7.9

1. Feb 26, 2014
    Another mediocre rip off of God of war series, I love the old Castlevania games, but this game is a complete disaster, another below average 3D action adventure, poor creativity, repetitive. and it's not a true castlevania game, if you buy this trash you are wasting money.
  2. Feb 26, 2014
    The users rating this as "positive" are obviously not fans of the ORIGINAL Castlevania series, because this trash has nothing to do with that beloved Dracula hunting (mostly 2D) franchise. Stealth, endless interruption in the form of hints, **** music, drivel story line with B/S fan lip service, and many other annoyances doom this game. Do not buy if you do not want to feel like you wasted your money. Greedy heads of present day Konami simply slapped a popular name while attempting to make this game a mix and match of popular and contemporary Action/Adventure games. May Castlevania R.I.P. and MercurySteam burn in hell. Expand
  3. Feb 28, 2014
    I'm starting to wonder if these user reviews are from Mercury Steam employees. I finished Lords of Shadow 2 about an hour ago and I have to warn my fellow gamers. DO NOT buy LoS 2. If you want to play it I highly recommend that you rent or borrow it. There is no way this game deserves higher than a 4 out of 10. It is by far one of the worst games I have ever played, and this is coming from someone who really enjoyed the first Lords of Shadow. The story is very poorly written and executed, the environments are drab and uninspired, the voice acting is mediocre at best but the dialogue is atrocious. I wanted to play Castlevania, not Castle Gear Solid Gaiden Sigma 2. If I was overseeing this game I would've scrapped the entire thing and started over. This game is an absolute disgrace. Expand
  4. Apr 18, 2014
    I'll be very honest and say that this game is trash. Sorry, it is. I am a HUGE (HUGE!) fan of the original Castlevania LoS (beat it 3 times and played all DLC), so I know what I am talking about. I had high hopes for this, as I had loved the 1st one so much and what a disappointment. Castlevania LoS 2 is a collection of many mistakes and the first one is this: forget about everything that made the last one great. The only thing that got me slightly interested was the gameplay, which is still solid. The rest is complete garbage. The story makes no sense (is Capcom behind this?), the graphics are an atrocity - I am not kidding, this looks like a late PS2 game, the colors look washed, in other words, this game is ugly, boring, confusing and uninspired. And to top it all, they've thrown an "open world" feel to it. And by "open world" I mean BACKTRACKING to a point that most of the time you have no idea what you are doing. I am sad to write such a bitter review, and I really (really!) wanted to love this game. But I just can't. This is a slap in the face and Mercurysteam threw what could've been a great sequel in the trash. I regret that I bought this. If you are a newcomer, who knows, you might enjoy it I guess. If you are - like me - a fan, steer clear from this mess. Expand
  5. Mar 16, 2014
    Oh dear.

Imagine if you will, the possibilities of a modern third-person interpretation of a classic Castlevania adventure. Good isn't it?

Now imagine that experience pushed aside for a "God of war clone". And a bad one at that.

As I played through the game, it just made me want to play God of war 2. So I did. I had a great time.
  6. Mar 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terrible game even the first one sucked along with Mirror of Fate which is even sadder that those two titles got a chronicle pack and the 3ds one Mirror of Fate got an HD release. I don't know what they where smoking to come up with this it I mean I do like new gamplay, but not like this. I may only have played the first one yet this one gets boring as fast as the other one in combat. So here is how it goes the main story has a Belmont named Gabriel who becomes Dracula and is the new lord of darkness who is the hero of the game. Apparently it starts off with the brotherhood breaking down his door at the start and he ends up having to fight them off with his vampire like powers which he uses a blood like whip lash, chaotic powers, and a void sword. So after that he fights a giant titan after figthing a gold like angel knight or something and destroys the titan by puking up blood on the crystal. So after he takes down the titan the golden knight angel guy tries to make a prayer after fighting Dracula (aka Gabriel if you forgotten) on a cross as he does Dracula grabs it and makes the same prayer. When Dracula does a huge explosion happens and all the brotherhood knights nearby are killed. Then out of nowhere Alucard shows up (aka Trevor Belmont who was killed by his father and then resurrected in Mirror of Fate) he apparently ties with the story ending there without what happens making oh a plot. So you wake up in an abandoned church in what I am assuming is Europe I don't know its hard to tell. So you do a boring short walk out of the church after a flash back from the first game which doesn't tie in with the story and is completely pointless. It also is never mentioned again in the game and serves no purpose. So after he leaves the church weak as crap apparently he sees an image of his son and follows him down an alley way. This would have been great if he got in a fight with thugs and used them to heal up his strength, but no he gets the **** beat out of him by a monster that appears and nearly kills him. When about to die he gets saved by some guy in armor with a familiar sword which gives an obvious hint to who the guy in the armor is. So he wakes up somewhere murders and drains the blood of three humans a father, mother, and a son. Then he meets Zobek who says he needs his help (You know the guy who was the third Lord of Shadows and betrayed Gabriel before in the first game now they are working together) to stop these guys called the acolytes which are planning to take over the world and Satan would make Dracula and Zobek his personal pets as he says. So Zobek claims to have found the Vampire Killer which said to end his life permanently (Which is not explained too well and also FYI Dracula usually comes back after 100 years, but in this game he came back in a century proving these idiots didn't research too well when developing the game). You know what I will make it short and simple to skip the boring details or somewhat like that quick and simple.

1. Dracula goes and is followed by trails of blood which is his darker side of him who fights later, and he has to gather items and weapons to gain his powers back.

2. Meets his servants who are possessed by the evil side of him.

3. Have to save a city cause there is this acolyte who wants to turn people into monsters, and having these kinda of future englishmen soldiers fight them shooting them with machine guns.

4. Sneaks in to a base to get a cure with the most crappiest sheath system and use it on the acolyte which doesn't cure, but instead makes him more stronger fighting her to the death.

5. Meets and fights Victor Belmont and then watches him die which was the most moment killing scene ever in the series of the games.

6. Fights Carmilla, Toy Maker, Frankenstein, and Pan (The guy he killed when Pan became the Silver Warrior angel think which was a difficult boss fight).

7. Discovers that the armored guy is his son Alucard and knows the truth of what happened to him for real (Which is not surprising).

8. Fights Zobek the guy who betrayed him and also lied about ending Dracula's life to put him to rest.

9. Final and worst fight of the game you fight Satan again, but this time he looks like the lead singer of Dethklok, and has leggings which looked like the ones from the manga and anime Devilman. But wait he doesn't fight Satan, but his son who gets possessed by Satan and he uses Vampire Killer on Satan to finish him with even though the whip in the series says it can not be used by vampires or creatures of the night some how works and kills Satan again.

10. Well his son is knocked out which Dracula uses his own blood to revive him and they both stare off into the sunset which is not very memorable.

Bottom line game mechanics gets old, the story is broken and really sucks, shows they put no work hardly into it like Castlevania Judgement, and hopefully they never make more sequels to this game that would be like this. Save your money folks!

1. Apr 18, 2014
    Konami's newest Castlevania sequel is marred by repetitive gameplay, terrible stealth missions and an uninteresting story that overstays its welcome
  2. Mar 23, 2014
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow is a must play game on the PlayStation 3 that really draws you in from the start to give you a spectacular journey of good versus evil in this beautifully presented sequel.
  3. Mar 21, 2014
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 mixes elements from popular games without really understanding how the pieces must be assembled. The result is a tedious and sloppy game that most feels like something that the developer Mercury Team wanted to get over with. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 lacks even the ambitious driven from its predecessor. It's not a bad game, but not worth playing.