6.1

1. Jan 21, 2012
    Black ops is a perfect mix with succesful content from previous COD. Campaign: Short but its know for some people!! a little 6 hours and played this gam out!!! But this is perfect for trophy hunters short campaign with lots of trophies!!!!!!!! Zombies: just as the WAW version is pro , but now with nicer gfx cooler weapons and much more makes it more awesome!!!! Warning:(its very addict able)

Multiplayer: is like COD MW2 its awesome but it seems to be copied!!!! everything looks just as MW2
  2. Aug 21, 2012
    Black Ops has a great campaign with a realistic plot this time around (MW2, we're looking at you). The Multiplayer is addicting and fun, as always, and it packs a new game mode, wager match.
  3. May 27, 2012
    One of the greatest games I have ever played. Works flawlessly on my PS3. Graphics are great, co-op zombies gave me hundreds of hours of epic lol's and good times!
  4. Oct 14, 2012
    The campaign is great. The storyline setting in the cold war is awesome and i can't say anymore because i don't wan't to be a spoiler. the multiplayer is rock solid and the contracts system is great. Nothing wrong with this one...
  5. Jan 3, 2013
    Call Of Duty the black ops series are the best of CoD,it has zombie mode that is much like a horror survival and the campaign it's just great,the online is a big hit and addicting as hell i can tell that much.
  6. Jan 25, 2014
    I love this game. It is one of my favourite cods and also one of my favourite fps games. This game has 3 major parts which i am going to talk and rate so please enjoy.

Campaign: 9/10. The campaign was flawless with great level design,great animations and a fantastic storyline with one of the best plot twists i have ever seen in a game. I found it to be super addicting and somewhat
    emotional.

Multiplayer: 7.5/10. The multiplayer was really fun to play just like any other cod but it probably has the worst connection in the series, and horrible hit detection (There have been so many times where i have been killed behind walls). If it wasnt for these realy big problems the multiplayer would be one of the best.

Zombies co/op: 10/10. Its just perfect that is all i have to say.

if you are a shooter fan or a cod fan buy this game,im telling you.
  7. Apr 28, 2014
    Story:
    I actually liked this story more than the MW story. It had mystery, drama, and a surprise twist near the ending that I never saw coming. The voice acting and dialogues were great. Treyarch even went far enough to hire Hollywood talents to do to voicing rolls. 9/10

Gameplay:
    Standard Call of Duty gameplay. You shoot guys, go silent, hop into turrets and vehicles, etc. To be
    honest, I played the single player for the story, but Treyarch did add a new feature the community called the 'Dolphin Dive'. The Dive is still a great hit to this day. 7/10

Graphics:
    Visuals are nothing new, the facial models are average, and the world design is above average. 6/10

Sound:
    Good soundtrack, gun sounds are ok, and sound effects are average 7/10

Multiplayer:
    This multiplayer is more balanced than MW2 ever was (with the exception of the Famas and AK74u).The level cap isn't too high (level 50), Treyarch added theatre mode (like Halo), combat training (practice against bots), and wager matches (gamble C.O.D points). One innovation in Multiplayer were C.O.D points which were in-game money used to buy guns, emblems, attachments, camos, etc. I liked C.O.D points way more than the weapon levels we got now. Treyarch even improved the emblem system by letting us customize our own emblem, which was extremely fun to do. Zombies made a return from World at War, and Treyarch even improved that as well with new guns, perks and all the maps were greatly designed (including DLC maps). I liked these maps more than the Black Ops 2 ones. 10/10

Verdict:
    Call of Duty Black Ops in my opinion is the best C.O.D to have come out since C.O.D 4. Engaging single player story, balanced multiplayer, and fun zombies makes for a complete package. Verdict: 9/10
  8. Jul 30, 2013
    Black Ops is the best from Treyarch's Call of Duty that deserves high praise with even more customization and awesome new weapons such as the crossbow. RC-XD is a bit overpowered but when you become more advanced, RC-XD isn't the ideal killsteak you want to use. You can certainly get a kill with it but you get even more with other killstreaks like dogs and choppers. It's a good way for newbies to get into Call of Duty and it's an awesome killstreak to use. It's much like driving a remote controlled car in real life.

Map designs are stylish that goes with the games' Cold War setting. The game still runs perfectly at 60 FPS even if the graphics isn't the best. Theatre Mode is a great addition for those who wants to post their gameplay on YouTube. You can pick out the best gameplay and record that instead of recording everything then cropping, during editing, until you get the best ones, like you would do in previous Call of Duty games, the feature as well as the video runs perfectly. You can only record about 30 seconds of the gameplay with Theatre Mode. If you want to record everything, you'll need to buy a capture card.

Wager matches is a great addition to Call of Duty's multiplayer. Currency is a bit controversial but we wouldn't have wager matches without them. Gun game is a fun mode where you start with a Python and each kill allows the player to move up one weapon tier which will grant you a new weapon. You win by getting to the last tier and kill an enemy with that weapon. You downgrade a tier when you're knifed. One in a Chamber is where you start with one bullet with a M1911 and you get one more bullet for each kill.

Sharpshooter cycles a random weapon every 45 secs, you get perks for every kill and eventually a scoring multiplier. You lose the perks when you die and you have to earn them again. Sticks and Stones is a rubbish game mode where you kill enemies with a Crossbow, Tomahawk and Ballistic Knife. If you have the skills to handle these weapons, Stick and Stones might be fun for you. Top 3 gets money and it's the best way to earn money to buy goods like weapons and attachments. Everyone else would lose money but hey, it's like gambling so don't complain. You lose some, you win some!

Dolphin Dive is unbalanced, the idea of dive to prone while still maintaining accuracy is the reason for so. Some balancing issues, connection problems and crappy game modes makes this Call of Duty not as good as Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare but it's still better than World at War. Zombies is also really fun and it's probably the best feature in Treyarch's Call of Duty. It deserves a much higher score than 6.0, which is the average score from metacritic users. If you missed out on Medal of Honor so that you can play Black Ops, you've made the right decision.
  9. Apr 27, 2013
    The only CoD game I've really liked. The campaign is clever, with twists and characters you begin to like. Multiplayer is very functional while still remaining fun. Zombies mode is... Probably the most fun you can have with a controller. Treyarch should be applauded.
  10. Sep 15, 2013
    black ops is one of the best cod game in my opinion but it has some bugs and minor problems the zombie mode has 6+ maps and the old ones from world at war Black ops is an unforgettable fps game with minor problems
  11. Jan 3, 2014
    Black Ops entered with fresh new ideas and came out fulfilling those ideas. The multiplayer was as good as ever and felt more than a usual COD experience. Zombie went on with more maps and more attracting ideas, and the campaign may be the best in the series. The Graphics lack behind though for the standard shooter and look sloppy. Overall Treyarch made a fresh new start and made a fantastic FPS.
  12. Jan 18, 2014
    I wanted to really give this game a 9 because the lag and some unfairness but every call of duty game has been like that so I'm giving it a 10. This is that game for me that you remember in 10-15 years as that great times game... I'm only referring to multiplayer mind coz I don't play any campaigns. Rather than writing a book I'm just going to sum it up as the best cod in the series, slightly slower paced a better feel to shooting and realism, graphics are the best in the cod series feels like a completely different engine to any other cod game but still keeping that similarity. Great smaller maps in majority. Score per min leaderboards to tackle campers, honestly I could go on and on but I'll leave it as that. Please make a new cod like this again.... black ops 2, mw3 and ghosts are all major dissapointments Expand
  13. Mar 29, 2014
    The whole game was fun i especially enjoyed the zombie mode and multiplayer in this game, I think that everyone should play this excellent game, the campaign was also very fun.
  14. May 19, 2014
    story sucks the multiplier was solid couple of nice maps but the only reason i still own this game and the only reason im giving it a 9 is because of zombies
  15. Sep 6, 2014
    I really loved this game, The guns where great, The story was good and The graphics where fair enough for when this game was made! Much better than ghosts.

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops still represents one hell of a hefty package. It's bursting with hundreds of hours of entertainment that caters to every conceivable configuration of gamer out there, be they an adversarial gamer, a co-op connoisseur or a staunch offline soloist. [January 2011 p60]
  2. Jan 18, 2011
    By dint of obstinacy, Treyarch delivers probably its best with Black Ops Call of Duty to date - but probably not the best in the saga.
  3. Jan 16, 2011
    There are more highlights in the first two missions of Black Ops, then in Medal of Honor. The requirements of Treyarch seemed to be better, than in the past few years. They made an interesting setting. In addition, there's a nice zombie mode and an overwhelming multiplayer. No doubt, this is Treyarchs best Call of Duty ever!