7.0

1. Sep 2, 2012
    I was really looking forward to this as I expected they would only improve it over the first one. At the end of the day, this is a big disappointment. They tried a bit too hard I think. The addition of multiples of items that get picked up every five minutes, really cheapens the concept of extra armour. In the original darksiders, new armour for War was very cool. In this game it is justI was really looking forward to this as I expected they would only improve it over the first one. At the end of the day, this is a big disappointment. They tried a bit too hard I think. The addition of multiples of items that get picked up every five minutes, really cheapens the concept of extra armour. In the original darksiders, new armour for War was very cool. In this game it is just "Meh, whatever". Then there is the horse. In the first game it was pretty interesting when you got to ride the horse for a bit. Now in darksiders 2, riding the horse is boring. As well as actually riding the horse being boring, it results in the areas being boring. You end up with a few large plains, with some dungeons dotted around the place. This actually polarises the game between horse bits and dungeons. It takes the intrigue out of world exploration as you know what to expect. Due to the drawbacks of these elements of the game, I decided to set it to easy so I could go through the game easily and quickly. but they couldn't even get that right. I ended up going up against a boss who my zombie decoys died against in 3 seconds so I couldn't distract him, I was hardly taking any health off him and got completely slaughtered. On easy. There is of course the existence of bonus items. The limited edition gives a really powerful weapon, but this just makes the weapons you pick up useless. It takes out any sense of reward for collecting stuff, not that there would be anyway since the game throws stuff at you. It seems backwards, when you really need some health you just can't seem to pick any up. When you don't need health it gets thrown at you. It's just all really, really wrong.

I haven't even mentioned the poor level design. I simply cannot imagine how the game designers failed to notice that their volcano was moving from one side of the temple to the opposite side. The art design of the environments is bad, with overlapping textures causing a horrible flickering effect, some places there are glaring gaps in the geometry so you can see through to the other side. The general art direction is very clumsy with many areas just being very difficult to figure out and resulting in a mess of clutter.
  2. Sep 4, 2012
    This is a disappointing sequel to War's Darksiders. The game is so incredibly boring and it feels very lengthy. The "puzzles" in this game are all similiar. Everytime when you make a progress in this game you are set out to collect 3 objects every single time. It's like you are repeating the same tasks over and over again. It seems very reused but I give this game 4/10 because I like theThis is a disappointing sequel to War's Darksiders. The game is so incredibly boring and it feels very lengthy. The "puzzles" in this game are all similiar. Everytime when you make a progress in this game you are set out to collect 3 objects every single time. It's like you are repeating the same tasks over and over again. It seems very reused but I give this game 4/10 because I like the loot system. You can equip Death with all kinds of armors and weapons to give him a hardcore look. Expand
  3. Sep 3, 2012
    I don't want to waste my time with a full review but just wanted to say that when I found the horse as War on the 1st game my heart was pumping. Also no need to turn an action adventure title that was loved so much on the 1st title into an rpg, plz no, don't make me go to my menus to equip **** all the time. Otherwsie i would have picked ff13-2 wouldn't i? or 1 of the other millions ofI don't want to waste my time with a full review but just wanted to say that when I found the horse as War on the 1st game my heart was pumping. Also no need to turn an action adventure title that was loved so much on the 1st title into an rpg, plz no, don't make me go to my menus to equip **** all the time. Otherwsie i would have picked ff13-2 wouldn't i? or 1 of the other millions of rpgs. I picked darkisders to play a zelda/gow like experience, not a prince of persia/zelda mix/ and if you are going to make me use the horse, at least make me like it is in shadow of the colossus, riding the horse on that game felt incredible in 3D. Less is more. When u found armor like the other fellow member reviewd, it was a big deal. it made u feel cool, I think devs should only give u items at the end of a boss battle and beginning of a chapter or smth like that, the pace was incredibly slow. Remember the FEELING WHEN YOU find something like a shield or a gauntlet in gow, it's a nice feeling, cause it's very RARE. Dont turn everything into rpg plz let the action genre survive. I hope these lessons will make for a killer outstanding Darksiders 3. Here's to a great DS4 on PS4 with 4 player online co-op MANDATORY story as all 4 horsemen. MY DREAM! Expand
  4. Sep 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am new at this web page. So here it comes...I have a huge experience of playing games of this kind. My first reaction with this game was " Don't, like at all". This Darksiders could have been a must have game...But it isn't. Let me tell you why:

The Good:

1- Good character. If you say "I am Death", that is a good beginning.
    2-Hack and Slash When you have a strong weapon, the fighting becomes interesting. The fact that you hit a special combo and the Reaper appears is awesome. However, That is the only innovation that this game has.
    3- Nice abilities like the "prince of persia Warrior Within"
    4- The Pursuit of "WHEN I AM GOING TO SEE WAR?!
    5- The best thing in the game, the music.

The BAD

1- COLORS: I am death, the rider of death, not a neon ninght rider. At every step all my surrondings should be death...No Colors, life, violet neon ligt...This is the worst part of all. As a gamer, you need to recognize with the charachter. Some feeling of justice, rage, good or evil...But here...nothing of these appears. This is something that could have easily be done...but they failed at this. Check for instance Assura's wrath (the game is not excellent, but it tells you everytime, that the guy is really angry)
    2-Scenary: I have seen a negative critic here and it looks like mine. You have two instances, Horse or dungeon. Don't expect to search the entire map or discover any place that feels amazing...Everything looks with shinny colors. They definitely should at least copy something from the skyrim Dungeons scaries place to be.....
    3- Story: The first ten hours could have easily been deleted. Really. From dungeon to dungeon...Side quests...I do not know why should I do them...The argument of saving War is good, but not enough. I did not care the story or did not get involved in, I just wanted to end the game beacuse i Bought it.
    4- Personally-- The QTE should be included here and we have not any.
    5- The dungeons looked all the same!! This matter is very important, becasue, this type of scenaries have been created long ago...Take a look in Zelda You have a palace of water! Or rock or fire...That makes different dungeon to play with, therefore a different game to play...

Concluction:

This game is not as really really bad it just looked empty. The first game was a master piece, but this, is a regular game. My expectations were really high and none of them were satisfied. Everything looked boring and well known, without suprises. In darksiders, we have an excellent argument, please guys, please, use it to produce something that blows my mind. Add a co op, make the atmosphere darker, with mistery, make that every item adds really something to the game (Consider Megaman X or God of war 3) Every item should add something or should change radically the game. NOT an item just for the dungeon, THAT IS COMPLETELY WRONG! For example, (SPOILLER!!) when death divides in two, I am not allowed to fight with them!!! Therefore, that item is useless outside a dungeon....
    Last, Death is violent, and he acts like "I Can do anything"...Wrong again. Death should claim the death of everything that surrounds him...The voice hould be darker, like inspir ing fear...like he is dying. And add some heavy metal to the music...That is something that pays all the time!!

Best regards
  5. Oct 6, 2012
    I'm an upset user of your game on ps3, because the game seems to have a bug that doesn't allow me finishing the game!.
    The bug appears on the side quest heart stone part #2 I destroyed my construct to get the shadow ball into the slot in the room to the eat to let bring down the barriers so i can get to the heart stone. Instead I threw the ball in to the water by the stone crusher.
  6. Sep 9, 2012
    This game is unstoppable hype and nothing more. There is a reason the user reviews are so low. The longer you play the more you will see.

Here
  7. Oct 22, 2012
    The more I played, the more beyond frustrated I got. There is some 8-bit design here. As well as camera problems and other frustrations that have led me to re-review this game. Dungeons that go on so long they almost feel like a drawn out separate game. Too many puzzles that require aimless walking around just to find one thing that leads to another tedious puzzle. Lots of good parts butThe more I played, the more beyond frustrated I got. There is some 8-bit design here. As well as camera problems and other frustrations that have led me to re-review this game. Dungeons that go on so long they almost feel like a drawn out separate game. Too many puzzles that require aimless walking around just to find one thing that leads to another tedious puzzle. Lots of good parts but just way to many frustrations. Collapse
  8. Oct 14, 2012
    Darksiders is an okay game. Just okay, a little bland overall but nothing offensive.

I'll start with the games largest flaws, since that's easy. The game is a tiresome drudge from start to finish that will never really challenge the player. Just about every enemy in the game is defeated via the same tactic, which is to walk up to them and repeatedly press square. The only use for using anything other than the default combo is that it's boring seeing the same animation over and over, and once you get the charging attack which you will get right at the very beginning, the game becomes painfully easy.

Overall the game took me 15 hours to complete then an additional 4 hours to 100%. In total I died only a handful of times, the first few bosses seem promising, they are a reasonable challenge, however the bosses actually get easier as the game goes on. The first boss is the coolest, hardest and most fun in the game. The last boss is the easiest and most boring. Strange. However these boss fights are the only parts of the game that contain any challenge. Battles between bosses consist of mowing through cannon fodder, the game tries to make this more dificult for you by locking the door behind you in just about every room you walk into. However this doesn't help. You have a massive amount of health, and you don't need it, you will be skipping just about every chest you come across because you don't need health and mana refills, even cash, I had soon bought everything there was to buy and had nothing to do with money. The dungeon have some pretty cool design ideas however all the puzzles within them are linear, by that I mean: anything you do will take you one step closer to the solution. My advice: when you walk into a puzzle room just mess with whatever you can see without stopping to think because the puzzle will solve itself. There was literally a single puzzle in the entire game where I was forced to stop and think about how to solve it (portal gun cage & weights puzzle)

Lastly on my list of cons is the aesthetics. The game has good 'graphics' but a bad 'art style'. However if you like the artstyle I suppose you might think the whole thing looks great. However most of the art seemed like knocked back concepts for Warcraft or war hammer. Too cheesy to be cool but not outrageous enough to be taken seriously. The game world did however have a nice aesthetic feel to it on the whole.

The combat is fluid, it feels very nice, the mechanics are nice despite being unutilized. The attacks feel nice and the enemies have impressive finishers. The items are fantastic and definitely the stand out feature of the game. The leveling up mechanic was meaningless. There were a fair amount of secrets, however you get multiple items that tell you the locations of all the secrets so they aren't exactly 'secret'.

The story is an afterthought. However I don't take that into account in the score.

The game is certainly worth playing, but probably not worth buying or renting. More of a borrow from a friend if they happen to have it and your bored type of thing, like you would a trashy movie. On the whole an okay game, a bit below average and thus 4/10
  9. Oct 22, 2012

1. Nov 27, 2012
    Darksiders II is an extremely deep and well balanced game. While Darksiders II may not appeal to everyone, its certainly going to please those looking for a deep and enjoyable action adventure title.
  2. Oct 27, 2012
    The setting and the scope of it all is simply massive and as a pure action-adventure it does a great job. On the technical side of things it's a lot less impressive, with poor graphics and everything that comes with, but nonetheless Darksiders II is a great game.
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    Darksiders 2 adds a lot of variety compared to the original. The RPG elements are decent fun, but what really stands out is the superb musical score composed by Jesper Kyd. [Sept 2012]