6.1

1. Nov 12, 2010
    If this game came out and no other games existed, then yes, this game would deserve a 10. Sadly, for IW, it wasn't. The plot-holed storyline made no sense. It also lacked the amount of suspense and awe that MW had. It is more of a shooter and less of a exciting COD title. The multiplayer is horribly unbalanced. The perks are shoddy at best. The reactions and physics are very unresponsive.If this game came out and no other games existed, then yes, this game would deserve a 10. Sadly, for IW, it wasn't. The plot-holed storyline made no sense. It also lacked the amount of suspense and awe that MW had. It is more of a shooter and less of a exciting COD title. The multiplayer is horribly unbalanced. The perks are shoddy at best. The reactions and physics are very unresponsive. You can knife someone from ten feet away but 4 buckshots from a 12 gauge won't bring you down? What? Despite the many flaws, I still had fun during sp. Expand
  2. Apr 14, 2011
    I have had this game for awhile, but never reviewed it. It doesn't even deserve to be reviewed. I do not know how this game got high reviews, personally I do not even look at "professional" reviews, because they are all lieing scum. I'm pretty sure that reviewers would of gave super man 64 a good review aswell if they paid them.
    The game is ugly, the sound is terrible, and the single
    The game is ugly, the sound is terrible, and the single player was crap, even the multiplayer is garbage. The people who made this game didn't care that hard working people would waste their money on this crap, they were just in it rush it and make money.
  3. Dec 21, 2011
    People should stop comparing this to other games, great campaign that tests you on veteran along with a superb online that also does the same. If you are looking for a fun campaign this game is for you.
  4. Sep 20, 2010
    Modern warfare 2 is a great game, with a pretty good amount of stuff to do that will keep us coming back for more and more. I personally was a late adopter of the cod4 game, but once I got on I was in for the long run. When they announced a second one coming out I could not think of a thing they would add. I thought cod 4 was pretty much as good as that kind of game could get, and well IModern warfare 2 is a great game, with a pretty good amount of stuff to do that will keep us coming back for more and more. I personally was a late adopter of the cod4 game, but once I got on I was in for the long run. When they announced a second one coming out I could not think of a thing they would add. I thought cod 4 was pretty much as good as that kind of game could get, and well I guess I was right. The game is almost the same game with the smallest changes. While custom kill streaks and more perks is great, those are things that I could see being implemented in a add on pack or something, but the only thing that is dramatically better is the single player. I really enjoyed the single player on this one but was still not without fault. I think they were trying to go for a big blockbuster kind of game but for me to be a blockbuster you have to have everything, and to me it just feels like this game was trying to take itself too serious and were afraid of doing something different. Maybe it was the publishers pushing the developers but the game came out like a modern warfare 1.5 more than a true sequel to me. Expand
  5. Sep 20, 2010
    The biggest follow-up fail EVER. The campaign is solid, but not nearly as good as CoD4's campaign and the multiplayers is atrocious. OMA dangerclose noobtubes flying everywhere, people literally teleporting 80 feet with commando, it is all for the scrubs, and nothing for the experienced players. Things like painkiller which TRIPLE your health make it impossible to spawn trap in dominationThe biggest follow-up fail EVER. The campaign is solid, but not nearly as good as CoD4's campaign and the multiplayers is atrocious. OMA dangerclose noobtubes flying everywhere, people literally teleporting 80 feet with commando, it is all for the scrubs, and nothing for the experienced players. Things like painkiller which TRIPLE your health make it impossible to spawn trap in domination or sabotage anymore. Marathon lightweight makes it ridiculously easy to run around the map in a a second. The The maps are terrible they encourage camping looking out windows., the assault rifles are overpowered, the boosting in Free-for-all is completely out of control and makes winning FFA's now almost impossible. The care package lets people get 11 killstreaks out of a 4 killstreak. Gamebattles have been ruined because of the extremely aggravating "join in session" BS. Sniper shotgun secondaries map camping even more encouraged along with unlimited claymores. Thermals allow people to literally be told where people are. You will be screaming at the TV constantly with this game. Anyone who is not a douche-bag who abuses these things in the game, and did not make the review before Christmas, has down syndrome, if they gave ti above a 6. Infinity Ward made tons of mistakes with annoying glitches like getting under the map in ranked lobbies. It earned the nickname Modern Warfail 2 Expand
  6. May 18, 2012
    Trickshotters ruin this game, little kids spinning around yelling in their microphones.
    The game is ruined!
    Really not fun at all because of the kids
    ...................................................
  7. May 23, 2011
    This game has a user score of 57 as opposed to a critic score of 94. This tells me that it's a high quality game, but people don't like it because they suck. Now whether or not you LIKE a game is subjective, and I'm sure that there are people who actually don't. However, the majority of negative reviews here are just people **** that they got killed in MP.
  8. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is horrible, its loaded with glitches and the map design sucks. Beyond that the weapons are not balanced at all and there is no fun to be found.
  9. Mar 31, 2012
    Modern Warfare 2 was a hugely entertaining first person shooter. It's addictive online component was top of the class, presenting a brace of great maps, a ton of customization options and a pitch-perfect control scheme. The single player was massively over-the-top, like a video game version of a Michael Bay film. Heck, you even played out the shower scene from The Rock! But the campaignModern Warfare 2 was a hugely entertaining first person shooter. It's addictive online component was top of the class, presenting a brace of great maps, a ton of customization options and a pitch-perfect control scheme. The single player was massively over-the-top, like a video game version of a Michael Bay film. Heck, you even played out the shower scene from The Rock! But the campaign was all the better for it's insanity and although short, it was also completely awesome and unforgettable. Expand
  10. Jan 21, 2011
    Thanks to the mindless and downgraded story, a short campaign, a disappointing spec-ops mode, and broken multiplayer, Modern Warfare 2 is one of the biggest disappointments ever in gaming. On top of that, it is just a bad game, and does not live up to the quality that Infinity Ward has given us before. Modern Warfare 2 is a game that even Call of Duty fans should rebel against!
  11. Jan 25, 2011
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is a pretty good game that was unfortunately stuck in the role of the bastard stepchild. It fell prey to the pitfalls of most sequels: most notably that developers simply tried too hard to top the original. That was a mountain to climb, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is deserving of its unofficial title of the best shooter this generation. As a result, ICall of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is a pretty good game that was unfortunately stuck in the role of the bastard stepchild. It fell prey to the pitfalls of most sequels: most notably that developers simply tried too hard to top the original. That was a mountain to climb, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is deserving of its unofficial title of the best shooter this generation. As a result, I think that while things are bigger, faster, louder, and crazier, that doesnâ Expand
  12. Apr 8, 2011
    Ok, let's all be honest with ourselves for a moment: The SP story is B>A>D! Ridiculous, over the top, attempts at controversy abound! Ooooh, how badass! A scene where we mow down civilians... Don't even get me started about the "twist" ending! Utter garbage. The SP gameplay doesn't fare much better. What happened to the well crafted pacing of the first MW? A lot of the action is soOk, let's all be honest with ourselves for a moment: The SP story is B>A>D! Ridiculous, over the top, attempts at controversy abound! Ooooh, how badass! A scene where we mow down civilians... Don't even get me started about the "twist" ending! Utter garbage. The SP gameplay doesn't fare much better. What happened to the well crafted pacing of the first MW? A lot of the action is so overblown that you are usually left with absolutely NO CLUE as to what the hell is going on, let alone why. Same as the story. Wherein the last one jumping around to different locales suited the story... here it just leaves you shaking your head, wondering what the F is going on. VERY POOR. 3/10 for SP. Tops! MP is an entirely different animal, however, and saves the game from being the usual overhyped letdown. MP gets just about everything right. Most of the maps are well balanced. The mechanics solid. Matches are easy to get in and out of. Lag being the only considerable issue here. Why IW doesn't spring for dedicated servers is beyond me! It's not like they don't have the money. Mp gets 9/10. Update: MP was fantastic... right up until it got hacked beyond all recognition!!! Biggest security breach I have ever witnessed! I'm not sure if it's been fixed yet, as I haven't been back in awhile to check it out, but, seriously! Wow! Sadly, the hacking is creeping into Black Ops... Overall: 3/10 + 9/10 = 6/10 Expand
  13. Jul 2, 2012
    This Game is an overrated pile of Junk. The only reason people play it is for the online. It is a pretty good game...... For a Casual Gamer. When i played it i was really happy with it for the First 5-6 Hours. But it's simply repetitive.
  14. Aug 17, 2013
    8.8 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

The sequel to the game that revolutionised much of the fps-multiplayer experience had a lot of hype to live up to, and many of the points, it did. The story continued much of the same cinematic drama from the first game, and made a lot of changes to the multiplayer. The multiplayer now has more perks, and more killstreaks to choose from, which is
    8.8 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

The story continued much of the same cinematic drama from the first game, and made a lot of changes to the multiplayer. The multiplayer now has more perks, and more killstreaks to choose from, which is fun. I have found some balancing issues with the game, and so have others, with much complaining on the grenade-launchers and "akimbo" shotguns as secondary weapons, for example.

This doesn't stop Modern Warfare 2 from being a great and over-all fun experience, which in many ways tops the original Modern Warfare game. So if that's what you're after, this game wont disappoint you.
  15. Sep 2, 2010
    The Campaign in this game is far, far worse than it's predecessor (not World at War, Modern Warfare 1) and the online action is unblanced, with overpowered guns, perks and killstreaks. Spec Ops is great fun with a mate, but alone or with a stranger online is a different story. Buy CoD4 instead.
  16. Sep 8, 2010
    A game that somehow takes Gears 2's excellence in craptastic multiplayer, skullf*cks it, pour lime all over the body, and submerges it in the Pacific ocean. While having a playable SP (if you ignore the awful story) and awesome Spec-Ops, the multiplayer component of MW2 is utter crap. Anything that could have went wrong with the MP did go wrong, from horrible matchmaking to horrendousA game that somehow takes Gears 2's excellence in craptastic multiplayer, skullf*cks it, pour lime all over the body, and submerges it in the Pacific ocean. While having a playable SP (if you ignore the awful story) and awesome Spec-Ops, the multiplayer component of MW2 is utter crap. Anything that could have went wrong with the MP did go wrong, from horrible matchmaking to horrendous balance issues. Matchmaking is a joke, as you will often be paired up with complete morons, whereas the other team is stacked with Clans or users who have no life. The maps are all camper friendly, latency is horrific, often to the point where you will die before you realize you are being shot at. Perks are unbalanced, with some being useless and others (like the Big Three: Stopping Power, Danger Close and Marathon-Lightweight-Commando combo) allowing players to trump any kind of strategy or tactics that one can employ. Most Assault Rifles are way too accurate, allowing for sniper like precision that you can't even get with the actual snipers in the game. Other weapons are too inaccurate to compete with AR's, or are horribly limited in range (i.e. Shotguns). Explosives are used more often than bullets, and are coupled with Danger Close about 75% of the time. Blast Shield is useless against DC users, and Riot Shield users are somehow at a severe disadvantage against knife users in CQC (Two bashes with a shield vs one slash). MLC'er are able to run through gunfire and kill you in one stab. There are no equipment allowances to prevent noob-tube/RPG spamming, and One Man Army allows for users to have infinite tube grenades. Almost everyone spams the Big Three to no end, and Snipers rely on a Stopping Power shot to your kneecap to kill you in one shot, rather than a headshot. Glitches are rampant, and so is cheating. Overall, it's Baby's first FPS, where no skill is required to get a kill and to win the game. Expand
  17. Feb 9, 2011
    This is the first Call of Duty game I played. And to be honest, it was fun. Awesome gameplay, awesome graphics. However, while I think the game is indeed good, I honestly think there are other games more deserving of this game's billion dollar success.
  18. Aug 23, 2013
    I know that you don't buy these games for the campaign. It's all about the multiplayer but Jesus Christ, the campaign is laughable and frustrating. If they at least put some effort into the story, I'd be ok, but it's just terrible. The multiplayer is virtually identical to every Call of Duty out there. It's fun but don't get ya a full hard-on.
  19. Sep 28, 2010
    A really exiting and fun game, the attention to detail is outstanding, and the online play is one of the best around, however there are a few things that annoy me about this game, because it is spoiled by the perks and certyain equipment that ruins the gameplay. All infinity ward care about is taking your money.
  20. Nov 2, 2010
    Neither the masterpiece the media claims it to be, nor the horrible bland game the haters want you to think about it. It's simply a good game that happens to be overhyped. It's still an enjoyable game, just not earth-shattering.
  21. Nov 2, 2010
    Modern Warfare 2 is probably the first direct sequel to any Call of Duty game in the series. The game it lays sequel to is the almighty Cod4 (AKA Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.). Before that game the series was just another shooter to stack shelves with. The multiplayer is where people spend most of the time they have with their games on and this leads to a short campaign but a good oneModern Warfare 2 is probably the first direct sequel to any Call of Duty game in the series. The game it lays sequel to is the almighty Cod4 (AKA Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.). Before that game the series was just another shooter to stack shelves with. The multiplayer is where people spend most of the time they have with their games on and this leads to a short campaign but a good one at that. The campaign delivers moments of intrigue and twist as it goes on. The game play features some unique battles to be remembered. It also features a sniper mission as does the original Modern Warfare because that's what everyone remembers from the original campaign. The graphics in the game are stunning and on par with the best in the industry today. The controls on the PS3 are OKAY and could use some improvement. This is where the review takes a dramatic turn. MULTIPLAYER. The dread of getting a game invite or even the seeing the multiplayer options is just about outrightly scary for many people. The number of people modding and cheating in this game is **** INSANE!!! Also getting screwed over is something everybody will have happen at least once a day in multiplayer. You can call in a bombing run for a consecutive number of kills and you better pray you don't die in it or it's possible that the enemy will receive at least 2 points off you because it's about 75% likely you'll die when you re spawn too. I suggest buying this game enjoying campaign until 100% completion (same goes for the special ops missions) and then selling it. That is all the game is worth playing for, Campaign and Spec-Ops. Expand
  22. Jul 22, 2011
    A really generic, terrible, and easy game that was fun for the first half hour. So to start off, I'll talk about the single-player 'campaign'. The graphics are actually pretty good but are only above average compared to title such as Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (which came out in 2007 I must add), Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Killzone 2 and 3, and the list goes on. Call of Duty 4: ModernA really generic, terrible, and easy game that was fun for the first half hour. So to start off, I'll talk about the single-player 'campaign'. The graphics are actually pretty good but are only above average compared to title such as Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (which came out in 2007 I must add), Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Killzone 2 and 3, and the list goes on. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (which also came out in 2007) is still a much better game, with a story grounded in reality making it believable, immersive and just downright amazing. In Modern Warfare 2 the story follows a fictional team of renegade military combatants who somehow manage to gain access to elite weaponry despite being hunted down by the US military. This game took the amazing, compelling and non-gimmicky storyline from the first Modern Warfare and stuck it's mataphorical fingers up at it. The game's story focuses on crappy set-peices and stupid, overused moments of action that get to be boring after the first five times you do them. The story is horribly clichéd and patchily put together making this game a chore to play after the initial exitement has packed it's bags and left. As for length, the game will last at the very most, about 7 hours which is nothing compared to the much better Mass Effect 3, and that's on the highest difficulty, whilst finding all the intel, getting every single single-player trophy and taking you're time to doddle about in the pathetic mission design. It took me three hours to complete the game on regular difficulty the second time I played through it. To be honest, this game is like that high budget, badly acted, heavily clichéd action packed movie that you thought you wanted to see but were left disappointed and had that feeling of 'wow, what a waste of my hard earned money' at the end. This taking into consideration that this game was priced at £55 instead of the standard £40 that PS3 games are today. And for those of you who bought the £120 Prestige Edition of the game expecting an even better, more thrilling story than CoD4 like me, I know how you feel. Sick to the stomach. However the story isn't all that bad. There are extremely good levels to play (the snow airbase stealth mission for example), but they are plagued by disasterous AI and bad particle effects (is there even any?) in the enviroment. If you want a truly story driven masterpeice worthy of a bit of stealth and epic shoot-outs, and you want a game which will last about 20 hours which is a smart and tactical shooter buy Metal Gear Solid 4 brand new for abou £15 from play.com, it's one of the best games out there and trumps MW2 in almost every single way in terms of single-player. None of this is helped by the fact that 40+ members of the great Infinity Ward walked out during developement due to low payment and barely any freedom of developement due to the publishing company, infamous Activision, basically giving them an outline of exactly what the game should be like, with infinity ward just colouring between the lines. Vince Zampella and Jason West, original creators of the Call of Duty series and head developers at the former true Infinity Ward, publicly displayed thier anger at Activision after being fired by them as they tried to escape Activision's stranglehold on thier devolopement of thier game. On to the multiplayer element of this absurd game then. At first the multiplayer was extremely sattisfying and fun but a few weeks in and the main fanbase of brainless 8-16 year old monkeys and idiots flooded in spewing abuse over the mic. in every game you play. suddenly people start glitching the poorly designed maps and exploited them to get cheap wins and kills. Alot of these have now been patched but alot equally still exist, and the ones that have been patched are stupid negative pushing barriers or invisible walls. Just plain lazy. People start using all the unbalanced weapons like the now infamous UMP45 and 'noobtubing' incesantly everywhere. Another thing that cropped up in the CoD multiplayer is a thing called 'quickscoping'. Some fanboys of the series (who will completely disagree with this review, making MW2 out to be the best game that has ever existed) will say that quickscoping is amazing, but it really isn't. you go in a game and you're guaranteed that over 75% of people in the game will be playing with a sniper using it in the completely wrong way. This is an issue. As a long running Call of Duty player and fan of the series
    , I am deeply sorrowed to see the game take the same route as the Guitar Hero series did. It's sad to see what used to be my favourite multiplayer game get gradually worse and worse because of a lack of innovation as the multiplayer is just re-skinned year after year. Call of Duty must evolve or die, especially with upcoming Modern Warfare 3 looking almost identical to MW2. It's for these reasons I will be moving on to the smart gamer's FPS with Battlefield 3.
  23. Aug 8, 2011
    This is the best FPS game I have ever played. Really good customization and the fun never ends with all the Map Packs. And thats it. All the Negatives are battlefield fans or noobs.
  24. Nov 13, 2011
    While it is pretty similar to the first modern warfare, it does have some exciting moments. The gameplay is the same as previous games in the series.
  25. Nov 9, 2011
    Modern warfare 2 est meilleur que Modern Warfare 3 Très bonne histoire , très bon jeu en ligne !
    Il y a de très bon graphisme (Enfin sava)
    Il mérite d'avoir un 8/10
  26. Nov 14, 2011
    Before I bought it I was so exited about MW2. Let me say that this game is fine. But! Kill streaks were over the top following by noob tubes and quickscopers. Which eventually killed the fun in online for me. Graphics look better compare to COD4MW. Story was going more crazy route which I personally didn't like. Overall it still good game just not as great as COD4MW!
  27. Jan 2, 2014
    This game carried on the legacy of the first and came with mixed results. Not much changed except for the tweaks that were troubling n the first. The campaign was fine for the start, but had an awful ending. Overall the plot just didn't fit together. The Multiplayer was carried in from the first with success and had the same result. Some additions were added, but some felt repetitive fromThis game carried on the legacy of the first and came with mixed results. Not much changed except for the tweaks that were troubling n the first. The campaign was fine for the start, but had an awful ending. Overall the plot just didn't fit together. The Multiplayer was carried in from the first with success and had the same result. Some additions were added, but some felt repetitive from the first. The new great thing about MW2 was it's Co-op Special Ops mode. With different objectives, it gave a change to the Modern Warfare feel, but doesn't mean it's as god as other Co-ops on the market. Overall MW2 just didn't bring back the greatness MW1 had, and for that reason it makes it feel like the game that slipped from awaiting glory. Expand
  28. Mar 8, 2014
    My review is solely for the multiplayer.
    My review is solely for the multiplayer.
    Yes, it's unbalanced, but it's satisfyingly addictive and rewarding. Unfortunately, it is the last smooth experience you'll have on a Call of Duty game. The main gripe is about the community; filled with minors, exploiters and hackers. That shouldn't detract from the game, but it does detract from the experience of playing online. Overall, it's a decent experience. It doesn't take long to learn the basics, nor does it take long to discover and accept the discrepancies and faulty mechanics that coincide with this title (every CoD title has them). The experience isn't perfect, but it's not completely broken. Learn what to expect, and once you do realize and accept its faults, you'll have a blast.
  29. Aug 11, 2010
    ill admit that i liked the levels where i could kill the people we are actually at war with, then when it shifted to the russia and an american as bad guys, i hated it. do we really want to start a real war with russia!!!!!! the single player wasnt even close to as amazing as uncharted 2! well, the part where D C was under attack was also cool, but it was ruined by the fact that theill admit that i liked the levels where i could kill the people we are actually at war with, then when it shifted to the russia and an american as bad guys, i hated it. do we really want to start a real war with russia!!!!!! the single player wasnt even close to as amazing as uncharted 2! well, the part where D C was under attack was also cool, but it was ruined by the fact that the russians were attacking and not the the tuscan raiders we are actually fighting. as for the multiplayer, it was fun but got boring really quickly. plus you dont even make multiplayer trophies like you do in uncharted 2. im still waiting for a military game to satisfy my warrior spirit, maybe medal of honor will. hell yea!!!!! Expand
  30. Aug 14, 2010
    The single player may be way too short, the spec ops may be a bit tiring and seem pointless. But the multi-player always brings me back for more. This game is responsible for dragging me away from other great games, however i must say, red dead redemption broke that trend. Anyway, an excellent game and a must-have for all console games. There are many haters out there, but how can youThe single player may be way too short, the spec ops may be a bit tiring and seem pointless. But the multi-player always brings me back for more. This game is responsible for dragging me away from other great games, however i must say, red dead redemption broke that trend. Anyway, an excellent game and a must-have for all console games. There are many haters out there, but how can you complain, never before has a multi-player experience been so immersive. I'm not a fan boy, i play many games, but this game just stands out on the FPS market. Expand

Modern Warfare 2 crosses into the must-have category of video games effortlessly. It offers an unmatched shooter experience, a compelling story mode, a slick package of mini missions and a multiplayer which is pretty much unparalleled in depth.
    Modern Warfare 2 offers epic gameplay, a stunning Spec-Ops mode and a huge amount of adrenaline.
  3. Despite certain controversial elements, this game is an FPS fan’s dream. Game of the Year? Hell, yeah!