Dead Space Ignition PlayStation 3

3.9

1. May 27, 2015
    Interesting snippet of Dead Space backstory wrapped around 3 minigames. One minigame (lights and mirrors) is quite good, one is frustrating (racing lines through obstacles) and one is just confusing mess (firing spinney things through a maze). I bought it on sale just for the backstory, but I wish I could skip the minigames, or at least select a difficulty level.
  2. May 2, 2011
    A mushy turd. The kind you step when you walk on the beach barefoot. Green moss-infested seagull scum. Getting it for free was too high of a price, I want the time I wasted back. Save your money. In all fairness though, it's challenging to get all the trophies for it. But it's just not worth it, even if you're a trophy hunter. It's not fun at all, it has nothing to do with Dead SpaceA mushy turd. The kind you step when you walk on the beach barefoot. Green moss-infested seagull scum. Getting it for free was too high of a price, I want the time I wasted back. Save your money. In all fairness though, it's challenging to get all the trophies for it. But it's just not worth it, even if you're a trophy hunter. It's not fun at all, it has nothing to do with Dead Space besides the tie-in with the story. And come to think of it, I feel bad for whoever had to write the story for it. Now their credited with it.

I'm kind of burying this game, but honestly, who thought this would be a good idea? Find that guy and fire him. Give him a slap across the face too.
    Call his mother and ask her if he was dropped on his head, then email me to so I can rest in peace knowing what gave this project a green-light.
  3. Feb 21, 2011
    Dead Space Ignition is by far the worst PSN game that I have ever touched. Anyone who did not get this game for free with preorder I could honestly say I feel bad for. The game consists of 4 boring mini games, and takes about a half hour to complete. There are multi options to the story of this game, however the cutscenes which are basically a poorly drawn comic, are not enough to makeDead Space Ignition is by far the worst PSN game that I have ever touched. Anyone who did not get this game for free with preorder I could honestly say I feel bad for. The game consists of 4 boring mini games, and takes about a half hour to complete. There are multi options to the story of this game, however the cutscenes which are basically a poorly drawn comic, are not enough to make this game worth while. The only reason to play this game is for un-lockable items in DS2. I would honestly feel bad about recommending this game to anyone. So unless you want that hacking suit unlock for dead space 2, do not buy this game. Expand
  4. Wil
    Nov 10, 2010
    I actually really enjoyed the hacking and cracking games, there were three types all which presented a different challenge. I could do most of them after a couple of attempts but the real challenge was completing them quickly against other players leaderboard times or in multiplayer with friends. The visual presentation and audio of the games was tight. The comic was well voiced but had aI actually really enjoyed the hacking and cracking games, there were three types all which presented a different challenge. I could do most of them after a couple of attempts but the real challenge was completing them quickly against other players leaderboard times or in multiplayer with friends. The visual presentation and audio of the games was tight. The comic was well voiced but had a strange animation style but it all tied together I don't understand why its getting the review bashing it is considering the price offering and what you get for that price! Expand
  5. Oct 26, 2010
    As a fan of the game and storyline it really wasn't a bad game (game?).. How would you like a comic book with decent characters and a good storyline which act as an intro to Dead Space 2? Ok, then this animate that (admittedly poorly) add some unique puzzles to change things up a bit and get rewarded with things to use in Dead Space 2.. Pretty solid imo, and at a decent price aswell (orAs a fan of the game and storyline it really wasn't a bad game (game?).. How would you like a comic book with decent characters and a good storyline which act as an intro to Dead Space 2? Ok, then this animate that (admittedly poorly) add some unique puzzles to change things up a bit and get rewarded with things to use in Dead Space 2.. Pretty solid imo, and at a decent price aswell (or free if you pre-order DS2 from selected stores). However for a newcomer who isn't really a fan of Dead Space, I doubt anything will be of interest to you.â Expand
  6. Oct 19, 2010
    It wasn't apparent what this game was about, or how to play it. The first mini game was lines racing somewhere. You couldn't cut them off like Tron light cycles. The graphics were okay and the audio was great. I don't think anyone should pay money for this. You'd better off spending it on a cheeseburger. I have played better games on Atari 2600.
  7. May 2, 2011

1. Jan 10, 2011
    Dead Space: Ignition competently expands the series' fiction but fails to deliver in any other department.
  2. Jan 10, 2011
    A game based solely on introducing the hacking mini-games was a terrible idea. Add in the terrible narrative, atrocious graphics and complete lack of replay value to get one of the worst prequels I've ever played.
  3. Play UK
    Dec 25, 2010
    As much as we enjoyed Dead Space and look forward to its sequel, this really is a poor effort from Sumo Digital and Visceral Games. [Issue#199, p.103]