3.1

1. Nov 10, 2011
    This is just a re-skinned MW2 with some new guns and not much else, It's should of been a DLC for MW2 and while they where there they should of fixed that abortion of a game. These guys at IW have again shamed themselves by not offering any innovation at all. The thing I find most laughable is they say they had made the graphics better, Sorry but adding bloom and making things shiney doesThis is just a re-skinned MW2 with some new guns and not much else, It's should of been a DLC for MW2 and while they where there they should of fixed that abortion of a game. These guys at IW have again shamed themselves by not offering any innovation at all. The thing I find most laughable is they say they had made the graphics better, Sorry but adding bloom and making things shiney does not make for better graphics. This game suffers from what all CoD games do, Crap hit detection and poor connection. Expand
  2. Nov 10, 2011
    So I get up this morning and see that Glen Schofield from Sledgehammer games has asked people to PLEASE come to Meta and "Right the Wrong" "suspiciously low" user score for MW3... Hey Glen guess what ???? This is what you get when you charge 60 bucks for a 4 hour campaign and the same dam Multi-player as the last 4 games... So I came to "Right the Wrong" low score... and to make itSo I get up this morning and see that Glen Schofield from Sledgehammer games has asked people to PLEASE come to Meta and "Right the Wrong" "suspiciously low" user score for MW3... Hey Glen guess what ???? This is what you get when you charge 60 bucks for a 4 hour campaign and the same dam Multi-player as the last 4 games... So I came to "Right the Wrong" low score... and to make it appropriately LOWER... The masses have spoken. !!!â Expand
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    I don't understand all the fuzz around this game. It's more and less the same as it's always been. If you like MW2 I think you will like this one. If you want to hear only 12 year old children on your head-set, it's a must buy!! ;-)
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. zero un jeu qui n'en vau pas la peine pire que black ops au revoir caloff bonjours bf3 dice a eu 1 an pour faire un nouveau jeu et ils on réussi vous vous avez repris du vieux pour essayer de faire du neuf mai.....c'est vraiment pas bon et il faut savoir le reconnaitre.....maintenant il va falloir ce mettre au travail urgemment pour essayer de rectifier le tir si cela est encore possible......... Expand
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    £45 for a Modern Warfare 2 map pack is pretty steep... But seeing as all the Infinity Ward creative talent jumped ship and are having to sue Activision to get paid for their work, it's hardly surprising that the Sledgehammer Guys and the handful of Infinity Ward Staffers who stayed behind didnt want to try anything new.
    Here's hoping the guys at Respawn can one-up their former
    Here's hoping the guys at Respawn can one-up their former evil overlords at Activision.
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    Shame on all the critic reviews who are giving this game and 80 or a 90. The fat check from Activision must have arrived in the mail, huh?

This just shows that you can't trust the internet journalist reviews anymore. What a shame. To add insult to injury - now the user rating are starting to creep up suspiciously with multiple 10 and 9 reviews. Just yesterday this game had a 1.4 rating,

To add insult to injury - now the user rating are starting to creep up suspiciously with multiple 10 and 9 reviews. Just yesterday this game had a 1.4 rating, now it's 2.3? Bwohooo! Activision must have unleashed their spam bots!

Review critics & Activision - you are a disgrace. PC gaming fans - stay away from this piece of crap.
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    Signed up just to show angry I am with this game. What the f&%% have they done to COD, absolutely embrassing! You know when the dev of COD is telling people to help the ratings they have screwed up big time.
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    MW2 está de vuelta, incluso peor, porque te sacan 70 euros del bolsillo por algo exactamente igual a lo visto en su antecesor. Lo triste es la cantidad de cegatos y locos que lo comprarán por el simple hecho de ser un call of duty, totalmente desastroso para el sector, pues hay gente que quema su dinero de ésta forma, haciendo ricos a los que menosMW2 está de vuelta, incluso peor, porque te sacan 70 euros del bolsillo por algo exactamente igual a lo visto en su antecesor. Lo triste es la cantidad de cegatos y locos que lo comprarán por el simple hecho de ser un call of duty, totalmente desastroso para el sector, pues hay gente que quema su dinero de ésta forma, haciendo ricos a los que menos hacen y menos se lo curran, QUE INFINITY WARD TOME NOTA DE LO QUE à Expand
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    I bought this game and played it for an hour, then immediately put it on EBay to sell and the next day sold it for what I paid for it. This game is horrible. It is just like its predecessors, the same exact garbage over and over again. I am done with Call of Duty. Waste of time and money.
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    Amongst all of the shooters coming out this season, this one will sell the most based on its viral name...Call of Duty. While standing in line for this game, there are more kids 13 and under buying it than adults. I guess this goes to show that Call of Duty has a new market of gamers. These kids are oblivious to graphical standards and this game falls in line with the Madden sickness ofAmongst all of the shooters coming out this season, this one will sell the most based on its viral name...Call of Duty. While standing in line for this game, there are more kids 13 and under buying it than adults. I guess this goes to show that Call of Duty has a new market of gamers. These kids are oblivious to graphical standards and this game falls in line with the Madden sickness of putting out a game that is exactly the same as previous titles with a few new modes. Shame on them for not releasing a new and polished game and just releasing a revised version of MW2. Expand
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    I'm so disappointed for this game, I believed they made a significant evolution in the game but they practically showed as a DLC, we purchased a game not a DLC! I just purchased & sold this game in 1 day, I'm very disappointed. I'm being serious... I'm sorry but this game is a garbage, lazy developers won't succeed to resurrect this game. Thanks.
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    I want to give this game a 0, i really do. But I have to give it a 1 because playing multiplayer is still entertaining enough although i could have just kept playing black ops. I was beyond disappointed in this game. It is beyond lazy! There were no advancements made in technology, creativity or gameplay. This might as well have come out as an expansion DLC to MW2. If you are consideringI want to give this game a 0, i really do. But I have to give it a 1 because playing multiplayer is still entertaining enough although i could have just kept playing black ops. I was beyond disappointed in this game. It is beyond lazy! There were no advancements made in technology, creativity or gameplay. This might as well have come out as an expansion DLC to MW2. If you are considering buying this, DON'T! Save yourself some money, keep playing Black Ops and MW2. Obviously Activision is trying to replicate the Madden/NCAA football model. Trust me DO NOT BUY THIS GAME for more than $30, in fact you would be better off just buying back your MW2 for $20. I will not buy a new COD until they put out an ACTUALLY NEW game. Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    I gave this the benefit of the doubt and bought it in hopes that it would be better, but no, in fact, instead of being the same game over and over, they're getting worse. It's truly a horrible installment in a once stellar franchise
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    this game is more of the same what they did was a fusion of black ops and mw2 these people have no creativity'm not going to buy another cod game developers and asking people to vote for the game as one is going to give good reviews to a game that is the same
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    The campaign was short. Its story was so generic that even a retarded child can make it. The graphics is worse than CoD4. The sounds are just recycled junk from old CoD all guns sounds like a toy gun. Its streak system become from worst to worstser(i know there's no such word). To make it simple. This game is a joke. Its a CoD4 DLC.. And Cod4 is much better. Save your money and buy other games.
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is a rehash and its pretty much solidifying the fact that gaming is dying. Every year expect more and more of these things to come out, receive inflated scores by paid off reviewers, and for them to break all sorts of retail records. COD is the new Madden of our time, only difference is it changes even less between installments.
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    Blame the greedy publishers for trying to cut corners and not keep promises, they fired the core group of talented developers thinking they could just reinvent with cheaper labor and this is what you get, a game with little imagination, awful multiplayer maps, no flow and nothing original.
  18. Nov 10, 2011
    Copy-paste of a previous title. Not impressed one bit. Some aspects may be fun, however, it gets old fast as it feels completely like it's previous title.
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    I kind of expected the same game over and over with guitar hero. However with a shooter I didn't expect the same game copy/pasted with a 60$ price tag. However that's what I bought, thinking critic reviews actually meant something. Save your money, this is just Activision cashing out at the expense of their player base.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    I dont know what it is. But it seems that I have played this game year after year. I always liked the single player. But it sucked on the lengt. It sucked of all the glitches. It looked many time out dated. And there was not a good story in there. Multiplayer is just like blackops, mw2. mw1 with some improvements. But not as much good of a spec ops mode ass mw2. it did nor live up to the hype.
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    completely broken it takes, constantly get the error, lost connection to server when trying to play a MP game it takes me around 1 hour to get into a game and then when the next map change i lose connection again and have to do it all over again, this game will be traded in tomorrow, p.s i know the problem isnt on my end as i have tried it on both mine and my fathers ps3 with the samecompletely broken it takes, constantly get the error, lost connection to server when trying to play a MP game it takes me around 1 hour to get into a game and then when the next map change i lose connection again and have to do it all over again, this game will be traded in tomorrow, p.s i know the problem isnt on my end as i have tried it on both mine and my fathers ps3 with the same results, and also me other 30+ games work fine including previous cod titles, since this doesnt work for me im scoring it a 0 Expand
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of Duty... Such a great series of games which brought whole new level to FPS type of games. Thanks to CoD the shooters look like they look. So where is the problem??

The problem is the technology. Activision didn't invest any money since CoD 2 to develop new engine (Yes Since CoD 2 its the same engine slightly modified), they managed to improve it up to CoD 4 but then they reached limit of it. Did they bother to develop new one? No. Since that time nothing changed. Same animations of characters, weapons and look of maps. They are trying to blind us through doing stuff like replacing zombies with 2 player co-op, new game mode and few new weapons model, but that's all. If you are going to get that game prepare for disappointment. Activision managed to sink all the way to the bottom of the sea one of the best FPS series in history of video games - Well done! From the king to the street beggar. I think it's time for CoD to retire for couple of years and come up with something new. Single player - stopping WW3 sounds great, you have the same characters (that didn't die) from previous version of MW. Map design is simple - get from point A to point B. Don't worry you won't get lost on the way. Guess why... CoD1 offered several different paths to reach objective and that's what should be restored! I don't care about fancy explosions!

Multiplayer - its just map pack for MW2.

Conclusion? Get different game because this one is worth only half of it's current price...
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    Hugely disappointed. I was hoping for something different and fun, but this game is basicy MW2 with brand new maps and new story... Same crap, different name
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    Quite possibly one of the worst CoDs ever made. Cant even give this points for effort since its clearly a ctrl-c ctrl-v game. all the maps seem to promote obnoxious camping gameplay and some of the guns are still overpowered beyond belief. Unless you're new to the CoD series then I wouldn't even bother with this.
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    I swear to god this is the exact same CoD I have been playing for the last 5 years! Nothing ever seems to change in this game including the predictable and unoriginal plotline. Multiplayer is literally a rehash, very few changes to it except for 2 game modes. People don't spen your money on this greedy developer's game so they can whither away.
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    I for one am tired of being fed the same old tripe year in, year out after being promised so much in the lead up to each game. I have fallen for this rubbish too many times, I've returned my copy of the game and that's the end of Call of Duty for me. Once a superb title that has fallen victim to greed and laziness.

Save your money and buy something that you haven't already paid for and

Save your money and buy something that you haven't already paid for and played before.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    Please do not buy this game. It is one of the biggest wastes of money EVER. Activision makes MILLIONS of dollars off of the COD series, and then puts forth absolutely no effort into the games. They brought in a second developer, and for what???

This isn't MW3...it's MW2.1. It is the EXACT same game. You can't add a couple of new perks (which are horrible, by the way) and a couple of new guns and say it's a new game. Here's a list of things IW copied and pasted from MW2, as well as other problems. The sound effects: There is no difference what so ever. The explosions, which sounded like cartoon explosions in MW2, are the exact same. The voices (with one or two additions) are the exact same. They even say the same crap!

The graphics: It looks exactly the same as MW2, with a few tweaks. Um, yeah, it's been two years, so the graphics are a little better, but they put forth no REAL effort. The maps: Almost every map that I've played is a copy of an MW2 map, with minor changes. Additionally, the maps have major design flaws. There are too many building and other places to camp. The maps are also too vertical. You shouldn't have to look up every second of the game because you're worried someone will shoot you from a window or railing. This is supposed to be a run and gun style game, but IW's map design begs people to camp. The hit detection: Without a doubt, the hit detection in this game is ATROCIOUS. I have to shoot people a minimum of 14 times (at close range), only to be killed by 2 shots in the shin. Excuse me? How can it be so incredibly bad? The answer is, I have no idea. Misc: There's splitscreen, but once again, Activision's developers are so lazy that you cannot sign into a second player's account on PS3. This is absolutely inexcusable. Panic knifing is also back and annoying as ever.
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    I just created a metacritic account for the sole purpose of letting people know how disappointed I am with MW3. This review is based only on the multiplayer, since that is the reason i bought this game. The lag is horrendous and I have a perfect connection, since with Black Ops I have no lag at all. This could be because of the game just releasing and the tons of people online, but still,I just created a metacritic account for the sole purpose of letting people know how disappointed I am with MW3. This review is based only on the multiplayer, since that is the reason i bought this game. The lag is horrendous and I have a perfect connection, since with Black Ops I have no lag at all. This could be because of the game just releasing and the tons of people online, but still, it's bad. The hit detection is awful and probably has to do with the lag. The maps are the worst maps in any call of duty game out, and I have played them all. The maps are small and constricted which promotes tons of firefights immediately, but causes a HUGE problem with spawn killing, where it just makes me angry and really hate this game. The spawn points may be fixed down the road but currently it ruins the game. My next problem is with the stackable kill steaks that are never ending, and you are constantly getting killed by helicopters unless you use a perk to go undetected. I can honestly say, that even though the graphics are better, I would prefer to play black ops over this game just because it is more balanced and killing people just feels better since the hit detection is so much better. I have played BF2 and couldn't stand it, so I always stuck with COD games. Just about an hour ago I bought BF3 and have decided to give it another try. I have always prefers call of duty for it's 60fps and smooth gameplay, but that is no longer the case. MW3 feel incomplete and broken, and most my friends on Facebook are saying the same thing, so it's not just me. The only reason I am giving it a 0 score is because I want the call of duty franchise to realize that they have gone downhill, and are taking people's money based soley on all of the hype surrounding this game. I really do hope they learn from their mistakes, and come out with something better next year, or severely improve this game with updates. I understand a lot of bf3 fanboys have reviewed this game without playing it, but I assure you that I have played it, and I'm telling you to save your money unless they fix this broken game. All I can say is I am REALLY disappointed, to the extent that I just bough bf3 after not even liking bf2... Expand
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    It's not a game, just a DLC. 53$ for a DLC it's a scam, i play it, and i already sell it. The community of COD are just noobs, who think they are smart for buying the worst COD ever.
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    I'm sorry but i played this at my friends house and it was horrible, i seriously cannot begin to describe how mad i am at the developers for simply mixing previous call of duties up, throwing a couple of different things in there and selling it at full price while claiming it is a completely new product.
  31. Nov 10, 2011
    More re-hashed crap, it's sad and very disheartening when companies such as this are so blatently obvious in their scramble to make cash. The game is just about identical to MW2 and Black Ops, hell it even uses the same game engine!
  32. Nov 10, 2011
    Game sucks, nothing new, expected more, game is overated. Read the user reviews, not the reviews that Activision had paid to give them. For the amount of money they get from custumers from the game, map packs and elite, they should have given us a better game.
  33. Nov 10, 2011
    Selling this game for anything more than $20 should be a federal crime. The people in charge at Sledgehammer, IW, and Activision should all be placed under citizens arrest for releasing this recycled piece of garbage and labeling it as a new title.
  34. Nov 10, 2011
    This is just a reskin of Modern Warfare 2, you're better off sticking with the second one. It lacks any shred of innovation over previous games and even though they reused 90% of the content from the last game they didn't make any effort to add more content like a longer single player or more multiplayer maps.
  35. Nov 10, 2011
    Looks like the lost of the original staff of Infinity Ward was a devastating blow to the series. Battlefield 3 is a lot more intriguing and refreshing. It feels like the same old game as in the previous series. When you play this it is like Déjà vu. The hype does not live up to the game-play.
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible. same old same old garbage. wake up players. I bought this title with the intention of getting a game that was worth $60. Turns out that it was just a waste of money.
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of Duty 4.3 is pretty damn disappointing. The swiss cheese plot is cliché, and the multiplayer is copy-pasted. It's obvious Activision is just using Call of Duty as a cash cow now. To think that millions bought this game and millions more will feed money to a greedy publisher through CoD Elite and endless DLC hints at a dark future for the gaming industry.
    I just don't
    I just don't understand how people can willingly waste their money on this.
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    Thanks Activision. I'm highly enjoying my $60 dlc for MW2. What gives? All of my prestige's are gone! Now how will I spawn camp all the 12 year old kids who got there parents to wait in line for there new map packs?
  39. Nov 10, 2011
    The developers completely **** this game up. The map design is horrendous, I can't walk around a corner without getting shot because there are too many places the enemy can come from. There is no recoil on the guns which makes it possible for the biggest noobs to kill you from a distance. There is also not enough health, the amount of time I will shoot someone first and still manage to getThe developers completely **** this game up. The map design is horrendous, I can't walk around a corner without getting shot because there are too many places the enemy can come from. There is no recoil on the guns which makes it possible for the biggest noobs to kill you from a distance. There is also not enough health, the amount of time I will shoot someone first and still manage to get killed is disgraceful. I averaged a K.D of over 2 in the past two Call of Duties is this has nothing to do with my skill level. I experienced more anger and frustration playing this game than joy. The developers have taken the need for skill out of the game. If they did a patch to add recoil on the guns, add health and delete the new maps and just put COD 4 maps on then the game would be fine. **** it, lets all just play COD 4 again because that game was perfect. Expand
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is just more of the same. I couldn't stand the singleplayer. It's like I had already played everything in there before and they ran out of ideas (shocking right?) and they even took the idea of the no gravity section from Killzone 3. Go buy Uncharted 3 instead of this steaming pile of dog dump.
  41. Nov 10, 2011
    Worst purchase this year. Reused assets everywhere. They aren't even trying anymore. It's been obvious for a while that this franchise is going downhill fast.
  42. Nov 10, 2011
    To the people wondering if Modern Warfare 3 would take a hit due to the 40+ staff of Infinity Award leaving, look no further. The answer sadly, is yes. It has taken a huge hit. This review is primarily focused at the multiplayer (which I have loved both (COD 4: MW & MW2). Unfortunate to say MW3 is nowhere near as good as the previous games in terms of multiplayer, with the major drawbackTo the people wondering if Modern Warfare 3 would take a hit due to the 40+ staff of Infinity Award leaving, look no further. The answer sadly, is yes. It has taken a huge hit. This review is primarily focused at the multiplayer (which I have loved both (COD 4: MW & MW2). Unfortunate to say MW3 is nowhere near as good as the previous games in terms of multiplayer, with the major drawback being the map design. With 16 maps included on the disc you'd think there would be atleast a dozen of good quality maps, instead you're met with 16 small, maze ridden maps that have no flow whatsoever. In my opinion there are about 3-5 bearable maps, the rest are so poor even the maps from Black Ops outshine. I seriously think when the **** hit the fan at IW all the map designers left because the 16 on offer are truly awful. Pretty much all buildings are locked out and everything is basically flat, there are no areas to cover your six and it's completely geared toward the Rambo COD gamers that run around like blue arsed flies shooting and running constantly. It is a severe disappointment,. I was expecting this game to not match the quality of the previous two games but even then I was still majorly let down. This is the worst COD MP I have ever played, and that includes COD2, COD4, W@W, MW2 & Black Ops. This is a completely truthful opinion from a big fan of the series, unfortunately it seems that it is now time to leave it for dead (or atleast go back to the awesome MW2). Seriously, the maps are truly awful. I am selling this game as soon as I have finished the campaign Expand
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    just the same old mw1 and 2 why would they charge 60bucks for a game thats 5yrs old with a new story idk but there dlcs are 15dollars a peice so add that together 5 new maps is 50bucks or more and thats all they did with mw2 a complete rip off why not use the black ops engine its newer bad company 2 is crushing this game even bf3 way ahead of there time
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 2.5 ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  45. Nov 11, 2011
    **** game, i regret every penny. Worst Graphics ever, Blurry Dirty maps everywhere, guns all have the same Sound and feel. sniping is way too easy (Long range shotgun). Hit detection is crap , you get shot while you're behind a corner. Air-support by the other team means you're pretty much Fu**ed!. this is solely based on the multiplayer experience . 2 points for the awesome Campaign .
  46. Nov 11, 2011
    I asked my brother why he was trading in Battlefield 3 for Modern Warfare 3, and I told him it would just be more of MW2. He said that's what he wants...
    And that's exactly what he got! I have played my fair share of CoD, and from the moment I saw the identical HUD on MW3, I sighed. This game is the exact same as its predecessor, and yet it will be the highest purchased game of the year. It's like paying â
  47. Nov 11, 2011
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 part 2, is a expansion pack that continues the story of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It also adds new maps and weapons to the very popular multiplayer modes.

wait wait wait.... this is $60+! arent these expansion packs usually around $12. WAIT WAIT WAIT! this isnt even an expan.... *takes off sunglasses* Oh My God. if your into these games pick up MW1,

if your into these games pick up MW1, MW2, or Black Opps, all cheaper and better than MW3
  48. Nov 11, 2011
    C'est scandaleus de faire payer 60 euros pour ça...un copier coller de mw2 et black oups,c'est mauvais le mode solo est pitoyable come MW2...
    Battelfield est 100 x meilleur et je ne suis pas fan du tout,juste fan de jeux video mais la attribué un 17/20 par JVC c'est a mourrir de rire comparer a une Uncharted 3 qui a été coté 18/20 et qui est 1000 fois plus beau avec un mode solo magnifique, MW3 c'est de l'arnaque financière ils profitent de la popularité de COD...
  49. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is rubbish, they (Activison) have been shipping the same exact game for years now and I am sick of it. I am ashamed to have put this money grab in my disc tray. Goodbye Call of Duty
  50. Nov 11, 2011
    It baffles me that people continue to play this game without realizing it's the same repackaged experience since Modern Warfare 2. They've fixed none of the problems with overpowered weapons, perks, and killstreaks, and have done little to fix the camping that is rampant throughout the game. Singleplayer is a garbage 4 hour campaign and multiplayer is the exact same as Modern Warfare 2,It baffles me that people continue to play this game without realizing it's the same repackaged experience since Modern Warfare 2. They've fixed none of the problems with overpowered weapons, perks, and killstreaks, and have done little to fix the camping that is rampant throughout the game. Singleplayer is a garbage 4 hour campaign and multiplayer is the exact same as Modern Warfare 2, but without the good maps. All the maps included are boring and bland and have little redeeming qualities. Save your money and just go buy a copy of Modern Warfare 2, or better yet buy an FPS that actually requires skill. Also, Soap dies in the campaign. Expand
  51. Nov 11, 2011
    Pretty dissapointing, but not unexpected. I really enjoyed the MW2 multiplayer and was very excited for Black Ops when it was released. Turned out Black Ops was filled with boring street-style maps that promote people rushing round with sub-machine guns and leave no room for any sort of variety.

It appears that MW3 has also caved to the masses and taken the same route. Of all the 16 maps none of them allows for any sort of open play except in some rare and very fleeting instances, and one is compelled to run through streets blasting and knifing away just to survive. This may be the definition of entertainment for some, but not me (and apparently many others)

The points I awarded were for the campaign, which is always interesting enough in CoD games
  52. Nov 11, 2011
    Its like the put a SKIN to all other games. This is FAIL. No good games take 6 months to develop. I really hope they take notice. This seem only a money grabbing scheme
  53. Nov 12, 2011
    Modern warfare 2, in a case that says modern warfare 3

Modern warfare 2, in a case that says modern warfare 3

- Only thing this game has going for it, is that it is new and luckily battlefield 3 wasn't any better. This game changed to little from the 2nd modern warfare. I understand the mentality of why change something thats not broken, but come on people, if i pay $68 for a game i want something new. i could still put blackops in and receive the same satisfaction if not more ( zombies). The new survival mode is ok but still does not match up to the zombie modes, and online while fun, makes me feel like I'm playing the old game. Not enough new equipment is available. The new online maps also lose there new feel pretty quick, and then i only have a few months to wait till i have to pay for more (which x box people get to play a month b4??????)
    In conclusion, thank god i have uncharted Drakes Deception.
  54. Nov 13, 2011
    Comment dire ? c'est un copier / coller de Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 ... payer 70 euros pour un " DLC " c'est l'arnaque complète ! Remettre un jeu avec le même moteur graphique et nous remettre presque la même chose ... c'est un honte ! j'appelle ça du " Réchauffé " ! et en plus de ça il veulentComment dire ? c'est un copier / coller de Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 ... payer 70 euros pour un " DLC " c'est l'arnaque complète ! Remettre un jeu avec le même moteur graphique et nous remettre presque la même chose ... c'est un honte ! j'appelle ça du " Réchauffé " ! et en plus de ça il veulent faire une vingtaine de DLC payant a environ 14 euros , c'est vraiment prendre les joueurs pour des pigeons !!! le jeu aurait dût être a 30 euros environs le prix de deux DLC ... et encore ! Je pèse mes mots ! une honte ! Expand
  55. Nov 13, 2011
    I feel like I has Déjà Vu. Whole game is same as it ever was, whole buildings was recycled from earliest CoD games. Physics? Nope. Destruction? Nope. Scripts? Hell yes, tons of scripts. I think This is worst "AAA" title of this year.
  56. Nov 13, 2011
    Despite being a long time fan of call of duty I couldn't take this any more. modern warfare 3 has degraded into an overrated cash cow and a copy and paste of previous titles. Save your precious money by not buying this worthless game.
  57. Nov 13, 2011
    Where should i begin, SAME GRAPHICS, SAME GAMEPLAY, SAD ATTEMPT FOR A ZOMBIE MODE CLONE(SURVIVAL MODE) Team Death match wit dog tags completely trash and all you do is pick up their dog tag after you kill them for an easy level boost, its not fun its boring and the experience feels no different than a standard team death match. Nearly all guns work the same. The environment is made forWhere should i begin, SAME GRAPHICS, SAME GAMEPLAY, SAD ATTEMPT FOR A ZOMBIE MODE CLONE(SURVIVAL MODE) Team Death match wit dog tags completely trash and all you do is pick up their dog tag after you kill them for an easy level boost, its not fun its boring and the experience feels no different than a standard team death match. Nearly all guns work the same. The environment is made for campers as like the typical cod series has been there's no fun to it at all its the SAME GAME NOTHING NEW AT ALL FROM THE SECOND YOU PUT THE GAME IN YOU HAVE THE FEELING OF NOSTALGIA. I mean com on you could at least change the menu screens up!!! everything is the same and to charge 60$!!!! you really have to ask your self this question what are you missing out when there's so many other great games giving you a new experience when this one hasn't changed at all. Uncharted 3,SKYRIM,BATMAN, ASSASSINS CREED ALL THESE GAMES> OVER MW3. Expand
  58. Nov 13, 2011
    Not much new with MW3, small maps without many variations in elevation, the maps do not have many large open spots to create a challenge. Just a cheesy expensive expansion pack that somehow sucked in the game reviewer sites into rating it high. The elite service that sucked so many in doesn't work and it to is also expensive with awful customer service( the didn't realize with projectedNot much new with MW3, small maps without many variations in elevation, the maps do not have many large open spots to create a challenge. Just a cheesy expensive expansion pack that somehow sucked in the game reviewer sites into rating it high. The elite service that sucked so many in doesn't work and it to is also expensive with awful customer service( the didn't realize with projected $400,000,000 in sales that there was a demand). I can hardly wait to see what the guys that left come up with next, that game is one the I am interested in. Expand
  59. Nov 13, 2011
    I'm very disappointed with modern warfare 3, this should have been a 1200msp dlc expansion pack.
    I gave the game a 1 because a lot of the annoying perks/killstreaks/weapons were removed.
    Nothing new here, critics seem to be afraid to give an honest opinion/score, I hope the devs and publisher read our reviews and get the hint.
  60. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is just like every Call of Duty after MW. Not worth the money... just play MW again its exactly same as this game and any other COD.. buying this would be like buying the same movie 5 times. Stupid Stupid Stupid. Activision is one really sad company.
  61. Nov 13, 2011
    Here's the problem; worst map design to date, copypasta content from mw2, horrid netcode. Game controls dumbed down to eliminate all skill and deliver most arcade like fps ever. Nothing mode then Activision milking the MW name to rip off millions of loyal customers with 100-60 dollar patch.
  62. Nov 13, 2011
    weak, WEAK, w3aK .. half attempted, crap.. sa as old.as codeefour. ,, Is this the demise of tonyhawk. re[written> ? activision,, kills franchises...
  63. Nov 13, 2011
    I have never felt more used in all my life. All of activisions misleading advertising made me believe they had produced a new and exciting game and I now feel like they have raped me. This is NOT a new game. Don't let them bully you into believing it with all there CASH PAID professional reviews. It is MW2 with minor tweaks and new maps. MW3 is a cash cow and nothing more.
    What hurts the
    What hurts the most is I loved the COD series until it finally hit me. Its the same game after all these years.

Please. Don't buy this game. Save you hard earned money on something else like Uncharted 3, Skyward Sword or Skyrim. FPS is DEAD.
  64. Nov 13, 2011
    Allow me to start with the pros, Modern Warfare 3 boasts a whopping 60 frames per second, A legion of mutiplayer followers, and a lot of my friends, that being said... This iteration of Call of Duty takes the cake for the worst game to date. I hear many arguments about Activision VS Treyarc(h? I can't quite remember currently how to spell it) but this is honestly just a rehash of ModernAllow me to start with the pros, Modern Warfare 3 boasts a whopping 60 frames per second, A legion of mutiplayer followers, and a lot of my friends, that being said... This iteration of Call of Duty takes the cake for the worst game to date. I hear many arguments about Activision VS Treyarc(h? I can't quite remember currently how to spell it) but this is honestly just a rehash of Modern warfare 2, with bad graphics, awful maps and little to no gun variation, and there is no innovation, it's like a big middle finger to anyone that was looking forward to playing this game at all...
    I run this game on a 1080i HD screen, and the graphics, honestly look cartoony to me, there's a sepia/beige overtone to almost every map, and the entire game just looks... off. The guns come off as rough, bulky and just plain ugly, with about 6 of them in each category. The attachments while varied(For this game) look the same on every gun, I.E. My ak47 red dot looks exactly like every other red dot scope this adds to a bulky SMG, in the middle of my line of sight and it's ugly!
    The maps themselves feel and play very weird, I mean it's like they wanted to get rid of camping but instead, made a game where the only way to play well is to camp like there's no tomorrow. You're consistently getting shot in the back and, when you're not you're getting sniped. The respawning is horrible, I've literally respawned next to an opponent in almost every match and when playing hardcore this creates moments when you're waiting to respawn more then you're playing the game. So while it seems like they tried to lessen camping, it made the need for camping even greater. Not to mention the fat that these maps are so... Narrow, there are barely any open places (think nuketown). And my biggest complaint is that they all look the same Cluttered with some destroyed vehicle sitting in the middle of the field sprinkle some sepia here, or add snow there, boom done. It's like being punched over and over again.
    I compare this game to black ops because I played Black ops multiplayer a lot more then other COD Multiplayer, and in black ops there were a ton of guns, a ton of camos for your gun, and better yet the guns looked different, I knew what the hell the commando looked like (and thought it was cool as **** too, a circle gun? **** YES!) I knew what the AK looked like, the famas the galil, within days of playing I could tell every assault rifle apart from others... In Mw2... I mean 3, They all look the same, with some black handle sticking out of them. the biggest variation is the Ak47 which looks (Slightly) different from most other guns. There is very little camo variation (WHYISTHIS?)
    Other faults (that I've found)
    They brought back quick scoping (THISIZSOFAKIWANTTOSHOOTMYSLFWHNEVRISEEEeeeeeIT)
    Massive connection problems and glitches
    Spec ops is not Zombies, will never be Zombies and should stop trying to be zombies. (I don't understand why they don't just add in zombies too...)
    There's something off in the aiming, I'll be using a sniper rifle across the map (yes i snipe, because I have to) and have someone dead to rights, shoot and miss, how do i miss your chest? and then get quckscoped in the face... The perks... I personally do not like any of the perks...
    JUGGERNAUT
  65. Nov 13, 2011
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the same as MW2 i'm sorry i don't see no change in the game $60 down the drain. Infinity Ward & Sledgehammer Games took previous game ideas like COD4-old red dot site/World at War- bouncing betty/ MW2- The engine, animation, shaded color, movement & ect../Black Ops-Perks idea. Infinity Ward & Sledgehammer don't go no further and Activision please Call ofCall of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the same as MW2 i'm sorry i don't see no change in the game $60 down the drain. Infinity Ward & Sledgehammer Games took previous game ideas like COD4-old red dot site/World at War- bouncing betty/ MW2- The engine, animation, shaded color, movement & ect../Black Ops-Perks idea. Infinity Ward & Sledgehammer don't go no further and Activision please Call of Duty is not your lord & savior
    BRING JASON WEST & VINCE ZAMPELLA BACK TO TAKE CONTROL OF THIS FRANCHISE.
  66. Nov 13, 2011
    The first CoD: Modern Warfare was a great game, all the others are just expensive map packs. There's absolutely no innovation, that's the sad truth; Activision destroyed this franchise. Don't ever waste your money on it.
  67. Nov 13, 2011
    Its the same game as modern warfare 4. I cant believe the developers are actually charging full price for this garbage. It would have made sense to maybe make this a 30 dollar expansion,Being that the campaign is only 4-5 hours long, and the muti-player is simply a few tweaks here and there. Do your self a favor and put your money into something else
  68. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is just a re-hash of the MW2. Utter piece of crap, typical Activision, greedy. There is no change. Yet the drones will buy in millions. Dont get the fan following of this stupid game. Bf3 aint so hot either, but far better than this.
  69. Nov 14, 2011
    They made this game for 2 years and I see no difference either in the menu or HUD. It's as if they gave you a steak at a restaurant with a microwave.
  70. Nov 14, 2011
    It makes me sick that thousands of people buy call of duty every year. The people at Infinity Ward struck gold with the kickass formula of CoD 4 but once they they started making money I guess they decided that they would never change anything in their games ever again. It's sad that this developer has stopped all of the innovation that made the original modern warfare so popular in theIt makes me sick that thousands of people buy call of duty every year. The people at Infinity Ward struck gold with the kickass formula of CoD 4 but once they they started making money I guess they decided that they would never change anything in their games ever again. It's sad that this developer has stopped all of the innovation that made the original modern warfare so popular in the first place. Expand
  71. Nov 14, 2011
    It's unfortunate, I really like how the game came out for the most part, especially now that a patch came out to improve the matchmaking, it still has problems but it's something I can ignore. What I can't ignore though is the fact that the game is so buggy, when I'm playing at least once per game there's moments where the frame lag completely freezes everything and i end up respawningIt's unfortunate, I really like how the game came out for the most part, especially now that a patch came out to improve the matchmaking, it still has problems but it's something I can ignore. What I can't ignore though is the fact that the game is so buggy, when I'm playing at least once per game there's moments where the frame lag completely freezes everything and i end up respawning somewhere realizing that i died during that. To top it off there are games where even when it says everyone has a 4 bar connection hit detection is ridiculously off. The serious problem here is that my friends who have xbox said they don't ever have problems like this. I know that activision is sucking microsoft's *#&@ but this is no excuse to completely #&@& over the people spending the same amount of money on their game. Expand
  72. Nov 14, 2011
    Absolute **** That's modern Warfare and just like to add Robert Bowling .. GO **** YOURSELF ^.^ lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaalalalalalalalalalalalalallaalalalalalalalalalalalal

Worst game i have ever played, boring, recycled, lame, **** nothing new game. Great Job Infinity Ward wouldn't expect anything more.
  73. Nov 14, 2011
    Si con esto le quieren hacer competencia a Battlefield 3 (JUEGAZO) pobre de ellos que se quedan corton... Sigan haciendo Spiderman que es lo unico que saben hacer
  74. Nov 14, 2011
    Don't waste your money on this really bad game. It's underdeveloped and made by the same old companies. Just don't get it. Multiplayer is the same **** every year. Overpowered guns, whimsy kids who have really bad parrants, and just general slow paced gameplay if you could even call it that.
  75. Nov 14, 2011
    More than a game, it seems an expansion of modern warfare 2, 18 players? no dedicated servers? lag? ¬ ¬ battlefield 3 is a real breakthrough, and the call of duty series no progress at all
  76. Nov 14, 2011
    same **** same company different year. these money whores don't even deserve a game rating above 0 cos they probably payed all the reviewers to give at least decent reviews. any1 who honestly likes this game and has not been payed needs to uninstall life and check for brain tumours.
  77. Nov 14, 2011
    Multiplayer in this game is massively disappointing. As someone who never played any COD games before Black Ops, I can't comment on its similarities to MW2. Still, compared to Black Ops, gameplay in MW3 is inferior. While there are some interesting new features in strike packages and weapon proficiencies, it seems like these came at the expense of enjoyable gameplay. The graphics are dullMultiplayer in this game is massively disappointing. As someone who never played any COD games before Black Ops, I can't comment on its similarities to MW2. Still, compared to Black Ops, gameplay in MW3 is inferior. While there are some interesting new features in strike packages and weapon proficiencies, it seems like these came at the expense of enjoyable gameplay. The graphics are dull and drab, and there is very little contrast between enemies and backgrounds, so campers can sit and pick players off from across the map with impunity. The crosshairs and hit markers are nearly invisible, another example of poor contrast. Even worse, there are no audible hit markers (as there are in Black Ops), so you can't even tell if you're hitting your enemy until either he dies, or you do. The weapon and ambient sounds are pathetic and nondescript, compared to the formerly distinct reports from each firearm. Furthermore, for some reason, the developers scrapped the ability to dive to prone. The Bluetooth connection is choppy, joining friends is awkward and painstaking, and good luck getting into a lobby in under 120 seconds with more than 1 person in your party. Playercards, which were a fun way to customize your profile, have given way to juvenile images and banners. Combat record - the ability to track your recent games or compare your progress to that of your friends - will now cost you a $50 subscription to the Elite service. Multiplayer, the main reason many players buy this game, is a wholly unsatisfying experience. As opposed to being fun and addictive, it's frustrating and repulsive. Tonight marked the third time since buying the game that I've gotten fed up, ejected the game, and replaced it with my tried-and-true Black Ops disc. While Black Ops has its flaws, they aren't nearly as fatal as those in MW3. Expand
  78. Nov 15, 2011
    The definition of insanity is said to be trying the same thing over and over again with the hope of a different outcome in the end. I'm afraid that all Infinity Ward produced games fall within this criteria for myself and many. They certainly set the bar for all first person shooters, ever, with COD4 but sadly have been seemingly living off that reputation for far too long. The storylineThe definition of insanity is said to be trying the same thing over and over again with the hope of a different outcome in the end. I'm afraid that all Infinity Ward produced games fall within this criteria for myself and many. They certainly set the bar for all first person shooters, ever, with COD4 but sadly have been seemingly living off that reputation for far too long. The storyline in my opinion is where MW3 stands up and counts for itself. Gripping story and great action scenes conclude, in my opinion, a great overall story. However the multiplayer, not for the first time, feels unbalanced, SMGs are favoured in every single scenario and frankly the entire online gameplay feels the same as MW2's. Now many people are arguing "This is a sequel to MW2 it should be the same, and i disagree wholeheartedly. Look, for example, at Uncharted. Each game is SIMILAR but never the same, never tedious frustrating or boring and 4-5 hour campaign aside, I'm afraid that's all MW3 is. Furthermore, looking at ALL of the critic reviews you realise that either these critics are playing the series for the first time or, as many suspect, the larger companies simply pay off reviewers. In summary, Infinity Ward have slapped a new label on Modern Warfare again, go buy CoD4 it will save you around ââ Expand
  79. Nov 15, 2011
    story mode is good, but the online mode is harmful compared to its predecessor. especially in fluency.
    and to rescue me from the previous game things seem bad, such as trucks from the streets. wrong wrong wrong.
  80. Nov 15, 2011
    The same game they have been selling us for the last 5 years, once again. At least in previous editions, the game was not original (it has never been), but now the amount of props, models, and other stuff reused is frankly amazingly big. It'd be ashamed if i was responsible of this franchise, they've been scamming us for years, making a game not for the love for gaming, or innovation, butThe same game they have been selling us for the last 5 years, once again. At least in previous editions, the game was not original (it has never been), but now the amount of props, models, and other stuff reused is frankly amazingly big. It'd be ashamed if i was responsible of this franchise, they've been scamming us for years, making a game not for the love for gaming, or innovation, but for money, and money alone. Every CoD game is a clone of the previous, and finally people have realized. Expand
  81. Nov 15, 2011
    really bad game, no one should by something like this again and again and over again, its the same anyways everytime, so why don't you play games that r made by some ppl that know what they do just like battlefield 3 ? =)
  82. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm not giving this a one to be obnoxious. I'm simply stating a fact. I like many others bought modern warfare 1 and was blown away by the "revolution" . After a disappointment in world at war I bought modern warfare 2 in high hopes that it would be a worthy sequel, which it kind of was...it added many features tightened the multiplayer and continued the story. I was willing to overlookI'm not giving this a one to be obnoxious. I'm simply stating a fact. I like many others bought modern warfare 1 and was blown away by the "revolution" . After a disappointment in world at war I bought modern warfare 2 in high hopes that it would be a worthy sequel, which it kind of was...it added many features tightened the multiplayer and continued the story. I was willing to overlook the fact that it was ALMOST the same game, they were coming dangerously close to over saturating the series. Inevitably this happened a year later with black ops which was pretty much a clone of all that had been done before. After all this nonsense we hoped for a glimmer, modern warfare 3...a game which we all hoped would live up to the legacy. Unfortunately all modern warfare 3 really is is and exact replica of all that made up modern warfare 1 and 2. Nothing truly original was added to the experience. Activision has gotten all kinds of greedy. Forcing out games yearly at a full retail price knowing full well they are selling an unworthy product...not taking into account whether or not the consumer is getting what they paid for. The fact that the fans will buy it is apparently enough to justify tossing together some explosions and new maps and putting a new number on the end. All I ask is why? I am not a fan boy of one gaming device or the other, or one gaming series or another, just someone who doesn't understand why this is not only acceptable to you fans, but you will actually defend the games quality. Nothing is truly different about this game then the other major call of duty releases every year since 2007, nothing was stopping them from releasing small packages, more maps, more modes...nothing. Instead they put together not an inferior product, but a slap in the face. All of this has been done before. I've bought this before. You've bought this before. Before you think of buying this garbage and support these publishers who think it's ok to take advantage of loyal fans...think of what you could do to force them to make a modern warfare game that truly lives up to the standards of todays games. Was this much of a review? Not so much...not a rant either. I just want people to realize that the graphics are outdated, story still generic, game play rough, sound poor, and multiplayer virtually unchanged not because they can't but because they wont. Take a stand. Play your last call of duty if you have to a little longer until they see they can't treat people like dirt anymore. If you read this far I hope you see where I'm coming from and live up to my hopes that we will one day see a modern warfare 4 WORTH praising, not this thrown together mess, thank you. Expand
  83. Nov 15, 2011
    Same Game, same engine. I really felt like I was playing a DLC. At some point innovation needs to rear its ugly little head. You thought they were going somewhere with this game when CoD 2:United offensive ex-pack hit. It had bigger maps with vehicles, and also great tdm if you werent into the domination style gameplay. Unfortunetly it has turned into this, no team play, every man forSame Game, same engine. I really felt like I was playing a DLC. At some point innovation needs to rear its ugly little head. You thought they were going somewhere with this game when CoD 2:United offensive ex-pack hit. It had bigger maps with vehicles, and also great tdm if you werent into the domination style gameplay. Unfortunetly it has turned into this, no team play, every man for themselves game play. Start over, quit rehashing this franchise just because you have the paying customers by the go nads. Expand
  84. Nov 15, 2011
    Honestly, i didn't find the campaign too interesting... just slightly over the top like most COD campaigns. The game mechanics are too similar to MW2 and the look and game play ... well literally there is no difference. overall very poor and i wish i spent my money on skyrim.
  85. Nov 16, 2011
    Once again Activision releases an abomination under the the name of CoD. A shameless copy of previous installments selling for $70. Of course Activision wouldn't be Activision without releasing a ton of PAID DLC. Which of 80% was already on the disc. They are the cancer of the gaming-industry. And before people go calling me names and calling me a Battlefield 3 fanboy, I don't likeOnce again Activision releases an abomination under the the name of CoD. A shameless copy of previous installments selling for $70. Of course Activision wouldn't be Activision without releasing a ton of PAID DLC. Which of 80% was already on the disc. They are the cancer of the gaming-industry. And before people go calling me names and calling me a Battlefield 3 fanboy, I don't like Battlefield 3 either. It's overhyped as hell, just like MW3. The fact that this game receives an average score of 89 says enough about the critics. They were either payed to review this piece of crap or someone else forced them to write the article. Let's just hope Activision goes bankrupt soon. It will be better for everyone loving games Expand
  86. Nov 16, 2011
    Same old, same old. You can't expect that by adding 4 million new things to multiplayer it will be improved in any way. It's just a way of saying oh look at me, look how complex and multi-faceted I am. And asking people to vote one here because the user score was looking low? That's not good... not good at all...
  87. Nov 19, 2011
    I know I'm probably jumping on the band wagon here, but I just can't believe this game was actually published. It seems as though no one put any insite into this game whatsoever. All the bang for your buck just was and repeat.
  88. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is rehashed garbage. If anything, it should have been DLC for Modern Warfare 2. Activision is just grabbing people's money. The graphics are exactly the same as MW2, and the story is cliche and boring. Waste of time and money.
  89. Nov 20, 2011
    Not worth the time of day. Go buy a better game then this mindless shootem up. Games like this are turning everyone into mindless drones. Challenge your mind and play a little Myst. Scare yourself and play some Resident Evil. Live in an action movie with Uncharted 3. The point is go play something different for once and stop giving your time to these modern military first person cut andNot worth the time of day. Go buy a better game then this mindless shootem up. Games like this are turning everyone into mindless drones. Challenge your mind and play a little Myst. Scare yourself and play some Resident Evil. Live in an action movie with Uncharted 3. The point is go play something different for once and stop giving your time to these modern military first person cut and paste games. If these keep getting more popular the gaming community will get more and more stupid. Before long you'll have Spec Ops in Mario and Zelda. Just look at Resident Evil: Operation SOCOM as an example. Stop buying this mindless trash please so good videogames will get made again. Expand
  90. Nov 20, 2011
    This map pack was pretty good in terms of content but not in price. $60? That's like a new game with just a few new maps and kill-streaks. Should of been priced at $30 maximum.
  91. Nov 20, 2011
    Why on earth would Call of Duty get a 0? I'll tell you why...

Why on earth would Call of Duty get a 0? I'll tell you why...

Once again (as with the past 3 iterations) the Call of Duty online multiplayer (you know, part of the game that everyone buys CoD for), is once again broken. Major issues with players teleporting from place to place, rubber-banding lag, nerfed guns and grenades, broken hit detection, lag-switching, and other glitches or exploits that some players have already discovered and are taking advantage of. These problems have been evident since MW2 (MW1 didn't start having these problems until late in its life cycle). If you're looking for a fast, fun, competitive online multiplayer experience then look elsewhere. CoD has gone down the tubes. When a $59 dollar game, one that is supposed to be the best selling game of all time, is broken such as CoD MW3 is, people should be honest and report it. There is no reason or excuse why CoD MW3 should have all of these issues arising with every new game in the series that is released. The single player really doesn't add much to the world of FPSes... want a good single player call of duty? Play CoD 2, or Modern Warfare 1.

As everyone knows though, people play this for the multiplayer, and with an audience as large as the CoD audience, there is no reason why the multiplayer should be this terrible, period!

A gamer cannot appreciate graphics, sound, and most importantly the gameplay, when that gameplay is broken. The experience leaves a absolutely disappointing and awful impression. Apparently, hoping for a game that was as good Modern Warfare 1 has become a exercise in futility and MW3 only proves that things can only get works with CoD under publisher Activision.

Recommendation:

Do not buy this game! Rent it, play through the single player if you're even remotely interested in the campaign, and then take this garbage back to the place where you rented it. You'll thank me later.
  92. Nov 20, 2011
    I am in most awe about how much money infinity ward will be robbing from all the people that will be purchasing this game. The amount of disappointment I have in this half-ass attempt at updating MW2 can best be expressed by the fact that I sold it no more than 3 hours after purchase. If Infinity Ward is not already embarrassed by their "finished product" then they should be. And theI am in most awe about how much money infinity ward will be robbing from all the people that will be purchasing this game. The amount of disappointment I have in this half-ass attempt at updating MW2 can best be expressed by the fact that I sold it no more than 3 hours after purchase. If Infinity Ward is not already embarrassed by their "finished product" then they should be. And the excuses about how a bunch of their staff went to Respawn and their short development time are just that; excuses. If you don't think you can develop a quality game with the resources you have then either push back the release date or don't charge full price. For their blatant dishonesty and what I consider to be disrespect towards their customers, I will never buy a full priced game from Infinity Ward again. But, after seeing how this game was received, there might not be many more to come... Expand
  93. Nov 20, 2011
    This game gets a 1 from me, there appeared to be no ambition in it being made and while it did engross me a little bit there was no character development anywhere for anybody, Sandman could have been such a cool ice cold character, the two other delta force guys could have been awesome too, but they were all just bland characterless shells moving you through the game.
    When you compare that
    When you compare that to the squad in MW1 when you are defending the farm desperately, or MW2 when you are being commanded by Foley, when Ghost takes control on top of the tower in Contingency you get a real Call of Duty moment - or shall we call that an 'Infinity Ward before they fired the entire creative and development team moment'?

Sledgehammer did a pathetic job at making this a Call of Duty game, they did nothing new, they did nothing ambitious, they were given the biggest game to come along for years and they blew it with bad writing, bad ideas (or no ideas at all) and some truly stupid scenes, mirroring a scene once is a good idea, doing it 4-5 times in the same game is just insanity.

It gets a 1 because the voice acting is not as much of an atrocity as the rest of this game, the script is terrible, but the actors did the best they possibly could.
  94. Nov 20, 2011
    I legitimately did not think the game was very good. Same old stuff that I got bored with back in the MW2 days. However, I wasn't going to give it a 0 until IGN insisted on writing TWO full articles crying about "Metacritic trolling." Sorry not everyone agrees with you, IGN.
  95. Nov 20, 2011
    lag lag lag. This game makes black ops look like it has dedicated servers. Final stand is back, and the game is still determined by who gets their choppers in the air first. Maps are too similar, with the exception of maybe 2 or 3. 90% recycled material. They even recycled player emblems! I wasn't expecting anything groundbreaking but c'mon. The worst part is they're not even acknowledginglag lag lag. This game makes black ops look like it has dedicated servers. Final stand is back, and the game is still determined by who gets their choppers in the air first. Maps are too similar, with the exception of maybe 2 or 3. 90% recycled material. They even recycled player emblems! I wasn't expecting anything groundbreaking but c'mon. The worst part is they're not even acknowledging there's problems with the game. Expand
  96. Nov 20, 2011
    Hello, this review is for Luke Reilly of IGN AU. I want him to know that he is a turd of a human being, and the world would be better served if he spent his time behind a cash register instead of wasting everyone's time with garbage editorials. Oh yeah, this is getting a 0 because it's the worst game ever, even worse than Superman 64.
  97. Nov 21, 2011
    same game again and again and again. And I am still stupid enough to buy this pice of poop. lag even with a full bar connection, a spawn system from hell. Outdated graphics, OP QS'ing. and there is more............
    don't buy this game and support the video games worst enemy Activison
  98. Nov 21, 2011
    Unbelievable how the same exact game we played years ago (COD: Modern Warfare 1) gets extra levels and they name that same game COD: Modern Warfare 3. Then they slap a 60 dollar price tag on it an sell it as new. Hopefully now, after literally almost every single user review is a 0 or 1, the publisher and developers of this tittle get the massage.
  99. Nov 23, 2011
    This is Copy & Paste of MW2 is horrible! Activision gets rid of the great minds who made COD awesome and TRIED copy the magic of Infinity Ward without making any new changes. No innovation, no new engine, no dedicated servers, and yet Activision wants us to PAY a monthly for COD Elite?! Rent it for the single-player but don't buy it!

1. Feb 10, 2012
    There's a tangible insistence from gamers that this series needs to evolve, but it seems unwarranted when it still leads the FPS class. The engine's definitely in need of an overhaul, but when it comes to thumping set-pieces and addictive multiplayer design, Modern Warfare 3 is still in a league of its own.
  2. Feb 1, 2012
    By sticking to the series' strengths, Modern Warfare 3 delivers some of the best competitive, cooperate, and single-player shooting in the business.
  3. As a complete package, Modern Warfare 3 takes the cake. [Jan 2012, p.67]