5.7

1. Jul 22, 2011
    The review scores say it all. What were Techland thinking? Buggy, bland, messy, boring and, worst of all for a Juarez game, completely lacking in atmosphere, the one thing the previous games majored on. I'll persist on, just to try and get some value out of this, but Bound In Blood fans really should just keep playing that until Techland come to their senses.
  2. Jul 22, 2011
    The decline of a great name call of juarez is dead

It's a shame that a franchise with such popularity as Call of Juarez is now represented by this game lacks any originality technically bad and boring that does not justify the price, hopefully it will not come to PC I hope as well is a disappointment graphically, for hardcore gamers is not recommended is not up to titles like crysis 2
    or fear3 not to mention the upcoming games that will come as a deus ex human revolution or rage.

A game that was made quickly to fully exploit the fans of Call of Juarez who expected something different but also original and has been the opposite, since I personally play the experience was bored and tired as the game has spirit to motivate you to finish the story ridiculous and unrealistic, definitely one of the worst games this year
  3. Jul 26, 2011
    One of the worst games I've played. And I've been playing games for 19 years plus. Ok maybe that's an exaggeration, but at the very least it's one of the worst I've played in recent memory. I rented it on a whim with low expectations, figuring at the very least it could occupy me for a few hours a day over the weekend. I was mistaken. I gave up after about 10-15 minutes. The graphics were outdated, the mechanics were stale, the weapons uninspiring, and on top of that it was consistently buggy and was lagging every 3-4 minutes.

Unless you're a huge huge fan of the game and have the patience of Job, don't rent it. And unless you have $60 that you don't mind lighting on fire, don't buy it.
  4. Aug 1, 2011
    A review for call of jaurez the cartel. After reading the positive review from dazigz I felt like I had to throw my hat into the ring. The cartel is terrible and there aren't enough trophies in the world to make up for this abortion of a game. Excuse the foul language but dazigz must take a hot seven inches in his mouth if he thinks otherwise.
  5. Sep 21, 2011
    Games like this shame us all. Thousands of years from now a race of alien beings will sift through artifacts found in the irradiated ruins of Northern America, find this game, and then proceed to thermonuclear bomb the living crap out of our planet. Call of Juarez: The Cartel isn't just an unfinished mess of a game that wasn't that brilliant to begin with, it's a scam. While it's really hard to pinpoint the "worst"thing about this game, I'm going to have to say that it's the driving system. Instead of giving you the option of changing the driving perspective, they force you into first person from the perspective of sitting in the drivers seat. You use R2 to drive, the Left stick to steer the car, and the RIght stick to look around the cab. Since you can't see through the entire windshield from where you sit, you have to constantly look around the cab interior while trying to drive, and so driving becomes a frustrating mess. And then for no reason what-so-ever, they've made it so it's impossible to see behind you when you're driving. Finally when you are in a car, the health of the car is the same as your own health, so if the car get's shot up and breaks, you die for no damn reason all. Finally add to all that the fact that you can't exit the car at any point during a mission, so if your car starts taking heavy damage, you have no where to run.

This all screams of developer laziness. Rather than develop a special set of rules governing how a player controls a car, Techland just used the same control setup for driving that it used for walking. And that's just one example of the hundreds of bad decisions that went into the creation of this game.
  6. Nov 14, 2011
    un insulto que este juego utilice las palabras: "Call of " en su titulo. Lo compre y no logre aguantar jugando a este juego ni media hora, en menos de una semana ya lo habia vendido. Muy triste que utilicen el nombre de la franquicia para sacar al mercado semejante mierda.
    El juego en el modo campaña puede presumir de ser el unico que tiene lag, el juego en el modo
    campaña va a golpes, graficos de PS2 en la era del HD. Collapse
  7. Sep 21, 2012
    this game was so bad it was so repetitive with lot of bug the voice are so tired some which proof to be boring.

shooting mecha is sloppish i found my self shaking my head in anger........ i return it on second day i hate it so much it was most lame game ever, i found duke nukem forever to be more entertaining....
  8. Nov 14, 2011
    campaña va a golpes, graficos de PS2 en la era del HD. Collapse

1. Sure, there are some minor kicks in three player co-op, but they're very short-lived and fraught with frustration. Call of Juarez should have stuck to its guns and remained an Old Wild Western. Avoid this like you would the real po-lice. [October 2011 p80]
  2. Sep 16, 2011
    What's most disappointing about The Cartel is that it feels like a point of no return for what was once a promising franchise. It has really dropped the ball on the whole Western motif in favor of mostly grim urban environments and an almost actively disengaging plot.
  3. Sep 13, 2011
    Call of Juarez: The Cartel is a hodgepodge of bad ideas and performance issues. Even if you can get past the technical problems, this heavy-handed action game never quite lives up to its potential. If you have a couple friends to play with you might get some fun out of it, everybody else might want to look elsewhere for their first-person fix!