7.2

1. Jul 21, 2011
    Another unappreciated sleeper hit where the review sites assume the worse. How can this game be rated low because it mimics the best feature in Batman AA - combat? This is the most addicting and fun aspect of Captain America! The game has a few shortfalls being it's too short and it should have had more of a story to it. But the execution of making people FEEL like Captain America is astounding. The sound effects are spot on and the character dialogue is great! Graphics are on par with modern games today and the gameplay is one of the best a superhero game has to offer. 9/10. Expand
  2. Jul 23, 2011
    Reviewers work like this; video game companies will brive their way to a good review by sending little free items their way to push for a good rating. If they don't then their chances of a good review are slim. Such as in this case. All of us gamers played it and loved it, as such we gave it a great review as you can see. The game is awesome and plays like Batman, if not better. Play it and enjoy the greatness that is, Captain America. Expand
  3. Jul 19, 2011
    Just to counter those who compare this, 'a movie game' to Arkham Asylum, 'not a movie game' need to understand these games are made by small teams with laughable short development time.
  4. Jul 21, 2011
    I'm giving this a 10 solely hoping that the 10 helps balance out the low scores from people who obviously didn't play the final retail copy. Truthfully it's a 7-8, but I saw none of the framerate issues that the pro reviewers whined about. I enjoyed the combat system, and eventually decimating crowds of enemies was even easier than in Arkham, and almost a little more gratifying. I completed a single run with 67% of trophies, if there's any major fault with the game it's not much replay value.

Another case of the pros getting it wrong again, which seems to be happening pretty often here lately. Is it money?
  5. Jan 8, 2012
    This game is extremely fun to play and the combat system makes fighting a blast. You move effortlessly between punches, kicks and counters all with fluid motions.
  6. Jun 19, 2012
    I liked this game because it has got loads of combat violence and that's what I like in a game, I also like boss battles in this games because it still goes slow-motion when you punch or kick the boss just like when fighting enemies, the graphics are good, and Sega could of at least made the objectives easier to understand.
  7. Aug 6, 2011
    This is a fun game - especially if you are a fan of comic books and Captain America in general. I basically felt like I was playing Batman: Arkyhm Asylum, but with a 1940's Captain America flavor. Is it as polished or clean as Batman...no. But then again you can buy it for $10-20 less retail than Batman.

For a game based on a movie, this is a big win for the gamers. Most tie-ins are very
    poor...you can tell someone spent some time here.

Lastly - it is a pretty easy Platinum trophy to obtain if you want. I felt like I was wasting time collecting some items in the game...if you aren't into trophies, don't bother. The challenges, though, aren't impossible like some were in Batman. A little work and it pays off.

I recommend buying it on Amazon for a cheap price and playing through. Do it soon and you can still get a decent trade-in price for a solid title.

1. Captain America: Super Soldier is rudimentary gaming at its worst, a tired old melange of linear corridor crawling and basic brawling. It's utterly unsatisfying. That the whole thing weighs in at a squidge over four hours only further sabotages any shred of quality that managed to smuggle itself into the final game. Don't play this. [September 2011 p76]
  2. Sep 8, 2011
    It's no Game of the Year, but it's a solid product for fans.
  3. Sep 1, 2011
    The man packs a punch, but boring design and repetitive action leaves him hiding in the Dark Knight's shadow. [Oct 2011, p.103]