2.5

1. Nov 13, 2013
    This is a pretty decent game, almost didnt buy it due to the negativity found on here, though after viewing the accounts linked to these 0/10 reviews and seeing that they have only ever written afew reviews, all of which are just bashing call of duty games i realized it was just sad people hating on the franchise and probably creating multiple account to do so. really dont understand whyThis is a pretty decent game, almost didnt buy it due to the negativity found on here, though after viewing the accounts linked to these 0/10 reviews and seeing that they have only ever written afew reviews, all of which are just bashing call of duty games i realized it was just sad people hating on the franchise and probably creating multiple account to do so. really dont understand why people waste their time in this way, this game is definately no 2/10 much better than mw3, and i also prefer it to black ops 1+2. Expand
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!
  3. Dec 28, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty. Let's make this clear: Ghosts does NOT suck, yet it isn't the best CoD; not even close. The campaign was just mindless fun, like the previous campaigns, yet I was disappointed overall, as the trailers had more emotion than the story itself. Characters could have been developed more. One reviewer said that this is the longest campaign in the series, yetAnother year, another Call of Duty. Let's make this clear: Ghosts does NOT suck, yet it isn't the best CoD; not even close. The campaign was just mindless fun, like the previous campaigns, yet I was disappointed overall, as the trailers had more emotion than the story itself. Characters could have been developed more. One reviewer said that this is the longest campaign in the series, yet it lasted for 5-hours, again like the previous games.

Now onto the multiplayer, which everyone is mainly concerned about. Aside from customizing your own soldier, there is nothing really new. It's the same multiplayer. And what I hate is that everything is available for use, as long as your gather up enough points. What happened to this weapon being unlocked at this level, etc?

Extinction mode is also fun, but it can't save the entire package.

In the end, Ghosts is not bad, but not good. And it certainly isn't worth $60. I only got it because my bro got it for Christmas. If he didn't want it, I wouldn't have got it either. Wait for the price drop.
  4. Dec 7, 2013
    I am a Call of Duty fan...every year...except this year. This is a cheap, thrown-together-real-quick excuse for a game is beyond disappointing. This was the year Call of Duty could have become special. Not only did Ghosts take a step back in the Call of Duty franchise, they started walking backwards. The graphics are not the best, but those are the last thing I would complain about.I am a Call of Duty fan...every year...except this year. This is a cheap, thrown-together-real-quick excuse for a game is beyond disappointing. This was the year Call of Duty could have become special. Not only did Ghosts take a step back in the Call of Duty franchise, they started walking backwards. The graphics are not the best, but those are the last thing I would complain about. The little things in COD are what make Call of Duty refreshing every year. Those little things are what made Ghosts bad. It is difficult to mute players, new leaning & sliding mechanics are terrible, and the maps are a disgrace. Other than the multiplayer, I did enjoy the campaign. The safeguard mode and extinction are hollow modes, but still somewhat entertaining. As for me, I will sell this one and hope next year is a more rewarding year for Call of Duty fans. Expand
  5. Feb 14, 2014
    I've been in Video Gaming since the late 1980's and on online gaming since 1997, with average of 4+ hours daily online gaming, technically speaking i have spent playing online gaming much more than the life of many online players nowadays.

Why i said that is to inform that i have seen almost all kind of online and offline gaming ever been created on all platforms, and i never and i mean never seen a game goes bad like Ghost.

I'm totally honest when i say, because of this game i have changed my hobby to another field and i quit gaming, as i never seen any game more disturbing and failing like this game.

Technically it is much better than all COD games, however practically it is score Big Zero with me.

I can say why, however i will be wasting my precious time on this game, i don't know if they should call it a game.

I don't know who design it, however these guys should be sacked and i mean it badly.

The only one who seem to like it is the critics, i just wonder why don't they create games for critics and other games for the rest of us... :-)

Fail bad...
  6. Nov 17, 2013
    Hello and welcome to Recycled Random Death Simulator 2013. The single player and multiplayer in this game are two completely different kettle's of fish so I will do a brief mini review of both.

Campaign mode It was a good idea to make video games like brain dead Hollywood action blockbuster movies wasn't it. And what is the best way to enjoy an action movie? For me it's watching the

Campaign mode
    It was a good idea to make video games like brain dead Hollywood action blockbuster movies wasn't it. And what is the best way to enjoy an action movie? For me it's watching the same section of movie over and over again because the lead protagonist keeps dying until I go mental and start smashing my house up. Veteran mode (hardest difficulty) exposes CoD's single player for the semi interactive cinematic that it is. No skill, no challenge no depths, no room for exploration or experimentation just do what your told when your told or die. Walk a few steps in the wrong direction ...die. Shoot someone you weren't supposed to ...die. Stick your head out of cover in the wrong place ...die.

Boring incoherent story and bland generic characters. Every level is a remix from a previous CoD game. No British characters, just all American because that's what sells. 1/10

Online mutiplayer
    Well basically it's more of the same. Some interesting new game modes like Crank and Infected which are quite good. Squads and Extinction see you team up with other players to fight AI enemies. The AI is impressive but it's not the same as fighting other human players, thankfully though you can easily ignore these new modes and just focus on the main multiplayer which as usual has plenty of weapons and perks to unlock by leveling up. The maps are decent but there aren't many of them, of course that's because Activision want to charge you for more maps later on with all the usual overpriced DLC. 7/10

Overall package
    Ghosts see's a little improvement in terms of graphics and presentation but it's so slight most probably wouldn't even notice. It's also probably the best multiplayer the series has ever had but again it's such small improvements it's basically irrelevant. If you've played any CoD since 4 then your not getting much different here. Sadly Special Ops which they ruined in MW3 with a pointless leveling up system has now been done away with completely.

In the end it comes down to how tired you are of the same but good multiplayer. With this being the seventh game in as many years it's unlikely most will find this to be a worthwhile or enriching experience. 4/10
  7. Nov 8, 2013
    same copy paste garbage every year, hope in the god lord people will stop buying this crap, the cod cycle is resumed as this: they copy, and they paste everything from the previously versions with a "new skin", every new year they do this, and so... hell yeah.. people buy like a zombie.
  8. Jan 16, 2014
    Okay. Another year, another CoD. And, I gotta say. I love this one. The story was cliche yet kept me involved. The multiplayer is the most balanced to date. And the graphics are absolutely breathtaking compared to previous installments. The weapon models and character models are cool, and I thoroughly enjoyed character customization. I love Squads mode. It's fun and hectic. And,Okay. Another year, another CoD. And, I gotta say. I love this one. The story was cliche yet kept me involved. The multiplayer is the most balanced to date. And the graphics are absolutely breathtaking compared to previous installments. The weapon models and character models are cool, and I thoroughly enjoyed character customization. I love Squads mode. It's fun and hectic. And, yeah, I guess it's a little/LOT recycled. But, hey, this is a great CoD game. And it has to be my favorite game in the series since CoD: Big Red One. Expand
  9. Nov 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unlike most of the critics and users on this page, will not judge the game by the multi-player (mainly because it was bad to begin with), so instead I will judge the game by it's single-player as that is all Call Of Duty has left.

So when I heard that the campaign will follow the USA fighting a stronger faction that has weakened them, I said sarcastically "This shall be good." But when I played the campaign, I learnt that this story is inconsistent in many ways:

1) The USA are fighting the whole of South America in this game, because as we all know, COD is about white, burly dudes being the superior race as they fight against anything that isn't white or American.

2) The South Americans are not technically stronger in this game, because they had to steal the American's Orbital satellite laser to weaken them. They also had to convince one of the Ghost Soldiers to switch sides before they had any advantage against the Ghosts in the campaign.

3) How can the US still be weak in the game, when the entire campaign I was using heavy weaponry and tanks?

4) The dog that was highly advertised in the trailers and promotional art was suppose to be the selling point, but instead was only used in two mission, and when the dog got shot at one point, everyone threw a fuss about it, meanwhile, any human soldiers that were shot or killed, non of them gave a about it.

5) As established earlier, COD is for white, paranoid idiots that like shooting anything that was not white and/or American, but in the past, at least to stick with ACTUAL enemies of the US, so trying to pin another continent as the enemy in this game seem highly hypocritical and misinforming. I'm willing to bet that somewhere in the world, there is one person who thinks the South American are the bad guys.

So COD: Ghosts is a highly inconsistent and terribly written game. I felt like I was wasting my time judging it by the campaign, because after COD 4, the COD campaigns have been getting worse, So I will end this review by judging it by the gameplay:

It's messy and boring, give it a miss...

...Wow that could of done...
  10. Jan 24, 2014
    Played , COD 1 , 2 , 3 , 4, MW2 , BO1 ... and let me tell you COD stopped after COD4 i can't believe how they are out ideas and inspiration to make a new game , ive started ghost for 5min then stopped to save same Minutes of my life time . RIP COD
  11. Nov 11, 2013
    gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etugavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu Expand
  12. Nov 7, 2013
    multiplayer maps are a camp fest BIG let down and sniping is to easy after all the good, sound hit detection ,customization of your squad. i hope this is fixed soon or im camping lol
  13. Nov 7, 2013
    Cod ghosts is the worst game ever, too many gay quickscope kids that think that they are the best ever at cod.
    dont buy this peice of crap game!!

Buy BF4 if you want a good game, as when they fix the crashing, it will blow COD out of the water
  14. Nov 7, 2013
    Nothing new here. The same campaign that I played for the past I don't know how many COD games. The "UGLIEST" graphics on the ps3 for a AAA shooter. The multiplayer maps are designed in homage for the dedicated campers of the series. I have faithfully bought every COD game for the past 4 years. I even attended the midnight launch events a couple of times. Sad to say but this one im notNothing new here. The same campaign that I played for the past I don't know how many COD games. The "UGLIEST" graphics on the ps3 for a AAA shooter. The multiplayer maps are designed in homage for the dedicated campers of the series. I have faithfully bought every COD game for the past 4 years. I even attended the midnight launch events a couple of times. Sad to say but this one im not getting. Very poorly made game. For those on the fence about this, get the game from redbox and try it out first. I just don't fancy myself spending 60 dollars on Black ops 3. Expand
  15. Nov 7, 2013
    Ghost is definitely a low point in the Call of Duty series. The gameplay has been slowed down tremendously die to the bigger maps. The maps are designed well, they just are to big for the amount of players on the field. The weapons feel decent and the controls are the same but it just doesn't have the COD fast paced gameplay that the series is known for. Overall I give it a 7.
  16. Nov 8, 2013
    they really took away the natural call of duty feel this time around, i love the new animations, and the graphical detail, makes it feel very fluent, but i can rant about the things i don't like for hours, maps are WAY to big for 6 v 6, its literally retarded, they need to add health, you don't even have time to react to people shooting at you often, the spawns are a fail, constantlythey really took away the natural call of duty feel this time around, i love the new animations, and the graphical detail, makes it feel very fluent, but i can rant about the things i don't like for hours, maps are WAY to big for 6 v 6, its literally retarded, they need to add health, you don't even have time to react to people shooting at you often, the spawns are a fail, constantly getting shot from behind. There is NO competitive aspect to this game whats so ever, and they took a lot of in my opinion mandatory game modes out. (S&D, CTF, and a few more)

AND the story mode lasts about 4-6 hours.

MY VERDICT: this game was a waste of money, and i sincerely hope for the future of call of duty, they make some massive changes to there game.
  17. Nov 8, 2013
    Uma merda... completamente lixo, varias cenas recicladas, sem contar que pede 6Gb de memoria RAM para praticamente nada. Não vale a pena comprar esse jogo, pois não condiz com o que esperávamos num game de guerra em primeira pessoa. Re comendo quem joga Battlefield continuar jogando e não perder tempo com esse fracasso. O Score diz por si só, qualquer leigo ao ver essa pontuação saberá queUma merda... completamente lixo, varias cenas recicladas, sem contar que pede 6Gb de memoria RAM para praticamente nada. Não vale a pena comprar esse jogo, pois não condiz com o que esperávamos num game de guerra em primeira pessoa. Re comendo quem joga Battlefield continuar jogando e não perder tempo com esse fracasso. O Score diz por si só, qualquer leigo ao ver essa pontuação saberá que o jogo não tem uma boa qualidade. Resumindo, a franquia foi boa até Call of Duty 4, depois disso veio caindo a qualidade. Expand
  18. Nov 8, 2013
    Jogo lixo, graficos de merda e uma das piores campanhas de cod q ja vi. Activison como sempre mercenaria e ja que tem muito ot@rio q compra essa merd@ eles continuam com a porc@ria de engine reciclada. BF owned geral!
  19. Nov 11, 2013
    this game is rubbish especially the aliens man they messed it up with how big the maps are azwell man i love like all the other call of dutys like modern warfare 3 but it messed it up big time bruda
  20. Jan 2, 2014
    They improved everything they made the story greater the multiplayer greater they improved the weapons you actually get to make your own soldier! Don't listen to the bad reviews because they're idiots so if you don't like Call of Duty Ghosts you suck!
  21. Nov 22, 2013
    I rented this to be on the safe side and happy I did. This has the be the least innovative Call of Duty game on the ever made.

Didn't bother with campaign considering how boring the last few have been. The multiplayer is just a wreck, terrible maps which are all typically close quarter having no use for a lot of the buildings or objects to jump on. Incredibly boring design, guns,

Didn't bother with campaign considering how boring the last few have been.
    The multiplayer is just a wreck, terrible maps which are all typically close quarter having no use for a lot of the buildings or objects to jump on. Incredibly boring design, guns, gamemodes, killstreaks, classes, grenade launchers being useless, terrible graphics, and snipers have awful zoom. They also have horrendous issues with the respawning on these maps right now. On top of all this, their joke of a survival mode "Extinction" is overly difficult in a boring environment with the same creatures attacking you.

Spend your money on something else.
  22. Nov 23, 2013
    Don't you guys understand? They release a new CoD game every year and have done so for the last 7 years.. You guys are practically paying a subscription fee just to play this darn game. Paying $60 tax for a game every year? They are in it to suck the wallets out of your pocket my friends...

Please wake up and take action to prevent this... You guys DON'T have to buy their newest game on a whims notice... But if you do, they'll just come up with CoD: Ghosts 2 in 2014 so... I guess I'll be seeing you in 2014!
  23. Nov 24, 2013
    This isn't your first game Activision, the lag online is terrible, you never learn. Nothing new brought to the table, generic campaign, terrible online gaming experience.
  24. Nov 28, 2013
    Was very disappointed in Call of Duty: Ghost since it promised so much difference to the last game that it released, like the new "engine" they said will make the game look and feel better, which was a lie since it still looked and felt like i was playing Modern warfare. The story is a waste of time even after the whole story about the legendary ghost that are the best killing force onWas very disappointed in Call of Duty: Ghost since it promised so much difference to the last game that it released, like the new "engine" they said will make the game look and feel better, which was a lie since it still looked and felt like i was playing Modern warfare. The story is a waste of time even after the whole story about the legendary ghost that are the best killing force on earth because of there unmatched stealth skill, which was total BS since all they did was blow up everything and tried to kill everyone whilst making themselves as noticeable as possible. I had high hopes that this game would be at least decent enough to make me want to play the next game but the game has brought in so many features that have already been put in to game so many years ago and they do a crap job doing them. So i'm never going to play another COD game again Expand
  25. Nov 29, 2013
    This is the worst Call of Duty of all time.

Disclaimer: I've never bought a Call of Duty game myself. I'm a gamer and a huge fan of FPS and so my friends and family end up buying the COD games for me during holidays. I've played pretty much all of them. I liked Black ops 2 and played it to the last prestige. I'm not that great, I'm a casual fan. My k/d hovers between 1.5 and 1.6
    This is the worst Call of Duty of all time.

Disclaimer:

Review:
    This game sucks. There is no getting around it. The graphics are fine, the campaign is on rails and unengaging and the multiplayer is a huge step back.

1. The spawns are terrible I'll admit, in black ops 2 I would spawn camp a little bit. I was a huge fan of Ground war and similar objective oriented options, and so I acknowledge this might have been a problem. But this was not a solution. I've never been shot in the back after spawning, or crept up on some poor dude and shot him in the back so many times in my life. But half the time that guy is ...

2. Camping like a I don't care about the size of maps. Now, I was a Nuketown guy, but I liked the big maps too. In the right context, every map can work. These maps offer many long sight lines and have an INSANE amount of places to camp from. I've never seen so many people content with camping before. SMGs are kinda useless, and I like to rush, so this really rustles my jimmys.

3. Perks and killstreaks They suck. I'm okay with reverting to the grouping of killstreaks even if it does feel like going backwards, but it can't be ignored that they suck. Drone, dogs etc were super OP in black ops 2, but there is nothing worth striving towards in this new version. Hell, there's no form of UAV's either. Its been changed to a largely inferior option that, when coupled with the dizzying maps with their excessive abundance of hiding spots is really stupid. And theres not a good way to loop either. And guard dogs? Theyr'e ridiculously overpowered, especially when you consider they're easily reached, stick around for a while, and while roaming around can be a huge pain in the ass in narrow corridors. its a joke

4. lag There are others who do a much better job describing this. Just know, its real, it sucks, and its noticeable worse than before for whatever reason.

5. game modes I love the controlled chaos of lots of players on a map. ground war was great for that reason. Small quarrels featured small teams working against each other organically. Now with that gone, coupled with large dizzying maps, the most typical single-life is spent looking for someone for about 10 seconds, getting shot in the back, killed by a leaping dog, sniped by some fool from a small window half a board away, only to repeat repeat repeat.

Conclusion:
    There is nothing to like about this game. The graphics are fine, the guns have decent balance, but the modes, the ease with which people are killed, the lag, the maps, are create a cluster of awful. It screams B-team. I'm not going to turn away from COD bc my guess is that this version got a skip because PS4 came out. maybe thats stupid but thats my honest thought. Skip this game, get the next one when the put real effort in.
  26. Dec 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Alright yeah it was a pretty short game but its hard to come up with a new war game that is not the same thing over and over but still have Call of Duty as the series. If it wasn't good then why buy the game. I thought it was cool at the end when youre on the beach and just looking at the missiles and then the second you turn to look to your right you get kicked in the face and then drug off. So as you can tell there is going to be a sequel if dumbass people would stop putting the series down, if you don't like it then stop buying the games. Expand
  27. Dec 27, 2013
    I did not play the campaign. I only played it online. The reason I gave the game a high score of 3 is because it is fun. if you sit down with your friends this game can be fun. Everything just kinda works and nothing really takes away from you and your friends having fun and that is what gaming is about fun.

What's wrong with this game is that it is the same thing over and over and

What's wrong with this game is that it is the same thing over and over and over. We have all played this game Over and over. Then the maps look good if you have never played Battlefield or other games like GTAV. Those games play great and are beautiful. This game is not beautiful. I still dont know why people continue to purchase this game every year. I am comparing this to Battlefield because they are similar games. Battlefiled 3 looks better then this and that game is two years old. Also in battlefield you have a destructive environment. You also have all the vehicles. Tanks, Copters, ATV's, Fighter jets, and off road vehicles. What can you do in COD Ghosts? you run around shoot people and get perks. It got old after modern warfare 2.

The maps are big and normally that is a good thing but then the maps only hold 12 people that is nothing you can walk around and not see anybody for half the match. Battle file at least allows 24 man battles.

Lets be real this game can be fun but it does not compare to its competitor.
  28. Jan 2, 2014
    Here's some advice just wait until Treyarch's COD releases from now on Infinity Ward has single handedly destroyed the Call of Duty series Treyarch is the ONLY Reason this series still barely breathes. Save your 60 and 50 bucks or get Battlefield 4
  29. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is definitely an improvement, Infinityward make the better versions of COD and are able to support the online gameplay better. I've been playing COD since forever (before COD i was playing Medal of Honor) I agree with most reviewers that the Story mode was lacking, but it was still fun. I mean video games that are "war" based don't get much better than COD as far as story goes...This game is definitely an improvement, Infinityward make the better versions of COD and are able to support the online gameplay better. I've been playing COD since forever (before COD i was playing Medal of Honor) I agree with most reviewers that the Story mode was lacking, but it was still fun. I mean video games that are "war" based don't get much better than COD as far as story goes... I hated the multiplayer of black ops 1 and 2, It was near impossible to get into a match, especially if you are on a team. Black Ops always lagged, the sounds of the guns are so fake, it makes that dumb sound like a little toy, It was always a lag when your shooting someone its like they somehow would kill you but they werent even aiming at you, until you watch the Kill Cam then its like they were shooting at you the whole time even when their back was turned to you...

Some people on here complain about the game is the same game since MW2 or whatever, But it worked, MW2 was great, why would they drastically change something when they had the most successful game in history, all they need to do is tweak it and add a little bit to it each year, and they have consistently did that. The game works and as long as they don't drastically change it, then it will always be a successful game.

I like the fact this game does not lag as much as the black ops, it rarely and i mean very rarely lags for me, and i'm on the same internet connection i played BO2 on. The guns are more realistic than Black Ops but not as realistic as they were in MW2. The game modes that they added to online has a game mode for every type of player, if you're one of the people who like to run around the map just gunning down anyone you see as fast as you can then just play Blitz and Cranked, its that simple, if you like sniping then play Search and Destroy, Search and Rescue, etc... It is that simple.... they have different game modes for a reason. I like that you can customize your soldier, I like how they advanced clan wars, I like the app because it works pretty well (in comparison to other video games apps)...I like the addition of the Riley Dog and they got rid of those 25 killstreaks such as the NUKE and MOAB...because all that did was give campers more of an incentive to camp...However i did get a lot of Nukes and Moabs and enjoyed everytime i did

I think there is too many noobs and snobby little kids on here, that have unrealistic expectations, or their mad they aren't good enough in this one because they were so used to the lag in black ops 2 working in their favor... I mean seriously in black ops 2 everyone used the same SMG gun and ran around hipfiring...and forget sniping in that game, it would take 3 bullets to the head with a sniper rifle half the time to take someone down...

I think this game is extremely fun, still has things that even the playing field online... just a little...

It should have a few more maps...Siege is ridiculously big for this game, I have never seen anyone vote for that map... and Sovereign is annoying because it provides so many snuggly corners for campers
  30. Apr 10, 2014
    I love Call of Duty: Ghosts. The multiplayer is AWESOME! The campaign ROCKS! Though this is my firs COD, so what would i know. I have never played black ops
  31. Aug 23, 2014
    What the hell did I just play!? What the **** happened to this franchise!! What were the developers thinking when coming up with this god forsaken mess. The campaign is decent, nothing to shabby but still fun to play but the multiplayer on the other hand is just pure garbage. The spawns are awful, the maps are way to big, there's no weapon and perk balance, the killstreaks are garbage, theWhat the hell did I just play!? What the **** happened to this franchise!! What were the developers thinking when coming up with this god forsaken mess. The campaign is decent, nothing to shabby but still fun to play but the multiplayer on the other hand is just pure garbage. The spawns are awful, the maps are way to big, there's no weapon and perk balance, the killstreaks are garbage, the connection is so bad that sometimes i get kicked out of a game for no reason and the multiplayer is so boring that it makes me want to watch a game of golf on TV. OHH and don't even get me started on squads mode and the zombies ripoff but with aliens instead. Atleast the game still works and like I said the campaign is decent. Expand
  32. Nov 5, 2013
    I played this game in Local play in which i always do for every call of duty to check out guns and maps and stuff. The game isnt that bad i would say. I always loved the format that MW2 and MW3 had. Glad they changed from that BO2 garbage. But the Graphics are just bad man. But you have to realize the game was not meant to be released for PS3. And i still dont get why people would rate aI played this game in Local play in which i always do for every call of duty to check out guns and maps and stuff. The game isnt that bad i would say. I always loved the format that MW2 and MW3 had. Glad they changed from that BO2 garbage. But the Graphics are just bad man. But you have to realize the game was not meant to be released for PS3. And i still dont get why people would rate a cod game without them adding any patches yet. You duty players should know this by now Jesus.

Didnt try the story yet but im not that big of a call of duty story fanatic. I just do them for the trophies and thats it.

O yea and by the way......the scorestreaks look like they are going to be really OP. Hopefully its not as bad as I think they are going to be.
  33. Dec 10, 2013
    Call of Duty:Ghosts is awesome more than any other Cod games for the simple reason that it is IMPROVED.
    Lagging is reduced so that is a big advantage for me, sniping is really improved, firing is improved, kill streaks, perks, equipments and attactments are added and the guns are awesome especially the USR, SC-2010, Honey Badger, VRX-160 and the Vector CRB.
    And the last thing is that it
    And the last thing is that it is very hard to level up, in an hour I levelled u only 2/3 levels, meanwhile on Mw3 in an hour straight playing I level up to level 30.
    I dont' see why many people hate it
  34. Dec 16, 2013
    Fun game, campaign if pretty intense. Multi-player is multi-player. I've found most people that complain about the MP are simply just not very good at it. All the guns feel balanced, quick scoping (using the games built in auto-aim with a sniper rifle) has been changed enough that it doesn't feel cheap. I like that you can upgrade your guns how you want to with the new system. OverallFun game, campaign if pretty intense. Multi-player is multi-player. I've found most people that complain about the MP are simply just not very good at it. All the guns feel balanced, quick scoping (using the games built in auto-aim with a sniper rifle) has been changed enough that it doesn't feel cheap. I like that you can upgrade your guns how you want to with the new system. Overall good. There will be campers but hey its an MP game. There's gonna be campers no matter what. Only those who are bad at the game have I found hate the game. Expand
  35. Nov 25, 2013
    Verdict on Ghosts? Originally I thought the guns killed to fast...I stand by that ....but I am getting used to it and rather like it. The weapons are too steady and easy to use ...check also ....but I guess it makes the competition all the more intense. The Perk system is better than MW3 but worse than BOPS2 The Maps are better than mw3 but worse than mw2 and cod4. Siege would fit intoVerdict on Ghosts? Originally I thought the guns killed to fast...I stand by that ....but I am getting used to it and rather like it. The weapons are too steady and easy to use ...check also ....but I guess it makes the competition all the more intense. The Perk system is better than MW3 but worse than BOPS2 The Maps are better than mw3 but worse than mw2 and cod4. Siege would fit into mw2 perfectly which is a compliment in itself. At least 6 of the maps I actually look forward to playing as it loads which is a huge step on from MW3. The killstreaks are excellent in that they are not OP anymore. Not as many choppers and more and more ground based attacks. The dog is a cute touch but is too powerful. The KEM is something to work towards and not as powerful as the NUKE which is good Love the dynamic aspects to the maps but they aren't as great as they made out. The lack of theatre pisses me off I have had some epic clutches on search I would like to have recorded and posted up on my vault). The dedicated servers are not in place from what I can see so far hope they are in ps4 version). The standard of opponent is a lot higher now and I guess players have to adapt to very quick to it ....that is the danger of putting a million people in a pot together. Squads is a great idea and offers good practice for casual gamers or mates to mess around. Extinction looks cool and from what little I have played of it it could be a great beer game with mates. Game modes are decent I love Blitz and search and rescue ...I do miss Sabo and CTF. Overall the knockers will always knock as it isn't a huge stretch from mw3 ...it is however better than mw3 and still offers that cod style adrenaline with an addictive fluid online multiplayer. Verdict 9/10..The best cod since mw2
    Like Share 16 minutes ago near Taipei
  36. Nov 20, 2013
    Uurgh! Another year, another COD game. There was a time when the release of a new COD game felt special and exciting but that time has long since passed. What you're getting here is the usual overly chaotic and short single player campaign complete with a constant bombardment of jingoistic nonsense and military jargon that attempts and fails to add meaning and gravitas to the reason you'reUurgh! Another year, another COD game. There was a time when the release of a new COD game felt special and exciting but that time has long since passed. What you're getting here is the usual overly chaotic and short single player campaign complete with a constant bombardment of jingoistic nonsense and military jargon that attempts and fails to add meaning and gravitas to the reason you're murdering hundreds and hundreds of enemy soldiers. It's a decent FPS sure, as most of the COD series has been, but there just aren't enough new ideas to justify buying what is essentially the same game EVERY year.

It's the same with annual sports games: if you feel like you're getting your money's worth here then go for it, though most people probably won't. If you're a die hard COD fan (of which the number of these is steadily and thankfully dwindling) you've probably already bought this. If it's been a few years since your last COD, and you feel like dipping back in, then this is as decent an entry in the series as you're likely to get, just don't expect to feel like you've missed much, because you haven't.

As far as the multi-player goes, which to be fair is the main reason you should buy a COD game, I don't think it's ever felt as stale, with a notable lack of changes or new ideas, but again, you have no reason to be surprised or disappointed with what you're playing here. The user score for this particular entry is extremely low, and I feel this is as even the die hard fans are catching on that they're not really getting anything new anymore. I've tried to balance the score for this entry on its own individual merits and as part of an annual series. Yeah! AmErIcA! Everyone is our enemy! Whoo! Inside U.S. good! Outside BAAAAAD!
  37. Dec 8, 2013
    Ive loved every cod, but this is just Not worth the cd its printed on. Too bad! If your unfamiliar with cod then this is not the entry to start. Get black ops 2 instead, you'll have a lot more fun.
  38. Nov 24, 2013
    i like this game i don't love it... its just another cod you know? but at the same time it int it feels different but not at the same time its weird but you'll get it if you played it. the campaign is ok. the multiplayer feels great! i love killing people in this game it feels good. the extinction mode at first is boring but once u get into it and start getting things its a really fun gamei like this game i don't love it... its just another cod you know? but at the same time it int it feels different but not at the same time its weird but you'll get it if you played it. the campaign is ok. the multiplayer feels great! i love killing people in this game it feels good. the extinction mode at first is boring but once u get into it and start getting things its a really fun game mode! squads is useless in my opinion i guess its great if u dont have internet. this game isnt bad but isnt that great its just another cash in cod im more excited for treyarchs next cod because NEXT GEN ZOMBIES how cool will that be?!!? Expand
  39. Nov 7, 2013
    Easily the worst in the series. The graphics are worst than Black Ops 2's and the campaign mode is bad in just about every single way. The mutiplayer is already hacked (really Infinity Ward? Maybe next time you should actually try making a new game like Treyarch instead of just rehashing half of the last Modern Warfare) and there's nothing new here. Even their pathetic attempt at competingEasily the worst in the series. The graphics are worst than Black Ops 2's and the campaign mode is bad in just about every single way. The mutiplayer is already hacked (really Infinity Ward? Maybe next time you should actually try making a new game like Treyarch instead of just rehashing half of the last Modern Warfare) and there's nothing new here. Even their pathetic attempt at competing with Battlefield's level changing mechanic is horribly implemented to the point where it almost never happened and when it did it was just a gas station exploding or a gate closing or something stupid. I'm still in disbelief about how bad this one is. Expand
  40. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, here we are! New Call of Duty game! This message contains spoilers, so be careful.
    For me, "COD: Ghosts" is TOTAL FAILURE.
    All this months, Activision make a decision, that new CoD will be revolutionally for it's series. From all trailers and etc. we thought that it was true. But, then release date comes, we all see that it all was wrong.
    Okay okay, graphics become better, for first time since MW1. "Very big" progress. "New engine we have!" Activision says. Really? I don't see something new: same sounds of bullets, some gameplay.
    Single player story for me is in just one word- WTF?!
    Some badasses destroy USA using space sh*t. Okay, okay, okay. It looks epic- apocalypse, and again in USA.
    10 years later, and people still have good life with army. WAT?! After massive apocalypse USA still has army with vehicles? Are you kidding me? And a storyline of 2 bros... argh, it's so typical. Storyline looks very bad and illogically.
    But the laughest think to me- is dog. Activision make a lot of advertisements, Internet make a lot of memes. Activision make development diary. And it's all for JUST 2 MISSIONS? WHAT? All this days Activision says that dog is "SUPER TROUPER". But only in f*cking 2 missions.
    Multiplayer remains at it's level. And now MP becomes boring: same f*cking thing all years.
    Activision needed to stop producing CoD series or change everything in game if they wanted to return respect.
  41. Nov 7, 2013
    This game is the same old piece of crap game If you played any ps3 or xbox360 cod games, you have played this one. If you buy this you bought them all. Stale boring story with multiplayer to match (if you thought the multiplayer for any cod game was fun, you will like this I guess) Dont get it.
  42. Nov 5, 2013
    I enjoyed the new coop ideas. Squad mode was a nice addition and it brought me back to the days of playing Call of Duty 2 against all my buddies split screen (before you could sprint!). I can understand why they didn't change many of the ideas from the previous MW titles. It's a franchise that has made billions of dollars so far, so why risk changing the formula? I get that it is intendedI enjoyed the new coop ideas. Squad mode was a nice addition and it brought me back to the days of playing Call of Duty 2 against all my buddies split screen (before you could sprint!). I can understand why they didn't change many of the ideas from the previous MW titles. It's a franchise that has made billions of dollars so far, so why risk changing the formula? I get that it is intended for PS4 and Xbox One but I still would have liked to see some graphics updates for the PS3 side of the house. I enjoyed the title, but like so many others have said, nothing new here. Expand
  43. Nov 7, 2013
    What I Found which DISAPPOINTED me GREATLY:

- Very boring maps - Map sizes are WAY to big for a mere 6v6 - ONLY 6v6 no more 9v9 - CRAP graphics - BORING killstreaks SOME ARE TOTALLY USELESS for example HELO sniper STAY AWAY GUYS!!) - boring weapons + Side: - Fun new game modes, Crank most fun to play IMO - Mounting over walls system - Squad mode is fun - Allows those who
    What I Found which DISAPPOINTED me GREATLY:

+ Side:
    - Fun new game modes, Crank most fun to play IMO
    - Mounting over walls system
    - Squad mode is fun
    - Allows those who don't feel like playing competitive to play squad mode for a more relaxed game
    - Good AI system

Extras
    - Customization was disappointing IMO, needed more faces imo
    - CAMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP GALOOORE you will BARELY find an actual good player who runs around the map
    - Laggy Just for me i think. .
    - The new lean system seem useless to me, used it once every 10 games and slide system is also useless. Only found myself using it to race my teammate to capture a point at the start of domination and in blitz mode to enter the portal thiny
    - Extinction was disappointing IMO
    - GUYS BEFORE YOU BUY ATTACHMENTS OR STREAKS TRY IT IN PRIVATE MODE FIRST BECAUSE EARNING SQUAD POINTS TAKES AWHILE AND STARTS TO FEEL LIKE A GRIND
  44. Nov 9, 2013
    this is simple TERRIBLE, this is only 1 remasterized graphics, bad inmersion, i played for 2 hours and i finished bored of play this, this is my worst buy of the year, sorry for the buyers but this is the sad reality
  45. Nov 9, 2013
    Hasn't been a "decent" COD since WaW.. awful. multiplayer and who honestly cares about single player? I know I don't if you buy this piece of you'll be dissapointed
  46. Jan 10, 2014
    DONT believe the critics they lie .Several hundred user review cant be wrong its rubbish.Spent loads of time on previous cods and loved them all in online matches but this is a weak effort living off past releases.Dont know whar it is the maps glitches or the ease it is to shoot someone.All the bad points still remain like being shot while the bullet clearly misses you also fast scopeingDONT believe the critics they lie .Several hundred user review cant be wrong its rubbish.Spent loads of time on previous cods and loved them all in online matches but this is a weak effort living off past releases.Dont know whar it is the maps glitches or the ease it is to shoot someone.All the bad points still remain like being shot while the bullet clearly misses you also fast scopeing with sniper rifles always on target even though the sights havnt come up yet.But this one really plays badly somehow .DONT BUY YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IM SELLING MINE INTRESTER?. Expand
  47. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty Ghosts still feels like the same game we've been playing for the past eight years. Meaning the core gamplay experience hasn't changed. The campaign felt well paced and far more emotional then previous titles. I hated the Black ops 2 campaign but felt right at home with Ghosts. Explosive massive large scale warfare and fantastic action. can't help but feel like iv been hereCall of Duty Ghosts still feels like the same game we've been playing for the past eight years. Meaning the core gamplay experience hasn't changed. The campaign felt well paced and far more emotional then previous titles. I hated the Black ops 2 campaign but felt right at home with Ghosts. Explosive massive large scale warfare and fantastic action. can't help but feel like iv been here before though. Yes it is becoming a little stale but at least its fun, which is what the fans want. Call of duty is like a packet of barque chips. They taste great for a while, then become a little tiring. Overall the I had fun with the 6-8 hour campaign. COD is meant for small doses of adrenaline filled fun. I mainly play with my buds on a Saturday night, screaming into the mics for a few hours and hooked up with bottles of Mountain Dew. Multilayer obviously hasn't changed except for the new dynamic maps, guns and new game modes. To be honest the maps don't even feel all that dynamic, a bus falls off a cliff...cool. The maps are far larger this time round which definitely keeps the game with slower paced matches but takes much longer to find enemies. The score streaks have also been balanced out. Now you won't be shot down by stealth choppers every 3 minutes. The Multilayer is greatly balanced out now and the new map designs are great. Infinity ward also added a new game mode called Extinction. Its like Zombies but with Aliens. You get the idea. Of course the current gen versions are showing some age compared to the much better looking next gen platforms. Whichever version you choose though, ghosts is still a fairly fun shooter. Expand
  48. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is way better than any of the commenting trolls are giving it credit for. The problem is that the people who hate the game still buy each and every installment every single year. No kidding you're going to get sick of it. I did the same thing. Then I took a year off from it (Barely played MW3 and skipped BLOPSII altogether), and I think that Ghosts is the best CoD title since MW2.
  49. Nov 6, 2013
    The Call of Duty franchise has been amazingly successful because they've discovered and created a formula that works unlike any other 1st person shooter.. Which is precisely why I continue to buy every instalment. I know that I'm getting a polished, fluid shooter with an amazing replay value. Such is the case with 'Ghosts'. Once again Activision has managed to improve upon the campaign,The Call of Duty franchise has been amazingly successful because they've discovered and created a formula that works unlike any other 1st person shooter.. Which is precisely why I continue to buy every instalment. I know that I'm getting a polished, fluid shooter with an amazing replay value. Such is the case with 'Ghosts'. Once again Activision has managed to improve upon the campaign, multiplayer and survival mode to add more to the familiar COD experience. I'm thrilled that it hasn't been completely revamped and hope that the future titles are 'COD familiar". A great game!! If you're remotely a fan, go out and buy it today. Expand
  50. Nov 7, 2013
    Amazing game. Nothing i can enjoy more than playing cod on a friday night! This game is a great update to the COD name. I love how it's 1080p on the ps3. The sound is amazing.

I dont see what some people expect from a cod game besides a great shooter experience.. it wont change your life if it already sucks lol. People that hate cod so much dont have much to do. COD Ghosts is not a

COD Ghosts is not a perfect game by no means. But it's an amazing game
  51. Nov 7, 2013
    i am lesdexic and i cant see anything the menus have all these pictures and all i see is the firefox logo and the google chrome incog guy i mean what do they think they're doing i cant even navigate because im so stupid you have to realize that autistic retards play this game only and im no exception and you should really dumb things down for us retards pls GET FLIM FLAMED
  52. Dec 7, 2013
    Horrific. Exactly the same as the other call of duties. Absulutley nothing at all is new. Exact same game engine. Extremely boring and very predictable campaign mode which can be literally completed in less than 1 hour. Online gameplay isn't any different then the rest. Like I said. Exactly the same just different maps and different ui. Game hasn't changed at all. The lag makes this gameHorrific. Exactly the same as the other call of duties. Absulutley nothing at all is new. Exact same game engine. Extremely boring and very predictable campaign mode which can be literally completed in less than 1 hour. Online gameplay isn't any different then the rest. Like I said. Exactly the same just different maps and different ui. Game hasn't changed at all. The lag makes this game non playable. So if your thinking about getting this for online play.don't bother.it really is just horrific. Really awful game. Shame on you activision. £50 a year we expect significant changes. New content not just new graphics. Don't buy this game. Expand
  53. Nov 5, 2013
    My review is currently based on only playing the online portion of the game. I will update after playing the single player campaign, which in my opinion, has to be better than Blops 2 which I never even finished.

I played Squads and Multiplayer for a few hours this morning after the midnight release and really enjoyed my experience. Create a soldier and loadout screens are pretty deep customization of your character. The quasi pick 10 system carryover from Blops2 and strike packages from MW3 are both welcome additions to the game

I was able to jump right in and get some kills and score streaks, which was a change for me from Blops 2 and MW3 where I was barely able to crack a 1.00 K/D and .75 for MW3 respectively. Additionally I like the maps this time around, they are bigger and not shoebox size like before. There are more open spaces for people who prefer to NOT run and gun everywhere with an SMG.

Lastly I have played the Battlefield games and have always preferred CoD. Similar formula as before with some tweaks and changes I feel are for the better.
  54. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm basing this on the Multiplayer aspect as its all ive played.

I'm really enjoying this, at first thought when I played my first game mode, I was hesitant and thought I had been ripped off, I found the first map bland, now after having it for a few days I love it. Below is list of Pros and Cons to MP. Pros: 1.Huge maps, with multi levels not just the standard BLOPS2 3 way
    I'm basing this on the Multiplayer aspect as its all ive played.

Pros: 1.Huge maps, with multi levels not just the standard BLOPS2 3 way entrances, but a multitude of entrances to choke zones.
    2 Knee slide is awesome, going from sprinting to crouched to prone is easy, also doing a kneeslide into a room turning around and getting a kill is satisfying.
    3. Soldier customisation.
    4. Blitz, fast paced high scoring
    5. Guns feel great, sound great
    6. Field orders, love them, adds more depth to an already deep game
    7. Huge amount of unlockables that will keep you going for ages.

Cons.
    1. No connection status bar
    2. Havnt got used to contextual lean yet.
    3. Always getting shot in back (could be a pro as well due to variety of map passages)
    4. No Search and Destroy (although search and rescue is a good addition)

Overall loving it, few very minor issues but all in all a great MP game.
  55. Nov 13, 2013
    The best COD since MW1 2

Pos: - New Engine - Better balance of killstreaks (remove radar anti-radar) - Soldier mode - Alien Mode - Larger maps It is now again as MW1 2 You need finally recoil! (not as in BO2). - Clanwar mode (!) Neg: - New engine is still slightly buggy - Some maps are bit too big for 6v6 - Slight connection problems MW1 +2 fans finally get their
    The best COD since MW1 2

Pos:

- New Engine
    - Better balance of killstreaks (remove radar anti-radar)
    - Soldier mode
    - Alien Mode
    - Clanwar mode (!)

Neg:

- New engine is still slightly buggy
    - Some maps are bit too big for 6v6
    - Slight connection problems

MW1 +2 fans finally get their successor
  56. Nov 5, 2013
    For everyone who didn't like call of duty ghost Stop playing every single call of duty that comes out" Your going to get bored of it. They can't really change it all that much. I have like 20 FPS with death match and team based game play so call of duty ghost for me is a 1 in my collection. Hint here is get more variety in your fps collection, not just call of duty lol. I like the squadsFor everyone who didn't like call of duty ghost Stop playing every single call of duty that comes out" Your going to get bored of it. They can't really change it all that much. I have like 20 FPS with death match and team based game play so call of duty ghost for me is a 1 in my collection. Hint here is get more variety in your fps collection, not just call of duty lol. I like the squads mode it really helped to give call of duty some depth. I also like the big maps now you don't die as soon as you hop into a game. I really like that you can play squads mode with just bots and earn xp, level up and even unlock guns and equipment. I think this was a great way to get people who don't really like online play to get to experience the excitement of online play. I also like the new extinction mode I was getting tired of zombies. One of my favorite and must have (meaning if they didn't have it I wouldn't have even bought it) was local play with 11 bots I really enjoyed this. Because honestly when the online community goes away in like 2 years there will still be replay value just like all my 20 other fps games. And just another note adding squads mode to local play was awesome too. For all of you who don't like the graphics. Don't play games for graphics watch movies instead games are about having fun. The graphics as always surpass games before it and stand up to the games that are coming out now They even made a PS4 version with better graphics so get over it. COD ghost gets a 9 for me would have given it a 10 if you could have the option too level up earn xp and unlock guns and equipment in local play too because we all wont have internet forever. Expand
  57. Nov 6, 2013
    Good solid game to be honest, more of the same from the series...new maps, guns, etc. All new and fun to play with. Multiplayer seems, so far, as good as ever. Which is why we buy the game!?

Dont get what all the hate is about to be honest. The only thing, if being really picky, could the graphics be a bit better?
  58. Nov 6, 2013
    Same game for 5 years. Sure. But this can keep mine, and millions of others, attention for 150+ Hours. I only get to play a few hours a day, maybe 3-4 days a week. That's around 5 months of just playing this game. In my opinion is that a game doing its job properly? Yes.

With that said the graphics are toned down a bit. The create a player is pretty cool. The logos aren't that great. The multiplayer maps are good. But with the exception of graphics, that's all subjective.

I just don't get how someone can play this game for 200 hours, complain about how much it sucks, then buy the next installment. As I see so many do every year.

Lasting appeal- 5/5
    Subjective opinions (graphics, maps, guns, game play)- 3/5
  59. Dec 6, 2013
    BULL!!! I rented this game at redbox and it was disc 2 WHICH WAS JUST A CONTENT PACK I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO PLAY IT!! this is complete BULL!!! I wasted my money!!!
  60. Nov 5, 2013
    One of the best games and the best shooter game this generation. Very action packed, great visuals on ultra, especially in 3D, interesting campaign (much better then BF4), the dog is real deal and very fun to watch, many memorable moments and great shooter mechanics. What else to say? Masterpiece. I highly recommend this game to anyone.
  61. Feb 7, 2014
    Most definitely the weakest in the series by far, limited weapons, dreary killstreaks, uninspiring level design, appalling respawns and latency issues when 2 people are firing at one another as shown through the killcam.Some of the killstreaks are stupidly overpowered like the guard dog which is ridiculously resilient which makes you wonder if your body armour is made of paper, theMost definitely the weakest in the series by far, limited weapons, dreary killstreaks, uninspiring level design, appalling respawns and latency issues when 2 people are firing at one another as shown through the killcam.Some of the killstreaks are stupidly overpowered like the guard dog which is ridiculously resilient which makes you wonder if your body armour is made of paper, the juggernauts are now stupidly tough to kill to the point where you might as well put the controller down and not bother. The squad mode and extinction add a little novelty to the game but even these additions aren't enough to save this cod, for fans of infinity ward stick to MW2 or MW3, for series fans in general stick to black ops 2 at least its fast paced and more interesting to play. Expand
  62. Nov 10, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is really not something to get overly excited about. The game looks the same like previous COD games you would think they would be creative maybe take some risks to improve overall gameplay.

From the start I was confused the first scene you run back home and see everything destroyed then you are in space woopy doo da. You shoot. Boom explosion you actually in space.you fall down to earth. Shooting more another explosion and your dead then you back on earth holy that was confusing.

Finally you get to play but if I'm not mistaken this looks very familiar that's because it is it looks the same like every other cod game ever made come on infinity ward.

The gameplay is good don't get me mistaken but it does feel the same as other cod games just with a different story. The graphics is nothing spectacular at all. The controls are good and very easy to get use too.

The only wow thing about this is the fact you have a Dog come here boy good boy. Otherwise it is another it is just an average game that looks and feels the same every time a new cod is released.

At this rate Call of Duty is dying a slow painful death. I don't think this deserves a 0 nor does it deserve a 10.
  63. Nov 9, 2013
    Honestly this is the biggest disappointment for call of duty fans. The multi player maps are massive and lack any creative elements. They provide a perfect ground for campers and snipers so forget it if you're planing on using ar's. The graphics are glitchy and poor and it's hard to decipher the environment to players at times. bo2 is a much better game overall. Try bf4 if you wantHonestly this is the biggest disappointment for call of duty fans. The multi player maps are massive and lack any creative elements. They provide a perfect ground for campers and snipers so forget it if you're planing on using ar's. The graphics are glitchy and poor and it's hard to decipher the environment to players at times. bo2 is a much better game overall. Try bf4 if you want something new but this is just pure crap. Expand
  64. Nov 13, 2013
    The SP campaign is truly the worst ever. Not only is it more of the same, its actually the laziest effort to date. Frankly, i never minded more of the same, in fact it was the familiarity with COD that had kept me a loyal fan through the years. But this time, it was just too meaningless. I immediately switched back to MW3 after finishing the campaign in Ghosts just to compare the two andThe SP campaign is truly the worst ever. Not only is it more of the same, its actually the laziest effort to date. Frankly, i never minded more of the same, in fact it was the familiarity with COD that had kept me a loyal fan through the years. But this time, it was just too meaningless. I immediately switched back to MW3 after finishing the campaign in Ghosts just to compare the two and ended up playing the whole MW3 campaign and it was by no means the best of the bunch. But with Ghosts they've really let the ball drop and it feels almost offensive.
    Thankfully, the MP bit is pretty good. Not the best ever, a little too complex with maps way to big for the number of players but its less laggy than ever before and that too on a crappy 4mbps third world connection. Black Ops MP remains my favorite, but thanks to the reduced lag i'm performing way better without knowing every bit and cranny of the map like the back of my hand than i have ever before. Unfortunately that's the only plus and its not enough to redeem this pathetic effort. My score for COD: Ghosts:

SP: 2/5
    MP: 3/5

Ill still buy the next one, and the one after that, I just hope Activision will pay greater heed to the disdain they have caused amongst their fans and deliver a better product next year.
  65. Jul 1, 2014
    Yeah, I could play it for maybe an hour and then I just want to throw it into the burning pit of worthless games that should not have existed. As far as I can see, this is the worst COD ever (Since this review was written). If you still want to play COD, go pick up MW or actually... any COD is better than Ghosts. 2/10 since it's not a complete pile of crap... unless you play it for moreYeah, I could play it for maybe an hour and then I just want to throw it into the burning pit of worthless games that should not have existed. As far as I can see, this is the worst COD ever (Since this review was written). If you still want to play COD, go pick up MW or actually... any COD is better than Ghosts. 2/10 since it's not a complete pile of crap... unless you play it for more than an hour. Expand
  66. Nov 26, 2013
    Not trolling the series, but every single COD seems to remain the exact same with no direction.
    The campaign on this is a winner, probably one of the best.
    The campaign on this is a winner, probably one of the best.
    Multiplayer is one of the worst, which is a mode that just keeps going downhill since Modern Warfare 2. The lag is unbearable, the spawning system is and the campers and immaturity online has just been increasing in so much ignorance that I'm not sure the game will ever be good again.
    Extinction is actually a pretty fun mode (similar to zombies), but still doesn't do much after thirty of forty games of it.
    I wouldn't really recommend COD's to anyone, probably since the first Black OPs.
  67. Nov 6, 2013
    Thoroughly enjoyed the few hours spent on campaign. The story is building nicely and the usual blockbuster movie style scenes are entertaining as ever!
    Multiplayer has already got me frustratingly hooked! NEED TO UNLOCK A BETTER WEAPON! :)
    Extinction is a genius extra mode too so much fun with your mates! Haven't got to Squads mode yet though. What great value for money! Hundreds of
    Extinction is a genius extra mode too so much fun with your mates!
    Haven't got to Squads mode yet though.
    What great value for money! Hundreds of hours of gaming for £40!
    I would actually rat this game an 8 or 9, but I've given it a 10 to try and balance those ridiculous haters scores of 0 seriously people, there are some games out there that deserve a 0 but COD Ghosts is definitely not one of them!!!
  68. Nov 6, 2013
    This is actually a good game. I don't understand why its getting such bad reviews on here, most likely people who haven't even got the game. The campaign isn't as good as the other games for sure, but it still has the essence of the other COD games. The multiplayer mode is basically the same as the other games, and squads and extinction are a fresh take on the game, and in my opinion,This is actually a good game. I don't understand why its getting such bad reviews on here, most likely people who haven't even got the game. The campaign isn't as good as the other games for sure, but it still has the essence of the other COD games. The multiplayer mode is basically the same as the other games, and squads and extinction are a fresh take on the game, and in my opinion, extinction is better than zombies. Expand
  69. Nov 6, 2013
    All of you Battlefield or people who havn't played this game have no grounds on which to reveiw this title. I love BOTH games and you KIDS need to grow a pair. Cry me a river, cut down a tree, build a bridge and get over it.
  70. Nov 6, 2013
    Me ha gustado mucho el juego en general, los cambios de mapa, los nuevos modo de juego... el modo alien tambien esta muy divertido y para mi no deberia estar tan ''mal visto'' ya que ql juego esta muy bien...
  71. Nov 6, 2013
    I am having the most fun on a COD game since MW2 came out. No idea why BF fanboys feel the need to go out of their way to bash on another franchise. I will be getting BF4 on ps4 and no doubt will have a great time on that game as well. I did not enjoy either of the black ops titles near as much as MW and now ghosts. Extinction is more fun than zombies imo, although i'm sure some may refuteI am having the most fun on a COD game since MW2 came out. No idea why BF fanboys feel the need to go out of their way to bash on another franchise. I will be getting BF4 on ps4 and no doubt will have a great time on that game as well. I did not enjoy either of the black ops titles near as much as MW and now ghosts. Extinction is more fun than zombies imo, although i'm sure some may refute that. I like being able to choose tank, medic, engineer. Cranked is very stressful and fun as well. I also really enjoy the maps. Sniping is once again fun. I hated how assault rifles and lmg's could hit people from across the map making me feel like sniping was less than ideal. While you CAN hit people from a distance with assault rifles, it is much more difficult than using a sniper/marksmanship rifle. Unless your like me and freak out smashing all the buttons at once until you hear your controller creaking under the pressure, i would say 8/10 times you will take out another player at range using sniper/marksmanship rifle Expand
  72. Nov 10, 2013
    Worst COD from Infinity Ward ever!
    Most of the maps way too big for 12 players, you quickly get tired of running and running, seeing almost no one. Some just found the trick... camping!
    Level-design is horrendous. I didn't get any fun playing the game.
    Why this game is still selling so much?! Definitely switching to Killzone and Battlefield 4!
  73. Nov 10, 2013
    I played Ghosts for 4 days after buying it and have come back to playing COD Black Ops 2 all weekend. Ghosts maps are way too big and a campers dream. Way too many places to cut through, hide, camp, backdoor, etc. I walked around a map for 2 minutes without even seeing anyone. I was all hyped up for the release and what a disappointment. It was an overkill to have such big maps and bigI played Ghosts for 4 days after buying it and have come back to playing COD Black Ops 2 all weekend. Ghosts maps are way too big and a campers dream. Way too many places to cut through, hide, camp, backdoor, etc. I walked around a map for 2 minutes without even seeing anyone. I was all hyped up for the release and what a disappointment. It was an overkill to have such big maps and big buildings (2-3 story accessible) throughout. The graphics are better than BO2 but does not make me want to play it due to everything else taking away from the game. Just my 2 cents. I'm ready to trade in GHOSTS and try some other game or stick with good ole reliable BO2. Expand
  74. Nov 11, 2013
    From the trailers, CoD: Ghosts looked like it had so much promise, building upon Black Ops II and finally moving the series in the right direction. Its a shame to say that it hasn't.

The campaign for ghosts isn't too bad. Like the MW games, its still short, however there are variety of new gameplay experiences, including space and underwater battles, and the limited opportunity to play as a dog. However, i couldn't help but feel that id done it all before: the campaign has a striking similarity to the MW games shoot a bunch of enemies, move forward, use some sort of gadget, repeat. For PS3, the visuals were pretty ordinary. I know next gen consoles are coming out soon, but it still would have been nice to at least see a partially updated engine for the current consoles. The story itself isn't bad, but not great either, and probably wont change your life or force you to think about it deeply.

For me, multiplayer was more of a disappointment. The maps are bigger, but many of them are very similar. The design doesn't really favor those who run 'n' gun, but at the same time, don't really support teamwork either. The removal of ground war means a max of 12 players as well, and in large maps, things aren't always exciting. The new modes are fun, but nothing groundbreaking.

To be fair, Ghosts isn't bad, but its done little to keep me interested in it-and its only been out a week. Personally, ive given up on Infinity Ward doing anything to revamp the series, and am only interested in seeing what Treyarch can do to try and fix it.
  75. Nov 12, 2013
    A lot of people give hate on ghosts because they always say it's the same when actually they never see the new things that's added in even the small things. The new point system for perks/guns/equipment it a lot better since now attachments don't cost a point. The perks are at a good point value ranging from 1-5 points depending on what perk you want. The knifing was majorly improved nowA lot of people give hate on ghosts because they always say it's the same when actually they never see the new things that's added in even the small things. The new point system for perks/guns/equipment it a lot better since now attachments don't cost a point. The perks are at a good point value ranging from 1-5 points depending on what perk you want. The knifing was majorly improved now so you can actually kill with the knife. The new sliding feature is a lot better since I think no one ever dolphin dived and killed anyone at all. The new leaning feature a lot of people have been waiting for was added finally to the consoles. The kill streaks are a lot better since now there isn't that many Ariel kill streaks mowing everyone down in a game. 2 kill streaks are actually overpowers and those would be the guard dog and the support squadmate. The specialist perks make a comeback which a lot of fans of it were happy to see. The graphics were majorly improved as well as connectivity. They got rid of a lot of the spawn trapping game modes. The story in ghosts was great. The ending gives a major hint at a sequel. The extinction game mode was a big thing due to the fact zombies was getting to its end after black ops 2. Extinction brought one major thing into a survival I loved and that is teamwork. I couldn't stress it enough in zombies for people to use team work, but no one ever did that. Squads was a great idea which the squad mates you can purchase with squad points. The clan wars is a good idea but needing a smartphone or a tablet makes it difficult for people who can't afford one.
    Ghosts is a good game, but when people say call of duty sucks your wrong. You don't hate the game you hate the community that plays it.
  76. Nov 12, 2013
    a major step-down from the previous infinity ward game and i hated mw3 so really in my opinion the game kinda sucks except for extinction mode it was awesome
  77. Nov 13, 2013
    COD is pretty much the only game I play, as all my buddies play it. This will be the 2nd COD game I invest no time in(MW3 being the other). Health is too low, maps are wayyyy too big, the spawning is absolute nonsense. These maps are a campers wet dream, and 80% of the time death matches run out of time because everyone's sitting in a corner. Most definitely the most unpleasant CODCOD is pretty much the only game I play, as all my buddies play it. This will be the 2nd COD game I invest no time in(MW3 being the other). Health is too low, maps are wayyyy too big, the spawning is absolute nonsense. These maps are a campers wet dream, and 80% of the time death matches run out of time because everyone's sitting in a corner. Most definitely the most unpleasant COD experience I've ever had. I absolutely hate it. Don't waste your money. Expand
  78. Nov 16, 2013
    Okay so I've been a huge cod fan for years now up until tonight when I just turned my ps3 off a couple of seconds ago. I loved cod 4 mw2 and mw4 I never really played bo and bo2 wasn't for me. I had so much hope for this game. BUT after defending cod for years from haters and bf fanboys. I can honestly say that I hate call of duty now!!! For me this game was ruined by hackers, campers andOkay so I've been a huge cod fan for years now up until tonight when I just turned my ps3 off a couple of seconds ago. I loved cod 4 mw2 and mw4 I never really played bo and bo2 wasn't for me. I had so much hope for this game. BUT after defending cod for years from haters and bf fanboys. I can honestly say that I hate call of duty now!!! For me this game was ruined by hackers, campers and 12 year olds. On day one of ghost I ran into hackers! Wtf?? Fix your infinity ward. For the last week I've seen 2or 3 players camping in the same spot or room together. And then the most annoying and frustrating thing of all ..a 12 year old boy telling me that he my mum and all these when he doesn't even know what a vagina looks like! You guys might as well take the restriction off the game because clearly you don't give a who buys your game as long as you make money! Ghost will be the last call of duty that I will ever buy. And I gave my ps3 ghost disc to my gf to break in half. Good night and you infinity ward Expand
  79. Nov 16, 2013
    call of duty should die now. IT looks obvious that they are out of ideas now they are just copying others with squad. And extinction mode is so bad its not playable along with same type of campaign we have been seeing since modern warfare 1. Not only the worst COD or the worst game of the year.but this game is the worst game in a whole decade.
  80. Nov 18, 2013
    Multiplayer mode: The worst Call of Duty game, horrible multiplayer, just lag, you die with 2 shots, maps for campers, confused respawn, ridiculous system prestige and anything novelty.
    Campaign mode: history for child!
  81. Nov 27, 2013
    It's been said a lot about this just being another Call of Duty, and the simple truth it is, that it is. If you want the exact same experience you could go back to any other edition since Modern Warfare and you'd have this game. The story isn't particularly gripping, most of the cool additions that seemed really promising pop up for a mission and are gone. The story just isn't gripping orIt's been said a lot about this just being another Call of Duty, and the simple truth it is, that it is. If you want the exact same experience you could go back to any other edition since Modern Warfare and you'd have this game. The story isn't particularly gripping, most of the cool additions that seemed really promising pop up for a mission and are gone. The story just isn't gripping or interesting, and constantly feels like more of a task to get through then something you're happy to be doing. I personally don't feel a game's excitement level can be compared to doing the dishes.

Multi-player is also the same as ever, literally the same, same lag, same graphics, same usual game modes with a couple gimmicks to try and give you the illusion that this game is "fresh". They did include this year a create a character feature, which can basically be summed up with the rest of the game. It's barren, shows 0 creative insight, and in the end really just feels hollow. You pick between a tiny handful of heads which you can't edit even slightly, a hat, and your outfit. In contrast Tony Hawks Pro Skater II on the PS1 was more in depth with their creation features then this game.

If you're looking for progression, a clear show off creative effort, or something new and hooking. You won't find it here, it's just another rung in the ladder where Activison isn't even trying anymore.
  82. Dec 12, 2013
    Another year, another disappointing CoD game. Instead of fixing things, they made several worse. The main campaign was slightly interesting, but only due to controlling a dog and space combat (both being far too short). A lot of parts just felt re-hashed from previous games. The multiplayer was a HUGE letdown. For starters, the graphics are extremely unsettling and almost remind ofAnother year, another disappointing CoD game. Instead of fixing things, they made several worse. The main campaign was slightly interesting, but only due to controlling a dog and space combat (both being far too short). A lot of parts just felt re-hashed from previous games. The multiplayer was a HUGE letdown. For starters, the graphics are extremely unsettling and almost remind of Modern Warfare 2. At times, the pixelation of the environments got so bad that I couldn't even make people out over a distance. A few maps are far too Sniper Friendly, forcing you to lie in wait for the entire match, or simply run out to face the long distance execution squad. Rocket launchers have had their lock-on mechanisms completely removed, so at times you are completely at the mercy of an enemies chopper while your inaccurate rocket goes whizzing by them. Its only redeeming quality is Extinction mode. However, it requires more maps for in order to show its true potential. Don't pay $60 for this game! Expand
  83. Dec 12, 2013
    really dissapointed,,,the game starts o.k. ,,,rather interesting storyline,,,,good visuals,,,,,but then it just takes a crap dive!!,,,,,,I played through the story in just under 4 hrs,,,,,,on regular setting,,,,,,,not cool,,for a 65.00 game,,,,,remember back when you could spend months playing a game??,,,whether it be scarface or Grand theft or whatever??,,,,this game is clearly designedreally dissapointed,,,the game starts o.k. ,,,rather interesting storyline,,,,good visuals,,,,,but then it just takes a crap dive!!,,,,,,I played through the story in just under 4 hrs,,,,,,on regular setting,,,,,,,not cool,,for a 65.00 game,,,,,remember back when you could spend months playing a game??,,,whether it be scarface or Grand theft or whatever??,,,,this game is clearly designed for online play,,,,and that is it's other problem,,,,,the games are just ,,,well,,,stupid!!!,,,,,,,,,on the plus side ,,,and the only plus ,,is amazing maps and landscapes,,,freakin huge and awesome,,,but that's it ,,,,end of story,,,,,let's go back to the poor game play ,,and I'll give ya my take on things,,,,,the games offered are weak,, un-challenging and pointless......All you can do is run around and shoot stuff with no plan ,no strategy,no goal,,(except the killing) even on recruit level,,you can drop half a clip of bullits on the bad guy and they will kill you with one shot,,,,,,some of the games you get to pick up dog tags and take them to a spot ,,,,,,well woopty freaking doo!!!!,,,,,,,on the survival style game ,,where you survive by any means,,,,,the bad guy glows yellow,,,,,,,only place in the game ,,,WTF???,,,,,,Playing online,,,,,again you just run around stupid,,,,shooting whatever,,,with no plan,, no reward,,,,and just when your'e gettin warmed up the game ends,,,,and when it restarts ,,,it's a different game,,,,,,what?,,,,,,,,So my point is ,,,what happened to a challenging platform?,,,,why can't we have missions,,,and goals,,and a defined game,,,,what about survival mode like the one in MW3,,which I thought was endlessly entertaining,,,,,,got harder and harder,,,you had to plan,,save your credits,,,spend them wisely,,,untill it got just absolutely insane,,,,that was some good stuff,,,,And what about the millions of kids of all ages that do not have internet??that's a real pisser,,,cause the solo play in this issue is just plain useless,,,,,5 minutes tops!,,,I feel ripped off,,cheated,,,,gaming rules37 left a post here and I agree,,,,why do they produce a crappy game?,,,,they could have added a dozen maps and such to MW3,,,,and I would be happy,,,,,,another issue for me is that the controls havent changed at all,,,,,,except for the slide thing and "contextual lean"which I could never get to work when under fire,,,,,,,,any of you play the old rainbow six?,,they had a great cover firing position,,,,,,,I just don't get it,,,,,,,,it's crap!!!,,,expensive Crap!!,,,,my favorite call of duty was the beach at Normandy one,,,,little corny and primitive,,,but man ,,,you landed on the beach and it was gnarly from the first minute to the last,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Expand
  84. May 6, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is just the same old Call of Duty with a few new features. Black Ops 2, from what I've seen, still has more players than Ghosts and i'm not surprised. A waste of money if you ask me!
  85. Dec 21, 2013
    1 step forward, 3 steps back is the mantra that perfectly sums up this atrociously broken game. Sticking with the step forward/backward theme:

Maps are bigger which is was a step forward given the traditionally smaller maps, but on PS3/360 its only a max of 12 players how the heck does that make sense? Even worse, the spawn system is awful which is especially bad because bigger maps are suppose to prevent you from literally spawning in front of enemies.

The menu and class setup system is convoluted and confusing. Squad points are misleading because they only unlock items for each individual classes.

The graphics are disgraceful even with older gen hardware, the effort to improve the look of the game was not there. If anything, the game looks even worse than MW3 and Black Ops 2. There simply is no excuse for this. However, the frame rate does stay consistent in multiplayer.

The shooting mechanics of this game is probably the most broken part of this game. I have never played a game which has given me a FALSE SENSE OF SKILL. Example: I switched from using a assault rifle class (which I sucked at using) to a all out rushing class and my kill/death ratio improved drastically. This game is predicated on rushing with no emphasis on precision play. It's just running and gunning.

Some perks like Stalker and Quickdraw cater to this fast style of play and anyone who can exploit these overpowered perks can gain a significant advantage. There is no point even using a LMG and in some cases, a assault rifle.

On the bright side, sniping was greatly improved. You no longer have huge reductions in damage loss if you add a suppressors (in real life, suppressors do not reduce range or damage of a sniper rifle). Quick scoping is still a nagging issue though.

Strike packages are as ho-hum as ever and its a relief that annoying and persistent air strike killstreaks have been eliminated from the game.

Overall, this game is antiquated, broken and incompetent. There is a reason why so many kids will play this game because there is no skill involved. Most kills are based on a few things: dumb luck, awful spawning system, overpowered perks and rushing. It's an incredibly frustrating experience because the game defies all logic and reason. COD Ghost at its core, is the epitome of dumb fun, with a strong emphasis on the word DUMB. Save yourself some brain cells and 60 dollars and just forget you ever knew about this game.
  86. Dec 22, 2013
    It was a waste of $60. I bought it on day one and beat it in under an hour, I've never beaten a COD game before, this was the first one and I think it was a complete rip off, I played multiplayer a bit, when you play local the graphics are like playing a PS2 Game, I look at the ground, its just low textures. I played online a bit too, I have great internet, yet I still kept gettingIt was a waste of $60. I bought it on day one and beat it in under an hour, I've never beaten a COD game before, this was the first one and I think it was a complete rip off, I played multiplayer a bit, when you play local the graphics are like playing a PS2 Game, I look at the ground, its just low textures. I played online a bit too, I have great internet, yet I still kept getting disconnected from COD Servers, I finally gave up on trying to play it and its still sitting in its packaging. Expand
  87. Dec 22, 2013
    This is a game that feels more like a patch then a full price game. I like the COD games but it is getting to the point of the series needs an overhaul instead of the same rinse and repeat formula. In fact I feel bad for anyone who bought this game at $60 when this game is clearly a $30 game.
  88. Dec 24, 2013
    Wow what a flop!!! Should have saved my 39.99.. and I have to use 150 characters oh give me a break this game is not worth my time or energy.. I don't even know how to explain how horrible this game is
  89. Feb 9, 2014
    Infinity Ward, do you know what this incredibly low user score means? It means, you need to make a better game, you can't just half-ass everything and expect everyone to buy it. I hope to god Sledgehammer and Treyarch doesn't make a **** game like this. Call of Duty is going to die if you don't work harder to compete with your competition (Battlefield, Titanfall, Destiny). If SH makes aInfinity Ward, do you know what this incredibly low user score means? It means, you need to make a better game, you can't just half-ass everything and expect everyone to buy it. I hope to god Sledgehammer and Treyarch doesn't make a **** game like this. Call of Duty is going to die if you don't work harder to compete with your competition (Battlefield, Titanfall, Destiny). If SH makes a bad Call of Duty this year, CoD and the huge community is going to die, slowly. You say this game didn't sell nearly as good as BO2 or MW3, you know why? Because all you advertised was FISH AI and A **** DOG.....seriously? Put some effort into your games. Call of duty (IW games in particular) has gone downhill from CoD 4. Call of Duty 4 was amazing, MW2 was really good, BO1 was good, MW3 was **** BO2 was good, this game is terrible. I'm a really big fan of CoD and FPS games, and I really hope you do something better next time, in 2016.

- Sky
  90. Jan 1, 2014
    This game was just terrible. I expected innovation and the type of huge leap that was in introduced in Cod 4 to Mw2. However, Riley has a really nice and I constantly felt the need to pound it. Also, I just love watching porn while playing ghosts.
  91. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Another anticlimax from Activision. GHOSTS is a massive step back from the days of MW1 and MW2. How can a game franchise get WORSE over time isn't it supposed to improve?

Bog standard campaign mode as usual just a change of character names and voice actors. There are one or two cool 'moments' in the campaign but overall it's just fighting against another dictator/terrorist kingpin for the sake of humanity. (YAWN). Nothing new it's the same old.

Online mode is really where it disappoints (which is what everyone plays CoD for)
    Firstly the maps are HUGE and unplayable. A player will run around for minutes at a time searching for an enemy, leading to boring low scoring rounds. Killstreak rewards are the worst I have ever seen, a 'guard' dog that is more interested in playing fetch than protecting you. Air support is limited and weak. Juggernaut is back (oh no) a player kills 10 people in a row and is rewarded by having his/her gun taken away!? Great idea. Where are the pavelow's, harriers and carpet bombs Infinity Ward?

After 10 years a CoD player, CoD is no longer fun. Simple as that. A solid 2 out of 10 well done. Maybe stop rushing new titles out every 12 months for a quick payday will help! So disappointing as MW1 and 2 were world beaters!
  92. Jan 10, 2014
    i struggle to award a 2/10 score to this ultimate disappointment. I have been playing this franchise since the days of call of duty 2 and have been enjoying every single release the two studios(treyarch/IW) have thrown at me. Me and my friends started playing competitively in COD4 and was ranked in the top 10% of league brackets for MLG in Modern Warfare 2, which I believe was the prime ofi struggle to award a 2/10 score to this ultimate disappointment. I have been playing this franchise since the days of call of duty 2 and have been enjoying every single release the two studios(treyarch/IW) have thrown at me. Me and my friends started playing competitively in COD4 and was ranked in the top 10% of league brackets for MLG in Modern Warfare 2, which I believe was the prime of the franchise.
    At the start of Black Ops, it was obvious Call of Duty was catering to the community, which was a horrible idea that led to insane inbalance in the multiplayer to levels of excruciating frustration, the maps are large and horrible, as you can be killed in all fields of view, and 90% of the time I am 2 shotted from a silenced LMG across the map with ADS at all times while prone.
    There are a few improvements but many downgrades from previous games, like the SAT COM, which is a pathetic attempt to add strategy into the game to replace the UAV, but the SC just turns out to be very unbalanced and confusing as well. I could write all day on the horrible segments of the game, but the website is lagging and I just cannot stand it.
    Please, I beg of you, Do NOT buy this game, if you are looking for a good new FPS, go for Battlefield 4, it is very fun to play casually.
  93. Jan 30, 2014
    boycott this franchise please! All COD has done is just recycle, recycle, recyle. If you compare the characters and maps etc from the previous titles in the franchise, they just take the same stuff and repackage it. I used to be a huge fan of MP of the series, but just got bored after they just repackage the same stuff repeatedly.
    It's just terrible! guys, boycott the franchise so they
    It's just terrible! guys, boycott the franchise so they will actually put some energy into creating new titles instead of recycling old ones!
    don't buy this game if you played previous title/titles!
  94. Feb 1, 2014
    I'm gunna keep this short. Single player is just another hallway shooter, and multiplayer is the same since MW2. They've kept the same base recipe, then just added a little bit extra spice that only veterans will take notice of. (Or really care for that matter.)

Pros: - Same addicting multiplayer if you're not bored yet. (Plus if you're a fan of spending $120 bucks on a game.) Cons:

Pros:

Cons:
    - Forgettable, boring story mode.
    - Tired mechanics.
    - After playing other great looking ps3 games, this just looks bland and awful. (Blops2 looks better for **** sake)

I rented this game for a week and I've already had my fill of Call of Duty for this year. Maybe I'll just spend this time next year playing Titanfall or Destiny instead...
  95. Feb 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This COD is Disappointing, but not a bad game.
    The Main Campaign itself has Gameplay that doesn't have flaws, aside from glitches and the fact it's the same gameplay from the other COD games. The Story is a simple 'Meh', does have some nice Moments, but the ending is just atrocious, I was like... "ANOTHER SEQUEL!?, ARE YOU SERIOUS!?".
    The Multiplayer is the worst of all COD games, even though I think that the 'Create a Soldier' is cool and the gameplay Isn't Ruined or Anything. The maps are frustratingly way too big, giving an opportunity for campers. Some Weapons are Stupidly more Powerful than others, Making everyone use that certain Weapon.
    Overall, The Game is just not bad, but the worst COD ever Made
  96. Apr 24, 2014
    oh god why? F*ck this game. Look If you want a call of duty shut up and buy black ops 2 now. F*ck me. What still here fine I'll go into details. Graphics are still just like modern warfare 1,2, and 3 not at all improved. The damn maps they are too big I know what your thinking "but I want big maps" 6 vs. 6 on big maps good luck finding anyone. So many damn children in M rated game itsoh god why? F*ck this game. Look If you want a call of duty shut up and buy black ops 2 now. F*ck me. What still here fine I'll go into details. Graphics are still just like modern warfare 1,2, and 3 not at all improved. The damn maps they are too big I know what your thinking "but I want big maps" 6 vs. 6 on big maps good luck finding anyone. So many damn children in M rated game its annoying and you all under the age no buy I mean it. Quick scoping is actually easier , why? Oh right because "F*ck you give me money". Knifing how do you f*ck that up? You get what I call an auto knife if it doesn't kick in hen you need it your screwed. Extinction ignore others its not a zombies rip off well completely anyway. You get a load out system that give you a class, pistol, and abilities by that I mean turrets and vest. You destroy hives instead of getting round which is kind of okay really. But it has an annoying $6,000 limit for weapons etc.. Oh right you die in 3-4 bullets unless its a shotgun or sniper. The story sucks about as bad as modern warfare 3. They even ruined the dog you bastards. The destructible map people wanted you get gas stations, log, and 1 nuke for 1 map so hope you weren't hyped for that. Right of course the DLC crap they do guess what so far 2 weapons that are actually worth a damn more money please smaller maps? More money, its legal robbery. Oh you can lean you know something hat exist in the ps2 era I know I still have mine. Before you go "so its modern warfare3?" no oh no you would think that is titan fall after this yeah that bad. No just no it hurts what I went through playing the f*cking game. The story length is slightly I mean slightly longer then battle field 4 by 1 or 2 hours so 5-6 hours. Do not buy this game Expand
  97. May 4, 2014
    La verdad me parecio un juego totalmente aburrido en su modo multijugador la historia no esta tan mal pero la verdad que su multijugador es un ***** asco
  98. May 6, 2014
    While the previous games in the series may have bought plenty of fun and entertainment to the player, over time each game's quality has degraded and degraded. Call Of Duty Ghosts is in my opinion the absolute low for the series, and I beg Activision to end it here, and not make their fans suffer by creating a turd even bigger than this one.
  99. May 28, 2014
    Boring uninspired maps, questionable textures and graphics which looked better about 3 previous games ago, and ridiculous single player story, COD Ghosts is another lackluster, repetitive cash grab for a series that has long outstayed its welcome. If you're familiar with any of the 'efforts' by the COD franchise, I'm sure you'll have no need for anymore explanation and dislike this game asBoring uninspired maps, questionable textures and graphics which looked better about 3 previous games ago, and ridiculous single player story, COD Ghosts is another lackluster, repetitive cash grab for a series that has long outstayed its welcome. If you're familiar with any of the 'efforts' by the COD franchise, I'm sure you'll have no need for anymore explanation and dislike this game as much as I do. The 3 stars I did give it were merely due to extinction mode which was an interesting twist on the horde mode that many AAA games spout these days. However, I found myself missing zombies and just wished I could've jumped into that after goofing around online for a little. Horrid game. Stop buying it people. Expand
  100. Jun 1, 2014
    The create a class (Create a Soldier) system is the best class creation system in all of CoD, personally that I have seen so far. It's just so well put together that I personally like it more than BO2's class system. However, many aspects of the game are just plain horrible and they just make BO2 so much more better. For starters, 85-90% of the maps are oversized for the amount of playersThe create a class (Create a Soldier) system is the best class creation system in all of CoD, personally that I have seen so far. It's just so well put together that I personally like it more than BO2's class system. However, many aspects of the game are just plain horrible and they just make BO2 so much more better. For starters, 85-90% of the maps are oversized for the amount of players that are allowed. Stonehaven is a prime example, I always end up having to leave a game at least 4-5 times just to find a small map, which there are only 2 of without any DLC. The fact that IW (Infinity Ward) hyped up their fans for this crappy game neglects me buy/look at the new DLC's or even continue playing Ghosts. It just makes me feel like I'm getting my money milked. Don't let the franchise get to you. Save your money by not buying this game. Expand

1. Nov 18, 2013
    COD players, myself included, will still play Ghosts for the sake of having 20 or so new maps to play on over the course of the year, but in a franchise that’s the same year after year with slight changes, it’s reasonable to expect things to materially improve, not to take even a small step backwards.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    After loving the campaign in Black Ops 2, the single player in Ghosts feels like a step back for the series. The campaign felt tiresome, familiar, predictable and linear. The multiplayer on the other hand, saves the day as the tweaks to the gameplay and the new games modes make this the best multiplayer COD experience to date.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    It's a generally by-the-numbers excursion through big-budget wartime set pieces that, due to an unavoidable air of familiarity, wares out its welcome much quicker than it should.