6.1

1. May 19, 2014
    story sucks the multiplier was solid couple of nice maps but the only reason i still own this game and the only reason im giving it a 9 is because of zombies
  2. May 16, 2014
    In my mind cod is the same game over and over and over just different lame storyline different maps and personalizations for multiplayer there's always hackers or Jailbreakers so that's not fair at all the MLG weapons for this game are way to hard to use and I'm MLG since world at war and now since this game is so old and ps4s release psn doesn't even care about any of it there's more hackers in cod than there are clans in cod so that's my review again Expand
  3. May 3, 2014
    Compared to world at war story black ops is nothing but for the brand-new zombie mode and multiplayer it's another thing.The zombie mode is the most played mode of black ops for a good reason it was the first in a call of duty game that we see zombies.Multiplayer mode is just so amazing wow.
  4. Apr 28, 2014
    Story:
    I actually liked this story more than the MW story. It had mystery, drama, and a surprise twist near the ending that I never saw coming. The voice acting and dialogues were great. Treyarch even went far enough to hire Hollywood talents to do to voicing rolls. 9/10

Gameplay:
    Standard Call of Duty gameplay. You shoot guys, go silent, hop into turrets and vehicles, etc. To be
    honest, I played the single player for the story, but Treyarch did add a new feature the community called the 'Dolphin Dive'. The Dive is still a great hit to this day. 7/10

Graphics:
    Visuals are nothing new, the facial models are average, and the world design is above average. 6/10

Sound:
    Good soundtrack, gun sounds are ok, and sound effects are average 7/10

Multiplayer:
    This multiplayer is more balanced than MW2 ever was (with the exception of the Famas and AK74u).The level cap isn't too high (level 50), Treyarch added theatre mode (like Halo), combat training (practice against bots), and wager matches (gamble C.O.D points). One innovation in Multiplayer were C.O.D points which were in-game money used to buy guns, emblems, attachments, camos, etc. I liked C.O.D points way more than the weapon levels we got now. Treyarch even improved the emblem system by letting us customize our own emblem, which was extremely fun to do. Zombies made a return from World at War, and Treyarch even improved that as well with new guns, perks and all the maps were greatly designed (including DLC maps). I liked these maps more than the Black Ops 2 ones. 10/10

Verdict:
    Call of Duty Black Ops in my opinion is the best C.O.D to have come out since C.O.D 4. Engaging single player story, balanced multiplayer, and fun zombies makes for a complete package. Verdict: 9/10
  5. Apr 20, 2014
    people say that all cod games are the same and for the most part, they're right, same mechanics, and same kind of gameplay and what not, but its fun, so I don't mind that they're the same. the one thing that are different about the games is the campaign. black ops campaign is pretty fun. I liked certain missions a lot and others not so much, but for the most part, its pretty solid, and the multiplayer is fun and addictive. Repetitive, yes, but fun? also yes. its not a game where I feel that I have gained an experience from, but It is a fun game Expand
  6. Mar 30, 2014
    Despite some of the more impressive cut-scenes, this game misses the mark by a long shot. The "improvements" to multiplayer are overly complicated, awkward, and just terrible. The main story line rips off classic films such as "The Deer Hunter" and others, making it even less original than the previous COD games. Do not waste your time, or money on this trash.
  7. Mar 29, 2014
    The whole game was fun i especially enjoyed the zombie mode and multiplayer in this game, I think that everyone should play this excellent game, the campaign was also very fun.
  8. Mar 19, 2014
    now before i review this i have one thing to say i like call of duty but i am not in love with it so any call of duty fans don't read this are they gone good lets get in with it now the plot i enjoyed but problems what they put in with it one why when interrogated he talks but when your playing he never says anything number 2 can we please not have this retarded enemy and alli ai lets start with enemy ai don't just hold your trigger for 30 seconds till you have to reload that supprisibliy takes longer then you and they cant even do cover i can see they foreheads and it works to kill them or they stand in the open for me to flank them and now lets talk about a lli ai they have one side conversations and when there fighting they shoot at the sky and most of them can't lip sync alright and now multi player i just have one or two problems with it there are too many perk abilities to get just if you get 4 kills what and skills are pointless and the zombie mode was good Expand
  9. Mar 2, 2014
    Cliff notes for people that don't want to hear the same old "OMG COD IS THE SAME GAME EVERY YEAR WAH WAH" ****

The Good: Engrossing, suspenseful campaign. Good graphics for its time. Great gun balance and variety for the most part. Zombie mode is fun with friends. First time with theatre mode. Creating your own emblem is far superior than MW series.

The Bad: Pistols are pathetically
    weak. Red dot and holographic sights are cloudy (wtf? they're supposed to make aiming easier). Frame rate choppy at times, which is a trade off for the slightly better graphics. Theatre mode may be part of the reason why the game is glitchy.

Overall: Single player was amazing. A little more polish to multiplayer and this game would've been a masterpiece.
  10. ERB
    Feb 1, 2014
    Call Of Duty Black Ops is no doubt one of the best Call Of Duty Games ever made.I should admit the single player campaign has a good story but it lacks time.I mean the single player campaign is so short that it really disappointed me.Well the graphics and environments in this game looks cool and beautiful.The multiplayer once again showed us why Call Of Duty is one of the best multiplayer games of all time.It is addicting and fun.That is why I recommend you guys to buy this game and play it now. Expand
  11. Jan 25, 2014
    I love this game. It is one of my favourite cods and also one of my favourite fps games. This game has 3 major parts which i am going to talk and rate so please enjoy.

Campaign: 9/10. The campaign was flawless with great level design,great animations and a fantastic storyline with one of the best plot twists i have ever seen in a game. I found it to be super addicting and somewhat
    emotional.

Multiplayer: 7.5/10. The multiplayer was really fun to play just like any other cod but it probably has the worst connection in the series, and horrible hit detection (There have been so many times where i have been killed behind walls). If it wasnt for these realy big problems the multiplayer would be one of the best.

Zombies co/op: 10/10. Its just perfect that is all i have to say.

if you are a shooter fan or a cod fan buy this game,im telling you.
  12. Jan 18, 2014
    I wanted to really give this game a 9 because the lag and some unfairness but every call of duty game has been like that so I'm giving it a 10. This is that game for me that you remember in 10-15 years as that great times game... I'm only referring to multiplayer mind coz I don't play any campaigns. Rather than writing a book I'm just going to sum it up as the best cod in the series, slightly slower paced a better feel to shooting and realism, graphics are the best in the cod series feels like a completely different engine to any other cod game but still keeping that similarity. Great smaller maps in majority. Score per min leaderboards to tackle campers, honestly I could go on and on but I'll leave it as that. Please make a new cod like this again.... black ops 2, mw3 and ghosts are all major dissapointments Expand
  13. Jan 4, 2014
    Absolutely love this game.Probably my third favorite CoD (CoD 4,MW2,BO 1).The campaign had a lot of action,but not the best.Me multiplayer is great.I love it.It has given me wonderful times
  14. Jan 3, 2014
    Black Ops entered with fresh new ideas and came out fulfilling those ideas. The multiplayer was as good as ever and felt more than a usual COD experience. Zombie went on with more maps and more attracting ideas, and the campaign may be the best in the series. The Graphics lack behind though for the standard shooter and look sloppy. Overall Treyarch made a fresh new start and made a fantastic FPS.
  15. Nov 19, 2013
    La verdad un juego bastante decepcionante y que deja muchísimo que desear, la saga esta claramente sobre explotada, año tras año el mismo juego, con la misma mecánica y todo igual, solo cambia un poco los escenarios y eso y ya esta, no merece la pena gastarte 75 euros por un juego sobre explotado si ya tienes el del año anterior, compralo cuando baje a 20 euros...porque si no seria tirar el dinero. Expand
  16. Nov 9, 2013
    I found this game to bring nothing new to the table. Sure there were some new game modes and weapon modding and stuff like that, but in its core, it was still the same game as Modern Warfare, repackaged for the 4th time, with a new 3 hour story and chaotic multiplayer that has nothing to do with skill.
  17. Nov 5, 2013
    Black ops was a major improvement over it's other games, the campaign's story, don't even try to say that you understand it, but for multi player, I'd say it's got some pretty creative maps, even some of the most creative in the franchise.
  18. Sep 27, 2013
    let me start off by saying this game has a decent story mode, like MW2 it seems things happen in this game just because they can. The zombies mode is good but gets really boring once youve seen all the bland maps, none of them pop out at you and seem that interesting, the multiplayer is decent. This game dosint entertain me and make me care about the characters. Their is no character developement. This is an okay game at best and should only be purchased for $10 or less. Expand
  19. Sep 15, 2013
    black ops is one of the best cod game in my opinion but it has some bugs and minor problems the zombie mode has 6+ maps and the old ones from world at war Black ops is an unforgettable fps game with minor problems
  20. Aug 17, 2013
    Especially with new features such as the excellent theatre mode, Black Ops is great fun for any first-person shooter fan. There are, however, noticeable technical problems that hinder the game from being a truly astounding sequel...
  21. Aug 17, 2013
    9.3 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

In my personal opinion, this is the best game in the Call of Duty series. After seeing the huge success of Modern Warfare, Treyarch finally decided to drop World War II and instead move on to the cold war and vietnam. With an intriguing story, an excellent expansion to the "Nazi Zombie"-lore and a huge array of additions to the multiplayer (where my
    favorites include: "Combat Training", "Theatre Mode", "Emblem" customization and "Wager Matches"), "Call of Duty: Black Ops" carries an improvement to the Call of Duty series not seen since "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare".

Some people may think that the story can be confusing at times (which I can agree on) and that it is yet another re-hash of the Call of Duty series, but I have found myself happily throwing many hours into "Call of Duty: Black Ops", and if you're a fan of first person shooters, I'm sure you will too.
  22. Aug 2, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 8/10..........................................................................................................................
  23. Jul 30, 2013
    Black Ops is the best from Treyarch's Call of Duty that deserves high praise with even more customization and awesome new weapons such as the crossbow. RC-XD is a bit overpowered but when you become more advanced, RC-XD isn't the ideal killsteak you want to use. You can certainly get a kill with it but you get even more with other killstreaks like dogs and choppers. It's a good way for newbies to get into Call of Duty and it's an awesome killstreak to use. It's much like driving a remote controlled car in real life.

Map designs are stylish that goes with the games' Cold War setting. The game still runs perfectly at 60 FPS even if the graphics isn't the best. Theatre Mode is a great addition for those who wants to post their gameplay on YouTube. You can pick out the best gameplay and record that instead of recording everything then cropping, during editing, until you get the best ones, like you would do in previous Call of Duty games, the feature as well as the video runs perfectly. You can only record about 30 seconds of the gameplay with Theatre Mode. If you want to record everything, you'll need to buy a capture card.

Wager matches is a great addition to Call of Duty's multiplayer. Currency is a bit controversial but we wouldn't have wager matches without them. Gun game is a fun mode where you start with a Python and each kill allows the player to move up one weapon tier which will grant you a new weapon. You win by getting to the last tier and kill an enemy with that weapon. You downgrade a tier when you're knifed. One in a Chamber is where you start with one bullet with a M1911 and you get one more bullet for each kill.

Sharpshooter cycles a random weapon every 45 secs, you get perks for every kill and eventually a scoring multiplier. You lose the perks when you die and you have to earn them again. Sticks and Stones is a rubbish game mode where you kill enemies with a Crossbow, Tomahawk and Ballistic Knife. If you have the skills to handle these weapons, Stick and Stones might be fun for you. Top 3 gets money and it's the best way to earn money to buy goods like weapons and attachments. Everyone else would lose money but hey, it's like gambling so don't complain. You lose some, you win some!

Dolphin Dive is unbalanced, the idea of dive to prone while still maintaining accuracy is the reason for so. Some balancing issues, connection problems and crappy game modes makes this Call of Duty not as good as Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare but it's still better than World at War. Zombies is also really fun and it's probably the best feature in Treyarch's Call of Duty. It deserves a much higher score than 6.0, which is the average score from metacritic users. If you missed out on Medal of Honor so that you can play Black Ops, you've made the right decision.
  24. Jun 16, 2013
    After my friends told me to get it to play online with them I decided to get my first Call of Duty game. Lets start with the story. The story is definitely at least a bit confusing and without playing world at war some minor things have probably slipped past me but it is solid and you do want to know what happens. The gameplay is extremely generic, standard FPS with a good selection oof guns and some action set pieces to add some flavour. TThe multiplayer modes are where you can have the most fun with fun game modes and an addictive levelling system but I don't know how some people are able t prestige so many times without getting tired of it. Zombies is a fun game mode that's best enjoyed with friends. Overall a good game thats not revolutionary in any way but still pretty fun for a little while Expand
  25. Jun 8, 2013
    Not bad, but I think they could've done better with this one. The story is okay, but I didn't care for it. The graphics are pretty good at least. Multiplayer is decent, but I question the 'class selection' in this game; in game currency only works in GTA, not much in CoD MP. I do give props to Treyarch for being original with this game, but I still think IW makes better CoD games than them.
  26. Jun 6, 2013
    I think the first Black Ops is the only Call of Duty that I really liked, I thought it was damn solid in all it's three modes. But keep in mind I still haven't played the original Modern Warfare. Since the game is based around three distinctive modes I'll divide them up.

Campaign:
    Something that I think is not appreciated enough about this game is it's excellently written story, I
    thought it was a very good story and the twists and turns were great. I think it would translate nicely to a movie due to it's shortness. The campaign does suffer a bit from being very linear and scripted, I will say that some scripted moments are actually quite thrilling and fun however. So I surprisingly really liked the campaign of Black Ops, shocker.

Multiplayer:
    Call of Duty is of course only known mainly for it's multiplayer, I'm not big into multiplayer games but I had a pretty good time for a while with it. I thought it was pretty well balanced and the maps were pretty varied and well designed. It is pretty satisfying to get a long kill streak as well.

Zombies:
    I was never very good at the zombies mode in Black Ops, but when I played it with friends it's such a blast. The maps are giant and filled with things to do and unlock. It's over the top and that's why it's so good.
  27. May 16, 2013
    the best cod ever no cod will beat it sorry infinity ward
  28. Apr 27, 2013
    The only CoD game I've really liked. The campaign is clever, with twists and characters you begin to like. Multiplayer is very functional while still remaining fun. Zombies mode is... Probably the most fun you can have with a controller. Treyarch should be applauded.
  29. Mar 25, 2013
    10-Presentation; The story is the best in the series, and the menu's are well laid out as always.
    10-Graphics; Everything looks excellent.
    10-Sound; Everything sounds excellent
    9-Game play; AI is still a little dumb, but everything else is excellent.
    10-Lasting value; There's tons to unlock, and it will take you forever to do so.
    Overall-10/10
  30. Mar 21, 2013
    In my opinion, this is the best game in the series. I agree the graphics aren't as good as Modern Warfare, but the story in this game is much more complete and thrilling than any other CoD game out there. The voice acting is great with a top-notch cast of Sam Worthington, Gary Oldman, Ed Harris, and others. Don't let your friends tell you different. This game is worth at least taking a look at if you haven't already. Expand
  31. Feb 9, 2013
    A very fun shooter that while feeling very similar to the modern warfare games, expands a creates a much more appealing game with a little bit more of a focus on fun rather than realism. The campaign mode is great and has a great story and the multiplayer is samey fun with some fun maps. The zombies mode is great but due to there not being an ultimate game of the year edition of the game in order to experience the full zombies game you'll have to purchase $60/£40 worth of DLC which is way too much for the amount you're getting. Expand
  32. Jan 13, 2013
    The only thing that really keeps this from going any lower is that it has split-screen multiplayer. Meaning its fun to get a bunch of mates round, create your best loadouts and go ape **** on a bunch of AIs. The single player here consists of walking down corridors and streets shooting foreigners as the charge towards. Its bland and deserves not to be included in the game. Zombies and multiplayer are both satisfying. But lack the innovation other games have. Expand
  33. Jan 3, 2013
    Call Of Duty the black ops series are the best of CoD,it has zombie mode that is much like a horror survival and the campaign it's just great,the online is a big hit and addicting as hell i can tell that much.
  34. Dec 28, 2012
    This was the first mediocre CoD game introduced to the franchise for me. It barely changes a thing from MW2, and the game just looked and felt terrible. I grew to like the game a little more as I progressed, especially with the improved and interesting Zombies mode, but it was still just an average game with many flaws for me. The weapons were really lazily created by the developers, with a lot of 'clone' weapons of just copy/pasted statistics but with a different skin. Famas was also overpowered beyond proportion. The technical optimization on this game was also executed horribly. They did fix quite a few problems with previous games in the series though, so I'll give them a point for that. But then again, they've just spawned some entirely new problems of its own. Overall, a 'meh' game with a few extra selling points, but still nowhere up to the standard of previous instalments in the series. Disappointment. Expand
  35. Dec 26, 2012
    This is really weak. I guess all who rated this game above a 6, gave it that rating only because of the Zombies mode. I however would like to look at the entire game and the price that the game is at. First of all I'd like to say something about the campaign. The camp in Call Of Duty: Black Ops is amazingly boring. It is a lot worse that any other game in the series, and this is a series that focuses more on multiplayer. Not one character in this game is memorable, all guns seem pretty much the same, and all maps have either a very dark, yet remarkably dull appearance, or a lighthearted and empty appearance. When it comes to the multiplayer, I think Infinity Ward should have been brought back to do this. They did a good job with map design in MW2 and I can mention at least five maps I enjoyed playing in it. In Black Ops however, there are few memorable maps. The two only maps that are actually fun to play at are Nuketown and Firing Range. Weapons in this game is no improvement either. There is a very small selection of secondary weapons and the only ones worth using are the CZ75, RPG and the Crossbow. Although I can understand that they removed shotguns as secondaries, it does make having a secondary weapon seem a bit like a waste. Out of all the primary weapons I could only find three I cared to use, as those three were the only ones that actually made sense to use: Spectre, L96A1 and AUG. Shotguns are really bad when facing many enemies, and they should be fully automatic if they were to be useful. Light Machine guns are going to get you killed. They are hard to aim with and takes forever to reload with. If you were so unlucky as to meet an enemy while reloading, you have to knife the enemy and begin the process over again. Even with Sleight of Hand, this is a bother. Most Snipers are really weak, and will not kill your enemy in one shot (unless shot in the head), that, combined with the very small maps in this game, makes a game that should be fast-paced, very slow. Finally the Zombies mode. To sum this one up quite quickly I'd just like to say this: If you like Zombies, you do. If you don't, you don't. It's that easy. IF possible, don't waste your money on this unless you are an absolute addict and you love Zombies. Go for MW2 or Black Ops 2 instead. Expand
  36. Dec 18, 2012
    More balanced than MW2 but less impressive in terms of visuals and guns. It does boast the best campaign story seen in a cod game. Zombies are meh.
  37. Dec 2, 2012
    Treyarch has fixed most of the problems from the previous Call of Duty games, they have removed death streaks and balanced the guns. Overall they fixed most of the negative things of the previous CODs but did not add anything new.
  38. Nov 28, 2012
    Great game! I was hesitant when I learned Black Ops was set in the 70s or 80s but I was pleasantly surprised. There is a nice variety of maps, all of which are very nicely designed. The guns are noticeably different in how they handle, and there are some new kill streaks that are fun and can be very rewarding. I would put this game on par with MW2, though they are both very different games.
  39. Nov 23, 2012
    How do I put this gently:
    -Boring campaign
    -Boring multiplayer
    -Useless killstreaks
    **** graphics
    -Guns that feel like toys
    -Cheesy voice acting
    -Crappy Community
  40. Nov 21, 2012
    Treyarch finally tries to change the formula in COD. Of course you can argue COD points failed - but more importantly, COD was different for the first time in a while. There's a definite feel in Black Ops that is different from it's Predecessors. IW just made the same game with MW2 - Black Ops may not be perfect, but it's certainly a very good game, in and of itself.
  41. Nov 14, 2012
    One of the worst shooters I have ever played. The game feels so old now and just boring as hell considering I have played the game in various iterations since 2007 with Modern Warfare. This game is abysmal and after reading the scores from all the gaming site and mags I realize that Activision are still playing for high reviews and milking it's customers all the way to the bank.

Don't
    buy this game, it's not worth your money, unless you have a simple mind and like playing the same game, year in, year out with no changes at all. Expand
  42. Nov 1, 2012
    If I could rate the Zombies too I would give this game a 9...the zombies were an amazing fun addition and could be a game on their own! Bops as its know is by far the best COD game ever developed...MW3 was not my style at all.
  43. Oct 14, 2012
    The campaign is great. The storyline setting in the cold war is awesome and i can't say anymore because i don't wan't to be a spoiler. the multiplayer is rock solid and the contracts system is great. Nothing wrong with this one...
  44. Oct 11, 2012
    It's good, okay. OKAY? Are you happy? I'm admitting it, it's good. I used to rag on COD gamers for the absolutely low quality of story and gaming that their games provide. Campaigns that were almost silly in nature, almost obsessive amounts of high-tech military ordinance, and some of the most obnoxious gamers on the planet. Then I finally picked it up. OKAY, alright, it's good. Are you done making fun of me? Don't get me wrong - most of what I've already mentioned applies. The campaign of Black Ops - while intriguing - is really dumbly written, and a bore, exploring uninteresting hypothetical conspiracy theories that have been gone over ten-thousand times before. Furthermore, there are no "black ops" in Black Ops. the term itself, black ops, harkens to devious military operations performed in secret. Something about an all-out helicopter assault on a battleship in the Gulf of Mexico doesn't strike me as very secretive, nor does blasting out the Vietcong with The Rolling Stones blaring from your in-chopper headsets. Yes, I am being serious - that is how ridiculously cliché Black Ops manages to reach. However, the game is very polished, the sound is very good - as to be expected. But the appeal is absolutely the online multiplayer. As said, yes, it brings out some of the lowest of the low from all walks of life to the same table to combat each other. You'll spend much of your time listening to people name-call and teabag each other. Does this lower the quality of the multiplayer? Absolutely not. As much as it dreads me to admit, Black Ops has undoubtedly some of the most competitive multiplayer experience offered in any game on the market to date, far usurping the competitiveness seen in the Halo franchise. The ranking and prestige system is very well designed, customization features allow for very different and varied gameplay, everything is fast paced and competitive, and it can constantly draw you back for a match or two. It's good. And I'm done complimenting Black Ops. RAGH, damn you EA. You won me over. Now quit being so **** Expand
  45. Sep 17, 2012
    I own this game on both 360 and PS3 and the of course PS3 version has lag and frame rate issues. Other than that the campaign good twice (for veteran). Zombies is probably the reason to buy this (along with the DLC). and MP is solid.
  46. Aug 21, 2012
    Black Ops has a great campaign with a realistic plot this time around (MW2, we're looking at you). The Multiplayer is addicting and fun, as always, and it packs a new game mode, wager match.
  47. Aug 17, 2012
    A great Fps game, it's exactly what you expected it to be , just another COD, and granted that's all it is.. Except a few more features, different maps etc.. The visuals are great, the sound track is great too, the sound is definitely a big, being able to hear where gun shots come from through surround sound or headphones really immerses you into the game.. Zombies is what really did it for me, buying a new DLC every month was a bit much, but there is so much fun to be had killing zombies online with strangers, yelling and arguing, beating your friends kill count 100x, being called a noob by a 10 year old, many hours of entertainment there.. Expand
  48. Aug 17, 2012
    Black Ops haves an addictive multiplayer, and a memorable story mode. Zombies is a blast fun that you will have, but the problem is the unimpressive graphics and glitches. Overall, the game is worth buying, and, for sure, I recommend for everyone, especially for the fast paced gamers. 85 out of 100.
  49. Aug 1, 2012
    A solid game that does not deserve nearly as much praise that it gets from critics. If you have played any cod after cod 4 you have played them all. It's time for trearch and infinity ward to stop milking the cash cow and create something fresh.
  50. Jul 25, 2012
    A definite improvement of World At War. Black Ops took the one aspect of its predecessor that we loved, the Zombie mode, and built on it, making it perhaps even more worth buying the game than the multiplayer. Speaking of which, the multiplayer has definitely improved, now matching its counterpart Modern Warfare, and finally, unlike many fps games nowadays, it does have an well crafted plot, with an interesting albeit predictable twist. An overall fun game that fights the general stereotype that franchises are often ruined by sequels. Expand
  51. Jul 11, 2012
    Huge let down. Exaggeratted. Graphics are not impressing. Multiplayer is fine, but campaign SUUUUUUUUUCKS. The story is completely STUPID. If there is one thing that rescued the game then its the Zombies, which is pretty fun. thats why i will put 5/10. if there were no zombies, i would've gave it a 2/10
  52. Jun 7, 2012
    I thought Black Ops was a good game. It had its multiplayer issues, which where fixed by the amazing support team at Treyarch. I find that Black Ops Multiplayer was bashed because you couldn't quickscope, which I can to an extent. The map design on Black Ops was very good. The Campaign of Black Ops was very good, it made me feel like I was in the Cold War, and I had fun playing it.
    Zombies is arguably the best part about Black Ops, I would have to sort of agree. Although I liked Zombies, I spent most of my time playing multiplayer and enjoying it on Black Ops. Expand
  53. May 27, 2012
    One of the greatest games I have ever played. Works flawlessly on my PS3. Graphics are great, co-op zombies gave me hundreds of hours of epic lol's and good times!
  54. May 10, 2012
    Not the best COD. Multiplayer is very disappointing with bad maps and terrible weapons. But I only got it for ZOMBIE!
  55. Apr 16, 2012
    I thought games were supposed to be fun. What a **** mess. Still better than mw3 though. Cod is dead I have little faith in this franchise now. The only thing that saves this game for me is the campaign and zombies.
  56. Apr 14, 2012
    Black Ops was and still is the most unique Call of Duty title since COD 4. This game brought quite a few fresh ideas to the table. Combat training and player customization were great additions to the multiplayer experience. That being said I found the multiplayer experience to be rather stale in this game. Patches made the game pretty balanced but that didn't take away the fact that this game was lacking some of the pizazz of past titles. Many of the maps were boring and dull. Zombies made this game for me and the DLC only made that better. Being able to play with three other buddies makes for a whole lot of fun. The campaign was fun and rather fresh for a COD title and an FPS in general. This game is worth a rental at least. Expand
  57. Mar 28, 2012
    The reason I bought this game because of my brother begged me . I'm not big fan of either COD or BF series . I rate this 5 because of zombies and campaign story . The Black Ops isn't what I want to play , I'm not type of person who loves multiplayer ; however , I simply enjoy play zombies and campaign story . The AV cord of graphics are terrible qualify - for people , who can't afford HDMI cords or HD TVs (that's obvious , AV cable cord isn't HD qualify) , but I would like to see nice and fine qualify , not chunky graphics . Expand
  58. Mar 17, 2012
    I don't understand why Black Ops is getting so much hate. I mean, sure, this game is in no way perfect, but it definitely does not deserve to be called the worst Call of Duty game ever, as that award goes to MW2 (IMO).

The campaign in this game, I felt, was really solid. This is probably the only time I actually felt some paramount of care for the characters in the game, I also felt the
    twists in it were very very good. The whole Numbers Station part of this game was very intriguing and sent me clicking away on the internet just to find more about them. The missions themselves were sometimes grading, yeah, but they're still very solid, missions, especially the ones with long stealth segments. Also, I really like this campaign because Reznov returned. I just cannot get enough Reznov in my Call of Duty. He is simply one of the most uber characters in any Call of Duty game, and having him in the game made it about 20x better in my eyes.

As for the Zombies... it's Zombies. Nothing more really needs to be said, other than the maps were improved, the weapons were improved, and the overall feel of Zombies were improved. Very solid game mode.

And now the Multiplayer... this is the place where most of the hate spawns from, and I can understand why. Now, by no means is the Multiplayer bad. I mean, come on, it can't get any worse than MW2, but the lag issues, some of the OP weapons, like the FAMAS and the AK74-u, and a lot of the more nitpicky stuff like Ghost does by no means drag the Multiplayer down to being MW2 bad. It still retains the fun factor that World At War had, despite the lag issues. But still, it is one of the weaker Multiplayer modes, so don't jump in to Black Ops expecting the awesomeness that was MW1 or World At War in your multiplayer.

All in all, the game is very solid overall, but the Multiplayer drags it down to a seven. Good show, Treyarch.
  59. Mar 14, 2012
    I now have gotten around to my feelings on this game, after a year and a third of playing it. At first, I thought this game was crap, with a very inconsistent hitmark system and very ridiculous kills. Now, however, after playing MW3, I think that both myself and a lot of other players are Back In Black. The is confusing at first, as it is a series of flashbacks. After playing it a few times, though, I get the gist of it, although it still sucks. Zombies is not my cup of tea unless I'm with friends, as it requires a lot of communication and understanding of how to survive in the maps to actually get far and have fun, until you eventually start just talking 'bout random stuff because you're just hoarding zombies until they overwhelm you. However, Treyarch took the biggest risk in Multiplayer, with a complete overhaul of the overall system. You can buy all perks after level 4, using money you get as a tenth of your xp each game. You also use this money to buy guns you have unlocked, and like perks, all equipment, lethals, and tacticals are unlocked once you create a class. The maps give you more variety than MW2 or MW3, with an Array of different maps that have been tailored to one gun type or another. The killstreaks are much harder to get, which I love, so that you're not bombed by YET ANOTHER PREDATOR! The guns also take ever so slightly longer to kill with than the other games, which increases you're chances of living. Also, the perks are much more balanced, and Tomahawks are amazing. Overall, a great game for the money. Expand
  60. Mar 14, 2012
    Call Of Duty Black Ops is a great and compelling game, It really brought me into the singleplayer, at the moment I am at a really game turning point and I can't wait to get home and continue. The zombies CO-OP is back and better than ever with new maps, perks, guns, zombie AI and character scripts, it has been improved greatly from WAW and will always live on. Multiplayer has the be the most realistic I have ever seen, thank god for ridiculously overpowered perks that MW2 brought brought in and noobtubers have also been delt with plus the F****** quickscoping is also gone, I don't mind the currency thing either. Overall a great game and I would recommend it to all. Expand
  61. Mar 14, 2012
    black ops was overhyped and terrible. it felt like w@w and mw2 combined, and basically no new features except new guns and graphics. the campaign was absolutely SHOCKING! CoD is starting to go downhill... BATTLEFIELD FTW
  62. Feb 24, 2012
    Hi it's TheGamingStar here and just to tell you a review about this CoD game in the franchise by treyarch. This Call of Duty has a great game mode ZOMBIES!!! The lack of IW was crap cause IW is better then treyarch. The Multiplayer in this game lacked and so did the Campaign. The game had better killstreaks then some of the others like Attack Dogs and RC-XDs which were really great.
  63. Jan 30, 2012
    While I did not enjoy this game as much as Modern Warfare 2, I feel compelled to write a review after playing Modern Warfare 3. Yes, Black Ops has its flaws, but after playing Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer I wish I would have saved my money and kept Black Ops. It took all of the good parts of World at War and Modern Warfare 2 and melted them together into an exciting multiplayer. The theater feature is pretty cool, and its actually functional, unlike Modern Warfare 3. If you own this game and are thinking about trading up to Modern Warfare 3, don't make the same mistake as me. Keep Black Ops and you'll enjoy it much more. Expand
  64. Jan 21, 2012
    Black ops is a perfect mix with succesful content from previous COD. Campaign: Short but its know for some people!! a little 6 hours and played this gam out!!! But this is perfect for trophy hunters short campaign with lots of trophies!!!!!!!! Zombies: just as the WAW version is pro , but now with nicer gfx cooler weapons and much more makes it more awesome!!!! Warning:(its very addict able)

Multiplayer: is like COD MW2 its awesome but it seems to be copied!!!! everything looks just as MW2
  65. Jan 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Alright, I'm not going to bore you with an unnecessarily long review. So, I'll just get straight to the point: Call of Duty Black Ops is a good game. It's not perfect but it's not a failure either. It's just a good first person shooter made for people who like first person shooters. This one follows the Modern Warfare formula by stepping away from the past several WW2-era renditions in the CoD series...sort of. The missions take place during various time periods in the 1960s and 70s, including the Cold War, The Vietnam war and others.

Gameplay is pretty standard. If you've played previous CoD games, you'll know how to run through all the controls pretty quickly. The campaign mode is a little short but I suppose that's been a staple of most of the recent CoD games. Multi-player is pretty comprehensive and customizable. You can customize your characters and weapons, even repaint guns, add clan tags, camo, secondary functions, and abilities, etc. Its easy to level up by playing with bots but your progress won't count when you play in live multi-player deathmatches. Black-Ops has off-line and on-line multi-player and supports 4-player splitscreen, and includes the Zombies game that first appeared in a past CoD game. However...there is no offline or online campaign co-op. That to me is a disappointment.

There is also one major technological gripe that I have which I think many people have over looked: The game supports 720p HD....not 1080P....and that means if you're like me and have a 1080p tv, you will not be playing in full screen. This only affects co-op/split-screen modes. If you're playing locally with a few friends, you'll notice that Black Ops compensates for this by putting black bars on either side of the screen, thus shrinking down the gameplay screen and making everything smaller. Now that 90% of the world have 1080 HD tvs, this seems like a stupid oversight which I hope can be patched in an update but I'm not holding my breath.

Sound is great- gunshots and vehicle sounds are excellent. You really feel like you're in a war zone. Textures could have been improved. Some of the guns look like cartoons. Overall, if you want a good shooter, get this game. It remains to be seen whether multi-player will survive or continue to be supported now that Cod Modern Warfare 3 is out.
  66. Jan 12, 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops was a terrific game. It is a sequel to the 2008 game World at War and has much of the same character. Black Ops is based during the Cold War, and has many weapons to match the time period. It consists of three game play modes: Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies. Campaign was comprised of a rich, well thought out plot, centering around Alex Mason. It has many good levels, and the graphics are excellent. The Multiplayer is very different from Call of Duty's previous game, Modern Warfare 2. Instead of leveling up and unlocking guns, you must buy them with the new COD Points. They also have many new weapons and attachments, like the crossbow. Zombies is great and is very enjoyable and it just never gets old. However, there were two downsides. One was that the AI is incredibly stupid. I mean seriously, you can't get much dumber. The other one I had was with a glitch in Combat Training, a new addition to the Call of Duty Multiplayer which allows you to practice the maps with the AI which you can play with a friend. When you start, it puts you (and your friend) on a different team. When I try and switch to the same team as my friend, it switches from the usual six players on a team to eight, meaning that the other team had seven originally. All in all, this game was very good and I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys shooter games or the Call of Duty series. Expand
  67. Jan 6, 2012
    While single-player is fun, the story and gameplay can get very dull and un-exciting. Multiplayer is full of game modes and weapons/equipment, but the game is filled with constant lag and occasional glitches/bugs(PS3 version). BUT, if you are looking for a game to play co op with your friends, there is always the "zombies" game mode which can keep you hooked for days. Overall, the game is fun, and does have its downsides, but whats worse is that the PS3 version is filled with lag and glitches in multiplayer Expand
  68. Dec 29, 2011
    COD: Black Ops is overall pretty good. I am an up-to-date movie critic and I am starting to do the games I own on PS3. The multiplayer was O.K., the setup took a while to get used to. The zombies was very addicting and fun. Then, the campaign. Any negative reviews for this game are because of the campaign! It was horrible! In every mission, there is about 12 minutes of talking, and only 3 minutes of playing! The storyline was also screwed up and didn't make sense. Expand
  69. Dec 26, 2011
    black ops is teryachs best cod yet it destroys world at war and it beats mw2 mainly due to mw2s sorry campaign its not bad but compared to the other cods poor. anyway black ops has a fantastic campaign and zombie mode is brilliant online its about even with mw2 but brilliant grahics action and a new different great protoganist i cant wait for black ops 2 in 2012
  70. Dec 25, 2011
    Call of Duty: Black Ops is another great entry in the classic shooter series. Let's get started. Campaign: Modern Warfare 2 has a superior campaign, but it's still clever like the Call of Duty campaigns are. Multiplayer: It's always great, but becomes repetitive and the maps are not as good as they usualy are. But it's too addicting to say no, it's still great. Zombies: I love this, it's clever, updated, and I love the maps. I'd buy this game for Zombies alone.

Overall, it's another year another entry, but that IS a good thing, we always want more in this addictive series. It's quality is far higher than the horror of Private Nickels. -gags-
  71. Dec 22, 2011
    the campaign rocks ...................................multiplayer is good ............................zombies is addictive in the beginning but after some time its boring............................................................
  72. Dec 19, 2011
    Call of Duty polarises the gaming community. With the release of the original Modern Warfare it was first cool to love it, then as it's success spilled over into admittedly complacent sequels, hating on the franchise became the order of the day. Personally, I enjoy the accessible controls and fast pace of the games, yet I can still see the lack of innovation with each instalment, including MW3. Black Ops, in my opinion, is a different beast. From the immediate presentation changes such as a faux interactive title screen to the revolution of the franchise's trademark levelling system, it's obvious Treyarch listened closely and attempted something different here. I think it was a bold move for this series and especially the "2nd developer" involved and I applaud them for it. The campaign alone is diverse and more narrative than ever, with an authentic Snake Eater-esque feel for the Cold War era.
    Multiplayer also delivers, with more customization and control over progression than ever before. The lack of exploits and glitchers online is also a welcome reprieve. Zombies I personally don't enjoy compared to other survival game modes but critical acclaim elsewhere speaks volumes for that. A genuine score.
  73. Dec 17, 2011
    This game is overall ok. Cod needs a new engine. They are still using the same assets for previous cods.

The single player was bad. Multiplayer was meh, but the zombies are amazing.
  74. Dec 8, 2011
    I don't understand the reason for such negative reviews. Black Ops is a good game. It's fast paced, generally balanced, and more flexible than previous COD games. Does Black Ops still have some nitpicky issues? Yes, but overall, the game gave me the most fun I've had gaming since COD 4, and that's what counts right?
    ...
    Singleplayer is ok. The story is interesting and brings back Reznov
    from WAW. This is my main criticism. To connect the stories of the 2 games, I think more characters should have appeared. Namely, Polonsky should have returned as a Black Op. WAW's story already felt pretty detatched, and not bringing any characters back makes it feel even less connected. I will also say I really tried to play through on veteran, and specific chokepoints were just to hard. It's even worse than moments in COD 4. To be fair though, no COD game can match the greatness of COD 4.
    ...
    Multiplayer is where it counts, and Black Ops manages to deliver the COD experience with enough innovation to make me play it over the other games. The currency system is a love or hate kind of thing. I personally like the flexibility of buying the weapons and attachments I want. Contracts are unlikely to help you strike it rich, but are interesting to challenge yourself if nothing else. Weapon balance is a bit off at times. The Famas and AK74 are common sights due to their overpowered nature. Though, to be fair, 3arch has shown they are willing to fix their game, unlike IW MW2 disaster, and has patched the Famas to nerf its effectiveness. There's a 0 tolerance policy to cheating and boosting as well. Once you're reported, you're banned forever, and this is the main reason I prefer it over the other COD games infested with this scum.
    ...
    Zombies is fun as well. you only get 2 maps without DLC, but they're quite easily the most fun. The style is a lot different than WAW. You can't back into a dead-end and expect to make it far. It took me a while to get used to, and I still kinda suck, but it's so fun I have no complaints at all.
  75. Nov 30, 2011
    Black ops is just an other **** from Treyarch. When it came out i thought it would start a nuclear war. I think that black ops is more strange than flying horses. The only fun stuff in black ops is Zombies. Treyarch du just copy infinityward:s games like when they did copy black ops from modern warfare 2.
  76. Nov 27, 2011
    The previous game to the garbage game of this year, there is no difference I have been playing the same experience for over three years now. Black Ops is by far the worst CoD ever done compared to the others either way, all the CoD apart from MW1 are garbage. Horrible , ugly graphics make this game to not go outside by how ugly it is. And Activsion on the other side launching endless of expansions before MW3 cameout, good strategy to win money all year A-hole's. Expand
  77. Nov 21, 2011
    It's hard to appreciate how good and innovative this game really is until you go and play another online FPS. Before reading my review understand that this is the first Modern Warfare game I played. My previous online FPS experience comes from Unreal Tournament, Quake 3 and the Halo series.

I'm not a huge fan of single player games in general, but I have to say I have quite enjoyed the
    campaign so far. It does a very good job of setting the scene on drawing you in, and has a fair bit of variation which you really need in these sort of games.

The Innovations I spoke come in the multiplayer mode, and there are 2 that stand out, 2 that I believe are as important to the genre as Goldeneye made the analogue stick. The 1st is the instant replay of when you're killed. It's so frustrating in FPS games when you just seem to die for an unknown reason and sometimes you'll just assume it's a glitch or your own team killed you. Aside from adding a good tactical advantage of knowing where you were killed from, it also adds to piece of mind. The 2nd innovation the the levelling up system. In previous games I've played in Halo you just get a higher rank and get to change the look of your character, but in BlackOps (and I'd assume the rest of the series) you get to buy new weapons and perks for your character as well, adding a whole new reason to keep playing online. I'm sure this will be developed even further by future FPS developers.

A few annoyances of the game are that if you're playing on a small tv or in splitscreen mode it can be very hard to see people, and also the opposition look similar to yourself so you often just walk past someone on the same team as you before turning round and knifing wildly after realising who they also. Also the killstreak part of the game is a brilliant addition, but it does tend to make the good people great, and the bad people worse. Defeating someone who is better than you is hard enough when they don't have a helicopter at their disposal.
  78. Nov 21, 2011
    This is a fantastic game. The single player is immense and the multiplayer is the most wonderful thing I've played since the original CoD4 MW. The new MW3 feels like a predecessor compared to this game. Treyarch really know their stuff whereas it looks like Infinity Ward have become complacent.
  79. Nov 17, 2011
    awseome game, they really out did themselves.took cod to a whole new level in my opinion. great job ..everything frome the campaign to the zombies , to the multiplayer. each one is a own unique level of fun.what will yall do next?
  80. Nov 17, 2011
    Simply its crap garbage and used stuff put together in a sloppy job. ..................................................................................................................
  81. Nov 14, 2011
    Black Ops was pretty refreshing after MW2! I loved the customization they put in game! And Wager matches were cool addition too. Zombies were ok for me since I am not big fan of that. Graphically it's on pare with MW2. Story was pretty cool. If you missed this game You might wanna check it out now since it's cheaper!
  82. Nov 13, 2011
    What an awful game, multiplayer is plagued with framerate problems which is making it almost unplayable. It's not as smooth as MW2 and MW3 which are running at 60fps. The best part in this game is single player which is quite good. If you're buying this for multiplayer, steer away!
  83. Nov 11, 2011
    It's now Nov of 2011 and the huge title MW3 was just released a few days ago....... and guess what...... It **** sucks!!!!! worst cod online experience yet! That's actually why i'm here right now on this Black Ops page...... I just wanted to say that I **** love Black Ops and that it **** all over not only MW1, MW2 and MW3, but Infinity Ward and that other CO. involved in that disgrace of a cod game MW3! Treyarch I love you and really think that you should be the 1 and only developer involved in making COD games..... PERIOD!!! When you make Black Ops 2 which i'm sure you're in the process of doing now, please keep all the great things from Black Ops! Don't change it!!! Just make it better!!! Expand
  84. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is great. Whe i first started playing it I thought it was weak. After a while of getting use to it and after multiple updates, it developed into an awesome game! It is very balanced. The one thing they need to fix is spawn points. Its annoying, but not an issue.
  85. Nov 9, 2011
    Other than being able to play with bots with your friends this is the worst of the CODs.Multiplayer is stale and the story is so dull I never even finished it. Not really worth the money to be honest. Oh and I still have zombies.
  86. Nov 8, 2011
    My friend had a PS3, so I played "COD: BO" in his house. I played every console there is for Black Ops (except for the DS and Wii), and I could conclude that the PS3 version was slightly better than the PC and Xbox version. The controls are smoother and the frame rates rarely drop. However, its the Play Station that makes up these points; the game itself is a solid copycat of MW2.
  87. Nov 8, 2011
    While I do have fun overall with this game, the series is beginning to get stale. I'm starting to think that it is the same game repackaged with different box art and a slightly different story.
  88. Nov 6, 2011
    Black Ops had a pretty compelling story, but the problem I felt with it was that the ending just made me go "Meh." Now don't go me wrong, along with the addictive zombies and a fairly good multiplayer, Black Ops can have you hooked on the screen for hours, but small things like server issues and small annoyance I find within the spawning systems and such, Black Ops comes of a just medicore. Not that bad or that great just all in all, decent. Expand
  89. Nov 1, 2011
    how to make your own copy of black ops: 1 reach into a trash can
    2 put it all ingredients in a cd
    3 enjoy
    this needs to be 150 characters long so hold on... done
  90. Oct 29, 2011
    Horrible. This one's for all the CoD fangirls trying to rate down BF3...you get a 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000...Just like the number of innovations MW3 will have since the last ten thousand Call of Dootie's. Expand
  91. Oct 27, 2011
    Minimum effort has been put into this game as the technology has been recycled from modern warfare 2. You could basically get this game as a mod on pc for modern warfare 2. It is that bad.
  92. Oct 27, 2011
    Never published a review online before but felt absolutely compelled to do so after the bitter disappointment of this game. First off: the campaign. For me, too many moments where I had to wait for things to catch up (I was left shooting hundred of enemies on own until the game clicked in with the next objective on one occasion); graphically I think itâ
  93. Oct 23, 2011
    call of duty black ops was a very big dissapointment to me. The graphics werent good lots of frame rate and texture issues. the multiplayer was really fun. the only fun i had was in the campaign. the campaign was one of the best in all of call of duties.
  94. Oct 13, 2011
    Nothing revolutionary. Yet nothing bad. Black ops delivers a good singleplayer campaign with a interesting story and a fun multiplayer experience. Not as ground breaking as Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare that's for sure.
  95. Oct 12, 2011
    Black ops.......mmm is a good game,no much mw1 is best the history of the campaign is good but no so good.His multiplayer AWESOME.Zombies=NO GOOD,dont have realism you cant get on of a table or other thinks but is good for my metascore=91
  96. Oct 3, 2011
    This game has super fun online! The story is not too great but we have MW2 for that! No no no, this game is all about zombies and online, which are both flawless, GREAT BUY!
  97. Sep 26, 2011
    I was really disapointed in Black Ops. It's the same game as last year with minor tweaks to multiplayer. The campaign was as usual stale and boring, and multiplayer is riddled with cheaters and hackers. The "Report a Player" system is abused way too much.

Graphics have not changed since Call of Duty 4. The only thing keeping the game afloat is the Zombies mode, I do think they are very
    entertaining.
    However the new map packs cost 11.49GBP each, which makes them the most expensive DLC to date.

Treyarch need to start upping the graphics and make the game much better.

In multiplayer the grenades do nothing, even when they are directly in front of the player.
  98. Sep 17, 2011
    yeah the online multiplayer is okay. it reminds me of halo. FILLERFILLERFILLER FILLERFILLERFILLER FILLERFILLERFILLER FILLERFILLERFILLER FILLERFILLERFILLER FILLERFILLERFILLER FILLERFILLERFILLER FILLERFILLERFILLER FILLERFILLERFILLER FILLERFILLERFILLER
  99. Sep 14, 2011
    We all know what to expect out of a COD game, so if you've played one then you know how it plays and feels. What it really boils down to is story, presentation, multiplayer, and level design.

The graphics are great, and the level design is incredible at times, but the story bounces around ALOT! You'll be all over the map, and not that it's a bad thing because one moment you're in a
    jungle, the next you're in the arctic on an abandoned ship.

The story has some very strange twists in it, think Fight club sort of. There are some great set piece battles to be had in this game, but the story is all over the place so it does get really hard to follow sometimes.

The multiplayer is where it's at for me in this game, and that's not usually the case for me in COD games, but with zombie modes and clever stage design, I found myself lost for hours in co-op and competitive online play.

It's not knocked out of the park though, let me explain. I had frequent bug problems in the campaign that really made me angry and had to play stages several times. There is a trophy for escaping a stage with 2 min. 15 sec. on the clock which I had to do almost 5 times to get it to register.

I also had a glitch/bug that I thought was part of the game that turned out to be one of the most disturbing and gruesome scenes I've ever seen in a game.

Without any spoilers, your players sanity seems to be in question at one point and I realized that. I entered an area of the game and there were dead bodies hanging all over the ceiling and from lights, even hanging on walls !

I was blown away! So I asked a friend who had played what he thought about that gruesome part, and he was totally baffled at what I was talking about when I explained it. So I went back to that part to show him, and it was totally different !

Glitches aside the game really is fun, it might not be totally as beautiful as MW2 is, but it's personality totally makes up for it. Black ops is one of those games you'll hear 2 extremes on, people either really like it, or really don't. Me I like it..flaws or not, it's fun and that's why I play.
  100. Dec 6, 2010
    Black Ops is cool. It's cool to own it. It's a COD game. It's good. Nuff said. Treyarch did well his time. It has awesome theater mode, better online multiplayer, better everything.

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops still represents one hell of a hefty package. It's bursting with hundreds of hours of entertainment that caters to every conceivable configuration of gamer out there, be they an adversarial gamer, a co-op connoisseur or a staunch offline soloist. [January 2011 p60]
  2. Jan 18, 2011
    By dint of obstinacy, Treyarch delivers probably its best with Black Ops Call of Duty to date - but probably not the best in the saga.
  3. Jan 16, 2011
    There are more highlights in the first two missions of Black Ops, then in Medal of Honor. The requirements of Treyarch seemed to be better, than in the past few years. They made an interesting setting. In addition, there's a nice zombie mode and an overwhelming multiplayer. No doubt, this is Treyarchs best Call of Duty ever!