Dark Sector PlayStation 3

7.5

1. Dec 17, 2014
    Not a game for me, way to average, with controls that doesn´t feel right, boring level design and a very frustrating gameplay, It frustrated me to a point that i refused to play it further. Found it for 5€ so it is alright because i would not pay more for it.
  2. Jul 25, 2011
    My sector got dark after a few moments in here. The story seemed to be quite well written, the unrelenting violence felt out of the world , and the graphics are awesome. In terms of normal conditions, it feels boring in some parts, very decent.
  3. Jan 31, 2011
    A slightly better than average game that was worth playing. I don't think this game is under rated but there are many, many games that received better ratings that I would score lower than Dark Sector.
  4. MichaelS
    Jul 20, 2008
    At first I was shocked at how unapolagetically the game ripped off Resident Evil 4, and how oafishly it played. But then I started to use the glaive, and had a hell of a good time. But when the glaive wore it's welcome, I was left with I game I didn't really feel motivated to play through too the end. Worth a rental... and not much else.
  5. ThomasR.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Dark Sector is one of those games you're not really sure you like or dislike. In my own personal opinion, I find killing enemies with a glaive rather tiresome, and also the fact that you can't only hold a weapon that isn't your default pistol for any more than 10 seconds. I found the game to be rather repetitive, and the boss fights not as good as i'd thought Dark Sector is one of those games you're not really sure you like or dislike. In my own personal opinion, I find killing enemies with a glaive rather tiresome, and also the fact that you can't only hold a weapon that isn't your default pistol for any more than 10 seconds. I found the game to be rather repetitive, and the boss fights not as good as i'd thought they'd be. The game is fairly easy considering Hayden heals so fast. With my own personal experience with Dark Sector I found ammo hard to come across and almost always had to use my glaive on numerous enemies at once. When all is said and done though, the game is much better than the majority of games, and is worth at least a rent. Expand
  6. Brian
    Apr 2, 2008
    It misses the spark of its inspiration. Borrows from the greatest of the genre, but gives nothing of its own to adhere to it.
  7. CollegeStudent
    Mar 27, 2008
    The graphics are great, but the controls can be hindering(they are VERY sensitive and perfect timing is a must!). The game itself is fun, but the puzzles and enemy fights range from really fun to a burden. I would buy this game(I did), because its awesome, and really is the dark side of Uncharted(with a sci-fi twist!), but when GTA IV comes out, you'll probably be trading it in.
  8. ChrisM.
    Mar 27, 2008
    Decent game that doesn

1. This is a stunning technical achievement, a dark horse, a must-rent and almost a must buy, but it lacks the variety, pacing or innovation to make it truly essential. [Apr 2008, p.18]
    When the really similar levels and waves of opponents get too repetitive towards the end of the game, Dark Sector's weak storyline might not be enough to carry the more fickle fan to the finish line...It's fun, but it's not perfect.
  3. The glaive is something that every action nut has to wrap his or her hands around. Like the BFG or the cerebral bore, you’ll remember this weapon forever. Sadly, you’ll remember the weapon more than the game itself.