Dead Space 3: Awakened PlayStation 3

5.9

1. Apr 30, 2013
    I had a great time playing Dead Space 3 with a buddy and was very happy to have some more content to play on. The expansion was spooky and had 3 or 4 new enemies to fight with. Additionally, it had a whole new set of really fun trophies to collect.

I had a blast with Awakened.
  2. Mar 13, 2013
    The game finally returns to its roots of horror, and it does so fairly successfully but fortunately, those too frightened to play have the option of pairing up with a friend to make it far easier, something which EA should think about if they want to expand the market share to the non-horror oriented audience. Those playing it in co-op will find the game markedly less scary, but even inThe game finally returns to its roots of horror, and it does so fairly successfully but fortunately, those too frightened to play have the option of pairing up with a friend to make it far easier, something which EA should think about if they want to expand the market share to the non-horror oriented audience. Those playing it in co-op will find the game markedly less scary, but even in single-player, the game's fear factor is marred by the we've-seen-it-all-before factor.

Still, the DLC is rousing good fun, and Visceral capitalizes on its claim that the DLC is disturbing though to say that it is the most disturbing of the entire series is probably not true. What is more disturbing is the DLC's short life, which is about two hours perhaps an extra thirty minutes if you play it on "Impossible." A good formula for the length of a game is probably about 40% of what you paid for it anything else is added value or too long, and anything less is just too short. So given that you pay $10 for the DLC, you would expect additional content that's at least four hours long, but some people who rush through content could probably finish it in less than two hours.
  3. Mar 29, 2013
    Dead Space Awakened definitely has the creep factor that the core game lacked. I was a fun experience and should not be missed if you're a huge Dead Space fan like myself. Its an interesting epilogue to the main game that had me gripped to the epic conclusion. However I do feel or the $10 price tag is a bit high considering you can run through it in an hour or two. That being said that'sDead Space Awakened definitely has the creep factor that the core game lacked. I was a fun experience and should not be missed if you're a huge Dead Space fan like myself. Its an interesting epilogue to the main game that had me gripped to the epic conclusion. However I do feel or the $10 price tag is a bit high considering you can run through it in an hour or two. That being said that's my only complaint for this DLC. It's still the DS I know and love and that's good enough for me. Expand
  4. Jul 16, 2015
    Its very good.

I found it spookier than DS 2 & 3. I also found it harder. Perhaps because I was a bit out of practice, having not played a DS game for a while. But also because the enemies seem to attack in 'hordes' far more often than in previous DS games. Enjoyed revisiting locations from the previous game and seeing how they'd changed. Good story add-on, stays true to the
    Its very good.

I found it spookier than DS 2 & 3.

Good story add-on, stays true to the 'look & feel' of the previous games - and provides a fitting epilogue to DS3.

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Apr 22, 2013
    Without spoiling too much, you could say that apparently Dead Space 3 didn't really end, because this Awakened-DLC could be considered to be an epilogue to the whole mess. Unfortunately, it is way too short and contains recycled content. [April 2013, p.89]
  2. Mar 19, 2013
    Awakened is a thin piece of DLC that really only subsists on what made Dead Space 3 good to begin with, and offers little else. It also sells you the real ending to a game you already bought, and the big cliffhanger setup for Dead Space 4, at the rate of $10 — and that kind of sucks.
    Awakened is a good, dementia filled experience for anyone who liked Dead Space 3 and was left wanting more, but will do little to sway new owners into picking up the game just for the downloadable content.