8.8

1. Aug 23, 2014
    I had to try this game with all the positive reviews - what a let down. You spend all your time going back n forth, same spot, same thing. Extremely redundant and I am sure shocked at the reviews. Zero and I mean zero variety. I am surely in the minority but I binned my copy after trying to like this game.
  2. Oct 7, 2012
    I rated this at a 2, to be nice. I bought it, tried and had regret after I played it. I really tried to give this a good try. The game mechanics were just annoying. The story reminded me of a cross between Doom and Quake 4. Both good games, but this game missed the mark for me. I am glad others enjoyed it, but this is one game I will never miss. Everyone says it's scary....I just wonder how. I hate writing negative reviews, it just feels wrong. Expand
  3. Jan 10, 2011
    Although I seem to be in a very small minority, I just don't like this game. Firstly, it's really difficult, even on the easiest difficulty level. Secondly, it's too frightening to play for any length of time. I don't like the sensation of being in a state of panic for hours on end. Thirdly, it's too long and doesn't change up the pacing or variety enough.

1. Dead Space is a beautiful videogame, showing incredible polish and detail in both the visuals and the control. The amount of love and attention packed into this title is apparent, as scares and action are perfectly blended. What an incredibly impressive way for a new survival horror franchise to debut!
  2. A spectacular game which shows vividly that "Resident Evil" is not the king of survival horrors anymore.
  3. The combat is fast and frantic, the interface excellent, the controls responsive, and it provides an overall satisfying experience. While it's fun, though, there isn't much that's memorable about Dead Space. It feels like patchwork that's been slapped together from other franchises, and it lacks a spirit of its own to make it stand out from the pack.