2.5

1. Nov 5, 2013
    As one of the more ambitious Call of Duty titles, I expected a lot from this. The trailers, the demo, they made up room for something really big, something that would keep this milked franchise up and about, but no. It failed. Miserably.

Apparently, the only ace Call of Duty has against it's rival, Battlefield 4, is that it has a fairly decent campaign. It's fairly long, it has a handful of heartwrenching moments here and there, and the family dynamic is very present. The dog sections are also fun, obviously tearing someone's face apart has always been fun. Character development is also alright, I guess, and the voice actors are goddamn good. Stephen Lang, Brandon Routh, Kevin Gage, three very established Hollywood actors. They never failed for once. However, that doesn't really change the fact that the game lacks of innovation. That it's still the same rehashed game, with slightly improved graphics and, oh, a dog. The multiplayer is about the same, and the Levolution-like feature they decided to implement barely makes any difference. The size of the objects you could bring down in Battlefield 4 was huge, like skyscraper huge, while the only objects you can bring down in Call of Duty are a pile of logs, a lamp post, and a gas station.

Overall, Call of Duty is a half-decent game. However, I still suggest you don't get it immediately and wait until the price drops. If you're a FPS fan, save your money for Shadow Fall which is coming recently.
  2. Aug 27, 2014
    By far the worse CoD. Usually i tend to love the same formula when it's a good one. This time around Infinity Ward created a bland and confusing campaign and the Online...
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    PRESENTATION: Well, as good as ever. If it was for the presentation i'll give my usual 9 to the CoD series. GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION. ONLINE: What is this?
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION.
    ONLINE: What is this? IW picked up the (great) idea of Treyarch pick 10 system and they managed to build a very confusing progression system. The maps were all pretty forgetable. Undoubtedly the worse online experience to the CoD series. And character selection? Drop it please!
    They better get i right the next time. I was expecting highly of Ghosts especially after the excellent BO2 but Infinity Ward f***** up this time.
  3. Dec 26, 2013
    Being a fan of Call of Duty myself, I had started playing around the time of Black Ops 2. However, I started with World at War and have been making my way up. After the great improvement in multiplayer from Black Ops 2, I was expecting Ghosts to bring great improvements to the series. However upon playing the multiplayer, I was torn between sides. Although I did appreciate the ability toBeing a fan of Call of Duty myself, I had started playing around the time of Black Ops 2. However, I started with World at War and have been making my way up. After the great improvement in multiplayer from Black Ops 2, I was expecting Ghosts to bring great improvements to the series. However upon playing the multiplayer, I was torn between sides. Although I did appreciate the ability to customize the characters, many things were odd to me. The largest sources being the small amount of killstreaks and the miniscule 6 man teams I did not realize until now how odd a match can feel with a few players. There were some things that I enjoyed though. I found the graphics to be a great improvement over Black Ops 2, and I did enjoy the much smoother player movements with the slide and easy lean out of cover. I played Battlefield 4 before this and I am glad to find a much easier leaning mechanic. I also found the campaign to be enjoyable up until the end. Warning the ending is open and most likely means there will be a Ghosts 2, and hopefully they improve these mistakes. I also have noticed a few bugs such a a friendly freezing in place with his arms stuck out like a hidden in Garry's Mod Prop Hunt, however it fixed itself quickly. Simply put.

Story: 7
    Presentation: 8
    Multiplayer: 5
    Co-op: 7
    Weapons: 8
    Total: 7
  4. May 3, 2014
    I have waited for so long for that game and when i tried it i was so disappointed about it.There was a lot of good critics about it,so i wanted to buy it.The graphics of the guns are really ugly and the gold colour ew!The campaign is actually pretty good but the online play is just really weird ant the modes are not good at all.
  5. May 31, 2014
    The campaign is good
    But the multiplayer sometimes is really slow and tha maps are huge
    The mechanics of the game for me are good enough but the multiplayer is still without dedicated servers and with such powerful guns the connection can be devastating for the experience At last if its your first cod you will have fun but if you have been playing cod for a long time you will find out
    The campaign is good
    But the multiplayer sometimes is really slow and tha maps are huge
    At last if its your first cod you will have fun but if you have been playing cod for a long time you will find out soon enough that this the worst cod ever made
  6. Sep 6, 2014
    Well, lets get started on ghosts, The story sucked ass... Lets be honest, The graphics where better than black ops 2 but pretty damn crap considering when this game was made. The Multi-player was fun for an hour, the only fun thing I find doing on it is on local split screen, me and my friend verses 10 enemy bots, the max of bots you can have.
  7. Sep 5, 2014
    The game feel like a stepback from previous titles, because you really miss things like muting all players just my pressing SQUARE + X, camos for your all your secondary camos, including diamond camos and the new "3D moving" DLC camos Afterlife and Weaponized 115. The Campaign was O.K, but still felt like a stepback because of the different ending that Black Ops II had.

BO2 was a much

BO2 was a much better game in my opinion, there you felt like a badass soldier with rock music playing in the background and you just run around kicking ass. That's the Call of Duty people miss, Ghosts is slow and unfair, because when you have such a low TTK everything will rely on who's got the best connection. If you for example play a game in Europe together with a host from the US, you will have a very bad time playing.

Ghosts is playable, don't get me wrong, but it's much less noob-friendly than previous games so if you are between noob and above average you will have a hard time playing against pro players. If you are really, really good at COD, you might want to buy this, but still, I think you should wait until the price drops. This game isn't worth $59 at the moment.
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    Why can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. NowWhy can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. Now for the online review. Not much lag, which is nice but connecting to rooms has been an issue, as always. The game has more customizations available but honestly I could care less. The online play is the same old fast shooter loaded full of pre-pubescence kids trying to my mother while dropping the N word every other sentence. Its annoying. This game deserves a 5/10. Same different year. Goodbye COD. Expand
  9. Feb 2, 2014
    Ghost is Call of Duty's last leg. The campaign is very good and well executed. However, the multiplayer gets boring after a while and is nothing special. Any other game mode I didn't mention is also bad, starting with the fact that I can't even remember what it is called. Bad sign.
  10. Nov 20, 2013
    Wont say its a great game... single player experience was disappointing.. feels like the old modern warfare or black ops... extinction was good idea but only 1 map... gets bored soon... multiplayer is ok... but the spawns need to be fixed... is too chaotic... i like the new reward system though...
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    The commercials for this game were way more exciting than the real thing. First, let me start off by saying that I did not get the opportunity to test the online multiplayer, I only experienced the offline multiplayer along with extinction and the campaign. I do realize most consumers purchase the series for the online and could not care less about the offline features, however, the onlineThe commercials for this game were way more exciting than the real thing. First, let me start off by saying that I did not get the opportunity to test the online multiplayer, I only experienced the offline multiplayer along with extinction and the campaign. I do realize most consumers purchase the series for the online and could not care less about the offline features, however, the online experience should not determine the fate of any game. If I could have just as much fun playing a 5 year old Call of Duty with my buddies online as I would this, then there isn't much new to compare.

For the offline features, three of my friends and I were immediately disappointed to find that offline co-op was limited to only two players. This came as a surprise, considering the four-person offline multiplayer and four-person zombies in 2012's Black Ops 2. Overall, the new class building system along with the create-a-character were nice additions, but it was a shame that four of us could not play at once. The inclusion of bots a la Black Ops were a nice addition, and the ability to have 12 total players was a nice improvement from the 10 total from Black Ops 2 offline. I just wish one more thing brought over from BO2 was the four person experience.

Like every other Infinity Ward Call of Duty, the campaign is convoluted and linear, My friends and I only played for about 2 hours into it, occasionally switching off upon deaths, and we unanimously agreed that the story was just not all that interesting. Granted again, no one really buys the COD games for the story, it's just a shame that it could not build upon the additions from last year's game.

Lastly, Extintion is perhaps the most ambitious (and 'new'!) feature in Call of Duty: Ghosts. However, if you're at all familiar with the 'Zombies' adventures from previous Treyarch titles, Extinction will not be nearly as fun or satisfying. The PS3 version feels gimped as a next-gen title, often looking muddier and chunkier than even Black Ops 2.

Not once does this game exceed my expectations; the story is just as linear and confusing as ever, Extinction is a creative yet failed attempt at succeeding 'Zombies', the offline multiplayer experience is terribly limited by the ability to only play with two players although the new changes in the class system are really a nice touch, and lastly the overall graphics and feel of the PS3 version feel heavy and less-than-stellar. I give this game a 5/10.
  12. Nov 17, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts was a huge disappointment. The multiplayer is the same with a few tweaks, the Squads mode is fun but it gets boring after a while. The campaign is okay, their are some good parts like when you play as the dog Ryley and the ending is great, but the rest of the game feels rushed and boring. The Extinction mode really surprised me, it is the best thing about this game, inCall of Duty: Ghosts was a huge disappointment. The multiplayer is the same with a few tweaks, the Squads mode is fun but it gets boring after a while. The campaign is okay, their are some good parts like when you play as the dog Ryley and the ending is great, but the rest of the game feels rushed and boring. The Extinction mode really surprised me, it is the best thing about this game, in my opinion it is better than the zombies mode in the Treyarch games. The thing that really bothered me about this game is that the graphics dont even look improved, even Black Ops 2 looks better than this game, it looks the same as Modern Warfare 3 and that game came out in 2011. I wouldint recommend buying this game at full price, but if you do buy it on the Playstation 4 or Xbox One. Overall Score 68/100 Expand
  13. Nov 9, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty. This time Infinity Ward is up to bat, and they take more than a few pages from the Treyarch handbook. A new four-player co-op mode with a crazy theme, a pick ten and currency system for multiplayer, and a campaign that has characters and a story that you can (mostly) follow. All of this sounds great, and this is truly the most ambitious Call of Duty toAnother year, another Call of Duty. This time Infinity Ward is up to bat, and they take more than a few pages from the Treyarch handbook. A new four-player co-op mode with a crazy theme, a pick ten and currency system for multiplayer, and a campaign that has characters and a story that you can (mostly) follow. All of this sounds great, and this is truly the most ambitious Call of Duty to come from Infinity Ward, but somewhere along the way they botched everything making this the worst COD since Modern Warfare 2.

The campaign just plain sucks. It's got a great story even if it can get a bit muddled at times, and the characters are fantastic. I truly came to care about Logan and Hesh and despised the main antagonist. However everything falls short from a gameplay perspective. Firefights are tedious, some sections just feel like they are on rails, and level design can be horrendous. All of this makes for a campaign that's just no fun to play, which is disappointing considering how good it all sounded when I heard about it. But no one buys COD for the campaign, they buy it for the multiplayer, which unfortunately fall short as well.

It's clear that Infinity Ward did at least try to add some changes to the established multiplayer formula. They did it by borrowing the currency and pick 10 system from the two Black Ops games and adding their own twists. These additions don't save the game, but they end up being better than nothing. they also added larger maps, which somehow end up managing to be too large for their own good. Thanks to the increased size of the maps there are long stretches that you'll spend looking for someone to kill, rather than actually killing someone. It also makes death feel a little cheap when someone kills you not by skill, but simply because they were lucky enough to stumble up on you before you could stumble up on them. Some new modes are added but they end up being throwaway and you'll most likely stick with the regular established modes. All in all multiplayer still provides some minor thrills at times, but all these new changes end up hurting the experience rather than helping it.

The games new attention on co-op modes is great, outside of the lame "Squads" mode that is really only worth playing if you're new to COD multiplayer. Where Infinity Ward manages to strike gold is with it's new "Extinction" mode. This new four-player cooperative mode takes notes from Treyarch's popular zombies mode and has you fighting waves of aliens while completing various objectives. It's the best part of the game and you can spend hours playing it with friends.

In the end though one good mode can't save the overall package. It can be tedious to play at times, and the new changes can't shake the feeling of deja vu and end up hurting the overall experience. The campaign is dull and tedious. The multiplayer is is dated and the dog killstreak is overpowered. The cooperative mode is good but can't save the game. This is a huge disappointment and feels like a step back for a series that needs to move forward in order to keep fans. It really is the worst COD in years.
  14. Nov 9, 2013
    Campaign- Generic Story, Terrible voice acting, Awful dialogue and took me 4 hours to beat.

Squads- Nothing innovative here, it's essentially combat training with smarter AI. Extinction- Actually had fun for a while but it got old fast. It's no zombies. Multiplayer- Easily the worst in the series. The map design in this game is awful but don't get me wrong, there are some maps I

Extinction- Actually had fun for a while but it got old fast. It's no zombies.

Multiplayer- Easily the worst in the series. The map design in this game is awful but don't get me wrong, there are some maps I like. You have no time to react when shot, you die VERY quickly. S&D, CTF and Hardpoint are gone for whatever reason and those were the only game modes I found enjoyable.

Infinity Ward doesn't care about their fans, that's why they release the same game over and over. I'll stick with the Treyarch CoDs', they actually innovate and try new things.
  15. Nov 17, 2013
    First some background which might help other readers who are unsure of whether to buy this game some context. I'm a big fan of Call of Duty Multi-player and have played them all since COD4 and have prestige capped most of them. I generally play Domination or Demolition and am aggressive at going after the objective (and I can't stand people who play objective game modes and ignore theFirst some background which might help other readers who are unsure of whether to buy this game some context. I'm a big fan of Call of Duty Multi-player and have played them all since COD4 and have prestige capped most of them. I generally play Domination or Demolition and am aggressive at going after the objective (and I can't stand people who play objective game modes and ignore the objective)! I generally get ~10 caps a game on Dom and maintain a >1 KD ratio I am not pro or elite by any means, just an amateur who plays for fun.

Of the previous games my favourites in order from best to worst are: Black Ops, Black Ops 2, World at War, COD4 (I played this one the least), MW2, MW3.

Perhaps it's just the way I play, maybe it's because I play objective base game modes, but I never quite gel with Infinity Ward COD games.

So here we go, first the worst stuff (all in just my opinion other opinions are available!):

- The maps. The maps are huge! I mean really massive, it feels like playing Battlefield and you're expecting to see other players in maps. It takes ages to run from one side to another, it's like a military marathon simulator! I understand that nextgen consoles (PS4 and Xbox One) will support 9v9 in COD Ghosts and the maps are probably fine for 18 players. But they are way too big for 12, which means that Activision and IW have really short changed their loyal fan base on current gen consoles. Also I'm not sure why there is no 9v9 game mode previous CODs had Ground War which supported 18 players, it really feels like developer laziness to me.
    - No tactical insertion. I realise that this is a matter of choice, but I love the tac insert and when you’re playing objective game modes, I think it’s a must have on your loadout. However couple the huge maps with no tac insert and domination becomes a very dull game mode. Spawn at the back of the map, run for ages across the daft huge map towards B which you are losing to the opposition, get sniped by an unseen sniper, sigh and repeat…
    - No EMP grenade. There is a “9 Bang” which concusses enemy equipment, but you then still need to go and take the sentry gun or whatever out and I think the 9 Bang is so named because it takes 9 minutes to fully arm, by which time you have generally been killed.
    - No Ping Lag indicator on the score screen. I have also maintained that if you have a good ping, you’re going to have a good gaming experience. With all COD games (even my favourites) this has been a mixed experience as games are hosted on a players’ PS3 so sometimes you can have a great ping and other times awful but at least you could see how bad your ping was and then act accordingly. You might choose to leave if it doesn’t get better or play more defensively. In Ghosts IW Activision have simply removed the ping meter in a huge backwards step. Now you can’t see how bad things are!
    - No Theatre Mode! What?? Why? This is just total laziness there is no reason to remove this feature.
    - The minimap now seems to be all but useless. The new stackable UAV (Satcom) system means that there is generally nothing to see on the map. The UAV has always been a hugely powerful killstreak and in Ghosts it has been nerfed in a horrid way.

On the positive side, I have enjoyed:

- The hit detection hit box seems better than other CODs.
    - The gunplay is good and plays a lot like COD4.
    - There are some interesting decent gameplay modes.
    - The player setup, amount of options and sheer number of perks available is impressive.
    - The Squads mode and Extinction modes are both fun.
    - I’ve heard single player campaign is ok but I never bother with COD campaigns.

Overall if you’re a sniper or a camper this is a good COD for you. Also if you’re a very fast twitchy player that can run and gun with a high KD and you have a good net connection, then you will probably enjoy this.

Also I think the experience may be slightly different on nextgen consoles with 9v9 modes.

Personally this is the last Infinity Ward COD I will be buying, this and MW3 have been hugely disappointing for me. From now on I will be buying a COD every other year when Treyarch brings one out ;-)

Hope this review is helpful.
  16. Nov 20, 2013
    I am a Big COD Online player, Conclusion Online Ghost is very bad... Maps to big, weapons bad.. engine is exactly the same as MW3 (that was also a very bad Online game) My Opinion is Black Ops all the Way!!
    Black op 1 and 2 was the best online shooters of all Plz gamers continue to play Black Ops 2 so I am!!
  17. Nov 26, 2013
    Personally I loved every other Call of Duty, generally all had a relatively good campaign, good multiplayer, and good graphics for their generation, but this one seems to fall back on dedicated fans to simply buy the game because its the newest edition in the long run of COD games. The campaign is lazy, simply using this as a basis for a sequel, Also moving into the general title andPersonally I loved every other Call of Duty, generally all had a relatively good campaign, good multiplayer, and good graphics for their generation, but this one seems to fall back on dedicated fans to simply buy the game because its the newest edition in the long run of COD games. The campaign is lazy, simply using this as a basis for a sequel, Also moving into the general title and belief that you might act like a "ghost", its just wrong, this game has less stealth than Left for Dead simply run in and shoot is not only the best option but your only option (excluding a few remote control devices and a drone. The drone is the dog Riley. There is no emotional attachment to the characters willing me to play on to 'see what happens'. and the multiplayer just isn't as action packed as its predecessors using maps which are far too open for anything intriguing to happen, probably just trying to show off next gen hardware. The only redeeming quality is that it is from the COD franchise and you can still have a bit off fun with friends, but for the solo gamer I would avoid it like the plague. Expand
  18. Nov 30, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts lived up to my expectations (Which were low) ,It had some Good and Bad things to the game.

Campaign: Was Mediocre I won't spoil anything but I have to say that it's not that exciting,plus gotta love how they say Fish A.I is next gen. Multiplayer: Nothing to special, If you liked MW3 You're definitely gonna love this part of the game my first reaction "MW3 with a

Multiplayer: Nothing to special, If you liked MW3 You're definitely gonna love this part of the game my first reaction "MW3 with a paint job :)"
    (Loved the trailer for multiplayer probably because of Eminem-Survival).

Extinction/ Sqauds: Saved the game for me. NUFF SAID

Verdict: 5/10
  19. Dec 22, 2013
    I have a lot of mixed emotions about this game. It just seems like there is so much bullcrap. There are very few hit-markers, which isnt so bad, but there is absolutely no chance for you if you get shot from the side or from behind. And then the dogs.. 5-kill streak, you get a dog, and that thing is so annoying.. i play this game daily and it seems like its getting worse as the days go by.I have a lot of mixed emotions about this game. It just seems like there is so much bullcrap. There are very few hit-markers, which isnt so bad, but there is absolutely no chance for you if you get shot from the side or from behind. And then the dogs.. 5-kill streak, you get a dog, and that thing is so annoying.. i play this game daily and it seems like its getting worse as the days go by. I would not recommend this game to a friend. Expand
  20. Mar 7, 2014
    The game isn't as bad as many people are saying. Some drastic improvements have been made, during in game, they've worked on weapon balance, spawns, etc.

But even though they tried COD: Ghost is still yet another game like the rest of the Call of Duty series, It's been copy and pasted, and given a few improvements. I played a decent amount of the game, but after about 4-5 hours

I played a decent amount of the game, but after about 4-5 hours online I began to find that the game is just to repetitive, which now it's just left with the rest of the games I got bored of.

COD: Ghost could have been an awesome game! But again the developers got lazy, and just stayed to the same formula(Which is good yes! But after 5 or 6 of the same games with the exact same formula, it's time for an improvement! In example: Valve does a good job with keeping the same formula, but making each of there games fascinating at the same time) In all, I suggest you just wait until the price drops, since $60 is way over priced for a game that's only been slightly improved.
  21. Mar 18, 2014
    I'm not going to sigh in disgust at a game that presents itself fairly well and provides a good few hours of entertainment. And that's where it falls of its pedestal. After trying the multiplayer demo over the weekend the thrill had gone and I had no desire to carry on with the multiplayer. I found that when I was about to go back on it I was asking myself "why are you not playingI'm not going to sigh in disgust at a game that presents itself fairly well and provides a good few hours of entertainment. And that's where it falls of its pedestal. After trying the multiplayer demo over the weekend the thrill had gone and I had no desire to carry on with the multiplayer. I found that when I was about to go back on it I was asking myself "why are you not playing Assassin's Creed or Battlefield". In other words what this game needs to do well is no other games in the entire world that are good. Then I'll play it again. But until that fateful day there are just too many other good alternatives to distract me. Some may say to do the single player campaign, but from the perspective of a guy who's played every CoD campaign since Finest Hour, I find myself asking "How different can this one really be?". Oh the enemies are speaking Brazilian? Yawn. At first they were speaking German, then Russian, then German again, then English. Some re-textured enemies are not going to convince me to fork out £40 on a mediocre (at best) game. And the campaigns all have the same structure. Lot's of death, a big explosion, another big explosion, a big gun you get to play with for 30 seconds and to finish off the level a big death filled explosion. Pretty much anything that will attract the attention of any adolescent teenager within a five mile radius. It's silly, over the top action that you could get from an 80's movie. Now, I'm not saying by any means that Battlefield 4's single player is any better because it's not. Or the fact that Assassin's Creed 4's multiplayer is better, because it's not. But switch them around and you have two longer term alternatives (AC4 offers a breath taking single player experience and Battlefield has enough of a reputation online to speak for itself). Ghosts is an average game and in a market where there are not stunning, ground breaking games coming out on a regular basis, I just don't see the appeal in a game where the main new feature is women followed by fish that get out of your way... Expand
  22. Mar 27, 2014
    Objectively it's a good game. It's fun and anyone can pick it up and have fun playing it because it's so simple. However that is one of its main issues. The game can get repetitive and boring after a while of playing online and the campaign is too easy it feels like i'm strapped into a roller coaster. It's a nice how you can be going guns blazing at one point in space and then go allObjectively it's a good game. It's fun and anyone can pick it up and have fun playing it because it's so simple. However that is one of its main issues. The game can get repetitive and boring after a while of playing online and the campaign is too easy it feels like i'm strapped into a roller coaster. It's a nice how you can be going guns blazing at one point in space and then go all silent spec ops killing dudes quietly, but I feel as if though I got no control. It feels like if it's all done for me and i'm just supposed to watch. It's too linear and scripted. The story is a bit weird too. I feel as though i'm the bad guy. I mean the U.S builds a doomsday device in space and the world is supposed to do nothing while the U.S. has a doomsday device hanging over everyone's heads. Also the countries fighting you have a good reason to fight you. They had been oppressed, impoverished, and exploited by the U.S for years. This game just feel like a cliche patriotic xenophobic movie like Rockie IV. Expand
  23. Apr 9, 2014
    To be honest,I had high expectations for this game but it went down the drain. The maps are too damn big and the storyline seems stupid if they're not making another ghost cod ghost 2. There's also a lot of glitches. But the multiplayer is sort of fun. That's why I rated this a 5,not a 2 or 3.
  24. Jul 2, 2014
    There's so many things wrong with this multiplayer gameplay & that unwanted PS3 version of extinction. The campaign really impressed me all the way though.
  25. Aug 9, 2014
    This is perhaps the worst game in Call of Duty history. Despite an improvement in Multiplayer functions, "Ghosts" singleplayer is the same Linear based formula that got old after Black Ops. It's Extinction Mode is clearly derivative, seemingly ripping off Treyarch's Zombie Mode, and incorporating themes from the "Alien" series of movies into the game. The DLC is whimsical and stupid, andThis is perhaps the worst game in Call of Duty history. Despite an improvement in Multiplayer functions, "Ghosts" singleplayer is the same Linear based formula that got old after Black Ops. It's Extinction Mode is clearly derivative, seemingly ripping off Treyarch's Zombie Mode, and incorporating themes from the "Alien" series of movies into the game. The DLC is whimsical and stupid, and not worth the money. You'd be better off buying Battlefield 4, because I guarantee you will be disappointed by this lackluster title to the Call of Duty franchise. Expand
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    This year had alot of ups and downs. Call of duty ghosts are right in the middle of this. Call of duty has great multiplayer and classes, but the maps are way too big and the game itself is too complex for most of the gamers. We don't want a game where you've got to research to find a good class, it is all about the gameplay. Also, single player was a disappointment. The whole campaignThis year had alot of ups and downs. Call of duty ghosts are right in the middle of this. Call of duty has great multiplayer and classes, but the maps are way too big and the game itself is too complex for most of the gamers. We don't want a game where you've got to research to find a good class, it is all about the gameplay. Also, single player was a disappointment. The whole campaign lasts 5 hours (Which is longer than battlefield 4's single player, where that campaign lasted 4 hours)! Overall, Call of duty is not the best of the franchise, but is a enjoyable game. Expand
  27. Dec 28, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty. Let's make this clear: Ghosts does NOT suck, yet it isn't the best CoD; not even close. The campaign was just mindless fun, like the previous campaigns, yet I was disappointed overall, as the trailers had more emotion than the story itself. Characters could have been developed more. One reviewer said that this is the longest campaign in the series, yetAnother year, another Call of Duty. Let's make this clear: Ghosts does NOT suck, yet it isn't the best CoD; not even close. The campaign was just mindless fun, like the previous campaigns, yet I was disappointed overall, as the trailers had more emotion than the story itself. Characters could have been developed more. One reviewer said that this is the longest campaign in the series, yet it lasted for 5-hours, again like the previous games.

Now onto the multiplayer, which everyone is mainly concerned about. Aside from customizing your own soldier, there is nothing really new. It's the same multiplayer. And what I hate is that everything is available for use, as long as your gather up enough points. What happened to this weapon being unlocked at this level, etc?

Extinction mode is also fun, but it can't save the entire package.

In the end, Ghosts is not bad, but not good. And it certainly isn't worth $60. I only got it because my bro got it for Christmas. If he didn't want it, I wouldn't have got it either. Wait for the price drop.
  28. Nov 7, 2013
    Ghost is definitely a low point in the Call of Duty series. The gameplay has been slowed down tremendously die to the bigger maps. The maps are designed well, they just are to big for the amount of players on the field. The weapons feel decent and the controls are the same but it just doesn't have the COD fast paced gameplay that the series is known for. Overall I give it a 7.
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    I played this game in Local play in which i always do for every call of duty to check out guns and maps and stuff. The game isnt that bad i would say. I always loved the format that MW2 and MW3 had. Glad they changed from that BO2 garbage. But the Graphics are just bad man. But you have to realize the game was not meant to be released for PS3. And i still dont get why people would rate aI played this game in Local play in which i always do for every call of duty to check out guns and maps and stuff. The game isnt that bad i would say. I always loved the format that MW2 and MW3 had. Glad they changed from that BO2 garbage. But the Graphics are just bad man. But you have to realize the game was not meant to be released for PS3. And i still dont get why people would rate a cod game without them adding any patches yet. You duty players should know this by now Jesus.

Didnt try the story yet but im not that big of a call of duty story fanatic. I just do them for the trophies and thats it.

O yea and by the way......the scorestreaks look like they are going to be really OP. Hopefully its not as bad as I think they are going to be.
  30. Nov 20, 2013
    Uurgh! Another year, another COD game. There was a time when the release of a new COD game felt special and exciting but that time has long since passed. What you're getting here is the usual overly chaotic and short single player campaign complete with a constant bombardment of jingoistic nonsense and military jargon that attempts and fails to add meaning and gravitas to the reason you'reUurgh! Another year, another COD game. There was a time when the release of a new COD game felt special and exciting but that time has long since passed. What you're getting here is the usual overly chaotic and short single player campaign complete with a constant bombardment of jingoistic nonsense and military jargon that attempts and fails to add meaning and gravitas to the reason you're murdering hundreds and hundreds of enemy soldiers. It's a decent FPS sure, as most of the COD series has been, but there just aren't enough new ideas to justify buying what is essentially the same game EVERY year.

It's the same with annual sports games: if you feel like you're getting your money's worth here then go for it, though most people probably won't. If you're a die hard COD fan (of which the number of these is steadily and thankfully dwindling) you've probably already bought this. If it's been a few years since your last COD, and you feel like dipping back in, then this is as decent an entry in the series as you're likely to get, just don't expect to feel like you've missed much, because you haven't.

As far as the multi-player goes, which to be fair is the main reason you should buy a COD game, I don't think it's ever felt as stale, with a notable lack of changes or new ideas, but again, you have no reason to be surprised or disappointed with what you're playing here. The user score for this particular entry is extremely low, and I feel this is as even the die hard fans are catching on that they're not really getting anything new anymore. I've tried to balance the score for this entry on its own individual merits and as part of an annual series. Yeah! AmErIcA! Everyone is our enemy! Whoo! Inside U.S. good! Outside BAAAAAD!
  31. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, here we are! New Call of Duty game! This message contains spoilers, so be careful.
    For me, "COD: Ghosts" is TOTAL FAILURE.
    All this months, Activision make a decision, that new CoD will be revolutionally for it's series. From all trailers and etc. we thought that it was true. But, then release date comes, we all see that it all was wrong.
    Okay okay, graphics become better, for first time since MW1. "Very big" progress. "New engine we have!" Activision says. Really? I don't see something new: same sounds of bullets, some gameplay.
    Single player story for me is in just one word- WTF?!
    Some badasses destroy USA using space sh*t. Okay, okay, okay. It looks epic- apocalypse, and again in USA.
    10 years later, and people still have good life with army. WAT?! After massive apocalypse USA still has army with vehicles? Are you kidding me? And a storyline of 2 bros... argh, it's so typical. Storyline looks very bad and illogically.
    But the laughest think to me- is dog. Activision make a lot of advertisements, Internet make a lot of memes. Activision make development diary. And it's all for JUST 2 MISSIONS? WHAT? All this days Activision says that dog is "SUPER TROUPER". But only in f*cking 2 missions.
    Multiplayer remains at it's level. And now MP becomes boring: same f*cking thing all years.
    Activision needed to stop producing CoD series or change everything in game if they wanted to return respect.
  32. Nov 5, 2013
    I enjoyed the new coop ideas. Squad mode was a nice addition and it brought me back to the days of playing Call of Duty 2 against all my buddies split screen (before you could sprint!). I can understand why they didn't change many of the ideas from the previous MW titles. It's a franchise that has made billions of dollars so far, so why risk changing the formula? I get that it is intendedI enjoyed the new coop ideas. Squad mode was a nice addition and it brought me back to the days of playing Call of Duty 2 against all my buddies split screen (before you could sprint!). I can understand why they didn't change many of the ideas from the previous MW titles. It's a franchise that has made billions of dollars so far, so why risk changing the formula? I get that it is intended for PS4 and Xbox One but I still would have liked to see some graphics updates for the PS3 side of the house. I enjoyed the title, but like so many others have said, nothing new here. Expand
  33. Nov 7, 2013
    What I Found which DISAPPOINTED me GREATLY:

- Very boring maps - Map sizes are WAY to big for a mere 6v6 - ONLY 6v6 no more 9v9 - CRAP graphics - BORING killstreaks SOME ARE TOTALLY USELESS for example HELO sniper STAY AWAY GUYS!!) - boring weapons + Side: - Fun new game modes, Crank most fun to play IMO - Mounting over walls system - Squad mode is fun - Allows those who
    What I Found which DISAPPOINTED me GREATLY:

+ Side:
    - Fun new game modes, Crank most fun to play IMO
    - Mounting over walls system
    - Squad mode is fun
    - Allows those who don't feel like playing competitive to play squad mode for a more relaxed game
    - Good AI system

Extras
    - Customization was disappointing IMO, needed more faces imo
    - CAMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP GALOOORE you will BARELY find an actual good player who runs around the map
    - Laggy Just for me i think. .
    - The new lean system seem useless to me, used it once every 10 games and slide system is also useless. Only found myself using it to race my teammate to capture a point at the start of domination and in blitz mode to enter the portal thiny
    - Extinction was disappointing IMO
    - GUYS BEFORE YOU BUY ATTACHMENTS OR STREAKS TRY IT IN PRIVATE MODE FIRST BECAUSE EARNING SQUAD POINTS TAKES AWHILE AND STARTS TO FEEL LIKE A GRIND
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty Ghosts still feels like the same game we've been playing for the past eight years. Meaning the core gamplay experience hasn't changed. The campaign felt well paced and far more emotional then previous titles. I hated the Black ops 2 campaign but felt right at home with Ghosts. Explosive massive large scale warfare and fantastic action. can't help but feel like iv been hereCall of Duty Ghosts still feels like the same game we've been playing for the past eight years. Meaning the core gamplay experience hasn't changed. The campaign felt well paced and far more emotional then previous titles. I hated the Black ops 2 campaign but felt right at home with Ghosts. Explosive massive large scale warfare and fantastic action. can't help but feel like iv been here before though. Yes it is becoming a little stale but at least its fun, which is what the fans want. Call of duty is like a packet of barque chips. They taste great for a while, then become a little tiring. Overall the I had fun with the 6-8 hour campaign. COD is meant for small doses of adrenaline filled fun. I mainly play with my buds on a Saturday night, screaming into the mics for a few hours and hooked up with bottles of Mountain Dew. Multilayer obviously hasn't changed except for the new dynamic maps, guns and new game modes. To be honest the maps don't even feel all that dynamic, a bus falls off a cliff...cool. The maps are far larger this time round which definitely keeps the game with slower paced matches but takes much longer to find enemies. The score streaks have also been balanced out. Now you won't be shot down by stealth choppers every 3 minutes. The Multilayer is greatly balanced out now and the new map designs are great. Infinity ward also added a new game mode called Extinction. Its like Zombies but with Aliens. You get the idea. Of course the current gen versions are showing some age compared to the much better looking next gen platforms. Whichever version you choose though, ghosts is still a fairly fun shooter. Expand
  35. Nov 13, 2013
    The SP campaign is truly the worst ever. Not only is it more of the same, its actually the laziest effort to date. Frankly, i never minded more of the same, in fact it was the familiarity with COD that had kept me a loyal fan through the years. But this time, it was just too meaningless. I immediately switched back to MW3 after finishing the campaign in Ghosts just to compare the two andThe SP campaign is truly the worst ever. Not only is it more of the same, its actually the laziest effort to date. Frankly, i never minded more of the same, in fact it was the familiarity with COD that had kept me a loyal fan through the years. But this time, it was just too meaningless. I immediately switched back to MW3 after finishing the campaign in Ghosts just to compare the two and ended up playing the whole MW3 campaign and it was by no means the best of the bunch. But with Ghosts they've really let the ball drop and it feels almost offensive.
    Thankfully, the MP bit is pretty good. Not the best ever, a little too complex with maps way to big for the number of players but its less laggy than ever before and that too on a crappy 4mbps third world connection. Black Ops MP remains my favorite, but thanks to the reduced lag i'm performing way better without knowing every bit and cranny of the map like the back of my hand than i have ever before. Unfortunately that's the only plus and its not enough to redeem this pathetic effort. My score for COD: Ghosts:

SP: 2/5
    MP: 3/5

Ill still buy the next one, and the one after that, I just hope Activision will pay greater heed to the disdain they have caused amongst their fans and deliver a better product next year.
  36. Nov 11, 2013
    From the trailers, CoD: Ghosts looked like it had so much promise, building upon Black Ops II and finally moving the series in the right direction. Its a shame to say that it hasn't.

The campaign for ghosts isn't too bad. Like the MW games, its still short, however there are variety of new gameplay experiences, including space and underwater battles, and the limited opportunity to play as a dog. However, i couldn't help but feel that id done it all before: the campaign has a striking similarity to the MW games shoot a bunch of enemies, move forward, use some sort of gadget, repeat. For PS3, the visuals were pretty ordinary. I know next gen consoles are coming out soon, but it still would have been nice to at least see a partially updated engine for the current consoles. The story itself isn't bad, but not great either, and probably wont change your life or force you to think about it deeply.

For me, multiplayer was more of a disappointment. The maps are bigger, but many of them are very similar. The design doesn't really favor those who run 'n' gun, but at the same time, don't really support teamwork either. The removal of ground war means a max of 12 players as well, and in large maps, things aren't always exciting. The new modes are fun, but nothing groundbreaking.

To be fair, Ghosts isn't bad, but its done little to keep me interested in it-and its only been out a week. Personally, ive given up on Infinity Ward doing anything to revamp the series, and am only interested in seeing what Treyarch can do to try and fix it.
  37. Feb 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This COD is Disappointing, but not a bad game.
    The Main Campaign itself has Gameplay that doesn't have flaws, aside from glitches and the fact it's the same gameplay from the other COD games. The Story is a simple 'Meh', does have some nice Moments, but the ending is just atrocious, I was like... "ANOTHER SEQUEL!?, ARE YOU SERIOUS!?".
    The Multiplayer is the worst of all COD games, even though I think that the 'Create a Soldier' is cool and the gameplay Isn't Ruined or Anything. The maps are frustratingly way too big, giving an opportunity for campers. Some Weapons are Stupidly more Powerful than others, Making everyone use that certain Weapon.
    Overall, The Game is just not bad, but the worst COD ever Made
  38. Sep 13, 2014
    Too bad that after diluting the franchise with uninspired yearly releases, this game finally got many things right. The most evident one is online multiplayer, where we can finally play a Call of Duty game where the weapons are balanced. While the new marksman rifle class seems a bit overpowered, assault rifles, SMGs, even shotguns and sniper rifles, can hold their own. There's no singleToo bad that after diluting the franchise with uninspired yearly releases, this game finally got many things right. The most evident one is online multiplayer, where we can finally play a Call of Duty game where the weapons are balanced. While the new marksman rifle class seems a bit overpowered, assault rifles, SMGs, even shotguns and sniper rifles, can hold their own. There's no single "best gun in the game", and the perks can really enhance your play style.

The level of interactivity they added to the maps works in various degrees of success/failure. Seems like a little Battlefield envy worked there. Speaking of DLC, they managed to find another money-grabbing scheme: Character customization. Some Team Fortress 2 envy also made an impact.

Not everything is great in multiplayer. As equipment goes, the annoying IED that litters every multiplayer map, has become this game's n00b tube. Most of the maps are a mess. They improved the maps quality in the DLC, though not all of them are good. While they got the guns, and the perks right, the killstreaks are mostly ground based, and save the "juggernaut maniac", they are no longer fun.

The new Extinction coop mode is a good alternative to the zombies, but it's repetitive and loses its charm after several hours of play. One of the best new additions is the Squad mode where you play coop against bots, or a team of your own bots and another player's. It's less stressful than multiplayer, and even helps level up your character.

Is not worth reviewing the campaign. It's a mess and as uninspired as it can get. The interface of the game is also uninspired. There's a lack of excitement when you level up your character, make a kill, or complete a mission.

The gameplay mechanics are still the best out there. The leveling system is now better as you "prestige" a character that becomes part of your team and you can level up another.

Overall, the game feels like it's going in cruise control. It's still a little fun, but not as much as it used to be. Despite solid gameplay, the franchise completely lost its charm a couple of years ago. This is my last Call of Duty game.
  39. Feb 24, 2014
    I am going to be as blunt as I can. Call of Duty: Ghosts is a pretty mediocre game. And this comes from a guy who actually enjoys playing Call of Duty, and one who loved what Treyarch did in "Black Ops 2". But Infinity Ward, who at least tried to renovate the franchise even though still including the fast and loveable CoD formula fans love, has brought us a 60 dollar package that is aI am going to be as blunt as I can. Call of Duty: Ghosts is a pretty mediocre game. And this comes from a guy who actually enjoys playing Call of Duty, and one who loved what Treyarch did in "Black Ops 2". But Infinity Ward, who at least tried to renovate the franchise even though still including the fast and loveable CoD formula fans love, has brought us a 60 dollar package that is a little bit uneven. A great, fun multiplayer with exciting new additions, but an absolutely cringeworthy campaign and an even worse attempt to copy the successful Zombies mode from Treyarch's shoot-em-up extravaganza.
    First of all, let's talk about the campaign. They tried to sell it as an "Academy Award Winning Written Story full of heart". My ass. It is another "America, **** yeah" story with one dimensional characters and over-the-top dialogue. And the gameplay is just so boring. The missions are so linear (Except one that tries to introduce some stealth into the mix, but bad AI and level design ends up being messy) and the guns feel so similar, I thought more than once leaving the campaign and abandon it on a pile of cow feces. Still, it is not all bad. The visuals are spot on, even on PS3, and the framerate is top-notch. Too bad the voice acting makes you want to kill yourself.
    The multiplayer, with new modes and incredible map design, are the opposite. Ghosts has introduced lots of new toys for fans to explore, from verticality on the level's designs to a sort of "dynamic" appeal, which is not as dynamic as Battlefield's "Levolution" but still offers the chills. In fact, one of the new modes introduced, "Cranked" is one of my favourite multiplayer modes ever. Besides that, they added deep character customization that makes things even more enjoyable. Love it or hate it, multiplayer is awesome at Ghosts.
    Wanna know what is not awesome? Extinction mode. WHY? WHY DID YOU FEEL OBLIGATED TO ADD THIS IN THE GAME? It is an absolute mess. It is not very cooperative, at moments it is ridiculously unfair and the map designs take a turn for the worse. It is along with the campaign in the Cow feces, questioning Infinity Ward's competence.
    Buy this for the multiplayer, stay for the exact reason you bought it for. But it is not worth 60 bucks. Maybe an even 40 or 35 bucks will do just fine.
  40. Jan 12, 2014
    The latest Call of Duty is far from innovative but it continues the franchise's endlessly entertaining multiplayer. However, the campaign feels like a step down from that of Black Ops 2 and is only mildly successful at changing up the setting of the game. The new extinction mode is fun but repetitive. Enjoy the fun multiplayer and the new maps but little technical improvements are found inThe latest Call of Duty is far from innovative but it continues the franchise's endlessly entertaining multiplayer. However, the campaign feels like a step down from that of Black Ops 2 and is only mildly successful at changing up the setting of the game. The new extinction mode is fun but repetitive. Enjoy the fun multiplayer and the new maps but little technical improvements are found in Call of Duty: Ghosts Expand
  41. Nov 13, 2013
    Infinity Ward spends years making a new game whereas Treyarch pumps out a new title every year. Infinity Ward has grabbed our hearts with their previous games, although I have no idea what went wrong with this game.

The engine is horrific. I understand it's their first time having a canine companion, although the way it runs at 1mph and turns on the spot like it's on a turntable is shocking. The same goes for AI, they never fail to stand in front of your bullets and push you out of cover into the line of fire.

The story was boring, enough said. The previous campaigns have been fun, detailed and largely interactive. The basis of this games campaign is 'go there, shoot that, come back' it features only a few plot twists, that don't feel at all relevant. You don't get connected to the characters whatsoever, and you're given a brief 5 minutes introduction to them at the start of the game, which doesn't even make the player feel attached to them, unlike previous characters. The character you play as (what was his name, Logan?) doesn't utter a word the entire game, and it's utterly ridiculous. Yes, it's been done in previous games, but this time they've stretched the idea of not having him speak way too far. A mute joins an elite task force, kills baddies and regroups with his team-mates by not talking? Hmph.

Despite the abomination that was Single player, the Multiplayer aspect of the game is surprisingly well put together. Gunplay is good, maps are detailed and filled with spiots to pay around in, and there's no ridiculously overpowered guns, and they're all equally matched to different people. The character customization options are great, and allow me to physically change the face and individual pieces of clothing on my character. The only downside to Multiplayer is the lack of classic game modes, and also the fact that you can't see challenges (or operations, as they're now called) until you unlock it by paying one squad point, which is the currency in Multiplayer. So, you want to unlock that shiny new helmet for your character? Well then, let's go and see what the challenge I have to com-
    So, yep, you have to play and just hope you can finally unlock the challenge by pure randomness that will unlock whatever it is you're looking for.
  42. Nov 15, 2013
    For single player this game was really good, but it could be a little longer and there could of been more kinds of missions like stealthy, but the online is awful
  43. Apr 8, 2014
    ghost multiplayer freezes all the time, other than that I love it. Love the new maps, the operations, and the gear. It is challenging, but not difficult to play.
  44. Oct 31, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is to be considered the worst COD game. I am not a huge fan of Call of Duty because it never does anything spectacular. Ghosts is exactly what you might expect from a terribly average Call of Duty - terrible rehashed graphics, samey game-play like always and an entertaining campaign. The story of Ghosts lacks creativity and it makes you feel like you are playing anCall of Duty: Ghosts is to be considered the worst COD game. I am not a huge fan of Call of Duty because it never does anything spectacular. Ghosts is exactly what you might expect from a terribly average Call of Duty - terrible rehashed graphics, samey game-play like always and an entertaining campaign. The story of Ghosts lacks creativity and it makes you feel like you are playing an expansion to maybe Call of Duty 4. Truth is, MW3 had the best campaign in the series in my opinion, but the multiplayer lacked in many aspects; for starters it was terribly hacked, boring and sucked. Ghosts does improve on the multiplayer SLIGHTLY, but it is very hard to play the game in such terrible 2006-like graphics. Even Call of Duty 3 had better graphics, and the game was ported from the PS2 (if I am not mistaken) to the PS3 REMASTERED. Call of Duty never changes, and Ghosts is the worst in the franchise. Though you should get Advanced Warfare, it looks like the next COD.

COD 1 (seemed like a full game) COD 2 (seemed like a full game) COD 3 (seemed like an expansion to COD 2) COD 4 MW (seemed like a full game) COD WAW (seemed like an expansion to Call of Duty 2 with COD 4 gameplay) COD MW2 (seemed like an expansion to COD 4 with better gameplay and graphics) COD BO 1 (seemed like a mixed game, seemed like a standalone expansion), COD MW3 (definitely just an expansion to COD 4 and MW2), COD BO2 (seemed like a new full game, but it didn't feel like one), COD Ghosts (Crap, don't bother. Seems like $60 DLC for COD 3) COD AW (I will give it a try)
  45. Sep 15, 2014
    call of duty is a game franchise that is beginning to suffer from it's own success, with the latest instalment ghosts the story mode although interesting feels like it has taken a step back from black ops 2 in that with black ops 2 both the decisions you make and how successful you were at the missions throughout the campaign have an impact on the final outcome. the on-line mode feels toocall of duty is a game franchise that is beginning to suffer from it's own success, with the latest instalment ghosts the story mode although interesting feels like it has taken a step back from black ops 2 in that with black ops 2 both the decisions you make and how successful you were at the missions throughout the campaign have an impact on the final outcome. the on-line mode feels too similar to previous games. it is not a bad game but in my opinion add very little to the COD Franchise Expand
  46. Sep 25, 2014
    I think that its an okay game. ts not a great game but if you see it in a bargain bin at gamestop 5 years from now, Maybe you might want to try it. The campaign was really easy and it only took me a few hours to beat my first time playing through it, Plus the ending is horrible. the multiplayer is average. there are a few good maps. But none that are worth making the default map when youI think that its an okay game. ts not a great game but if you see it in a bargain bin at gamestop 5 years from now, Maybe you might want to try it. The campaign was really easy and it only took me a few hours to beat my first time playing through it, Plus the ending is horrible. the multiplayer is average. there are a few good maps. But none that are worth making the default map when you have a friend over (like nuketown from black ops 2). if you are going to get into cod. Start out with either cod 4/modern warfare, or black ops 2. Expand
  47. Oct 7, 2014
    The multiplayer is fine and fun to play with friends, but not nearly as good as Bo2. The campaign had a cool story but a little disappointing. It's a good game, but just disappointing.
  48. Oct 19, 2014
    The gameplay is decent, I'm not concerned about the "repetitive" parts, however the reason to give this game this score is the people that plays this game, this game is suppose to be for people from 17 and on, but the mainly "persons" that play this game are Kids from 8-11, so this is becoming annoying because they don't know what exactly the goal of the game is.
  49. Nov 6, 2014
    The game is overall ok. But its story mode sucks to the core. The multiplay is awesome except the extinction and squads. The graphics are good but the best the COD games are COD 4 Modern warfare and COD Black ops 2. It seems that COD Advanced warfare is awesome. Anyways this game sucks a little bit.
    I suggest you to the best COD games as I said. The guns in this game are nice but the guns in the other games are ok.
    There are big maps in this game and nice suits.The games worth it are Batman Arkham City , Assassins creed 2 and 3 and Batman Arkham Origins.
  50. Nov 9, 2014
    Didn't really like this game. I want my COD in the present day combat mode. Present day weapons, incidents, places and in the present day time-line. Or scenarios from the past like WWII or something would fare better for me than this futuristic story-lines.
  51. Dec 17, 2014
    Hi, just bought the game and started playing the campaign and the multiplayer. The feel that i got, it that the game is just as the same as Modern Warfare 2, with some improved textures and not so empty map areas.
    In my opinion, people have to realise that they can't change the CoD game engine on PS3, it's arcade like, and it will allways be. I have played Battlefield 3 on PS3, and i found very hard getting back to MW2 due to game style and graphics, so i bought this game to see if it could bring me back to the CoD shoot n' fun. Not disapointed, it's just a matter of getting used to the game and it's engine. Games are evolving to a newer generation, and that will not happen on PS3. They could change their game engine, but would it resemble to another game? Would people be happy with a futile or desperate move from Activision to keep the players? Worth my 24,99€, and me and my girlfriend will have a blast playing it.
  52. Feb 12, 2015
    I really think that this is the worst Call of Duty ever. I like the multiplayer and the graphics but I hate Extinction mode. And the story of the campaign. If Ghosts 2 comes out, I'm not buying it
  53. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  54. May 12, 2015
    Of all the Call Of Duties I've played this is the most disappointing so far. The campaign was excessively bland, with dull characters, overpowered weaponry, stupid enemy AI, and occasional bugs during gameplay, and the ending was absolutely moronic and nonsensical. The multiplayer was mediocre but not unbearable to play but it did result in the usual cheap deaths that us CoD fans have comeOf all the Call Of Duties I've played this is the most disappointing so far. The campaign was excessively bland, with dull characters, overpowered weaponry, stupid enemy AI, and occasional bugs during gameplay, and the ending was absolutely moronic and nonsensical. The multiplayer was mediocre but not unbearable to play but it did result in the usual cheap deaths that us CoD fans have come to expect, the killstreaks were unimpressive and dull. Extinction, however was suprisingly fun and incredibly intense especially later on. But overall aside from Extinction Mode, Call Of Duty:Ghosts is a uninspired and predictable entry in the CoD canon. Final score 48/100 Expand

1. Nov 18, 2013
    COD players, myself included, will still play Ghosts for the sake of having 20 or so new maps to play on over the course of the year, but in a franchise that’s the same year after year with slight changes, it’s reasonable to expect things to materially improve, not to take even a small step backwards.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    After loving the campaign in Black Ops 2, the single player in Ghosts feels like a step back for the series. The campaign felt tiresome, familiar, predictable and linear. The multiplayer on the other hand, saves the day as the tweaks to the gameplay and the new games modes make this the best multiplayer COD experience to date.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    It's a generally by-the-numbers excursion through big-budget wartime set pieces that, due to an unavoidable air of familiarity, wares out its welcome much quicker than it should.