Dark Void PlayStation 3

5.9

1. mellisad
    Jan 19, 2010
    I can't believe how terrible this game is. A huge waste of money. Do not buy this!
  2. DrewD
    Jan 20, 2010
    I only played the demo and from what I experienced, the game play seemed very generic. The jetpack was fun but also very annoying at times, especially when the UFOs would continually fly past you. Basically, the targeting system is a major down fall to the game. From what Ive seen, as far as critique, I do not play on buying this but may rent it and beat it during a Blockbuster Game Pass I only played the demo and from what I experienced, the game play seemed very generic. The jetpack was fun but also very annoying at times, especially when the UFOs would continually fly past you. Basically, the targeting system is a major down fall to the game. From what Ive seen, as far as critique, I do not play on buying this but may rent it and beat it during a Blockbuster Game Pass lol. An 8 hour campaign with bad reviews isnt worth anyone's $60. Expand
  3. Tyler
    Jan 20, 2010
    The game suffers from simply being extremely average. Theres nothing that jumps out, yet it had so much potential and looked promising. The graphics are dimminished for what i assume was to make it 3D capable, in which if that is the case, never make any game 3D capable again because I dont want degraded graphics for those 5 people who want to wear glasses. Environments are very generic The game suffers from simply being extremely average. Theres nothing that jumps out, yet it had so much potential and looked promising. The graphics are dimminished for what i assume was to make it 3D capable, in which if that is the case, never make any game 3D capable again because I dont want degraded graphics for those 5 people who want to wear glasses. Environments are very generic without much detail, flight can be a pain with rather odd controls, 3rd person shooting on ground doesnt add much to the game/just throws off the balance it seems. Could have been so much more, but sadly it seems Capcom hasn't been able to adapt to the next-gen systems yet. Rent first or just avoid. Expand
  4. DerrickJ
    Jan 19, 2010
    I was disappointed in the bland action. Nothing that kept any excitement alive.

1. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    While the shooting and platforming elements don't individually ignite the gameplay experience, when Dark Void combines them with the superb aerial combat, the action soars and the game's potential is fully realized. [Feb 2010, p.78]
  2. The jetpack might be a nice gimmick, but it’s not innovative enough to carry an entire game, especially since vertical cover can only be used in certain places. Everything else in Dark Void is as generic as generic can be. The level design, enemies, weapons and story, nothing stands out particularly. But for an eight hour single player-only experience, it should have.
  3. Game Informer
    Unfortunately, the shining strengths of the game are buried underneath a thick layer of rust that only the thirstiest of air-junkies should bother chipping through. [Feb 2010, p.95]