2.4

1. Nov 5, 2013
    As one of the more ambitious Call of Duty titles, I expected a lot from this. The trailers, the demo, they made up room for something really big, something that would keep this milked franchise up and about, but no. It failed. Miserably.

Apparently, the only ace Call of Duty has against it's rival, Battlefield 4, is that it has a fairly decent campaign. It's fairly long, it has a handful of heartwrenching moments here and there, and the family dynamic is very present. The dog sections are also fun, obviously tearing someone's face apart has always been fun. Character development is also alright, I guess, and the voice actors are goddamn good. Stephen Lang, Brandon Routh, Kevin Gage, three very established Hollywood actors. They never failed for once. However, that doesn't really change the fact that the game lacks of innovation. That it's still the same rehashed game, with slightly improved graphics and, oh, a dog. The multiplayer is about the same, and the Levolution-like feature they decided to implement barely makes any difference. The size of the objects you could bring down in Battlefield 4 was huge, like skyscraper huge, while the only objects you can bring down in Call of Duty are a pile of logs, a lamp post, and a gas station.

Overall, Call of Duty is a half-decent game. However, I still suggest you don't get it immediately and wait until the price drops. If you're a FPS fan, save your money for Shadow Fall which is coming recently.
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    Not worth it i mean this is mostly the same game since MW3 i just thought that it would be a change for the franchise but no luck. Multiplayer is O.K maps are changed a few tweaks thats it i am starting to wonder why does activision bother taking this much time to make the game just bring out a old game. Campaign is horrible story is unfocused characters are just nothing to me and no baseNot worth it i mean this is mostly the same game since MW3 i just thought that it would be a change for the franchise but no luck. Multiplayer is O.K maps are changed a few tweaks thats it i am starting to wonder why does activision bother taking this much time to make the game just bring out a old game. Campaign is horrible story is unfocused characters are just nothing to me and no base to make this game and if you want to spend 60$ it should be on battlefield 4 or Assassins creed 4. For me Cod was dead after MW2 Expand
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach.This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach. It's like they sat down and thought "Hmmm, how can we refresh the slow mo breaches? I know! insteaad of a normal breach, we will have, and get this, are you ready for this? we will have a REVERSE breach!!! Genius!" Playing through is full of deja-vu, you feel like you have played every mission a million and one times over. There's a sneeky stealthy bit, a sniper bit, a bit where you try to escape while shooting from the back of a veichle etc etc etc, it's the same old thing. The graphics are also a step down from Black Ops 2. The multiplayer is the same as ever. I sat playing Modern Warfare 3 online over the weekend and, while playing COD Ghosts online i often forgot it was COD Ghosts, i thought i was playing Modern Warfare 3 still. It also feels odd without Captain Price and the SAS boys, i really miss them. When Ghosts was announced i got super excited thinking Ghost from the Modern Warfae would feauture in it, but sadly not. Instead they took the Ghosts theme, added a dog named Riley after Gaz and Ghost from the Modern Warfare series, reworked the story of Modern Warfare 2, then try to charge us £40 to £60 for it. Seriously, save your money. Expand
  4. Nov 5, 2013
    They used the same engine from Modern Warfare 3, and when compared to Xbox 360 graphics, it looks like dirt. Nothing new added to the franchise.

Singleplayer is short and really bad. It's also boring. Hey, atleast they added a dog. A reskinned and recoded dog from the other Call of Duties. For your information, that dog didn't brought anything new to the game. They copied pasted all

They copied pasted all the multiplayer stuff from Modern Warfare 3 and added little DLCs, and now they call that a new multiplayer experience. Multiplayer experience my a**.

Don't buy this game. Buy Modern Warfare 3 if you really want to play a modern Call of Duty game. Hey, atleast it's cheaper! I give this game a 0/10, good job Activision.
  5. Nov 5, 2013
    This isn't your first game Activision, the lag online is terrible, you never learn. Nothing new brought to the table, generic campaign, terrible online gaming experience.
  6. Aug 27, 2014
    By far the worse CoD. Usually i tend to love the same formula when it's a good one. This time around Infinity Ward created a bland and confusing campaign and the Online...
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    PRESENTATION: Well, as good as ever. If it was for the presentation i'll give my usual 9 to the CoD series. GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION. ONLINE: What is this?
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION.
    ONLINE: What is this? IW picked up the (great) idea of Treyarch pick 10 system and they managed to build a very confusing progression system. The maps were all pretty forgetable. Undoubtedly the worse online experience to the CoD series. And character selection? Drop it please!
    They better get i right the next time. I was expecting highly of Ghosts especially after the excellent BO2 but Infinity Ward f***** up this time.
  7. Dec 26, 2013
    Being a fan of Call of Duty myself, I had started playing around the time of Black Ops 2. However, I started with World at War and have been making my way up. After the great improvement in multiplayer from Black Ops 2, I was expecting Ghosts to bring great improvements to the series. However upon playing the multiplayer, I was torn between sides. Although I did appreciate the ability toBeing a fan of Call of Duty myself, I had started playing around the time of Black Ops 2. However, I started with World at War and have been making my way up. After the great improvement in multiplayer from Black Ops 2, I was expecting Ghosts to bring great improvements to the series. However upon playing the multiplayer, I was torn between sides. Although I did appreciate the ability to customize the characters, many things were odd to me. The largest sources being the small amount of killstreaks and the miniscule 6 man teams I did not realize until now how odd a match can feel with a few players. There were some things that I enjoyed though. I found the graphics to be a great improvement over Black Ops 2, and I did enjoy the much smoother player movements with the slide and easy lean out of cover. I played Battlefield 4 before this and I am glad to find a much easier leaning mechanic. I also found the campaign to be enjoyable up until the end. Warning the ending is open and most likely means there will be a Ghosts 2, and hopefully they improve these mistakes. I also have noticed a few bugs such a a friendly freezing in place with his arms stuck out like a hidden in Garry's Mod Prop Hunt, however it fixed itself quickly. Simply put.

Story: 7
    Presentation: 8
    Multiplayer: 5
    Co-op: 7
    Weapons: 8
    Total: 7
  8. Nov 11, 2013
    I would say this is a really under rated Cod, as most people are sick of it, and frankly i don't blame them. They need to change the formula mix it up iv thought that, for every cod since Black ops1. However in my opinion Cod Ghost is one of the best so far.. The story mode was really good, much better than some of the other cods. The MP is pretty much the same with a few new modes.

Id

Id say buy it, its fun, familiar, but yet i can see the effort that has been put in to this Call of Duty, and with everyone slating it, its not as bad as everyone's saying its a lot better. I would rate it 8.5.
  9. May 3, 2014
    I have waited for so long for that game and when i tried it i was so disappointed about it.There was a lot of good critics about it,so i wanted to buy it.The graphics of the guns are really ugly and the gold colour ew!The campaign is actually pretty good but the online play is just really weird ant the modes are not good at all.
  10. May 31, 2014
    The campaign is good
    But the multiplayer sometimes is really slow and tha maps are huge
    The mechanics of the game for me are good enough but the multiplayer is still without dedicated servers and with such powerful guns the connection can be devastating for the experience At last if its your first cod you will have fun but if you have been playing cod for a long time you will find out
    The campaign is good
    But the multiplayer sometimes is really slow and tha maps are huge
    At last if its your first cod you will have fun but if you have been playing cod for a long time you will find out soon enough that this the worst cod ever made
  11. Sep 6, 2014
    Well, lets get started on ghosts, The story sucked ass... Lets be honest, The graphics where better than black ops 2 but pretty damn crap considering when this game was made. The Multi-player was fun for an hour, the only fun thing I find doing on it is on local split screen, me and my friend verses 10 enemy bots, the max of bots you can have.
  12. Sep 5, 2014
    The game feel like a stepback from previous titles, because you really miss things like muting all players just my pressing SQUARE + X, camos for your all your secondary camos, including diamond camos and the new "3D moving" DLC camos Afterlife and Weaponized 115. The Campaign was O.K, but still felt like a stepback because of the different ending that Black Ops II had.

BO2 was a much

BO2 was a much better game in my opinion, there you felt like a badass soldier with rock music playing in the background and you just run around kicking ass. That's the Call of Duty people miss, Ghosts is slow and unfair, because when you have such a low TTK everything will rely on who's got the best connection. If you for example play a game in Europe together with a host from the US, you will have a very bad time playing.

Ghosts is playable, don't get me wrong, but it's much less noob-friendly than previous games so if you are between noob and above average you will have a hard time playing against pro players. If you are really, really good at COD, you might want to buy this, but still, I think you should wait until the price drops. This game isn't worth $59 at the moment.
  13. Nov 5, 2013
    Why can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. NowWhy can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. Now for the online review. Not much lag, which is nice but connecting to rooms has been an issue, as always. The game has more customizations available but honestly I could care less. The online play is the same old fast shooter loaded full of pre-pubescence kids trying to my mother while dropping the N word every other sentence. Its annoying. This game deserves a 5/10. Same different year. Goodbye COD. Expand
  14. Nov 6, 2013
    Infinity Ward is no doubt resting on past successes. Since COD4, Treyarch's Black Op's series is the only one where there has been any effort to add to the formula. VERY short campaign, ridiculous levels in space that'll have Neil Degrasse Tyson on a rant for weeks, and a story that could have been considerably more fleshed out. The story is admittedly better than MW2 and MW3, but thoseInfinity Ward is no doubt resting on past successes. Since COD4, Treyarch's Black Op's series is the only one where there has been any effort to add to the formula. VERY short campaign, ridiculous levels in space that'll have Neil Degrasse Tyson on a rant for weeks, and a story that could have been considerably more fleshed out. The story is admittedly better than MW2 and MW3, but those two were absolutely terrible. If you were only interested in multiplayer that's fine. There is really nothing new. They basically copy and pasted Black Ops 2's multiplayer and added a facelift. In fact, there are noticeable deletions like the mode I play: Ground War. No ground war. Only 12 players. Save your money. Just play Black Ops 2. Expand
  15. Nov 8, 2013
    Its been a while since i have felt the need to write a review, but after getting this at midnight launch i had to comment. This game has nothing promised. The dog stuff? utter rubbish really. The story? lucky if it lasts u 5 hrs. the multiplayer? hacked from the first minute.

In particular as a multiplayer player first and foremost, I was very dissapointed. The maps are larger and multi leveled which is nice, but 6 on 6 feels empty and tends to involve a lot of camping. Its also ugly to look at, assuming its been lowered from next gen quality, BLOPS2 looks better.

AND THE HACKERS! omg so many hackers, hacks were out before release, and i had 1 fair game in 10 for the first few days. Its common to complain about hackers who are just skilled, but when you see players getting ten kill streaks on the other team when they have at most 3 or 4 a person, its complete utter crap.

This game is half baked, not even that, and the hacking community has ruined it for those who like to play it legit. Im back to playing BLOPS2 for now, and will probably trade this piece of in asap. Most dissapointing game since Company of Heroes 2
  16. Nov 20, 2013
    It technically is a video game, so it gets a 1. Besides that, the multiplayer is abysmal. It's either run, run, run, run, run, sniped. Or, spawn in someone's crosshairs. Unplayable dreck.
  17. Nov 6, 2013
    Yet another Call of Duty, yet another zero. This is a series for braindead 13-years. Avoid at all costs this piece of garbage. Lalalalala-lalalala-lala-la
  18. Nov 9, 2013
    Ok, first off I am (or WAS) a COD fanboy. Bought every version since the great COD 4. Now the game started to get stale for me a couple of years back. I must be stupid because every year I fall for the marketing hype. I say I will never buy a COD game again unless they are different but strangely enough I end up buying it. Bought Ghosts about a week ago. I'm reviewing multiplayer hereOk, first off I am (or WAS) a COD fanboy. Bought every version since the great COD 4. Now the game started to get stale for me a couple of years back. I must be stupid because every year I fall for the marketing hype. I say I will never buy a COD game again unless they are different but strangely enough I end up buying it. Bought Ghosts about a week ago. I'm reviewing multiplayer here cause I couldn't even bring myself to play campaign and honestly who really buys COD for the campaign.

I tried to give it a go, I really did. But when I still had the Hardened Version of Black Ops 2 sitting in my drawer I didn't see the point. Despite what they say, the game is the same. Graphics mechanics etc. Yes they have thrown in a dog but this should be DLC and not a $100 game.

Now Im not going to scream DONT BUY THIS GAME!!! What you do with your money if your choice. Super mad COD fanboys and newcomers will probably still like the game and forgive its shortcomings, and think its great. However, those of you that have been playing COD since COD 4 will see this game for what it is, something that is just a rehash of last year, which was a rehash of the year before which was a rehash........
  19. Feb 2, 2014
    Ghost is Call of Duty's last leg. The campaign is very good and well executed. However, the multiplayer gets boring after a while and is nothing special. Any other game mode I didn't mention is also bad, starting with the fact that I can't even remember what it is called. Bad sign.
  20. Nov 20, 2013
    Wont say its a great game... single player experience was disappointing.. feels like the old modern warfare or black ops... extinction was good idea but only 1 map... gets bored soon... multiplayer is ok... but the spawns need to be fixed... is too chaotic... i like the new reward system though...
  21. Nov 9, 2013
    I was a huge fan of the series and bought it for my kid and me who play on both ps3 and xbox, both versions were absolute trash, I was a fan sense call of duty 4 and this is a disgrace to the series.
  22. Dec 6, 2013
    This is not a bad game, but it's not a great game.
    The GOOD
    -Multiplayer has the pick 10 system -Some new guns are really cool -Thermal is actually good -Sniping has been balanced for the good -Survival (not extinction) The BAD -Single player sucks (story sucks with a cliché ending) -Most maps are too big (but not all) -Extinction isn't that good -Squads -The squad point system
    This is not a bad game, but it's not a great game.
    The GOOD
    -Multiplayer has the pick 10 system
    -Some new guns are really cool
    -Thermal is actually good
    -Sniping has been balanced for the good
    -Survival (not extinction)
    The BAD
    -Single player sucks (story sucks with a cliché ending)
    -Most maps are too big (but not all)
    -Extinction isn't that good
    -Squads
    -The squad point system is terrible. (I was level 17 before I unlocked "custom class 4")
    -Integrated silencers for some guns (others will say that it is cool)
    -Dated graphics
    Overall, not a great game. I prefer black ops 2. The best thing in this game to me is sniping is awesome. The worst is that the core gameplay has not been changed even a little bit since MW1. Oh and the graphics are starting to get dated. COD needs a new engine fast.
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    Surely the makers of this 10th instalment in the main series understand that everyone is becoming quite blasé about the franchise. This latest game does little to nothing in improving on the series and affirms Infinity Ward's seemingly apathetic attitude towards improving game quality. CoD: Ghosts offers yet another bland campaign coupled with a mindless multi-player that somehow managesSurely the makers of this 10th instalment in the main series understand that everyone is becoming quite blasé about the franchise. This latest game does little to nothing in improving on the series and affirms Infinity Ward's seemingly apathetic attitude towards improving game quality. CoD: Ghosts offers yet another bland campaign coupled with a mindless multi-player that somehow manages to be even more basic. Little progress has been made in terms of graphics, furthermore. It seems that, for the sake of profit, re-skinning the same old things and releasing the game with a few trivial changes is really the tactic employed here. Where Treyarch fails in poor execution, Infinity Ward fails in lacking ambition... Expand
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    Yeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to haveYeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to have something so buggy coming out. Graphic and gameplay are worse than black ops. Its not a next gen game, its a failure of the industry. Expand
  25. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolute garbage. The game had me wanting to shoot myself. It's been the same gimmicks since the first Modern Warfare came out and it looks like nothing is ever going to change that,
  26. Nov 6, 2013
    The Single player is garbage!! Ghost and MW2 ending is the EXACT SAME!! Infinity ward is so Lazy! The Multiplayer is just....OHHH Myy Gawwd. The Map designs are just terrible. WASTE OF $60! CoD Ghost is just MW3 DLC No Joke!!
  27. Nov 6, 2013
    I GONNA SPEAK ABOUT MULTIPLAYER: Fu**king game modes,fu**ing repawn and fu**ing maps! How can we play the competitive with this maps?!? How can we play online with all that bushes,houses and corners so ideal for campers? And also the 1vs1...this is a "one shot game": you can't never fail,you can't never save your ass...boring fights. They tried to copy some points of BF4,but this is only aI GONNA SPEAK ABOUT MULTIPLAYER: Fu**king game modes,fu**ing repawn and fu**ing maps! How can we play the competitive with this maps?!? How can we play online with all that bushes,houses and corners so ideal for campers? And also the 1vs1...this is a "one shot game": you can't never fail,you can't never save your ass...boring fights. They tried to copy some points of BF4,but this is only a VERY BIG EPIC FAIL. PATHETIC GAME! Expand
  28. Nov 6, 2013
    Activision clearly thinks their customers are fools who will buy the game regardless of what they do. A next gen game using an 11 year old modified quake engine. So much for all the "we are building a new engine". Adding some poor lighting effects (google ghosts two suns lighting) and upping polygon count doesn't equal a new engine. Then there is the issue of one of the final scene fromActivision clearly thinks their customers are fools who will buy the game regardless of what they do. A next gen game using an 11 year old modified quake engine. So much for all the "we are building a new engine". Adding some poor lighting effects (google ghosts two suns lighting) and upping polygon count doesn't equal a new engine. Then there is the issue of one of the final scene from MW2 being recycled into the start of ghosts. Been playing since cod2 and cod4 is still the best. Not because of nostalgia (as Vonderhaar has claimed) but because the server lag was way less notable to the point that skill actually played a part. Expand
  29. Nov 7, 2013
    Jogo lixo que só trava, mapas para campers, gráfico horrível e pesado. Não pode ajustar o FOV e nem o ping. Trava até nos menus e meu PC top Core i7 4770k.
  30. Nov 6, 2013
    I've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say theI've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say the least. I found myself getting upset and bored accumulating just a few squad points each game only to find out that I still couldn't afford the outrageously priced perk, gun, attachments, kill-streak, additional weapon class, etc, that I was looking forward to. Among other frustrating details, all-in-all, this game might quickly be replaced by BF4. At least they have vehicles that get you back in the fight. Expand
  31. Nov 14, 2013
    Just another typical cod game.... Some simple boring singleplayer mode to have some excuse for a new installment, and the online mode is the same as always. They should just make an MMO and ditch the rest, but they won't cuz it kills the profit using another sh*t story as an excuse to launch a new game every year. Only reason to get this game is when you start feeling like the mw3 serversJust another typical cod game.... Some simple boring singleplayer mode to have some excuse for a new installment, and the online mode is the same as always. They should just make an MMO and ditch the rest, but they won't cuz it kills the profit using another sh*t story as an excuse to launch a new game every year. Only reason to get this game is when you start feeling like the mw3 servers are dying out.... Expand
  32. Nov 5, 2013
    The commercials for this game were way more exciting than the real thing. First, let me start off by saying that I did not get the opportunity to test the online multiplayer, I only experienced the offline multiplayer along with extinction and the campaign. I do realize most consumers purchase the series for the online and could not care less about the offline features, however, the onlineThe commercials for this game were way more exciting than the real thing. First, let me start off by saying that I did not get the opportunity to test the online multiplayer, I only experienced the offline multiplayer along with extinction and the campaign. I do realize most consumers purchase the series for the online and could not care less about the offline features, however, the online experience should not determine the fate of any game. If I could have just as much fun playing a 5 year old Call of Duty with my buddies online as I would this, then there isn't much new to compare.

For the offline features, three of my friends and I were immediately disappointed to find that offline co-op was limited to only two players. This came as a surprise, considering the four-person offline multiplayer and four-person zombies in 2012's Black Ops 2. Overall, the new class building system along with the create-a-character were nice additions, but it was a shame that four of us could not play at once. The inclusion of bots a la Black Ops were a nice addition, and the ability to have 12 total players was a nice improvement from the 10 total from Black Ops 2 offline. I just wish one more thing brought over from BO2 was the four person experience.

Like every other Infinity Ward Call of Duty, the campaign is convoluted and linear, My friends and I only played for about 2 hours into it, occasionally switching off upon deaths, and we unanimously agreed that the story was just not all that interesting. Granted again, no one really buys the COD games for the story, it's just a shame that it could not build upon the additions from last year's game.

Lastly, Extintion is perhaps the most ambitious (and 'new'!) feature in Call of Duty: Ghosts. However, if you're at all familiar with the 'Zombies' adventures from previous Treyarch titles, Extinction will not be nearly as fun or satisfying. The PS3 version feels gimped as a next-gen title, often looking muddier and chunkier than even Black Ops 2.

Not once does this game exceed my expectations; the story is just as linear and confusing as ever, Extinction is a creative yet failed attempt at succeeding 'Zombies', the offline multiplayer experience is terribly limited by the ability to only play with two players although the new changes in the class system are really a nice touch, and lastly the overall graphics and feel of the PS3 version feel heavy and less-than-stellar. I give this game a 5/10.
  33. Nov 6, 2013
    The apparently new game engine is a massive joke it's updated from previous titles. I feel that current gen call of duty ghosts is so bad graphically. I truly think they did that on purpose so that would make the next gem version seem a whole lot better then it is. It's all smoke and mirrors here people. The fish AI doesn't even work like advertised. Lol
    But honestly they need to consider
    But honestly they need to consider rebooting the franchise if not I wouldn't be surprised if call of duty goes under. Truly a garbage of a game.
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    Simply shocking. A total mess. Nothing new for 4-5 years and if anything has regressed. Battlefield 4 do cod game modes i.e team deathmatch and domination much much better and that's not even the real battlefield.
  35. Nov 8, 2013
    Worse game ever pisses me off the maps suck all people do is hide theses maps are so Wack I'm moving to battlefield hope gameplay is better I swear I wasted my money on this stupid game never again done with call of duty
  36. Nov 6, 2013
    I enjoyed MW3, I loved Black ops 2, but I HATE ghosts. this is the game that has turned me off call of duty. The multiplayer is nothing short of atrocious. Huge, over the top complicated maps, poor graphics. 90% of the kills you get are by stumbling upon people and killing them from behind; and naturally most of your deaths and being killed from behind. Appalling game, I don't know if I'llI enjoyed MW3, I loved Black ops 2, but I HATE ghosts. this is the game that has turned me off call of duty. The multiplayer is nothing short of atrocious. Huge, over the top complicated maps, poor graphics. 90% of the kills you get are by stumbling upon people and killing them from behind; and naturally most of your deaths and being killed from behind. Appalling game, I don't know if I'll get another COD game again because of how much this one stunk. Horrible. Expand
  37. Nov 5, 2013
    Horrible, simply horrible, to much hype for this BO2 kicks this game's ass blindfolded
    Not worth the 60 bucks
    Don't buy this, go buy Batman Arkham Origins, BF4, AC4, GTA 5... there are many better games in the market right now and better to come
    Don't waste your money in this
  38. Nov 6, 2013
    badbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbad
  39. Nov 5, 2013
    I cant believe i just tried again cod and yes it is completely failed again. Really big disappointment in single story, no changes in multiplayer(mostly). Big shame to all cod series, every year infinity going down faster
  40. Nov 5, 2013
    I found the multiplayer game to be unenjoyable, almost unplayable. I wouldn't say its a step backwards, but more like fall down a long flight of stairs. World at war was a better game than this. I played the game for over 2 hours. The UI is very bad, nothing is intuitive about the player setup (guns, perks, ect) and the gameplay UI is distracting. In domination, while you're capturing aI found the multiplayer game to be unenjoyable, almost unplayable. I wouldn't say its a step backwards, but more like fall down a long flight of stairs. World at war was a better game than this. I played the game for over 2 hours. The UI is very bad, nothing is intuitive about the player setup (guns, perks, ect) and the gameplay UI is distracting. In domination, while you're capturing a flag the progress bar is in the center of the screen where your cross-hairs are, very poor design. I haven't played battlefield yet but I'll still to Black Ops 2 for now. Expand
  41. Nov 9, 2013
    It is now apparent just how terrible Call of Duty has become. Everything, and I mean everything is so bad about this game, from the weapons to the maps to the absolutely awful deaths you will see every single game. This is easily the most frustrating multiplayer game I've ever played. It is sad and pathetic just how much the Call of Duty series caters to noobs. Anyone known as a 'rager'It is now apparent just how terrible Call of Duty has become. Everything, and I mean everything is so bad about this game, from the weapons to the maps to the absolutely awful deaths you will see every single game. This is easily the most frustrating multiplayer game I've ever played. It is sad and pathetic just how much the Call of Duty series caters to noobs. Anyone known as a 'rager' and anyone that finds no fun in crouching in a corner or sitting on a rooftop all game waiting for someone to run by needs to stay away from this piss poor abomination of a game. It is hard to believe that infinity ward, the developers of COD 4 and mw2, has just pushed out this horrible turd of a video game. I recommend this game to newcomers to the series, douchers that run in packs of 3 and campers. People with real talent, you have been forgotten. Expand
  42. Nov 6, 2013
    i love being yelled at a bunch of rasist 12 year olds and buying the same game over with a 4 hour campaign. but in all fairness it has an ok pace to it.
  43. Nov 7, 2013
    There is absolutely nothing new about this iteration in the series. The series has been regurgitating the same game every year, so it's no surprise. That said, what it does with the formula is not that bad. I believe it is a small amount stronger than its predecessor, but these feelings could easily be shot down if gun imbalance is truly found. Ghosts doesn't deserve a 1/10, but itThere is absolutely nothing new about this iteration in the series. The series has been regurgitating the same game every year, so it's no surprise. That said, what it does with the formula is not that bad. I believe it is a small amount stronger than its predecessor, but these feelings could easily be shot down if gun imbalance is truly found. Ghosts doesn't deserve a 1/10, but it certainly deserves a 2. Activision is a lame excuse for a game dev team. Expand
  44. Nov 7, 2013
    With the same engine as the last 5 installments in the series this game also offers the same banal drivel you would come to expect from this set-piece driven eplodaganza. Gameplay shows no discernible difference from the previous game and the single player campaign can easily be completed within 5 hours. The multplayer is the same mindless face shooting that the series prides itself on.
  45. Nov 12, 2013
    I usually dont give a game 0's, but infinity ward always seems to mess up, treyarch needs to be only one doing this game. I shall name the title of my review "Why the F". Why the F did infinity ward take out the dolphin dive and implement a half ass knee slide which helps at nothing in MP? now I have to press O twice to dive intro prone while capturing a flag. Why the F are half my kills,I usually dont give a game 0's, but infinity ward always seems to mess up, treyarch needs to be only one doing this game. I shall name the title of my review "Why the F". Why the F did infinity ward take out the dolphin dive and implement a half ass knee slide which helps at nothing in MP? now I have to press O twice to dive intro prone while capturing a flag. Why the F are half my kills, and half my deaths coming after I spawn right behind an enemy or an enemy spawns behind me? Why the F did you guys make generally larger maps and not include ground war? Why the F is there no party games? Why the F do the playlist seems so much little compared to BOPS2? Why the F did I spawn directly behind the B flag in domination. Why the F are the perks so confusing compared to BOPS2? Why the F are there support and assualt killstreaks? Why the F do the assault rifle shoots and looks like SMGS? Why the F did the spy plane go? What the F is the point of complicating things with a sat com? Why the F do people camp so much in such large maps? Why the F does it seem like it takes more bullets to kill a dog than a human? Why the F do all the assault rifle seem to be no different than another in terms of recoil and damage? Why the F is the point of implmenting looking around the corner when NO one uses it. What the F is squad points, why cant i rank up and get new items? Why the F did you think customizing soldiers look option is better than improving gameplay? Why the F do I die so fast? This MP is garbage, of course I did'nt play the campaign, but who the F cares about a repititve fps MP based story mode. Expand
  46. Nov 6, 2013
    Disgusting! The new СOD even shooting made ​​terrible sense if strelaesh in sacks of potatoes. In no case do not buy it, or the gods of chaos will be punished you for such a coprophilia.
  47. Nov 6, 2013
    Seriously Activision? Grow up. There is no way you can keep selling the same game over and over. You already milked this franchise enough. Now send it to the butcher.
  48. Nov 17, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts was a huge disappointment. The multiplayer is the same with a few tweaks, the Squads mode is fun but it gets boring after a while. The campaign is okay, their are some good parts like when you play as the dog Ryley and the ending is great, but the rest of the game feels rushed and boring. The Extinction mode really surprised me, it is the best thing about this game, inCall of Duty: Ghosts was a huge disappointment. The multiplayer is the same with a few tweaks, the Squads mode is fun but it gets boring after a while. The campaign is okay, their are some good parts like when you play as the dog Ryley and the ending is great, but the rest of the game feels rushed and boring. The Extinction mode really surprised me, it is the best thing about this game, in my opinion it is better than the zombies mode in the Treyarch games. The thing that really bothered me about this game is that the graphics dont even look improved, even Black Ops 2 looks better than this game, it looks the same as Modern Warfare 3 and that game came out in 2011. I wouldint recommend buying this game at full price, but if you do buy it on the Playstation 4 or Xbox One. Overall Score 68/100 Expand
  49. Nov 6, 2013
    Analizemos un momento....Pobre online mode no hay mejoras en los gráficos....no hay nada de innovación al respecto...el modo historia ya como muchos han comentado..es una porquería (demasiado predecible y monótono para mí al menos)... es prácticamente escribirle "Ghosts" en vez de "ModerWarfare 3" y lanzarlo como nuevo juego se esperaba mucho más de esta nueva entrega en sí no es sinoAnalizemos un momento....Pobre online mode no hay mejoras en los gráficos....no hay nada de innovación al respecto...el modo historia ya como muchos han comentado..es una porquería (demasiado predecible y monótono para mí al menos)... es prácticamente escribirle "Ghosts" en vez de "ModerWarfare 3" y lanzarlo como nuevo juego se esperaba mucho más de esta nueva entrega en sí no es sino más de lo mismo... ¿Un consejo?...NO LO COMPRES PD:Transale this text if you don't understand what i say... Expand
  50. Nov 7, 2013
    It's so hard to truly express my disappointment in this game, and the overwhelming failure of the development team in words. So why don't I start by blowing your mind with the game's features (or lack thereof):

Playercards You might expect that Ghosts would contain a sleek and stylish new section for showing off your stats, or maybe the stats of your "soldiers" with it's new overly complicated class creation system. Maybe it would bring back all the favorite playercard features, such as the heat map, individual gun and equipment stats, or a breakdown of recent games, etc but no. What do you get? Nothing. No playercard. No stats page aside from leaderboards that have already been tanked by hackers. Yes, hackers. Hackers without playercards.

Saved Replays You might expect that the standard of awesomeness CoD has set for being able to save your games as replays, edit them, change camera angles, plus the newly introduced live-streaming features and YouTube uploading would all be here. Maybe some more features such as cooperative replay navigation and editing when you're in a lobby with your friends? Yeah that would have been cool. But you don't get that. You get nothing. No saved replays. So, nothing. No bragging rights. No showing your friends that quad rocket kill or your 30-0 FFA match using only a knife. Nothing.

Scorecard You know, the old thing where you press select and it brings up what's going on in the game (kills, deaths, assists, captures, etc) as well as your latency. It's where you get to mute people. Well they've managed to remove features from this series standard as well. The only plus is that you can have the scorecard in the upper right of the screen only having it slightly hinder your view while you play. But the price for that is (appearantly) a complete inability to mute individual players. The only options you have for muting must be made in the options menu during the game, and those selections include "Mute All", "Mute All Except Friends", and "Unmute All". It's a train-wreck. Oh, and also they don't want you seeing your latency/connection quality anymore either. So that's gone.

So, moving on from that barrage of pathetic, confounding, absolutely inexcusable garbage that is all the features this game DOESN'T have, lets talk about other things. Like the maps.

In the last few games, the fans of CoD have shown that is true that we love smaller maps. Once the games are in full swing, Nuketown and Terminal are really all anyone wants. Now I'm not saying that all maps should be that small, but in Ghosts, all maps are friggin' HUGE. All of them. And the spawns, are, terrible. You will be shot immediately. You will be shot by the person who just spawned on top of you. You will be killed by campers constantly, because the maps are too big. All of the things that plagued the early shooters of the gaming industry are back in full swing here, as if the developer literally decided to hit the reset you know what, I promised myself I wouldn't fall down the rabbit hole of speculation as to why this game is such filth, and I'm sticking to it. Moving on classes, perks, guns, etc....

You know how in the last few games, you get some classes, then you get to unlock more, and weapons and perks basically unlock over time in combination with spending points/cash in some cases? Well, that's way too noobish for you now. In Ghosts (as one of the only things that was actually added to instead of taken from) you must traverse an oubliette of soldiers and sub-classes and sub-menus and operations that will leave you feeling like you just balanced a checkbook instead of set up a class. On an arguable upside, you basically get access to everything very early, but not really because you have to split your time between training different soldiers to unlock equipment for each. But I guess it's cool because you don't prestige anymore. Oh wait, you liked that. Oh well I was wrong, for all the over complicated confusion they added in this facet of the game, they actually managed to take from you here too.

So, bottom line: No replays, no playercard, no muting individual players, no prestiege, no fast paced maps, no fun, no explanation. Oh, and the best guns are the ones you're given by default. And most of the guns suck. So yeah, this game is just a tragic disappointment that leaves me wondering if it's not literally MEANT to burn you out completely on the series for some unknown reason. I'm lost, I just know that I've never wanted my money back more on a video game since I bought "Sewer Shark" for the Sega-CD. What a terrible crying shame. Hopefully people will get fired over the garbage that is CoD: Ghosts. If not, I feel for the industry. That is all.
  51. Nov 7, 2013
    YAWN!

Same turd ever so slightly different toilet. Save yourself the money and just play black ops 2 again. You wouldn't notice the difference. Annoyed with myself that I got suckered into buying this again.
  52. Nov 7, 2013
    Once again, we have a COD game that is the same of a previous installment. There is no improvement with the graphics at all. Producers brag about how fast the frames per second are, but what good is it when the results are terrible graphics. All the death animations are the same, but what's new. And of course, they have failed to integrate any sort of vehicle into the multiplayerOnce again, we have a COD game that is the same of a previous installment. There is no improvement with the graphics at all. Producers brag about how fast the frames per second are, but what good is it when the results are terrible graphics. All the death animations are the same, but what's new. And of course, they have failed to integrate any sort of vehicle into the multiplayer without it requiring any kill streak. And what good are explosives if you can't do some real damage with them like blowing holes in walls or leveling buildings. This game is a waste of money. It lacks originality and can not compete with DICE's Frostbite 3. Battlefield 4 is the better buy. Expand
  53. Dec 16, 2013
    In my opinion, the best CoD ever is MW2, but after 3 years of hearing people complaining about the repetitive factor of the game (reach the highest prestige and it's over), Infinity Ward has tried something completely new.

The games conform a shooter saga, and very little change can be done if you want to keep the essence of the Call of Duty spirit. This game has brought lots of good points and I think the only bad point is that some maps are a little bit strange, and lots of people just sit on a place and camp all the match.

Okay, sometimes the game feels laggy, but just SOMETIMES. I hate this trend about hating every single game that doesn't match all the expectations, It's a game and it should be used to enjoy playing with it, and in my opinion is much better than previous games such as Black Ops 1.

Apart from the multiplayer aspect, I don't have to much to say about the campaign mode... In every single game since MW1, the multiplayer face of the game has gained much more importance than the campaign mode, so it is okay, but developers of the game doesn't really focus on that.

And finally the addition of the Extinction Mode is very accurate; it takes the basics from the Zombie mode from Black Ops, but making it completely different and very addictive. Is obviously not as developed as the Treyarch one, but is very fun to play, and it really has an objective to be completed.

My score is going to be 9 just because some little issues that have to be fixed such as the lag sometimes; apart from that, a very nice game
  54. Nov 9, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty. This time Infinity Ward is up to bat, and they take more than a few pages from the Treyarch handbook. A new four-player co-op mode with a crazy theme, a pick ten and currency system for multiplayer, and a campaign that has characters and a story that you can (mostly) follow. All of this sounds great, and this is truly the most ambitious Call of Duty toAnother year, another Call of Duty. This time Infinity Ward is up to bat, and they take more than a few pages from the Treyarch handbook. A new four-player co-op mode with a crazy theme, a pick ten and currency system for multiplayer, and a campaign that has characters and a story that you can (mostly) follow. All of this sounds great, and this is truly the most ambitious Call of Duty to come from Infinity Ward, but somewhere along the way they botched everything making this the worst COD since Modern Warfare 2.

The campaign just plain sucks. It's got a great story even if it can get a bit muddled at times, and the characters are fantastic. I truly came to care about Logan and Hesh and despised the main antagonist. However everything falls short from a gameplay perspective. Firefights are tedious, some sections just feel like they are on rails, and level design can be horrendous. All of this makes for a campaign that's just no fun to play, which is disappointing considering how good it all sounded when I heard about it. But no one buys COD for the campaign, they buy it for the multiplayer, which unfortunately fall short as well.

It's clear that Infinity Ward did at least try to add some changes to the established multiplayer formula. They did it by borrowing the currency and pick 10 system from the two Black Ops games and adding their own twists. These additions don't save the game, but they end up being better than nothing. they also added larger maps, which somehow end up managing to be too large for their own good. Thanks to the increased size of the maps there are long stretches that you'll spend looking for someone to kill, rather than actually killing someone. It also makes death feel a little cheap when someone kills you not by skill, but simply because they were lucky enough to stumble up on you before you could stumble up on them. Some new modes are added but they end up being throwaway and you'll most likely stick with the regular established modes. All in all multiplayer still provides some minor thrills at times, but all these new changes end up hurting the experience rather than helping it.

The games new attention on co-op modes is great, outside of the lame "Squads" mode that is really only worth playing if you're new to COD multiplayer. Where Infinity Ward manages to strike gold is with it's new "Extinction" mode. This new four-player cooperative mode takes notes from Treyarch's popular zombies mode and has you fighting waves of aliens while completing various objectives. It's the best part of the game and you can spend hours playing it with friends.

In the end though one good mode can't save the overall package. It can be tedious to play at times, and the new changes can't shake the feeling of deja vu and end up hurting the overall experience. The campaign is dull and tedious. The multiplayer is is dated and the dog killstreak is overpowered. The cooperative mode is good but can't save the game. This is a huge disappointment and feels like a step back for a series that needs to move forward in order to keep fans. It really is the worst COD in years.
  55. Nov 11, 2013
    You only have to look at my reviews for Call of Duty games to know I'm not a huge fan of them (besides 4...that was awesome) but Ghosts knew what it wanted to be, it knew how best to do it and it delivered the best Call of Duty since 4 much to my surprise.
    You play as Logan Walker, brother to 'Hesh' Walker and son to Elias Walker, the year is 2033 and after the destruction of the Middle East by nuclear war South America is the most oil rich country in the world. With this new-found power South America forms 'The Federation', a military power that begins to invade other countries in an attempt to run the world. With the U.S still holding on by a thread the Walkers brothers join a special tactics force known as the 'Ghosts' headed by their father Elias.
    Their job is to find an ex-Ghost named Rorke and stop him from utilising orbital weapons against the U.S in hope that it will help end the war.
    Ghosts continues the trend of CoD games by funnelling you through some visually impressive (yet not stunning) environments on a adrenaline roller-coaster ride of set pieces and tight gunplay. Ghosts can proudly say it has some of the best levels and set pieces in the franchise with a particularly stand-out final level that had my heart racing till the last second.
    The multiplayer uses a similar system to Black Ops 2, however it has been vastly tweaked and refined to provide the best and most balanced Call of Duty multiplayer to date with some equally awesome maps and game modes.
    Ghosts isn't without its problems, its repetitive, its still running on the MW2 engine (an upgraded version of the CoD4 engine), its a little cliche at times but as a whole package its the best Call of Duty in years and worth a go if its within your price range.
    Ignore the obviously sabotaged score, after reading the reviews myself, being someone who had the game disappointed me would have scored it that low myself, I can well and truly say they have not played the game and are judging the series based on its past failures.
    To say how much a previous Call of Duty hater enjoyed this game, I will without a doubt be pre-ordering Ghosts 2 in a couple of years time.
  56. Dec 26, 2013
    Dogs. Everyone who has played this game knows that the dogs are overpowered as Only a five killstreak. A retarded bat could play this and get the dogs. That is all I have to say.
  57. Dec 30, 2013
    Disclaimer Score based entirely off the Multiplayer, as it's all I've played.

I like the CoD franchise, it's always been a silly, entertaining multiplayer experience, yet Ghosts is one of the worst CoDs yet. The multiplayer is not very good. The maps are dull, the lag is unbearable, the squad points system is bulls**t, and the Gen-engine is unnoticeable, if it IS even there. The
    Disclaimer Score based entirely off the Multiplayer, as it's all I've played.

The multiplayer is not very good. The maps are dull, the lag is unbearable, the squad points system is bulls**t, and the Gen-engine is unnoticeable, if it IS even there. The people with mics are very annoying, mostly the adults, and the gun-balance is... interesting. The game is full of campers, and the bloody dog is insanely OP. Anything I missed out?

The small amount of extinction I played, while unimpressive, was surprisingly enjoyable, however I played quite a small amount of it with a friend (same with squads) so I can't really add or subtract points for that.

Overall the game is an unimpressive CoD. Avoid, and go pick up BO2, it was far more entertaining.
  58. Jan 31, 2014
    Look at the User Score. Thats what counts. You see it? Its as dark as the blood gets from the blood you spilled from your opponents in this game... Just don't get it. Look at other reviews. You'll understand. $60 isn't a right price. People who play this are children. Wait... Why am I in this section if I'm a PC Gamer?!?! Well heck with it I made it this far. Black Ops 2+Dog=Ghosts
  59. Nov 10, 2013
    from a disappointing single player, to completely unbalanced multiplayer, to the barely passable extinction mode, in which you fight aliens while trying to destroy hives the newest call of duty is utterly inferior to black ops 2.
  60. Nov 8, 2013
    As a long time Call of Duty player, I am disappointed in this release. Despite being marketed for next gen systems, there is little that has actually been improved. Black Ops II remains my favorite in the series, and I'm more likely to purchase Treyarch Call of Duty games from this point on, versus Infinity Ward.
  61. Nov 9, 2013
    Honestly everyone giving this game a zero doesn't know what their saying, there are plenty of games worse than this. Sure it's the same CoD but at least it's more ambitious then their previous games, and if your into shooters this is a fun game that you can sink hours into its fast paced multiplayer.
  62. Nov 9, 2013
    I can't see anything innovated or improved here. Ghosts is a disgustingly bad game, with a familiar and unchanged gameplay. The multiplayer feels the same as MW3's one, with horrible graphics (especially in co-op: it's a pain to play co-op in this mess). I mean, what do Activition want to add? Some very minor additions such as sliding, new maps and killstreaks? The whole "destructibility"I can't see anything innovated or improved here. Ghosts is a disgustingly bad game, with a familiar and unchanged gameplay. The multiplayer feels the same as MW3's one, with horrible graphics (especially in co-op: it's a pain to play co-op in this mess). I mean, what do Activition want to add? Some very minor additions such as sliding, new maps and killstreaks? The whole "destructibility" is pointless and is just there to say that it's a next-gen game. I can't even call it "destructibility, because it does nothing to the map, unlike Battlefield 4. The Extinction is just a copy of Left 4 Dead, without having original ideas. And last, but not least, the singleplayer is awful. I'm officially done with COD. (Final Score: 4.27) Collapse
  63. Nov 9, 2013
    Campaign- Generic Story, Terrible voice acting, Awful dialogue and took me 4 hours to beat.

Squads- Nothing innovative here, it's essentially combat training with smarter AI. Extinction- Actually had fun for a while but it got old fast. It's no zombies. Multiplayer- Easily the worst in the series. The map design in this game is awful but don't get me wrong, there are some maps I

Extinction- Actually had fun for a while but it got old fast. It's no zombies.

Multiplayer- Easily the worst in the series. The map design in this game is awful but don't get me wrong, there are some maps I like. You have no time to react when shot, you die VERY quickly. S&D, CTF and Hardpoint are gone for whatever reason and those were the only game modes I found enjoyable.

Infinity Ward doesn't care about their fans, that's why they release the same game over and over. I'll stick with the Treyarch CoDs', they actually innovate and try new things.
  64. Nov 9, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a hilarious comedy video game.

Call of Duty: Ghosts is a hilarious comedy video game.

What Activation have done this time around is taken the original Modern Warfare and tinkered with it a little (as per usual), wonderful. BUT, on top of that beautiful masterpiece, this time they have also included a fabulous dog called Riley into the campaign. Unfortunately Riley is quite a heavy eater, allegedly consuming an extra 32GB of your precious hard drive space and a beefy 5.5GB of extra RAM over Call of Duty 4.

As per all recent games in the franchise the campaign is action packed, totally over the top and making no sense what so ever, just run and shoot and you will do fine... That being said I did somewhat enjoy the campaign. Unfortunately after those short six hours of fun that's where things stop being slightly entertaining. Multiplayer is the exact same as usual, an absolute hell-hole.

Now the one good thing about this game is that it keeps all the immature teeny boppers away from other games, kudos Activision.

I think I will purchase an extra copy of Battlefield 4 just to do some justice to this terrible game.

Recommended hardware specifications according to Steam:
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 8 GB HD space, 512MB RAM.
    Call of Duty: Ghosts 40 GB HD space, 6 GB RAM.
  65. Nov 14, 2013
    The new Call of Duty's Multiplayer is definately worse than in Black Ops 2. CoD was always a series where the maps are small and there are a lot of kills, scorestreaks, all of that. In Ghosts the maps are too big, guns are OP and the minimap is too big and it does not always show enemies, it simply lags. The new grenade throwing system is awful it is situated in the middle of the screenThe new Call of Duty's Multiplayer is definately worse than in Black Ops 2. CoD was always a series where the maps are small and there are a lot of kills, scorestreaks, all of that. In Ghosts the maps are too big, guns are OP and the minimap is too big and it does not always show enemies, it simply lags. The new grenade throwing system is awful it is situated in the middle of the screen and you can't see anything besides it. Also, the scorestreaks are very awful the Juggernaut is too OP!!! The improved thing is the scorelist it is not in the middle of the screen, just in the top left corner. So the multiplayer is definately worse my score is 3. (I haven't played the campaign yet) Expand
  66. Feb 17, 2014
    The absolutely worst game i've tried. Modern Warfare 2 is the greatest game in the cod series, which I would have given about 9.5 in rating, but this? This game is nothing more than a cheap bad copy of the other games, the cod series should've just quit on MW3, after that, the game quality have just gone down, down and down.
  67. Nov 14, 2013
    I've been a fan of this series since the first game, and hands down this is the worst in the series. I felt so strongly about how much I regret buying this game I had to sign up here to review it to warn others. Don't waste your money. If you want to play call of duty, play one of the games you already have. Ghosts offers nothing new, besides a contextual lean, which is never explainedI've been a fan of this series since the first game, and hands down this is the worst in the series. I felt so strongly about how much I regret buying this game I had to sign up here to review it to warn others. Don't waste your money. If you want to play call of duty, play one of the games you already have. Ghosts offers nothing new, besides a contextual lean, which is never explained or utilized and feels absolutely useless, and minor changes to multiplayer, which are left mostly ambiguous to the player. The campaign is about 60-70% rehashed from similar games, and the space levels and water levels feel exactly the same, to the point where they might as well have included space sharks. Multiplayer feels like a step back, and lag compensation kills the experience on ps3, and now you can't see the ping from the other players to decide if you want to commit to a game or not. Even graphically, the only real saving grace of this game, there is not much of an improvement, if any, over black ops 2 or modern warfare 3. Bottom line is they released a game with way too many problems for the 7th game released using the same engine they've been using for over half a decade now.
    Extinction mode is nothing new, it feels like a combination of survival mode and zombies with no real reason to make me feel like putting any effort into it, and only one map to start off with. With the next generation of consoles looming over the horizon, 'Ghosts' feels like an anachronism, and an easily ignorable experience. Everything impressive in the trailers mostly takes place at an un-viewable angle during the campaign and undermines whatever 'cool factor' was present. I'm not sure if rating this a 3 is too harsh, but I definitely feel like I was sold something that was done half-assed, not only failing at any attempt to innovate, or be original, but also not fixing any old issues or even feeling up to par with the older Call of Duty's. Even if you've never played a game in the series, you can pick up one of the older games new or used for less than a copy of ghosts, and have a more enjoyable experience.
  68. Nov 17, 2013
    First some background which might help other readers who are unsure of whether to buy this game some context. I'm a big fan of Call of Duty Multi-player and have played them all since COD4 and have prestige capped most of them. I generally play Domination or Demolition and am aggressive at going after the objective (and I can't stand people who play objective game modes and ignore theFirst some background which might help other readers who are unsure of whether to buy this game some context. I'm a big fan of Call of Duty Multi-player and have played them all since COD4 and have prestige capped most of them. I generally play Domination or Demolition and am aggressive at going after the objective (and I can't stand people who play objective game modes and ignore the objective)! I generally get ~10 caps a game on Dom and maintain a >1 KD ratio I am not pro or elite by any means, just an amateur who plays for fun.

Of the previous games my favourites in order from best to worst are: Black Ops, Black Ops 2, World at War, COD4 (I played this one the least), MW2, MW3.

Perhaps it's just the way I play, maybe it's because I play objective base game modes, but I never quite gel with Infinity Ward COD games.

So here we go, first the worst stuff (all in just my opinion other opinions are available!):

- The maps. The maps are huge! I mean really massive, it feels like playing Battlefield and you're expecting to see other players in maps. It takes ages to run from one side to another, it's like a military marathon simulator! I understand that nextgen consoles (PS4 and Xbox One) will support 9v9 in COD Ghosts and the maps are probably fine for 18 players. But they are way too big for 12, which means that Activision and IW have really short changed their loyal fan base on current gen consoles. Also I'm not sure why there is no 9v9 game mode previous CODs had Ground War which supported 18 players, it really feels like developer laziness to me.
    - No tactical insertion. I realise that this is a matter of choice, but I love the tac insert and when you’re playing objective game modes, I think it’s a must have on your loadout. However couple the huge maps with no tac insert and domination becomes a very dull game mode. Spawn at the back of the map, run for ages across the daft huge map towards B which you are losing to the opposition, get sniped by an unseen sniper, sigh and repeat…
    - No EMP grenade. There is a “9 Bang” which concusses enemy equipment, but you then still need to go and take the sentry gun or whatever out and I think the 9 Bang is so named because it takes 9 minutes to fully arm, by which time you have generally been killed.
    - No Ping Lag indicator on the score screen. I have also maintained that if you have a good ping, you’re going to have a good gaming experience. With all COD games (even my favourites) this has been a mixed experience as games are hosted on a players’ PS3 so sometimes you can have a great ping and other times awful but at least you could see how bad your ping was and then act accordingly. You might choose to leave if it doesn’t get better or play more defensively. In Ghosts IW Activision have simply removed the ping meter in a huge backwards step. Now you can’t see how bad things are!
    - No Theatre Mode! What?? Why? This is just total laziness there is no reason to remove this feature.
    - The minimap now seems to be all but useless. The new stackable UAV (Satcom) system means that there is generally nothing to see on the map. The UAV has always been a hugely powerful killstreak and in Ghosts it has been nerfed in a horrid way.

On the positive side, I have enjoyed:

- The hit detection hit box seems better than other CODs.
    - The gunplay is good and plays a lot like COD4.
    - There are some interesting decent gameplay modes.
    - The player setup, amount of options and sheer number of perks available is impressive.
    - The Squads mode and Extinction modes are both fun.
    - I’ve heard single player campaign is ok but I never bother with COD campaigns.

Overall if you’re a sniper or a camper this is a good COD for you. Also if you’re a very fast twitchy player that can run and gun with a high KD and you have a good net connection, then you will probably enjoy this.

Also I think the experience may be slightly different on nextgen consoles with 9v9 modes.

Personally this is the last Infinity Ward COD I will be buying, this and MW3 have been hugely disappointing for me. From now on I will be buying a COD every other year when Treyarch brings one out ;-)

Hope this review is helpful.
  69. Nov 20, 2013
    I am a Big COD Online player, Conclusion Online Ghost is very bad... Maps to big, weapons bad.. engine is exactly the same as MW3 (that was also a very bad Online game) My Opinion is Black Ops all the Way!!
    Black op 1 and 2 was the best online shooters of all Plz gamers continue to play Black Ops 2 so I am!!
  70. Nov 22, 2013
    I am truly disappointed with this game. Once again after all the hype for this new "different call of duty" it turns out to be the exact feel as MW3, I can honestly come to a conclusion that duty is dead!(I have said this since black ops 2 but have hoped for a bit of a change). if you are a call of duty fan boy, you will obviously dig this, like you doc all the others, But for oneI am truly disappointed with this game. Once again after all the hype for this new "different call of duty" it turns out to be the exact feel as MW3, I can honestly come to a conclusion that duty is dead!(I have said this since black ops 2 but have hoped for a bit of a change). if you are a call of duty fan boy, you will obviously dig this, like you doc all the others, But for one looking for something new and different for the series, you will be sadly disappointed with ghosts, really the only thing in this game that I liked more so then the others is the individual dog score streak, seeing two dogs go at it is pretty cool no doubt. other than that i felt like i was playing MW3 with different maps. if you feel the same way about this i do, give battle field 4 a try, I have found that game allot more enjoyable than ghosts. Expand
  71. Jan 20, 2014
    Awful. Just awful The multiplayer is the same (that is, awful arcade shooter) , the campaign isn't bad, and the engine is just a reskinned version of the one in MW3. Essentially, it's the same drivel as the stuff they put into every CoD game since MW2. Overall, the series has gotten old and now its age is showing. If they had put even a little love or innovation into this title I wouldAwful. Just awful The multiplayer is the same (that is, awful arcade shooter) , the campaign isn't bad, and the engine is just a reskinned version of the one in MW3. Essentially, it's the same drivel as the stuff they put into every CoD game since MW2. Overall, the series has gotten old and now its age is showing. If they had put even a little love or innovation into this title I would have given it a 7 just fro trying something new. Expand
  72. Nov 26, 2013
    Personally I loved every other Call of Duty, generally all had a relatively good campaign, good multiplayer, and good graphics for their generation, but this one seems to fall back on dedicated fans to simply buy the game because its the newest edition in the long run of COD games. The campaign is lazy, simply using this as a basis for a sequel, Also moving into the general title andPersonally I loved every other Call of Duty, generally all had a relatively good campaign, good multiplayer, and good graphics for their generation, but this one seems to fall back on dedicated fans to simply buy the game because its the newest edition in the long run of COD games. The campaign is lazy, simply using this as a basis for a sequel, Also moving into the general title and belief that you might act like a "ghost", its just wrong, this game has less stealth than Left for Dead simply run in and shoot is not only the best option but your only option (excluding a few remote control devices and a drone. The drone is the dog Riley. There is no emotional attachment to the characters willing me to play on to 'see what happens'. and the multiplayer just isn't as action packed as its predecessors using maps which are far too open for anything intriguing to happen, probably just trying to show off next gen hardware. The only redeeming quality is that it is from the COD franchise and you can still have a bit off fun with friends, but for the solo gamer I would avoid it like the plague. Expand
  73. Nov 30, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts lived up to my expectations (Which were low) ,It had some Good and Bad things to the game.

Campaign: Was Mediocre I won't spoil anything but I have to say that it's not that exciting,plus gotta love how they say Fish A.I is next gen. Multiplayer: Nothing to special, If you liked MW3 You're definitely gonna love this part of the game my first reaction "MW3 with a

Multiplayer: Nothing to special, If you liked MW3 You're definitely gonna love this part of the game my first reaction "MW3 with a paint job :)"
    (Loved the trailer for multiplayer probably because of Eminem-Survival).

Extinction/ Sqauds: Saved the game for me. NUFF SAID

Verdict: 5/10
  74. Dec 5, 2013
    When I first heard about the new features in CoD Ghosts, I was kind of interested. Although I never really liked Call of Duty (except CoD 5 which was amazing), I played every single one at least for a while.
    I was interested in the new "jump-over-stuff" animation and in the interactive maps although I knew that this wouldn't spectacular at all (look at the battlefield series, you can destroy whole SKYSCRAPERS, while in cod you can blow up a gas station -.-).
    So then my friend bought the hardened edition, we sat down and started the multiplayer. First of all, the jump-over-stuff animation was pathetic. It was just a little different then the old one even though it was highly praised by infinity ward. good job. not.
    The interactive maps: the only thing I ever encountered in 4 hours of playing was a collapsing gas station which didnt do anything good and looked dumb (and the game lagged when it exploded).
    Next point: dogs. As well as in the singleplayer there are those highly announced dogs. But the problem is that they are just annoying. it is unbelievably hard to kill them and again, typically cod style, the player who is good gets an enourmous help thanks to the dog and the newcomers cannot manage to interrupt the killing spree the player is on then.
    And the multiplayer is basically not very different then every single mp since cod4 in 2007. Cod always basically stays the exact same thing over and over.
  75. Dec 22, 2013
    I have a lot of mixed emotions about this game. It just seems like there is so much bullcrap. There are very few hit-markers, which isnt so bad, but there is absolutely no chance for you if you get shot from the side or from behind. And then the dogs.. 5-kill streak, you get a dog, and that thing is so annoying.. i play this game daily and it seems like its getting worse as the days go by.I have a lot of mixed emotions about this game. It just seems like there is so much bullcrap. There are very few hit-markers, which isnt so bad, but there is absolutely no chance for you if you get shot from the side or from behind. And then the dogs.. 5-kill streak, you get a dog, and that thing is so annoying.. i play this game daily and it seems like its getting worse as the days go by. I would not recommend this game to a friend. Expand
  76. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is the biggest joke since the last installment of the series. My friend got this game for 40 bucks used. We played two online matches took it out of the system and returned it. The graphics look like garbage, the guns feel like nerf guns, kill streaks are retarded and the campaign is worse than BF3. Take your 63 bucks and buy a real game like Battlefield (get some literal bangThis game is the biggest joke since the last installment of the series. My friend got this game for 40 bucks used. We played two online matches took it out of the system and returned it. The graphics look like garbage, the guns feel like nerf guns, kill streaks are retarded and the campaign is worse than BF3. Take your 63 bucks and buy a real game like Battlefield (get some literal bang for your buck). Expand
  77. Dec 31, 2013
    This isn't really a review of the game, this is my story. Try to be patient, I'm still fragile and my doctor tells me it's good to talk about these things...

I feel robbed, I'm going to take this game back to the store and say it says "Corrupt disc" when I try to play it or something. It really is that bad! Let me illustrate it another way: I've suffered depression a handful of times in my life and the first thing I always notice when it begins is that get no enjoyment out of anything, even the things I usually really like. I sat for hours mechanically shooting my way through this game wondering if I might be slipping in to depression. I really felt that might be happening.

I've heard small children telling better stories than this game has. There also aren't any characters either. Seriously they're so boringly generic and colourless that I can't even remember what their faces look like. Captain Price was a character! You know I actually cried at the end of CoD4? So I turned Ghosts off and played through Red Dead Redemption. It was great, I actually grieved for a whole day at the end of it, I hardly realised how much it had gripped me until it ended. So then I wondered: what if I had outgrown the FPS genre? There's really not much story to FPS games generally, perhaps I just needed story? Perhaps I needed to start reading books and smoking a pipe? So I played CoD4 and loved it. I played CoD2 and could barely contain my joy. I played CoD and despite struggling to get it working because it's so old I was actually laughing until tears rolled down my cheeks because I was so relieved that I wasn't going to be depressed at all, I'd just played a really bad game.

That's my story, and it's better than the one in Ghosts.
  78. Jan 2, 2014
    Terrible game.
    -Story is simply just a WTF.
    -Online: slow at many points

Call of duty is not listening to the players and they are to busy trying to recapture the Modern Warfare 1 and 2 era when over 1,000,000 people would be on. 2 weeks after buying I only saw around 150,000 players on.

Call of duty is now beginning to head the Medal of honor route.
  79. Jan 4, 2014
    Let me just say it bland. This game sucks. Only the COD fanboy could play this without realizing how bad it is. It's the same exact thing as the last ones, only worse. If you start to get shot, you die instantly, no time to get to cover. Levolution(map interactives) are completely useless, like they added it just so they could say they had it. Textures are the same as they were back inLet me just say it bland. This game sucks. Only the COD fanboy could play this without realizing how bad it is. It's the same exact thing as the last ones, only worse. If you start to get shot, you die instantly, no time to get to cover. Levolution(map interactives) are completely useless, like they added it just so they could say they had it. Textures are the same as they were back in MW1. Don't be fooled by the trailers, you barely get any selection to how your player looks. You have to do challenges to unlock new player uniforms, and the challenges are only available on certain days. This game is even worse for new players, when advanced players just run around screwing over everyone. 0/10 Expand
  80. Jan 12, 2014
    Good Lord i'm glad that i didn't bought the prestige edition !! I like all the other CoD really munch (except MW3) but this is really bad!! It's only fun to mess around with friends but everything Else is boring and dumb!
  81. Jan 20, 2014
    This series went stale years ago and just needs to disappear from the gaming industry. I wonder why people continue to buy these games, time and time again. What will their next top-selling title be? Call of Duty: Consistent Disappointment?
  82. Jan 19, 2014
    I made an account on this website just to review this crap. This is the worst game I have ever played. I'm never buying a Call of Duty again. If you want a shooter, go with battlefield. You won't be disappointed there. Anyways, the Multiplayer is crap, absolute crap. At least in the other games the multiplayer was semi-fun. The campaign is short and terrible. Recycled crap that didn't makeI made an account on this website just to review this crap. This is the worst game I have ever played. I'm never buying a Call of Duty again. If you want a shooter, go with battlefield. You won't be disappointed there. Anyways, the Multiplayer is crap, absolute crap. At least in the other games the multiplayer was semi-fun. The campaign is short and terrible. Recycled crap that didn't make any sense. In the other COD games you actually got attached but in this you didn't care. DON'T BUY IT Expand
  83. Jan 20, 2014
    I cant give this pathetic game anymore then a 1. Not only does this game bring the same repetitive multiplayer and campaign, but they brought to us a "wannabe" zombies mode called Extinction. I would rather like this a lot more if there was survival involved like zombies but even you have to be at least level 20 to actually beat a f**king game on Extinction. Campaign was yet anotherI cant give this pathetic game anymore then a 1. Not only does this game bring the same repetitive multiplayer and campaign, but they brought to us a "wannabe" zombies mode called Extinction. I would rather like this a lot more if there was survival involved like zombies but even you have to be at least level 20 to actually beat a f**king game on Extinction. Campaign was yet another disappointment, same boring rushed campaign. Then there is multiplayer, the biggest disappointment. People always say "OMG There is in game challenges! So innovative".

Face it Activision and Treyarch and Infinityward, COD is dead. It was dead 4 years ago so just let go of it and make a new title that might not suck!
  84. Jan 29, 2014
    WORST COD EVER. The spawning on the game is absolutely terrible. Way more hackers than any other COD game. infinity ward, this game SUCKS. I dont know how you got so many sales. the single player is good but multiplayer sucks.
  85. Mar 7, 2014
    The game isn't as bad as many people are saying. Some drastic improvements have been made, during in game, they've worked on weapon balance, spawns, etc.

But even though they tried COD: Ghost is still yet another game like the rest of the Call of Duty series, It's been copy and pasted, and given a few improvements. I played a decent amount of the game, but after about 4-5 hours

I played a decent amount of the game, but after about 4-5 hours online I began to find that the game is just to repetitive, which now it's just left with the rest of the games I got bored of.

COD: Ghost could have been an awesome game! But again the developers got lazy, and just stayed to the same formula(Which is good yes! But after 5 or 6 of the same games with the exact same formula, it's time for an improvement! In example: Valve does a good job with keeping the same formula, but making each of there games fascinating at the same time) In all, I suggest you just wait until the price drops, since $60 is way over priced for a game that's only been slightly improved.
  86. Mar 18, 2014
    I'm not going to sigh in disgust at a game that presents itself fairly well and provides a good few hours of entertainment. And that's where it falls of its pedestal. After trying the multiplayer demo over the weekend the thrill had gone and I had no desire to carry on with the multiplayer. I found that when I was about to go back on it I was asking myself "why are you not playingI'm not going to sigh in disgust at a game that presents itself fairly well and provides a good few hours of entertainment. And that's where it falls of its pedestal. After trying the multiplayer demo over the weekend the thrill had gone and I had no desire to carry on with the multiplayer. I found that when I was about to go back on it I was asking myself "why are you not playing Assassin's Creed or Battlefield". In other words what this game needs to do well is no other games in the entire world that are good. Then I'll play it again. But until that fateful day there are just too many other good alternatives to distract me. Some may say to do the single player campaign, but from the perspective of a guy who's played every CoD campaign since Finest Hour, I find myself asking "How different can this one really be?". Oh the enemies are speaking Brazilian? Yawn. At first they were speaking German, then Russian, then German again, then English. Some re-textured enemies are not going to convince me to fork out £40 on a mediocre (at best) game. And the campaigns all have the same structure. Lot's of death, a big explosion, another big explosion, a big gun you get to play with for 30 seconds and to finish off the level a big death filled explosion. Pretty much anything that will attract the attention of any adolescent teenager within a five mile radius. It's silly, over the top action that you could get from an 80's movie. Now, I'm not saying by any means that Battlefield 4's single player is any better because it's not. Or the fact that Assassin's Creed 4's multiplayer is better, because it's not. But switch them around and you have two longer term alternatives (AC4 offers a breath taking single player experience and Battlefield has enough of a reputation online to speak for itself). Ghosts is an average game and in a market where there are not stunning, ground breaking games coming out on a regular basis, I just don't see the appeal in a game where the main new feature is women followed by fish that get out of your way... Expand
  87. Mar 26, 2014
    Although it's long this review is actually a good one that means something, please read because I make points through to the end. So here it is. Really, all you haters, shut up. The graphics have not improved? check the data, the graphic power is higher and mostly dependent on your system and TV. The campaign is finished too fast? The majority of people don't even play the campaign, andAlthough it's long this review is actually a good one that means something, please read because I make points through to the end. So here it is. Really, all you haters, shut up. The graphics have not improved? check the data, the graphic power is higher and mostly dependent on your system and TV. The campaign is finished too fast? The majority of people don't even play the campaign, and those that do, don't really use it as their main game mode. Then there's the multiplayer. Who cares if there's recycled material, if you keep saying that the older games are better, then don't complain about recycled graphics. I'm seeing a bad review as i'm writing this and it's main point of "nothing new was brought to the table" (by hotstuff) is wrong as i will show shortly, and then it just has it's support being "it's bad." Oh yea way to convince me.
    Now let's focus on some actual pros and cons. The slide is more effective than the dive, since you're able to knife, shoot, etc. while performing the action. Some of the maps are interactive, like the gas station roof falling and possibly getting a kill, and even little things like a missile hitting the ground and cracking the street. Or even that platform thingy in the river that goes under if you stand on it too long. It provides more to do in the maps and more ways to counter your enemies and eliminate them unnoticed. Also there's climbing. I've said for years that when you mantle objects you should be able to fight, now you can! Gun game. My favorite party game since the introduction of it. Now they have the random gun rotation feature which is awesome. You never know what to expect and it keeps you on your toes and makes you a more weapon rounded player.
    Still with pros, the weapons are very innovative, as are the styles of perks and scorestreaks and such. Things like the automatic suppressor on the honeybadger really blow me away because it just shows that new gen gaming is moving forward enough to actually reflect more reality-like games. On that note, the health. I have heard complaints from friends that the health is too low. I disagree. In other games it's too high. Like 5 bullets to kill? Really? No. Ghosts health is better. Faster kills forces the player to be on your toes more and ready to react quickly and utilize all your advantages.
    A few cons, the lag repair. First off, people who say the lag is ridiculous, you don't know what you're saying. The issue is that the lag repair was so good that it actually forces people with super high-end connection to lag back around .4 seconds. You aren't actually lagging though cuz your even with the other players with either now better connection, or other high-enders...(is that a word???) that lag back to match you. Also, the one little peev of mine is the weapon sway. When you walk the guns sway excessively. Although the weapons retain their accuracy, it is an eye sore. That's about it for cons.
    Then there's extinction. It's fascinating the way it was put together. They nailed it. The graphics are incredible, the health is perfect, the maps are enjoyable, the guns are strong but not OP'd, the customize your own character is super awesome, and really overall it's a great game. Oh! and they finally got the knifing right after being too easy in black ops and too hard in BO2. I solidly recommend this game if your not a camper cuz i hate campers and they should all just go jump off a cliff. Plus right now the price dropped a lot because of all the stupid haters returning the game and giving it bad reviews so because of their stupidity, you get a great game for reduced price. Enjoy!
  88. Mar 27, 2014
    Objectively it's a good game. It's fun and anyone can pick it up and have fun playing it because it's so simple. However that is one of its main issues. The game can get repetitive and boring after a while of playing online and the campaign is too easy it feels like i'm strapped into a roller coaster. It's a nice how you can be going guns blazing at one point in space and then go allObjectively it's a good game. It's fun and anyone can pick it up and have fun playing it because it's so simple. However that is one of its main issues. The game can get repetitive and boring after a while of playing online and the campaign is too easy it feels like i'm strapped into a roller coaster. It's a nice how you can be going guns blazing at one point in space and then go all silent spec ops killing dudes quietly, but I feel as if though I got no control. It feels like if it's all done for me and i'm just supposed to watch. It's too linear and scripted. The story is a bit weird too. I feel as though i'm the bad guy. I mean the U.S builds a doomsday device in space and the world is supposed to do nothing while the U.S. has a doomsday device hanging over everyone's heads. Also the countries fighting you have a good reason to fight you. They had been oppressed, impoverished, and exploited by the U.S for years. This game just feel like a cliche patriotic xenophobic movie like Rockie IV. Expand
  89. Apr 5, 2014
    Pros:
    Best graphics ever seen in a COD game to date.
    Great sound system. No lag when playing online. Smooth, consistent frame rate. Ghosts' beautifully perfect high weapon damage was the cure to the disgusting aftertaste of the disease Black Ops 1 and 2 gave me. Gone are the days of the retarded bullcrap of putting half a clip into someone, only to get several hitmarkers. Treyarch
    Pros:
    Best graphics ever seen in a COD game to date.
    Great sound system.
    No lag when playing online.
    Smooth, consistent frame rate.
    Ghosts' beautifully perfect high weapon damage was the cure to the disgusting aftertaste of the disease Black Ops 1 and 2 gave me. Gone are the days of the retarded bullcrap of putting half a clip into someone, only to get several hitmarkers. Treyarch clearly showed their lack of intelligence by making all of their guns about as useful as a retarded toy airsoft gun that shoots marshmallows. Having useless pistols, 4+ shot kill rifles, shotguns with terrible range and damage, and other unbelievably stupid and idiotic low damage weapons, coupled with the fact that Treyarch loves sticking their noses in where they don't belong by nerfing already useless guns to the most retarded levels of garbage doesn't help when they have the worst lag ever seen either. BO 1 and 2's unplayable garbage multiplayer is the complete opposite of Ghosts' perfect multiplayer: Fast-paced, buttery smooth lightning fast action, with no lag, and weapons that drop soldiers dead before you can blink, make the ultimate multiplayer combat experience. No more annoying hitmarkers while dumping half a clip into someone only to watch them duck behind cover and survive, no more guns that can't even penetrate thin materials like wood. Ghosts will show players that war is hell, and all the whining scrub kids should go back to FailOps series if they can't handle high weapon damage. With this release, Infinity Ward establishes themselves as the clearly dominant studio with more intelligence, creativity, and logic. Treyarch had its day with World At War, but creating Black Ops was the road to their downfall. From now on, stick with IW games, they are clearly superior to the mediocre trash Treyarch comes up with. Overall expertly crafted multiplayer leaves Treyarch's garbage in it's shadow. Don't waste your time on Treyarch anymore. Nothing they make will ever even come close to Ghosts. Despite having some issues with map size and unbalanced, weak kill streaks, Ghosts' multiplayer is by far the best COD has to offer, and it renders Treyarch's pathetic, lousy efforts into obsolete garbage.
    Extinction exposes Zombies as the retarded garbage it truly is cause Treyarch had a retarded storyline that was probably thought up by some 5 year old with Down's Syndrome.
    Offline play is available in Squads.

Cons:
    Campaign is generic and forgettable.
    Longer loading times, especially for multiplayer.
    Technical issues with some kill streaks' damage and effectiveness.
    Revised multiplayer in game scoreboard and muting options are confusing.
    Recycled sounds and dying animations.
    No 4 player split screen.
    Squads is rather bland.
    Despite all its issues, Ghosts is THE definitive COD. Where Treyarch has completely failed and produced the worst abominations in COD, IW easily showcases a display of creative, intelligent game-making talent. All the people who are saying Ghosts sucks and BO 2 is better are retarded. Even a blind bat could tell that BO 2's graphics are unacceptable garbage compared to Ghosts. Treyarch's days are over, and IW is here to stay as the dominant COD dev studio. I will be staying far away from Treyarch's mindless, retarded, unplayable garbage in the future, and I look forward to Ghosts 2.
  90. Apr 9, 2014
    To be honest,I had high expectations for this game but it went down the drain. The maps are too damn big and the storyline seems stupid if they're not making another ghost cod ghost 2. There's also a lot of glitches. But the multiplayer is sort of fun. That's why I rated this a 5,not a 2 or 3.
  91. Jul 2, 2014
    There's so many things wrong with this multiplayer gameplay & that unwanted PS3 version of extinction. The campaign really impressed me all the way though.
  92. May 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. it was a really good game . are they doing a call of duty ghosts 2 because they should. try the game its great . even for girls . if they are doing a ghosts 2 please tell me. Expand
  93. Jun 16, 2014
    the game is awesome the graphics awesome i love the aliens mode like old days zombies!! yee black ops2 black ops1 the aliens is a certainly different thing more fun and more hard. online is too awesome and campaing funny i loved all campaing npc's like riley ! i love this game!
  94. Aug 9, 2014
    This is perhaps the worst game in Call of Duty history. Despite an improvement in Multiplayer functions, "Ghosts" singleplayer is the same Linear based formula that got old after Black Ops. It's Extinction Mode is clearly derivative, seemingly ripping off Treyarch's Zombie Mode, and incorporating themes from the "Alien" series of movies into the game. The DLC is whimsical and stupid, andThis is perhaps the worst game in Call of Duty history. Despite an improvement in Multiplayer functions, "Ghosts" singleplayer is the same Linear based formula that got old after Black Ops. It's Extinction Mode is clearly derivative, seemingly ripping off Treyarch's Zombie Mode, and incorporating themes from the "Alien" series of movies into the game. The DLC is whimsical and stupid, and not worth the money. You'd be better off buying Battlefield 4, because I guarantee you will be disappointed by this lackluster title to the Call of Duty franchise. Expand
  95. Nov 9, 2013
    call of duty is just falling apart each new game that they make makes me sader and sader and the fact that people expect more from this game each year is redundant. i gave it a one because i feel like the story was Meh but there was a tiny spec of effort in it because who gives a about compaign right? all they do is repackage multiplayer each year and thats it no one even plays it forcall of duty is just falling apart each new game that they make makes me sader and sader and the fact that people expect more from this game each year is redundant. i gave it a one because i feel like the story was Meh but there was a tiny spec of effort in it because who gives a about compaign right? all they do is repackage multiplayer each year and thats it no one even plays it for the tory which is what call of duy was once about. this game is the final nail in call of dutys coffin Expand
  96. Nov 5, 2013
    This year had alot of ups and downs. Call of duty ghosts are right in the middle of this. Call of duty has great multiplayer and classes, but the maps are way too big and the game itself is too complex for most of the gamers. We don't want a game where you've got to research to find a good class, it is all about the gameplay. Also, single player was a disappointment. The whole campaignThis year had alot of ups and downs. Call of duty ghosts are right in the middle of this. Call of duty has great multiplayer and classes, but the maps are way too big and the game itself is too complex for most of the gamers. We don't want a game where you've got to research to find a good class, it is all about the gameplay. Also, single player was a disappointment. The whole campaign lasts 5 hours (Which is longer than battlefield 4's single player, where that campaign lasted 4 hours)! Overall, Call of duty is not the best of the franchise, but is a enjoyable game. Expand
  97. Nov 7, 2013
    This game was just awful I have put about two hours into this game and just could not bring myself around to playing it again but I reckon that the Call of Duty series died along time ago.
  98. Nov 5, 2013
    A pile of Same old game from like what, 2007? It looks like they recycled the engine from COD4, added a little tweaks here and there and called it a day. It's sad that some cretins still give into COD.

Ghosts is just another ****ty carbon copy. The campaign is wank, the multiplayer is still the same with the same little children, and the mechanics are graphics are still the same ****.

To sum it up: COD Ghosts is a disgrace to the video game world.
  99. Nov 13, 2013
    This is a pretty decent game, almost didnt buy it due to the negativity found on here, though after viewing the accounts linked to these 0/10 reviews and seeing that they have only ever written afew reviews, all of which are just bashing call of duty games i realized it was just sad people hating on the franchise and probably creating multiple account to do so. really dont understand whyThis is a pretty decent game, almost didnt buy it due to the negativity found on here, though after viewing the accounts linked to these 0/10 reviews and seeing that they have only ever written afew reviews, all of which are just bashing call of duty games i realized it was just sad people hating on the franchise and probably creating multiple account to do so. really dont understand why people waste their time in this way, this game is definately no 2/10 much better than mw3, and i also prefer it to black ops 1+2. Expand
  100. Nov 6, 2013
    Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!Even more even more even more!
  101. Nov 9, 2013

1. Nov 18, 2013
    COD players, myself included, will still play Ghosts for the sake of having 20 or so new maps to play on over the course of the year, but in a franchise that’s the same year after year with slight changes, it’s reasonable to expect things to materially improve, not to take even a small step backwards.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    After loving the campaign in Black Ops 2, the single player in Ghosts feels like a step back for the series. The campaign felt tiresome, familiar, predictable and linear. The multiplayer on the other hand, saves the day as the tweaks to the gameplay and the new games modes make this the best multiplayer COD experience to date.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    It's a generally by-the-numbers excursion through big-budget wartime set pieces that, due to an unavoidable air of familiarity, wares out its welcome much quicker than it should.