Clive Barker's Jericho PlayStation 3

7.2

1. SeanK
    Jun 4, 2008
    Apart from being thrown from recent times then back to the 16th century and so on this is an excellent game that has been way underated.... the idea of being able to change characters and all having different weapons and powers is brilliant. The storyline is great along with good visuals and good gameplay (once you get used to the characters). The only real let down for me was the ending Apart from being thrown from recent times then back to the 16th century and so on this is an excellent game that has been way underated.... the idea of being able to change characters and all having different weapons and powers is brilliant. The storyline is great along with good visuals and good gameplay (once you get used to the characters). The only real let down for me was the ending which i expected more of a cinematic closure which instead i thought was awfully executed and rushed, this is why i have only given the game a 7 instead of an 8.... If your a fps fan then this is definately a good buy (£17.99!!!) and for those who are fans of the survival horror games or even fans of horror films this is a must. Expand
  2. JesseC.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Solid game play with stunnig graphics and an intriguing story keep this game outa the dumpster for me. All the rest of the issue are here but the pro totally out weight the cons.
  3. SeanC.
    Oct 30, 2007
    Some people are saying that the game isn't innovative enough.... it's a FPS for #$#$ sake! It's nothing spectacular but still a good solid shooter. People are too quick to nitpick - we can't have a perfect game all the time.
  4. Mick
    Nov 6, 2007
    Don't bother buying this I waited ages for it to be released wish I hadn't bothered. I hate slating games but this one drives me mad.
  5. Oct 9, 2010
    I originally thought that this game would just be another run of the mill DOOM clone. To my surprise there was some plot, unique level and enemy design. The one thing that caught my attention was the character design. While most of the characters were more or less the same it was good to see clive barker introduce a character with mild Autism. Being autistic myself it is nice to see thisI originally thought that this game would just be another run of the mill DOOM clone. To my surprise there was some plot, unique level and enemy design. The one thing that caught my attention was the character design. While most of the characters were more or less the same it was good to see clive barker introduce a character with mild Autism. Being autistic myself it is nice to see this kind of awareness in big video game/film and tv.

I've been into alot of FPS's before but this one definatly had some of the more shocking enemies i had seen in games at the time i bought it. Clive Barker still has that shock factor that i love to see from his work. The way you have to swap between characters is very innovative and adds a new level of thinking to the game play. The storyline is very good and well written as well.

While the game has its merits it does have its downfalls. First the amount of damage you take before you die seems to be very low even on a simple difficulty. Another gripe is that every enemy regardless of how much ammo you pump into them doesnt even slow down or stagger but this does add to the urgency of a quick kill. Lastly the ending seemed a little lackluster. Even a tortoise lighting a fart could have had more excitiment to it.

Still a decent game but could be improved in a few areas
  6. Dec 17, 2014
    There is a lot to love about this game but also a lot to hate. First the things i didn´t liked: The squad members: There are just to many of them, in every battle you will go around healing them over and over instead of fighting, this was really annoying. The leveldesign: In one word: Boring (except the roman levels). The ending: Crash! Bamm! Bang! and its done...and you will be sittingThere is a lot to love about this game but also a lot to hate. First the things i didn´t liked: The squad members: There are just to many of them, in every battle you will go around healing them over and over instead of fighting, this was really annoying. The leveldesign: In one word: Boring (except the roman levels). The ending: Crash! Bamm! Bang! and its done...and you will be sitting there like "Whaaaaaat?". Enemy variety: You will be fighting cultist over and over again, more different enemies would be great! The framerate: Smooth? N-o-o-o!
    Now the things i liked: Some of the graphics look really nice! Enemy models are quiet cool! The special abilitys: Using your squad members special abilitys is fun and enjoyable. The Story. Personally i liked it (except the ending!). The voiceacting: Good work on the side of the voiceactors, the characters are lively and likeable. The game: I just could not stop! I wanted to finish it and all the negative aspects could not break the overall positive experience!

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Clive Barker's Jericho might be the most boring and linear shooter ever. The idea of switching between characters is nice, but it is wasted on dull monster design. Also, the guns are the most underpowered peashooters ever. A huge disappointment, since the idea sounded quite interesting. [Oct 2007]
    The thread holding Jericho above that pit of legendary awfulness is thin and fraying. Mr. Barker, you're better than this.
  3. Jericho is clever enough for a good time with a FPS, however as anything else Jericho should trade in this blood gushing festival of carnage for jelly donuts.