7.4

1. Dec 2, 2012
    If you like games that take a day to beat this is your game. The action is just a god of war rip off with hints towards the fight for good and evil while Dante is looking for his wife's soul in hell. Just a terrible story line because it is uninteresting and at times just bland. The ending is funny to say the least about big black things. I was excited for this game and bought it brandIf you like games that take a day to beat this is your game. The action is just a god of war rip off with hints towards the fight for good and evil while Dante is looking for his wife's soul in hell. Just a terrible story line because it is uninteresting and at times just bland. The ending is funny to say the least about big black things. I was excited for this game and bought it brand new and it traded back in 2 days later in disappointment. For people who only could play this hack and slash game instead of God of War: I feel bad for you and say maybe it is time to switch over to ps3 with not paying for internet access it pays for itself. I could not imagine paying monthly to play online 10 times a month what a ploy to bleed money out the gamer. Expand
  2. JerryV
    Feb 10, 2010
    Awful awful And downright disgusting. What were they thinking when they sat down to approve the final take. Completely stolen game mechanics from God of War and not even a good clone. I'll give them credit for creating all this hype about how good it was gonna be but what a letdown it was after about 30 minutes of playing. I felt like I was going room to room door to door in hell. It Awful awful And downright disgusting. What were they thinking when they sat down to approve the final take. Completely stolen game mechanics from God of War and not even a good clone. I'll give them credit for creating all this hype about how good it was gonna be but what a letdown it was after about 30 minutes of playing. I felt like I was going room to room door to door in hell. It was pure agony to see the Same thing over and over again. It was like a movie with a horrible script and a bad ending. Did anyone else notice what a middle age farce and wimp Dante looks like . He seemed to be begging the damn devil all the time instead iftelling him to "go to hell" what a wimp. I am going back to gamestop and trading in this game for whatever it is theywill give me for it. I don't care what they give me for it, I was suckered out of $60 bucks and imagine a new release will be on the used game section after two days. I gave a score of 4 because gotta give the devs credit for approving and releasing this huge giant bomb R.I.P Dante and please no sequel, enough torture. Expand
  3. Jul 26, 2011
    The game is great, but the nudity is supreme. Younger people will wish they were 18. Only people living dependently can play it, sorry for family guys out there but this game is inaccessable for your kids.

But what the **** Dante beats Lucifer like hell while others only dream of, making this game unrealistic and uncomparable to life. Forget about the graphics and gameplays, this game is just a brick to a whole cut story which makes this game "ain't enough for a storyline".
  4. May 14, 2014
    I'd be a lot more lenient with the score if it weren't for the fact that the game is needlessly frustrating and punishing at points. Difficult is one thing but having to replay the same cutscene/tooltip messages over-and-over again because you failed over something stupid (there's a section where you have to kill 'x' enemies without losing your combo, otherwise it's game over). You'll windI'd be a lot more lenient with the score if it weren't for the fact that the game is needlessly frustrating and punishing at points. Difficult is one thing but having to replay the same cutscene/tooltip messages over-and-over again because you failed over something stupid (there's a section where you have to kill 'x' enemies without losing your combo, otherwise it's game over). You'll wind up getting stuck in parts that have absolutely no enemies in them because for some reason Visceral Games thought it'd be good gameplay to have you die at random points and spend two-three minutes a pop going over the same unskippable scenes.

Action games are supposed to be challenging, difficult and most of all entertaining. They decided to go the route of expecting everyone to have capped out spatial awareness and luck. Only real redeeming factor to the game is it's storyline and art style, beyond that you should probably play a game that doesn't focus on three second "oops I got hit" animations.
  5. Jun 8, 2014
    A bland God of War clone that does nothing to fix the mistakes God of War makes. If you could stand the awful camera's, horrible platforming sections, quicktime events and repetitive combat of God of War you might enjoy this as well, but don't expect anything more. You will still fall to your death every single section because of horrible camera's and terrible platforming. You will stillA bland God of War clone that does nothing to fix the mistakes God of War makes. If you could stand the awful camera's, horrible platforming sections, quicktime events and repetitive combat of God of War you might enjoy this as well, but don't expect anything more. You will still fall to your death every single section because of horrible camera's and terrible platforming. You will still get a sore thumb from mashing the Circle to do trivial things such as open doors, finish off enemies and open chests.

The story is good, and the way it is told through cutscenes and cartoons is cool, but the tedious gameplay, repetitive and idiotic platform sections and horrid checkpoint placement will probably kill any enjoyment you can get out of the story.

I especially enjoyed the parts where they placed a checkpoint prior to me opening three chests (that each involve mashing the circle button to open) followed shortly by a jump with a horrible camera that, if you miss it, forces to open the three chests again. It's a bit of a shame that there were numerous parts just like this throughout the game.

The progression system is good, leveling up your abilities with holy/unholy experience and gathering relics to improve your abilities is fun as well. The combat isn't awful, but it isn't any better than God of War either.

I normally do not mind games cloning other games, as long as they improve upon the original game in some way. Dante's Inferno does not do this. It makes all the mistakes God of War makes, and it makes a lot of them even worse, in addition to its own mistakes. If you can stand constant horrid quicktime events, awful platforming sections and a sore thumb from mashing the circle button, you might enjoy this game, but if you ever got frustrated with God of War you will be ten times as frustrated with Dante's Inferno, in that case save your money.
  6. Dec 10, 2014
    Cutscenes that you cant skip stink, the difficulty of the game is silly as well. Gluttony maze took youtube for me to pass, as well as thousands of others - why? Only game in my 171 ps3 titles I actually tossed in the bin.

1. Despite its visual aspect that was a bit below the standard ofn the genre, Dante's Inferno is able to provide fun and hold you until the end of the game. For some it can become repetitive and uninteresting, but it is a great choice for lovers of the genre.
  2. Obviously, critics will obsessively compare Dante's Inferno to other games, or complain about the quick time events, but don't let those nitpicky issues prevent you from experiencing this imaginative and fun adventure. It's one Hell of a good time..
  3. A copycat, yes, but when it's this thrilling, brutal and frankly, awesome we don't care.