- Summary: This new chapter in the Call of Duty franchise features a fresh dynamic where players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply to survive. 10 years after a devastating mass event, the nation's borders and the balance of global power have beenThis new chapter in the Call of Duty franchise features a fresh dynamic where players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply to survive. 10 years after a devastating mass event, the nation's borders and the balance of global power have been permanently redrawn. As what's left of the nation's Special Operations forces, a mysterious group known only as "Ghosts" leads the fight back against a newly emerged, technologically-superior global power. In Call of Duty: Ghosts you don't just create a class, you create a soldier. Choose the head, body type, head-gear and equipment, and you can even create a female soldier for the first time. With over 20,000 possible combinations, you can create the soldier you've always wanted. And each soldier you create will also have his or her own load outs.… Expand
Nov 5, 2013There is still a ton of depth for vets, with a new expanded perk system that lets you mix and match perks from all categories, tons of new game modes such as the fast-paced Cranked and Blitz, and the ability to build a near invincible squad and watch it climb the leaderboards without you even playing.
Nov 14, 2013After loving the campaign in Black Ops 2, the single player in Ghosts feels like a step back for the series. The campaign felt tiresome, familiar, predictable and linear. The multiplayer on the other hand, saves the day as the tweaks to the gameplay and the new games modes make this the best multiplayer COD experience to date.
Nov 6, 2013Ghosts will disappoint those only in it for the singleplayer, although – Extinction aside – the multiplayer feels like just more of the same. Those who play online will still get their money’s worth, but a proper evolution of the series’ mechanics is now desperately needed.
Nov 18, 2013COD players, myself included, will still play Ghosts for the sake of having 20 or so new maps to play on over the course of the year, but in a franchise that’s the same year after year with slight changes, it’s reasonable to expect things to materially improve, not to take even a small step backwards.
Dec 10, 2013Call of Duty:Ghosts is awesome more than any other Cod games for the simple reason that it is IMPROVED.
Lagging is reduced so that is a bigCall of Duty:Ghosts is awesome more than any other Cod games for the simple reason that it is IMPROVED.
Lagging is reduced so that is a big advantage for me, sniping is really improved, firing is improved, kill streaks, perks, equipments and attactments are added and the guns are awesome especially the USR, SC-2010, Honey Badger, VRX-160 and the Vector CRB.
And the last thing is that it is very hard to level up, in an hour I levelled u only 2/3 levels, meanwhile on Mw3 in an hour straight playing I level up to level 30.
I dont' see why many people hate it… Expand
Nov 5, 2013I'm basing this on the Multiplayer aspect as its all ive played.
I'm really enjoying this, at first thought when I played my first gameI'm basing this on the Multiplayer aspect as its all ive played.
I'm really enjoying this, at first thought when I played my first game mode, I was hesitant and thought I had been ripped off, I found the first map bland, now after having it for a few days I love it. Below is list of Pros and Cons to MP.
Pros: 1.Huge maps, with multi levels not just the standard BLOPS2 3 way entrances, but a multitude of entrances to choke zones.
2 Knee slide is awesome, going from sprinting to crouched to prone is easy, also doing a kneeslide into a room turning around and getting a kill is satisfying.
3. Soldier customisation.
4. Blitz, fast paced high scoring
5. Guns feel great, sound great
6. Field orders, love them, adds more depth to an already deep game
7. Huge amount of unlockables that will keep you going for ages.
1. No connection status bar
2. Havnt got used to contextual lean yet.
3. Always getting shot in back (could be a pro as well due to variety of map passages)
4. No Search and Destroy (although search and rescue is a good addition)
Overall loving it, few very minor issues but all in all a great MP game.… Expand
Nov 7, 2013What I Found which DISAPPOINTED me GREATLY:
- Very boring maps - Map sizes are WAY to big for a mere 6v6 - ONLY 6v6 no more 9v9 - CRAPWhat I Found which DISAPPOINTED me GREATLY:
- Very boring maps
- Map sizes are WAY to big for a mere 6v6
- ONLY 6v6 no more 9v9
- CRAP graphics
- BORING killstreaks SOME ARE TOTALLY USELESS for example HELO sniper STAY AWAY GUYS!!)
- boring weapons
- Fun new game modes, Crank most fun to play IMO
- Mounting over walls system
- Squad mode is fun
- Allows those who don't feel like playing competitive to play squad mode for a more relaxed game
- Good AI system
- Customization was disappointing IMO, needed more faces imo
- CAMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP GALOOORE you will BARELY find an actual good player who runs around the map
- Laggy Just for me i think. .
- The new lean system seem useless to me, used it once every 10 games and slide system is also useless. Only found myself using it to race my teammate to capture a point at the start of domination and in blitz mode to enter the portal thiny
- Extinction was disappointing IMO
- GUYS BEFORE YOU BUY ATTACHMENTS OR STREAKS TRY IT IN PRIVATE MODE FIRST BECAUSE EARNING SQUAD POINTS TAKES AWHILE AND STARTS TO FEEL LIKE A GRIND … Expand
Nov 5, 2013Yeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one hasYeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to have something so buggy coming out. Graphic and gameplay are worse than black ops. Its not a next gen game, its a failure of the industry.… Expand
Jan 1, 2014This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Another anticlimax from Activision. GHOSTS is a massive step back from the days of MW1 and MW2. How can a game franchise get WORSE over time isn't it supposed to improve?
Bog standard campaign mode as usual just a change of character names and voice actors. There are one or two cool 'moments' in the campaign but overall it's just fighting against another dictator/terrorist kingpin for the sake of humanity. (YAWN). Nothing new it's the same old.
Online mode is really where it disappoints (which is what everyone plays CoD for)
Firstly the maps are HUGE and unplayable. A player will run around for minutes at a time searching for an enemy, leading to boring low scoring rounds. Killstreak rewards are the worst I have ever seen, a 'guard' dog that is more interested in playing fetch than protecting you. Air support is limited and weak. Juggernaut is back (oh no) a player kills 10 people in a row and is rewarded by having his/her gun taken away!? Great idea. Where are the pavelow's, harriers and carpet bombs Infinity Ward?
After 10 years a CoD player, CoD is no longer fun. Simple as that. A solid 2 out of 10 well done. Maybe stop rushing new titles out every 12 months for a quick payday will help! So disappointing as MW1 and 2 were world beaters!… Expand
Mar 13, 2014Call of Duty: Ghosts is a game infamous for ripping off it's own franchise. While playing this game, I can't help but feel that it should'veCall of Duty: Ghosts is a game infamous for ripping off it's own franchise. While playing this game, I can't help but feel that it should've been DLC. Instead, it's a $60 retail game with horrible online experience. Lag and a squeaky community kills this game, and the maps are way too vast for an 6v6 game. Reminds me of New Pork City in SSBB, it's that bad. It copies from MW2 and MW3 shamelessly, and dares to be called a new game, when in reality, it's what you played 5 years but with a dog. And the dog sucks dooky on a stick. Perfect. In fact, I bought this game because I love buying the same crappy game over and over again, because I love unbalanced gameplay and because I'm a CoD fanboy who's IQ ranges in the 80's. I love it, just my type. A nice 0/10.… Expand
Nov 5, 2013This isn't your first game Activision, the lag online is terrible, you never learn. Nothing new brought to the table, generic campaign,This isn't your first game Activision, the lag online is terrible, you never learn. Nothing new brought to the table, generic campaign, terrible online gaming experience.… Expand