Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 PlayStation 3

6.3

Mixed or average reviews- based on 2030 Ratings

1. Jun 10, 2016
    Had this game been patched/supported by Activision and Infinity Wards post-launch this game could've been easily a 9. While they did patch some things like the Javelin glitch and Akimbo 1889s they still left the glaring issue of infinite danger-close grenade launchers unattended amongst other things, which for such a huge (if not THE hugest) AAA shooter is inexcusable. On theHad this game been patched/supported by Activision and Infinity Wards post-launch this game could've been easily a 9. While they did patch some things like the Javelin glitch and Akimbo 1889s they still left the glaring issue of infinite danger-close grenade launchers unattended amongst other things, which for such a huge (if not THE hugest) AAA shooter is inexcusable. On the single-player side of things, the plot makes almost zero sense.

On a positive note the game looks fantastic for a 60fps game, and in my opinion the best looking Call of Duty until Advanced Warfare came out (yes I believe it looks better than Ghosts on PS4). The soundtrack by Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe is excellent too. While the campaign story is full of plot-holes the missions themselves are fun to play, as is the Spec Ops mode. And despite the multilplayer being horribly unbalanced, it is very satisfying and addicting when things go your way.
  2. May 7, 2016
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is a first-person shooter video game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision.

+ Good Campaign
    + Excellent Multiplayer
  3. Apr 16, 2016
    Graphic: 8/10
    Sound: 9/10
    + exciting story, great multiplayer, co-op special missions, smooth animation (60fps), huge weapon arsenal - sometimes blurry textures, quick scope with sniper is too strong (multiplayer) Conclusion: After MW brought the FPS genre to a new level of fast paced game play, the next episode has to climb a big number, and with MW2 the franchise does it. The
    Graphic: 8/10
    Sound: 9/10

Conclusion: After MW brought the FPS genre to a new level of fast paced game play, the next episode has to climb a big number, and with MW2 the franchise does it. The story plot is good, it´s the same quality like in MW, after 6-10 h you´ll see the credits and after this, they are tons of options to enjoy MW2. Like the spec ops co-op missions, or the massive multiplayer (with very good maps), in which you have to invest several hundred hours to reach prestige 10. They are more than fifteen online modes, and specifically with a 6 gamer friendliest lobby, modes like s&d or hq is pure fun.
  4. Apr 11, 2016
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is a pretty good game that was unfortunately stuck in the role of the bastard stepchild. It fell prey to the pitfalls of most sequels: most notably that developers simply tried too hard to top the original. That was a mountain to climb, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is deserving of its unofficial title of the best shooter this generation. As a resul
  5. Mar 8, 2016
    This is the most broken call of duty I have ever played. The additions from the first game are awful. This game is what set the standard to to the BS FPS games that come out today. If I could ever erase any game from history, it would be MW2.
  6. Feb 14, 2016
    Modern Warfare 2 is definitely one of the best CoD out there, it offers one of the best campaigns in the series with very likeable characters from CoD4 and new ones that you're going to love along with the story that's a lot of fun in multiple parts of the world.

The multiplayer is great and very addictive, and sure as all multiplayer games it'll have it's problems with annoying players and all, but truly, you can't avoid any of that to happen. Still there are some unbalanced weapons or attachments (noob tube) and even scorestreaks (tactical nuke) that can be rather annoying to some players and lower the gaming experience.

The new feature that was Spec Ops was fenomenal; a lot of fun for challenging missions, and even more if you play with a friend.

All in all, one of the best FPS out there and nowadays worth buying as it's way more cheaper and can still be enjoyable, even more than the newer CoDs.
  7. Jan 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To say that this game is good is a huge understatement this is without a doubt one of the most enjoyable games that I have ever played. The fourth mission of the game No Russian his highly controversial a terrorist attack at an airport a mission you can skip but one of the most simple missions on the game. There will be people who will enjoy Shepherd's death at the end of the game but hating the main antagonist means the game has been done well. In a recap a truly phenomenal game. Expand
  8. Jan 6, 2016
    Modern Warfare 2 is not only the greatest Call of Duty game ever made, it is the best first person shooter in history. Modern Warfare 2 takes the positives from the hugely successful COD 4, and enhances them whilst adding brilliant innovations. Whilst the campaign is jaw dropping and one of the best in the COD franchise, it is the online multiplayer side of the game that it excels at.Modern Warfare 2 is not only the greatest Call of Duty game ever made, it is the best first person shooter in history. Modern Warfare 2 takes the positives from the hugely successful COD 4, and enhances them whilst adding brilliant innovations. Whilst the campaign is jaw dropping and one of the best in the COD franchise, it is the online multiplayer side of the game that it excels at. Vibrant maps, awesome weapons to unlock, and gameplay that allowed for various styles of plays to work successfully, ensure that MW2 was one of the best online games ever made. It is truly this game that made Call of Duty the biggest gaming franchise ever made. Expand
  9. Dec 11, 2015
    The definitive COD experience and the best in the series. The story still doesn't make a whole lot of sense and the graphics haven't been improved a lot, but you can tell a lot of work went into making this game. The campaign is a lot of fun and the level and weapons design kick ass. Much better than that black ops crap. Also the most challenging cod to complete on a harder difficultyThe definitive COD experience and the best in the series. The story still doesn't make a whole lot of sense and the graphics haven't been improved a lot, but you can tell a lot of work went into making this game. The campaign is a lot of fun and the level and weapons design kick ass. Much better than that black ops crap. Also the most challenging cod to complete on a harder difficulty setting so be warned! Expand
  10. Nov 19, 2015
    This series was excellent and well done. The first was great, and 2 surpassed it. They added new content and challenges that kept me trying to perfect the same missions I have played over and over again for over 2 years. I would buy this game again, if I only had a second system to play it on (it is that good).
  11. Nov 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yet another classic masterpiece of first person shooters and one to be remembered forever. Modern Warfare 2 follows from the events of Modern Warfare 1 which puts you back on the American and British side to fight the second Soviet Russia and the main villain Vladimir Makarov, only then to be thrown into the enemy frontline seeing armies rise and cities fall. The campaign once again nails the balance of brilliant story telling and amazing gameplay, making us fall for our brothers in arms and save our dying world at the same time. Definitely one better than its big brother Call of Duty 4 and forever shall this remain in the gaming heart. Expand
  12. Oct 12, 2015
    This game is just perfect, good gameplay, "good"story, excellent multiplayer, violence,blood and the the best thing is tha tif you finish the story mode, you can do a lot of things, like finish the "special ops" and get all the levels in the multiplayer mode.
  13. Oct 5, 2015
    MW2 is the epitome of Multiplayer. The most genius and addictive online experience you will ever play. Even years after its release I still compare every modern online shooter to MW2 and not one has come close. It is sad that the franchise has now died and only the memory of this wonderful masterpiece lingers, but if you were lucky enough to play this at the time of its popularity, like meMW2 is the epitome of Multiplayer. The most genius and addictive online experience you will ever play. Even years after its release I still compare every modern online shooter to MW2 and not one has come close. It is sad that the franchise has now died and only the memory of this wonderful masterpiece lingers, but if you were lucky enough to play this at the time of its popularity, like me you will never forget the joyful experience.

RIP COD. And thanks MW2 for the great memories.
  14. Sep 2, 2015
    after 5 years this game is still blows my mind. mw2 is fantasic, amazing cod ever made! sure mulitplayer is now broken because of one man army noob tubes. scavger makes more noob tubes, hackers and modders to danger close to commando. i hope infinty ward remaster this game for next gen consles! if not iw is dead to me.
  15. Jul 27, 2015
    The campaign was amazing and a much needed sequel to the CoD 4 campaign. However multiplayer has turned to crap lately. People abuse the Grenade Launchers FAR too much to even make the game enjoyable anymore online. The co-op mode is fun when playing with other people, and will give you a good chunk of enjoyment. The multiplayer is such a large factor in CoD, and the fact that it isThe campaign was amazing and a much needed sequel to the CoD 4 campaign. However multiplayer has turned to crap lately. People abuse the Grenade Launchers FAR too much to even make the game enjoyable anymore online. The co-op mode is fun when playing with other people, and will give you a good chunk of enjoyment. The multiplayer is such a large factor in CoD, and the fact that it is unplayable now is exactly why this score is so low. If it was playable, it would be a 9. Expand
  16. Jul 3, 2015
    Modern Warfare 2's campaign is as good as COD4's, maybe even better. The multiplayer is pretty bad for public matches, but as an eSports game, the MP is amazing.

(Played this in 2010, just now writing the review)
  17. Mar 6, 2015
    thought it was cool the way the story up so good that the game in Russian thought too violent polemical this map huh spec ops cool was good to play with friends and my father the best multiplayer yet
  18. Feb 23, 2015
    In my opinion, the last GREAT Call of Duty game. Campaign was on the short side but it was still good. But Multiplayer is still hell of fun, I still pick up this game from time to time. Spec Ops missions are fun but I highly recommend doing it with a friend.
  19. Jan 26, 2015
    Graphics:9/10
    Storyline:9/10
    Online Mode:8/10

Modern Warfare series have one of the best Call of Duty games storyline combined with funny coop missions and a good multiplayer.
  20. Jan 2, 2015
    Great game. Great weapons. Great maps. Good perks. Plenty to unlock. This game is extremely addicting. Maps like terminal are a joy to play in. There's akimbos which is good. The game is balanced.
  21. Dec 17, 2014
    MW2 is my favorite out of the six Call of Duty versions I own; I've been following this franchise since 2007 when MW1 was released. This sixth version of the series didn't miss it's target in any areas as a FPS game is concerned. The epic gameplay runs strong throughout the storyline, spec-ops is challenging and its in-depth multiplayer mode is what made it the best CoD in my opinionMW2 is my favorite out of the six Call of Duty versions I own; I've been following this franchise since 2007 when MW1 was released. This sixth version of the series didn't miss it's target in any areas as a FPS game is concerned. The epic gameplay runs strong throughout the storyline, spec-ops is challenging and its in-depth multiplayer mode is what made it the best CoD in my opinion despite the hackers ruining stats and cheating to this day. If it weren't for the cheaters I wouldn't have any problems giving it a perfect score of 10. Otherwise, there's a reason it earned Game of the Year in 2009. Expand
  22. Oct 9, 2014
    I would give 8, but it's full of hackers, each day the conection is worsrt. IW doesn't give a **** because they want you to buy the new **** cod, that actualy is the same **** because with more problems.
  23. Sep 30, 2014
    Another tremendous excursion and a worthwhile sequel to the first Modern Warfare. Sure, there are recycled sections and there is nothing ground breaking like the first, but it's a must-have for FPS & CoD fans.
  24. Sep 27, 2014
    A día de hoy para mi es el mejor COD. Tiene la campaña que mas me gusta de la saga, breve como de costumbre pero muy muy intensa, un modo coop. con misiones correcto y un multijugador genial. Si no fuera por los hackers que hay hoy en día lo jugaría con mas regularidad, pero aun así no puedes poner una nota baja por eso, el juego en sí es muy bueno.Un shooter adictivo como pocos.
  25. Sep 7, 2014
    this game is a treasure which belongs in the hall of FPS for sure. This is a good fairly fast paced game with fair customizations. COD is known for their multiplayer but the campaign is a great play to.
  26. Aug 9, 2014
    "Modern Warfare 2" is a thoroughly compelling sequel to "Modern Warfare". It boasts a thrilling plot, very likable characters, and an excellent Multiplayer experience. Five years after its' release, "Modern Warfare 2" is still as fun and refreshing as when it came out.
  27. Jul 25, 2014
    This game sucks. Anyone who thinks it's good in any way shape or form is a **** retard. Everyone who plays this game is either a troll or an eight year old squeaker. This game sucks **** cocks!!
  28. Jul 6, 2014
    Da **** Activision has been doing the same thing with every call of duty kill endless bad guys nearly die at the end how did this game get soo good reviews did Activision bribe critics the campaign is boring kill endless bad guys like i said and stop makarov but the multiplayer saves this game from total waste of money its fast paced and very fun (at the beginning) after a while when youDa **** Activision has been doing the same thing with every call of duty kill endless bad guys nearly die at the end how did this game get soo good reviews did Activision bribe critics the campaign is boring kill endless bad guys like i said and stop makarov but the multiplayer saves this game from total waste of money its fast paced and very fun (at the beginning) after a while when you unlocked everything its very very boring overall don't hope for a good singleplayer game if you are looking for a good multiplayer to hold you over until the division or rainbow six siege then buy this game from amazon Expand
  29. Jun 19, 2014
    Modern Warfare 2 is a great game with a fun multiplayer and a great campaign. Yes, the multiplayer is broken with the noobtubes, OP killstreaks and the aim assist snipers but that doesn't prevent it from being loads of fun.The campaign continues the story of the previous installment Cod4:MW so it will not disappoint.The characters are still great, the storyline is great and the gameplay isModern Warfare 2 is a great game with a fun multiplayer and a great campaign. Yes, the multiplayer is broken with the noobtubes, OP killstreaks and the aim assist snipers but that doesn't prevent it from being loads of fun.The campaign continues the story of the previous installment Cod4:MW so it will not disappoint.The characters are still great, the storyline is great and the gameplay is just borderline addicting.If you are a fps gamer, forget all the ignorant idiots that rank this an 0 and buy this game. Expand
  30. Mar 21, 2014
    Actually an 8.5. To me, this has the best online in the series, despite it being unbalanced. (The unbalance somehow make it awesome). The maps are also awesome. I don't why but for some reason, online feels better here than in MW3. As for single-player, the plot was just riddled with movie-references. It also suffers plot-holes. But to be honest, the US Ranger campaign is just amazing.Actually an 8.5. To me, this has the best online in the series, despite it being unbalanced. (The unbalance somehow make it awesome). The maps are also awesome. I don't why but for some reason, online feels better here than in MW3. As for single-player, the plot was just riddled with movie-references. It also suffers plot-holes. But to be honest, the US Ranger campaign is just amazing. Sure it's just another "Russians have invaded the US", but you feel like a real soldier, and that there's a reason to fight. There's an atmosphere of desperation, thanks to the soundtrack. If only the other half of the singleplayer was like this. Heck, I wish the present COD campaigns were like this! So I believe you ought to own this game. The singleplayer is great (at least the US campaign), and there's still people online. Expand
  31. Mar 8, 2014
    My review is solely for the multiplayer.
    My review is solely for the multiplayer.
    Yes, it's unbalanced, but it's satisfyingly addictive and rewarding. Unfortunately, it is the last smooth experience you'll have on a Call of Duty game. The main gripe is about the community; filled with minors, exploiters and hackers. That shouldn't detract from the game, but it does detract from the experience of playing online. Overall, it's a decent experience. It doesn't take long to learn the basics, nor does it take long to discover and accept the discrepancies and faulty mechanics that coincide with this title (every CoD title has them). The experience isn't perfect, but it's not completely broken. Learn what to expect, and once you do realize and accept its faults, you'll have a blast.
  32. Jan 2, 2014
    This game carried on the legacy of the first and came with mixed results. Not much changed except for the tweaks that were troubling n the first. The campaign was fine for the start, but had an awful ending. Overall the plot just didn't fit together. The Multiplayer was carried in from the first with success and had the same result. Some additions were added, but some felt repetitive fromThis game carried on the legacy of the first and came with mixed results. Not much changed except for the tweaks that were troubling n the first. The campaign was fine for the start, but had an awful ending. Overall the plot just didn't fit together. The Multiplayer was carried in from the first with success and had the same result. Some additions were added, but some felt repetitive from the first. The new great thing about MW2 was it's Co-op Special Ops mode. With different objectives, it gave a change to the Modern Warfare feel, but doesn't mean it's as god as other Co-ops on the market. Overall MW2 just didn't bring back the greatness MW1 had, and for that reason it makes it feel like the game that slipped from awaiting glory. Expand
  33. Dec 31, 2013
    The campaign in my opinion is not the greatest but the multiplayer is just phenomenal.One of the best games I've ever played.The guns are almost equally balanced (except the ACR maybe) and the maps are great.Infinity Ward did a freaking good job
  34. Nov 26, 2013
    Modern warfare 2. This game is getting a straight…. 9! Very UPDATED since COD4( the best call of duty in my opinion).
    Pros: Very interesting killstreaks, fun to play overall, doesn't get boring, good fallback game, private match lobbies can be fun when you are trolling random people or just hanging with your buds. Good map layouts, good graphics, good multiplayer, not too much lag( ill discuss in cons), good maps in general, cool killstreaks(ill discuss in cons), and overall a pretty positive online and single player.
    Cons: Some killstreaks are overpowered(Chopper gunner) once, you get one, you have a nuke. lag is really bad at times but not noticeable at times, it depends on your host. Overpowered weapons such as the majority of the submachine guns, Which putting a silencer on it makes it god mod, puts the online newbies at a risk of raging. Hell I even rage sometimes but games like this starting out really give you thick skin, so your able to withstand future Again the hackers in this game.. ruin the fun of it all. frame lag and all that gets a little crazy when a lot is going on but whatever. I am hungry, thats all i can think off of the top of my head, ill come back with more inspiration later.
  35. Nov 18, 2013
    This game is utter garbage, don't buy this, the game sucks as hell, that being sayd, so for that reason i must give this game a 10, did i already say i was paid by microsoft, no, then i say it now
  36. Oct 13, 2013
    Seriously when i look up MW2 it has such ravishing reviews and such praise and is rated one of the top 25 Games of all time?! The game is way over-hyped just like most Call Of Duty games. This is a very basic FPS With little to no variety in missions it comes back ever time to either Protect this thing, Run down this corridor and Shoot all the baddies before taking cover then repeat thatSeriously when i look up MW2 it has such ravishing reviews and such praise and is rated one of the top 25 Games of all time?! The game is way over-hyped just like most Call Of Duty games. This is a very basic FPS With little to no variety in missions it comes back ever time to either Protect this thing, Run down this corridor and Shoot all the baddies before taking cover then repeat that for another 30 times in the same sequence. MW2 is an over hyped Game Not saying its horrible like *cough* Cough* Ride to hell: retribution *Cough* but It is way to over hyped for such a linear game and i clocked in at around 6-7 hours on my run of the Campaign. Expand
  37. Oct 6, 2013
    I'm not sure why critics think so highly of this game. While it is very solid compared to other games in the series, there are still glaring problems that hinder its potential. The on-line play, while still one of the best in the series, is impeded with balance issues and mediocre matchmaking, while the campaign is overly ambitious and filled with plot-holes. All in all, as far as Call ofI'm not sure why critics think so highly of this game. While it is very solid compared to other games in the series, there are still glaring problems that hinder its potential. The on-line play, while still one of the best in the series, is impeded with balance issues and mediocre matchmaking, while the campaign is overly ambitious and filled with plot-holes. All in all, as far as Call of Duty goes, MW2 is one of the best instalments. Expand
  38. Sep 27, 2013
    My brother told me to buy this game, he said it was amazing. Boy was he wrong, this games story mode made no sense to me, it was really boring and it seemed like explosions would happen just so you can see how good the graphics are. The spec ops mode was really boring and uninspired. The only use i have for this game is to play split screen with my nephew. Overall this game is trash and isMy brother told me to buy this game, he said it was amazing. Boy was he wrong, this games story mode made no sense to me, it was really boring and it seemed like explosions would happen just so you can see how good the graphics are. The spec ops mode was really boring and uninspired. The only use i have for this game is to play split screen with my nephew. Overall this game is trash and is probably the worst Call of Duty. Expand
  39. Sep 21, 2013
    Great game. Loved the storyline, and multiplayer was awesome. Always fun to play, with or without friends. It's a shame that hackers took over and ruined it.
  40. Aug 23, 2013
    I know that you don't buy these games for the campaign. It's all about the multiplayer but Jesus Christ, the campaign is laughable and frustrating. If they at least put some effort into the story, I'd be ok, but it's just terrible. The multiplayer is virtually identical to every Call of Duty out there. It's fun but don't get ya a full hard-on.
  41. Aug 17, 2013
    8.8 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

The sequel to the game that revolutionised much of the fps-multiplayer experience had a lot of hype to live up to, and many of the points, it did. The story continued much of the same cinematic drama from the first game, and made a lot of changes to the multiplayer. The multiplayer now has more perks, and more killstreaks to choose from, which is
    8.8 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

The story continued much of the same cinematic drama from the first game, and made a lot of changes to the multiplayer. The multiplayer now has more perks, and more killstreaks to choose from, which is fun. I have found some balancing issues with the game, and so have others, with much complaining on the grenade-launchers and "akimbo" shotguns as secondary weapons, for example.

This doesn't stop Modern Warfare 2 from being a great and over-all fun experience, which in many ways tops the original Modern Warfare game. So if that's what you're after, this game wont disappoint you.
  42. Jul 30, 2013
    Modern Warfare 2 is an improvement on Call of Duty 4. Campaign is short but compelling, Special Ops is a slick package of a variety of mini missions but it's the multiplayer that keeps you hooked on Call of Duty.

It has a lot of depth, killstreaks allow you to do more than just shoot. It's very rewarding and awesome to use. In Call of Duty 4, you only had 3. In Modern Warfare 2, you can only use three but you have 15 killstreaks to choose from.

Modern Warfare 2 introduces several new features, not seen in Call of Duty, aside from new weapons, equipment and perks that upgrade to "pro versions" after meeting utilization requirements. If you're really good, you can get a nuke (25 killstreak) and the person who use it will win for the player, him or herself, or the team no matter who's winning.

Host migration is a bit annoying, since the host likes to rage quit, but it lets you continue on with the game instead of going back to the lobby, where you would lose your victory points and extra exp if you were about to win.

Third person is an option in selected game types and there are new game types as well as the return of Team Deathmatch, Search & Destroy etc. Trophies/achievements is very easy so this game is a good collection for you trophy/achievement whores as there are no multiplayer achievements, though you would need two players for some.

Special Ops has a variety of mini missions from snowmobile race to eliminating enemies. Special Ops is great if you need a change from multiplayer. Graphics isn't the best but it runs consistently at 60 FPS on console. Consistent frame rate is required for competitive play rather than graphics that makes you go "wow" and there are loads of better looking games out there, such as Uncharted as well as Final Fantasy.

People like to annoy you online, doesn't make the game itself bad. If you run into some annoying c**t, just mute him. Simple! People b***hing about trickshotters. So what? They get killed more than they kill anyway. Again, doesn't make the game bad. It's how the player chooses to play. Killstreaks isn't consistent but it's how the franchise evolves. It's one of the best shooters out today so if you haven't played it, you're missing out.
  43. Jul 29, 2013
    modern warfare is the best serie of call of duty and this opus is the best of call of .
    the gameplay is very well
    and the multiplayer is fantastic
    a very good game
  44. Jul 13, 2013
    For me Call of duty had never been about the online multiplayers as i seen many battlefield fans just putting crap on it. but sure the game is hardly refreshed it does bring a much better story line. The story line really gets you in as you want to finish it. Playing split screen was the obvious reason i at time prefer cod over other shooters.
  45. Jun 21, 2013
    This game is, despite what people often say, a good game. It's always been a good game and, at first at least it showed the very best of Call of Duty. What broke the fun of this games multiplayer was the community. Yer maybe IW could have foreseen the problems that would come up but it is just people using boring and irritating tactics to ruin games that screwed up the fun.
  46. Jun 20, 2013
    This is a great game!! The campaign has a great story and an amazing cinematic presentation that I absolutely love to see in games because i think it makes the experience more like a movie! Aside from that it has a series of co-op special ops missions that are great fun to be had with a buddy! Last but certainly not least the multiplayer for this game is ridiculous, addicting and crazyThis is a great game!! The campaign has a great story and an amazing cinematic presentation that I absolutely love to see in games because i think it makes the experience more like a movie! Aside from that it has a series of co-op special ops missions that are great fun to be had with a buddy! Last but certainly not least the multiplayer for this game is ridiculous, addicting and crazy fun! I still enjoy playing this game to this day! Expand
  47. Jun 19, 2013
    This is one of the worst games I`ve ever played. Don`t buy it!
    Singleplayer: The story isn`t good.
    This is one of the worst games I`ve ever played. Don`t buy it!
    Singleplayer: The story isn`t good.
    Multiplayer: One Map was blocked so you only can play it on a hacked server. That`s the second problem, in this game are many hacker and hacked lobby`s/server.. The weapons are not balanced just like the match-making-system. You have to play mean to get bonus experience so many players are camping, noob-tubing or rush with overpowered weapons. In this game are some mean kill-streak-rewards like the AC-130. The enemy players dies non-stop so you get no kills too. That means no one is happy (only the player with the AC-130).
    Sometimes it`s very funny but the bad and aggressive making moments are so much more...
    The developers stopped the support so the game will not get updates.

If I could I would give minus points for this game. Please IW update this game or don`t do mistakes like this again.
  48. May 25, 2013
    MW2 has several issues, but can be ignorable once you see the good in this title. First off, the single-player campaign is fun, yet short, even on hardened difficulty. The MP has small problems, but won't bother you. The weapons can be unbalanced, with some weapons being over-powered and some under, but the MP is very exciting, especially the new Spec Ops mode.
    However, I recommend you
    However, I recommend you rent the title first before you purchase it.
  49. May 19, 2013
    Probably the best COD game I have played. It has a good campaign but its too short. Spec Ops is a good addition to the COD series. For the multiplayer, it has the best pacing, best guns, and best killstreaks
  50. May 10, 2013
    of all the call of duty games that ive played this games beats all (including both black ops games, modern warfare 3, world at war, and cod 4). this game is a MUST buy for call of duty fans. I give this game a 9 because of how the PSN servers are and have been down for about 1 and a half years. Otherwise this is my fav game of all time
  51. May 8, 2013
    5.9 are you kidding, dont listen at all to that score this is one of the best most comprehensive online, spec ops and single player. Much better than 3 way better than black ops. This game is turly great.
  52. Mar 24, 2013
    9-Presentation; The characters and dialogue are well built and the menu's are laid out well.
    10-Graphics; The visuals are just insane. Period.
    10-Sound; Authentic sound effects, amazing voice acting, and thrilling music.
    10-Gameplay; Excellent levels, controls, mechanics, and AI
    10-Lasting appeal; 6 hour campaign with spec ops and infinite replay value in multiplayer
    Overall-10/10
  53. Mar 19, 2013
    Modern Warfare 2 is judged too rashly on its online mode. The storyline continues on from Modern Warfare and, with the help of Price, you'll undoubtedly be begging for more come the end. If there was no online mode, MW2 would no doubt be pushing on that 10/10 mark. But there is unfortunately an online mode, and as it happens, it's the most frustrating online game out there, with a seriesModern Warfare 2 is judged too rashly on its online mode. The storyline continues on from Modern Warfare and, with the help of Price, you'll undoubtedly be begging for more come the end. If there was no online mode, MW2 would no doubt be pushing on that 10/10 mark. But there is unfortunately an online mode, and as it happens, it's the most frustrating online game out there, with a series of bumbling errors, glitches and general annoyances that can really make you more irate than a game should. However, you can't argue with the fact that MW2 is one of the most played, most commercially successful, and most anticipated games, ever. While one can scream the house down while playing it, it will take your pride and self-respect away, but I promise you you'll go back for more. Such is the nature of the Call Of Duty series. Expand
  54. Mar 15, 2013
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is pretty average across the board, It's single player campaign is decent and action packed but it's way too short and it's story is not very interesting at all. Obviously multiplayer is what the Call of Duty series it known for, but unfortunately Modern Warfare 2 is just as much a mixed bag here as well, the guns in the game control well but are not veryCall of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is pretty average across the board, It's single player campaign is decent and action packed but it's way too short and it's story is not very interesting at all. Obviously multiplayer is what the Call of Duty series it known for, but unfortunately Modern Warfare 2 is just as much a mixed bag here as well, the guns in the game control well but are not very balanced and the kill streaks are what kill the game with people just destroying with some of the later kill streaks which makes the game not fun and all you end up doing is sitting in a building waiting for the kill streaks to end. There are better multiplayer shooters out there, save your money and get a shooter that is more balanced, If you really want a Call of Duty game then there are also betters ones out there. Expand
  55. Mar 10, 2013
    I joined the COD universe with this game and I won't regret it in a million years. Fast, brutal, fascinating! One of the Bests of the Offensive FPS games. Length of the story is sufficiently short, spec ops missions are well built, the grounds are varied, anyone can find his/her favourite weapon, and the Multiplayer will attract you back Time-toTime. I know, it's almost the same game asI joined the COD universe with this game and I won't regret it in a million years. Fast, brutal, fascinating! One of the Bests of the Offensive FPS games. Length of the story is sufficiently short, spec ops missions are well built, the grounds are varied, anyone can find his/her favourite weapon, and the Multiplayer will attract you back Time-toTime. I know, it's almost the same game as the other Cods from before, but for a newbie like me it is a good start and in total it IS a good game. Expand
  56. Feb 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Althought it haves a lot of innovation, MW2's innovation is negative. You can be winning 199-0 in a Domination game but if someone in the other team kills 25 dudes without dying, is an instant loss. Perks like Commando (getting knifed from a 10-feet distance really freaks me out), terrible spawns, people that shoot their's grenade launchers throught the map and kill the entire team and the fact that you get rewards for dying makes this game a really broken one, and in my opinion does NOT live up the hype of the incredible prequel it has. Expand
  57. Dec 28, 2012
    This was the game that signalled the downfall of CoD; it over-complicated things and added too much unnecessary crap to the game that introduced the rage-inducing aspect of Call of Duty. What I'm talking about is the customizable killstreaks, of which many were too powerful, and features such as Commando and the overpowered grenade launcher setups when used with One Man Army and DangerThis was the game that signalled the downfall of CoD; it over-complicated things and added too much unnecessary crap to the game that introduced the rage-inducing aspect of Call of Duty. What I'm talking about is the customizable killstreaks, of which many were too powerful, and features such as Commando and the overpowered grenade launcher setups when used with One Man Army and Danger Close. While the game can really make you rage like no other, this was still a highly addictive multiplayer that kept me engrossed and hooked into for more than a full year. Even though it signalled the downfall of CoD, it was still a great game in itself. Expand
  58. Dec 18, 2012
    The game doesn't have the best story, but it does have the best characters not like Battlefield Bad Company where the characters look like cartoons, excellent voice acting, great music, good graphics, average arsenal, controls that are very tight, very nice fighting scenarios and epic moments. This game may not be the best of its kind but it certainly doesn't deserve a score under 6. TheThe game doesn't have the best story, but it does have the best characters not like Battlefield Bad Company where the characters look like cartoons, excellent voice acting, great music, good graphics, average arsenal, controls that are very tight, very nice fighting scenarios and epic moments. This game may not be the best of its kind but it certainly doesn't deserve a score under 6. The game manages to deliver a very fun FPS game. One of the things that did turn me off was the fact that again the game is too linear, there's not much space for any tactical approach really. And the only thing that makes this tittle an M rating game is the killings because there's not too much blood either, to me should a T rating. Expand
  59. Dec 3, 2012
    Debated making it a 0 but its graphics are very good, so I have to give it something. The graphics is the only compliment I will give this game. It is terrible, the biggest let down of a game ever. The game developers could of just reskinned COD4 (which they wisely did it seems in Black Ops 2) and focused on a cool campaign and have taken the easy way out, which is underwhelming but atDebated making it a 0 but its graphics are very good, so I have to give it something. The graphics is the only compliment I will give this game. It is terrible, the biggest let down of a game ever. The game developers could of just reskinned COD4 (which they wisely did it seems in Black Ops 2) and focused on a cool campaign and have taken the easy way out, which is underwhelming but at least you won't pull your hair out playing it. But no, they decided to do a whole new physics engine and campaign which were cheaper in quality than a Michael Bay film. The multiplayer just feels clunky and wacky. The knifing in this game is a whole 90 degrees off it seems, campers rule over half the map, and bullets seem like they were shot out of a paintball gun, not a m16. They added all these new killstreaks which emphasized the problem that the only way you can get a kill in this game is through childish tricks, maybe thats why so many 5 year olds play this. Oh, but what really gets this game all the **** its thrown at it is the terrible community that has infected this franchise ever since nazi zombies came out (not knocking nazi zombies in any way, it just was a clever analogy, zombie outbreak to COD fanboy outbreak) which do nothing but sit in a corner in a video game and take pot shots at you. Do not hope to find any teamwork, because there is none, this game revolves around you running around and hoping that the other guy isn't facing you. Nobody cares about the campaign so there is no reason to go over it. Expand
  60. Nov 26, 2012
    Visually stunning, great gameplay and all-roundly very good perfomance on Playstation 3 - this is one of the best games made on Playstation 3. It's fun (if you don't take it too seriously) and even if you're not a gamer who plays shooters - you still will spend a lot of time with this title online. Plus it has nice co-op content. Single-player is ok but this game is all about online fun.Visually stunning, great gameplay and all-roundly very good perfomance on Playstation 3 - this is one of the best games made on Playstation 3. It's fun (if you don't take it too seriously) and even if you're not a gamer who plays shooters - you still will spend a lot of time with this title online. Plus it has nice co-op content. Single-player is ok but this game is all about online fun. Many strategies, funny moments and tight clashes. It's a game of LUCK and SKILL which is the best combination to make most of players feel good. The only weak point is if you take it too seriously. For competetive hardcore players I admit this has things that will not appeal all the time. But a small amount of luck/random makes everything (wins etc.) much more enjoyable because everyone can win sometimes. Expand
  61. Nov 24, 2012
    A shoddy story where every section is just the same old enemy waiting to be shot, along with his friends. Multiplayer is supposedly "amazing", but a game swarmed with children aged 10-15 with the odd adult is just annoying. If I couldn't hear them it would be fine, but the little **** don't know how to mute their mikes. So each time a new one joins I have to go out my way to mute them. TheA shoddy story where every section is just the same old enemy waiting to be shot, along with his friends. Multiplayer is supposedly "amazing", but a game swarmed with children aged 10-15 with the odd adult is just annoying. If I couldn't hear them it would be fine, but the little **** don't know how to mute their mikes. So each time a new one joins I have to go out my way to mute them. The only above average section here is the spec-ops. Enough said. Expand
  62. Nov 23, 2012
    The campaign wasn't so bad: even if it was linear and a bit cheesy, it still had intense moments. For the multiplayer, the gameplay is really addictive and just simple enough. The graphics are ok but the real downside of this game is the community: campers, hackers, whiners, 8 y/o, tubers. You name it.
  63. Nov 23, 2012
    This game will forever be the pinnacle of the CoD franchise (including the original Modern Warfare). I love this game and played it far beyond it's release date. The only reason that most of us don't play it anymore is because of the hackers that UAV themselves into an orgasm. A sad end to a great game.
  64. Nov 10, 2012
    Perhaps the most perfect call of duty in history. The campaign mode was amazing (perhaps, modern warfare 3 was better), but the thing that make the difference between this game and the others Modern warfare is the online mode. The sniper, the hours you can spend playing without getting bored. This game continues the great way wich modern warfare 1 started, and turn it better. This game isPerhaps the most perfect call of duty in history. The campaign mode was amazing (perhaps, modern warfare 3 was better), but the thing that make the difference between this game and the others Modern warfare is the online mode. The sniper, the hours you can spend playing without getting bored. This game continues the great way wich modern warfare 1 started, and turn it better. This game is the reason why call of duty becomes the bestseller game during 3 years.

The best: Multiplayer, one of the best multiplayers in shooter history. Awesome graphics, weapons variety. Good campaign and good special ops mode.
    The worst: Now, the hackers. The Nuke in multiplayer. Some bugs.
  65. Oct 17, 2012
    While this is a fun game to play with friends, there are some things in this game that will surely disturb many non-hardcore gamers, like the "No Russian" mission.

Aside from that, MW2 is good fun, just not great. It's the perfect game to play with friends, but you might as well play another game if you're on your own, like Bioshock.
  66. Oct 13, 2012
    Yes it's a worn out formula, Yes it's the same thing over and over again. But it's an excellent formula and unbeatable in terms of multiplayer so... Why the negative feedback? Can't understand it...
  67. Oct 5, 2012
    Its a simple fact, Tactical Nukes rock! This game rocks! I would highly recommend that you get a nuke as your first killstreak because they are so fun!
  68. Oct 3, 2012
    Pues yo le doy un ocho. A mi parecer este juego fue el último que mereció la pena comprar de esta saga.
    Y aunque fuese totalmente continuista con respecto a lo visto en anteriores entregas y tuviese una campaña bastante mediocre, no se le puede negar que su multiplayer es excelente (al menos hasta que llegaron los hackers) y adictivo.
  69. Sep 17, 2012
    Really addicting COD. I own this game on both 360 and PS3 and they both are flawless. The Story, Graphics, Controls are all smooth. The Spec Ops missions are a little fun to do after a while. The MP can get frustrating at times but still highly addictive
  70. Sep 5, 2012
    If you can get this for free, a lot of fun can be fished out of Special Ops if you have a friend to play with you. If not, good luck playing because that aspect of the game lacks a matchmaking feature. The campaign is far too easy, with a generally boring plot with predictable twists. The Multiplayer seems to attract a lot of people, but to anyone who has play CoD before, it's just veryIf you can get this for free, a lot of fun can be fished out of Special Ops if you have a friend to play with you. If not, good luck playing because that aspect of the game lacks a matchmaking feature. The campaign is far too easy, with a generally boring plot with predictable twists. The Multiplayer seems to attract a lot of people, but to anyone who has play CoD before, it's just very very familiar. Expand
  71. Aug 26, 2012
    Perfect game! in Multiplayer you can use your favorite attachments and in single player you have an perfect experience with awesome graphics and weapons.
  72. Aug 14, 2012
    The great campaign and the excellent multiplayer, let's not forget, the incredible spec ops make this game a masterpiece. Not only that, but even the sharp controls are a big positive. But, what are the problems? Short campaign and dull graphics. Despite from those problems, MW2 stays fresh and awesome. 93 out of 100
  73. Jul 25, 2012
    Whilst the story isn't as good as its predecessor, Modern Warfare 2 does build quite spectacularly on the multiplayer in the game, and adds the fun Special Ops game mode. However, Modern Warfare is going to need something to make it stand out from other shooters besides its reputation if it continues.
  74. Jul 3, 2012
    I am not going to lie to you, because you should pick this up if you are a fan of the franchise, or otherwise do not have a brain. But, if you are here on planet sensible, you will know that you should instead go out and buy CoD4: Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare 2 is an insulting, hopeless cash in on an alreattdy brilliant game, with an appauling single player, average multiplayer and soI am not going to lie to you, because you should pick this up if you are a fan of the franchise, or otherwise do not have a brain. But, if you are here on planet sensible, you will know that you should instead go out and buy CoD4: Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare 2 is an insulting, hopeless cash in on an alreattdy brilliant game, with an appauling single player, average multiplayer and so full of plot loops that it gives the **** developers more reason to release rediculously overpriced DLC to expand the "story". Couple that abominable experience with the fact that Call of Duty is designed for you to give $80 a year to Activision so they can produce more stuff for you to buy and you have the mess that you got yourself into by buying this rubbish of a game, and the fact that you will have seen everything in the first hour and you will experience more helicopter crashed (with you inside, of course) than Michael Bay on an acid trip. This game really doesn't have any redeeming features except for the barely on par graphics allowing for a steady frame rate, and the fact that the killcams (which you will probably skip anyway) give you something to laugh at. I would even reccommend Black Ops over thi, even though that doesn't even deserve any acclaim. When you buy this and finish the abysmal four hour campaign, you will wonder why you bothered to spend so much money on it in the first place. But, if you DO live in the land of insanity (otherwise known as my brother's mind) then you will enjoy this game until the day you die, probably name it GotY for 2009 and campaign to change the law so that yo can marry it. Of course, if you have five minutes, you just wanna kill **** and you find this game in the shops for $3 then it is also a vaguely interesting experience, until GameStop rings up and asks why you returned it when you were finished with it. Buy Killzone, or Medal of Honor, or maybe a brain, because if you consider buying this, that's what you'll be needing the most. Expand
  75. Jul 2, 2012
    This Game is an overrated pile of Junk. The only reason people play it is for the online. It is a pretty good game...... For a Casual Gamer. When i played it i was really happy with it for the First 5-6 Hours. But it's simply repetitive.
  76. Jun 7, 2012
    I thought this game was amazing. This game did almost everything right. The game was fun and exciting, and the campaign was breath taking. Although, I said almost. The game was not well supported, and boosters were everywhere trying to get there little Nuke emblem and everyone was hacking to get 10th and all of the titles and emblems they could never have gotten legit. The scoreboards where hacked to death and that became useless. The saving grace of the game was the amazing Campaign. The campaign was compelling and the most exciting campaign to finish in any Call Of Duty game.
  77. Jun 2, 2012
    Everytime i want to play a ego i always grab the good old MW2 Box. Maybe only for 2 or 3 Mission, but it has some kind of magic at playing it. Very good balance in the different mission, also the characters are guys i want in my team. Technically it is not perfect i agree, but as i said the balance is really well done. You get a 9!
  78. May 18, 2012
    Trickshotters ruin this game, little kids spinning around yelling in their microphones.
    The game is ruined!
    Really not fun at all because of the kids
    ...................................................
  79. May 14, 2012
    Does MW2 deserves the "Game of The Year" (2009) award? Not really, but It is and was a strong nominee. Gameplay is extremely fun, but the graphics didn't impress me at all. Still it delivers a great single/multi player experience. (9.3)
  80. Mar 31, 2012
    Modern Warfare 2 was a hugely entertaining first person shooter. It's addictive online component was top of the class, presenting a brace of great maps, a ton of customization options and a pitch-perfect control scheme. The single player was massively over-the-top, like a video game version of a Michael Bay film. Heck, you even played out the shower scene from The Rock! But the campaignModern Warfare 2 was a hugely entertaining first person shooter. It's addictive online component was top of the class, presenting a brace of great maps, a ton of customization options and a pitch-perfect control scheme. The single player was massively over-the-top, like a video game version of a Michael Bay film. Heck, you even played out the shower scene from The Rock! But the campaign was all the better for it's insanity and although short, it was also completely awesome and unforgettable. Expand
  81. Feb 26, 2012
    It's official. Modern Warfare 2 is one of the best games of the century. I'll give it a definite 10 for it's amazing graphics, excellent plot, and astonishing multiplayer. If you don't have this, well , I feel bad for you because you're missing out on an extraordinary game.
  82. Feb 24, 2012
    The Best CoD Game and nothing can beat it because of the Intervention and beating Mw3 and CoD4. I would definantly the best game in the whole franchise. The campaign is awesome even though they kill ghost and they put spec ops mode which put a sparkle to this game. The multiplayer was the best in this game and had the best perks, guns, and attachments. 10 out of 10 in my opinion of thisThe Best CoD Game and nothing can beat it because of the Intervention and beating Mw3 and CoD4. I would definantly the best game in the whole franchise. The campaign is awesome even though they kill ghost and they put spec ops mode which put a sparkle to this game. The multiplayer was the best in this game and had the best perks, guns, and attachments. 10 out of 10 in my opinion of this great awesome game in the series with the best System IW. Expand
  83. Feb 1, 2012
    Don't listen to all of these negative reviews, in my opinion this is the best COD game out there. The campaign was good but not great but the multiplayer makes up for it.
  84. Jan 7, 2012
    First let me get this out of the way: there is LOADS of **** in this game the most out of any cod including commando, one man army and the ump45, but other than that, fantastic game. great campaign and multiplayer buy this game if you don't have it.
  85. Dec 21, 2011
    People should stop comparing this to other games, great campaign that tests you on veteran along with a superb online that also does the same. If you are looking for a fun campaign this game is for you.
  86. Dec 15, 2011
    I was going to give this a 6 out of 10 so i give this a 7 out of 10. The graphic in this game were OK. Campaign was good, and multplayer was addictively cool. This is overall a good game.
  87. Dec 15, 2011
    I really sometimes have a lot of problems with this title. The lag sometimes gets insane the hacking is beyond repair and the killstreaks are just plain dumb. I do like to comeback to it and enjoy it like recently but i know in a couple weeks...no a couple of days ill be screamin at it again
  88. Nov 22, 2011
    Call of duty MW2, a true successor of CoD 4 MW, return this time to the war as Soap and new allies, but look no further, the online multiplayer is amazing, new guns and sounds, and amazing new graphics, IW really nailed it this time and deserve a pat on the back
  89. Nov 19, 2011
    So okay, it's repetitive, ugly and the server system is crap. But you'll forget the most once you start playing it. Singleplayer intense, but short. And online is as it should be!
  90. Nov 15, 2011
    This game was a masterpiece in 2009, and still is, also probably tis he last game of Infinity Ward's that was infused with hardwork. Enough said. R.I.P Call of Duty Franchise. May Activision find the guidence of the Gamer God or so, let that Publisher rot and fill bankruptcy never to hurt a video game again.
  91. Nov 14, 2011
    Before I bought it I was so exited about MW2. Let me say that this game is fine. But! Kill streaks were over the top following by noob tubes and quickscopers. Which eventually killed the fun in online for me. Graphics look better compare to COD4MW. Story was going more crazy route which I personally didn't like. Overall it still good game just not as great as COD4MW!
  92. Nov 14, 2011
    It's an okay game. I was one of the probably "only" in the world who got this 1 year late, and therefore i didn't get a chance to get good at the game. Also it seems almost impossible for me to find anyone in the game. None or the less, it seems to be a good game if you can actually play it properly >_
  93. Nov 13, 2011
    While it is pretty similar to the first modern warfare, it does have some exciting moments. The gameplay is the same as previous games in the series.
  94. Nov 10, 2011
    Really good game that sets the bar, graphically, for first person shooters. Alot of fun in the quick campaign. Spec ops is a blast. Mulitplayer is great, improves everything from the first entry in the series. The game feels like its following too closely in its predecessors footsteps and suffers slightly for it.
  95. Nov 9, 2011
    Modern warfare 2 est meilleur que Modern Warfare 3 Très bonne histoire , très bon jeu en ligne !
    Il y a de très bon graphisme (Enfin sava)
    Il mérite d'avoir un 8/10
  96. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is so perfect, Gameplay, graphics, quick scopes with sniper, i love it so much, tactical nuke is the best thing i have ever seen. This game really rocks, best FPS ever made.
  97. Nov 2, 2011
    Para mi es un gran shooter, es divertido, y ahora que han conseguido que vaya estable, me encanta!!
    tiene sus defectos y podria mejorar, pero a mi me divierte!
  98. Oct 31, 2011
    Let's put this in perspective. If you're one of those Halo or Killzone fanboys that gets mad when a Call of Duty game destroys one of your favorite games, don't even read this. However, if you're a regular person who enjoys fun and valuable experiences, MW2 is an excellent choice.
  99. Oct 29, 2011
    a very linear storyline disguised by over the top dramatic sequences that is somewhat a copy of COD4.
    spec ops are mission that are derived from the story mostly. multiplayer has a very unbalanced weapons
  100. Oct 23, 2011
    Modern Warfare 2 was a bit of a disappointment to me because i felt is almost exactly like call of duty 4 concerning multiplayer. on the other hand the campaign was interesting but the only problem was that it was too short.
  101. Jul 22, 2011
    A really generic, terrible, and easy game that was fun for the first half hour. So to start off, I'll talk about the single-player 'campaign'. The graphics are actually pretty good but are only above average compared to title such as Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (which came out in 2007 I must add), Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Killzone 2 and 3, and the list goes on. Call of Duty 4: ModernA really generic, terrible, and easy game that was fun for the first half hour. So to start off, I'll talk about the single-player 'campaign'. The graphics are actually pretty good but are only above average compared to title such as Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (which came out in 2007 I must add), Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Killzone 2 and 3, and the list goes on. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (which also came out in 2007) is still a much better game, with a story grounded in reality making it believable, immersive and just downright amazing. In Modern Warfare 2 the story follows a fictional team of renegade military combatants who somehow manage to gain access to elite weaponry despite being hunted down by the US military. This game took the amazing, compelling and non-gimmicky storyline from the first Modern Warfare and stuck it's mataphorical fingers up at it. The game's story focuses on crappy set-peices and stupid, overused moments of action that get to be boring after the first five times you do them. The story is horribly clichéd and patchily put together making this game a chore to play after the initial exitement has packed it's bags and left. As for length, the game will last at the very most, about 7 hours which is nothing compared to the much better Mass Effect 3, and that's on the highest difficulty, whilst finding all the intel, getting every single single-player trophy and taking you're time to doddle about in the pathetic mission design. It took me three hours to complete the game on regular difficulty the second time I played through it. To be honest, this game is like that high budget, badly acted, heavily clichéd action packed movie that you thought you wanted to see but were left disappointed and had that feeling of 'wow, what a waste of my hard earned money' at the end. This taking into consideration that this game was priced at £55 instead of the standard £40 that PS3 games are today. And for those of you who bought the £120 Prestige Edition of the game expecting an even better, more thrilling story than CoD4 like me, I know how you feel. Sick to the stomach. However the story isn't all that bad. There are extremely good levels to play (the snow airbase stealth mission for example), but they are plagued by disasterous AI and bad particle effects (is there even any?) in the enviroment. If you want a truly story driven masterpeice worthy of a bit of stealth and epic shoot-outs, and you want a game which will last about 20 hours which is a smart and tactical shooter buy Metal Gear Solid 4 brand new for abou £15 from play.com, it's one of the best games out there and trumps MW2 in almost every single way in terms of single-player. None of this is helped by the fact that 40+ members of the great Infinity Ward walked out during developement due to low payment and barely any freedom of developement due to the publishing company, infamous Activision, basically giving them an outline of exactly what the game should be like, with infinity ward just colouring between the lines. Vince Zampella and Jason West, original creators of the Call of Duty series and head developers at the former true Infinity Ward, publicly displayed thier anger at Activision after being fired by them as they tried to escape Activision's stranglehold on thier devolopement of thier game. On to the multiplayer element of this absurd game then. At first the multiplayer was extremely sattisfying and fun but a few weeks in and the main fanbase of brainless 8-16 year old monkeys and idiots flooded in spewing abuse over the mic. in every game you play. suddenly people start glitching the poorly designed maps and exploited them to get cheap wins and kills. Alot of these have now been patched but alot equally still exist, and the ones that have been patched are stupid negative pushing barriers or invisible walls. Just plain lazy. People start using all the unbalanced weapons like the now infamous UMP45 and 'noobtubing' incesantly everywhere. Another thing that cropped up in the CoD multiplayer is a thing called 'quickscoping'. Some fanboys of the series (who will completely disagree with this review, making MW2 out to be the best game that has ever existed) will say that quickscoping is amazing, but it really isn't. you go in a game and you're guaranteed that over 75% of people in the game will be playing with a sniper using it in the completely wrong way. This is an issue. As a long running Call of Duty player and fan of the series
    , I am deeply sorrowed to see the game take the same route as the Guitar Hero series did. It's sad to see what used to be my favourite multiplayer game get gradually worse and worse because of a lack of innovation as the multiplayer is just re-skinned year after year. Call of Duty must evolve or die, especially with upcoming Modern Warfare 3 looking almost identical to MW2. It's for these reasons I will be moving on to the smart gamer's FPS with Battlefield 3.

Modern Warfare 2 crosses into the must-have category of video games effortlessly. It offers an unmatched shooter experience, a compelling story mode, a slick package of mini missions and a multiplayer which is pretty much unparalleled in depth.
    Modern Warfare 2 offers epic gameplay, a stunning Spec-Ops mode and a huge amount of adrenaline.
  3. Despite certain controversial elements, this game is an FPS fan’s dream. Game of the Year? Hell, yeah!