and Treyarch did a much better job on that. The only thing that saves this game is its amazing zombie mode.
  88. Aug 3, 2011
    In my opinion this is probably the worst COD ever made, im purely judging this on the multi-player side of it but even the campaign isnt a work of art, in fact the only highlight is zombies, back to the multi-player, there are 3 outstanding guns severely overused and equally overpowered despite treyarchs "efforts" to nerf the guns, that aside the general community exploits the too many camp spots on EVERY map not to mention the killstreaks are unbelievably overpowered and are given at such low amount of kills that added with hardline is just a recipe for disaster and is, the general physics of the game are really bad aswell that teamed up with bullets that curve around walls is not anything but annoying, to add to this ridiculous onslaught of problems they reintroduced one of the most overused and annoying perks except with a new name and a even more annoying pro feature which i think all you cod player know what im refaring to, also to make things worse its accessible straight away from level 1 and thanks to cod points its also buy-able once one has gained 2000 CP plus physics completely go against the reality of that situation as well, and lets face that the secondary's arent exactly fare either, mainly speaking of the pistols but also one of the launchers which again you cod players know what im refaring to, i will give it that zombies are well worth playing and is really good with the new zombie map installments. (which at a outrageous price almost out-ways that pros) To summarise this game i would say that there are way to many negatives, that the positives are almost impossible to see, also treyarchs "solution" to the ever present faults in the game is to make map packs which so far have only made the game worse (excluding the zombie maps) as such only aggravates the situation.

RATING:
    0/10 - Multi-Player
    6/10 - Zombies (Too pricy for new maps)
    6/10 - Campaign
    Despite the 2 6's the multi-player drags the game down to much i would give it negative if i could.
  89. Aug 25, 2011
    Black Ops is a fun recycled game that soon becomes highly repetitive. The single player campaign fails at all of it's "WOW" moments. I do enjoy the fact that they put the storyline within the Cold War, and it must have been difficult to do so. Fortunately, Black Ops has multiplayer! Well, not really because that gets very repetitive very fast. The mindless finding a spot to hide, shooting at anything that comes close, and then proceed to wreak havoc with unbalanced care packages is very fun; for about three hours. The game modes aren't special or original in any way. The multiplayer element I do enjoy is split-screen. It is a whole bunch of more fun hiding with your friend, killing twice as many people, and getting twice as much kill streak rewards. The wager matches, on the other hand, are something that I do genuinely enjoy. There are some original and fresh ideas that can be fun, and quite frustrating when people want to take advantage of the games flaws. The saving grace in this game is Zombie mode. This does not get old. It is hard not to enjoy killing mindless zombies with your friends. Unfortunately you can't play zombies with 3 other friends or even two. You can only play with 1 locally, or you can venture online and try to play with all of the menu screen bugs that cause my ps3 to freeze and crash. All in all is a game that has solid, mundane multiplayer. Where it succeeds in zombies, it fails with a whole bunch of bugs and features that people have been craving since WAW. It also does not help to be made fun of by a bunch of pubescent teenagers for not camping. I am giving this game a 2 out of 10 for solid multiplayer and an entertaining zombie experience. Expand
  90. Aug 25, 2011
    I used to be a huge fan of the call of duty series. That was like 6 years ago. The only thing to look forward to in every new installment of the franchise are new maps. There are NO improvements to game play or graphics. I don't know but can anyone spot a major difference between modern warfare 1 and any of the new installments??
  91. Oct 29, 2011
    Horrible. This one's for all the CoD fangirls trying to rate down BF3...you get a 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000...Just like the number of innovations MW3 will have since the last ten thousand Call of Dootie's. Expand
  92. Oct 23, 2011
    call of duty black ops was a very big dissapointment to me. The graphics werent good lots of frame rate and texture issues. the multiplayer was really fun. the only fun i had was in the campaign. the campaign was one of the best in all of call of duties.
  93. Oct 27, 2011
    Never published a review online before but felt absolutely compelled to do so after the bitter disappointment of this game. First off: the campaign. For me, too many moments where I had to wait for things to catch up (I was left shooting hundred of enemies on own until the game clicked in with the next objective on one occasion); graphically I think itâ
  94. Nov 1, 2011
    how to make your own copy of black ops: 1 reach into a trash can
    2 put it all ingredients in a cd
    3 enjoy
    this needs to be 150 characters long so hold on... done
  95. Nov 17, 2011
    Simply its crap garbage and used stuff put together in a sloppy job. ..................................................................................................................
  96. Nov 30, 2011
    Black ops is just an other **** from Treyarch. When it came out i thought it would start a nuclear war. I think that black ops is more strange than flying horses. The only fun stuff in black ops is Zombies. Treyarch du just copy infinityward:s games like when they did copy black ops from modern warfare 2.
  97. Apr 16, 2012
    I thought games were supposed to be fun. What a **** mess. Still better than mw3 though. Cod is dead I have little faith in this franchise now. The only thing that saves this game for me is the campaign and zombies.
  98. Aug 1, 2012
    A solid game that does not deserve nearly as much praise that it gets from critics. If you have played any cod after cod 4 you have played them all. It's time for trearch and infinity ward to stop milking the cash cow and create something fresh.
  99. Nov 14, 2012
    One of the worst shooters I have ever played. The game feels so old now and just boring as hell considering I have played the game in various iterations since 2007 with Modern Warfare. This game is abysmal and after reading the scores from all the gaming site and mags I realize that Activision are still playing for high reviews and milking it's customers all the way to the bank.

Don't
    buy this game, it's not worth your money, unless you have a simple mind and like playing the same game, year in, year out with no changes at all. Expand
  100. Nov 23, 2012
    How do I put this gently:
    -Boring campaign
    -Boring multiplayer
    -Useless killstreaks
    **** graphics
    -Guns that feel like toys
    -Cheesy voice acting
    -Crappy Community
  101. Nov 10, 2010
    Mediocre!...
    -Physics: The
    The multiplayer maps are very small.
    The single player campaign is very simple and brief.
    You can have I little fun with this game but it won't last.

Don't waste your money, Save it for Killzone 3 or Gran Turismo 5.

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops still represents one hell of a hefty package. It's bursting with hundreds of hours of entertainment that caters to every conceivable configuration of gamer out there, be they an adversarial gamer, a co-op connoisseur or a staunch offline soloist. [January 2011 p60]
  2. Jan 18, 2011
    By dint of obstinacy, Treyarch delivers probably its best with Black Ops Call of Duty to date - but probably not the best in the saga.
  3. Jan 16, 2011
    There are more highlights in the first two missions of Black Ops, then in Medal of Honor. The requirements of Treyarch seemed to be better, than in the past few years. They made an interesting setting. In addition, there's a nice zombie mode and an overwhelming multiplayer. No doubt, this is Treyarchs best Call of Duty ever!