2.6

1. Jul 1, 2014
    Yeah, I could play it for maybe an hour and then I just want to throw it into the burning pit of worthless games that should not have existed. As far as I can see, this is the worst COD ever (Since this review was written). If you still want to play COD, go pick up MW or actually... any COD is better than Ghosts. 2/10 since it's not a complete pile of crap... unless you play it for moreYeah, I could play it for maybe an hour and then I just want to throw it into the burning pit of worthless games that should not have existed. As far as I can see, this is the worst COD ever (Since this review was written). If you still want to play COD, go pick up MW or actually... any COD is better than Ghosts. 2/10 since it's not a complete pile of crap... unless you play it for more than an hour. Expand
  2. Nov 12, 2013
    I usually dont give a game 0's, but infinity ward always seems to mess up, treyarch needs to be only one doing this game. I shall name the title of my review "Why the F". Why the F did infinity ward take out the dolphin dive and implement a half ass knee slide which helps at nothing in MP? now I have to press O twice to dive intro prone while capturing a flag. Why the F are half my kills,I usually dont give a game 0's, but infinity ward always seems to mess up, treyarch needs to be only one doing this game. I shall name the title of my review "Why the F". Why the F did infinity ward take out the dolphin dive and implement a half ass knee slide which helps at nothing in MP? now I have to press O twice to dive intro prone while capturing a flag. Why the F are half my kills, and half my deaths coming after I spawn right behind an enemy or an enemy spawns behind me? Why the F did you guys make generally larger maps and not include ground war? Why the F is there no party games? Why the F do the playlist seems so much little compared to BOPS2? Why the F did I spawn directly behind the B flag in domination. Why the F are the perks so confusing compared to BOPS2? Why the F are there support and assualt killstreaks? Why the F do the assault rifle shoots and looks like SMGS? Why the F did the spy plane go? What the F is the point of complicating things with a sat com? Why the F do people camp so much in such large maps? Why the F does it seem like it takes more bullets to kill a dog than a human? Why the F do all the assault rifle seem to be no different than another in terms of recoil and damage? Why the F is the point of implmenting looking around the corner when NO one uses it. What the F is squad points, why cant i rank up and get new items? Why the F did you think customizing soldiers look option is better than improving gameplay? Why the F do I die so fast? This MP is garbage, of course I did'nt play the campaign, but who the F cares about a repititve fps MP based story mode. Expand
  3. Nov 10, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is really not something to get overly excited about. The game looks the same like previous COD games you would think they would be creative maybe take some risks to improve overall gameplay.

From the start I was confused the first scene you run back home and see everything destroyed then you are in space woopy doo da. You shoot. Boom explosion you actually in space.you fall down to earth. Shooting more another explosion and your dead then you back on earth holy that was confusing.

Finally you get to play but if I'm not mistaken this looks very familiar that's because it is it looks the same like every other cod game ever made come on infinity ward.

The gameplay is good don't get me mistaken but it does feel the same as other cod games just with a different story. The graphics is nothing spectacular at all. The controls are good and very easy to get use too.

The only wow thing about this is the fact you have a Dog come here boy good boy. Otherwise it is another it is just an average game that looks and feels the same every time a new cod is released.

At this rate Call of Duty is dying a slow painful death. I don't think this deserves a 0 nor does it deserve a 10.
  4. Nov 7, 2013
    Easily the worst in the series. The graphics are worst than Black Ops 2's and the campaign mode is bad in just about every single way. The mutiplayer is already hacked (really Infinity Ward? Maybe next time you should actually try making a new game like Treyarch instead of just rehashing half of the last Modern Warfare) and there's nothing new here. Even their pathetic attempt at competingEasily the worst in the series. The graphics are worst than Black Ops 2's and the campaign mode is bad in just about every single way. The mutiplayer is already hacked (really Infinity Ward? Maybe next time you should actually try making a new game like Treyarch instead of just rehashing half of the last Modern Warfare) and there's nothing new here. Even their pathetic attempt at competing with Battlefield's level changing mechanic is horribly implemented to the point where it almost never happened and when it did it was just a gas station exploding or a gate closing or something stupid. I'm still in disbelief about how bad this one is. Expand
  5. Mar 2, 2015
    so liked the story so loved the graphics so that I hated multiplayer **** your maps many great **** so extinction sucks hated change of zombies to aliens
  6. Nov 10, 2013
    from a disappointing single player, to completely unbalanced multiplayer, to the barely passable extinction mode, in which you fight aliens while trying to destroy hives the newest call of duty is utterly inferior to black ops 2.
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    Surely the makers of this 10th instalment in the main series understand that everyone is becoming quite blasé about the franchise. This latest game does little to nothing in improving on the series and affirms Infinity Ward's seemingly apathetic attitude towards improving game quality. CoD: Ghosts offers yet another bland campaign coupled with a mindless multi-player that somehow managesSurely the makers of this 10th instalment in the main series understand that everyone is becoming quite blasé about the franchise. This latest game does little to nothing in improving on the series and affirms Infinity Ward's seemingly apathetic attitude towards improving game quality. CoD: Ghosts offers yet another bland campaign coupled with a mindless multi-player that somehow manages to be even more basic. Little progress has been made in terms of graphics, furthermore. It seems that, for the sake of profit, re-skinning the same old things and releasing the game with a few trivial changes is really the tactic employed here. Where Treyarch fails in poor execution, Infinity Ward fails in lacking ambition... Expand
  8. Nov 6, 2013
    Infinity Ward is no doubt resting on past successes. Since COD4, Treyarch's Black Op's series is the only one where there has been any effort to add to the formula. VERY short campaign, ridiculous levels in space that'll have Neil Degrasse Tyson on a rant for weeks, and a story that could have been considerably more fleshed out. The story is admittedly better than MW2 and MW3, but thoseInfinity Ward is no doubt resting on past successes. Since COD4, Treyarch's Black Op's series is the only one where there has been any effort to add to the formula. VERY short campaign, ridiculous levels in space that'll have Neil Degrasse Tyson on a rant for weeks, and a story that could have been considerably more fleshed out. The story is admittedly better than MW2 and MW3, but those two were absolutely terrible. If you were only interested in multiplayer that's fine. There is really nothing new. They basically copy and pasted Black Ops 2's multiplayer and added a facelift. In fact, there are noticeable deletions like the mode I play: Ground War. No ground war. Only 12 players. Save your money. Just play Black Ops 2. Expand
  9. Jul 3, 2015
    Almost all of the past COD titles have been good at at least something. If the multiplayer wasn't good then the campaign was. That is not the case with COD Ghosts. The campaign is terrible, it just doesn't have the same feel anymore as COD4 and MW2 campaign's had.

The multiplayer is absolutely dreadful latency and lag issues are all that is left on the PS3 version. The multiplayer is terrible for public matches and unlike BO2 the game doesn't work that well as an eSports game either. XB1, PS4 and 360 have somewhat better MP, but this PS3 version is plain bad.
  10. Nov 17, 2013
    Hello and welcome to Recycled Random Death Simulator 2013. The single player and multiplayer in this game are two completely different kettle's of fish so I will do a brief mini review of both.

Campaign mode It was a good idea to make video games like brain dead Hollywood action blockbuster movies wasn't it. And what is the best way to enjoy an action movie? For me it's watching the

Campaign mode
    It was a good idea to make video games like brain dead Hollywood action blockbuster movies wasn't it. And what is the best way to enjoy an action movie? For me it's watching the same section of movie over and over again because the lead protagonist keeps dying until I go mental and start smashing my house up. Veteran mode (hardest difficulty) exposes CoD's single player for the semi interactive cinematic that it is. No skill, no challenge no depths, no room for exploration or experimentation just do what your told when your told or die. Walk a few steps in the wrong direction ...die. Shoot someone you weren't supposed to ...die. Stick your head out of cover in the wrong place ...die.

Boring incoherent story and bland generic characters. Every level is a remix from a previous CoD game. No British characters, just all American because that's what sells. 1/10

Online mutiplayer
    Well basically it's more of the same. Some interesting new game modes like Crank and Infected which are quite good. Squads and Extinction see you team up with other players to fight AI enemies. The AI is impressive but it's not the same as fighting other human players, thankfully though you can easily ignore these new modes and just focus on the main multiplayer which as usual has plenty of weapons and perks to unlock by leveling up. The maps are decent but there aren't many of them, of course that's because Activision want to charge you for more maps later on with all the usual overpriced DLC. 7/10

Overall package
    Ghosts see's a little improvement in terms of graphics and presentation but it's so slight most probably wouldn't even notice. It's also probably the best multiplayer the series has ever had but again it's such small improvements it's basically irrelevant. If you've played any CoD since 4 then your not getting much different here. Sadly Special Ops which they ruined in MW3 with a pointless leveling up system has now been done away with completely.

In the end it comes down to how tired you are of the same but good multiplayer. With this being the seventh game in as many years it's unlikely most will find this to be a worthwhile or enriching experience. 4/10
  11. Sep 26, 2016
    I'm just writing at least 150 characters because I wanted to save this review in a more convenient way to look back at scores that I had given stuff as a user.
  12. Nov 9, 2013
    I can't see anything innovated or improved here. Ghosts is a disgustingly bad game, with a familiar and unchanged gameplay. The multiplayer feels the same as MW3's one, with horrible graphics (especially in co-op: it's a pain to play co-op in this mess). I mean, what do Activition want to add? Some very minor additions such as sliding, new maps and killstreaks? The whole "destructibility"I can't see anything innovated or improved here. Ghosts is a disgustingly bad game, with a familiar and unchanged gameplay. The multiplayer feels the same as MW3's one, with horrible graphics (especially in co-op: it's a pain to play co-op in this mess). I mean, what do Activition want to add? Some very minor additions such as sliding, new maps and killstreaks? The whole "destructibility" is pointless and is just there to say that it's a next-gen game. I can't even call it "destructibility, because it does nothing to the map, unlike Battlefield 4. The Extinction is just a copy of Left 4 Dead, without having original ideas. And last, but not least, the singleplayer is awful. I'm officially done with COD. (Final Score: 4.27) Expand
  13. Aug 15, 2015
    Just really couldn't get in to Ghosts. For some reason it would not work with my playstation despite it being a brand new disk, and once it did I wasn't really impressed by the story of the multiplayer.
  14. Apr 21, 2016
    Le veo un juego con cierta dificultad , aunque icultad al elegir las armas , lo único que le veo positivo al juego.. es el modo online para poder jugarlo con amigos.. pero por lo demás nada.. una cosa que cabe destacar es la comunidad de éste juego... no me gusta nada de nada..
  15. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Another anticlimax from Activision. GHOSTS is a massive step back from the days of MW1 and MW2. How can a game franchise get WORSE over time isn't it supposed to improve?

Bog standard campaign mode as usual just a change of character names and voice actors. There are one or two cool 'moments' in the campaign but overall it's just fighting against another dictator/terrorist kingpin for the sake of humanity. (YAWN). Nothing new it's the same old.

Online mode is really where it disappoints (which is what everyone plays CoD for)
    Firstly the maps are HUGE and unplayable. A player will run around for minutes at a time searching for an enemy, leading to boring low scoring rounds. Killstreak rewards are the worst I have ever seen, a 'guard' dog that is more interested in playing fetch than protecting you. Air support is limited and weak. Juggernaut is back (oh no) a player kills 10 people in a row and is rewarded by having his/her gun taken away!? Great idea. Where are the pavelow's, harriers and carpet bombs Infinity Ward?

After 10 years a CoD player, CoD is no longer fun. Simple as that. A solid 2 out of 10 well done. Maybe stop rushing new titles out every 12 months for a quick payday will help! So disappointing as MW1 and 2 were world beaters!
  16. Nov 5, 2013
    Yeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to haveYeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to have something so buggy coming out. Graphic and gameplay are worse than black ops. Its not a next gen game, its a failure of the industry. Expand
  17. Nov 5, 2013
    Not worth it i mean this is mostly the same game since MW3 i just thought that it would be a change for the franchise but no luck. Multiplayer is O.K maps are changed a few tweaks thats it i am starting to wonder why does activision bother taking this much time to make the game just bring out a old game. Campaign is horrible story is unfocused characters are just nothing to me and no baseNot worth it i mean this is mostly the same game since MW3 i just thought that it would be a change for the franchise but no luck. Multiplayer is O.K maps are changed a few tweaks thats it i am starting to wonder why does activision bother taking this much time to make the game just bring out a old game. Campaign is horrible story is unfocused characters are just nothing to me and no base to make this game and if you want to spend 60$ it should be on battlefield 4 or Assassins creed 4. For me Cod was dead after MW2 Expand
  18. Jan 2, 2014
    Terrible game.
    -Story is simply just a WTF.
    -Online: slow at many points

Call of duty is not listening to the players and they are to busy trying to recapture the Modern Warfare 1 and 2 era when over 1,000,000 people would be on. 2 weeks after buying I only saw around 150,000 players on.

Call of duty is now beginning to head the Medal of honor route.
  19. Nov 9, 2013
    this is simple TERRIBLE, this is only 1 remasterized graphics, bad inmersion, i played for 2 hours and i finished bored of play this, this is my worst buy of the year, sorry for the buyers but this is the sad reality
  20. Jan 20, 2014
    This series went stale years ago and just needs to disappear from the gaming industry. I wonder why people continue to buy these games, time and time again. What will their next top-selling title be? Call of Duty: Consistent Disappointment?
  21. Feb 7, 2014
    Most definitely the weakest in the series by far, limited weapons, dreary killstreaks, uninspiring level design, appalling respawns and latency issues when 2 people are firing at one another as shown through the killcam.Some of the killstreaks are stupidly overpowered like the guard dog which is ridiculously resilient which makes you wonder if your body armour is made of paper, theMost definitely the weakest in the series by far, limited weapons, dreary killstreaks, uninspiring level design, appalling respawns and latency issues when 2 people are firing at one another as shown through the killcam.Some of the killstreaks are stupidly overpowered like the guard dog which is ridiculously resilient which makes you wonder if your body armour is made of paper, the juggernauts are now stupidly tough to kill to the point where you might as well put the controller down and not bother. The squad mode and extinction add a little novelty to the game but even these additions aren't enough to save this cod, for fans of infinity ward stick to MW2 or MW3, for series fans in general stick to black ops 2 at least its fast paced and more interesting to play. Expand
  22. Aug 23, 2014
    What the hell did I just play!? What the **** happened to this franchise!! What were the developers thinking when coming up with this god forsaken mess. The campaign is decent, nothing to shabby but still fun to play but the multiplayer on the other hand is just pure garbage. The spawns are awful, the maps are way to big, there's no weapon and perk balance, the killstreaks are garbage, theWhat the hell did I just play!? What the **** happened to this franchise!! What were the developers thinking when coming up with this god forsaken mess. The campaign is decent, nothing to shabby but still fun to play but the multiplayer on the other hand is just pure garbage. The spawns are awful, the maps are way to big, there's no weapon and perk balance, the killstreaks are garbage, the connection is so bad that sometimes i get kicked out of a game for no reason and the multiplayer is so boring that it makes me want to watch a game of golf on TV. OHH and don't even get me started on squads mode and the zombies ripoff but with aliens instead. Atleast the game still works and like I said the campaign is decent. Expand
  23. Jan 24, 2014
    Played , COD 1 , 2 , 3 , 4, MW2 , BO1 ... and let me tell you COD stopped after COD4 i can't believe how they are out ideas and inspiration to make a new game , ive started ghost for 5min then stopped to save same Minutes of my life time . RIP COD
  24. Dec 22, 2013
    This is a game that feels more like a patch then a full price game. I like the COD games but it is getting to the point of the series needs an overhaul instead of the same rinse and repeat formula. In fact I feel bad for anyone who bought this game at $60 when this game is clearly a $30 game.
  25. May 6, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is just the same old Call of Duty with a few new features. Black Ops 2, from what I've seen, still has more players than Ghosts and i'm not surprised. A waste of money if you ask me!
  26. Jan 20, 2014
    I cant give this pathetic game anymore then a 1. Not only does this game bring the same repetitive multiplayer and campaign, but they brought to us a "wannabe" zombies mode called Extinction. I would rather like this a lot more if there was survival involved like zombies but even you have to be at least level 20 to actually beat a f**king game on Extinction. Campaign was yet anotherI cant give this pathetic game anymore then a 1. Not only does this game bring the same repetitive multiplayer and campaign, but they brought to us a "wannabe" zombies mode called Extinction. I would rather like this a lot more if there was survival involved like zombies but even you have to be at least level 20 to actually beat a f**king game on Extinction. Campaign was yet another disappointment, same boring rushed campaign. Then there is multiplayer, the biggest disappointment. People always say "OMG There is in game challenges! So innovative".

Face it Activision and Treyarch and Infinityward, COD is dead. It was dead 4 years ago so just let go of it and make a new title that might not suck!
  27. Nov 10, 2014
    Wow what a piece of garbage this game was. Normally the reviews here don't do COD any justice, but in this case they do. The game is extremely slow and campy as hell. Don't know what Infinity Ward was thinking with the big ass maps like Battlefield. They work there because they have a higher amount of players. Playing a 4 on 4 game, when people rage from IED's, is horrible. Don'tWow what a piece of garbage this game was. Normally the reviews here don't do COD any justice, but in this case they do. The game is extremely slow and campy as hell. Don't know what Infinity Ward was thinking with the big ass maps like Battlefield. They work there because they have a higher amount of players. Playing a 4 on 4 game, when people rage from IED's, is horrible. Don't know how many time limit TMD's I played. Honestly, the game was so bad, I traded it in and went back to Blops 2. I wish Activision would get rid of Infinity Ward as they have two horrible strikes in Ghosts and MW3. Expand
  28. Nov 14, 2013
    Just another typical cod game.... Some simple boring singleplayer mode to have some excuse for a new installment, and the online mode is the same as always. They should just make an MMO and ditch the rest, but they won't cuz it kills the profit using another sh*t story as an excuse to launch a new game every year. Only reason to get this game is when you start feeling like the mw3 serversJust another typical cod game.... Some simple boring singleplayer mode to have some excuse for a new installment, and the online mode is the same as always. They should just make an MMO and ditch the rest, but they won't cuz it kills the profit using another sh*t story as an excuse to launch a new game every year. Only reason to get this game is when you start feeling like the mw3 servers are dying out.... Expand
  29. Nov 9, 2013
    Honestly this is the biggest disappointment for call of duty fans. The multi player maps are massive and lack any creative elements. They provide a perfect ground for campers and snipers so forget it if you're planing on using ar's. The graphics are glitchy and poor and it's hard to decipher the environment to players at times. bo2 is a much better game overall. Try bf4 if you wantHonestly this is the biggest disappointment for call of duty fans. The multi player maps are massive and lack any creative elements. They provide a perfect ground for campers and snipers so forget it if you're planing on using ar's. The graphics are glitchy and poor and it's hard to decipher the environment to players at times. bo2 is a much better game overall. Try bf4 if you want something new but this is just pure crap. Expand
  30. Nov 9, 2013
    Ok, first off I am (or WAS) a COD fanboy. Bought every version since the great COD 4. Now the game started to get stale for me a couple of years back. I must be stupid because every year I fall for the marketing hype. I say I will never buy a COD game again unless they are different but strangely enough I end up buying it. Bought Ghosts about a week ago. I'm reviewing multiplayer hereOk, first off I am (or WAS) a COD fanboy. Bought every version since the great COD 4. Now the game started to get stale for me a couple of years back. I must be stupid because every year I fall for the marketing hype. I say I will never buy a COD game again unless they are different but strangely enough I end up buying it. Bought Ghosts about a week ago. I'm reviewing multiplayer here cause I couldn't even bring myself to play campaign and honestly who really buys COD for the campaign.

I tried to give it a go, I really did. But when I still had the Hardened Version of Black Ops 2 sitting in my drawer I didn't see the point. Despite what they say, the game is the same. Graphics mechanics etc. Yes they have thrown in a dog but this should be DLC and not a $100 game.

Now Im not going to scream DONT BUY THIS GAME!!! What you do with your money if your choice. Super mad COD fanboys and newcomers will probably still like the game and forgive its shortcomings, and think its great. However, those of you that have been playing COD since COD 4 will see this game for what it is, something that is just a rehash of last year, which was a rehash of the year before which was a rehash........
  31. Dec 7, 2013
    I am a Call of Duty fan...every year...except this year. This is a cheap, thrown-together-real-quick excuse for a game is beyond disappointing. This was the year Call of Duty could have become special. Not only did Ghosts take a step back in the Call of Duty franchise, they started walking backwards. The graphics are not the best, but those are the last thing I would complain about.I am a Call of Duty fan...every year...except this year. This is a cheap, thrown-together-real-quick excuse for a game is beyond disappointing. This was the year Call of Duty could have become special. Not only did Ghosts take a step back in the Call of Duty franchise, they started walking backwards. The graphics are not the best, but those are the last thing I would complain about. The little things in COD are what make Call of Duty refreshing every year. Those little things are what made Ghosts bad. It is difficult to mute players, new leaning & sliding mechanics are terrible, and the maps are a disgrace. Other than the multiplayer, I did enjoy the campaign. The safeguard mode and extinction are hollow modes, but still somewhat entertaining. As for me, I will sell this one and hope next year is a more rewarding year for Call of Duty fans. Expand
  32. Nov 14, 2013
    I've been a fan of this series since the first game, and hands down this is the worst in the series. I felt so strongly about how much I regret buying this game I had to sign up here to review it to warn others. Don't waste your money. If you want to play call of duty, play one of the games you already have. Ghosts offers nothing new, besides a contextual lean, which is never explainedI've been a fan of this series since the first game, and hands down this is the worst in the series. I felt so strongly about how much I regret buying this game I had to sign up here to review it to warn others. Don't waste your money. If you want to play call of duty, play one of the games you already have. Ghosts offers nothing new, besides a contextual lean, which is never explained or utilized and feels absolutely useless, and minor changes to multiplayer, which are left mostly ambiguous to the player. The campaign is about 60-70% rehashed from similar games, and the space levels and water levels feel exactly the same, to the point where they might as well have included space sharks. Multiplayer feels like a step back, and lag compensation kills the experience on ps3, and now you can't see the ping from the other players to decide if you want to commit to a game or not. Even graphically, the only real saving grace of this game, there is not much of an improvement, if any, over black ops 2 or modern warfare 3. Bottom line is they released a game with way too many problems for the 7th game released using the same engine they've been using for over half a decade now.
    Extinction mode is nothing new, it feels like a combination of survival mode and zombies with no real reason to make me feel like putting any effort into it, and only one map to start off with. With the next generation of consoles looming over the horizon, 'Ghosts' feels like an anachronism, and an easily ignorable experience. Everything impressive in the trailers mostly takes place at an un-viewable angle during the campaign and undermines whatever 'cool factor' was present. I'm not sure if rating this a 3 is too harsh, but I definitely feel like I was sold something that was done half-assed, not only failing at any attempt to innovate, or be original, but also not fixing any old issues or even feeling up to par with the older Call of Duty's. Even if you've never played a game in the series, you can pick up one of the older games new or used for less than a copy of ghosts, and have a more enjoyable experience.
  33. Nov 5, 2013
    This isn't your first game Activision, the lag online is terrible, you never learn. Nothing new brought to the table, generic campaign, terrible online gaming experience.
  34. Jan 12, 2014
    The latest Call of Duty is far from innovative but it continues the franchise's endlessly entertaining multiplayer. However, the campaign feels like a step down from that of Black Ops 2 and is only mildly successful at changing up the setting of the game. The new extinction mode is fun but repetitive. Enjoy the fun multiplayer and the new maps but little technical improvements are found inThe latest Call of Duty is far from innovative but it continues the franchise's endlessly entertaining multiplayer. However, the campaign feels like a step down from that of Black Ops 2 and is only mildly successful at changing up the setting of the game. The new extinction mode is fun but repetitive. Enjoy the fun multiplayer and the new maps but little technical improvements are found in Call of Duty: Ghosts Expand
  35. Apr 24, 2014
    oh god why? F*ck this game. Look If you want a call of duty shut up and buy black ops 2 now. F*ck me. What still here fine I'll go into details. Graphics are still just like modern warfare 1,2, and 3 not at all improved. The damn maps they are too big I know what your thinking "but I want big maps" 6 vs. 6 on big maps good luck finding anyone. So many damn children in M rated game itsoh god why? F*ck this game. Look If you want a call of duty shut up and buy black ops 2 now. F*ck me. What still here fine I'll go into details. Graphics are still just like modern warfare 1,2, and 3 not at all improved. The damn maps they are too big I know what your thinking "but I want big maps" 6 vs. 6 on big maps good luck finding anyone. So many damn children in M rated game its annoying and you all under the age no buy I mean it. Quick scoping is actually easier , why? Oh right because "F*ck you give me money". Knifing how do you f*ck that up? You get what I call an auto knife if it doesn't kick in hen you need it your screwed. Extinction ignore others its not a zombies rip off well completely anyway. You get a load out system that give you a class, pistol, and abilities by that I mean turrets and vest. You destroy hives instead of getting round which is kind of okay really. But it has an annoying $6,000 limit for weapons etc.. Oh right you die in 3-4 bullets unless its a shotgun or sniper. The story sucks about as bad as modern warfare 3. They even ruined the dog you bastards. The destructible map people wanted you get gas stations, log, and 1 nuke for 1 map so hope you weren't hyped for that. Right of course the DLC crap they do guess what so far 2 weapons that are actually worth a damn more money please smaller maps? More money, its legal robbery. Oh you can lean you know something hat exist in the ps2 era I know I still have mine. Before you go "so its modern warfare3?" no oh no you would think that is titan fall after this yeah that bad. No just no it hurts what I went through playing the f*cking game. The story length is slightly I mean slightly longer then battle field 4 by 1 or 2 hours so 5-6 hours. Do not buy this game Expand
  36. Mar 26, 2015
    COD has returned again after the mw3 failure , infinity ward desided to "change" cod and start a new series called "Ghosts".Unfortunately they manged to make THE worst cod ever released.The singleplayer campaign is back but it is boring with lack of interesting characters like price or soap.As for the multiplayer it is awful.It feels like it is broken.One think i liked in this game is thatCOD has returned again after the mw3 failure , infinity ward desided to "change" cod and start a new series called "Ghosts".Unfortunately they manged to make THE worst cod ever released.The singleplayer campaign is back but it is boring with lack of interesting characters like price or soap.As for the multiplayer it is awful.It feels like it is broken.One think i liked in this game is that the guns are balanced.Rather than multiplayer here comes the Squads which is multiplayer with bots and the extinction.With extinction they wanted to make a new mode to replace treyarch's zombies,but they failed.Generally this game is one of the worst games ever released.DONT BUY IT!!!!!!! Expand
  37. Dec 6, 2013
    BULL!!! I rented this game at redbox and it was disc 2 WHICH WAS JUST A CONTENT PACK I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO PLAY IT!! this is complete BULL!!! I wasted my money!!!
  38. Nov 26, 2013
    Not trolling the series, but every single COD seems to remain the exact same with no direction.
    The campaign on this is a winner, probably one of the best.
    The campaign on this is a winner, probably one of the best.
    Multiplayer is one of the worst, which is a mode that just keeps going downhill since Modern Warfare 2. The lag is unbearable, the spawning system is and the campers and immaturity online has just been increasing in so much ignorance that I'm not sure the game will ever be good again.
    Extinction is actually a pretty fun mode (similar to zombies), but still doesn't do much after thirty of forty games of it.
    I wouldn't really recommend COD's to anyone, probably since the first Black OPs.
  39. Nov 9, 2013
    It is now apparent just how terrible Call of Duty has become. Everything, and I mean everything is so bad about this game, from the weapons to the maps to the absolutely awful deaths you will see every single game. This is easily the most frustrating multiplayer game I've ever played. It is sad and pathetic just how much the Call of Duty series caters to noobs. Anyone known as a 'rager'It is now apparent just how terrible Call of Duty has become. Everything, and I mean everything is so bad about this game, from the weapons to the maps to the absolutely awful deaths you will see every single game. This is easily the most frustrating multiplayer game I've ever played. It is sad and pathetic just how much the Call of Duty series caters to noobs. Anyone known as a 'rager' and anyone that finds no fun in crouching in a corner or sitting on a rooftop all game waiting for someone to run by needs to stay away from this piss poor abomination of a game. It is hard to believe that infinity ward, the developers of COD 4 and mw2, has just pushed out this horrible turd of a video game. I recommend this game to newcomers to the series, douchers that run in packs of 3 and campers. People with real talent, you have been forgotten. Expand
  40. Dec 31, 2013
    This isn't really a review of the game, this is my story. Try to be patient, I'm still fragile and my doctor tells me it's good to talk about these things...

I feel robbed, I'm going to take this game back to the store and say it says "Corrupt disc" when I try to play it or something. It really is that bad! Let me illustrate it another way: I've suffered depression a handful of times in my life and the first thing I always notice when it begins is that get no enjoyment out of anything, even the things I usually really like. I sat for hours mechanically shooting my way through this game wondering if I might be slipping in to depression. I really felt that might be happening.

I've heard small children telling better stories than this game has. There also aren't any characters either. Seriously they're so boringly generic and colourless that I can't even remember what their faces look like. Captain Price was a character! You know I actually cried at the end of CoD4? So I turned Ghosts off and played through Red Dead Redemption. It was great, I actually grieved for a whole day at the end of it, I hardly realised how much it had gripped me until it ended. So then I wondered: what if I had outgrown the FPS genre? There's really not much story to FPS games generally, perhaps I just needed story? Perhaps I needed to start reading books and smoking a pipe? So I played CoD4 and loved it. I played CoD2 and could barely contain my joy. I played CoD and despite struggling to get it working because it's so old I was actually laughing until tears rolled down my cheeks because I was so relieved that I wasn't going to be depressed at all, I'd just played a really bad game.

That's my story, and it's better than the one in Ghosts.
  41. Nov 8, 2013
    Its been a while since i have felt the need to write a review, but after getting this at midnight launch i had to comment. This game has nothing promised. The dog stuff? utter rubbish really. The story? lucky if it lasts u 5 hrs. the multiplayer? hacked from the first minute.

In particular as a multiplayer player first and foremost, I was very dissapointed. The maps are larger and multi leveled which is nice, but 6 on 6 feels empty and tends to involve a lot of camping. Its also ugly to look at, assuming its been lowered from next gen quality, BLOPS2 looks better.

AND THE HACKERS! omg so many hackers, hacks were out before release, and i had 1 fair game in 10 for the first few days. Its common to complain about hackers who are just skilled, but when you see players getting ten kill streaks on the other team when they have at most 3 or 4 a person, its complete utter crap.

This game is half baked, not even that, and the hacking community has ruined it for those who like to play it legit. Im back to playing BLOPS2 for now, and will probably trade this piece of in asap. Most dissapointing game since Company of Heroes 2
  42. Nov 5, 2013
    This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach.This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach. It's like they sat down and thought "Hmmm, how can we refresh the slow mo breaches? I know! insteaad of a normal breach, we will have, and get this, are you ready for this? we will have a REVERSE breach!!! Genius!" Playing through is full of deja-vu, you feel like you have played every mission a million and one times over. There's a sneeky stealthy bit, a sniper bit, a bit where you try to escape while shooting from the back of a veichle etc etc etc, it's the same old thing. The graphics are also a step down from Black Ops 2. The multiplayer is the same as ever. I sat playing Modern Warfare 3 online over the weekend and, while playing COD Ghosts online i often forgot it was COD Ghosts, i thought i was playing Modern Warfare 3 still. It also feels odd without Captain Price and the SAS boys, i really miss them. When Ghosts was announced i got super excited thinking Ghost from the Modern Warfae would feauture in it, but sadly not. Instead they took the Ghosts theme, added a dog named Riley after Gaz and Ghost from the Modern Warfare series, reworked the story of Modern Warfare 2, then try to charge us £40 to £60 for it. Seriously, save your money. Expand
  43. Nov 5, 2013
    I cant believe i just tried again cod and yes it is completely failed again. Really big disappointment in single story, no changes in multiplayer(mostly). Big shame to all cod series, every year infinity going down faster
  44. Jan 31, 2014
    Look at the User Score. Thats what counts. You see it? Its as dark as the blood gets from the blood you spilled from your opponents in this game... Just don't get it. Look at other reviews. You'll understand. $60 isn't a right price. People who play this are children. Wait... Why am I in this section if I'm a PC Gamer?!?! Well heck with it I made it this far. Black Ops 2+Dog=Ghosts
  45. Nov 6, 2013
    Analizemos un momento....Pobre online mode no hay mejoras en los gráficos....no hay nada de innovación al respecto...el modo historia ya como muchos han comentado..es una porquería (demasiado predecible y monótono para mí al menos)... es prácticamente escribirle "Ghosts" en vez de "ModerWarfare 3" y lanzarlo como nuevo juego se esperaba mucho más de esta nueva entrega en sí no es sinoAnalizemos un momento....Pobre online mode no hay mejoras en los gráficos....no hay nada de innovación al respecto...el modo historia ya como muchos han comentado..es una porquería (demasiado predecible y monótono para mí al menos)... es prácticamente escribirle "Ghosts" en vez de "ModerWarfare 3" y lanzarlo como nuevo juego se esperaba mucho más de esta nueva entrega en sí no es sino más de lo mismo... ¿Un consejo?...NO LO COMPRES PD:Transale this text if you don't understand what i say... Expand
  46. Nov 5, 2013
    Simply shocking. A total mess. Nothing new for 4-5 years and if anything has regressed. Battlefield 4 do cod game modes i.e team deathmatch and domination much much better and that's not even the real battlefield.
  47. Jan 30, 2014
    boycott this franchise please! All COD has done is just recycle, recycle, recyle. If you compare the characters and maps etc from the previous titles in the franchise, they just take the same stuff and repackage it. I used to be a huge fan of MP of the series, but just got bored after they just repackage the same stuff repeatedly.
    It's just terrible! guys, boycott the franchise so they
    It's just terrible! guys, boycott the franchise so they will actually put some energy into creating new titles instead of recycling old ones!
    don't buy this game if you played previous title/titles!
  48. Nov 7, 2013
    This game is the same old piece of crap game If you played any ps3 or xbox360 cod games, you have played this one. If you buy this you bought them all. Stale boring story with multiplayer to match (if you thought the multiplayer for any cod game was fun, you will like this I guess) Dont get it.
  49. Nov 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unlike most of the critics and users on this page, will not judge the game by the multi-player (mainly because it was bad to begin with), so instead I will judge the game by it's single-player as that is all Call Of Duty has left.

So when I heard that the campaign will follow the USA fighting a stronger faction that has weakened them, I said sarcastically "This shall be good." But when I played the campaign, I learnt that this story is inconsistent in many ways:

1) The USA are fighting the whole of South America in this game, because as we all know, COD is about white, burly dudes being the superior race as they fight against anything that isn't white or American.

2) The South Americans are not technically stronger in this game, because they had to steal the American's Orbital satellite laser to weaken them. They also had to convince one of the Ghost Soldiers to switch sides before they had any advantage against the Ghosts in the campaign.

3) How can the US still be weak in the game, when the entire campaign I was using heavy weaponry and tanks?

4) The dog that was highly advertised in the trailers and promotional art was suppose to be the selling point, but instead was only used in two mission, and when the dog got shot at one point, everyone threw a fuss about it, meanwhile, any human soldiers that were shot or killed, non of them gave a about it.

5) As established earlier, COD is for white, paranoid idiots that like shooting anything that was not white and/or American, but in the past, at least to stick with ACTUAL enemies of the US, so trying to pin another continent as the enemy in this game seem highly hypocritical and misinforming. I'm willing to bet that somewhere in the world, there is one person who thinks the South American are the bad guys.

So COD: Ghosts is a highly inconsistent and terribly written game. I felt like I was wasting my time judging it by the campaign, because after COD 4, the COD campaigns have been getting worse, So I will end this review by judging it by the gameplay:

It's messy and boring, give it a miss...

...Wow that could of done...
  50. Nov 22, 2013
    I am truly disappointed with this game. Once again after all the hype for this new "different call of duty" it turns out to be the exact feel as MW3, I can honestly come to a conclusion that duty is dead!(I have said this since black ops 2 but have hoped for a bit of a change). if you are a call of duty fan boy, you will obviously dig this, like you doc all the others, But for oneI am truly disappointed with this game. Once again after all the hype for this new "different call of duty" it turns out to be the exact feel as MW3, I can honestly come to a conclusion that duty is dead!(I have said this since black ops 2 but have hoped for a bit of a change). if you are a call of duty fan boy, you will obviously dig this, like you doc all the others, But for one looking for something new and different for the series, you will be sadly disappointed with ghosts, really the only thing in this game that I liked more so then the others is the individual dog score streak, seeing two dogs go at it is pretty cool no doubt. other than that i felt like i was playing MW3 with different maps. if you feel the same way about this i do, give battle field 4 a try, I have found that game allot more enjoyable than ghosts. Expand
  51. Dec 5, 2013
    When I first heard about the new features in CoD Ghosts, I was kind of interested. Although I never really liked Call of Duty (except CoD 5 which was amazing), I played every single one at least for a while.
    I was interested in the new "jump-over-stuff" animation and in the interactive maps although I knew that this wouldn't spectacular at all (look at the battlefield series, you can destroy whole SKYSCRAPERS, while in cod you can blow up a gas station -.-).
    So then my friend bought the hardened edition, we sat down and started the multiplayer. First of all, the jump-over-stuff animation was pathetic. It was just a little different then the old one even though it was highly praised by infinity ward. good job. not.
    The interactive maps: the only thing I ever encountered in 4 hours of playing was a collapsing gas station which didnt do anything good and looked dumb (and the game lagged when it exploded).
    Next point: dogs. As well as in the singleplayer there are those highly announced dogs. But the problem is that they are just annoying. it is unbelievably hard to kill them and again, typically cod style, the player who is good gets an enourmous help thanks to the dog and the newcomers cannot manage to interrupt the killing spree the player is on then.
    And the multiplayer is basically not very different then every single mp since cod4 in 2007. Cod always basically stays the exact same thing over and over.
  52. Feb 1, 2014
    I'm gunna keep this short. Single player is just another hallway shooter, and multiplayer is the same since MW2. They've kept the same base recipe, then just added a little bit extra spice that only veterans will take notice of. (Or really care for that matter.)

Pros: - Same addicting multiplayer if you're not bored yet. (Plus if you're a fan of spending $120 bucks on a game.) Cons:

Pros:

Cons:
    - Forgettable, boring story mode.
    - Tired mechanics.
    - After playing other great looking ps3 games, this just looks bland and awful. (Blops2 looks better for **** sake)

I rented this game for a week and I've already had my fill of Call of Duty for this year. Maybe I'll just spend this time next year playing Titanfall or Destiny instead...
  53. Nov 6, 2013
    Seriously Activision? Grow up. There is no way you can keep selling the same game over and over. You already milked this franchise enough. Now send it to the butcher.
  54. Nov 5, 2013
    Horrible, simply horrible, to much hype for this BO2 kicks this game's ass blindfolded
    Not worth the 60 bucks
    Don't buy this, go buy Batman Arkham Origins, BF4, AC4, GTA 5... there are many better games in the market right now and better to come
    Don't waste your money in this
  55. Nov 9, 2013
    call of duty is just falling apart each new game that they make makes me sader and sader and the fact that people expect more from this game each year is redundant. i gave it a one because i feel like the story was Meh but there was a tiny spec of effort in it because who gives a about compaign right? all they do is repackage multiplayer each year and thats it no one even plays it forcall of duty is just falling apart each new game that they make makes me sader and sader and the fact that people expect more from this game each year is redundant. i gave it a one because i feel like the story was Meh but there was a tiny spec of effort in it because who gives a about compaign right? all they do is repackage multiplayer each year and thats it no one even plays it for the tory which is what call of duy was once about. this game is the final nail in call of dutys coffin Expand
  56. Nov 9, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a hilarious comedy video game.

Call of Duty: Ghosts is a hilarious comedy video game.

What Activation have done this time around is taken the original Modern Warfare and tinkered with it a little (as per usual), wonderful. BUT, on top of that beautiful masterpiece, this time they have also included a fabulous dog called Riley into the campaign. Unfortunately Riley is quite a heavy eater, allegedly consuming an extra 32GB of your precious hard drive space and a beefy 5.5GB of extra RAM over Call of Duty 4.

As per all recent games in the franchise the campaign is action packed, totally over the top and making no sense what so ever, just run and shoot and you will do fine... That being said I did somewhat enjoy the campaign. Unfortunately after those short six hours of fun that's where things stop being slightly entertaining. Multiplayer is the exact same as usual, an absolute hell-hole.

Now the one good thing about this game is that it keeps all the immature teeny boppers away from other games, kudos Activision.

I think I will purchase an extra copy of Battlefield 4 just to do some justice to this terrible game.

Recommended hardware specifications according to Steam:
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 8 GB HD space, 512MB RAM.
    Call of Duty: Ghosts 40 GB HD space, 6 GB RAM.
  57. Feb 17, 2014
    The absolutely worst game i've tried. Modern Warfare 2 is the greatest game in the cod series, which I would have given about 9.5 in rating, but this? This game is nothing more than a cheap bad copy of the other games, the cod series should've just quit on MW3, after that, the game quality have just gone down, down and down.
  58. Nov 16, 2013
    call of duty should die now. IT looks obvious that they are out of ideas now they are just copying others with squad. And extinction mode is so bad its not playable along with same type of campaign we have been seeing since modern warfare 1. Not only the worst COD or the worst game of the year.but this game is the worst game in a whole decade.
  59. Jan 20, 2014
    Awful. Just awful The multiplayer is the same (that is, awful arcade shooter) , the campaign isn't bad, and the engine is just a reskinned version of the one in MW3. Essentially, it's the same drivel as the stuff they put into every CoD game since MW2. Overall, the series has gotten old and now its age is showing. If they had put even a little love or innovation into this title I wouldAwful. Just awful The multiplayer is the same (that is, awful arcade shooter) , the campaign isn't bad, and the engine is just a reskinned version of the one in MW3. Essentially, it's the same drivel as the stuff they put into every CoD game since MW2. Overall, the series has gotten old and now its age is showing. If they had put even a little love or innovation into this title I would have given it a 7 just fro trying something new. Expand
  60. Nov 28, 2013
    Was very disappointed in Call of Duty: Ghost since it promised so much difference to the last game that it released, like the new "engine" they said will make the game look and feel better, which was a lie since it still looked and felt like i was playing Modern warfare. The story is a waste of time even after the whole story about the legendary ghost that are the best killing force onWas very disappointed in Call of Duty: Ghost since it promised so much difference to the last game that it released, like the new "engine" they said will make the game look and feel better, which was a lie since it still looked and felt like i was playing Modern warfare. The story is a waste of time even after the whole story about the legendary ghost that are the best killing force on earth because of there unmatched stealth skill, which was total BS since all they did was blow up everything and tried to kill everyone whilst making themselves as noticeable as possible. I had high hopes that this game would be at least decent enough to make me want to play the next game but the game has brought in so many features that have already been put in to game so many years ago and they do a crap job doing them. So i'm never going to play another COD game again Expand
  61. Dec 6, 2013
    This is not a bad game, but it's not a great game.
    The GOOD
    -Multiplayer has the pick 10 system -Some new guns are really cool -Thermal is actually good -Sniping has been balanced for the good -Survival (not extinction) The BAD -Single player sucks (story sucks with a cliché ending) -Most maps are too big (but not all) -Extinction isn't that good -Squads -The squad point system
    This is not a bad game, but it's not a great game.
    The GOOD
    -Multiplayer has the pick 10 system
    -Some new guns are really cool
    -Thermal is actually good
    -Sniping has been balanced for the good
    -Survival (not extinction)
    The BAD
    -Single player sucks (story sucks with a cliché ending)
    -Most maps are too big (but not all)
    -Extinction isn't that good
    -Squads
    -The squad point system is terrible. (I was level 17 before I unlocked "custom class 4")
    -Integrated silencers for some guns (others will say that it is cool)
    -Dated graphics
    Overall, not a great game. I prefer black ops 2. The best thing in this game to me is sniping is awesome. The worst is that the core gameplay has not been changed even a little bit since MW1. Oh and the graphics are starting to get dated. COD needs a new engine fast.
  62. May 4, 2014
    La verdad me parecio un juego totalmente aburrido en su modo multijugador la historia no esta tan mal pero la verdad que su multijugador es un ***** asco
  63. Feb 14, 2014
    I've been in Video Gaming since the late 1980's and on online gaming since 1997, with average of 4+ hours daily online gaming, technically speaking i have spent playing online gaming much more than the life of many online players nowadays.

Why i said that is to inform that i have seen almost all kind of online and offline gaming ever been created on all platforms, and i never and i mean never seen a game goes bad like Ghost.

I'm totally honest when i say, because of this game i have changed my hobby to another field and i quit gaming, as i never seen any game more disturbing and failing like this game.

Technically it is much better than all COD games, however practically it is score Big Zero with me.

I can say why, however i will be wasting my precious time on this game, i don't know if they should call it a game.

I don't know who design it, however these guys should be sacked and i mean it badly.

The only one who seem to like it is the critics, i just wonder why don't they create games for critics and other games for the rest of us... :-)

Fail bad...
  64. Nov 6, 2013
    The apparently new game engine is a massive joke it's updated from previous titles. I feel that current gen call of duty ghosts is so bad graphically. I truly think they did that on purpose so that would make the next gem version seem a whole lot better then it is. It's all smoke and mirrors here people. The fish AI doesn't even work like advertised. Lol
    But honestly they need to consider
    But honestly they need to consider rebooting the franchise if not I wouldn't be surprised if call of duty goes under. Truly a garbage of a game.
  65. Dec 26, 2013
    Dogs. Everyone who has played this game knows that the dogs are overpowered as Only a five killstreak. A retarded bat could play this and get the dogs. That is all I have to say.
  66. Nov 8, 2013
    same copy paste garbage every year, hope in the god lord people will stop buying this crap, the cod cycle is resumed as this: they copy, and they paste everything from the previously versions with a "new skin", every new year they do this, and so... hell yeah.. people buy like a zombie.
  67. Nov 6, 2013
    Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!
  68. Nov 6, 2013
    Activision clearly thinks their customers are fools who will buy the game regardless of what they do. A next gen game using an 11 year old modified quake engine. So much for all the "we are building a new engine". Adding some poor lighting effects (google ghosts two suns lighting) and upping polygon count doesn't equal a new engine. Then there is the issue of one of the final scene fromActivision clearly thinks their customers are fools who will buy the game regardless of what they do. A next gen game using an 11 year old modified quake engine. So much for all the "we are building a new engine". Adding some poor lighting effects (google ghosts two suns lighting) and upping polygon count doesn't equal a new engine. Then there is the issue of one of the final scene from MW2 being recycled into the start of ghosts. Been playing since cod2 and cod4 is still the best. Not because of nostalgia (as Vonderhaar has claimed) but because the server lag was way less notable to the point that skill actually played a part. Expand
  69. Nov 7, 2013
    YAWN!

Same turd ever so slightly different toilet. Save yourself the money and just play black ops 2 again. You wouldn't notice the difference. Annoyed with myself that I got suckered into buying this again.
  70. Nov 7, 2013
    This game was just awful I have put about two hours into this game and just could not bring myself around to playing it again but I reckon that the Call of Duty series died along time ago.
  71. Nov 9, 2013
    I was a huge fan of the series and bought it for my kid and me who play on both ps3 and xbox, both versions were absolute trash, I was a fan sense call of duty 4 and this is a disgrace to the series.
  72. Nov 11, 2013
    this game is rubbish especially the aliens man they messed it up with how big the maps are azwell man i love like all the other call of dutys like modern warfare 3 but it messed it up big time bruda
  73. Nov 12, 2013
    this game is was bad not terrible just bad, for start's the single-player taking a different approach to the MW series and I want spoil the ending but i do like. next is extinction mode which some people don't like but it is most likely the only reason someone would by the game as it fells different from zombies. Finally the one reason i'm giving this game a below average is the very muchthis game is was bad not terrible just bad, for start's the single-player taking a different approach to the MW series and I want spoil the ending but i do like. next is extinction mode which some people don't like but it is most likely the only reason someone would by the game as it fells different from zombies. Finally the one reason i'm giving this game a below average is the very much broken muiltplayer and it's not the fact the coped maps but it is the the chainsaw the most overpower weapon in the cod series and a weapon that brakes the muiltplayer. Expand
  74. May 28, 2014
    Boring uninspired maps, questionable textures and graphics which looked better about 3 previous games ago, and ridiculous single player story, COD Ghosts is another lackluster, repetitive cash grab for a series that has long outstayed its welcome. If you're familiar with any of the 'efforts' by the COD franchise, I'm sure you'll have no need for anymore explanation and dislike this game asBoring uninspired maps, questionable textures and graphics which looked better about 3 previous games ago, and ridiculous single player story, COD Ghosts is another lackluster, repetitive cash grab for a series that has long outstayed its welcome. If you're familiar with any of the 'efforts' by the COD franchise, I'm sure you'll have no need for anymore explanation and dislike this game as much as I do. The 3 stars I did give it were merely due to extinction mode which was an interesting twist on the horde mode that many AAA games spout these days. However, I found myself missing zombies and just wished I could've jumped into that after goofing around online for a little. Horrid game. Stop buying it people. Expand
  75. Dec 28, 2014
    Overall this game was a huge disappointment. The single-player story was pretty childish and cheesy. As for multiplayer, the game fails in all aspects. We were promised dedicated servers that never came, but no problem you can never tell you're lagging because there's no ping bars. The maps are way too big for 6v6 resulting in running around for minutes just to end up being shot in theOverall this game was a huge disappointment. The single-player story was pretty childish and cheesy. As for multiplayer, the game fails in all aspects. We were promised dedicated servers that never came, but no problem you can never tell you're lagging because there's no ping bars. The maps are way too big for 6v6 resulting in running around for minutes just to end up being shot in the back. The time to kill is ridiculously fast, sometimes less than your ping resulting in instant deaths. The redeeming factors are the much improved hit detection and the okay weapons, but they're not enough. Expand
  76. Nov 6, 2013
    badbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbad
  77. Nov 8, 2013
    As a long time Call of Duty player, I am disappointed in this release. Despite being marketed for next gen systems, there is little that has actually been improved. Black Ops II remains my favorite in the series, and I'm more likely to purchase Treyarch Call of Duty games from this point on, versus Infinity Ward.
  78. Nov 6, 2013
    i love being yelled at a bunch of rasist 12 year olds and buying the same game over with a 4 hour campaign. but in all fairness it has an ok pace to it.
  79. Nov 5, 2013
    They used the same engine from Modern Warfare 3, and when compared to Xbox 360 graphics, it looks like dirt. Nothing new added to the franchise.

Singleplayer is short and really bad. It's also boring. Hey, atleast they added a dog. A reskinned and recoded dog from the other Call of Duties. For your information, that dog didn't brought anything new to the game. They copied pasted all

They copied pasted all the multiplayer stuff from Modern Warfare 3 and added little DLCs, and now they call that a new multiplayer experience. Multiplayer experience my a**.

Don't buy this game. Buy Modern Warfare 3 if you really want to play a modern Call of Duty game. Hey, atleast it's cheaper! I give this game a 0/10, good job Activision.
  80. Nov 5, 2013
    A pile of Same old game from like what, 2007? It looks like they recycled the engine from COD4, added a little tweaks here and there and called it a day. It's sad that some cretins still give into COD.

Ghosts is just another ****ty carbon copy. The campaign is wank, the multiplayer is still the same with the same little children, and the mechanics are graphics are still the same ****.

To sum it up: COD Ghosts is a disgrace to the video game world.
  81. Nov 6, 2013
    I've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say theI've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say the least. I found myself getting upset and bored accumulating just a few squad points each game only to find out that I still couldn't afford the outrageously priced perk, gun, attachments, kill-streak, additional weapon class, etc, that I was looking forward to. Among other frustrating details, all-in-all, this game might quickly be replaced by BF4. At least they have vehicles that get you back in the fight. Expand
  82. Nov 7, 2013
    Once again, we have a COD game that is the same of a previous installment. There is no improvement with the graphics at all. Producers brag about how fast the frames per second are, but what good is it when the results are terrible graphics. All the death animations are the same, but what's new. And of course, they have failed to integrate any sort of vehicle into the multiplayerOnce again, we have a COD game that is the same of a previous installment. There is no improvement with the graphics at all. Producers brag about how fast the frames per second are, but what good is it when the results are terrible graphics. All the death animations are the same, but what's new. And of course, they have failed to integrate any sort of vehicle into the multiplayer without it requiring any kill streak. And what good are explosives if you can't do some real damage with them like blowing holes in walls or leveling buildings. This game is a waste of money. It lacks originality and can not compete with DICE's Frostbite 3. Battlefield 4 is the better buy. Expand
  83. Nov 7, 2013
    There is absolutely nothing new about this iteration in the series. The series has been regurgitating the same game every year, so it's no surprise. That said, what it does with the formula is not that bad. I believe it is a small amount stronger than its predecessor, but these feelings could easily be shot down if gun imbalance is truly found. Ghosts doesn't deserve a 1/10, but itThere is absolutely nothing new about this iteration in the series. The series has been regurgitating the same game every year, so it's no surprise. That said, what it does with the formula is not that bad. I believe it is a small amount stronger than its predecessor, but these feelings could easily be shot down if gun imbalance is truly found. Ghosts doesn't deserve a 1/10, but it certainly deserves a 2. Activision is a lame excuse for a game dev team. Expand
  84. Nov 8, 2013
    Jogo lixo, graficos de merda e uma das piores campanhas de cod q ja vi. Activison como sempre mercenaria e ja que tem muito ot@rio q compra essa merd@ eles continuam com a porc@ria de engine reciclada. BF owned geral!
  85. Nov 14, 2013
    The new Call of Duty's Multiplayer is definately worse than in Black Ops 2. CoD was always a series where the maps are small and there are a lot of kills, scorestreaks, all of that. In Ghosts the maps are too big, guns are OP and the minimap is too big and it does not always show enemies, it simply lags. The new grenade throwing system is awful it is situated in the middle of the screenThe new Call of Duty's Multiplayer is definately worse than in Black Ops 2. CoD was always a series where the maps are small and there are a lot of kills, scorestreaks, all of that. In Ghosts the maps are too big, guns are OP and the minimap is too big and it does not always show enemies, it simply lags. The new grenade throwing system is awful it is situated in the middle of the screen and you can't see anything besides it. Also, the scorestreaks are very awful the Juggernaut is too OP!!! The improved thing is the scorelist it is not in the middle of the screen, just in the top left corner. So the multiplayer is definately worse my score is 3. (I haven't played the campaign yet) Expand
  86. Nov 14, 2013
    Just like MW3 and Black Ops 2, this game is pretty much a DLC, ever since MW2 was released there's been no technical innovation in this franchise which should've died with Black Ops; You hear many fanboys who'd disagree with me and say 'There's new guns', that makes a difference how? To be honest, the FPS genre is slowly dying, the only games that are keeping it alive are Battlefield, andJust like MW3 and Black Ops 2, this game is pretty much a DLC, ever since MW2 was released there's been no technical innovation in this franchise which should've died with Black Ops; You hear many fanboys who'd disagree with me and say 'There's new guns', that makes a difference how? To be honest, the FPS genre is slowly dying, the only games that are keeping it alive are Battlefield, and the soon to be TITANFALL.

The only things that are running for the game is the multiplayer and this new version of zombies, except it's not zombies it's aliens... I'm sorry but this franchise doesn't deserve the hype it gets.
  87. Nov 15, 2013
    I actually created an account so I could review this so other people could avoid being as disappointed as I was. Before I begin the review I should mention that I've played every call of duty since 2 online, My favorites would be COD4 and the 1st black ops but I thought 2, WAW and (to a lesser extent MW2) were decent too. I know the vast majority of people only buy call of duty forI actually created an account so I could review this so other people could avoid being as disappointed as I was. Before I begin the review I should mention that I've played every call of duty since 2 online, My favorites would be COD4 and the 1st black ops but I thought 2, WAW and (to a lesser extent MW2) were decent too. I know the vast majority of people only buy call of duty for multiplayer so I'll start there. In my opinion the multiplayer is terrible, the spawns after dying are as bad as anything I've ever played. This will happen to you a lot... You'll get killed and almost immediately after dying you'll get killed again by spawning near an enemy, which when you consider the size of the maps is inexcusable... But by far my biggest complaint is the fact that it's a campers wet dream, The map design is awful and a lot of the time it's really hard to spot anybody. I like to run and gun but it's impossible in this game, I know they have to cater for all play styles but if you even attempt to go out in the open in this game you're dead before you can do anything about it... I think I'm a fairly decent call of duty player but the only way I could get any decent scores or build up killstreaks was to patrol a specific area, hide in a building with IEDs and shoot out of a window or door or to snipe using the same method... I personally don't consider that as being fun. Also you can't check the connections of the other players in the room you're in now when you bring up the scoreboard so you can't tell if it's a laggy room or not. There's no theater mode either which is disappointing as well. Considering this is a game being released on a console at the end of it's lifespan, the graphics are really disappointing too. Didn't play enough of squads to really be qualified to review it adequately but like I said previously most people just want to play straight up multiplayer with their friends so I think it's a pointless addition. For those that are interested, I did find the campaign quite enjoyable but it's pretty short, should take most players a couple of nights to finish it on normal. Extinction mode was ok but to be honest I would have preferred survival mode instead which is weird seeing as I really like zombies in the Treyarch games. To conclude ,I think this is a lazy addition to the call of duty series, the fact 3 developers (Infinity Ward, Neversoft and Raven) worked on it tells its own story. Expand
  88. Nov 27, 2013
    It's been said a lot about this just being another Call of Duty, and the simple truth it is, that it is. If you want the exact same experience you could go back to any other edition since Modern Warfare and you'd have this game. The story isn't particularly gripping, most of the cool additions that seemed really promising pop up for a mission and are gone. The story just isn't gripping orIt's been said a lot about this just being another Call of Duty, and the simple truth it is, that it is. If you want the exact same experience you could go back to any other edition since Modern Warfare and you'd have this game. The story isn't particularly gripping, most of the cool additions that seemed really promising pop up for a mission and are gone. The story just isn't gripping or interesting, and constantly feels like more of a task to get through then something you're happy to be doing. I personally don't feel a game's excitement level can be compared to doing the dishes.

Multi-player is also the same as ever, literally the same, same lag, same graphics, same usual game modes with a couple gimmicks to try and give you the illusion that this game is "fresh". They did include this year a create a character feature, which can basically be summed up with the rest of the game. It's barren, shows 0 creative insight, and in the end really just feels hollow. You pick between a tiny handful of heads which you can't edit even slightly, a hat, and your outfit. In contrast Tony Hawks Pro Skater II on the PS1 was more in depth with their creation features then this game.

If you're looking for progression, a clear show off creative effort, or something new and hooking. You won't find it here, it's just another rung in the ladder where Activison isn't even trying anymore.
  89. Dec 12, 2013
    Another year, another disappointing CoD game. Instead of fixing things, they made several worse. The main campaign was slightly interesting, but only due to controlling a dog and space combat (both being far too short). A lot of parts just felt re-hashed from previous games. The multiplayer was a HUGE letdown. For starters, the graphics are extremely unsettling and almost remind ofAnother year, another disappointing CoD game. Instead of fixing things, they made several worse. The main campaign was slightly interesting, but only due to controlling a dog and space combat (both being far too short). A lot of parts just felt re-hashed from previous games. The multiplayer was a HUGE letdown. For starters, the graphics are extremely unsettling and almost remind of Modern Warfare 2. At times, the pixelation of the environments got so bad that I couldn't even make people out over a distance. A few maps are far too Sniper Friendly, forcing you to lie in wait for the entire match, or simply run out to face the long distance execution squad. Rocket launchers have had their lock-on mechanisms completely removed, so at times you are completely at the mercy of an enemies chopper while your inaccurate rocket goes whizzing by them. Its only redeeming quality is Extinction mode. However, it requires more maps for in order to show its true potential. Don't pay $60 for this game! Expand
  90. Dec 16, 2013
    Fun game, campaign if pretty intense. Multi-player is multi-player. I've found most people that complain about the MP are simply just not very good at it. All the guns feel balanced, quick scoping (using the games built in auto-aim with a sniper rifle) has been changed enough that it doesn't feel cheap. I like that you can upgrade your guns how you want to with the new system. OverallFun game, campaign if pretty intense. Multi-player is multi-player. I've found most people that complain about the MP are simply just not very good at it. All the guns feel balanced, quick scoping (using the games built in auto-aim with a sniper rifle) has been changed enough that it doesn't feel cheap. I like that you can upgrade your guns how you want to with the new system. Overall good. There will be campers but hey its an MP game. There's gonna be campers no matter what. Only those who are bad at the game have I found hate the game. Expand
  91. Dec 22, 2013
    It was a waste of $60. I bought it on day one and beat it in under an hour, I've never beaten a COD game before, this was the first one and I think it was a complete rip off, I played multiplayer a bit, when you play local the graphics are like playing a PS2 Game, I look at the ground, its just low textures. I played online a bit too, I have great internet, yet I still kept gettingIt was a waste of $60. I bought it on day one and beat it in under an hour, I've never beaten a COD game before, this was the first one and I think it was a complete rip off, I played multiplayer a bit, when you play local the graphics are like playing a PS2 Game, I look at the ground, its just low textures. I played online a bit too, I have great internet, yet I still kept getting disconnected from COD Servers, I finally gave up on trying to play it and its still sitting in its packaging. Expand
  92. Feb 9, 2014
    Infinity Ward, do you know what this incredibly low user score means? It means, you need to make a better game, you can't just half-ass everything and expect everyone to buy it. I hope to god Sledgehammer and Treyarch doesn't make a **** game like this. Call of Duty is going to die if you don't work harder to compete with your competition (Battlefield, Titanfall, Destiny). If SH makes aInfinity Ward, do you know what this incredibly low user score means? It means, you need to make a better game, you can't just half-ass everything and expect everyone to buy it. I hope to god Sledgehammer and Treyarch doesn't make a **** game like this. Call of Duty is going to die if you don't work harder to compete with your competition (Battlefield, Titanfall, Destiny). If SH makes a bad Call of Duty this year, CoD and the huge community is going to die, slowly. You say this game didn't sell nearly as good as BO2 or MW3, you know why? Because all you advertised was FISH AI and A **** DOG.....seriously? Put some effort into your games. Call of duty (IW games in particular) has gone downhill from CoD 4. Call of Duty 4 was amazing, MW2 was really good, BO1 was good, MW3 was **** BO2 was good, this game is terrible. I'm a really big fan of CoD and FPS games, and I really hope you do something better next time, in 2016.

- Sky
  93. Jan 4, 2014
    Let me just say it bland. This game sucks. Only the COD fanboy could play this without realizing how bad it is. It's the same exact thing as the last ones, only worse. If you start to get shot, you die instantly, no time to get to cover. Levolution(map interactives) are completely useless, like they added it just so they could say they had it. Textures are the same as they were back inLet me just say it bland. This game sucks. Only the COD fanboy could play this without realizing how bad it is. It's the same exact thing as the last ones, only worse. If you start to get shot, you die instantly, no time to get to cover. Levolution(map interactives) are completely useless, like they added it just so they could say they had it. Textures are the same as they were back in MW1. Don't be fooled by the trailers, you barely get any selection to how your player looks. You have to do challenges to unlock new player uniforms, and the challenges are only available on certain days. This game is even worse for new players, when advanced players just run around screwing over everyone. 0/10 Expand
  94. Jan 12, 2014
    Good Lord i'm glad that i didn't bought the prestige edition !! I like all the other CoD really munch (except MW3) but this is really bad!! It's only fun to mess around with friends but everything Else is boring and dumb!
  95. May 6, 2014
    While the previous games in the series may have bought plenty of fun and entertainment to the player, over time each game's quality has degraded and degraded. Call Of Duty Ghosts is in my opinion the absolute low for the series, and I beg Activision to end it here, and not make their fans suffer by creating a turd even bigger than this one.
  96. Jun 1, 2014
    The create a class (Create a Soldier) system is the best class creation system in all of CoD, personally that I have seen so far. It's just so well put together that I personally like it more than BO2's class system. However, many aspects of the game are just plain horrible and they just make BO2 so much more better. For starters, 85-90% of the maps are oversized for the amount of playersThe create a class (Create a Soldier) system is the best class creation system in all of CoD, personally that I have seen so far. It's just so well put together that I personally like it more than BO2's class system. However, many aspects of the game are just plain horrible and they just make BO2 so much more better. For starters, 85-90% of the maps are oversized for the amount of players that are allowed. Stonehaven is a prime example, I always end up having to leave a game at least 4-5 times just to find a small map, which there are only 2 of without any DLC. The fact that IW (Infinity Ward) hyped up their fans for this crappy game neglects me buy/look at the new DLC's or even continue playing Ghosts. It just makes me feel like I'm getting my money milked. Don't let the franchise get to you. Save your money by not buying this game. Expand
  97. Aug 25, 2014
    One of the worst COD to date. Even though i did like the story and the guns the online play let me down. The gun wiggles around like its made of rubber and it glitches alot. Because of that this game gets 1/10
  98. Nov 6, 2013
    Disgusting! The new СOD even shooting made ​​terrible sense if strelaesh in sacks of potatoes. In no case do not buy it, or the gods of chaos will be punished you for such a coprophilia.
  99. Nov 11, 2013
    gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etugavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu gavno polnoe ne igrayte v etu huitu Expand
  100. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolute garbage. The game had me wanting to shoot myself. It's been the same gimmicks since the first Modern Warfare came out and it looks like nothing is ever going to change that,

1. Nov 18, 2013
    COD players, myself included, will still play Ghosts for the sake of having 20 or so new maps to play on over the course of the year, but in a franchise that’s the same year after year with slight changes, it’s reasonable to expect things to materially improve, not to take even a small step backwards.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    After loving the campaign in Black Ops 2, the single player in Ghosts feels like a step back for the series. The campaign felt tiresome, familiar, predictable and linear. The multiplayer on the other hand, saves the day as the tweaks to the gameplay and the new games modes make this the best multiplayer COD experience to date.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    It's a generally by-the-numbers excursion through big-budget wartime set pieces that, due to an unavoidable air of familiarity, wares out its welcome much quicker than it should.