2.6

1. Apr 3, 2017
    6.3 - Definitely the worst call of duty. Most of the time you don't even know where you get shot from on a lot of the multiplayer maps. Campaign was atrocious and that Aliens mode they implemented was trash. Graphics were still good being on the ps4 buts that's about it.
  2. Jul 30, 2016
    Its not the worst game as the already mentioned ratings suggest. As long as you did not pay a big price for this one, call of duty ghosts happens to be a one time quick play. The missions are far too easy and a breeze for most people. The story is not the greatest, but it will not matter really as long as you look at it as casual gaming. It depends on how you wish to approach this game.
  3. Feb 16, 2016
    Ghosts is the last CoD I bought, I wish it was Black Ops II. The game itself is not bad, but certainly disappointing, even more than MW3.

Campaign is nothing special in relation to past games, the story is not that memorable and while it's a bit longer than other campaigns, it doesn't feel fresh or interesting when you finish it. Multiplayer has now become a rehash from previous

Multiplayer has now become a rehash from previous CoDs, the only new addition is... a slide. The character customization is pointless, you have never been able to see your character in CoD and you neither can now, so why bother in customize it? Pointless DLC. A wolf skin for the dog? What's that about?

Extinction is probably the best thing in the game, innovative and fun to play, also very difficult and challenging. I didn't buy any DLC so I couldn't try the extra maps.

But after a month or two I never played Ghosts again. The game is just boring. Sure like once or twice a yearI can play the extinction map again. But honestly I won't come back to anything else. I do not recommend to buy this game at full price. If you find it like for 10 bucks and with DLC included, and you care about extinction, sure give it a try. But overall not a great game.
  4. Sep 2, 2015
    When I first started playing this, it seemed okay. But then it took a nosedive

Pro: Graphics and sound are very good. Soldier customization is a nice and welcome addition "Patches"/Emblems appearing on the soldier is a cool feature that I wish they did earlier. Squad mode is a good amount of fun, but I can see why not a lot of people play it. Campaign is decent (More on this in the
    When I first started playing this, it seemed okay. But then it took a nosedive

Pro:
    Graphics and sound are very good.
    Soldier customization is a nice and welcome addition
    Campaign is decent (More on this in the Con section)
    Guns are good
    Double render scopes
    Create a class is more intuitive, with things like the "Pick...13?" and class related kill/scorestreaks. It takes the good from MW3, and the good from BO2, and combines it. But there are still some problems.

Con:
    Maps and spawns are not good. Maps flow terribly and Expect to be killed from behind a lot. (The only decent map I found was Warhawk
    The campaign ending is a kick to your nads. watch it on youtube.
    Not much use for sliding.
    Time to kill is a little too fast
    Quickscoping is still in the game
    It's just...Boring. It get's really boring. This is the problem with the Unlock coins system. There's no incentive to keep playing to unlock the last gun/attachment, etc, and challeges are all long term (ex. 400 kills with said attachment to unlock 1 thing.)

Overall, it's a game that had quite a bit of potential, the customization options were very welcome in my eyes, and it had a lot of little things that made my experience better. And I got some enjoyment out of it, until I sunk about 5-10 hours in the game and unlocked everything I wanted, then the game just stopped holding attention, and it goes to collect dust on the shelf while you go to play more fun games.
  5. May 12, 2015
    Of all the Call Of Duties I've played this is the most disappointing so far. The campaign was excessively bland, with dull characters, overpowered weaponry, stupid enemy AI, and occasional bugs during gameplay, and the ending was absolutely moronic and nonsensical. The multiplayer was mediocre but not unbearable to play but it did result in the usual cheap deaths that us CoD fans have comeOf all the Call Of Duties I've played this is the most disappointing so far. The campaign was excessively bland, with dull characters, overpowered weaponry, stupid enemy AI, and occasional bugs during gameplay, and the ending was absolutely moronic and nonsensical. The multiplayer was mediocre but not unbearable to play but it did result in the usual cheap deaths that us CoD fans have come to expect, the killstreaks were unimpressive and dull. Extinction, however was suprisingly fun and incredibly intense especially later on. But overall aside from Extinction Mode, Call Of Duty:Ghosts is a uninspired and predictable entry in the CoD canon. Final score 48/100 Expand
  6. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  7. Feb 12, 2015
    I really think that this is the worst Call of Duty ever. I like the multiplayer and the graphics but I hate Extinction mode. And the story of the campaign. If Ghosts 2 comes out, I'm not buying it
  8. Dec 17, 2014
    Hi, just bought the game and started playing the campaign and the multiplayer. The feel that i got, it that the game is just as the same as Modern Warfare 2, with some improved textures and not so empty map areas.
    In my opinion, people have to realise that they can't change the CoD game engine on PS3, it's arcade like, and it will allways be. I have played Battlefield 3 on PS3, and i found very hard getting back to MW2 due to game style and graphics, so i bought this game to see if it could bring me back to the CoD shoot n' fun. Not disapointed, it's just a matter of getting used to the game and it's engine. Games are evolving to a newer generation, and that will not happen on PS3. They could change their game engine, but would it resemble to another game? Would people be happy with a futile or desperate move from Activision to keep the players? Worth my 24,99€, and me and my girlfriend will have a blast playing it.
  9. Nov 9, 2014
    Didn't really like this game. I want my COD in the present day combat mode. Present day weapons, incidents, places and in the present day time-line. Or scenarios from the past like WWII or something would fare better for me than this futuristic story-lines.
  10. Nov 6, 2014
    The game is overall ok. But its story mode sucks to the core. The multiplay is awesome except the extinction and squads. The graphics are good but the best the COD games are COD 4 Modern warfare and COD Black ops 2. It seems that COD Advanced warfare is awesome. Anyways this game sucks a little bit.
    I suggest you to the best COD games as I said. The guns in this game are nice but the guns in the other games are ok.
    There are big maps in this game and nice suits.The games worth it are Batman Arkham City , Assassins creed 2 and 3 and Batman Arkham Origins.
  11. Oct 31, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is to be considered the worst COD game. I am not a huge fan of Call of Duty because it never does anything spectacular. Ghosts is exactly what you might expect from a terribly average Call of Duty - terrible rehashed graphics, samey game-play like always and an entertaining campaign. The story of Ghosts lacks creativity and it makes you feel like you are playing anCall of Duty: Ghosts is to be considered the worst COD game. I am not a huge fan of Call of Duty because it never does anything spectacular. Ghosts is exactly what you might expect from a terribly average Call of Duty - terrible rehashed graphics, samey game-play like always and an entertaining campaign. The story of Ghosts lacks creativity and it makes you feel like you are playing an expansion to maybe Call of Duty 4. Truth is, MW3 had the best campaign in the series in my opinion, but the multiplayer lacked in many aspects; for starters it was terribly hacked, boring and sucked. Ghosts does improve on the multiplayer SLIGHTLY, but it is very hard to play the game in such terrible 2006-like graphics. Even Call of Duty 3 had better graphics, and the game was ported from the PS2 (if I am not mistaken) to the PS3 REMASTERED. Call of Duty never changes, and Ghosts is the worst in the franchise. Though you should get Advanced Warfare, it looks like the next COD.

COD 1 (seemed like a full game) COD 2 (seemed like a full game) COD 3 (seemed like an expansion to COD 2) COD 4 MW (seemed like a full game) COD WAW (seemed like an expansion to Call of Duty 2 with COD 4 gameplay) COD MW2 (seemed like an expansion to COD 4 with better gameplay and graphics) COD BO 1 (seemed like a mixed game, seemed like a standalone expansion), COD MW3 (definitely just an expansion to COD 4 and MW2), COD BO2 (seemed like a new full game, but it didn't feel like one), COD Ghosts (Crap, don't bother. Seems like $60 DLC for COD 3) COD AW (I will give it a try)
  12. Oct 19, 2014
    The gameplay is decent, I'm not concerned about the "repetitive" parts, however the reason to give this game this score is the people that plays this game, this game is suppose to be for people from 17 and on, but the mainly "persons" that play this game are Kids from 8-11, so this is becoming annoying because they don't know what exactly the goal of the game is.
  13. Oct 7, 2014
    The multiplayer is fine and fun to play with friends, but not nearly as good as Bo2. The campaign had a cool story but a little disappointing. It's a good game, but just disappointing.
  14. Sep 25, 2014
    I think that its an okay game. ts not a great game but if you see it in a bargain bin at gamestop 5 years from now, Maybe you might want to try it. The campaign was really easy and it only took me a few hours to beat my first time playing through it, Plus the ending is horrible. the multiplayer is average. there are a few good maps. But none that are worth making the default map when youI think that its an okay game. ts not a great game but if you see it in a bargain bin at gamestop 5 years from now, Maybe you might want to try it. The campaign was really easy and it only took me a few hours to beat my first time playing through it, Plus the ending is horrible. the multiplayer is average. there are a few good maps. But none that are worth making the default map when you have a friend over (like nuketown from black ops 2). if you are going to get into cod. Start out with either cod 4/modern warfare, or black ops 2. Expand
  15. Sep 15, 2014
    call of duty is a game franchise that is beginning to suffer from it's own success, with the latest instalment ghosts the story mode although interesting feels like it has taken a step back from black ops 2 in that with black ops 2 both the decisions you make and how successful you were at the missions throughout the campaign have an impact on the final outcome. the on-line mode feels toocall of duty is a game franchise that is beginning to suffer from it's own success, with the latest instalment ghosts the story mode although interesting feels like it has taken a step back from black ops 2 in that with black ops 2 both the decisions you make and how successful you were at the missions throughout the campaign have an impact on the final outcome. the on-line mode feels too similar to previous games. it is not a bad game but in my opinion add very little to the COD Franchise Expand
  16. Sep 13, 2014
    Too bad that after diluting the franchise with uninspired yearly releases, this game finally got many things right. The most evident one is online multiplayer, where we can finally play a Call of Duty game where the weapons are balanced. While the new marksman rifle class seems a bit overpowered, assault rifles, SMGs, even shotguns and sniper rifles, can hold their own. There's no singleToo bad that after diluting the franchise with uninspired yearly releases, this game finally got many things right. The most evident one is online multiplayer, where we can finally play a Call of Duty game where the weapons are balanced. While the new marksman rifle class seems a bit overpowered, assault rifles, SMGs, even shotguns and sniper rifles, can hold their own. There's no single "best gun in the game", and the perks can really enhance your play style.

The level of interactivity they added to the maps works in various degrees of success/failure. Seems like a little Battlefield envy worked there. Speaking of DLC, they managed to find another money-grabbing scheme: Character customization. Some Team Fortress 2 envy also made an impact.

Not everything is great in multiplayer. As equipment goes, the annoying IED that litters every multiplayer map, has become this game's n00b tube. Most of the maps are a mess. They improved the maps quality in the DLC, though not all of them are good. While they got the guns, and the perks right, the killstreaks are mostly ground based, and save the "juggernaut maniac", they are no longer fun.

The new Extinction coop mode is a good alternative to the zombies, but it's repetitive and loses its charm after several hours of play. One of the best new additions is the Squad mode where you play coop against bots, or a team of your own bots and another player's. It's less stressful than multiplayer, and even helps level up your character.

Is not worth reviewing the campaign. It's a mess and as uninspired as it can get. The interface of the game is also uninspired. There's a lack of excitement when you level up your character, make a kill, or complete a mission.

The gameplay mechanics are still the best out there. The leveling system is now better as you "prestige" a character that becomes part of your team and you can level up another.

Overall, the game feels like it's going in cruise control. It's still a little fun, but not as much as it used to be. Despite solid gameplay, the franchise completely lost its charm a couple of years ago. This is my last Call of Duty game.
  17. Sep 6, 2014
    Well, lets get started on ghosts, The story sucked ass... Lets be honest, The graphics where better than black ops 2 but pretty damn crap considering when this game was made. The Multi-player was fun for an hour, the only fun thing I find doing on it is on local split screen, me and my friend verses 10 enemy bots, the max of bots you can have.
  18. Sep 5, 2014
    The game feel like a stepback from previous titles, because you really miss things like muting all players just my pressing SQUARE + X, camos for your all your secondary camos, including diamond camos and the new "3D moving" DLC camos Afterlife and Weaponized 115. The Campaign was O.K, but still felt like a stepback because of the different ending that Black Ops II had.

BO2 was a much

BO2 was a much better game in my opinion, there you felt like a badass soldier with rock music playing in the background and you just run around kicking ass. That's the Call of Duty people miss, Ghosts is slow and unfair, because when you have such a low TTK everything will rely on who's got the best connection. If you for example play a game in Europe together with a host from the US, you will have a very bad time playing.

Ghosts is playable, don't get me wrong, but it's much less noob-friendly than previous games so if you are between noob and above average you will have a hard time playing against pro players. If you are really, really good at COD, you might want to buy this, but still, I think you should wait until the price drops. This game isn't worth $59 at the moment.
  19. Aug 27, 2014
    By far the worse CoD. Usually i tend to love the same formula when it's a good one. This time around Infinity Ward created a bland and confusing campaign and the Online...
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    PRESENTATION: Well, as good as ever. If it was for the presentation i'll give my usual 9 to the CoD series. GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION. ONLINE: What is this?
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION.
    ONLINE: What is this? IW picked up the (great) idea of Treyarch pick 10 system and they managed to build a very confusing progression system. The maps were all pretty forgetable. Undoubtedly the worse online experience to the CoD series. And character selection? Drop it please!
    They better get i right the next time. I was expecting highly of Ghosts especially after the excellent BO2 but Infinity Ward f***** up this time.
  20. Aug 9, 2014
    This is perhaps the worst game in Call of Duty history. Despite an improvement in Multiplayer functions, "Ghosts" singleplayer is the same Linear based formula that got old after Black Ops. It's Extinction Mode is clearly derivative, seemingly ripping off Treyarch's Zombie Mode, and incorporating themes from the "Alien" series of movies into the game. The DLC is whimsical and stupid, andThis is perhaps the worst game in Call of Duty history. Despite an improvement in Multiplayer functions, "Ghosts" singleplayer is the same Linear based formula that got old after Black Ops. It's Extinction Mode is clearly derivative, seemingly ripping off Treyarch's Zombie Mode, and incorporating themes from the "Alien" series of movies into the game. The DLC is whimsical and stupid, and not worth the money. You'd be better off buying Battlefield 4, because I guarantee you will be disappointed by this lackluster title to the Call of Duty franchise. Expand
  21. Jul 2, 2014
    There's so many things wrong with this multiplayer gameplay & that unwanted PS3 version of extinction. The campaign really impressed me all the way though.
  22. May 31, 2014
    The campaign is good
    But the multiplayer sometimes is really slow and tha maps are huge
    The mechanics of the game for me are good enough but the multiplayer is still without dedicated servers and with such powerful guns the connection can be devastating for the experience At last if its your first cod you will have fun but if you have been playing cod for a long time you will find out
    The campaign is good
    But the multiplayer sometimes is really slow and tha maps are huge
    At last if its your first cod you will have fun but if you have been playing cod for a long time you will find out soon enough that this the worst cod ever made
  23. May 3, 2014
    I have waited for so long for that game and when i tried it i was so disappointed about it.There was a lot of good critics about it,so i wanted to buy it.The graphics of the guns are really ugly and the gold colour ew!The campaign is actually pretty good but the online play is just really weird ant the modes are not good at all.
  24. Apr 9, 2014
    To be honest,I had high expectations for this game but it went down the drain. The maps are too damn big and the storyline seems stupid if they're not making another ghost cod ghost 2. There's also a lot of glitches. But the multiplayer is sort of fun. That's why I rated this a 5,not a 2 or 3.
  25. Apr 8, 2014
    ghost multiplayer freezes all the time, other than that I love it. Love the new maps, the operations, and the gear. It is challenging, but not difficult to play.
  26. Mar 27, 2014
    Objectively it's a good game. It's fun and anyone can pick it up and have fun playing it because it's so simple. However that is one of its main issues. The game can get repetitive and boring after a while of playing online and the campaign is too easy it feels like i'm strapped into a roller coaster. It's a nice how you can be going guns blazing at one point in space and then go allObjectively it's a good game. It's fun and anyone can pick it up and have fun playing it because it's so simple. However that is one of its main issues. The game can get repetitive and boring after a while of playing online and the campaign is too easy it feels like i'm strapped into a roller coaster. It's a nice how you can be going guns blazing at one point in space and then go all silent spec ops killing dudes quietly, but I feel as if though I got no control. It feels like if it's all done for me and i'm just supposed to watch. It's too linear and scripted. The story is a bit weird too. I feel as though i'm the bad guy. I mean the U.S builds a doomsday device in space and the world is supposed to do nothing while the U.S. has a doomsday device hanging over everyone's heads. Also the countries fighting you have a good reason to fight you. They had been oppressed, impoverished, and exploited by the U.S for years. This game just feel like a cliche patriotic xenophobic movie like Rockie IV. Expand
  27. Mar 18, 2014
    I'm not going to sigh in disgust at a game that presents itself fairly well and provides a good few hours of entertainment. And that's where it falls of its pedestal. After trying the multiplayer demo over the weekend the thrill had gone and I had no desire to carry on with the multiplayer. I found that when I was about to go back on it I was asking myself "why are you not playingI'm not going to sigh in disgust at a game that presents itself fairly well and provides a good few hours of entertainment. And that's where it falls of its pedestal. After trying the multiplayer demo over the weekend the thrill had gone and I had no desire to carry on with the multiplayer. I found that when I was about to go back on it I was asking myself "why are you not playing Assassin's Creed or Battlefield". In other words what this game needs to do well is no other games in the entire world that are good. Then I'll play it again. But until that fateful day there are just too many other good alternatives to distract me. Some may say to do the single player campaign, but from the perspective of a guy who's played every CoD campaign since Finest Hour, I find myself asking "How different can this one really be?". Oh the enemies are speaking Brazilian? Yawn. At first they were speaking German, then Russian, then German again, then English. Some re-textured enemies are not going to convince me to fork out £40 on a mediocre (at best) game. And the campaigns all have the same structure. Lot's of death, a big explosion, another big explosion, a big gun you get to play with for 30 seconds and to finish off the level a big death filled explosion. Pretty much anything that will attract the attention of any adolescent teenager within a five mile radius. It's silly, over the top action that you could get from an 80's movie. Now, I'm not saying by any means that Battlefield 4's single player is any better because it's not. Or the fact that Assassin's Creed 4's multiplayer is better, because it's not. But switch them around and you have two longer term alternatives (AC4 offers a breath taking single player experience and Battlefield has enough of a reputation online to speak for itself). Ghosts is an average game and in a market where there are not stunning, ground breaking games coming out on a regular basis, I just don't see the appeal in a game where the main new feature is women followed by fish that get out of your way... Expand
  28. Mar 7, 2014
    The game isn't as bad as many people are saying. Some drastic improvements have been made, during in game, they've worked on weapon balance, spawns, etc.

But even though they tried COD: Ghost is still yet another game like the rest of the Call of Duty series, It's been copy and pasted, and given a few improvements. I played a decent amount of the game, but after about 4-5 hours

I played a decent amount of the game, but after about 4-5 hours online I began to find that the game is just to repetitive, which now it's just left with the rest of the games I got bored of.

COD: Ghost could have been an awesome game! But again the developers got lazy, and just stayed to the same formula(Which is good yes! But after 5 or 6 of the same games with the exact same formula, it's time for an improvement! In example: Valve does a good job with keeping the same formula, but making each of there games fascinating at the same time) In all, I suggest you just wait until the price drops, since $60 is way over priced for a game that's only been slightly improved.
  29. Feb 24, 2014
    I am going to be as blunt as I can. Call of Duty: Ghosts is a pretty mediocre game. And this comes from a guy who actually enjoys playing Call of Duty, and one who loved what Treyarch did in "Black Ops 2". But Infinity Ward, who at least tried to renovate the franchise even though still including the fast and loveable CoD formula fans love, has brought us a 60 dollar package that is aI am going to be as blunt as I can. Call of Duty: Ghosts is a pretty mediocre game. And this comes from a guy who actually enjoys playing Call of Duty, and one who loved what Treyarch did in "Black Ops 2". But Infinity Ward, who at least tried to renovate the franchise even though still including the fast and loveable CoD formula fans love, has brought us a 60 dollar package that is a little bit uneven. A great, fun multiplayer with exciting new additions, but an absolutely cringeworthy campaign and an even worse attempt to copy the successful Zombies mode from Treyarch's shoot-em-up extravaganza.
    First of all, let's talk about the campaign. They tried to sell it as an "Academy Award Winning Written Story full of heart". My ass. It is another "America, **** yeah" story with one dimensional characters and over-the-top dialogue. And the gameplay is just so boring. The missions are so linear (Except one that tries to introduce some stealth into the mix, but bad AI and level design ends up being messy) and the guns feel so similar, I thought more than once leaving the campaign and abandon it on a pile of cow feces. Still, it is not all bad. The visuals are spot on, even on PS3, and the framerate is top-notch. Too bad the voice acting makes you want to kill yourself.
    The multiplayer, with new modes and incredible map design, are the opposite. Ghosts has introduced lots of new toys for fans to explore, from verticality on the level's designs to a sort of "dynamic" appeal, which is not as dynamic as Battlefield's "Levolution" but still offers the chills. In fact, one of the new modes introduced, "Cranked" is one of my favourite multiplayer modes ever. Besides that, they added deep character customization that makes things even more enjoyable. Love it or hate it, multiplayer is awesome at Ghosts.
    Wanna know what is not awesome? Extinction mode. WHY? WHY DID YOU FEEL OBLIGATED TO ADD THIS IN THE GAME? It is an absolute mess. It is not very cooperative, at moments it is ridiculously unfair and the map designs take a turn for the worse. It is along with the campaign in the Cow feces, questioning Infinity Ward's competence.
    Buy this for the multiplayer, stay for the exact reason you bought it for. But it is not worth 60 bucks. Maybe an even 40 or 35 bucks will do just fine.
  30. Feb 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This COD is Disappointing, but not a bad game.
    The Main Campaign itself has Gameplay that doesn't have flaws, aside from glitches and the fact it's the same gameplay from the other COD games. The Story is a simple 'Meh', does have some nice Moments, but the ending is just atrocious, I was like... "ANOTHER SEQUEL!?, ARE YOU SERIOUS!?".
    The Multiplayer is the worst of all COD games, even though I think that the 'Create a Soldier' is cool and the gameplay Isn't Ruined or Anything. The maps are frustratingly way too big, giving an opportunity for campers. Some Weapons are Stupidly more Powerful than others, Making everyone use that certain Weapon.
    Overall, The Game is just not bad, but the worst COD ever Made

1. Nov 18, 2013
    COD players, myself included, will still play Ghosts for the sake of having 20 or so new maps to play on over the course of the year, but in a franchise that’s the same year after year with slight changes, it’s reasonable to expect things to materially improve, not to take even a small step backwards.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    After loving the campaign in Black Ops 2, the single player in Ghosts feels like a step back for the series. The campaign felt tiresome, familiar, predictable and linear. The multiplayer on the other hand, saves the day as the tweaks to the gameplay and the new games modes make this the best multiplayer COD experience to date.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    It's a generally by-the-numbers excursion through big-budget wartime set pieces that, due to an unavoidable air of familiarity, wares out its welcome much quicker than it should.