7.7

1. Jan 30, 2012
    I had good memories with this game... this was one of my best games on my PS3. It was also very cheap at that time. This game maybe has muddy graphics and was released many years ago... but it was fun... the story, the graphics and all that stuff... still very good and beautiful too. You won't think that the graphics looks bad, you won't feel that the game is boring, because it's stillI had good memories with this game... this was one of my best games on my PS3. It was also very cheap at that time. This game maybe has muddy graphics and was released many years ago... but it was fun... the story, the graphics and all that stuff... still very good and beautiful too. You won't think that the graphics looks bad, you won't feel that the game is boring, because it's still very beautiful and has a good story telling. Actually still one of the best games even though we are in 2012 right now. You never do the same things, you always get suprised in the story and way you develope your weapons... many good things. The game is almost for free these days. Buy it maaaaaan. It won't hurt... you have to try this game out before you die one day. Expand
  2. Feb 12, 2011
    it not as bad as everyone say and now it only like $5 at gamestop it's a great pick up for any gamer. the online is alive and it's super fun when you get into it
  3. Jan 31, 2011
    A slightly better than average game that was worth playing. I don't think this game is under rated but there are many, many games that received better ratings that I would score lower than Dark Sector.
  4. Mar 1, 2011
    The critics didn'y take too kindly to this game, and I can't really figure out why.. It's unique, a good difficulty, has great gameplay, sound and graphics, and has new and brutal weapons to use. What's not to like?Tthis along with the awesome boss battles gives Dark Sector a gold star in my book.
  5. Jul 25, 2011
    My sector got dark after a few moments in here. The story seemed to be quite well written, the unrelenting violence felt out of the world , and the graphics are awesome. In terms of normal conditions, it feels boring in some parts, very decent.
  6. Oct 9, 2012
    All in all, it's a decent game... Though it has it's flaws such that in some situations the controls might bug out a little bit and picking up weapons is a little tricky in the heat of battle, the story is thought out enough such that it's engaging with enough twists to keep it interesting.

Given the fact that this game is dated by today's standards, it's nice to see that it does hold up well enough. the gameplay mechanics are also good. I can't give it a solid 10 as those flaws do break the immersion occasionally but for what it's worth, if you're into a decent cover-shooter game with a few tricks that hadn't been tried before it's time, you may be surprised.
  7. Dec 17, 2014
    Not a game for me, way to average, with controls that doesn´t feel right, boring level design and a very frustrating gameplay, It frustrated me to a point that i refused to play it further. Found it for 5€ so it is alright because i would not pay more for it.

1. This is a stunning technical achievement, a dark horse, a must-rent and almost a must buy, but it lacks the variety, pacing or innovation to make it truly essential. [Apr 2008, p.18]
    When the really similar levels and waves of opponents get too repetitive towards the end of the game, Dark Sector's weak storyline might not be enough to carry the more fickle fan to the finish line...It's fun, but it's not perfect.
  3. The glaive is something that every action nut has to wrap his or her hands around. Like the BFG or the cerebral bore, you’ll remember this weapon forever. Sadly, you’ll remember the weapon more than the game itself.