2.6

1. Nov 9, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty. This time Infinity Ward is up to bat, and they take more than a few pages from the Treyarch handbook. A new four-player co-op mode with a crazy theme, a pick ten and currency system for multiplayer, and a campaign that has characters and a story that you can (mostly) follow. All of this sounds great, and this is truly the most ambitious Call of Duty toAnother year, another Call of Duty. This time Infinity Ward is up to bat, and they take more than a few pages from the Treyarch handbook. A new four-player co-op mode with a crazy theme, a pick ten and currency system for multiplayer, and a campaign that has characters and a story that you can (mostly) follow. All of this sounds great, and this is truly the most ambitious Call of Duty to come from Infinity Ward, but somewhere along the way they botched everything making this the worst COD since Modern Warfare 2.

The campaign just plain sucks. It's got a great story even if it can get a bit muddled at times, and the characters are fantastic. I truly came to care about Logan and Hesh and despised the main antagonist. However everything falls short from a gameplay perspective. Firefights are tedious, some sections just feel like they are on rails, and level design can be horrendous. All of this makes for a campaign that's just no fun to play, which is disappointing considering how good it all sounded when I heard about it. But no one buys COD for the campaign, they buy it for the multiplayer, which unfortunately fall short as well.

It's clear that Infinity Ward did at least try to add some changes to the established multiplayer formula. They did it by borrowing the currency and pick 10 system from the two Black Ops games and adding their own twists. These additions don't save the game, but they end up being better than nothing. they also added larger maps, which somehow end up managing to be too large for their own good. Thanks to the increased size of the maps there are long stretches that you'll spend looking for someone to kill, rather than actually killing someone. It also makes death feel a little cheap when someone kills you not by skill, but simply because they were lucky enough to stumble up on you before you could stumble up on them. Some new modes are added but they end up being throwaway and you'll most likely stick with the regular established modes. All in all multiplayer still provides some minor thrills at times, but all these new changes end up hurting the experience rather than helping it.

The games new attention on co-op modes is great, outside of the lame "Squads" mode that is really only worth playing if you're new to COD multiplayer. Where Infinity Ward manages to strike gold is with it's new "Extinction" mode. This new four-player cooperative mode takes notes from Treyarch's popular zombies mode and has you fighting waves of aliens while completing various objectives. It's the best part of the game and you can spend hours playing it with friends.

In the end though one good mode can't save the overall package. It can be tedious to play at times, and the new changes can't shake the feeling of deja vu and end up hurting the overall experience. The campaign is dull and tedious. The multiplayer is is dated and the dog killstreak is overpowered. The cooperative mode is good but can't save the game. This is a huge disappointment and feels like a step back for a series that needs to move forward in order to keep fans. It really is the worst COD in years.
  2. Feb 2, 2014
    Ghost is Call of Duty's last leg. The campaign is very good and well executed. However, the multiplayer gets boring after a while and is nothing special. Any other game mode I didn't mention is also bad, starting with the fact that I can't even remember what it is called. Bad sign.
  3. May 3, 2014
    I have waited for so long for that game and when i tried it i was so disappointed about it.There was a lot of good critics about it,so i wanted to buy it.The graphics of the guns are really ugly and the gold colour ew!The campaign is actually pretty good but the online play is just really weird ant the modes are not good at all.
  4. Jul 1, 2014
    Yeah, I could play it for maybe an hour and then I just want to throw it into the burning pit of worthless games that should not have existed. As far as I can see, this is the worst COD ever (Since this review was written). If you still want to play COD, go pick up MW or actually... any COD is better than Ghosts. 2/10 since it's not a complete pile of crap... unless you play it for moreYeah, I could play it for maybe an hour and then I just want to throw it into the burning pit of worthless games that should not have existed. As far as I can see, this is the worst COD ever (Since this review was written). If you still want to play COD, go pick up MW or actually... any COD is better than Ghosts. 2/10 since it's not a complete pile of crap... unless you play it for more than an hour. Expand
  5. Nov 11, 2013
    You only have to look at my reviews for Call of Duty games to know I'm not a huge fan of them (besides 4...that was awesome) but Ghosts knew what it wanted to be, it knew how best to do it and it delivered the best Call of Duty since 4 much to my surprise.
    You play as Logan Walker, brother to 'Hesh' Walker and son to Elias Walker, the year is 2033 and after the destruction of the Middle East by nuclear war South America is the most oil rich country in the world. With this new-found power South America forms 'The Federation', a military power that begins to invade other countries in an attempt to run the world. With the U.S still holding on by a thread the Walkers brothers join a special tactics force known as the 'Ghosts' headed by their father Elias.
    Their job is to find an ex-Ghost named Rorke and stop him from utilising orbital weapons against the U.S in hope that it will help end the war.
    Ghosts continues the trend of CoD games by funnelling you through some visually impressive (yet not stunning) environments on a adrenaline roller-coaster ride of set pieces and tight gunplay. Ghosts can proudly say it has some of the best levels and set pieces in the franchise with a particularly stand-out final level that had my heart racing till the last second.
    The multiplayer uses a similar system to Black Ops 2, however it has been vastly tweaked and refined to provide the best and most balanced Call of Duty multiplayer to date with some equally awesome maps and game modes.
    Ghosts isn't without its problems, its repetitive, its still running on the MW2 engine (an upgraded version of the CoD4 engine), its a little cliche at times but as a whole package its the best Call of Duty in years and worth a go if its within your price range.
    Ignore the obviously sabotaged score, after reading the reviews myself, being someone who had the game disappointed me would have scored it that low myself, I can well and truly say they have not played the game and are judging the series based on its past failures.
    To say how much a previous Call of Duty hater enjoyed this game, I will without a doubt be pre-ordering Ghosts 2 in a couple of years time.
  6. Nov 12, 2013
    I usually dont give a game 0's, but infinity ward always seems to mess up, treyarch needs to be only one doing this game. I shall name the title of my review "Why the F". Why the F did infinity ward take out the dolphin dive and implement a half ass knee slide which helps at nothing in MP? now I have to press O twice to dive intro prone while capturing a flag. Why the F are half my kills,I usually dont give a game 0's, but infinity ward always seems to mess up, treyarch needs to be only one doing this game. I shall name the title of my review "Why the F". Why the F did infinity ward take out the dolphin dive and implement a half ass knee slide which helps at nothing in MP? now I have to press O twice to dive intro prone while capturing a flag. Why the F are half my kills, and half my deaths coming after I spawn right behind an enemy or an enemy spawns behind me? Why the F did you guys make generally larger maps and not include ground war? Why the F is there no party games? Why the F do the playlist seems so much little compared to BOPS2? Why the F did I spawn directly behind the B flag in domination. Why the F are the perks so confusing compared to BOPS2? Why the F are there support and assualt killstreaks? Why the F do the assault rifle shoots and looks like SMGS? Why the F did the spy plane go? What the F is the point of complicating things with a sat com? Why the F do people camp so much in such large maps? Why the F does it seem like it takes more bullets to kill a dog than a human? Why the F do all the assault rifle seem to be no different than another in terms of recoil and damage? Why the F is the point of implmenting looking around the corner when NO one uses it. What the F is squad points, why cant i rank up and get new items? Why the F did you think customizing soldiers look option is better than improving gameplay? Why the F do I die so fast? This MP is garbage, of course I did'nt play the campaign, but who the F cares about a repititve fps MP based story mode. Expand
  7. Nov 17, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts was a huge disappointment. The multiplayer is the same with a few tweaks, the Squads mode is fun but it gets boring after a while. The campaign is okay, their are some good parts like when you play as the dog Ryley and the ending is great, but the rest of the game feels rushed and boring. The Extinction mode really surprised me, it is the best thing about this game, inCall of Duty: Ghosts was a huge disappointment. The multiplayer is the same with a few tweaks, the Squads mode is fun but it gets boring after a while. The campaign is okay, their are some good parts like when you play as the dog Ryley and the ending is great, but the rest of the game feels rushed and boring. The Extinction mode really surprised me, it is the best thing about this game, in my opinion it is better than the zombies mode in the Treyarch games. The thing that really bothered me about this game is that the graphics dont even look improved, even Black Ops 2 looks better than this game, it looks the same as Modern Warfare 3 and that game came out in 2011. I wouldint recommend buying this game at full price, but if you do buy it on the Playstation 4 or Xbox One. Overall Score 68/100 Expand
  8. Dec 28, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty. Let's make this clear: Ghosts does NOT suck, yet it isn't the best CoD; not even close. The campaign was just mindless fun, like the previous campaigns, yet I was disappointed overall, as the trailers had more emotion than the story itself. Characters could have been developed more. One reviewer said that this is the longest campaign in the series, yetAnother year, another Call of Duty. Let's make this clear: Ghosts does NOT suck, yet it isn't the best CoD; not even close. The campaign was just mindless fun, like the previous campaigns, yet I was disappointed overall, as the trailers had more emotion than the story itself. Characters could have been developed more. One reviewer said that this is the longest campaign in the series, yet it lasted for 5-hours, again like the previous games.

Now onto the multiplayer, which everyone is mainly concerned about. Aside from customizing your own soldier, there is nothing really new. It's the same multiplayer. And what I hate is that everything is available for use, as long as your gather up enough points. What happened to this weapon being unlocked at this level, etc?

Extinction mode is also fun, but it can't save the entire package.

In the end, Ghosts is not bad, but not good. And it certainly isn't worth $60. I only got it because my bro got it for Christmas. If he didn't want it, I wouldn't have got it either. Wait for the price drop.
  9. Apr 3, 2017
    6.3 - Definitely the worst call of duty. Most of the time you don't even know where you get shot from on a lot of the multiplayer maps. Campaign was atrocious and that Aliens mode they implemented was trash. Graphics were still good being on the ps4 buts that's about it.
  10. Aug 27, 2014
    By far the worse CoD. Usually i tend to love the same formula when it's a good one. This time around Infinity Ward created a bland and confusing campaign and the Online...
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    PRESENTATION: Well, as good as ever. If it was for the presentation i'll give my usual 9 to the CoD series. GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION. ONLINE: What is this?
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION.
    ONLINE: What is this? IW picked up the (great) idea of Treyarch pick 10 system and they managed to build a very confusing progression system. The maps were all pretty forgetable. Undoubtedly the worse online experience to the CoD series. And character selection? Drop it please!
    They better get i right the next time. I was expecting highly of Ghosts especially after the excellent BO2 but Infinity Ward f***** up this time.
  11. Nov 10, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is really not something to get overly excited about. The game looks the same like previous COD games you would think they would be creative maybe take some risks to improve overall gameplay.

From the start I was confused the first scene you run back home and see everything destroyed then you are in space woopy doo da. You shoot. Boom explosion you actually in space.you fall down to earth. Shooting more another explosion and your dead then you back on earth holy that was confusing.

Finally you get to play but if I'm not mistaken this looks very familiar that's because it is it looks the same like every other cod game ever made come on infinity ward.

The gameplay is good don't get me mistaken but it does feel the same as other cod games just with a different story. The graphics is nothing spectacular at all. The controls are good and very easy to get use too.

The only wow thing about this is the fact you have a Dog come here boy good boy. Otherwise it is another it is just an average game that looks and feels the same every time a new cod is released.

At this rate Call of Duty is dying a slow painful death. I don't think this deserves a 0 nor does it deserve a 10.
  12. Nov 7, 2013
    Easily the worst in the series. The graphics are worst than Black Ops 2's and the campaign mode is bad in just about every single way. The mutiplayer is already hacked (really Infinity Ward? Maybe next time you should actually try making a new game like Treyarch instead of just rehashing half of the last Modern Warfare) and there's nothing new here. Even their pathetic attempt at competingEasily the worst in the series. The graphics are worst than Black Ops 2's and the campaign mode is bad in just about every single way. The mutiplayer is already hacked (really Infinity Ward? Maybe next time you should actually try making a new game like Treyarch instead of just rehashing half of the last Modern Warfare) and there's nothing new here. Even their pathetic attempt at competing with Battlefield's level changing mechanic is horribly implemented to the point where it almost never happened and when it did it was just a gas station exploding or a gate closing or something stupid. I'm still in disbelief about how bad this one is. Expand
  13. Mar 2, 2015
    so liked the story so loved the graphics so that I hated multiplayer **** your maps many great **** so extinction sucks hated change of zombies to aliens
  14. Feb 24, 2014
    I am going to be as blunt as I can. Call of Duty: Ghosts is a pretty mediocre game. And this comes from a guy who actually enjoys playing Call of Duty, and one who loved what Treyarch did in "Black Ops 2". But Infinity Ward, who at least tried to renovate the franchise even though still including the fast and loveable CoD formula fans love, has brought us a 60 dollar package that is aI am going to be as blunt as I can. Call of Duty: Ghosts is a pretty mediocre game. And this comes from a guy who actually enjoys playing Call of Duty, and one who loved what Treyarch did in "Black Ops 2". But Infinity Ward, who at least tried to renovate the franchise even though still including the fast and loveable CoD formula fans love, has brought us a 60 dollar package that is a little bit uneven. A great, fun multiplayer with exciting new additions, but an absolutely cringeworthy campaign and an even worse attempt to copy the successful Zombies mode from Treyarch's shoot-em-up extravaganza.
    First of all, let's talk about the campaign. They tried to sell it as an "Academy Award Winning Written Story full of heart". My ass. It is another "America, **** yeah" story with one dimensional characters and over-the-top dialogue. And the gameplay is just so boring. The missions are so linear (Except one that tries to introduce some stealth into the mix, but bad AI and level design ends up being messy) and the guns feel so similar, I thought more than once leaving the campaign and abandon it on a pile of cow feces. Still, it is not all bad. The visuals are spot on, even on PS3, and the framerate is top-notch. Too bad the voice acting makes you want to kill yourself.
    The multiplayer, with new modes and incredible map design, are the opposite. Ghosts has introduced lots of new toys for fans to explore, from verticality on the level's designs to a sort of "dynamic" appeal, which is not as dynamic as Battlefield's "Levolution" but still offers the chills. In fact, one of the new modes introduced, "Cranked" is one of my favourite multiplayer modes ever. Besides that, they added deep character customization that makes things even more enjoyable. Love it or hate it, multiplayer is awesome at Ghosts.
    Wanna know what is not awesome? Extinction mode. WHY? WHY DID YOU FEEL OBLIGATED TO ADD THIS IN THE GAME? It is an absolute mess. It is not very cooperative, at moments it is ridiculously unfair and the map designs take a turn for the worse. It is along with the campaign in the Cow feces, questioning Infinity Ward's competence.
    Buy this for the multiplayer, stay for the exact reason you bought it for. But it is not worth 60 bucks. Maybe an even 40 or 35 bucks will do just fine.
  15. Nov 10, 2013
    from a disappointing single player, to completely unbalanced multiplayer, to the barely passable extinction mode, in which you fight aliens while trying to destroy hives the newest call of duty is utterly inferior to black ops 2.
  16. Nov 5, 2013
    Surely the makers of this 10th instalment in the main series understand that everyone is becoming quite blasé about the franchise. This latest game does little to nothing in improving on the series and affirms Infinity Ward's seemingly apathetic attitude towards improving game quality. CoD: Ghosts offers yet another bland campaign coupled with a mindless multi-player that somehow managesSurely the makers of this 10th instalment in the main series understand that everyone is becoming quite blasé about the franchise. This latest game does little to nothing in improving on the series and affirms Infinity Ward's seemingly apathetic attitude towards improving game quality. CoD: Ghosts offers yet another bland campaign coupled with a mindless multi-player that somehow manages to be even more basic. Little progress has been made in terms of graphics, furthermore. It seems that, for the sake of profit, re-skinning the same old things and releasing the game with a few trivial changes is really the tactic employed here. Where Treyarch fails in poor execution, Infinity Ward fails in lacking ambition... Expand
  17. Nov 6, 2013
    Infinity Ward is no doubt resting on past successes. Since COD4, Treyarch's Black Op's series is the only one where there has been any effort to add to the formula. VERY short campaign, ridiculous levels in space that'll have Neil Degrasse Tyson on a rant for weeks, and a story that could have been considerably more fleshed out. The story is admittedly better than MW2 and MW3, but thoseInfinity Ward is no doubt resting on past successes. Since COD4, Treyarch's Black Op's series is the only one where there has been any effort to add to the formula. VERY short campaign, ridiculous levels in space that'll have Neil Degrasse Tyson on a rant for weeks, and a story that could have been considerably more fleshed out. The story is admittedly better than MW2 and MW3, but those two were absolutely terrible. If you were only interested in multiplayer that's fine. There is really nothing new. They basically copy and pasted Black Ops 2's multiplayer and added a facelift. In fact, there are noticeable deletions like the mode I play: Ground War. No ground war. Only 12 players. Save your money. Just play Black Ops 2. Expand
  18. Feb 12, 2015
    I really think that this is the worst Call of Duty ever. I like the multiplayer and the graphics but I hate Extinction mode. And the story of the campaign. If Ghosts 2 comes out, I'm not buying it
  19. Jul 3, 2015
    Almost all of the past COD titles have been good at at least something. If the multiplayer wasn't good then the campaign was. That is not the case with COD Ghosts. The campaign is terrible, it just doesn't have the same feel anymore as COD4 and MW2 campaign's had.

The multiplayer is absolutely dreadful latency and lag issues are all that is left on the PS3 version. The multiplayer is terrible for public matches and unlike BO2 the game doesn't work that well as an eSports game either. XB1, PS4 and 360 have somewhat better MP, but this PS3 version is plain bad.
  20. Nov 25, 2013
    Verdict on Ghosts? Originally I thought the guns killed to fast...I stand by that ....but I am getting used to it and rather like it. The weapons are too steady and easy to use ...check also ....but I guess it makes the competition all the more intense. The Perk system is better than MW3 but worse than BOPS2 The Maps are better than mw3 but worse than mw2 and cod4. Siege would fit intoVerdict on Ghosts? Originally I thought the guns killed to fast...I stand by that ....but I am getting used to it and rather like it. The weapons are too steady and easy to use ...check also ....but I guess it makes the competition all the more intense. The Perk system is better than MW3 but worse than BOPS2 The Maps are better than mw3 but worse than mw2 and cod4. Siege would fit into mw2 perfectly which is a compliment in itself. At least 6 of the maps I actually look forward to playing as it loads which is a huge step on from MW3. The killstreaks are excellent in that they are not OP anymore. Not as many choppers and more and more ground based attacks. The dog is a cute touch but is too powerful. The KEM is something to work towards and not as powerful as the NUKE which is good Love the dynamic aspects to the maps but they aren't as great as they made out. The lack of theatre pisses me off I have had some epic clutches on search I would like to have recorded and posted up on my vault). The dedicated servers are not in place from what I can see so far hope they are in ps4 version). The standard of opponent is a lot higher now and I guess players have to adapt to very quick to it ....that is the danger of putting a million people in a pot together. Squads is a great idea and offers good practice for casual gamers or mates to mess around. Extinction looks cool and from what little I have played of it it could be a great beer game with mates. Game modes are decent I love Blitz and search and rescue ...I do miss Sabo and CTF. Overall the knockers will always knock as it isn't a huge stretch from mw3 ...it is however better than mw3 and still offers that cod style adrenaline with an addictive fluid online multiplayer. Verdict 9/10..The best cod since mw2
    Like Share 16 minutes ago near Taipei
  21. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is way better than any of the commenting trolls are giving it credit for. The problem is that the people who hate the game still buy each and every installment every single year. No kidding you're going to get sick of it. I did the same thing. Then I took a year off from it (Barely played MW3 and skipped BLOPSII altogether), and I think that Ghosts is the best CoD title since MW2.
  22. Nov 17, 2013
    Hello and welcome to Recycled Random Death Simulator 2013. The single player and multiplayer in this game are two completely different kettle's of fish so I will do a brief mini review of both.

Campaign mode It was a good idea to make video games like brain dead Hollywood action blockbuster movies wasn't it. And what is the best way to enjoy an action movie? For me it's watching the

Campaign mode
    It was a good idea to make video games like brain dead Hollywood action blockbuster movies wasn't it. And what is the best way to enjoy an action movie? For me it's watching the same section of movie over and over again because the lead protagonist keeps dying until I go mental and start smashing my house up. Veteran mode (hardest difficulty) exposes CoD's single player for the semi interactive cinematic that it is. No skill, no challenge no depths, no room for exploration or experimentation just do what your told when your told or die. Walk a few steps in the wrong direction ...die. Shoot someone you weren't supposed to ...die. Stick your head out of cover in the wrong place ...die.

Boring incoherent story and bland generic characters. Every level is a remix from a previous CoD game. No British characters, just all American because that's what sells. 1/10

Online mutiplayer
    Well basically it's more of the same. Some interesting new game modes like Crank and Infected which are quite good. Squads and Extinction see you team up with other players to fight AI enemies. The AI is impressive but it's not the same as fighting other human players, thankfully though you can easily ignore these new modes and just focus on the main multiplayer which as usual has plenty of weapons and perks to unlock by leveling up. The maps are decent but there aren't many of them, of course that's because Activision want to charge you for more maps later on with all the usual overpriced DLC. 7/10

Overall package
    Ghosts see's a little improvement in terms of graphics and presentation but it's so slight most probably wouldn't even notice. It's also probably the best multiplayer the series has ever had but again it's such small improvements it's basically irrelevant. If you've played any CoD since 4 then your not getting much different here. Sadly Special Ops which they ruined in MW3 with a pointless leveling up system has now been done away with completely.

In the end it comes down to how tired you are of the same but good multiplayer. With this being the seventh game in as many years it's unlikely most will find this to be a worthwhile or enriching experience. 4/10
  23. Sep 26, 2016
    I'm just writing at least 150 characters because I wanted to save this review in a more convenient way to look back at scores that I had given stuff as a user.
  24. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  25. Jan 16, 2014
    Okay. Another year, another CoD. And, I gotta say. I love this one. The story was cliche yet kept me involved. The multiplayer is the most balanced to date. And the graphics are absolutely breathtaking compared to previous installments. The weapon models and character models are cool, and I thoroughly enjoyed character customization. I love Squads mode. It's fun and hectic. And,Okay. Another year, another CoD. And, I gotta say. I love this one. The story was cliche yet kept me involved. The multiplayer is the most balanced to date. And the graphics are absolutely breathtaking compared to previous installments. The weapon models and character models are cool, and I thoroughly enjoyed character customization. I love Squads mode. It's fun and hectic. And, yeah, I guess it's a little/LOT recycled. But, hey, this is a great CoD game. And it has to be my favorite game in the series since CoD: Big Red One. Expand
  26. Nov 9, 2013
    I can't see anything innovated or improved here. Ghosts is a disgustingly bad game, with a familiar and unchanged gameplay. The multiplayer feels the same as MW3's one, with horrible graphics (especially in co-op: it's a pain to play co-op in this mess). I mean, what do Activition want to add? Some very minor additions such as sliding, new maps and killstreaks? The whole "destructibility"I can't see anything innovated or improved here. Ghosts is a disgustingly bad game, with a familiar and unchanged gameplay. The multiplayer feels the same as MW3's one, with horrible graphics (especially in co-op: it's a pain to play co-op in this mess). I mean, what do Activition want to add? Some very minor additions such as sliding, new maps and killstreaks? The whole "destructibility" is pointless and is just there to say that it's a next-gen game. I can't even call it "destructibility, because it does nothing to the map, unlike Battlefield 4. The Extinction is just a copy of Left 4 Dead, without having original ideas. And last, but not least, the singleplayer is awful. I'm officially done with COD. (Final Score: 4.27) Expand
  27. Aug 15, 2015
    Just really couldn't get in to Ghosts. For some reason it would not work with my playstation despite it being a brand new disk, and once it did I wasn't really impressed by the story of the multiplayer.
  28. Dec 29, 2015
    why its getting all negative.its a very good game.good gameplay,graphics,voice actors,guns and everything you need from a fps so i am giving 9 out of 10 because it completes on the same day you bought it (fact). but why spend 60 $ instead get it for 10 $ its worth for less than 20 $.So A good game for a bargain or dirt cheap price tag.
  29. Apr 21, 2016
    Le veo un juego con cierta dificultad , aunque icultad al elegir las armas , lo único que le veo positivo al juego.. es el modo online para poder jugarlo con amigos.. pero por lo demás nada.. una cosa que cabe destacar es la comunidad de éste juego... no me gusta nada de nada..
  30. Nov 6, 2013
    The Call of Duty franchise has been amazingly successful because they've discovered and created a formula that works unlike any other 1st person shooter.. Which is precisely why I continue to buy every instalment. I know that I'm getting a polished, fluid shooter with an amazing replay value. Such is the case with 'Ghosts'. Once again Activision has managed to improve upon the campaign,The Call of Duty franchise has been amazingly successful because they've discovered and created a formula that works unlike any other 1st person shooter.. Which is precisely why I continue to buy every instalment. I know that I'm getting a polished, fluid shooter with an amazing replay value. Such is the case with 'Ghosts'. Once again Activision has managed to improve upon the campaign, multiplayer and survival mode to add more to the familiar COD experience. I'm thrilled that it hasn't been completely revamped and hope that the future titles are 'COD familiar". A great game!! If you're remotely a fan, go out and buy it today. Expand
  31. Oct 7, 2014
    The multiplayer is fine and fun to play with friends, but not nearly as good as Bo2. The campaign had a cool story but a little disappointing. It's a good game, but just disappointing.
  32. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Another anticlimax from Activision. GHOSTS is a massive step back from the days of MW1 and MW2. How can a game franchise get WORSE over time isn't it supposed to improve?

Bog standard campaign mode as usual just a change of character names and voice actors. There are one or two cool 'moments' in the campaign but overall it's just fighting against another dictator/terrorist kingpin for the sake of humanity. (YAWN). Nothing new it's the same old.

Online mode is really where it disappoints (which is what everyone plays CoD for)
    Firstly the maps are HUGE and unplayable. A player will run around for minutes at a time searching for an enemy, leading to boring low scoring rounds. Killstreak rewards are the worst I have ever seen, a 'guard' dog that is more interested in playing fetch than protecting you. Air support is limited and weak. Juggernaut is back (oh no) a player kills 10 people in a row and is rewarded by having his/her gun taken away!? Great idea. Where are the pavelow's, harriers and carpet bombs Infinity Ward?

After 10 years a CoD player, CoD is no longer fun. Simple as that. A solid 2 out of 10 well done. Maybe stop rushing new titles out every 12 months for a quick payday will help! So disappointing as MW1 and 2 were world beaters!
  33. May 12, 2015
    Of all the Call Of Duties I've played this is the most disappointing so far. The campaign was excessively bland, with dull characters, overpowered weaponry, stupid enemy AI, and occasional bugs during gameplay, and the ending was absolutely moronic and nonsensical. The multiplayer was mediocre but not unbearable to play but it did result in the usual cheap deaths that us CoD fans have comeOf all the Call Of Duties I've played this is the most disappointing so far. The campaign was excessively bland, with dull characters, overpowered weaponry, stupid enemy AI, and occasional bugs during gameplay, and the ending was absolutely moronic and nonsensical. The multiplayer was mediocre but not unbearable to play but it did result in the usual cheap deaths that us CoD fans have come to expect, the killstreaks were unimpressive and dull. Extinction, however was suprisingly fun and incredibly intense especially later on. But overall aside from Extinction Mode, Call Of Duty:Ghosts is a uninspired and predictable entry in the CoD canon. Final score 48/100 Expand
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    Yeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to haveYeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to have something so buggy coming out. Graphic and gameplay are worse than black ops. Its not a next gen game, its a failure of the industry. Expand
  35. Nov 5, 2013
    Not worth it i mean this is mostly the same game since MW3 i just thought that it would be a change for the franchise but no luck. Multiplayer is O.K maps are changed a few tweaks thats it i am starting to wonder why does activision bother taking this much time to make the game just bring out a old game. Campaign is horrible story is unfocused characters are just nothing to me and no baseNot worth it i mean this is mostly the same game since MW3 i just thought that it would be a change for the franchise but no luck. Multiplayer is O.K maps are changed a few tweaks thats it i am starting to wonder why does activision bother taking this much time to make the game just bring out a old game. Campaign is horrible story is unfocused characters are just nothing to me and no base to make this game and if you want to spend 60$ it should be on battlefield 4 or Assassins creed 4. For me Cod was dead after MW2 Expand
  36. Nov 5, 2013
    One of the best games and the best shooter game this generation. Very action packed, great visuals on ultra, especially in 3D, interesting campaign (much better then BF4), the dog is real deal and very fun to watch, many memorable moments and great shooter mechanics. What else to say? Masterpiece. I highly recommend this game to anyone.
  37. Jan 2, 2014
    Terrible game.
    -Story is simply just a WTF.
    -Online: slow at many points

Call of duty is not listening to the players and they are to busy trying to recapture the Modern Warfare 1 and 2 era when over 1,000,000 people would be on. 2 weeks after buying I only saw around 150,000 players on.

Call of duty is now beginning to head the Medal of honor route.
  38. Jul 30, 2016
    Its not the worst game as the already mentioned ratings suggest. As long as you did not pay a big price for this one, call of duty ghosts happens to be a one time quick play. The missions are far too easy and a breeze for most people. The story is not the greatest, but it will not matter really as long as you look at it as casual gaming. It depends on how you wish to approach this game.
  39. Sep 13, 2014
    Too bad that after diluting the franchise with uninspired yearly releases, this game finally got many things right. The most evident one is online multiplayer, where we can finally play a Call of Duty game where the weapons are balanced. While the new marksman rifle class seems a bit overpowered, assault rifles, SMGs, even shotguns and sniper rifles, can hold their own. There's no singleToo bad that after diluting the franchise with uninspired yearly releases, this game finally got many things right. The most evident one is online multiplayer, where we can finally play a Call of Duty game where the weapons are balanced. While the new marksman rifle class seems a bit overpowered, assault rifles, SMGs, even shotguns and sniper rifles, can hold their own. There's no single "best gun in the game", and the perks can really enhance your play style.

The level of interactivity they added to the maps works in various degrees of success/failure. Seems like a little Battlefield envy worked there. Speaking of DLC, they managed to find another money-grabbing scheme: Character customization. Some Team Fortress 2 envy also made an impact.

Not everything is great in multiplayer. As equipment goes, the annoying IED that litters every multiplayer map, has become this game's n00b tube. Most of the maps are a mess. They improved the maps quality in the DLC, though not all of them are good. While they got the guns, and the perks right, the killstreaks are mostly ground based, and save the "juggernaut maniac", they are no longer fun.

The new Extinction coop mode is a good alternative to the zombies, but it's repetitive and loses its charm after several hours of play. One of the best new additions is the Squad mode where you play coop against bots, or a team of your own bots and another player's. It's less stressful than multiplayer, and even helps level up your character.

Is not worth reviewing the campaign. It's a mess and as uninspired as it can get. The interface of the game is also uninspired. There's a lack of excitement when you level up your character, make a kill, or complete a mission.

The gameplay mechanics are still the best out there. The leveling system is now better as you "prestige" a character that becomes part of your team and you can level up another.

Overall, the game feels like it's going in cruise control. It's still a little fun, but not as much as it used to be. Despite solid gameplay, the franchise completely lost its charm a couple of years ago. This is my last Call of Duty game.
  40. Nov 9, 2013
    this is simple TERRIBLE, this is only 1 remasterized graphics, bad inmersion, i played for 2 hours and i finished bored of play this, this is my worst buy of the year, sorry for the buyers but this is the sad reality
  41. Jan 20, 2014
    This series went stale years ago and just needs to disappear from the gaming industry. I wonder why people continue to buy these games, time and time again. What will their next top-selling title be? Call of Duty: Consistent Disappointment?
  42. Feb 16, 2016
    Ghosts is the last CoD I bought, I wish it was Black Ops II. The game itself is not bad, but certainly disappointing, even more than MW3.

Campaign is nothing special in relation to past games, the story is not that memorable and while it's a bit longer than other campaigns, it doesn't feel fresh or interesting when you finish it. Multiplayer has now become a rehash from previous

Multiplayer has now become a rehash from previous CoDs, the only new addition is... a slide. The character customization is pointless, you have never been able to see your character in CoD and you neither can now, so why bother in customize it? Pointless DLC. A wolf skin for the dog? What's that about?

Extinction is probably the best thing in the game, innovative and fun to play, also very difficult and challenging. I didn't buy any DLC so I couldn't try the extra maps.

But after a month or two I never played Ghosts again. The game is just boring. Sure like once or twice a yearI can play the extinction map again. But honestly I won't come back to anything else. I do not recommend to buy this game at full price. If you find it like for 10 bucks and with DLC included, and you care about extinction, sure give it a try. But overall not a great game.
  43. Feb 7, 2014
    Most definitely the weakest in the series by far, limited weapons, dreary killstreaks, uninspiring level design, appalling respawns and latency issues when 2 people are firing at one another as shown through the killcam.Some of the killstreaks are stupidly overpowered like the guard dog which is ridiculously resilient which makes you wonder if your body armour is made of paper, theMost definitely the weakest in the series by far, limited weapons, dreary killstreaks, uninspiring level design, appalling respawns and latency issues when 2 people are firing at one another as shown through the killcam.Some of the killstreaks are stupidly overpowered like the guard dog which is ridiculously resilient which makes you wonder if your body armour is made of paper, the juggernauts are now stupidly tough to kill to the point where you might as well put the controller down and not bother. The squad mode and extinction add a little novelty to the game but even these additions aren't enough to save this cod, for fans of infinity ward stick to MW2 or MW3, for series fans in general stick to black ops 2 at least its fast paced and more interesting to play. Expand
  44. Aug 23, 2014
    What the hell did I just play!? What the **** happened to this franchise!! What were the developers thinking when coming up with this god forsaken mess. The campaign is decent, nothing to shabby but still fun to play but the multiplayer on the other hand is just pure garbage. The spawns are awful, the maps are way to big, there's no weapon and perk balance, the killstreaks are garbage, theWhat the hell did I just play!? What the **** happened to this franchise!! What were the developers thinking when coming up with this god forsaken mess. The campaign is decent, nothing to shabby but still fun to play but the multiplayer on the other hand is just pure garbage. The spawns are awful, the maps are way to big, there's no weapon and perk balance, the killstreaks are garbage, the connection is so bad that sometimes i get kicked out of a game for no reason and the multiplayer is so boring that it makes me want to watch a game of golf on TV. OHH and don't even get me started on squads mode and the zombies ripoff but with aliens instead. Atleast the game still works and like I said the campaign is decent. Expand
  45. Jan 24, 2014
    Played , COD 1 , 2 , 3 , 4, MW2 , BO1 ... and let me tell you COD stopped after COD4 i can't believe how they are out ideas and inspiration to make a new game , ive started ghost for 5min then stopped to save same Minutes of my life time . RIP COD
  46. Dec 22, 2013
    This is a game that feels more like a patch then a full price game. I like the COD games but it is getting to the point of the series needs an overhaul instead of the same rinse and repeat formula. In fact I feel bad for anyone who bought this game at $60 when this game is clearly a $30 game.
  47. Aug 9, 2014
    This is perhaps the worst game in Call of Duty history. Despite an improvement in Multiplayer functions, "Ghosts" singleplayer is the same Linear based formula that got old after Black Ops. It's Extinction Mode is clearly derivative, seemingly ripping off Treyarch's Zombie Mode, and incorporating themes from the "Alien" series of movies into the game. The DLC is whimsical and stupid, andThis is perhaps the worst game in Call of Duty history. Despite an improvement in Multiplayer functions, "Ghosts" singleplayer is the same Linear based formula that got old after Black Ops. It's Extinction Mode is clearly derivative, seemingly ripping off Treyarch's Zombie Mode, and incorporating themes from the "Alien" series of movies into the game. The DLC is whimsical and stupid, and not worth the money. You'd be better off buying Battlefield 4, because I guarantee you will be disappointed by this lackluster title to the Call of Duty franchise. Expand
  48. Sep 6, 2014
    Well, lets get started on ghosts, The story sucked ass... Lets be honest, The graphics where better than black ops 2 but pretty damn crap considering when this game was made. The Multi-player was fun for an hour, the only fun thing I find doing on it is on local split screen, me and my friend verses 10 enemy bots, the max of bots you can have.
  49. May 6, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is just the same old Call of Duty with a few new features. Black Ops 2, from what I've seen, still has more players than Ghosts and i'm not surprised. A waste of money if you ask me!
  50. Apr 9, 2016
    Overlooked very good game brilliant story only the people who hate Ghosts will say the campaign is bad because it's Ghosts if it was a different game it will be praised a fun multiplayer with great new original DLC. You can play as Soap and co on multiplayer and Ghosts characters and other stuff. 87/100
  51. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, here we are! New Call of Duty game! This message contains spoilers, so be careful.
    For me, "COD: Ghosts" is TOTAL FAILURE.
    All this months, Activision make a decision, that new CoD will be revolutionally for it's series. From all trailers and etc. we thought that it was true. But, then release date comes, we all see that it all was wrong.
    Okay okay, graphics become better, for first time since MW1. "Very big" progress. "New engine we have!" Activision says. Really? I don't see something new: same sounds of bullets, some gameplay.
    Single player story for me is in just one word- WTF?!
    Some badasses destroy USA using space sh*t. Okay, okay, okay. It looks epic- apocalypse, and again in USA.
    10 years later, and people still have good life with army. WAT?! After massive apocalypse USA still has army with vehicles? Are you kidding me? And a storyline of 2 bros... argh, it's so typical. Storyline looks very bad and illogically.
    But the laughest think to me- is dog. Activision make a lot of advertisements, Internet make a lot of memes. Activision make development diary. And it's all for JUST 2 MISSIONS? WHAT? All this days Activision says that dog is "SUPER TROUPER". But only in f*cking 2 missions.
    Multiplayer remains at it's level. And now MP becomes boring: same f*cking thing all years.
    Activision needed to stop producing CoD series or change everything in game if they wanted to return respect.
  52. Jan 20, 2014
    I cant give this pathetic game anymore then a 1. Not only does this game bring the same repetitive multiplayer and campaign, but they brought to us a "wannabe" zombies mode called Extinction. I would rather like this a lot more if there was survival involved like zombies but even you have to be at least level 20 to actually beat a f**king game on Extinction. Campaign was yet anotherI cant give this pathetic game anymore then a 1. Not only does this game bring the same repetitive multiplayer and campaign, but they brought to us a "wannabe" zombies mode called Extinction. I would rather like this a lot more if there was survival involved like zombies but even you have to be at least level 20 to actually beat a f**king game on Extinction. Campaign was yet another disappointment, same boring rushed campaign. Then there is multiplayer, the biggest disappointment. People always say "OMG There is in game challenges! So innovative".

Face it Activision and Treyarch and Infinityward, COD is dead. It was dead 4 years ago so just let go of it and make a new title that might not suck!
  53. Nov 10, 2014
    Wow what a piece of garbage this game was. Normally the reviews here don't do COD any justice, but in this case they do. The game is extremely slow and campy as hell. Don't know what Infinity Ward was thinking with the big ass maps like Battlefield. They work there because they have a higher amount of players. Playing a 4 on 4 game, when people rage from IED's, is horrible. Don'tWow what a piece of garbage this game was. Normally the reviews here don't do COD any justice, but in this case they do. The game is extremely slow and campy as hell. Don't know what Infinity Ward was thinking with the big ass maps like Battlefield. They work there because they have a higher amount of players. Playing a 4 on 4 game, when people rage from IED's, is horrible. Don't know how many time limit TMD's I played. Honestly, the game was so bad, I traded it in and went back to Blops 2. I wish Activision would get rid of Infinity Ward as they have two horrible strikes in Ghosts and MW3. Expand
  54. Nov 13, 2013
    The best COD since MW1 2

Pos: - New Engine - Better balance of killstreaks (remove radar anti-radar) - Soldier mode - Alien Mode - Larger maps It is now again as MW1 2 You need finally recoil! (not as in BO2). - Clanwar mode (!) Neg: - New engine is still slightly buggy - Some maps are bit too big for 6v6 - Slight connection problems MW1 +2 fans finally get their
    The best COD since MW1 2

Pos:

- New Engine
    - Better balance of killstreaks (remove radar anti-radar)
    - Soldier mode
    - Alien Mode
    - Clanwar mode (!)

Neg:

- New engine is still slightly buggy
    - Some maps are bit too big for 6v6
    - Slight connection problems

MW1 +2 fans finally get their successor
  55. Nov 14, 2013
    Just another typical cod game.... Some simple boring singleplayer mode to have some excuse for a new installment, and the online mode is the same as always. They should just make an MMO and ditch the rest, but they won't cuz it kills the profit using another sh*t story as an excuse to launch a new game every year. Only reason to get this game is when you start feeling like the mw3 serversJust another typical cod game.... Some simple boring singleplayer mode to have some excuse for a new installment, and the online mode is the same as always. They should just make an MMO and ditch the rest, but they won't cuz it kills the profit using another sh*t story as an excuse to launch a new game every year. Only reason to get this game is when you start feeling like the mw3 servers are dying out.... Expand
  56. Nov 9, 2013
    Honestly this is the biggest disappointment for call of duty fans. The multi player maps are massive and lack any creative elements. They provide a perfect ground for campers and snipers so forget it if you're planing on using ar's. The graphics are glitchy and poor and it's hard to decipher the environment to players at times. bo2 is a much better game overall. Try bf4 if you wantHonestly this is the biggest disappointment for call of duty fans. The multi player maps are massive and lack any creative elements. They provide a perfect ground for campers and snipers so forget it if you're planing on using ar's. The graphics are glitchy and poor and it's hard to decipher the environment to players at times. bo2 is a much better game overall. Try bf4 if you want something new but this is just pure crap. Expand
  57. Nov 9, 2013
    Ok, first off I am (or WAS) a COD fanboy. Bought every version since the great COD 4. Now the game started to get stale for me a couple of years back. I must be stupid because every year I fall for the marketing hype. I say I will never buy a COD game again unless they are different but strangely enough I end up buying it. Bought Ghosts about a week ago. I'm reviewing multiplayer hereOk, first off I am (or WAS) a COD fanboy. Bought every version since the great COD 4. Now the game started to get stale for me a couple of years back. I must be stupid because every year I fall for the marketing hype. I say I will never buy a COD game again unless they are different but strangely enough I end up buying it. Bought Ghosts about a week ago. I'm reviewing multiplayer here cause I couldn't even bring myself to play campaign and honestly who really buys COD for the campaign.

I tried to give it a go, I really did. But when I still had the Hardened Version of Black Ops 2 sitting in my drawer I didn't see the point. Despite what they say, the game is the same. Graphics mechanics etc. Yes they have thrown in a dog but this should be DLC and not a $100 game.

Now Im not going to scream DONT BUY THIS GAME!!! What you do with your money if your choice. Super mad COD fanboys and newcomers will probably still like the game and forgive its shortcomings, and think its great. However, those of you that have been playing COD since COD 4 will see this game for what it is, something that is just a rehash of last year, which was a rehash of the year before which was a rehash........
  58. Dec 7, 2013
    I am a Call of Duty fan...every year...except this year. This is a cheap, thrown-together-real-quick excuse for a game is beyond disappointing. This was the year Call of Duty could have become special. Not only did Ghosts take a step back in the Call of Duty franchise, they started walking backwards. The graphics are not the best, but those are the last thing I would complain about.I am a Call of Duty fan...every year...except this year. This is a cheap, thrown-together-real-quick excuse for a game is beyond disappointing. This was the year Call of Duty could have become special. Not only did Ghosts take a step back in the Call of Duty franchise, they started walking backwards. The graphics are not the best, but those are the last thing I would complain about. The little things in COD are what make Call of Duty refreshing every year. Those little things are what made Ghosts bad. It is difficult to mute players, new leaning & sliding mechanics are terrible, and the maps are a disgrace. Other than the multiplayer, I did enjoy the campaign. The safeguard mode and extinction are hollow modes, but still somewhat entertaining. As for me, I will sell this one and hope next year is a more rewarding year for Call of Duty fans. Expand
  59. Nov 5, 2013
    As one of the more ambitious Call of Duty titles, I expected a lot from this. The trailers, the demo, they made up room for something really big, something that would keep this milked franchise up and about, but no. It failed. Miserably.

Apparently, the only ace Call of Duty has against it's rival, Battlefield 4, is that it has a fairly decent campaign. It's fairly long, it has a handful of heartwrenching moments here and there, and the family dynamic is very present. The dog sections are also fun, obviously tearing someone's face apart has always been fun. Character development is also alright, I guess, and the voice actors are goddamn good. Stephen Lang, Brandon Routh, Kevin Gage, three very established Hollywood actors. They never failed for once. However, that doesn't really change the fact that the game lacks of innovation. That it's still the same rehashed game, with slightly improved graphics and, oh, a dog. The multiplayer is about the same, and the Levolution-like feature they decided to implement barely makes any difference. The size of the objects you could bring down in Battlefield 4 was huge, like skyscraper huge, while the only objects you can bring down in Call of Duty are a pile of logs, a lamp post, and a gas station.

Overall, Call of Duty is a half-decent game. However, I still suggest you don't get it immediately and wait until the price drops. If you're a FPS fan, save your money for Shadow Fall which is coming recently.
  60. Nov 14, 2013
    I've been a fan of this series since the first game, and hands down this is the worst in the series. I felt so strongly about how much I regret buying this game I had to sign up here to review it to warn others. Don't waste your money. If you want to play call of duty, play one of the games you already have. Ghosts offers nothing new, besides a contextual lean, which is never explainedI've been a fan of this series since the first game, and hands down this is the worst in the series. I felt so strongly about how much I regret buying this game I had to sign up here to review it to warn others. Don't waste your money. If you want to play call of duty, play one of the games you already have. Ghosts offers nothing new, besides a contextual lean, which is never explained or utilized and feels absolutely useless, and minor changes to multiplayer, which are left mostly ambiguous to the player. The campaign is about 60-70% rehashed from similar games, and the space levels and water levels feel exactly the same, to the point where they might as well have included space sharks. Multiplayer feels like a step back, and lag compensation kills the experience on ps3, and now you can't see the ping from the other players to decide if you want to commit to a game or not. Even graphically, the only real saving grace of this game, there is not much of an improvement, if any, over black ops 2 or modern warfare 3. Bottom line is they released a game with way too many problems for the 7th game released using the same engine they've been using for over half a decade now.
    Extinction mode is nothing new, it feels like a combination of survival mode and zombies with no real reason to make me feel like putting any effort into it, and only one map to start off with. With the next generation of consoles looming over the horizon, 'Ghosts' feels like an anachronism, and an easily ignorable experience. Everything impressive in the trailers mostly takes place at an un-viewable angle during the campaign and undermines whatever 'cool factor' was present. I'm not sure if rating this a 3 is too harsh, but I definitely feel like I was sold something that was done half-assed, not only failing at any attempt to innovate, or be original, but also not fixing any old issues or even feeling up to par with the older Call of Duty's. Even if you've never played a game in the series, you can pick up one of the older games new or used for less than a copy of ghosts, and have a more enjoyable experience.
  61. Nov 5, 2013
    This isn't your first game Activision, the lag online is terrible, you never learn. Nothing new brought to the table, generic campaign, terrible online gaming experience.
  62. Jan 12, 2014
    The latest Call of Duty is far from innovative but it continues the franchise's endlessly entertaining multiplayer. However, the campaign feels like a step down from that of Black Ops 2 and is only mildly successful at changing up the setting of the game. The new extinction mode is fun but repetitive. Enjoy the fun multiplayer and the new maps but little technical improvements are found inThe latest Call of Duty is far from innovative but it continues the franchise's endlessly entertaining multiplayer. However, the campaign feels like a step down from that of Black Ops 2 and is only mildly successful at changing up the setting of the game. The new extinction mode is fun but repetitive. Enjoy the fun multiplayer and the new maps but little technical improvements are found in Call of Duty: Ghosts Expand
  63. Apr 24, 2014
    oh god why? F*ck this game. Look If you want a call of duty shut up and buy black ops 2 now. F*ck me. What still here fine I'll go into details. Graphics are still just like modern warfare 1,2, and 3 not at all improved. The damn maps they are too big I know what your thinking "but I want big maps" 6 vs. 6 on big maps good luck finding anyone. So many damn children in M rated game itsoh god why? F*ck this game. Look If you want a call of duty shut up and buy black ops 2 now. F*ck me. What still here fine I'll go into details. Graphics are still just like modern warfare 1,2, and 3 not at all improved. The damn maps they are too big I know what your thinking "but I want big maps" 6 vs. 6 on big maps good luck finding anyone. So many damn children in M rated game its annoying and you all under the age no buy I mean it. Quick scoping is actually easier , why? Oh right because "F*ck you give me money". Knifing how do you f*ck that up? You get what I call an auto knife if it doesn't kick in hen you need it your screwed. Extinction ignore others its not a zombies rip off well completely anyway. You get a load out system that give you a class, pistol, and abilities by that I mean turrets and vest. You destroy hives instead of getting round which is kind of okay really. But it has an annoying $6,000 limit for weapons etc.. Oh right you die in 3-4 bullets unless its a shotgun or sniper. The story sucks about as bad as modern warfare 3. They even ruined the dog you bastards. The destructible map people wanted you get gas stations, log, and 1 nuke for 1 map so hope you weren't hyped for that. Right of course the DLC crap they do guess what so far 2 weapons that are actually worth a damn more money please smaller maps? More money, its legal robbery. Oh you can lean you know something hat exist in the ps2 era I know I still have mine. Before you go "so its modern warfare3?" no oh no you would think that is titan fall after this yeah that bad. No just no it hurts what I went through playing the f*cking game. The story length is slightly I mean slightly longer then battle field 4 by 1 or 2 hours so 5-6 hours. Do not buy this game Expand
  64. Mar 18, 2014
    I'm not going to sigh in disgust at a game that presents itself fairly well and provides a good few hours of entertainment. And that's where it falls of its pedestal. After trying the multiplayer demo over the weekend the thrill had gone and I had no desire to carry on with the multiplayer. I found that when I was about to go back on it I was asking myself "why are you not playingI'm not going to sigh in disgust at a game that presents itself fairly well and provides a good few hours of entertainment. And that's where it falls of its pedestal. After trying the multiplayer demo over the weekend the thrill had gone and I had no desire to carry on with the multiplayer. I found that when I was about to go back on it I was asking myself "why are you not playing Assassin's Creed or Battlefield". In other words what this game needs to do well is no other games in the entire world that are good. Then I'll play it again. But until that fateful day there are just too many other good alternatives to distract me. Some may say to do the single player campaign, but from the perspective of a guy who's played every CoD campaign since Finest Hour, I find myself asking "How different can this one really be?". Oh the enemies are speaking Brazilian? Yawn. At first they were speaking German, then Russian, then German again, then English. Some re-textured enemies are not going to convince me to fork out £40 on a mediocre (at best) game. And the campaigns all have the same structure. Lot's of death, a big explosion, another big explosion, a big gun you get to play with for 30 seconds and to finish off the level a big death filled explosion. Pretty much anything that will attract the attention of any adolescent teenager within a five mile radius. It's silly, over the top action that you could get from an 80's movie. Now, I'm not saying by any means that Battlefield 4's single player is any better because it's not. Or the fact that Assassin's Creed 4's multiplayer is better, because it's not. But switch them around and you have two longer term alternatives (AC4 offers a breath taking single player experience and Battlefield has enough of a reputation online to speak for itself). Ghosts is an average game and in a market where there are not stunning, ground breaking games coming out on a regular basis, I just don't see the appeal in a game where the main new feature is women followed by fish that get out of your way... Expand
  65. Jun 16, 2014
    the game is awesome the graphics awesome i love the aliens mode like old days zombies!! yee black ops2 black ops1 the aliens is a certainly different thing more fun and more hard. online is too awesome and campaing funny i loved all campaing npc's like riley ! i love this game!
  66. Nov 20, 2013
    Uurgh! Another year, another COD game. There was a time when the release of a new COD game felt special and exciting but that time has long since passed. What you're getting here is the usual overly chaotic and short single player campaign complete with a constant bombardment of jingoistic nonsense and military jargon that attempts and fails to add meaning and gravitas to the reason you'reUurgh! Another year, another COD game. There was a time when the release of a new COD game felt special and exciting but that time has long since passed. What you're getting here is the usual overly chaotic and short single player campaign complete with a constant bombardment of jingoistic nonsense and military jargon that attempts and fails to add meaning and gravitas to the reason you're murdering hundreds and hundreds of enemy soldiers. It's a decent FPS sure, as most of the COD series has been, but there just aren't enough new ideas to justify buying what is essentially the same game EVERY year.

It's the same with annual sports games: if you feel like you're getting your money's worth here then go for it, though most people probably won't. If you're a die hard COD fan (of which the number of these is steadily and thankfully dwindling) you've probably already bought this. If it's been a few years since your last COD, and you feel like dipping back in, then this is as decent an entry in the series as you're likely to get, just don't expect to feel like you've missed much, because you haven't.

As far as the multi-player goes, which to be fair is the main reason you should buy a COD game, I don't think it's ever felt as stale, with a notable lack of changes or new ideas, but again, you have no reason to be surprised or disappointed with what you're playing here. The user score for this particular entry is extremely low, and I feel this is as even the die hard fans are catching on that they're not really getting anything new anymore. I've tried to balance the score for this entry on its own individual merits and as part of an annual series. Yeah! AmErIcA! Everyone is our enemy! Whoo! Inside U.S. good! Outside BAAAAAD!
  67. Nov 5, 2013
    The commercials for this game were way more exciting than the real thing. First, let me start off by saying that I did not get the opportunity to test the online multiplayer, I only experienced the offline multiplayer along with extinction and the campaign. I do realize most consumers purchase the series for the online and could not care less about the offline features, however, the onlineThe commercials for this game were way more exciting than the real thing. First, let me start off by saying that I did not get the opportunity to test the online multiplayer, I only experienced the offline multiplayer along with extinction and the campaign. I do realize most consumers purchase the series for the online and could not care less about the offline features, however, the online experience should not determine the fate of any game. If I could have just as much fun playing a 5 year old Call of Duty with my buddies online as I would this, then there isn't much new to compare.

For the offline features, three of my friends and I were immediately disappointed to find that offline co-op was limited to only two players. This came as a surprise, considering the four-person offline multiplayer and four-person zombies in 2012's Black Ops 2. Overall, the new class building system along with the create-a-character were nice additions, but it was a shame that four of us could not play at once. The inclusion of bots a la Black Ops were a nice addition, and the ability to have 12 total players was a nice improvement from the 10 total from Black Ops 2 offline. I just wish one more thing brought over from BO2 was the four person experience.

Like every other Infinity Ward Call of Duty, the campaign is convoluted and linear, My friends and I only played for about 2 hours into it, occasionally switching off upon deaths, and we unanimously agreed that the story was just not all that interesting. Granted again, no one really buys the COD games for the story, it's just a shame that it could not build upon the additions from last year's game.

Lastly, Extintion is perhaps the most ambitious (and 'new'!) feature in Call of Duty: Ghosts. However, if you're at all familiar with the 'Zombies' adventures from previous Treyarch titles, Extinction will not be nearly as fun or satisfying. The PS3 version feels gimped as a next-gen title, often looking muddier and chunkier than even Black Ops 2.

Not once does this game exceed my expectations; the story is just as linear and confusing as ever, Extinction is a creative yet failed attempt at succeeding 'Zombies', the offline multiplayer experience is terribly limited by the ability to only play with two players although the new changes in the class system are really a nice touch, and lastly the overall graphics and feel of the PS3 version feel heavy and less-than-stellar. I give this game a 5/10.
  68. Mar 26, 2015
    COD has returned again after the mw3 failure , infinity ward desided to "change" cod and start a new series called "Ghosts".Unfortunately they manged to make THE worst cod ever released.The singleplayer campaign is back but it is boring with lack of interesting characters like price or soap.As for the multiplayer it is awful.It feels like it is broken.One think i liked in this game is thatCOD has returned again after the mw3 failure , infinity ward desided to "change" cod and start a new series called "Ghosts".Unfortunately they manged to make THE worst cod ever released.The singleplayer campaign is back but it is boring with lack of interesting characters like price or soap.As for the multiplayer it is awful.It feels like it is broken.One think i liked in this game is that the guns are balanced.Rather than multiplayer here comes the Squads which is multiplayer with bots and the extinction.With extinction they wanted to make a new mode to replace treyarch's zombies,but they failed.Generally this game is one of the worst games ever released.DONT BUY IT!!!!!!! Expand
  69. Dec 6, 2013
    BULL!!! I rented this game at redbox and it was disc 2 WHICH WAS JUST A CONTENT PACK I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO PLAY IT!! this is complete BULL!!! I wasted my money!!!
  70. Dec 4, 2014
    I hated this game at first, stopped playing it. Then got back into it for a while to see if it still had any redeemable properties. Then I stopped again, not finding anything. Now that I decided to put this game back into my PS3, I can't stop playing it, although there are still some flaws, sliding past people to score a goal is still the best feature.
  71. Nov 1, 2015
    From what I've played I believe this is the best COD game released.Although I haven't progressed the story I find the gameplay really good.My favourite part of it is the multi player because it has awesome gamemodes.Personally I find it better that you can buy weapons using squad points which you earn online.Also from the one time I played Extinction I found it pretty amusing because itFrom what I've played I believe this is the best COD game released.Although I haven't progressed the story I find the gameplay really good.My favourite part of it is the multi player because it has awesome gamemodes.Personally I find it better that you can buy weapons using squad points which you earn online.Also from the one time I played Extinction I found it pretty amusing because it let you kill aliens intead of zombies Expand
  72. Nov 26, 2013
    Not trolling the series, but every single COD seems to remain the exact same with no direction.
    The campaign on this is a winner, probably one of the best.
    The campaign on this is a winner, probably one of the best.
    Multiplayer is one of the worst, which is a mode that just keeps going downhill since Modern Warfare 2. The lag is unbearable, the spawning system is and the campers and immaturity online has just been increasing in so much ignorance that I'm not sure the game will ever be good again.
    Extinction is actually a pretty fun mode (similar to zombies), but still doesn't do much after thirty of forty games of it.
    I wouldn't really recommend COD's to anyone, probably since the first Black OPs.
  73. Nov 9, 2013
    It is now apparent just how terrible Call of Duty has become. Everything, and I mean everything is so bad about this game, from the weapons to the maps to the absolutely awful deaths you will see every single game. This is easily the most frustrating multiplayer game I've ever played. It is sad and pathetic just how much the Call of Duty series caters to noobs. Anyone known as a 'rager'It is now apparent just how terrible Call of Duty has become. Everything, and I mean everything is so bad about this game, from the weapons to the maps to the absolutely awful deaths you will see every single game. This is easily the most frustrating multiplayer game I've ever played. It is sad and pathetic just how much the Call of Duty series caters to noobs. Anyone known as a 'rager' and anyone that finds no fun in crouching in a corner or sitting on a rooftop all game waiting for someone to run by needs to stay away from this piss poor abomination of a game. It is hard to believe that infinity ward, the developers of COD 4 and mw2, has just pushed out this horrible turd of a video game. I recommend this game to newcomers to the series, douchers that run in packs of 3 and campers. People with real talent, you have been forgotten. Expand
  74. Dec 31, 2013
    This isn't really a review of the game, this is my story. Try to be patient, I'm still fragile and my doctor tells me it's good to talk about these things...

I feel robbed, I'm going to take this game back to the store and say it says "Corrupt disc" when I try to play it or something. It really is that bad! Let me illustrate it another way: I've suffered depression a handful of times in my life and the first thing I always notice when it begins is that get no enjoyment out of anything, even the things I usually really like. I sat for hours mechanically shooting my way through this game wondering if I might be slipping in to depression. I really felt that might be happening.

I've heard small children telling better stories than this game has. There also aren't any characters either. Seriously they're so boringly generic and colourless that I can't even remember what their faces look like. Captain Price was a character! You know I actually cried at the end of CoD4? So I turned Ghosts off and played through Red Dead Redemption. It was great, I actually grieved for a whole day at the end of it, I hardly realised how much it had gripped me until it ended. So then I wondered: what if I had outgrown the FPS genre? There's really not much story to FPS games generally, perhaps I just needed story? Perhaps I needed to start reading books and smoking a pipe? So I played CoD4 and loved it. I played CoD2 and could barely contain my joy. I played CoD and despite struggling to get it working because it's so old I was actually laughing until tears rolled down my cheeks because I was so relieved that I wasn't going to be depressed at all, I'd just played a really bad game.

That's my story, and it's better than the one in Ghosts.
  75. Sep 2, 2015
    When I first started playing this, it seemed okay. But then it took a nosedive

Pro: Graphics and sound are very good. Soldier customization is a nice and welcome addition "Patches"/Emblems appearing on the soldier is a cool feature that I wish they did earlier. Squad mode is a good amount of fun, but I can see why not a lot of people play it. Campaign is decent (More on this in the
    When I first started playing this, it seemed okay. But then it took a nosedive

Pro:
    Graphics and sound are very good.
    Soldier customization is a nice and welcome addition
    Campaign is decent (More on this in the Con section)
    Guns are good
    Double render scopes
    Create a class is more intuitive, with things like the "Pick...13?" and class related kill/scorestreaks. It takes the good from MW3, and the good from BO2, and combines it. But there are still some problems.

Con:
    Maps and spawns are not good. Maps flow terribly and Expect to be killed from behind a lot. (The only decent map I found was Warhawk
    The campaign ending is a kick to your nads. watch it on youtube.
    Not much use for sliding.
    Time to kill is a little too fast
    Quickscoping is still in the game
    It's just...Boring. It get's really boring. This is the problem with the Unlock coins system. There's no incentive to keep playing to unlock the last gun/attachment, etc, and challeges are all long term (ex. 400 kills with said attachment to unlock 1 thing.)

Overall, it's a game that had quite a bit of potential, the customization options were very welcome in my eyes, and it had a lot of little things that made my experience better. And I got some enjoyment out of it, until I sunk about 5-10 hours in the game and unlocked everything I wanted, then the game just stopped holding attention, and it goes to collect dust on the shelf while you go to play more fun games.
  76. Nov 13, 2013
    The SP campaign is truly the worst ever. Not only is it more of the same, its actually the laziest effort to date. Frankly, i never minded more of the same, in fact it was the familiarity with COD that had kept me a loyal fan through the years. But this time, it was just too meaningless. I immediately switched back to MW3 after finishing the campaign in Ghosts just to compare the two andThe SP campaign is truly the worst ever. Not only is it more of the same, its actually the laziest effort to date. Frankly, i never minded more of the same, in fact it was the familiarity with COD that had kept me a loyal fan through the years. But this time, it was just too meaningless. I immediately switched back to MW3 after finishing the campaign in Ghosts just to compare the two and ended up playing the whole MW3 campaign and it was by no means the best of the bunch. But with Ghosts they've really let the ball drop and it feels almost offensive.
    Thankfully, the MP bit is pretty good. Not the best ever, a little too complex with maps way to big for the number of players but its less laggy than ever before and that too on a crappy 4mbps third world connection. Black Ops MP remains my favorite, but thanks to the reduced lag i'm performing way better without knowing every bit and cranny of the map like the back of my hand than i have ever before. Unfortunately that's the only plus and its not enough to redeem this pathetic effort. My score for COD: Ghosts:

SP: 2/5
    MP: 3/5

Ill still buy the next one, and the one after that, I just hope Activision will pay greater heed to the disdain they have caused amongst their fans and deliver a better product next year.
  77. Nov 8, 2013
    Its been a while since i have felt the need to write a review, but after getting this at midnight launch i had to comment. This game has nothing promised. The dog stuff? utter rubbish really. The story? lucky if it lasts u 5 hrs. the multiplayer? hacked from the first minute.

In particular as a multiplayer player first and foremost, I was very dissapointed. The maps are larger and multi leveled which is nice, but 6 on 6 feels empty and tends to involve a lot of camping. Its also ugly to look at, assuming its been lowered from next gen quality, BLOPS2 looks better.

AND THE HACKERS! omg so many hackers, hacks were out before release, and i had 1 fair game in 10 for the first few days. Its common to complain about hackers who are just skilled, but when you see players getting ten kill streaks on the other team when they have at most 3 or 4 a person, its complete utter crap.

This game is half baked, not even that, and the hacking community has ruined it for those who like to play it legit. Im back to playing BLOPS2 for now, and will probably trade this piece of in asap. Most dissapointing game since Company of Heroes 2
  78. Nov 5, 2013
    This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach.This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach. It's like they sat down and thought "Hmmm, how can we refresh the slow mo breaches? I know! insteaad of a normal breach, we will have, and get this, are you ready for this? we will have a REVERSE breach!!! Genius!" Playing through is full of deja-vu, you feel like you have played every mission a million and one times over. There's a sneeky stealthy bit, a sniper bit, a bit where you try to escape while shooting from the back of a veichle etc etc etc, it's the same old thing. The graphics are also a step down from Black Ops 2. The multiplayer is the same as ever. I sat playing Modern Warfare 3 online over the weekend and, while playing COD Ghosts online i often forgot it was COD Ghosts, i thought i was playing Modern Warfare 3 still. It also feels odd without Captain Price and the SAS boys, i really miss them. When Ghosts was announced i got super excited thinking Ghost from the Modern Warfae would feauture in it, but sadly not. Instead they took the Ghosts theme, added a dog named Riley after Gaz and Ghost from the Modern Warfare series, reworked the story of Modern Warfare 2, then try to charge us £40 to £60 for it. Seriously, save your money. Expand
  79. Nov 7, 2013
    What I Found which DISAPPOINTED me GREATLY:

- Very boring maps - Map sizes are WAY to big for a mere 6v6 - ONLY 6v6 no more 9v9 - CRAP graphics - BORING killstreaks SOME ARE TOTALLY USELESS for example HELO sniper STAY AWAY GUYS!!) - boring weapons + Side: - Fun new game modes, Crank most fun to play IMO - Mounting over walls system - Squad mode is fun - Allows those who
    What I Found which DISAPPOINTED me GREATLY:

+ Side:
    - Fun new game modes, Crank most fun to play IMO
    - Mounting over walls system
    - Squad mode is fun
    - Allows those who don't feel like playing competitive to play squad mode for a more relaxed game
    - Good AI system

Extras
    - Customization was disappointing IMO, needed more faces imo
    - CAMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP GALOOORE you will BARELY find an actual good player who runs around the map
    - Laggy Just for me i think. .
    - The new lean system seem useless to me, used it once every 10 games and slide system is also useless. Only found myself using it to race my teammate to capture a point at the start of domination and in blitz mode to enter the portal thiny
    - Extinction was disappointing IMO
    - GUYS BEFORE YOU BUY ATTACHMENTS OR STREAKS TRY IT IN PRIVATE MODE FIRST BECAUSE EARNING SQUAD POINTS TAKES AWHILE AND STARTS TO FEEL LIKE A GRIND
  80. Jul 2, 2014
    There's so many things wrong with this multiplayer gameplay & that unwanted PS3 version of extinction. The campaign really impressed me all the way though.
  81. Nov 5, 2013
    I cant believe i just tried again cod and yes it is completely failed again. Really big disappointment in single story, no changes in multiplayer(mostly). Big shame to all cod series, every year infinity going down faster
  82. Jan 31, 2014
    Look at the User Score. Thats what counts. You see it? Its as dark as the blood gets from the blood you spilled from your opponents in this game... Just don't get it. Look at other reviews. You'll understand. $60 isn't a right price. People who play this are children. Wait... Why am I in this section if I'm a PC Gamer?!?! Well heck with it I made it this far. Black Ops 2+Dog=Ghosts
  83. Nov 6, 2013
    Analizemos un momento....Pobre online mode no hay mejoras en los gráficos....no hay nada de innovación al respecto...el modo historia ya como muchos han comentado..es una porquería (demasiado predecible y monótono para mí al menos)... es prácticamente escribirle "Ghosts" en vez de "ModerWarfare 3" y lanzarlo como nuevo juego se esperaba mucho más de esta nueva entrega en sí no es sinoAnalizemos un momento....Pobre online mode no hay mejoras en los gráficos....no hay nada de innovación al respecto...el modo historia ya como muchos han comentado..es una porquería (demasiado predecible y monótono para mí al menos)... es prácticamente escribirle "Ghosts" en vez de "ModerWarfare 3" y lanzarlo como nuevo juego se esperaba mucho más de esta nueva entrega en sí no es sino más de lo mismo... ¿Un consejo?...NO LO COMPRES PD:Transale this text if you don't understand what i say... Expand
  84. Nov 5, 2013
    Simply shocking. A total mess. Nothing new for 4-5 years and if anything has regressed. Battlefield 4 do cod game modes i.e team deathmatch and domination much much better and that's not even the real battlefield.
  85. Nov 11, 2013
    From the trailers, CoD: Ghosts looked like it had so much promise, building upon Black Ops II and finally moving the series in the right direction. Its a shame to say that it hasn't.

The campaign for ghosts isn't too bad. Like the MW games, its still short, however there are variety of new gameplay experiences, including space and underwater battles, and the limited opportunity to play as a dog. However, i couldn't help but feel that id done it all before: the campaign has a striking similarity to the MW games shoot a bunch of enemies, move forward, use some sort of gadget, repeat. For PS3, the visuals were pretty ordinary. I know next gen consoles are coming out soon, but it still would have been nice to at least see a partially updated engine for the current consoles. The story itself isn't bad, but not great either, and probably wont change your life or force you to think about it deeply.

For me, multiplayer was more of a disappointment. The maps are bigger, but many of them are very similar. The design doesn't really favor those who run 'n' gun, but at the same time, don't really support teamwork either. The removal of ground war means a max of 12 players as well, and in large maps, things aren't always exciting. The new modes are fun, but nothing groundbreaking.

To be fair, Ghosts isn't bad, but its done little to keep me interested in it-and its only been out a week. Personally, ive given up on Infinity Ward doing anything to revamp the series, and am only interested in seeing what Treyarch can do to try and fix it.
  86. Nov 30, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts lived up to my expectations (Which were low) ,It had some Good and Bad things to the game.

Campaign: Was Mediocre I won't spoil anything but I have to say that it's not that exciting,plus gotta love how they say Fish A.I is next gen. Multiplayer: Nothing to special, If you liked MW3 You're definitely gonna love this part of the game my first reaction "MW3 with a

Multiplayer: Nothing to special, If you liked MW3 You're definitely gonna love this part of the game my first reaction "MW3 with a paint job :)"
    (Loved the trailer for multiplayer probably because of Eminem-Survival).

Extinction/ Sqauds: Saved the game for me. NUFF SAID

Verdict: 5/10
  87. Jan 30, 2014
    boycott this franchise please! All COD has done is just recycle, recycle, recyle. If you compare the characters and maps etc from the previous titles in the franchise, they just take the same stuff and repackage it. I used to be a huge fan of MP of the series, but just got bored after they just repackage the same stuff repeatedly.
    It's just terrible! guys, boycott the franchise so they
    It's just terrible! guys, boycott the franchise so they will actually put some energy into creating new titles instead of recycling old ones!
    don't buy this game if you played previous title/titles!
  88. Nov 7, 2013
    This game is the same old piece of crap game If you played any ps3 or xbox360 cod games, you have played this one. If you buy this you bought them all. Stale boring story with multiplayer to match (if you thought the multiplayer for any cod game was fun, you will like this I guess) Dont get it.
  89. Nov 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unlike most of the critics and users on this page, will not judge the game by the multi-player (mainly because it was bad to begin with), so instead I will judge the game by it's single-player as that is all Call Of Duty has left.

So when I heard that the campaign will follow the USA fighting a stronger faction that has weakened them, I said sarcastically "This shall be good." But when I played the campaign, I learnt that this story is inconsistent in many ways:

1) The USA are fighting the whole of South America in this game, because as we all know, COD is about white, burly dudes being the superior race as they fight against anything that isn't white or American.

2) The South Americans are not technically stronger in this game, because they had to steal the American's Orbital satellite laser to weaken them. They also had to convince one of the Ghost Soldiers to switch sides before they had any advantage against the Ghosts in the campaign.

3) How can the US still be weak in the game, when the entire campaign I was using heavy weaponry and tanks?

4) The dog that was highly advertised in the trailers and promotional art was suppose to be the selling point, but instead was only used in two mission, and when the dog got shot at one point, everyone threw a fuss about it, meanwhile, any human soldiers that were shot or killed, non of them gave a about it.

5) As established earlier, COD is for white, paranoid idiots that like shooting anything that was not white and/or American, but in the past, at least to stick with ACTUAL enemies of the US, so trying to pin another continent as the enemy in this game seem highly hypocritical and misinforming. I'm willing to bet that somewhere in the world, there is one person who thinks the South American are the bad guys.

So COD: Ghosts is a highly inconsistent and terribly written game. I felt like I was wasting my time judging it by the campaign, because after COD 4, the COD campaigns have been getting worse, So I will end this review by judging it by the gameplay:

It's messy and boring, give it a miss...

...Wow that could of done...
  90. Nov 9, 2013
    Honestly everyone giving this game a zero doesn't know what their saying, there are plenty of games worse than this. Sure it's the same CoD but at least it's more ambitious then their previous games, and if your into shooters this is a fun game that you can sink hours into its fast paced multiplayer.
  91. Nov 11, 2013
    I would say this is a really under rated Cod, as most people are sick of it, and frankly i don't blame them. They need to change the formula mix it up iv thought that, for every cod since Black ops1. However in my opinion Cod Ghost is one of the best so far.. The story mode was really good, much better than some of the other cods. The MP is pretty much the same with a few new modes.

Id

Id say buy it, its fun, familiar, but yet i can see the effort that has been put in to this Call of Duty, and with everyone slating it, its not as bad as everyone's saying its a lot better. I would rate it 8.5.
  92. Jan 2, 2014
    They improved everything they made the story greater the multiplayer greater they improved the weapons you actually get to make your own soldier! Don't listen to the bad reviews because they're idiots so if you don't like Call of Duty Ghosts you suck!
  93. Nov 22, 2013
    I am truly disappointed with this game. Once again after all the hype for this new "different call of duty" it turns out to be the exact feel as MW3, I can honestly come to a conclusion that duty is dead!(I have said this since black ops 2 but have hoped for a bit of a change). if you are a call of duty fan boy, you will obviously dig this, like you doc all the others, But for oneI am truly disappointed with this game. Once again after all the hype for this new "different call of duty" it turns out to be the exact feel as MW3, I can honestly come to a conclusion that duty is dead!(I have said this since black ops 2 but have hoped for a bit of a change). if you are a call of duty fan boy, you will obviously dig this, like you doc all the others, But for one looking for something new and different for the series, you will be sadly disappointed with ghosts, really the only thing in this game that I liked more so then the others is the individual dog score streak, seeing two dogs go at it is pretty cool no doubt. other than that i felt like i was playing MW3 with different maps. if you feel the same way about this i do, give battle field 4 a try, I have found that game allot more enjoyable than ghosts. Expand
  94. Dec 5, 2013
    When I first heard about the new features in CoD Ghosts, I was kind of interested. Although I never really liked Call of Duty (except CoD 5 which was amazing), I played every single one at least for a while.
    I was interested in the new "jump-over-stuff" animation and in the interactive maps although I knew that this wouldn't spectacular at all (look at the battlefield series, you can destroy whole SKYSCRAPERS, while in cod you can blow up a gas station -.-).
    So then my friend bought the hardened edition, we sat down and started the multiplayer. First of all, the jump-over-stuff animation was pathetic. It was just a little different then the old one even though it was highly praised by infinity ward. good job. not.
    The interactive maps: the only thing I ever encountered in 4 hours of playing was a collapsing gas station which didnt do anything good and looked dumb (and the game lagged when it exploded).
    Next point: dogs. As well as in the singleplayer there are those highly announced dogs. But the problem is that they are just annoying. it is unbelievably hard to kill them and again, typically cod style, the player who is good gets an enourmous help thanks to the dog and the newcomers cannot manage to interrupt the killing spree the player is on then.
    And the multiplayer is basically not very different then every single mp since cod4 in 2007. Cod always basically stays the exact same thing over and over.
  95. Feb 1, 2014
    I'm gunna keep this short. Single player is just another hallway shooter, and multiplayer is the same since MW2. They've kept the same base recipe, then just added a little bit extra spice that only veterans will take notice of. (Or really care for that matter.)

Pros: - Same addicting multiplayer if you're not bored yet. (Plus if you're a fan of spending $120 bucks on a game.) Cons:

Pros:

Cons:
    - Forgettable, boring story mode.
    - Tired mechanics.
    - After playing other great looking ps3 games, this just looks bland and awful. (Blops2 looks better for **** sake)

I rented this game for a week and I've already had my fill of Call of Duty for this year. Maybe I'll just spend this time next year playing Titanfall or Destiny instead...
  96. Apr 9, 2014
    To be honest,I had high expectations for this game but it went down the drain. The maps are too damn big and the storyline seems stupid if they're not making another ghost cod ghost 2. There's also a lot of glitches. But the multiplayer is sort of fun. That's why I rated this a 5,not a 2 or 3.
  97. Nov 6, 2013
    Same game for 5 years. Sure. But this can keep mine, and millions of others, attention for 150+ Hours. I only get to play a few hours a day, maybe 3-4 days a week. That's around 5 months of just playing this game. In my opinion is that a game doing its job properly? Yes.

With that said the graphics are toned down a bit. The create a player is pretty cool. The logos aren't that great. The multiplayer maps are good. But with the exception of graphics, that's all subjective.

I just don't get how someone can play this game for 200 hours, complain about how much it sucks, then buy the next installment. As I see so many do every year.

Lasting appeal- 5/5
    Subjective opinions (graphics, maps, guns, game play)- 3/5
  98. Nov 6, 2013
    Seriously Activision? Grow up. There is no way you can keep selling the same game over and over. You already milked this franchise enough. Now send it to the butcher.
  99. Nov 5, 2013
    Why can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. NowWhy can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. Now for the online review. Not much lag, which is nice but connecting to rooms has been an issue, as always. The game has more customizations available but honestly I could care less. The online play is the same old fast shooter loaded full of pre-pubescence kids trying to my mother while dropping the N word every other sentence. Its annoying. This game deserves a 5/10. Same different year. Goodbye COD. Expand
  100. Nov 5, 2013
    Horrible, simply horrible, to much hype for this BO2 kicks this game's ass blindfolded
    Not worth the 60 bucks
    Don't buy this, go buy Batman Arkham Origins, BF4, AC4, GTA 5... there are many better games in the market right now and better to come
    Don't waste your money in this

1. Nov 18, 2013
    COD players, myself included, will still play Ghosts for the sake of having 20 or so new maps to play on over the course of the year, but in a franchise that’s the same year after year with slight changes, it’s reasonable to expect things to materially improve, not to take even a small step backwards.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    After loving the campaign in Black Ops 2, the single player in Ghosts feels like a step back for the series. The campaign felt tiresome, familiar, predictable and linear. The multiplayer on the other hand, saves the day as the tweaks to the gameplay and the new games modes make this the best multiplayer COD experience to date.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    It's a generally by-the-numbers excursion through big-budget wartime set pieces that, due to an unavoidable air of familiarity, wares out its welcome much quicker than it should.