CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars PlayStation 3

8.4

1. randy
    Jun 13, 2009
    My review is on the demo, not the full version game , yet just from playing it I can tell this is a niche game with alot going for it. I will admit I was hesitant to even dowload this game, being another A) FPS and B) looking like an UT cookie cutter game, but I am glad I did. The game has 3 unique characters with well balanced game mechanics for each. The aspect that gives this game My review is on the demo, not the full version game , yet just from playing it I can tell this is a niche game with alot going for it. I will admit I was hesitant to even dowload this game, being another A) FPS and B) looking like an UT cookie cutter game, but I am glad I did. The game has 3 unique characters with well balanced game mechanics for each. The aspect that gives this game something different is the psi weapons. You can either choose a characters that just uses psi (using debre around you to get kills) or use someone that just relies on duel weilding. If that doesn't work for you there is a character that can use one weapon and has weaker psi powers. With little extras of single player goals to customize your player and gameplay that is smooth while fun to play, why would I not give this game a 10? The reason why is there are better choices for what I call "health/gun pick up FPS's"( in the vain of quake and UT series) with so many FPS's out and lots more to come this game will be left for the hardcore gamers that want a game to remind them of when FPS's had the cliches that we remember foundly. For $10 there is no reason for a fan of games like UT3 to at least try the demo and then putting down the money for an underground hit. Expand
  2. JakkR
    Dec 29, 2009
    I downloaded the demo and played one challenge and ended up buying the game because it's a good FPS for friends to battle on with multiple players. One thing I believe they should have added was Bot support for online matches. I really enjoy the game, great graphics (It uses the unreal engine needless to say) it also plays a lot like Unreal Tournament 3 which is also another great I downloaded the demo and played one challenge and ended up buying the game because it's a good FPS for friends to battle on with multiple players. One thing I believe they should have added was Bot support for online matches. I really enjoy the game, great graphics (It uses the unreal engine needless to say) it also plays a lot like Unreal Tournament 3 which is also another great game. I recommend this to anyone whose looking for a good time passer, one downside to the PS3 version of this game ,XBox 360 has it also I believe, is that I've not seen one single player online at all, kinda dissapointing if you ask me, but the game is great. Expand
  3. coreykeaton
    Jun 12, 2009
    Cellfactor: Psychokinetic Wars is a very straightforward fast paced FPS. The game is basic yet still very fun and offers classic CTF, one-way assault, deathmatch and team deathmatch modes. The game allows you to pick from a variety of unlockable upgrades to power up your character's skills and appearance to suit your playstyle.
  4. Sep 9, 2016
    Very fun game, lots of replay value. I just wish for a active online multiplayer, more maps, more game modes, game mode description, grenades and a melee button. Worth every cent, though!

1. Cellfactor: Psychokinetic Wars is not a bad game, but we've seen it all before. I have a hard time imagining that anyone will still be playing this online in a few months. There are better online-FPS on PSN (Warhawk, for example) and even though Cellfactor is affordable, it is still nothing special for the hardcore FPS fan.
  2. Cellfactor is a solid online game that ticks all the boxes. If you ignore the basic presentation and grab some mates for some old school FPS arena fighting you are in for a treat.
    CellFactor is a surprisingly enjoyable shooter. It doesn't do anything new for a retail game, but there are few great online shooters on PSN. And for that reason alone, it may be worth $10.