5.4

1. Aug 30, 2014
    I bought this game for 3 quid in PSN sale and it's brilliant old school fun the mechanics are so simple their complex and keep you invested. Ignore all the negative comments about this game you can't get a flipping magazine for 3 quid anymore!
  2. Mar 16, 2014
    This game is a rather direct successor the the original carnivores series. With the development time, and me seeing it on the market, i bought it nearly instantly. If this game came out for PC, i would definitely buy it on there as well.

You play a hunter in a world populated by dinosaurs. Your goal is to shoot and capture or kill any dinosaur you're licensed to. It's pretty straight forward, and is really like a cabella for dinos.

Overall, the games structure, including it's menus are very responsive, and although it can get a little tedious, it's fun running around trying to jump on or shoot dinosaurs while jumping, or just playing a little strangely, and being really loud, running down the dinosaurs on foot.

Overall, it's definitely worth the 12-15 dollars i spent on it, and i would buy it if it were on steam.
  3. Nov 30, 2013
    It's been over 10 years since the last installment in the Carnivores Saga, and it is a welcome sight to return to. For the price of $13 it's a great bargain for those who enjoy hunting sims and are tired of the linear crap we are given in today's gaming world. Sure it is a little bare considering such a small team made it, but the behaviors of the dinosaurs and the general feel thatIt's been over 10 years since the last installment in the Carnivores Saga, and it is a welcome sight to return to. For the price of $13 it's a great bargain for those who enjoy hunting sims and are tired of the linear crap we are given in today's gaming world. Sure it is a little bare considering such a small team made it, but the behaviors of the dinosaurs and the general feel that you're hunting in an open environment with some dinosaurs hunting you makes this game a thrilling installment in the Carnivores franchise. Hopefully the reviews that make this game look lackluster are ignored, because this game really deserves attention. Expand
  4. Nov 29, 2013
    This game is fantastic and lots of fun! The Dinosaurs look a whole lot better than the originals on the pc and overall, it's a great game for hunting fans
  5. Nov 15, 2013
    With a mobile version available on almost any mobile OS, I can't begin to imagine who would need this. Much like Angry Birds: Star Wars was unbelievable in its lack of necessity or justification for existing, this is still, at heart, a very simple mobile game meant to just waste some time. It's simple and fun, sure. But that's why it started as and remains a game to play on your phone orWith a mobile version available on almost any mobile OS, I can't begin to imagine who would need this. Much like Angry Birds: Star Wars was unbelievable in its lack of necessity or justification for existing, this is still, at heart, a very simple mobile game meant to just waste some time. It's simple and fun, sure. But that's why it started as and remains a game to play on your phone or tablet for brief periods. With the game being about $2 on mobile, this is just useless. Expand
  6. Sep 16, 2013
    Finally, at the end of PS3 life cycle, comes a game that makes me glad I own a PS3. Missing from this game are frills, intense multiplayer and cinematic cutscense. But what IS included is an experience full of adventure, suspense, great scenery and good plain video game fun. I fear this game will get reviewed at the same level as a game that costs 59.99. Keep in mind, this released atFinally, at the end of PS3 life cycle, comes a game that makes me glad I own a PS3. Missing from this game are frills, intense multiplayer and cinematic cutscense. But what IS included is an experience full of adventure, suspense, great scenery and good plain video game fun. I fear this game will get reviewed at the same level as a game that costs 59.99. Keep in mind, this released at 12.99....so view it through that lense. For $13, I will go on a limb and say this is the best PS3 game on the market.

Why I like the game:

Imagine: Hiding behind a rock, in the weeds…..you hear thumping…your whole screen shakes from the weight of the foot steps…you hear it roaring, but aren't sure what side of the rock it's on……crap, you are upwind…it smells you and runs….so you have to crouch and stalk the dino and work your way around to be downwind…..but not let it see or hear you. You find the dino again and line up the perfect shot (I am using tranquilizer shells)…..aim, hold your breath (there's a button for that) and take a shot. The dino is down! You call your spaceship in to pick up the dino and add it to your trophy room!
  7. Sep 15, 2013
    After two lack-luster ports and a long wait for updates that never came, Carnivores HD is a wonderful breath of fresh air for Carnivores fans on the PS3. HD is a new entry in the series, the first in over a decade, and thankfully it does not disappoint.
    For starters the game is downright gorgeous: for a download title the graphics are very nice, with smooth animations, relatively few bugs, and some really great lighting and level design. The behaviors of the dinosaurs are much more varied and interesting than in previous titles and each requires a different strategy to take down effectively. Many of the original series' key features are back, expanded upon, and improved. Players who were unimpressed with Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter will no doubt find this to be a much deeper, more enjoyable title regardless of whether or not they're fans of the series.
    HD's main downfall is a lack of content, sporting six huntable dinosaurs (only two of which are predatory) and technically only three maps. To the game's credit it does an impressive job of getting the most out of what it offers, though, with each new version of an old map offering variations in time of day, weather, and visibility, as well as switching up the types of dinosaurs present, how big their populations are, and how large they grow.
    Overall the game still feels a bit small, but its replayability is high, especially with the addition of online leaderboards. As it stands as of launch, HD is a short but very solid, fun title that's well worth it's price. With some more content it could really be something special.
  8. Sep 13, 2013
    A good amount of fun can be had with this, with some minor issues and annoyances the pros still outweigh the cons. It is a neat concept and this game pulls it off well.
  9. Sep 16, 2013

Why I like the game:

1. Apr 24, 2014
    This game feels like the developers took the mobile version, improved the graphics and removed some contents. Then, they've shamelessly tried to sell it at a higher price.
  2. Jan 28, 2014
    Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter HD goes far on the scale of Bear Grylis, but doesn’t go far enough when it comes to survival techniques. It’s cool how the ground shakes and paw prints stay visible, but with a wind, sound and sight meter it’s all too simple. The dinosaurs animations are also laughably bad.
  3. Involving if arthritic, boring yet fleetingly brilliant, Carnivores’ cerebral shooting is genuinely unique in spite of its miserly unlocks.