2.9

1. Apr 12, 2011
    Huge, huge disappointment. I was looking forward to this first DLC, since I loved Lords of Shadow so much. But it saddens me that I took more time downloading and installing it, than actually playing it. It is not that Reverie is bad, don´t get me wrong. There is some nice contribution to the game´s canon and I enjoyed knowing a bit more about Laura andHuge, huge disappointment. I was looking forward to this first DLC, since I loved Lords of Shadow so much. But it saddens me that I took more time downloading and installing it, than actually playing it. It is not that Reverie is bad, don´t get me wrong. There is some nice contribution to the game´s canon and I enjoyed knowing a bit more about Laura and Gabriel´s destiny. But this chapter is too short (took me 1 hour to finish it), has almost ZERO fighting (I could say 94% plataforming and 6% fighting) and in the end... it is not that much fun, sorry. For the full price of 10 dollars I was expecting much, much more. Hopefully, the next chapter will be better. So far, Castlevania Lords of Shadow stands stronger on its own. Reverie could be easily missed. Expand
  2. Jun 29, 2011
    Totally agree with GrumpyReviewer, i was shocked with this DLC, i spent most of the time just plataforming and puzzling and its VERY SHORT, i loved Lords of Shadow and i really wanted to play the new content, but i also learned my lesson, before buying a new DLC i will wait and read a lot of user reviews and watch more gameplays to be sure.

1. Apr 27, 2011
    Reverie is neither brilliant nor awful: it's simply a bypass that doesn't quite work as good as the main Lords of Shadow experience. Although players expecting a new game full of action and another enormous amount of production values to enjoy may be disappointed, maybe others will see here a welcome change of pace.
  2. Apr 11, 2011
    It's light on combat, but Reverie keeps things interesting with a new playable character and engaging puzzles.
  3. Mar 31, 2011
    Reverie only lasts a couple of hours, and the motion comic cutscenes are a little disappointing. Still, Castlevania fans won't want to miss it -- even in spite of its quasi-cliffhanger ending.