3.2

1. Oct 29, 2017
    La campaña es muy corta teniendo en cuenta lo que sus predecesores nos habían demostrado, sin embargo esta muy buena, no me disgusta. En cuanto al online, para mi salud ni lo he tocado.
  2. Apr 3, 2017
    8.6 - Really good COD, multiplayer maps were well designed and creative, especially the DLC maps. Survival mode was fun and kinda cheap, and campaign was pretty standard. Weapons on multiplayer were more balanced but still had issues, but not to a point where it really affected experience.
  3. Mar 16, 2017
    After Black Ops, this felt more like a step backwards than a step forwards. The singleplayer campaign feels very generic and outlandish, while the multiplayer maps aren't particularly fun.
  4. Dec 3, 2016
    gran cierre de trilogía, ninguna misión brilla especialmente, pero todas son muy buenas y más largas de lo que nos tenía acostumbrada la saga
    a parte de enlazar perfectamente la historia de los 2 primeros, continúa con las misiones cooperativas, y además añade un modo supervivencia genial
    el multijugador está retocado y ya no es tan centrado en las rachas y ventajas como su predecesor
  5. Nov 27, 2016
    I was not much into the COD series and started off with it recently. Modern warfare 3 was not impressive. The gameplay was simple, which is not really the issue. The storyline is weak and just tries to build upon where MW2 left off. Not too many weapons you could really browse through.

The end sequence was good and enjoyed that but otherwise througout the game, the storyline did not really keep me interested.
  6. Nov 12, 2016
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is a first-person shooter video game, developed by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games, with development assistance from Raven Software, and published by Activision.

+ Good Campaign
    + Good Mutiplayer
    - More of the Sam
    - Bad AI
  7. Sep 13, 2016
    alot of peaple **** about this game dont lession to them i can tell this game is a realy exellent cod game the game had an a great multiplayer spiecal ops rocks its awsome espicaly the new survival mode and the ending badass the best cod ending in the franchise maybe the story is forgetable but still the mission in the campain are fun i enjoyed all of them they add new map great weaponalot of peaple **** about this game dont lession to them i can tell this game is a realy exellent cod game the game had an a great multiplayer spiecal ops rocks its awsome espicaly the new survival mode and the ending badass the best cod ending in the franchise maybe the story is forgetable but still the mission in the campain are fun i enjoyed all of them they add new map great weapon mods there even the cod elite alot of great stuff its not better than the legendary modern warfare 2 but still the game is blast Expand
  8. Jun 10, 2016
    If this game had righted all the wrongs of MW2 it wouldn't be so bad. But it does alot of things WORSE than the previous 2 in the trilogy. For starters the graphics look worse despite using the same engine. It's not as bad as Black Ops but definitely not as good looking as MW2. The missions are VERY samey throughout: just shoot people, move foward and occasionally hold the reload buttonIf this game had righted all the wrongs of MW2 it wouldn't be so bad. But it does alot of things WORSE than the previous 2 in the trilogy. For starters the graphics look worse despite using the same engine. It's not as bad as Black Ops but definitely not as good looking as MW2. The missions are VERY samey throughout: just shoot people, move foward and occasionally hold the reload button for a scripted event to happen. Or just follow NPCs in "stealth" missions that are just inferior versions of All Ghillied Up. The soundtrack is just plain dull. There are some cool sound effects during certain moments in the campaign but everything thing else sounds, again, dull, and unrealistic. The story is full of plot-holes AND less exciting than MW2, if that was even possible. The multiplayer fixes the issue of infinite grenade-launchers by making them borderline useless but yet has new annoying issues like Dead Man's Hand (if the Javeline glitch was a Deathstreak), unbalanced perks like Assassin and unbalanced weapons (everyone uses either the ACR or MP7 with Blindeye, Assassin and Stalker). There is a serious lack of variety of weapons in the campaign.

Is there anything good about this game? Well, there IS a fair amount of content even if it does feel like a rehash of everything that's come before. The Spec Ops missions are fun, the DLC is pretty decent (but that shouldn't count). There are a couple of interesting locations, and some cool gadgets like the Hybrid Sight and Trophy System.
  9. May 13, 2016

+ Good Campaign
    + Good Mutiplayer
    - More of the Same
  10. Apr 9, 2016
    Great fun game with new characters fun multiplayer and some people hate this game and I don't know why great multiplayer and fantastic single player and I may sound like a fanboy but I also play Battlefield. The only bad part is soap is dead :( fun game and I like the maps 100/100.
  11. Feb 16, 2016
    If we take MW3 as a game of its own, it is an excellent game.

The campaign is everything we could've asked for, the MW trilogy is the best CoD campaign. We see all of our favorite characters and the story is incredible and very fun to play. In story MW3 takes the cake. The multiplayer is very fun and much better than the mess that was Black Ops. It has some new modes that are a blast
    If we take MW3 as a game of its own, it is an excellent game.

The multiplayer is very fun and much better than the mess that was Black Ops. It has some new modes that are a blast to play, me and my friends always had a great time playing Infected, Money in the Denk for example. But it is very similar to MW2, and here goes the flaws of MW3.

While MW2 was an improvement from CoD4, MW3 it's MW2 all over again. The multiplayer is almost the same; the graphics, weapons, maps, there's really nothing that stands out from previous CoDs. And MW2's multiplayer is much more fun.

Spec Ops are nothing amazing, and it could get tiring after sometime. Survival is a bad rip-off from Zombies, and it doesn't have anything incredible to show.

I'd only recommend this game if you want to get into CoD and you find this at a reasonable price. If you own MW2, play that one a little more and it'll be like MW3.

All in all, is more like a disappointing game than a bad game.
  12. Jan 11, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, so back in 2011 before release, I was very hyped for the game. I checked the news every day for it. And when It came out, I got it. I played it and realized ive wasted 20 hours of my life on what could be not only the worst CoD ever, but one of the worst games in general, on par with Sonic 2006.

Story: The campaign is one big hammer in the coffin for the CoD single player aspect due to how awful it is. It was only one big train wreck start to finish. There are no memeroable characters whatsoever in MW3. Even the returning ones like Soap and Price are reduced to generic clones and Soap took a major downfall in badassness due to **** story planning. The main protagonist is a terrible addition as Yuri is basically only an excuse for IW to not have you play as Soap or Price until the last level. The voice acting is bad and EVERY. SINGLE. Character sound like they all share the same voice actor. Soap gets killed of for no damn reason. There are more plot holes than swiss chesse. After 15 levels of Makarov and bad guys winning or escaping due to some asspull, the final level is a polished golden turd. While I do like PC speaking FOR ONCE because you play as Price, the level is a big mashup of random Michael Bay explosions, **** floors, random bizarre **** happining like asspulled nukecopters, and a stupid final fight which results in Yuri shooting Makarov 1000 times in the head before Makarov shooting Yuri to death so Price can kill Makarov in the most anti-climatic way possible. Not only that, but it ends there, providing ZERO after-ending and any fix in plot holes like what happened to Frost since he misteriously dissappears. Who wrote this? Helen Keller?

Co-op/spec-ops: What? Do people play it?

Graphics: Basically MW2 graphics with make up. The M4A1, however, looks uglier and resembles a gym member who never works his body or legs

Authenticy: IW seems to have done ZERO research on armies and weapons. No IW, Delta Force dosent use M16's. And Russian soldiers dont use AK47's anymore

Multiplayer: A big **** of unbalance, hackers and claustraphobic maps. The weapons and gear have zero balance so everything is a one hit kill from Type 95. This game is so easy to hack ive seen hacks on it regularly, Hell hacks have been freely given away like marijuana on several websites. Once I shot a god-moder 30 times with a UMP45. He ran at me with a knife. You can guess what happens next. Maps are **** small, smaller than Counter strike maps so IW can continue the dumb 6 vs 6 trend because they're **** and a bomber can kill off 75% of the map

What I hate the most are the fans who praise this as the best game of all time like Ocarina of Time. It bares a closer resemelence to turds like Ride to hell: Retribution or Sonic 2006. Its not as low as Big Rigs because Big Rigs has zero gameplay. I find Nicolas Cage marathons more pleasurable.

Sory CoDtards, no matter how much you polish a golden turd, a turd is still a turd

(sorry for being 5 years late, gotta be blunt with ya guys)
  13. Jan 6, 2016
    Whilst Modern Warfare 3 acts as one of the weakest games of the franchise, the campaign makes for some epic moments. Following off two stunning Modern Warfare entries, the game had a lot to live up to. Whilst the campaign has its brilliant moments, the story feels far too familiar and anti-climatic and perhaps suffers by attempting to be too epic. The online side of the game feels like aWhilst Modern Warfare 3 acts as one of the weakest games of the franchise, the campaign makes for some epic moments. Following off two stunning Modern Warfare entries, the game had a lot to live up to. Whilst the campaign has its brilliant moments, the story feels far too familiar and anti-climatic and perhaps suffers by attempting to be too epic. The online side of the game feels like a downgraded version of Modern Warfare 2 unfortunately, particularly with a questionably dull colour scheme. Expand
  14. Dec 18, 2015
    Not sure why this game takes so much flak from users on here, it's definitely a great closer to the biggest gun series of the decade. Sure, there's not a whole lot different from MW2 but why mess with a winning formula? I'll say this though, this is either as good as MW2 if not even a hair better. If I could I would give it an 8.5 I would do so The graphics are very well done and areNot sure why this game takes so much flak from users on here, it's definitely a great closer to the biggest gun series of the decade. Sure, there's not a whole lot different from MW2 but why mess with a winning formula? I'll say this though, this is either as good as MW2 if not even a hair better. If I could I would give it an 8.5 I would do so The graphics are very well done and are easily the best in the series plus the additional game modes Special Ops gives it a ton of replay value, not too mention the fun multiplayer modes as well. Furthermore the MW games literally kill the crappy Black Ops series (one to be avoided!!). Overall I thought this game was a blast, the storyline doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense but they never do in COD games anyways. The best COD out there! Expand
  15. Nov 20, 2015
    its a no buy. simply said, the game could easily put players in a state of claustrophobia with all of the close corner multiplayer maps. this is the worst of the call of duty's i've played. everything is bunched together on the map.
  16. Nov 18, 2015
    One of the last great CoD games (in my opinion). Definitely a fun game and true to the MW games they produced, just a few more bells and whistles. I hope CoD gets back to this type of game soon.
  17. Sep 20, 2015
    This game is excellent.It may not have a good story but the gameplay is great.The action set-pieces make adrenaline rush inside of you. And those that give the game a 0 or a 3 are Battlefield fans to make others buy battlefield
  18. Aug 31, 2015
    call of duty modern warfare 3 is an alright cod game. not really the best cod game but not the worst. mw3 campaign was great and the spec ops was amazing but the mulitplayer was dull and boring. it just felt like an addon on for mw2 i mean the graphics were the same the guns were the same. not really a big change for call of duty. if your a fan of call of duty. pick up bo1 or bo2 causecall of duty modern warfare 3 is an alright cod game. not really the best cod game but not the worst. mw3 campaign was great and the spec ops was amazing but the mulitplayer was dull and boring. it just felt like an addon on for mw2 i mean the graphics were the same the guns were the same. not really a big change for call of duty. if your a fan of call of duty. pick up bo1 or bo2 cause these game looked different or maybe pick up mw2 or waw or cod 4 cause those games were fantasic. Expand
  19. Aug 30, 2015
    mw3 in mw2 bu with more grey its the same game every year only the campaing is good but the rest its pure garbage dont buy it rent it or anything else vote for your wallet
  20. Aug 7, 2015
    Ok is this game built upon a solid foundations yes but unfortunately this call of duty sums it up copy and paste cod games it sad that even on the PS4 call of dutys little has changed while it's not all bad some coop missions keep things interesting but a bland story and some very underpowered weapons they may as well gave you air rifles also bland environments basically to be avoidOk is this game built upon a solid foundations yes but unfortunately this call of duty sums it up copy and paste cod games it sad that even on the PS4 call of dutys little has changed while it's not all bad some coop missions keep things interesting but a bland story and some very underpowered weapons they may as well gave you air rifles also bland environments basically to be avoid although the plat is very easy to get if you don't mind getting you character to lvl 50. I suggest Black Ops or MW2 if you have to absolutely have to play on a cod game or if you the more the ww2 kinda guy world at war. Expand
  21. Jul 3, 2015
    It has a good campaign that ends the Modern Warfare trilogy and the story of Bravo Team and TF141. The multiplayer however is terrible. Atleast for PS3. The 360 version's MP is better.

(Played this when it came out, I'm just now writing the review)
  22. Jun 17, 2015
    Overall, MW3 was nothing you wouldn't expect. Essentially a long DLC for MW2, this game tried its best to bank on the success of its predecessor Modern Warfare 2. A largely unchanged HUD, static multiplayer experience, uninspired campaign, and barely improved graphics make the $60 (if new) a hard sell.

Little new features like the hybrid scope and new "point" streaks allow Activision to save some face, but pale in comparison to the lack of improvement otherwise.

Gameplay-wise, the campaign felt (and looked) very similar to MW2. The plot brings a more-or-less satisfactory conclusion to the Modern Warfare story. For me at least, the MW3 campaign seriously lacked in memorability (while MW2's campaign was quite the opposite).

On the plus side, Spec-Ops is back, allowing for additional split-screen/multiplayer fun.

The critics will continue to praise this game tirelessly, but the regular gamers have said it all. I don't believe MW3 deserves a 0, but I can understand why that particular rating is so popular here.
  23. May 13, 2015
    Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3, whoever came with the Survival in this game is a moron. Survival was ridiculous and unfun. It just seems like a cash-in on the success of Zombies mode, and a terrible one at that. The Campaign was still satisfying and worthy of a second playthrough. The Multiplayer at least better than Black Ops's Multiplayer. Overall MW3 serves as a decent if confusedCall Of Duty Modern Warfare 3, whoever came with the Survival in this game is a moron. Survival was ridiculous and unfun. It just seems like a cash-in on the success of Zombies mode, and a terrible one at that. The Campaign was still satisfying and worthy of a second playthrough. The Multiplayer at least better than Black Ops's Multiplayer. Overall MW3 serves as a decent if confused conclusion to the Modern Warfare trilogy. Final score 64/100 Expand
  24. Mar 24, 2015
    Average, that's all, this game is the definition of average. The graphics aren't improved at all from MW2 and Black Ops. The story is quite good if you like a rollercoaster, co-op is awesome with friends but MP is horribly unbalanced with no proper developer support.
  25. Mar 2, 2015
    amazing campaign in good time so that is very easy in less than a day zeroed the game and beautiful scenarios, addictive multiplayer epic characters but not that attracts and fa game, spec ops excellent but only for 2 players
  26. Feb 23, 2015
    This was the last Call of Duty game that I enjoyed, everything after is complete crap. Campaign is short but is a satisfying experience and is the last campaign that I will ever pay attention to in COD.
  27. Jan 2, 2015
    Same **** game as MW2 and COD 4, just different maps(some reused). The graphics are worse, so are the maps and weapons. The game is not balanced. Campers will love this game. The only good thing is that its similar to mw2 but its a bit worse.
  28. Nov 2, 2014
    It's a good shooter. I like it. The campaign is actually pretty good. The plot is laughable but still I enjoyed playing it. The Special Ops are also pretty fun, and you can take a friend along to help you complete them (random online people or split screen). This is a nice touch that adds some replayability to the missions. Survival is okay but it gets tiresome after a while (one problemIt's a good shooter. I like it. The campaign is actually pretty good. The plot is laughable but still I enjoyed playing it. The Special Ops are also pretty fun, and you can take a friend along to help you complete them (random online people or split screen). This is a nice touch that adds some replayability to the missions. Survival is okay but it gets tiresome after a while (one problem is, it gets too difficult too quickly, so it's kind of frustrating). Now online play is pretty nice, you have like 13 out of 16 maps playable (for all I know they could be all playable on alternative modes), and they're all pretty great. Definitely much better than the maps on Black Ops 2. The weapons are all pretty balanced (I think it's only realistic that LMGs never get any use in the actual online play), and you rarely find cheaters so it's all pretty good. My only real complaint is lack of bots for single player, but I can live with that. Expand
  29. Oct 12, 2014
    I'm seeing extremism here. The game isn't bad, so stop giving it bad scores. Yet, this is almost the same game from 2009 (MW2), so it's definitely not a game to be awarded Game of the Year or something.

The story takes place right after MW2 left off. Most of the time, you play as Yuri, a member of TF141 and Frost, a Delta Force operative. WWIII has broken out, and it's up to you to find the man responsible for it, Makarov. Soap and Captain Price returns, and since is the final chapter in the MW series, you'll see how it all concludes. Honestly, only those who played the previous games will enjoy it. Everyone else will have no idea what's going on.

Multiplayer is the same thing from previous games. You have now "Support" streaks, where if you die, you don't lose your streak; it carries over between deaths. The problem is that it's said to help your team, but one "Support" streak is a Stealth bomber, which hurts the other team. That's supposed to be in the "Assault" streaks, which is the traditional killstreak structure. Nothing else much here.

What I did like though is "Survival" mode, where you must fend off waves of enemies on various maps. I spent most of my time, here. But this wasn't enough to justify the $60 price tag when it came out.

Call of Duty does the same thing year after year; it's not worth paying $60, but now it's cheap; a new one is now like $20. I think that a perfect price for this game, so go get it.
  30. Oct 12, 2014
    This is more Call of Duty. It's fun to play, is highly polished, and has a ton to chew on. But really it's highly derivative. You should know what to expect at this point.
  31. Oct 9, 2014
    The setting and scenarios are familiar, but ramped up to 11 with a fantasy World War 3. The well-loved characters from the previous Modern Warfares are back (Soap & Price) but there is little connection felt with the others, particularly the new playable protagonist Yuri. Multiplayer is all that you've come to expect, which is both a good and bad thing.
  32. Sep 13, 2014
    The only game from the entire series of "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" that was the best. The special ops is addicing and the campain makes the playes actually interested to know the background of the charactes in the game. Yet the multiplayer just wasn't enough.
    what a Call of Duty game worth without it's addicting multiplayer?
  33. Sep 12, 2014
    An expensive, perhaps unnecessary map pack of Modern Warfare 2. The solid multiplayer and even sequences of the campaign story are copy/paste from previous entries in the series. The improvements are few and far between, such as the nerfing of explosives (including the infamous n00b tube of Modern Warfare 2). Unfortunately, there is a lack of balance in the Weapons, as the overpowered ACRAn expensive, perhaps unnecessary map pack of Modern Warfare 2. The solid multiplayer and even sequences of the campaign story are copy/paste from previous entries in the series. The improvements are few and far between, such as the nerfing of explosives (including the infamous n00b tube of Modern Warfare 2). Unfortunately, there is a lack of balance in the Weapons, as the overpowered ACR and FMG9 Akimbo. The LMG class is practically useless, a problem passed on from MW2. The new modes, like the fun Chaos Mode, is not enough to warrant a complete new game. It's another cash-out, been-there-done-that entry in the series, and its only saving grace is the outstanding multiplayer game mechanics. Expand
  34. Sep 9, 2014
    I think this is a great game, and all of the 0s are unfair. Sure, it's very similar to MW2, but it IS a sequel so you'd expect it to be similar. Besides, I'd prefer they make it very similar and just perhaps iron out some glitch problems, rather than trying to reinvent the whole cod series and creating laser guns or something ridiculous. I really liked this game, and I've had at least 50I think this is a great game, and all of the 0s are unfair. Sure, it's very similar to MW2, but it IS a sequel so you'd expect it to be similar. Besides, I'd prefer they make it very similar and just perhaps iron out some glitch problems, rather than trying to reinvent the whole cod series and creating laser guns or something ridiculous. I really liked this game, and I've had at least 50 fun filled hours with it. Expand
  35. Sep 9, 2014
    Looking at these reviews I had to respond. I believe what we have here is the Walmart syndrome where people hate you solely because your successful and they find reasons to hate you. Yes MW3 doesn't change its overall formula but it in no way has to and I doubt it would be as successful if it did. When it comes to The single player campaign is amazing and it does exactly what one wouldLooking at these reviews I had to respond. I believe what we have here is the Walmart syndrome where people hate you solely because your successful and they find reasons to hate you. Yes MW3 doesn't change its overall formula but it in no way has to and I doubt it would be as successful if it did. When it comes to The single player campaign is amazing and it does exactly what one would expect from the series. New beautiful environments, tight controls, and new additions to your arsenal. The multiplayer is just as amazing. They have really added some major improvements. Now your rounds can get recorded and you can save the recordings and upload them for bragging rights. They also have made it easier to join a match with your friends which is a major plus. I won't go to in depth with this review because I don't want to spoil it but PLEASE don't listen to the other reviews. Theres a reason why MW3 does as well as it does and this game deserves the sales and recognition it gets. As they say it gets lonely at the top.

Negatives- They took out some of the killstreaks like nuke. That was a major disappointment it really gave you something to strive for.
    They need a brush environment for snipping.
  36. Aug 30, 2014
    Just an expensive mod for modern warfare 2. Multiplayer was atrocious but, the single player was alright. Survival was just a cheap rip off of zombies. Everything was extremely similar to modern warfare 2.
  37. Aug 12, 2014
    I'm pretty sure anything can beat this entry to the Call of Duty canon. Stab me with a fork in my eyes and pour rubbing alcohol in them, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy myself more than I did while playing this game. "MW3" is 6 hours of pure torture, from start to finish. I understand that Infinity Ward was split up part way through the production, but come on. It's not that it makes a ton ofI'm pretty sure anything can beat this entry to the Call of Duty canon. Stab me with a fork in my eyes and pour rubbing alcohol in them, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy myself more than I did while playing this game. "MW3" is 6 hours of pure torture, from start to finish. I understand that Infinity Ward was split up part way through the production, but come on. It's not that it makes a ton of mistakes, it doesn't. The problem I have with the game is that it is derivative of the previous installment of "Modern Warfare 3" in every way possible. The cinematic thrills that fans have become accustomed to when playing Campaign are the same as "MW2". Your character gets shot a few times, gets stabbed, falls through a roof, gets attacked by dogs, but wait... Didn't this happen in the last game? Yes, it did. It's all the same. Adding a few new guns and perks doesn't make for a new experience online. The new Survival mode, which is an addition to the previous, and returning, Special Ops, is okay, but not nearly as good as Treyarch's "Zombie Mode", which this is attempting to replicate. It's a less then enjoyable experience, and you'd be better off getting Modern Warfare 2. Seriously, this game sucks. Expand
  38. Aug 11, 2014
    Looking at it as a individual game it seems ok, but compared to MW2 and MW1 its pretty pants. oh well - i played it for the trophies but if i look at it as a COD fan yeah , im not happy.
  39. Jun 30, 2014
    People are hypocrite. Seriously, I don't understand why this game received such a bad user score on Metacritic. I'm not a Call of Duty fan, but I enjoyed the game thanks to it's graphics, interesting gameplay and vicious multiplayer.
  40. Jun 19, 2014
    Modern Warfare 3 is the biggest example that I can give of a Copy-Paste game. The Campaign continues the story of MW2 and it was still pretty good but didn't have the addicting factor that the other campaigns had (atleast not with me) but it still featured a great satisfying ending. The muliplayer is basically MW2 but with horrible maps, bad killstreaks, and a handfull of campingModern Warfare 3 is the biggest example that I can give of a Copy-Paste game. The Campaign continues the story of MW2 and it was still pretty good but didn't have the addicting factor that the other campaigns had (atleast not with me) but it still featured a great satisfying ending. The muliplayer is basically MW2 but with horrible maps, bad killstreaks, and a handfull of camping mp7,assassin tryhards. The game provides less fun and you get bored of it after a week. Expand
  41. Mar 29, 2014
    This game was good, but the campaign was not that fun for me, whereas the Call of Duty: Black Ops campaign i enjoyed quite a bit more. But the multiplayer was the good part of the game.
  42. ERB
    Feb 1, 2014
    I know that not so may changed in these new COD game and it really disappointed us but the multiplayer is still awesome,addicting,and fun.The reason why Call Of Duty is famous is because The multiplayer in this game is really addicting.But the single player campaign is short that it feels like really bad.But the graphics,visuals,and gameplay is the best part in this game.That is why thisI know that not so may changed in these new COD game and it really disappointed us but the multiplayer is still awesome,addicting,and fun.The reason why Call Of Duty is famous is because The multiplayer in this game is really addicting.But the single player campaign is short that it feels like really bad.But the graphics,visuals,and gameplay is the best part in this game.That is why this game is a must buy game for you people. Expand
  43. Jan 11, 2014
    MW3 is surely the worst game I bought in ps3 up until today.All the gamers were saying that call of duty is excellent and you need to buy it.Before I played MW3 I have played MW2 & black ops with my friends and I wasn't impressed at all.MW3 has many many many many problems.The killstreaks were very annoying(especially attack helicopter).One helicopter in the sky just killing all the peopleMW3 is surely the worst game I bought in ps3 up until today.All the gamers were saying that call of duty is excellent and you need to buy it.Before I played MW3 I have played MW2 & black ops with my friends and I wasn't impressed at all.MW3 has many many many many problems.The killstreaks were very annoying(especially attack helicopter).One helicopter in the sky just killing all the people in every corner of the map(except from the people inside the buildings) and the user don't even control that helicopter, there's no skill in getting kills like these at all(it's really horrible). Also the maps were horrible.Not even one map was good.There were many glitches too(I hate when people get inside glitches and killing the other players and then feeling proud about theirselves).Missions and campaign wasn't good at all.The only mode that I liked was survival but I have played better survival modes such like U2 & U3 survival mode.And as always there wasn't any improvement in the graphics and the gameplay from the previous COD games.COD style is very annoying.You just spawn and shoot like a maniac.The maps are too little and desgined only for close-ranged battles and your health is too low.The result of this is that when you need to hide from someone or just stay in a place and use your sniper rifle there will be a guy behind you and backstabb you in about 10 seconds max.The only good thing about MW3 is the variety of weapons you can use.So can anyone tell me why COD MW3 is so famous and has so many earnings? Expand
  44. Jan 2, 2014
    MW3 brought back some of the missing details from MW2. As MW2 fell into the deep end, MW3 ended bringing back up some of the missing detail from MW2. The campaign was a bit better, but still not the best in the franchise. The multiplayer was altered some but still brought the same Call of Duty experience. The only applauding part is the new Special Ops mode. With new survival techniquesMW3 brought back some of the missing details from MW2. As MW2 fell into the deep end, MW3 ended bringing back up some of the missing detail from MW2. The campaign was a bit better, but still not the best in the franchise. The multiplayer was altered some but still brought the same Call of Duty experience. The only applauding part is the new Special Ops mode. With new survival techniques and much more tactical responses, the Co-op mode is the outstanding part. MW3 brought back some of Modern Warfare's former glory, but most of it seeped away with the downfall of the franchise. Expand
  45. Dec 12, 2013
    It's multiplier gameplay falls short but this installment serves up the excitement and hype surrounding it. It's campaign is definitely flawed, but still passes. The main concern, however, is the lack of co-ops which causes this game to be more of a temporary delight that a long-term game to be played.
  46. Nov 1, 2013
    I don't get the hate of the series. It is what all video games are supposed to be, it is fun. When people say that this game is the same as MW2, I get that point, but that doesn't mean to have attitude like a preschooler. I like this game, but that doesn't mean I get bashed on like I did 9/11.
  47. Sep 27, 2013
    MW3 is a really fun game, the story has many missions that take place all around the globe, the story mode is solid, although the ending was okay at best. The gameplay is great. The Spec Ops mode is really addicting and fun, the multiplayer is solid and the graphics are amazing. This is a great addition to the Call of Duty franchise.
  48. Sep 26, 2013
    The predecessor to this game has influenced the metascore of this one. The question is: Does it improve on MW2? In my opinion, it does so in MANY WAYS! First of all, the campaign is more spectacular. It feels bigger, and there are a few scenes so beautifully modelled that I think they're worth seeking out! (Hint: think about sailing on the river of a major city, with lots of activity andThe predecessor to this game has influenced the metascore of this one. The question is: Does it improve on MW2? In my opinion, it does so in MANY WAYS! First of all, the campaign is more spectacular. It feels bigger, and there are a few scenes so beautifully modelled that I think they're worth seeking out! (Hint: think about sailing on the river of a major city, with lots of activity and effects around you it looks grand!). I think the story is more sober. It continues on MW2, but the motivations are more exposed to the player. For example, there are high-importance hostages involved and the player is closer to the centre of the story. The multiplayer has at least one new game mode that makes it more interesting than MW2. 'Kill Confirmed' is a team deathmatch where kills only count if someone gets to the killed enemy and collects a 'proof' that the kill happened. This introduces an element of strategy and intelligence, because the bodies could be protected by enemies, and there's a payoff if you get hit right after you collected a proof or maybe two. You can also cancel enemy kills by reaching team member bodies. I thought this game was a cool improvement on MW2, but only as long as you're looking for more of the same, and EXACTLY that. Expand
  49. Sep 23, 2013
    I think I've played a game that seems the exact same as this oh yeah MW2. Where to start with this pile of a mess. The singleplayer is bland. Multiplayer couldn't be worse and spec ops all together is not fun. And literally nothing different between MW2 and MW3. Not even textures on guns or death animations or sound design. And the graphics look like a late PS2 game.
  50. Sep 23, 2013
    It's very sad, that people give a developer credit for lazy work. Half of the sounds, equipment, perks, guns, and only one new attachment are in the game. 80% of the killstreaks are the same. And you always the get the felling "I have done this before". Survival is sorry attempted at zombies and fails flat.
  51. Sep 4, 2013
    I don't know why the hate on this game, for me it was the best COD I ever played and still play.. It was my first Call of Duty and loved it soo much, the DLC in this game was the best DLC ever existed IMO.

The maps, equipment and weapons and stuff aren't that good balanced but everyone used OP weapons so it wasn't really annoying, although I loved Model 1887 and that weapon was really underpowered. And if you look at the critic reviews you can see that the game is amazing, 88 score is to low IMO, the Negatives are just haters..
  52. Aug 20, 2013
    88 out of 100? This must be a joke...
    Modern Warfare 3 is the worst game in the Call of Duty series and shows what happened to a once great franchise.
    First: The Single-Player I know no one is interested in the campaign so I´ll keep this as short as possible. The campaign shows what went wrong with many shooters today. The enemy AI is bad, the gameplay is the same as in Modern Warfare
    88 out of 100? This must be a joke...
    First: The Single-Player
    The campaign shows what went wrong with many shooters today. The enemy AI is bad, the gameplay is the same as in Modern Warfare 1+2, the graphics are bad and the sound is terrible.
    The plot is OK but not great.
    Multiplayer:
    There are no significant changes in the multiplayer. It´s the same as every year and almost feels like a map pack... A 60$ map pack.

There is no need to buy this game. Instead you should buy Modern Warfare 1 or 2.
    Those were still great games.
  53. Aug 5, 2013
    While some say its the same game as the last one, its decently enjoyable. The special ops survival and missions were nice. Probably the only thing I enjoyed. The campaign mode brings back respawning enemies and gives you an entire army in each room to kill. You have regenerating health, and a realistic amount of enemies to shoot would be too easy. As in any FPS game these days, you have aWhile some say its the same game as the last one, its decently enjoyable. The special ops survival and missions were nice. Probably the only thing I enjoyed. The campaign mode brings back respawning enemies and gives you an entire army in each room to kill. You have regenerating health, and a realistic amount of enemies to shoot would be too easy. As in any FPS game these days, you have a bunch of invincible teammates that do absolutely nothing unless in scripted events, and only die when the plot tells them to. Getting shot in the head during a cutscene kills them, but not two rockets to the face, a grenade, 78 knife slashes, and 17 bullets from a sniper rifle to the face(That is, if the game wouldn't give you a friendly fire warning. This statement about the cutscene applies to most FPS games these days.) Somehow, Only one Delta operator is capable of killing all the enemies. The rest just stand there shooting, getting stunned from the bullets, and shouting at you to get on the machinegun, do this, do that, do everything. Enemies seem to gang up on the player first, because if the player dies, game over. The player is the only mortal in a squad of immortals. And multiplayer? I found it boring. Expand
  54. Jul 31, 2013
    MW3 is quite disappointing but for any COD fans is still worth playing. It does feel like it has been copy and pasted though and unfortunately gets boring quicker than previous titles in the series.
  55. Jul 31, 2013
    MW3 improved a lot with the introduction of the new map packs but overall it was disappointing.
    It is still worth playing though, for those that love the COD franchise.
  56. Jul 30, 2013
    Modern Warfare 3, though not as good as it's predecessors, is a fantastic game. It's a bit similar to MW2 but hey, it's Call of Duty. What do you expect? A hack and slash game with a bit of RPG element? You came to the wrong place.

Call of Duty gives you more of the same, like many other franchises, and that's what Call of Duty should do. People talk about how Call of Duty should change but no one contributes any ideas and the formula sells so why change it? Hence why there are so many negative reviews here and you can tell some just follow the bandwagon, not having an open mind or an opinion for themselves.

The compelling campaign and stellar multiplayer modes is what makes Call of Duty. Call of Duty can become a football game but then it wouldn't be Call of Duty and the franchise has enough b****es jumping on the bandwagon, boycotting the franchise and using the same excuse to hate the franchise every year "it's the same thing", so change is not going to solve anything. If anything, it'll make it worse.

Even if they use a newer engine, with loads of haters complaining about the "dated" graphics (graphics isn't everything y'know), there would still be haters. Same amount as it is today. It runs consistently at 60 FPS which makes up for it's graphics, it's not the best but it still looks good.

Consistent frame rate is required for competitive play rather than graphics that makes you go "wow" and there are loads of better looking games such as Uncharted as well as Final Fantasy. Because that's what makes Call of Duty the fast-paced, addictive shooter that it is today. What makes Call of Duty the most famous shooter?

Simple, this game offers what very few games offer, you know, sometimes there's nothing like running around stabbing people or quick scoping and running while shooting on all directions. Call of Duty does that better than any game, that's what the fans like and that's the right answer. There are many worse games out there. Prison Break: The Conspiracy, Terminator: Salvation and Killzone (PS2) are just some of the games that are worse than Call of Duty.

Survivor Mode is an addition to the already seen Spec Ops. It's not original but it's a great addition to the franchise that surpasses zombie mode in Treyarch's Call of Duty. Enemies don't spawn in the same place. Instead, they move tactically based on your current location so you can camp in one spot and shoot all the enemies but you can't do that forever. It lets you practice all the weapons seen in multiplayer so the skills that you've learnt can be extrapolated and transferred into multiplayer, Call of Duty's highlight feature. Zombies is just for fun but it's not really that fun anymore now that Modern Warfare 3 has Survival Mode and, hopefully, we'll see it again in Infinity Ward's next Call of Duty (presumably titled Modern Warfare 4).

Multiplayer has some great new modes that adds more depth into the multiplayer mode. Infected is like zombies and it's really intense as well as addictive. It's a fun mode for those who don't care about their KD ratio. Kill Confirmed is another good one, it's TDM but you collect dog tags that counts as a kill. This is a bit more team based mode as opposed to the regular TDM where players are free to wonder about.

Killsteaks is revamped so it's now called Pointstreaks. Kills doesn't just count towards your Killstreaks anymore. Completing objectives such as planting bomb or capture the flag counts towards Killstreaks and this encourages players to play the objective in objective based game modes.

Killstreaks are organized into three different strike packages. Assault for chopper gunners, Support for UAV and Specialist for more perks. These are also customizable so you can have one class where you have the Assault packages and in the other class, you can use Specialist so you don't have to go back to the menu to change your Killstreaks; just customize them from your existing classes.

There's a lot of features in Modern Warfare 3 that haters fail to see. Prestige Shop encourages you to prestige. You get a token every time you prestige and you can use that token to buy double XP as well as an extra class. Each weapon has Proficiencies, which is basically perks, and you can only use one at a time. You can have one where you can add an extra attachment, one that reduces recoil and many more.

Overpowered perks and dolphin dive, seen in Black Ops, have been removed so the game is more balanced. Infinity Ward fixes bugs and glitches unlike Danger Close, who did a bad job with Medal of Honor: Warfighter. With that being said, Modern Warfare 3 has gone above and beyond the Call of Duty with an amazing campaign as well as stellar multiplayer modes.

FPS fans, don't miss out. Call of Duty lives up to the hype, and this game is how Call of Duty evolves. IW takes a streamlined approach, which is why MW3 isn't as good as MW2 and Call of Duty 4. But still, IW did a good job with the Call of Duty franchise.
  57. Jul 22, 2013
    It is no surprise that the kind and thoughtful gents down at activision will bring little to no new content to the call of duty franchise every time one is produced. But this one requires a rant. You know you have failed as a gaming company when mw2 a game that is 3 years older then this one plays better looks better graphically. I deserve a full refund for having to pay 60 dollars likeIt is no surprise that the kind and thoughtful gents down at activision will bring little to no new content to the call of duty franchise every time one is produced. But this one requires a rant. You know you have failed as a gaming company when mw2 a game that is 3 years older then this one plays better looks better graphically. I deserve a full refund for having to pay 60 dollars like the stupid consumer I am for this atrocious excuse for a game. Terrible story for the campaign which is barely 4 hours long. online multiplayer with forgetful maps and the complete rip offs which are the overpriced 15 dollar map packs. The only reason I give this game a 1 and not a 0 is because I give the idiots who produced this game credit for having the balls to actually but this game on shelves and make a profit off of it. Honestly Infnity Ward, Sledgehammer, Activision who ever is in charge of making these games step up and produce something worth buying or just stop the franchise altogether. Until then I am keeping my wallet as far away from call of duty as possible. Expand
  58. Jul 13, 2013
    What seems to be a massive add on despite having a great story which you see a many memorable scenes from killing. cough..... and yea. the game was only purchased because i needed more guns and maps but ended up using this mainly to play infected and spec ops with my family and friends. seems to me a bit over priced to pay a game they didn't even refine
  59. Jul 8, 2013
    So many people love to hate on the Call of Duty series, and I'm starting to understand why! I mean don't get me wrong the campaigns are like playing your own action movie and who doesn't love that crazy addictive multiplayer? but when that is all that you bring to the table year after year, its gonna start to show the developement teams lack of idea's and the overall age of the games andSo many people love to hate on the Call of Duty series, and I'm starting to understand why! I mean don't get me wrong the campaigns are like playing your own action movie and who doesn't love that crazy addictive multiplayer? but when that is all that you bring to the table year after year, its gonna start to show the developement teams lack of idea's and the overall age of the games and mecahnics. Expand
  60. Jul 6, 2013
    I don't know why I am writing this. I don't even think it has sense to give this game a low rating, because complaints will chase complaints. Nobody cares about the personal opinions to be honest. Look, I know the game looks no worse than those from previous generation, but does it change fact that the game is not fun? Please, if you are concerned about this, then why not ignore? Stick upI don't know why I am writing this. I don't even think it has sense to give this game a low rating, because complaints will chase complaints. Nobody cares about the personal opinions to be honest. Look, I know the game looks no worse than those from previous generation, but does it change fact that the game is not fun? Please, if you are concerned about this, then why not ignore? Stick up to such a crap as long as you want, but I want to have different fashion. I am looking for innovations, changes and impressions. But like I said, who cares? Expand
  61. Jun 24, 2013
    Really? After 2 years this is what Infinity Ward has to offer? The same gameplay, a few new weapons and a couple of new changes in the multiplayer? This game looks more like MW 2.3
  62. May 28, 2013
    This game deserves NO credit, it was Modern Warfare 2 with an add-on pack of maps. Everything was much better in MW2 than here. The level aesthetically is wonderful, but the re-spawn is atrocious, no game have I hated more than this, and it's not because of difficulty, this game was fundamentally broken. Then to top that, was lag, campers, terrible matchmaking, clan upon clan in TDM, itThis game deserves NO credit, it was Modern Warfare 2 with an add-on pack of maps. Everything was much better in MW2 than here. The level aesthetically is wonderful, but the re-spawn is atrocious, no game have I hated more than this, and it's not because of difficulty, this game was fundamentally broken. Then to top that, was lag, campers, terrible matchmaking, clan upon clan in TDM, it was a complete joke that had me searching for reason to why I had this crappy game.
    Again, I've never played a crappy game, and I've played them all. This one sucked, stand against the hype, and thats all this one was.
  63. May 25, 2013
    Don't know what all the hate is about. MW3 is a great game in all ways. Campaign is great, Spec Ops is fun and the MP is awesome! If you don't like this game then don't bother reviewing it yourself! Call of Duty will never go away, whether you like it or not!
  64. May 23, 2013
    When this game was initially released, I decided to score it a 9. This is in complete conflict to my current opinion, and I have no idea what I was thinking at the time. I presumably scored it so highly out of some form of loyalty to Infinity Ward, trying to help them against some of the seemingly unfair reviews. I'm rather ashamed of having done this, and wanted to put things more on theWhen this game was initially released, I decided to score it a 9. This is in complete conflict to my current opinion, and I have no idea what I was thinking at the time. I presumably scored it so highly out of some form of loyalty to Infinity Ward, trying to help them against some of the seemingly unfair reviews. I'm rather ashamed of having done this, and wanted to put things more on the level.

To take another look at this game, its certainly nothing special. While the Campaign of COD 4 was largely praised for its characters and setting. Its difficult to say the same here, simply playing along with the same recipe that just feels rather dated now, given its lack of change. But multiplayer is the main reason most are brought to Call of Duty, and it at seems a little more balanced in its gunplay following patches, something not shared by its predecessor. However, other issues quickly come to light. Odd choices such as the changes from Killstreaks to score streaks raise a number of issues.One such example is the stealth bomber, which can be earned quiet easily, due to being placed in the "support" section, meaning that the kills to obtain it compile even after death. This makes the bomber appear far to regularly, which is also far too offensive for its support namesake on many of the maps. Which brings me to another huge issue, the maps. Graphically their all rather unimpressive, largely just a series of drab, darkly hued buildings or rubble. Those that aren't marred by this issue instead of horrendous and unmemorable layouts that just don't live up to the experiences had on many of MW2's maps, such as "Afghan." When the maps are as bad as they are, its difficult to praise MW3's multiplayer at all.

Other than these points, the rest is largely standard fair, with a few new options to keep you busy. The cooperative spec ops mode adds a little more longevity with its survival and mission modes, but it feels rather tacked on given that it can only be played with two players, a particularly noticeable omission in the uninspired survival mode.

And that's all there really is to say. Its not particularly superior or inferior to other titles in the series. If you enjoyed them and want more, it'll largely give you what your after, but if you've always disliked the series, this certainly wont change that.
  65. May 18, 2013
    well,i had to say,it's a great game,it shocked me when i see your score,cod 8 develop less,but, it's amazing as usual,you know,a game once a year,it's so hard to do ,i thought it's better than most of other FPS games
  66. May 4, 2013
    It works, but it's not as good as the others. A slight shame to the Call of Duty series, but not as big a mess as Declassified. 6/10 Sentry Busters riding on horses.
  67. May 1, 2013
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is by no means a bad game in fact it is good but the problem is it is let down in some places that make it seem less fun then previous COD's. The campaign is good with great action moments and combat but its been done before. Spec Ops stages for some reason feel less fun then in MW2 and survival has huge potential but isn't as fun as zombies can be. TheCall of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is by no means a bad game in fact it is good but the problem is it is let down in some places that make it seem less fun then previous COD's. The campaign is good with great action moments and combat but its been done before. Spec Ops stages for some reason feel less fun then in MW2 and survival has huge potential but isn't as fun as zombies can be. The multiplayer to, arguably the selling point of COD just feels worse then BLOP's. The maps arent as fun and neither are the guns. I feel sorry for it in a way, it tries to innovate but it just isn't fun or exciting. Still good in many familiar places but just isn't there Expand
  68. Apr 6, 2013
    what a horrible f***ing game this game is so bad im actually honoring it by saying all these things i'd rather play Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde on NES i'd rather play Back To The Future 3 on Genesis such a horrible game with a crappy storyline,crappy multiplayer,crappy co-op,crappy graphics and everything about this game sucks the COD series in general sucks one of the worst and over ratedwhat a horrible f***ing game this game is so bad im actually honoring it by saying all these things i'd rather play Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde on NES i'd rather play Back To The Future 3 on Genesis such a horrible game with a crappy storyline,crappy multiplayer,crappy co-op,crappy graphics and everything about this game sucks the COD series in general sucks one of the worst and over rated games of all time Expand
  69. Mar 29, 2013
    The multiplayer is still the best around, as addictive as ever. The pick 10 system makes the levelling system better than ever. The campaign mode is the best since cod4 and the gameplay is as crisp as ever.
  70. Mar 25, 2013
    9-Presentation; The menu's are well laid out, and the story wraps up the series well. Emotional moments really grabbed me, and the characters and plot are as well built as ever.
    10-Graphics; The game doesn't look much better than MW2, but it's still an excellent looking game.
    8-Sound; The music is awesome, the voice acting is great, and the sound effects are much better than MW2
    8.5-Game play; The level design is great, the controls and mechanics are excellent, and the AI is smart.
    9-Lasting value; There's tons of content, but it feels to familiar.
    Overall-9/10
  71. Mar 12, 2013
    I've never really been a big fan of recent first person shooter games and very rarely will i truly enjoy one. I had a friend of mine let me borrow this game for about a week. After trying this game out, it still did not change my opinion of recent FPS games. The single player campaign was pretty bad, while the online multiplayer was a mess. The storyline was (in my opinion) filled withI've never really been a big fan of recent first person shooter games and very rarely will i truly enjoy one. I had a friend of mine let me borrow this game for about a week. After trying this game out, it still did not change my opinion of recent FPS games. The single player campaign was pretty bad, while the online multiplayer was a mess. The storyline was (in my opinion) filled with boring characters, and average set pieces (the Eiffel Tower faling down was good, i'll admit, but there were just too many explosions throughout the whole campaign) and dull, grey environments (I know it's a war game, but even the cities in which the story takes place in aren't grey and dull).It was just a forgettable campaign. The multiplayer was the worst experience I had with the game, since most of the games I had joined were either extremely laggy, filled with screaming little kids, or the game not letting me in the match at all. The maps were also really forgettable. Seeing that i'm not a big fan of recent FPS', this review might seem a bit biased. Honestly, if nearly all gaming magazines and websites didn't constantly advertise it, I would even say it was rushed. So thats my opinion, thats its just a forgettable, mediocre game. Expand
  72. Mar 5, 2013
    Awesome maps, nice basic weapons and loadouts, smooth gameplay, nice options for killstreaks, portable radar. Not sure what people dislike about the game. Loses points for server problems and a single player game that is a giant stepdown from MW2.
  73. Feb 23, 2013
    The Call of Duty series I've always felt is extremely overrated... despite having some decent games (4, BO 1) But when people can play... this... and give it a 10/10 really really confuses me. Guns all feel the same, you don't feel you've done a lot in customization. The story is awful all the way through with no high points and a disappointing ending. Multiplayer is barely any differentThe Call of Duty series I've always felt is extremely overrated... despite having some decent games (4, BO 1) But when people can play... this... and give it a 10/10 really really confuses me. Guns all feel the same, you don't feel you've done a lot in customization. The story is awful all the way through with no high points and a disappointing ending. Multiplayer is barely any different to what you're used to besides the new mode which isn't even that good. Every single map in this game is dreadfully dull... barely any tactical design, simply made for the "Charge and shoot" gamers. My advice: Stick to BO 1 if you want a decent multiplayer experience. Expand
  74. Feb 22, 2013
    I almost smashed my console when i tried this game. After playing it like half a year, i have made my mind. This is not MW 2.5. This is MW 2.1. Incredible lack of innovation mark this game's campaign and multiplayer. Let's start with the positives. SpecOps missions are somewhat fun to play, Survival offers somewhat like zombies from BO: Kill someone, you earn money and you can buy weapons,I almost smashed my console when i tried this game. After playing it like half a year, i have made my mind. This is not MW 2.5. This is MW 2.1. Incredible lack of innovation mark this game's campaign and multiplayer. Let's start with the positives. SpecOps missions are somewhat fun to play, Survival offers somewhat like zombies from BO: Kill someone, you earn money and you can buy weapons, perks and more. Now you can level up in these missions, and, like multiplayer, you unlock new stuff to buy at Survival. Now, the negatives. The singleplayer is esentially the same from MW2 Like the last "Die Hard" movie, it's all about explosions and firefights. Predictable plot twists and not-so-good storytelling ruin the campaign. Killing enemies that lack the brain to take cover and just run into your bullets makes the campaign boring and leaves a deja-vu effect if you played MW2. Now, with the star of the game, multiplayer. In my opinion, MW2 added a lot of stuff that ruined the game, like deathstreaks and a nuke. The only thing fixed in MW3 are the grenade launcher's blast radius. Terrible weapon balance, overpowered perks and even worse map design with lots of camping spots (yes, campers are back), terrible spawns and bad hit detection. Visual glitches and some unfixed issues (like teammates shoving you) are still present. Oh, and now the nuke is called M.O.A.B. but it doesn't end the match, just kills everyone. However, it's still a stupid killstreak. Overall, MW3 has the same graphics, same weapons with other name and same problems MW2 had. Do not buy this 60-bucks expansion pack. Expand
  75. Feb 3, 2013
    For me this is the best first person shooter out there because of it's similarities to the best first person shooter of all time: COD4.
  76. Jan 26, 2013
    This horror drudgery Shouldn't even be in call of duty. From the Boring Campaign to the horrible multiplayer maps to the desperate attempt of the spec ops mode, there isn't really much to say here. Me? Im a cod fan, but that's going to change if Activition, Treyarch, and Infinity ward, doesn't start learning how to make games. Or at the very least, make something new.
  77. Jan 25, 2013
    wow what awful game the graphics were great but the multiplayer was ummmm. ........ The only thing am going to say is the bomb sound , it explodes so bad that I had to laugh and cry at the same time because I never hear a bomb like that and there was one that sound like that sorry but it's sooooo bad. thank god I didn't buy it
  78. Jan 14, 2013
    Modern Warfare 3 ended in a most satisfying, and comforting way. After seeing the death of some of my favorite characters, I am very glad to see the ending work out the way it did. I did not figure this game to be as good or better than Modern Warfare 2, considering it was better than Modern Warfare 3. The campaign of this game did not add as much as Modern Warfare 2 had in it, but it wasModern Warfare 3 ended in a most satisfying, and comforting way. After seeing the death of some of my favorite characters, I am very glad to see the ending work out the way it did. I did not figure this game to be as good or better than Modern Warfare 2, considering it was better than Modern Warfare 3. The campaign of this game did not add as much as Modern Warfare 2 had in it, but it was a most satisfying way to end the trilogy. It went beyond my expectations, but not nearly as close as any other Call of Duty game did. The multiplayer of the game is a different story. I generally hated the multiplayer which is why I did not get far in the online ranks of the game. This here was the turning point to my thoughts about Modern Warfare 3. To me, there were simply too many people that took the game more serious than it needed to be, especially for a war game. If they were playing Battlefield 3, I could see why they would be taking it seriously, it has much more fast paced action to it, a breath taking view of modern and urban war, and the detail to the game is tremendous. Especially the jets they put in it, but I am not here to review Battlefield 3, and this is not a comparison and contrast essay. I am here to review a game that did not amuse me in the multiplayer field as much as any other Call of Duty game did. I don't recommend the game that much to people who can't stand others who whine entirely like the game is real, and start using foul language, especially kids that should not be cussing at their age. - Collin

My Rating: 7/10
    Trenton's Rating: 7/10
  79. Jan 6, 2013
    good last year

playing this now the gameplay is not that smooth good campaign

rly fun survival mode soild spec ops missions

and very fun multiplayer black ops 2 feels smoother but this game is more memorable and betetr if ur not a massive cod fan
  80. Jan 3, 2013
    Modern Warfare 3 is a terrible game. It adds absolutely nothing new to the series and is essentially a crappy version of MW2. They fixed a few problems here and there (no Commando, no OP noobtubes) but also spawned some new problems of its own. The only additions they made to the game were basically just unnecessary crap that doesn't even belong, such as the Support package andModern Warfare 3 is a terrible game. It adds absolutely nothing new to the series and is essentially a crappy version of MW2. They fixed a few problems here and there (no Commando, no OP noobtubes) but also spawned some new problems of its own. The only additions they made to the game were basically just unnecessary crap that doesn't even belong, such as the Support package and Deathstreaks such as Dead Man's Hand. Terrible maps as well, and the spawning system is horrific. The only thing to like about this game is the new Specialist package and the Kill Confirmed game mode. This game just reeks of laziness and is a disgrace to the real developers that actually put work into their games. Sad, because I actually liked CoD4 and MW2. It really is pathetic how this is the best selling console game of all time. Expand
  81. Dec 17, 2012
    Disliked most COD games, but, thought I would give it a try....waste of time in my opinion, boring graphics, gameplay etc, mush prefer Killzone, can't hide, Fight or Die! SImple as that :)
  82. Dec 1, 2012
    Hello, i like the game modern warfare 3 because you have so nice killstreak, you have so nice weapons, and of course THE MOAB! Everybody says that the killstreaks from black ops so **** nice are but the killstreaks from MW3 are so much nicer! You have in MW3 juggernaut, Opsprey Gunner, EMP, and so much more. That's why MW3 is better!
  83. Nov 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Guns that take more bullets than it would take rocks to kill a man, spawn rapes, under powered explosives and... well... THEY KILLED SOAP!! So yeah, don't play it... I mean, if they at least made people get knocked down from bullets or even flinch the TINIEST bit, then MAYBE it would be SOMETHING like realistic. Plus they need to turn up the damage on bullets and explosives, make knifing get a cool animation so it doesn't look like your trying to open a door when you stab someone. Expand
  84. Nov 28, 2012
    Only a negative score would reflect how truly terrible this game is. Unfortunately a 0 will have to suffice. The maps are all terrible and are all the same. They are designed so that no matter where you are in the map and no matter what direction you are facing, there is an enemy behind you. There is nowhere on any map where you don't have to be constantly spinning in circles in order toOnly a negative score would reflect how truly terrible this game is. Unfortunately a 0 will have to suffice. The maps are all terrible and are all the same. They are designed so that no matter where you are in the map and no matter what direction you are facing, there is an enemy behind you. There is nowhere on any map where you don't have to be constantly spinning in circles in order to see an enemy coming. This is due to a combination of terrible map design and terrible spawn points. Enemies do not spawn with their teammates, and will instead spawn directly behind you. The guns are all the same. There is permanent lag, even with full bars. The only good part of this game was the campaign, which will take you around 2 hours to beat if you really stretch it out. Let's be honest though, there isn't a person on this Earth who buys COD for the campaign Expand
  85. Nov 24, 2012
    The worst Modern Warfare game with difference. The first was something so new, the second has made the best multiplayer of FPS since 2009, but this one... This game doesn´t offer something new, something with the power of make it different. His multiplayer mode doesn´t have any evolution from the second Modern Warfare, the campaing mode is exciting but unreal, and the Spec OpsThe worst Modern Warfare game with difference. The first was something so new, the second has made the best multiplayer of FPS since 2009, but this one... This game doesn´t offer something new, something with the power of make it different. His multiplayer mode doesn´t have any evolution from the second Modern Warfare, the campaing mode is exciting but unreal, and the Spec Ops are bored than the ones in the modern warfare 2. This game was made for sell a lot of copies, and it can´t sell as much as Black Ops. This was also the Call of duty I played less. I only reached 3 prestiges modes, with the 6 I made in Black Ops. One of the most dissapointing games I have played in my life... Expand
  86. Nov 21, 2012
    Generally bad multiplayer maps and dull spec ops, but good campaign, and great multiplayer, especially with the slightly revamped Create-a-Class system and the Community Game-Modes. Altogether engaging as great; doesn't quite beat Black Ops. You can't give this game less than a nine, unless you want to give scores of other games out there a less than a nine. Modern Warfare 3 is NOT a badGenerally bad multiplayer maps and dull spec ops, but good campaign, and great multiplayer, especially with the slightly revamped Create-a-Class system and the Community Game-Modes. Altogether engaging as great; doesn't quite beat Black Ops. You can't give this game less than a nine, unless you want to give scores of other games out there a less than a nine. Modern Warfare 3 is NOT a bad game - it's just a little sloppy, and not a worthy sequel. Expand
  87. Nov 19, 2012
    SOOO many hit markers with sniper rifles and RPG's. This games weapon balance is critical to its failure but surely not its sole reason for a zero rating. The campaign was more or less a linear journey of shoot, run, more shooting, more running, big shoot scene, running, more running, and the pretty stale shootout ending. I was impressed with survival mode but that quickly "just asSOOO many hit markers with sniper rifles and RPG's. This games weapon balance is critical to its failure but surely not its sole reason for a zero rating. The campaign was more or less a linear journey of shoot, run, more shooting, more running, big shoot scene, running, more running, and the pretty stale shootout ending. I was impressed with survival mode but that quickly "just as zombies" became stale and unimpressive. The multiplayer is just God awful truthfully; perhaps I was expecting the same excellence of product that CoD:MW and CoD:MW2 brought me but this game feels half complete, unbalanced, fulfilling, and not worth 60$. Skyrim, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Starcraft: II, and the like are the REAL thought provoking games now. Expand
  88. Nov 14, 2012
    I'm f**king tired of COD, seriously. Modern Warfare 3 is the same game as It's predecessor in terms of multiplayer, and It's even worse. It's unbalanced, not fun at all. It's overly frustrating . Technically is downright horrible, following the same engine. The singleplayer is solid, but forgettable. And uninspiring. The special ops is the most solid part of the game. I am reallyI'm f**king tired of COD, seriously. Modern Warfare 3 is the same game as It's predecessor in terms of multiplayer, and It's even worse. It's unbalanced, not fun at all. It's overly frustrating . Technically is downright horrible, following the same engine. The singleplayer is solid, but forgettable. And uninspiring. The special ops is the most solid part of the game. I am really disappointed. As I loved MW1 and MW2, MW3 is a pile of sh*t. Avoid it. Buy Battlefield 3, It is better! (4.2 Expand
  89. Nov 13, 2012
    Being the leading FPS selling game there must be something in the CoD series that people like. Myself i am struggling to see what everyone else sees. There has been no huge advancement in the last few itterations and that is what dissapoints me the most. CoD gets fantastic sales from banging out the same thing each year and while i agree with the philosophy 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'Being the leading FPS selling game there must be something in the CoD series that people like. Myself i am struggling to see what everyone else sees. There has been no huge advancement in the last few itterations and that is what dissapoints me the most. CoD gets fantastic sales from banging out the same thing each year and while i agree with the philosophy 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' i would still like to see more. I have not gone through the campaign and i have only brought this game for the muliplayer as my friends do not play anything else. The multiplayer is fun, gameplay is good but i just don't feel enthused anytime i put this game in to play. I want more from CoD Expand
  90. Nov 10, 2012
    i think the call of duty collection should stop making games, the first call of duty games is really fun and fresh but now is the same thing, shooting people and i was expecting something new but i think i would rather play battlefield instead of the same thing over and over again
  91. Nov 5, 2012
    Remember when developers used to make sequels that added something new? Neither does Actiblizzard. I'd like to say this is the third time this game has come out- but considering black ops doesn't add anything new I'm starting to lose track of the number of times this exact game has been released. If you combined all the MW and BO together you'd get a campaign the size of a normal shooter-Remember when developers used to make sequels that added something new? Neither does Actiblizzard. I'd like to say this is the third time this game has come out- but considering black ops doesn't add anything new I'm starting to lose track of the number of times this exact game has been released. If you combined all the MW and BO together you'd get a campaign the size of a normal shooter- which already have short campaigns to begin with.

Oh, but nobody gets CoD for the campaign, it's for the pvp! Yes- true enough, and guess what- MW1 still did it better. I have to give them props though- they've found an amazing way to milk suckers out of their money with zero effort; and look at how games everywhere are becoming crap as they try to emulate this money for nothing style of developing.

This game series is everything that is wrong with gaming- if not current society in general.
  92. Nov 3, 2012
    The call of duty series has amassed a lot of haters the last few years. The series does not change alot from game to game but not every game that comes out can be a brand new experience. I am a fan of FPS games and I enjoy the call of duty series. Modern warfare 3 does not do much different from the previous games but it is still a good game with a fun campaign and some awesome times withThe call of duty series has amassed a lot of haters the last few years. The series does not change alot from game to game but not every game that comes out can be a brand new experience. I am a fan of FPS games and I enjoy the call of duty series. Modern warfare 3 does not do much different from the previous games but it is still a good game with a fun campaign and some awesome times with multiplayer. The last thing I want to say if the call of duty series has so many people that hate it why is it still the best selling series year after year and the most played game online. Seems strange huh. Expand
  93. Oct 30, 2012
    It's a good game but Infinity Ward brings nothing new to the table. I felt like I was playing the same missions from MW2. It's time for something new.
  94. Oct 26, 2012
    Pretty decent game with a lot of game modes to keep you busy. The mulitplayer is pretty much a slightly upgraded version of mw2. Mw3 feels more like an enormous map pack rather than a full game, when it comes to multiplayer. The single player campaign is pretty epic filled with a lot of explosions and firefights. Spec ops is back with survival mode attached which is a lot of fun as well.Pretty decent game with a lot of game modes to keep you busy. The mulitplayer is pretty much a slightly upgraded version of mw2. Mw3 feels more like an enormous map pack rather than a full game, when it comes to multiplayer. The single player campaign is pretty epic filled with a lot of explosions and firefights. Spec ops is back with survival mode attached which is a lot of fun as well. The graphics are pretty much the same as mw2. But the 60fps is nice to have in a console shooter. Expand
  95. Oct 13, 2012
    More of the same and i'm glad that it is so. Loved every single one that i've played so far. Only negative point. The campaign could be a little more difficult.
  96. Oct 8, 2012
    Plz stop making these same boring games and do something new. MW3 was a disappointment. It was basically the same as MW2 online but worse due to all the nooby killstreaks and unbalanced weapons. At least try and make weapons that compete with each other rather then just 3 weapons that everyone uses because they chop up. Finally the campaign had no reply value at all and also it was tooPlz stop making these same boring games and do something new. MW3 was a disappointment. It was basically the same as MW2 online but worse due to all the nooby killstreaks and unbalanced weapons. At least try and make weapons that compete with each other rather then just 3 weapons that everyone uses because they chop up. Finally the campaign had no reply value at all and also it was too repetitive for my liking. I don't recommend unless a huge fan of the series but then you would of played it all before. The only thing keeping me from giving it a lower score was special ops which with the new zombie style combat operation thingo was kinda fun. Expand
  97. Oct 8, 2012
    I don't play online multiplayer, but from what I've played of the Single Player and the Spec Ops, I can say that this game is at least a solid FPS. It's not ground breaking, but it can provide a good amount of entertainment. I wouldn't say it is worth $60 + however much all the DLC costs, but it's still at least entertaining. It is very similar to previous games, but if you can get pastI don't play online multiplayer, but from what I've played of the Single Player and the Spec Ops, I can say that this game is at least a solid FPS. It's not ground breaking, but it can provide a good amount of entertainment. I wouldn't say it is worth $60 + however much all the DLC costs, but it's still at least entertaining. It is very similar to previous games, but if you can get past that, it's worth checking out. Expand
  98. Oct 7, 2012
    Complete and total waste of sixty dollars. Don't buy this game. I was really expecting something new, huge features made into the game, and guess what? No significant changes has been made to the game -- same graphics since CoD4, same sounds, same bland voice acting, more immature community flooded with under-aged kids and fanboys, noobtubes, atrocious hit detection, Imbalanced multiplayerComplete and total waste of sixty dollars. Don't buy this game. I was really expecting something new, huge features made into the game, and guess what? No significant changes has been made to the game -- same graphics since CoD4, same sounds, same bland voice acting, more immature community flooded with under-aged kids and fanboys, noobtubes, atrocious hit detection, Imbalanced multiplayer gameplay due to overpowered weapons (snipers, MP7, strikers, etc.), perk system & killstreaks and overall a boring ******* game. Hands down the worst sequel by far in the series.

Final verdict: Don't buy Modern Warfare 3. Save your money and buy a better, true FPS game such as CoD4, Counter-Strike or Quake.
  99. Oct 6, 2012
    I Kinda enjoyed the game, it´s not like the previous game, which i played ALOT more.
    But this game somehow let me down in the multiplayer, it somewhat pisses me off, that most people only care about Multi-Player, and less about Single-Player~
    However, Single-Player mode did definitly not let me down! I enjoyed it 100% It had an great ending, and good action, if it were´nt for Single-Player, i would have rated the game 3 or Less.
  100. Oct 6, 2012
    Whilst this game is, without a doubt, an enjoyable experience, it fails to bring anything new or fresh to this legendary franchise. The campaign had high moments but was less emotionally significant and enjoyable than its predecessors. The special ops mode was a little innovative with its survival mode, however it felt like a weak copy of the Treyarch zombies mode, but the missions wereWhilst this game is, without a doubt, an enjoyable experience, it fails to bring anything new or fresh to this legendary franchise. The campaign had high moments but was less emotionally significant and enjoyable than its predecessors. The special ops mode was a little innovative with its survival mode, however it felt like a weak copy of the Treyarch zombies mode, but the missions were easy and not particularly fun. The multiplayer was almost like an expansions to Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer, as it brought nearly nothing new to the table. Overall this game is a decent installment in the Call of Duty franchise but it suggests that the franchise is perhaps beginning to be consumed by age. Expand

1. Feb 10, 2012
    There's a tangible insistence from gamers that this series needs to evolve, but it seems unwarranted when it still leads the FPS class. The engine's definitely in need of an overhaul, but when it comes to thumping set-pieces and addictive multiplayer design, Modern Warfare 3 is still in a league of its own.
  2. Feb 1, 2012
    By sticking to the series' strengths, Modern Warfare 3 delivers some of the best competitive, cooperate, and single-player shooting in the business.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Jan 4, 2012