2.6

1. Nov 5, 2013
    Not worth it i mean this is mostly the same game since MW3 i just thought that it would be a change for the franchise but no luck. Multiplayer is O.K maps are changed a few tweaks thats it i am starting to wonder why does activision bother taking this much time to make the game just bring out a old game. Campaign is horrible story is unfocused characters are just nothing to me and no baseNot worth it i mean this is mostly the same game since MW3 i just thought that it would be a change for the franchise but no luck. Multiplayer is O.K maps are changed a few tweaks thats it i am starting to wonder why does activision bother taking this much time to make the game just bring out a old game. Campaign is horrible story is unfocused characters are just nothing to me and no base to make this game and if you want to spend 60$ it should be on battlefield 4 or Assassins creed 4. For me Cod was dead after MW2 Expand
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach.This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach. It's like they sat down and thought "Hmmm, how can we refresh the slow mo breaches? I know! insteaad of a normal breach, we will have, and get this, are you ready for this? we will have a REVERSE breach!!! Genius!" Playing through is full of deja-vu, you feel like you have played every mission a million and one times over. There's a sneeky stealthy bit, a sniper bit, a bit where you try to escape while shooting from the back of a veichle etc etc etc, it's the same old thing. The graphics are also a step down from Black Ops 2. The multiplayer is the same as ever. I sat playing Modern Warfare 3 online over the weekend and, while playing COD Ghosts online i often forgot it was COD Ghosts, i thought i was playing Modern Warfare 3 still. It also feels odd without Captain Price and the SAS boys, i really miss them. When Ghosts was announced i got super excited thinking Ghost from the Modern Warfae would feauture in it, but sadly not. Instead they took the Ghosts theme, added a dog named Riley after Gaz and Ghost from the Modern Warfare series, reworked the story of Modern Warfare 2, then try to charge us £40 to £60 for it. Seriously, save your money. Expand
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    They used the same engine from Modern Warfare 3, and when compared to Xbox 360 graphics, it looks like dirt. Nothing new added to the franchise.

Singleplayer is short and really bad. It's also boring. Hey, atleast they added a dog. A reskinned and recoded dog from the other Call of Duties. For your information, that dog didn't brought anything new to the game. They copied pasted all

They copied pasted all the multiplayer stuff from Modern Warfare 3 and added little DLCs, and now they call that a new multiplayer experience. Multiplayer experience my a**.

Don't buy this game. Buy Modern Warfare 3 if you really want to play a modern Call of Duty game. Hey, atleast it's cheaper! I give this game a 0/10, good job Activision.
  4. Nov 5, 2013
    This isn't your first game Activision, the lag online is terrible, you never learn. Nothing new brought to the table, generic campaign, terrible online gaming experience.
  5. Nov 6, 2013
    Infinity Ward is no doubt resting on past successes. Since COD4, Treyarch's Black Op's series is the only one where there has been any effort to add to the formula. VERY short campaign, ridiculous levels in space that'll have Neil Degrasse Tyson on a rant for weeks, and a story that could have been considerably more fleshed out. The story is admittedly better than MW2 and MW3, but thoseInfinity Ward is no doubt resting on past successes. Since COD4, Treyarch's Black Op's series is the only one where there has been any effort to add to the formula. VERY short campaign, ridiculous levels in space that'll have Neil Degrasse Tyson on a rant for weeks, and a story that could have been considerably more fleshed out. The story is admittedly better than MW2 and MW3, but those two were absolutely terrible. If you were only interested in multiplayer that's fine. There is really nothing new. They basically copy and pasted Black Ops 2's multiplayer and added a facelift. In fact, there are noticeable deletions like the mode I play: Ground War. No ground war. Only 12 players. Save your money. Just play Black Ops 2. Expand
  6. Nov 8, 2013
    Its been a while since i have felt the need to write a review, but after getting this at midnight launch i had to comment. This game has nothing promised. The dog stuff? utter rubbish really. The story? lucky if it lasts u 5 hrs. the multiplayer? hacked from the first minute.

In particular as a multiplayer player first and foremost, I was very dissapointed. The maps are larger and multi leveled which is nice, but 6 on 6 feels empty and tends to involve a lot of camping. Its also ugly to look at, assuming its been lowered from next gen quality, BLOPS2 looks better.

AND THE HACKERS! omg so many hackers, hacks were out before release, and i had 1 fair game in 10 for the first few days. Its common to complain about hackers who are just skilled, but when you see players getting ten kill streaks on the other team when they have at most 3 or 4 a person, its complete utter crap.

This game is half baked, not even that, and the hacking community has ruined it for those who like to play it legit. Im back to playing BLOPS2 for now, and will probably trade this piece of in asap. Most dissapointing game since Company of Heroes 2
  7. Nov 20, 2013
    It technically is a video game, so it gets a 1. Besides that, the multiplayer is abysmal. It's either run, run, run, run, run, sniped. Or, spawn in someone's crosshairs. Unplayable dreck.
  8. Nov 9, 2013
    Ok, first off I am (or WAS) a COD fanboy. Bought every version since the great COD 4. Now the game started to get stale for me a couple of years back. I must be stupid because every year I fall for the marketing hype. I say I will never buy a COD game again unless they are different but strangely enough I end up buying it. Bought Ghosts about a week ago. I'm reviewing multiplayer hereOk, first off I am (or WAS) a COD fanboy. Bought every version since the great COD 4. Now the game started to get stale for me a couple of years back. I must be stupid because every year I fall for the marketing hype. I say I will never buy a COD game again unless they are different but strangely enough I end up buying it. Bought Ghosts about a week ago. I'm reviewing multiplayer here cause I couldn't even bring myself to play campaign and honestly who really buys COD for the campaign.

I tried to give it a go, I really did. But when I still had the Hardened Version of Black Ops 2 sitting in my drawer I didn't see the point. Despite what they say, the game is the same. Graphics mechanics etc. Yes they have thrown in a dog but this should be DLC and not a $100 game.

Now Im not going to scream DONT BUY THIS GAME!!! What you do with your money if your choice. Super mad COD fanboys and newcomers will probably still like the game and forgive its shortcomings, and think its great. However, those of you that have been playing COD since COD 4 will see this game for what it is, something that is just a rehash of last year, which was a rehash of the year before which was a rehash........
  9. Nov 9, 2013
    I was a huge fan of the series and bought it for my kid and me who play on both ps3 and xbox, both versions were absolute trash, I was a fan sense call of duty 4 and this is a disgrace to the series.
  10. Dec 6, 2013
    This is not a bad game, but it's not a great game.
    The GOOD
    -Multiplayer has the pick 10 system -Some new guns are really cool -Thermal is actually good -Sniping has been balanced for the good -Survival (not extinction) The BAD -Single player sucks (story sucks with a cliché ending) -Most maps are too big (but not all) -Extinction isn't that good -Squads -The squad point system
    This is not a bad game, but it's not a great game.
    The GOOD
    -Multiplayer has the pick 10 system
    -Some new guns are really cool
    -Thermal is actually good
    -Sniping has been balanced for the good
    -Survival (not extinction)
    The BAD
    -Single player sucks (story sucks with a cliché ending)
    -Most maps are too big (but not all)
    -Extinction isn't that good
    -Squads
    -The squad point system is terrible. (I was level 17 before I unlocked "custom class 4")
    -Integrated silencers for some guns (others will say that it is cool)
    -Dated graphics
    Overall, not a great game. I prefer black ops 2. The best thing in this game to me is sniping is awesome. The worst is that the core gameplay has not been changed even a little bit since MW1. Oh and the graphics are starting to get dated. COD needs a new engine fast.
  11. Dec 31, 2013
    This isn't really a review of the game, this is my story. Try to be patient, I'm still fragile and my doctor tells me it's good to talk about these things...

I feel robbed, I'm going to take this game back to the store and say it says "Corrupt disc" when I try to play it or something. It really is that bad! Let me illustrate it another way: I've suffered depression a handful of times in my life and the first thing I always notice when it begins is that get no enjoyment out of anything, even the things I usually really like. I sat for hours mechanically shooting my way through this game wondering if I might be slipping in to depression. I really felt that might be happening.

I've heard small children telling better stories than this game has. There also aren't any characters either. Seriously they're so boringly generic and colourless that I can't even remember what their faces look like. Captain Price was a character! You know I actually cried at the end of CoD4? So I turned Ghosts off and played through Red Dead Redemption. It was great, I actually grieved for a whole day at the end of it, I hardly realised how much it had gripped me until it ended. So then I wondered: what if I had outgrown the FPS genre? There's really not much story to FPS games generally, perhaps I just needed story? Perhaps I needed to start reading books and smoking a pipe? So I played CoD4 and loved it. I played CoD2 and could barely contain my joy. I played CoD and despite struggling to get it working because it's so old I was actually laughing until tears rolled down my cheeks because I was so relieved that I wasn't going to be depressed at all, I'd just played a really bad game.

That's my story, and it's better than the one in Ghosts.
  12. Nov 5, 2013
    Surely the makers of this 10th instalment in the main series understand that everyone is becoming quite blasé about the franchise. This latest game does little to nothing in improving on the series and affirms Infinity Ward's seemingly apathetic attitude towards improving game quality. CoD: Ghosts offers yet another bland campaign coupled with a mindless multi-player that somehow managesSurely the makers of this 10th instalment in the main series understand that everyone is becoming quite blasé about the franchise. This latest game does little to nothing in improving on the series and affirms Infinity Ward's seemingly apathetic attitude towards improving game quality. CoD: Ghosts offers yet another bland campaign coupled with a mindless multi-player that somehow manages to be even more basic. Little progress has been made in terms of graphics, furthermore. It seems that, for the sake of profit, re-skinning the same old things and releasing the game with a few trivial changes is really the tactic employed here. Where Treyarch fails in poor execution, Infinity Ward fails in lacking ambition... Expand
  13. Nov 5, 2013
    Yeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to haveYeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to have something so buggy coming out. Graphic and gameplay are worse than black ops. Its not a next gen game, its a failure of the industry. Expand
  14. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolute garbage. The game had me wanting to shoot myself. It's been the same gimmicks since the first Modern Warfare came out and it looks like nothing is ever going to change that,
  15. Nov 6, 2013
    The Single player is garbage!! Ghost and MW2 ending is the EXACT SAME!! Infinity ward is so Lazy! The Multiplayer is just....OHHH Myy Gawwd. The Map designs are just terrible. WASTE OF $60! CoD Ghost is just MW3 DLC No Joke!!
  16. Nov 6, 2013
    I GONNA SPEAK ABOUT MULTIPLAYER: Fu**king game modes,fu**ing repawn and fu**ing maps! How can we play the competitive with this maps?!? How can we play online with all that bushes,houses and corners so ideal for campers? And also the 1vs1...this is a "one shot game": you can't never fail,you can't never save your ass...boring fights. They tried to copy some points of BF4,but this is only aI GONNA SPEAK ABOUT MULTIPLAYER: Fu**king game modes,fu**ing repawn and fu**ing maps! How can we play the competitive with this maps?!? How can we play online with all that bushes,houses and corners so ideal for campers? And also the 1vs1...this is a "one shot game": you can't never fail,you can't never save your ass...boring fights. They tried to copy some points of BF4,but this is only a VERY BIG EPIC FAIL. PATHETIC GAME! Expand
  17. Nov 6, 2013
    Activision clearly thinks their customers are fools who will buy the game regardless of what they do. A next gen game using an 11 year old modified quake engine. So much for all the "we are building a new engine". Adding some poor lighting effects (google ghosts two suns lighting) and upping polygon count doesn't equal a new engine. Then there is the issue of one of the final scene fromActivision clearly thinks their customers are fools who will buy the game regardless of what they do. A next gen game using an 11 year old modified quake engine. So much for all the "we are building a new engine". Adding some poor lighting effects (google ghosts two suns lighting) and upping polygon count doesn't equal a new engine. Then there is the issue of one of the final scene from MW2 being recycled into the start of ghosts. Been playing since cod2 and cod4 is still the best. Not because of nostalgia (as Vonderhaar has claimed) but because the server lag was way less notable to the point that skill actually played a part. Expand
  18. Nov 7, 2013
    Jogo lixo que só trava, mapas para campers, gráfico horrível e pesado. Não pode ajustar o FOV e nem o ping. Trava até nos menus e meu PC top Core i7 4770k.
  19. Nov 6, 2013
    I've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say theI've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say the least. I found myself getting upset and bored accumulating just a few squad points each game only to find out that I still couldn't afford the outrageously priced perk, gun, attachments, kill-streak, additional weapon class, etc, that I was looking forward to. Among other frustrating details, all-in-all, this game might quickly be replaced by BF4. At least they have vehicles that get you back in the fight. Expand
  20. Nov 14, 2013
    Just another typical cod game.... Some simple boring singleplayer mode to have some excuse for a new installment, and the online mode is the same as always. They should just make an MMO and ditch the rest, but they won't cuz it kills the profit using another sh*t story as an excuse to launch a new game every year. Only reason to get this game is when you start feeling like the mw3 serversJust another typical cod game.... Some simple boring singleplayer mode to have some excuse for a new installment, and the online mode is the same as always. They should just make an MMO and ditch the rest, but they won't cuz it kills the profit using another sh*t story as an excuse to launch a new game every year. Only reason to get this game is when you start feeling like the mw3 servers are dying out.... Expand
  21. Nov 6, 2013
    The apparently new game engine is a massive joke it's updated from previous titles. I feel that current gen call of duty ghosts is so bad graphically. I truly think they did that on purpose so that would make the next gem version seem a whole lot better then it is. It's all smoke and mirrors here people. The fish AI doesn't even work like advertised. Lol
    But honestly they need to consider
    But honestly they need to consider rebooting the franchise if not I wouldn't be surprised if call of duty goes under. Truly a garbage of a game.
  22. Nov 5, 2013
    Simply shocking. A total mess. Nothing new for 4-5 years and if anything has regressed. Battlefield 4 do cod game modes i.e team deathmatch and domination much much better and that's not even the real battlefield.
  23. Nov 8, 2013
    Worse game ever pisses me off the maps suck all people do is hide theses maps are so Wack I'm moving to battlefield hope gameplay is better I swear I wasted my money on this stupid game never again done with call of duty
  24. Nov 6, 2013
    I enjoyed MW3, I loved Black ops 2, but I HATE ghosts. this is the game that has turned me off call of duty. The multiplayer is nothing short of atrocious. Huge, over the top complicated maps, poor graphics. 90% of the kills you get are by stumbling upon people and killing them from behind; and naturally most of your deaths and being killed from behind. Appalling game, I don't know if I'llI enjoyed MW3, I loved Black ops 2, but I HATE ghosts. this is the game that has turned me off call of duty. The multiplayer is nothing short of atrocious. Huge, over the top complicated maps, poor graphics. 90% of the kills you get are by stumbling upon people and killing them from behind; and naturally most of your deaths and being killed from behind. Appalling game, I don't know if I'll get another COD game again because of how much this one stunk. Horrible. Expand
  25. Nov 5, 2013
    Horrible, simply horrible, to much hype for this BO2 kicks this game's ass blindfolded
    Not worth the 60 bucks
    Don't buy this, go buy Batman Arkham Origins, BF4, AC4, GTA 5... there are many better games in the market right now and better to come
    Don't waste your money in this
  26. Nov 6, 2013
    badbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbad
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    I cant believe i just tried again cod and yes it is completely failed again. Really big disappointment in single story, no changes in multiplayer(mostly). Big shame to all cod series, every year infinity going down faster
  28. Nov 5, 2013
    I found the multiplayer game to be unenjoyable, almost unplayable. I wouldn't say its a step backwards, but more like fall down a long flight of stairs. World at war was a better game than this. I played the game for over 2 hours. The UI is very bad, nothing is intuitive about the player setup (guns, perks, ect) and the gameplay UI is distracting. In domination, while you're capturing aI found the multiplayer game to be unenjoyable, almost unplayable. I wouldn't say its a step backwards, but more like fall down a long flight of stairs. World at war was a better game than this. I played the game for over 2 hours. The UI is very bad, nothing is intuitive about the player setup (guns, perks, ect) and the gameplay UI is distracting. In domination, while you're capturing a flag the progress bar is in the center of the screen where your cross-hairs are, very poor design. I haven't played battlefield yet but I'll still to Black Ops 2 for now. Expand
  29. Nov 9, 2013
    It is now apparent just how terrible Call of Duty has become. Everything, and I mean everything is so bad about this game, from the weapons to the maps to the absolutely awful deaths you will see every single game. This is easily the most frustrating multiplayer game I've ever played. It is sad and pathetic just how much the Call of Duty series caters to noobs. Anyone known as a 'rager'It is now apparent just how terrible Call of Duty has become. Everything, and I mean everything is so bad about this game, from the weapons to the maps to the absolutely awful deaths you will see every single game. This is easily the most frustrating multiplayer game I've ever played. It is sad and pathetic just how much the Call of Duty series caters to noobs. Anyone known as a 'rager' and anyone that finds no fun in crouching in a corner or sitting on a rooftop all game waiting for someone to run by needs to stay away from this piss poor abomination of a game. It is hard to believe that infinity ward, the developers of COD 4 and mw2, has just pushed out this horrible turd of a video game. I recommend this game to newcomers to the series, douchers that run in packs of 3 and campers. People with real talent, you have been forgotten. Expand
  30. Nov 6, 2013
    i love being yelled at a bunch of rasist 12 year olds and buying the same game over with a 4 hour campaign. but in all fairness it has an ok pace to it.

1. Nov 18, 2013
    COD players, myself included, will still play Ghosts for the sake of having 20 or so new maps to play on over the course of the year, but in a franchise that’s the same year after year with slight changes, it’s reasonable to expect things to materially improve, not to take even a small step backwards.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    After loving the campaign in Black Ops 2, the single player in Ghosts feels like a step back for the series. The campaign felt tiresome, familiar, predictable and linear. The multiplayer on the other hand, saves the day as the tweaks to the gameplay and the new games modes make this the best multiplayer COD experience to date.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    It's a generally by-the-numbers excursion through big-budget wartime set pieces that, due to an unavoidable air of familiarity, wares out its welcome much quicker than it should.