7.7

1. Jan 30, 2012
    I had good memories with this game... this was one of my best games on my PS3. It was also very cheap at that time. This game maybe has muddy graphics and was released many years ago... but it was fun... the story, the graphics and all that stuff... still very good and beautiful too. You won't think that the graphics looks bad, you won't feel that the game is boring, because it's stillI had good memories with this game... this was one of my best games on my PS3. It was also very cheap at that time. This game maybe has muddy graphics and was released many years ago... but it was fun... the story, the graphics and all that stuff... still very good and beautiful too. You won't think that the graphics looks bad, you won't feel that the game is boring, because it's still very beautiful and has a good story telling. Actually still one of the best games even though we are in 2012 right now. You never do the same things, you always get suprised in the story and way you develope your weapons... many good things. The game is almost for free these days. Buy it maaaaaan. It won't hurt... you have to try this game out before you die one day. Expand
  2. Brian
    Apr 2, 2008
    It misses the spark of its inspiration. Borrows from the greatest of the genre, but gives nothing of its own to adhere to it.
  3. BobbyS.
    Apr 8, 2008
    Oh no! nothing new Copyed game plays badly with gliches so I had to give it back.
  4. LarryFLintMundane
    Mar 26, 2008
    To tell you the truth this game didn't do it for me it was lacking several key items.
  5. MichaelS
    Jul 20, 2008
    At first I was shocked at how unapolagetically the game ripped off Resident Evil 4, and how oafishly it played. But then I started to use the glaive, and had a hell of a good time. But when the glaive wore it's welcome, I was left with I game I didn't really feel motivated to play through too the end. Worth a rental... and not much else.
  6. Tom
    Mar 31, 2008
    Bizarre story line, laughable anti-hero drama, but really it's all in good fun, for the fans of gore and sci-fi, this is definitely worth picking up, it's a short but intense and visceral ride, the controls might seem cumbersome at first but within' the first half hour you'll be throwing your glaive like no bodies business. Dark Sector is low on replayability so take Bizarre story line, laughable anti-hero drama, but really it's all in good fun, for the fans of gore and sci-fi, this is definitely worth picking up, it's a short but intense and visceral ride, the controls might seem cumbersome at first but within' the first half hour you'll be throwing your glaive like no bodies business. Dark Sector is low on replayability so take that as you will, perhaps a must rent for PS3 owners to get that Gears of Wars Esk feeling. Expand
  7. ErikaP.
    Apr 7, 2008
    I'm giving this game a 10. It looks great. The story is awsome. It doesn't feel fresh, however it borrowed ideas from only great games and came out with the great blend that is Dark Sector. Must give it a try. You'll regret you didn't, it's a sleeper hit. I hope a sequel is on it's way.
  8. JeffA.
    May 25, 2008
    This is one of those games that was announced a long time ago and just suddenly appeared on the shelves without much fanfare. If ever a game was a sleeper hit, Dark Sector is it. The Glaive alone is worth the price of admission.
  9. CalebMonday
    Jan 5, 2009
    I just bought this game and I know it late but the price was worth it. The graphics and gameplay are great the only thing I have to complain about is the story. I understand whats going on it's just not to captivating or interesting like DMC 4 or GTA 4. The glaive is what makes the game. If it wasn't for that the game would more than likely suck. Must-buy especially since the I just bought this game and I know it late but the price was worth it. The graphics and gameplay are great the only thing I have to complain about is the story. I understand whats going on it's just not to captivating or interesting like DMC 4 or GTA 4. The glaive is what makes the game. If it wasn't for that the game would more than likely suck. Must-buy especially since the price is so cheap. Expand
  10. ChrisM.
    Decent game that doesn
  11. Donnie
    Apr 6, 2008
    I can't believe the G4 review! I played through this game and thought it was pretty good. And I hear some reviewers and people talking about using the same button for killing enemies. NOT TRUE. There are many weapons and upgrades plus a combat system for punching. You can use the glaive normally or with a power throw, you can charge the glaive with elements and make it explode (with I can't believe the G4 review! I played through this game and thought it was pretty good. And I hear some reviewers and people talking about using the same button for killing enemies. NOT TRUE. There are many weapons and upgrades plus a combat system for punching. You can use the glaive normally or with a power throw, you can charge the glaive with elements and make it explode (with R3) on enemies, you can pick up enemies weapons and use them for a limited time, and you have your own guns too, 2 at a time to be exact, and you can buy different weapons. I used an automatic handgun and a sniper. This game is not one dimensional. You also gain powers as you make your way through like a shield and invisibility. The running and rolling are done with the X button, but it's easy to control. Tap X for roll, hold X for run...not that hard. There are pretty cool bosses which you must figure out how to beat. Controls are great, glaive is great, guns are great, sound effects and voice acting is great and enemies are pretty fun to kill. I especially like to slow down the glaive and the camera will zoom in on it and you control where it goes (hopefully through an enemies head or torso. Anyway, I like COD4 and other FPS's, and this was a good, fun change of pace. The only flaws were the multiplayer and the story wasn't all that....but it was still fun to play. What's not to like, unless you just suck at playing video games. Collapse
  12. ThomasR.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Dark Sector is one of those games you're not really sure you like or dislike. In my own personal opinion, I find killing enemies with a glaive rather tiresome, and also the fact that you can't only hold a weapon that isn't your default pistol for any more than 10 seconds. I found the game to be rather repetitive, and the boss fights not as good as i'd thought Dark Sector is one of those games you're not really sure you like or dislike. In my own personal opinion, I find killing enemies with a glaive rather tiresome, and also the fact that you can't only hold a weapon that isn't your default pistol for any more than 10 seconds. I found the game to be rather repetitive, and the boss fights not as good as i'd thought they'd be. The game is fairly easy considering Hayden heals so fast. With my own personal experience with Dark Sector I found ammo hard to come across and almost always had to use my glaive on numerous enemies at once. When all is said and done though, the game is much better than the majority of games, and is worth at least a rent. Expand
  13. JulioM.
    Mar 30, 2008
    WORTH PLAYING!!!!... astonishing graphics + sick finishing moves + great multiplayer + sweet sound effects + a original deadly weapon at your disposal = UNFORGETTABLE GAMING EXPERIENCE, MUST HAVE GAME.
    Apr 1, 2008
    Awesome game! Great cover and fun end boss characters. Must buy!
  15. JoeP.
    Mar 27, 2008
    The game is good but the bad is the multiplayer and the history but forfan players of Resident Evil and Gears of War will love up this game.
  16. CollegeStudent
    Mar 27, 2008
    The graphics are great, but the controls can be hindering(they are VERY sensitive and perfect timing is a must!). The game itself is fun, but the puzzles and enemy fights range from really fun to a burden. I would buy this game(I did), because its awesome, and really is the dark side of Uncharted(with a sci-fi twist!), but when GTA IV comes out, you'll probably be trading it in.
  17. michaelkirkham
    Oct 21, 2009
    this game totally deserves to be played it got a lot of negative reviews when it came out but i never really understood why its a fun cinematic exparience with a cool ass new weapon in the form of the glave yes the story and playing style borrows from lots of aspects of other media but you could leve;l that complaint at so many other games whats important here is that the game is fun andthis game totally deserves to be played it got a lot of negative reviews when it came out but i never really understood why its a fun cinematic exparience with a cool ass new weapon in the form of the glave yes the story and playing style borrows from lots of aspects of other media but you could leve;l that complaint at so many other games whats important here is that the game is fun and at the prices you can find it for now it would be crazy not to add this one to your collection Expand
  18. EnochC
    Dec 17, 2008
    I really don't see why everyone calls this game 'overly mediocre' or 'ripoff of others'. It has similar elements, but the glaive and art style completely makes it unique - i don't know of any other game that was 75% Russian enemies w/ zombies, and all killlable with a guy in a bio-metal suit with a huge weapon called a glaive. This is underrated severely, and I really don't see why everyone calls this game 'overly mediocre' or 'ripoff of others'. It has similar elements, but the glaive and art style completely makes it unique - i don't know of any other game that was 75% Russian enemies w/ zombies, and all killlable with a guy in a bio-metal suit with a huge weapon called a glaive. This is underrated severely, and needs more respect. It's a fun game, and definitely, GO BY THE USER COMMENTS. They know more than the critics do, they own/play more often than them and can appreciate it more. Expand
  19. Feb 12, 2011
    it not as bad as everyone say and now it only like $5 at gamestop it's a great pick up for any gamer. the online is alive and it's super fun when you get into it
  20. Jan 31, 2011
    A slightly better than average game that was worth playing. I don't think this game is under rated but there are many, many games that received better ratings that I would score lower than Dark Sector.
  21. Mar 1, 2011
    The critics didn'y take too kindly to this game, and I can't really figure out why.. It's unique, a good difficulty, has great gameplay, sound and graphics, and has new and brutal weapons to use. What's not to like?Tthis along with the awesome boss battles gives Dark Sector a gold star in my book.
  22. Jul 25, 2011
    My sector got dark after a few moments in here. The story seemed to be quite well written, the unrelenting violence felt out of the world , and the graphics are awesome. In terms of normal conditions, it feels boring in some parts, very decent.
  23. Oct 9, 2012
    All in all, it's a decent game... Though it has it's flaws such that in some situations the controls might bug out a little bit and picking up weapons is a little tricky in the heat of battle, the story is thought out enough such that it's engaging with enough twists to keep it interesting.

Given the fact that this game is dated by today's standards, it's nice to see that it does hold up well enough. the gameplay mechanics are also good. I can't give it a solid 10 as those flaws do break the immersion occasionally but for what it's worth, if you're into a decent cover-shooter game with a few tricks that hadn't been tried before it's time, you may be surprised.
  24. Dec 17, 2014
    Not a game for me, way to average, with controls that doesn´t feel right, boring level design and a very frustrating gameplay, It frustrated me to a point that i refused to play it further. Found it for 5€ so it is alright because i would not pay more for it.

1. This is a stunning technical achievement, a dark horse, a must-rent and almost a must buy, but it lacks the variety, pacing or innovation to make it truly essential. [Apr 2008, p.18]
    When the really similar levels and waves of opponents get too repetitive towards the end of the game, Dark Sector's weak storyline might not be enough to carry the more fickle fan to the finish line...It's fun, but it's not perfect.
  3. The glaive is something that every action nut has to wrap his or her hands around. Like the BFG or the cerebral bore, you’ll remember this weapon forever. Sadly, you’ll remember the weapon more than the game itself.