3.5

1. Apr 20, 2011
    it not a bad game it fun to play
  2. Mar 14, 2011
    Simply put, this is a terrible game, even taking account of how inexpensive it is. The graphics are grainy and sub-par, textures are very low-res. It almost reminds me of Daytona USA, although there is some fun to be had in that game. In terms of gameplay, expect to spend most of your time in the wall. Cars are way too twitchy, even for an arcade racer. There are also framerate issues, questionable AI drivers, and a slew of other giant problems that really hold this back. I was upset when I played because of my fondness for the film and was hoping it was at least as good as Top Gun was (even though I'm still not happy they used a Kenny Loggins knock-off to do the theme), but sadly I was disappointed. Unless you're part of the Cole Trickle fan club or made your own pretend "Get well soon Rowdy!" greeting cards, stay away from this game. Expand
  3. Mar 1, 2011
    I knew going in that the game would be more arcadey, and would not have all of the NASCAR drivers and tracks. However, the cars are still very loose handling even for an arcade racing game. Plus, there is not much variety. You qualify, then you race. During the race you have two meters, one that slows time and one that is a turbo boost. They are cool features, but they need constant recharging. But every single race is the same pretty much. In addition to that, there is not really any sense of speed. I have played other NASCAR racing games in the past: 200 mph in this game at let's say Homestead-Miami really feels like a pace lap in other games. Sure there are unlockables, and I haven't yet played derby mode, but the game itself isn't the best. However, it is only $10.
    PS. Some of the tracks in the game are horribly renditioned. The apron at Darlington is a racing groove, completely changing the track characteristics, and I believe that Martinsville has the pit road on the wrong side of the track.

There are no critic reviews yet.