2.4

1. Nov 5, 2013
    As one of the more ambitious Call of Duty titles, I expected a lot from this. The trailers, the demo, they made up room for something really big, something that would keep this milked franchise up and about, but no. It failed. Miserably.

Apparently, the only ace Call of Duty has against it's rival, Battlefield 4, is that it has a fairly decent campaign. It's fairly long, it has a handful of heartwrenching moments here and there, and the family dynamic is very present. The dog sections are also fun, obviously tearing someone's face apart has always been fun. Character development is also alright, I guess, and the voice actors are goddamn good. Stephen Lang, Brandon Routh, Kevin Gage, three very established Hollywood actors. They never failed for once. However, that doesn't really change the fact that the game lacks of innovation. That it's still the same rehashed game, with slightly improved graphics and, oh, a dog. The multiplayer is about the same, and the Levolution-like feature they decided to implement barely makes any difference. The size of the objects you could bring down in Battlefield 4 was huge, like skyscraper huge, while the only objects you can bring down in Call of Duty are a pile of logs, a lamp post, and a gas station.

Overall, Call of Duty is a half-decent game. However, I still suggest you don't get it immediately and wait until the price drops. If you're a FPS fan, save your money for Shadow Fall which is coming recently.
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    Not worth it i mean this is mostly the same game since MW3 i just thought that it would be a change for the franchise but no luck. Multiplayer is O.K maps are changed a few tweaks thats it i am starting to wonder why does activision bother taking this much time to make the game just bring out a old game. Campaign is horrible story is unfocused characters are just nothing to me and no baseNot worth it i mean this is mostly the same game since MW3 i just thought that it would be a change for the franchise but no luck. Multiplayer is O.K maps are changed a few tweaks thats it i am starting to wonder why does activision bother taking this much time to make the game just bring out a old game. Campaign is horrible story is unfocused characters are just nothing to me and no base to make this game and if you want to spend 60$ it should be on battlefield 4 or Assassins creed 4. For me Cod was dead after MW2 Expand
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach.This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach. It's like they sat down and thought "Hmmm, how can we refresh the slow mo breaches? I know! insteaad of a normal breach, we will have, and get this, are you ready for this? we will have a REVERSE breach!!! Genius!" Playing through is full of deja-vu, you feel like you have played every mission a million and one times over. There's a sneeky stealthy bit, a sniper bit, a bit where you try to escape while shooting from the back of a veichle etc etc etc, it's the same old thing. The graphics are also a step down from Black Ops 2. The multiplayer is the same as ever. I sat playing Modern Warfare 3 online over the weekend and, while playing COD Ghosts online i often forgot it was COD Ghosts, i thought i was playing Modern Warfare 3 still. It also feels odd without Captain Price and the SAS boys, i really miss them. When Ghosts was announced i got super excited thinking Ghost from the Modern Warfae would feauture in it, but sadly not. Instead they took the Ghosts theme, added a dog named Riley after Gaz and Ghost from the Modern Warfare series, reworked the story of Modern Warfare 2, then try to charge us £40 to £60 for it. Seriously, save your money. Expand
  4. Nov 5, 2013
    They used the same engine from Modern Warfare 3, and when compared to Xbox 360 graphics, it looks like dirt. Nothing new added to the franchise.

Singleplayer is short and really bad. It's also boring. Hey, atleast they added a dog. A reskinned and recoded dog from the other Call of Duties. For your information, that dog didn't brought anything new to the game. They copied pasted all

They copied pasted all the multiplayer stuff from Modern Warfare 3 and added little DLCs, and now they call that a new multiplayer experience. Multiplayer experience my a**.

Don't buy this game. Buy Modern Warfare 3 if you really want to play a modern Call of Duty game. Hey, atleast it's cheaper! I give this game a 0/10, good job Activision.
  5. Nov 5, 2013
    This isn't your first game Activision, the lag online is terrible, you never learn. Nothing new brought to the table, generic campaign, terrible online gaming experience.
  6. Aug 27, 2014
    By far the worse CoD. Usually i tend to love the same formula when it's a good one. This time around Infinity Ward created a bland and confusing campaign and the Online...
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    PRESENTATION: Well, as good as ever. If it was for the presentation i'll give my usual 9 to the CoD series. GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION. ONLINE: What is this?
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION.
    ONLINE: What is this? IW picked up the (great) idea of Treyarch pick 10 system and they managed to build a very confusing progression system. The maps were all pretty forgetable. Undoubtedly the worse online experience to the CoD series. And character selection? Drop it please!
    They better get i right the next time. I was expecting highly of Ghosts especially after the excellent BO2 but Infinity Ward f***** up this time.
  7. Dec 26, 2013
    Being a fan of Call of Duty myself, I had started playing around the time of Black Ops 2. However, I started with World at War and have been making my way up. After the great improvement in multiplayer from Black Ops 2, I was expecting Ghosts to bring great improvements to the series. However upon playing the multiplayer, I was torn between sides. Although I did appreciate the ability toBeing a fan of Call of Duty myself, I had started playing around the time of Black Ops 2. However, I started with World at War and have been making my way up. After the great improvement in multiplayer from Black Ops 2, I was expecting Ghosts to bring great improvements to the series. However upon playing the multiplayer, I was torn between sides. Although I did appreciate the ability to customize the characters, many things were odd to me. The largest sources being the small amount of killstreaks and the miniscule 6 man teams I did not realize until now how odd a match can feel with a few players. There were some things that I enjoyed though. I found the graphics to be a great improvement over Black Ops 2, and I did enjoy the much smoother player movements with the slide and easy lean out of cover. I played Battlefield 4 before this and I am glad to find a much easier leaning mechanic. I also found the campaign to be enjoyable up until the end. Warning the ending is open and most likely means there will be a Ghosts 2, and hopefully they improve these mistakes. I also have noticed a few bugs such a a friendly freezing in place with his arms stuck out like a hidden in Garry's Mod Prop Hunt, however it fixed itself quickly. Simply put.

Story: 7
    Presentation: 8
    Multiplayer: 5
    Co-op: 7
    Weapons: 8
    Total: 7
  8. Nov 11, 2013
    I would say this is a really under rated Cod, as most people are sick of it, and frankly i don't blame them. They need to change the formula mix it up iv thought that, for every cod since Black ops1. However in my opinion Cod Ghost is one of the best so far.. The story mode was really good, much better than some of the other cods. The MP is pretty much the same with a few new modes.

Id

Id say buy it, its fun, familiar, but yet i can see the effort that has been put in to this Call of Duty, and with everyone slating it, its not as bad as everyone's saying its a lot better. I would rate it 8.5.
  9. May 3, 2014
    I have waited for so long for that game and when i tried it i was so disappointed about it.There was a lot of good critics about it,so i wanted to buy it.The graphics of the guns are really ugly and the gold colour ew!The campaign is actually pretty good but the online play is just really weird ant the modes are not good at all.
  10. May 31, 2014
    The campaign is good
    But the multiplayer sometimes is really slow and tha maps are huge
    The mechanics of the game for me are good enough but the multiplayer is still without dedicated servers and with such powerful guns the connection can be devastating for the experience At last if its your first cod you will have fun but if you have been playing cod for a long time you will find out
    The campaign is good
    But the multiplayer sometimes is really slow and tha maps are huge
    At last if its your first cod you will have fun but if you have been playing cod for a long time you will find out soon enough that this the worst cod ever made
  11. Sep 6, 2014
    Well, lets get started on ghosts, The story sucked ass... Lets be honest, The graphics where better than black ops 2 but pretty damn crap considering when this game was made. The Multi-player was fun for an hour, the only fun thing I find doing on it is on local split screen, me and my friend verses 10 enemy bots, the max of bots you can have.
  12. Sep 5, 2014
    The game feel like a stepback from previous titles, because you really miss things like muting all players just my pressing SQUARE + X, camos for your all your secondary camos, including diamond camos and the new "3D moving" DLC camos Afterlife and Weaponized 115. The Campaign was O.K, but still felt like a stepback because of the different ending that Black Ops II had.

BO2 was a much

BO2 was a much better game in my opinion, there you felt like a badass soldier with rock music playing in the background and you just run around kicking ass. That's the Call of Duty people miss, Ghosts is slow and unfair, because when you have such a low TTK everything will rely on who's got the best connection. If you for example play a game in Europe together with a host from the US, you will have a very bad time playing.

Ghosts is playable, don't get me wrong, but it's much less noob-friendly than previous games so if you are between noob and above average you will have a hard time playing against pro players. If you are really, really good at COD, you might want to buy this, but still, I think you should wait until the price drops. This game isn't worth $59 at the moment.
  13. Nov 5, 2013
    Why can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. NowWhy can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. Now for the online review. Not much lag, which is nice but connecting to rooms has been an issue, as always. The game has more customizations available but honestly I could care less. The online play is the same old fast shooter loaded full of pre-pubescence kids trying to my mother while dropping the N word every other sentence. Its annoying. This game deserves a 5/10. Same different year. Goodbye COD. Expand
  14. Nov 6, 2013
    Infinity Ward is no doubt resting on past successes. Since COD4, Treyarch's Black Op's series is the only one where there has been any effort to add to the formula. VERY short campaign, ridiculous levels in space that'll have Neil Degrasse Tyson on a rant for weeks, and a story that could have been considerably more fleshed out. The story is admittedly better than MW2 and MW3, but thoseInfinity Ward is no doubt resting on past successes. Since COD4, Treyarch's Black Op's series is the only one where there has been any effort to add to the formula. VERY short campaign, ridiculous levels in space that'll have Neil Degrasse Tyson on a rant for weeks, and a story that could have been considerably more fleshed out. The story is admittedly better than MW2 and MW3, but those two were absolutely terrible. If you were only interested in multiplayer that's fine. There is really nothing new. They basically copy and pasted Black Ops 2's multiplayer and added a facelift. In fact, there are noticeable deletions like the mode I play: Ground War. No ground war. Only 12 players. Save your money. Just play Black Ops 2. Expand
  15. Nov 8, 2013
    Its been a while since i have felt the need to write a review, but after getting this at midnight launch i had to comment. This game has nothing promised. The dog stuff? utter rubbish really. The story? lucky if it lasts u 5 hrs. the multiplayer? hacked from the first minute.

In particular as a multiplayer player first and foremost, I was very dissapointed. The maps are larger and multi leveled which is nice, but 6 on 6 feels empty and tends to involve a lot of camping. Its also ugly to look at, assuming its been lowered from next gen quality, BLOPS2 looks better.

AND THE HACKERS! omg so many hackers, hacks were out before release, and i had 1 fair game in 10 for the first few days. Its common to complain about hackers who are just skilled, but when you see players getting ten kill streaks on the other team when they have at most 3 or 4 a person, its complete utter crap.

This game is half baked, not even that, and the hacking community has ruined it for those who like to play it legit. Im back to playing BLOPS2 for now, and will probably trade this piece of in asap. Most dissapointing game since Company of Heroes 2
  16. Nov 20, 2013
    It technically is a video game, so it gets a 1. Besides that, the multiplayer is abysmal. It's either run, run, run, run, run, sniped. Or, spawn in someone's crosshairs. Unplayable dreck.
  17. Nov 6, 2013
    Yet another Call of Duty, yet another zero. This is a series for braindead 13-years. Avoid at all costs this piece of garbage. Lalalalala-lalalala-lala-la
  18. Nov 9, 2013
    Ok, first off I am (or WAS) a COD fanboy. Bought every version since the great COD 4. Now the game started to get stale for me a couple of years back. I must be stupid because every year I fall for the marketing hype. I say I will never buy a COD game again unless they are different but strangely enough I end up buying it. Bought Ghosts about a week ago. I'm reviewing multiplayer hereOk, first off I am (or WAS) a COD fanboy. Bought every version since the great COD 4. Now the game started to get stale for me a couple of years back. I must be stupid because every year I fall for the marketing hype. I say I will never buy a COD game again unless they are different but strangely enough I end up buying it. Bought Ghosts about a week ago. I'm reviewing multiplayer here cause I couldn't even bring myself to play campaign and honestly who really buys COD for the campaign.

I tried to give it a go, I really did. But when I still had the Hardened Version of Black Ops 2 sitting in my drawer I didn't see the point. Despite what they say, the game is the same. Graphics mechanics etc. Yes they have thrown in a dog but this should be DLC and not a $100 game.

Now Im not going to scream DONT BUY THIS GAME!!! What you do with your money if your choice. Super mad COD fanboys and newcomers will probably still like the game and forgive its shortcomings, and think its great. However, those of you that have been playing COD since COD 4 will see this game for what it is, something that is just a rehash of last year, which was a rehash of the year before which was a rehash........
  19. Feb 2, 2014
    Ghost is Call of Duty's last leg. The campaign is very good and well executed. However, the multiplayer gets boring after a while and is nothing special. Any other game mode I didn't mention is also bad, starting with the fact that I can't even remember what it is called. Bad sign.
  20. Nov 20, 2013
    Wont say its a great game... single player experience was disappointing.. feels like the old modern warfare or black ops... extinction was good idea but only 1 map... gets bored soon... multiplayer is ok... but the spawns need to be fixed... is too chaotic... i like the new reward system though...
  21. Nov 9, 2013
    I was a huge fan of the series and bought it for my kid and me who play on both ps3 and xbox, both versions were absolute trash, I was a fan sense call of duty 4 and this is a disgrace to the series.
  22. Dec 6, 2013
    This is not a bad game, but it's not a great game.
    The GOOD
    -Multiplayer has the pick 10 system -Some new guns are really cool -Thermal is actually good -Sniping has been balanced for the good -Survival (not extinction) The BAD -Single player sucks (story sucks with a cliché ending) -Most maps are too big (but not all) -Extinction isn't that good -Squads -The squad point system
    This is not a bad game, but it's not a great game.
    The GOOD
    -Multiplayer has the pick 10 system
    -Some new guns are really cool
    -Thermal is actually good
    -Sniping has been balanced for the good
    -Survival (not extinction)
    The BAD
    -Single player sucks (story sucks with a cliché ending)
    -Most maps are too big (but not all)
    -Extinction isn't that good
    -Squads
    -The squad point system is terrible. (I was level 17 before I unlocked "custom class 4")
    -Integrated silencers for some guns (others will say that it is cool)
    -Dated graphics
    Overall, not a great game. I prefer black ops 2. The best thing in this game to me is sniping is awesome. The worst is that the core gameplay has not been changed even a little bit since MW1. Oh and the graphics are starting to get dated. COD needs a new engine fast.
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    Surely the makers of this 10th instalment in the main series understand that everyone is becoming quite blasé about the franchise. This latest game does little to nothing in improving on the series and affirms Infinity Ward's seemingly apathetic attitude towards improving game quality. CoD: Ghosts offers yet another bland campaign coupled with a mindless multi-player that somehow managesSurely the makers of this 10th instalment in the main series understand that everyone is becoming quite blasé about the franchise. This latest game does little to nothing in improving on the series and affirms Infinity Ward's seemingly apathetic attitude towards improving game quality. CoD: Ghosts offers yet another bland campaign coupled with a mindless multi-player that somehow manages to be even more basic. Little progress has been made in terms of graphics, furthermore. It seems that, for the sake of profit, re-skinning the same old things and releasing the game with a few trivial changes is really the tactic employed here. Where Treyarch fails in poor execution, Infinity Ward fails in lacking ambition... Expand
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    Yeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to haveYeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to have something so buggy coming out. Graphic and gameplay are worse than black ops. Its not a next gen game, its a failure of the industry. Expand
  25. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolute garbage. The game had me wanting to shoot myself. It's been the same gimmicks since the first Modern Warfare came out and it looks like nothing is ever going to change that,
  26. Nov 6, 2013
    The Single player is garbage!! Ghost and MW2 ending is the EXACT SAME!! Infinity ward is so Lazy! The Multiplayer is just....OHHH Myy Gawwd. The Map designs are just terrible. WASTE OF $60! CoD Ghost is just MW3 DLC No Joke!!
  27. Nov 6, 2013
    I GONNA SPEAK ABOUT MULTIPLAYER: Fu**king game modes,fu**ing repawn and fu**ing maps! How can we play the competitive with this maps?!? How can we play online with all that bushes,houses and corners so ideal for campers? And also the 1vs1...this is a "one shot game": you can't never fail,you can't never save your ass...boring fights. They tried to copy some points of BF4,but this is only aI GONNA SPEAK ABOUT MULTIPLAYER: Fu**king game modes,fu**ing repawn and fu**ing maps! How can we play the competitive with this maps?!? How can we play online with all that bushes,houses and corners so ideal for campers? And also the 1vs1...this is a "one shot game": you can't never fail,you can't never save your ass...boring fights. They tried to copy some points of BF4,but this is only a VERY BIG EPIC FAIL. PATHETIC GAME! Expand
  28. Nov 6, 2013
    Activision clearly thinks their customers are fools who will buy the game regardless of what they do. A next gen game using an 11 year old modified quake engine. So much for all the "we are building a new engine". Adding some poor lighting effects (google ghosts two suns lighting) and upping polygon count doesn't equal a new engine. Then there is the issue of one of the final scene fromActivision clearly thinks their customers are fools who will buy the game regardless of what they do. A next gen game using an 11 year old modified quake engine. So much for all the "we are building a new engine". Adding some poor lighting effects (google ghosts two suns lighting) and upping polygon count doesn't equal a new engine. Then there is the issue of one of the final scene from MW2 being recycled into the start of ghosts. Been playing since cod2 and cod4 is still the best. Not because of nostalgia (as Vonderhaar has claimed) but because the server lag was way less notable to the point that skill actually played a part. Expand
  29. Nov 7, 2013
    Jogo lixo que só trava, mapas para campers, gráfico horrível e pesado. Não pode ajustar o FOV e nem o ping. Trava até nos menus e meu PC top Core i7 4770k.
  30. Nov 6, 2013
    I've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say theI've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say the least. I found myself getting upset and bored accumulating just a few squad points each game only to find out that I still couldn't afford the outrageously priced perk, gun, attachments, kill-streak, additional weapon class, etc, that I was looking forward to. Among other frustrating details, all-in-all, this game might quickly be replaced by BF4. At least they have vehicles that get you back in the fight. Expand
  31. Nov 5, 2013
    I found the multiplayer game to be unenjoyable, almost unplayable. I wouldn't say its a step backwards, but more like fall down a long flight of stairs. World at war was a better game than this. I played the game for over 2 hours. The UI is very bad, nothing is intuitive about the player setup (guns, perks, ect) and the gameplay UI is distracting. In domination, while you're capturing aI found the multiplayer game to be unenjoyable, almost unplayable. I wouldn't say its a step backwards, but more like fall down a long flight of stairs. World at war was a better game than this. I played the game for over 2 hours. The UI is very bad, nothing is intuitive about the player setup (guns, perks, ect) and the gameplay UI is distracting. In domination, while you're capturing a flag the progress bar is in the center of the screen where your cross-hairs are, very poor design. I haven't played battlefield yet but I'll still to Black Ops 2 for now. Collapse

1. Nov 18, 2013
    COD players, myself included, will still play Ghosts for the sake of having 20 or so new maps to play on over the course of the year, but in a franchise that’s the same year after year with slight changes, it’s reasonable to expect things to materially improve, not to take even a small step backwards.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    After loving the campaign in Black Ops 2, the single player in Ghosts feels like a step back for the series. The campaign felt tiresome, familiar, predictable and linear. The multiplayer on the other hand, saves the day as the tweaks to the gameplay and the new games modes make this the best multiplayer COD experience to date.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    It's a generally by-the-numbers excursion through big-budget wartime set pieces that, due to an unavoidable air of familiarity, wares out its welcome much quicker than it should.