Datura PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: May 8, 2012
5.7

1. May 8, 2012
    I don't even know how to review this. I've been following the coverage for this game and despite seeing the mixed reviews I still gave it a shot just to see what it was all about. If you are looking for a really exciting game do not buy this. I think the makers just wanted to show that videogames can be much more than your run of the mill game. I don't have the Move Motion controller, so II don't even know how to review this. I've been following the coverage for this game and despite seeing the mixed reviews I still gave it a shot just to see what it was all about. If you are looking for a really exciting game do not buy this. I think the makers just wanted to show that videogames can be much more than your run of the mill game. I don't have the Move Motion controller, so I just had to use a normal controller and at first a few of the parts pissed me off. I thought the controls were absolutely terrible but come to find out on my 2nd play through I was just doing them completely wrong. The onscreen help isn't much help. For a two hour game with somewhat finicky controls and only a few cool parts, I'm not so sure it was worth 10 bucks. I recommend this game if you are a trophy whore (you can easily get all of them on your first play through) or you are just very curious like I was. Expand
  2. May 8, 2012
    Datura have much great points, the graphics, the idea, but have a biggest problem, and is the next, is really short. I think that if plastic do this game really large, the score can be better.
  3. May 15, 2012
    Well, this game is hard to talk about. The graphics and parts of the game play are great for a 9.99 downloadable game. Although sometimes the controls can be god awful, the game is great at certain points but later that greatness vanishes at a blink of an eye. Mainly because the game makes zero sense. Where are you, why are you there, how did you get in that ambulance at the start of theWell, this game is hard to talk about. The graphics and parts of the game play are great for a 9.99 downloadable game. Although sometimes the controls can be god awful, the game is great at certain points but later that greatness vanishes at a blink of an eye. Mainly because the game makes zero sense. Where are you, why are you there, how did you get in that ambulance at the start of the game, so on and so on. I geuss thats part of the artistic feel of the game. Your not supposed to get it and try to think of what it all means by yourself. But NONE of it is explained and makes the whole experience feel not worth while. Only consider this title if you like weird trippy games that dont make sense. If thats what you like Collapse Expand
  4. May 21, 2012
    It's a very tough game to score properly. Controls:
    I'm not in total agreement with the move controls beign crap. I actually found them reasonably good. However they are very sensitive to your distance from the camera so if you move from your standing position mid game, particulary if you go a step closer to the tv they do get screwed up because the hand will be too far into the screen.
    It's a very tough game to score properly. Controls:
    Story:
    The game is very short. You should give yourself 2 hours, take your time and play through in one sitting. It is a quite dark and moody feel to it and the story really lets you decide for yourself the meaning. I liked that element but I can see how people woudl dislike it just as much.
    Gameplay:
    Pretty minimal and nothing to rave about. You're walking through a wood. There are some things to interact with if you want to. Your interaction and decision making advances the story a bit and will affect the ending which is good which might make yoiu play again but I rarely replay any game so I'll stick to the ending I got.

Overall I'd give it a 6. was good to use the move for soemthign unique but the game is average enough.
  5. Jul 10, 2012
    Great game, overall. The presentation, music, and graphics are great. But, the controls SUCK! It takes a while just to do a task, and you might not get what you even wanted to do. The lasting appeal isn't great either, for I beat it in 45 min AND got all of the trophies in my first playthrough. That said, this game might not be worth $10, but it's worth a play.
  6. Dec 3, 2016
    I played this game thanks to the PS+ subscription but I'll be reviewing it like if i paid its full price as it is no longer free to download. Datura is a game much closer to a tech demo for the PS Move than a true game on its own.

Artistically the game has its own identity and provide a poetic experience about right and wrong and the use of the PS Move is great, but the game is so short (less than one hour) it doesn't make it worthy at all (and there's not much to say either).

In conclusion I doesn't advice the game for any one except if you have the absolute need to use your PS Move as Datura is way too expensive for its length.
  7. Sep 30, 2016
    Datura is a first-person adventure game, it was developed by Plastic and published by Sony Computer Entertainment.

+ Atmospheric
    + Intriguing Story
    - Poor Controls
  8. Nov 1, 2016
    Nice visuals, nice soundtrack and that's it. Short, clumsy control (I played with the six axis, not Move), no difficulty to solve the puzzles and a story that is not explained at all.

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jul 16, 2012
    Short and puzzling in more ways than one. A clunky oddity. [August 2012, p81]
  2. Jul 2, 2012
    Datura only takes you about two hours to complete, which starts off by twenty minutes of yelling at the Move controller and fiddling with the unfortunate control scheme. It is then followed by a stroll through an absurd and amazing world, that will create an experience you won't soon forget. An experience, however, filled with non-challenging puzzles.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Jun 29, 2012
    Those with a taste for the unusual will likely enjoy Datura, as it's contemplative and slow and builds surprising tension at times. But ultimately, it's just an interesting yet flawed experiment. [Aug 2012, p.86]