2.4

1. Dec 17, 2014
    Hi, just bought the game and started playing the campaign and the multiplayer. The feel that i got, it that the game is just as the same as Modern Warfare 2, with some improved textures and not so empty map areas.
    In my opinion, people have to realise that they can't change the CoD game engine on PS3, it's arcade like, and it will allways be. I have played Battlefield 3 on PS3, and i found very hard getting back to MW2 due to game style and graphics, so i bought this game to see if it could bring me back to the CoD shoot n' fun. Not disapointed, it's just a matter of getting used to the game and it's engine. Games are evolving to a newer generation, and that will not happen on PS3. They could change their game engine, but would it resemble to another game? Would people be happy with a futile or desperate move from Activision to keep the players? Worth my 24,99€, and me and my girlfriend will have a blast playing it.
  2. Dec 4, 2014
    I hated this game at first, stopped playing it. Then got back into it for a while to see if it still had any redeemable properties. Then I stopped again, not finding anything. Now that I decided to put this game back into my PS3, I can't stop playing it, although there are still some flaws, sliding past people to score a goal is still the best feature.
  3. Nov 10, 2014
    Wow what a piece of garbage this game was. Normally the reviews here don't do COD any justice, but in this case they do. The game is extremely slow and campy as hell. Don't know what Infinity Ward was thinking with the big ass maps like Battlefield. They work there because they have a higher amount of players. Playing a 4 on 4 game, when people rage from IED's, is horrible. Don'tWow what a piece of garbage this game was. Normally the reviews here don't do COD any justice, but in this case they do. The game is extremely slow and campy as hell. Don't know what Infinity Ward was thinking with the big ass maps like Battlefield. They work there because they have a higher amount of players. Playing a 4 on 4 game, when people rage from IED's, is horrible. Don't know how many time limit TMD's I played. Honestly, the game was so bad, I traded it in and went back to Blops 2. I wish Activision would get rid of Infinity Ward as they have two horrible strikes in Ghosts and MW3. Expand
  4. Nov 9, 2014
    Didn't really like this game. I want my COD in the present day combat mode. Present day weapons, incidents, places and in the present day time-line. Or scenarios from the past like WWII or something would fare better for me than this futuristic story-lines.
  5. Nov 6, 2014
    The game is overall ok. But its story mode sucks to the core. The multiplay is awesome except the extinction and squads. The graphics are good but the best the COD games are COD 4 Modern warfare and COD Black ops 2. It seems that COD Advanced warfare is awesome. Anyways this game sucks a little bit.
    I suggest you to the best COD games as I said. The guns in this game are nice but the guns in the other games are ok.
    There are big maps in this game and nice suits.The games worth it are Batman Arkham City , Assassins creed 2 and 3 and Batman Arkham Origins.
  6. Oct 31, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is to be considered the worst COD game. I am not a huge fan of Call of Duty because it never does anything spectacular. Ghosts is exactly what you might expect from a terribly average Call of Duty - terrible rehashed graphics, samey game-play like always and an entertaining campaign. The story of Ghosts lacks creativity and it makes you feel like you are playing anCall of Duty: Ghosts is to be considered the worst COD game. I am not a huge fan of Call of Duty because it never does anything spectacular. Ghosts is exactly what you might expect from a terribly average Call of Duty - terrible rehashed graphics, samey game-play like always and an entertaining campaign. The story of Ghosts lacks creativity and it makes you feel like you are playing an expansion to maybe Call of Duty 4. Truth is, MW3 had the best campaign in the series in my opinion, but the multiplayer lacked in many aspects; for starters it was terribly hacked, boring and sucked. Ghosts does improve on the multiplayer SLIGHTLY, but it is very hard to play the game in such terrible 2006-like graphics. Even Call of Duty 3 had better graphics, and the game was ported from the PS2 (if I am not mistaken) to the PS3 REMASTERED. Call of Duty never changes, and Ghosts is the worst in the franchise. Though you should get Advanced Warfare, it looks like the next COD.

COD 1 (seemed like a full game) COD 2 (seemed like a full game) COD 3 (seemed like an expansion to COD 2) COD 4 MW (seemed like a full game) COD WAW (seemed like an expansion to Call of Duty 2 with COD 4 gameplay) COD MW2 (seemed like an expansion to COD 4 with better gameplay and graphics) COD BO 1 (seemed like a mixed game, seemed like a standalone expansion), COD MW3 (definitely just an expansion to COD 4 and MW2), COD BO2 (seemed like a new full game, but it didn't feel like one), COD Ghosts (Crap, don't bother. Seems like $60 DLC for COD 3) COD AW (I will give it a try)
  7. Oct 22, 2014
    I couldn't believe that 722 people gave this game a bad review. Probably only because it's different. Which is strange because most people claim it's just a copy of past Call of Duty games. (If it is a copy cat, you can't really say you loved MW2 and hate ghosts) Yes, it is different. They were listening to fans so they changed their game. there are better graphics, bigger maps, a higherI couldn't believe that 722 people gave this game a bad review. Probably only because it's different. Which is strange because most people claim it's just a copy of past Call of Duty games. (If it is a copy cat, you can't really say you loved MW2 and hate ghosts) Yes, it is different. They were listening to fans so they changed their game. there are better graphics, bigger maps, a higher resolution on next-gen and new game modes. People were begging for bigger maps. Now everyone realizes that that wasn't what they wanted. The maps are too big, that's one of the worst things. I really wish they wouldn't have made them that much bigger, but that is nothing that deserves 722 negative reviews. My friends agree that ghosts is a great game, and that Call of Duty is still moving forward. I'm willing to bet that at least 500 of the bad reviews on here will buy advanced warfare. If you're a Call of Duty fan, I highly recommend this game. But if you're just a MW2 fan then you should get off the internet. Almost every review I read called ghosts out on being the same as every other CoD. One user, "Gamingrules37" rated this game a 4/10 saying it was "the same game since MW3" First of all this isn't true and second, there was only one game between MW3 and Ghosts and God knows it's nothing like black ops 2. these negative reviews are ridiculous. Review ghosts, not the past CoDs, and stop saying it's a copy of the same game. That is why you buy CoD every year. It IS the same game, but it always has new maps and new weapons and new ways to die. You have to adjust, and if you can't then maybe you should stop playing CoD. Expand
  8. Oct 19, 2014
    The gameplay is decent, I'm not concerned about the "repetitive" parts, however the reason to give this game this score is the people that plays this game, this game is suppose to be for people from 17 and on, but the mainly "persons" that play this game are Kids from 8-11, so this is becoming annoying because they don't know what exactly the goal of the game is.
  9. Oct 15, 2014
    This cod game bring a new playstyle to the table and is a big change from the old "look forward and shoot" that comes out of all the other cod games in this one you must watch your area, and with the new patches, knifes are no longer overpowered, the guns that dominated the maps are balanced ghosts is not my favourite cod game but it is the players within the game that make is so angering.This cod game bring a new playstyle to the table and is a big change from the old "look forward and shoot" that comes out of all the other cod games in this one you must watch your area, and with the new patches, knifes are no longer overpowered, the guns that dominated the maps are balanced ghosts is not my favourite cod game but it is the players within the game that make is so angering. they camp with the hybrid thermal scope on LMGs but you still have a chance to kill them, this game tests all you your FPS skills
    i do not recommend this game for noobs
  10. Oct 7, 2014
    The multiplayer is fine and fun to play with friends, but not nearly as good as Bo2. The campaign had a cool story but a little disappointing. It's a good game, but just disappointing.
  11. Sep 25, 2014
    I think that its an okay game. ts not a great game but if you see it in a bargain bin at gamestop 5 years from now, Maybe you might want to try it. The campaign was really easy and it only took me a few hours to beat my first time playing through it, Plus the ending is horrible. the multiplayer is average. there are a few good maps. But none that are worth making the default map when youI think that its an okay game. ts not a great game but if you see it in a bargain bin at gamestop 5 years from now, Maybe you might want to try it. The campaign was really easy and it only took me a few hours to beat my first time playing through it, Plus the ending is horrible. the multiplayer is average. there are a few good maps. But none that are worth making the default map when you have a friend over (like nuketown from black ops 2). if you are going to get into cod. Start out with either cod 4/modern warfare, or black ops 2. Expand
  12. Sep 15, 2014
    call of duty is a game franchise that is beginning to suffer from it's own success, with the latest instalment ghosts the story mode although interesting feels like it has taken a step back from black ops 2 in that with black ops 2 both the decisions you make and how successful you were at the missions throughout the campaign have an impact on the final outcome. the on-line mode feels toocall of duty is a game franchise that is beginning to suffer from it's own success, with the latest instalment ghosts the story mode although interesting feels like it has taken a step back from black ops 2 in that with black ops 2 both the decisions you make and how successful you were at the missions throughout the campaign have an impact on the final outcome. the on-line mode feels too similar to previous games. it is not a bad game but in my opinion add very little to the COD Franchise Expand
  13. Sep 13, 2014
    Too bad that after diluting the franchise with uninspired yearly releases, this game finally got many things right. The most evident one is online multiplayer, where we can finally play a Call of Duty game where the weapons are balanced. While the new marksman rifle class seems a bit overpowered, assault rifles, SMGs, even shotguns and sniper rifles, can hold their own. There's no singleToo bad that after diluting the franchise with uninspired yearly releases, this game finally got many things right. The most evident one is online multiplayer, where we can finally play a Call of Duty game where the weapons are balanced. While the new marksman rifle class seems a bit overpowered, assault rifles, SMGs, even shotguns and sniper rifles, can hold their own. There's no single "best gun in the game", and the perks can really enhance your play style.

The level of interactivity they added to the maps works in various degrees of success/failure. Seems like a little Battlefield envy worked there. Speaking of DLC, they managed to find another money-grabbing scheme: Character customization. Some Team Fortress 2 envy also made an impact.

Not everything is great in multiplayer. As equipment goes, the annoying IED that litters every multiplayer map, has become this game's n00b tube. Most of the maps are a mess. They improved the maps quality in the DLC, though not all of them are good. While they got the guns, and the perks right, the killstreaks are mostly ground based, and save the "juggernaut maniac", they are no longer fun.

The new Extinction coop mode is a good alternative to the zombies, but it's repetitive and loses its charm after several hours of play. One of the best new additions is the Squad mode where you play coop against bots, or a team of your own bots and another player's. It's less stressful than multiplayer, and even helps level up your character.

Is not worth reviewing the campaign. It's a mess and as uninspired as it can get. The interface of the game is also uninspired. There's a lack of excitement when you level up your character, make a kill, or complete a mission.

The gameplay mechanics are still the best out there. The leveling system is now better as you "prestige" a character that becomes part of your team and you can level up another.

Overall, the game feels like it's going in cruise control. It's still a little fun, but not as much as it used to be. Despite solid gameplay, the franchise completely lost its charm a couple of years ago. This is my last Call of Duty game.
  14. Sep 6, 2014
    Well, lets get started on ghosts, The story sucked ass... Lets be honest, The graphics where better than black ops 2 but pretty damn crap considering when this game was made. The Multi-player was fun for an hour, the only fun thing I find doing on it is on local split screen, me and my friend verses 10 enemy bots, the max of bots you can have.
  15. Sep 5, 2014
    The game feel like a stepback from previous titles, because you really miss things like muting all players just my pressing SQUARE + X, camos for your all your secondary camos, including diamond camos and the new "3D moving" DLC camos Afterlife and Weaponized 115. The Campaign was O.K, but still felt like a stepback because of the different ending that Black Ops II had.

BO2 was a much

BO2 was a much better game in my opinion, there you felt like a badass soldier with rock music playing in the background and you just run around kicking ass. That's the Call of Duty people miss, Ghosts is slow and unfair, because when you have such a low TTK everything will rely on who's got the best connection. If you for example play a game in Europe together with a host from the US, you will have a very bad time playing.

Ghosts is playable, don't get me wrong, but it's much less noob-friendly than previous games so if you are between noob and above average you will have a hard time playing against pro players. If you are really, really good at COD, you might want to buy this, but still, I think you should wait until the price drops. This game isn't worth $59 at the moment.
  16. Aug 27, 2014
    By far the worse CoD. Usually i tend to love the same formula when it's a good one. This time around Infinity Ward created a bland and confusing campaign and the Online...
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    PRESENTATION: Well, as good as ever. If it was for the presentation i'll give my usual 9 to the CoD series. GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION. ONLINE: What is this?
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION.
    ONLINE: What is this? IW picked up the (great) idea of Treyarch pick 10 system and they managed to build a very confusing progression system. The maps were all pretty forgetable. Undoubtedly the worse online experience to the CoD series. And character selection? Drop it please!
    They better get i right the next time. I was expecting highly of Ghosts especially after the excellent BO2 but Infinity Ward f***** up this time.
  17. Aug 25, 2014
    One of the worst COD to date. Even though i did like the story and the guns the online play let me down. The gun wiggles around like its made of rubber and it glitches alot. Because of that this game gets 1/10
  18. Aug 23, 2014
    What the hell did I just play!? What the **** happened to this franchise!! What were the developers thinking when coming up with this god forsaken mess. The campaign is decent, nothing to shabby but still fun to play but the multiplayer on the other hand is just pure garbage. The spawns are awful, the maps are way to big, there's no weapon and perk balance, the killstreaks are garbage, theWhat the hell did I just play!? What the **** happened to this franchise!! What were the developers thinking when coming up with this god forsaken mess. The campaign is decent, nothing to shabby but still fun to play but the multiplayer on the other hand is just pure garbage. The spawns are awful, the maps are way to big, there's no weapon and perk balance, the killstreaks are garbage, the connection is so bad that sometimes i get kicked out of a game for no reason and the multiplayer is so boring that it makes me want to watch a game of golf on TV. OHH and don't even get me started on squads mode and the zombies ripoff but with aliens instead. Atleast the game still works and like I said the campaign is decent. Expand
  19. Aug 9, 2014
    This is perhaps the worst game in Call of Duty history. Despite an improvement in Multiplayer functions, "Ghosts" singleplayer is the same Linear based formula that got old after Black Ops. It's Extinction Mode is clearly derivative, seemingly ripping off Treyarch's Zombie Mode, and incorporating themes from the "Alien" series of movies into the game. The DLC is whimsical and stupid, andThis is perhaps the worst game in Call of Duty history. Despite an improvement in Multiplayer functions, "Ghosts" singleplayer is the same Linear based formula that got old after Black Ops. It's Extinction Mode is clearly derivative, seemingly ripping off Treyarch's Zombie Mode, and incorporating themes from the "Alien" series of movies into the game. The DLC is whimsical and stupid, and not worth the money. You'd be better off buying Battlefield 4, because I guarantee you will be disappointed by this lackluster title to the Call of Duty franchise. Expand
  20. Jul 19, 2014
    If you like a game where they patch and nerf everything good about it and ignore all of the mods and glitches that people use, this is the game for you! If you want to play a game so packed with micro-dlc because the developers care more about your wallet, than the actually gamer? Then Ghosts is totally for you. I have been playing CoD for 17 years now and I have to say that this is theIf you like a game where they patch and nerf everything good about it and ignore all of the mods and glitches that people use, this is the game for you! If you want to play a game so packed with micro-dlc because the developers care more about your wallet, than the actually gamer? Then Ghosts is totally for you. I have been playing CoD for 17 years now and I have to say that this is the worst game that I have ever played. The game itself has lag, it has really bad balancing, and to top it off it is filled with more little kids than ever. The community is trash, this is actually the easiest CoD since MW3, but everything is so horrible. It is just not worth my time even putting it in my disc tray. lol Expand
  21. Jul 2, 2014
    There's so many things wrong with this multiplayer gameplay & that unwanted PS3 version of extinction. The campaign really impressed me all the way though.
  22. Jul 1, 2014
    Yeah, I could play it for maybe an hour and then I just want to throw it into the burning pit of worthless games that should not have existed. As far as I can see, this is the worst COD ever (Since this review was written). If you still want to play COD, go pick up MW or actually... any COD is better than Ghosts. 2/10 since it's not a complete pile of crap... unless you play it for moreYeah, I could play it for maybe an hour and then I just want to throw it into the burning pit of worthless games that should not have existed. As far as I can see, this is the worst COD ever (Since this review was written). If you still want to play COD, go pick up MW or actually... any COD is better than Ghosts. 2/10 since it's not a complete pile of crap... unless you play it for more than an hour. Expand
  23. Jun 16, 2014
    the game is awesome the graphics awesome i love the aliens mode like old days zombies!! yee black ops2 black ops1 the aliens is a certainly different thing more fun and more hard. online is too awesome and campaing funny i loved all campaing npc's like riley ! i love this game!
  24. Jun 1, 2014
    The create a class (Create a Soldier) system is the best class creation system in all of CoD, personally that I have seen so far. It's just so well put together that I personally like it more than BO2's class system. However, many aspects of the game are just plain horrible and they just make BO2 so much more better. For starters, 85-90% of the maps are oversized for the amount of playersThe create a class (Create a Soldier) system is the best class creation system in all of CoD, personally that I have seen so far. It's just so well put together that I personally like it more than BO2's class system. However, many aspects of the game are just plain horrible and they just make BO2 so much more better. For starters, 85-90% of the maps are oversized for the amount of players that are allowed. Stonehaven is a prime example, I always end up having to leave a game at least 4-5 times just to find a small map, which there are only 2 of without any DLC. The fact that IW (Infinity Ward) hyped up their fans for this crappy game neglects me buy/look at the new DLC's or even continue playing Ghosts. It just makes me feel like I'm getting my money milked. Don't let the franchise get to you. Save your money by not buying this game. Expand
  25. May 31, 2014
    The campaign is good
    But the multiplayer sometimes is really slow and tha maps are huge
    The mechanics of the game for me are good enough but the multiplayer is still without dedicated servers and with such powerful guns the connection can be devastating for the experience At last if its your first cod you will have fun but if you have been playing cod for a long time you will find out
    The campaign is good
    But the multiplayer sometimes is really slow and tha maps are huge
    At last if its your first cod you will have fun but if you have been playing cod for a long time you will find out soon enough that this the worst cod ever made
  26. May 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. it was a really good game . are they doing a call of duty ghosts 2 because they should. try the game its great . even for girls . if they are doing a ghosts 2 please tell me. Expand
  27. May 28, 2014
    Boring uninspired maps, questionable textures and graphics which looked better about 3 previous games ago, and ridiculous single player story, COD Ghosts is another lackluster, repetitive cash grab for a series that has long outstayed its welcome. If you're familiar with any of the 'efforts' by the COD franchise, I'm sure you'll have no need for anymore explanation and dislike this game asBoring uninspired maps, questionable textures and graphics which looked better about 3 previous games ago, and ridiculous single player story, COD Ghosts is another lackluster, repetitive cash grab for a series that has long outstayed its welcome. If you're familiar with any of the 'efforts' by the COD franchise, I'm sure you'll have no need for anymore explanation and dislike this game as much as I do. The 3 stars I did give it were merely due to extinction mode which was an interesting twist on the horde mode that many AAA games spout these days. However, I found myself missing zombies and just wished I could've jumped into that after goofing around online for a little. Horrid game. Stop buying it people. Expand
  28. May 6, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is just the same old Call of Duty with a few new features. Black Ops 2, from what I've seen, still has more players than Ghosts and i'm not surprised. A waste of money if you ask me!
  29. May 6, 2014
    While the previous games in the series may have bought plenty of fun and entertainment to the player, over time each game's quality has degraded and degraded. Call Of Duty Ghosts is in my opinion the absolute low for the series, and I beg Activision to end it here, and not make their fans suffer by creating a turd even bigger than this one.
  30. May 4, 2014
    La verdad me parecio un juego totalmente aburrido en su modo multijugador la historia no esta tan mal pero la verdad que su multijugador es un ***** asco

1. Nov 18, 2013
    COD players, myself included, will still play Ghosts for the sake of having 20 or so new maps to play on over the course of the year, but in a franchise that’s the same year after year with slight changes, it’s reasonable to expect things to materially improve, not to take even a small step backwards.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    After loving the campaign in Black Ops 2, the single player in Ghosts feels like a step back for the series. The campaign felt tiresome, familiar, predictable and linear. The multiplayer on the other hand, saves the day as the tweaks to the gameplay and the new games modes make this the best multiplayer COD experience to date.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    It's a generally by-the-numbers excursion through big-budget wartime set pieces that, due to an unavoidable air of familiarity, wares out its welcome much quicker than it should.