7.7

1. Jun 27, 2014
    This review can taken with a large grain of salt as to your decision in purchasing it.
    When I bought this game, I was expecting something akin to Silent Hill and for the most part I guess it is similar to that in that of the old resident evils.

A lot of people say that the story was the strongest point of this game. The thing is, you have to stomach through the game mechanics and incredibly rough visuals and framerates to do so. Guns sound like those old pop guns you could play with as a child. The framerate in even empty areas was horrendous. Looking about 23-30 fps. Nothing really flowed to counter act this as far as moving around etc. went.

I could not get into the game at all because of these issues. I got a fair way into it I suppose (though not knowing exactly where it ends that could be loosely taken in) but I absolutely could NOT get passed the horrendous framerate. This is something I would've expected from a PS1. I would say give it a shot if it's 15 bucks or less. Other than that, I simply could not recommend it.
  2. Jun 5, 2014
    This game is a failed attempt to bring back the survival horror. Well this game is very bad, and it's embarrasing the genre. The storyline is no interesting, the characters are uninsipred and they have a boring personality. The controls are incredible bad, specially the driving mechanics.
    I saw the gameplay until i get too bored, i was incredibly dissapointed because this game is too far to even look like an horror game. The enemies in this game are very slow, and does not matter if you hit him in the head or in the body, the damage is always the same. They are not a real threat. The storyline is very confusing and it's no interesting. The music is terrible bad, it's out of place, they put a happy music in an horror game, like they are joking, whata piece of trash this game is.
    Stay away from this abomination please and try better games like SH Downpour or wait for Evil Within.
  3. Dec 29, 2014
    This game deserves a place of residence in hell, not in my Ps3. I want nothing more than for this game to delve into the fiery pits of hell where it rightfully belongs. Everything about this game is bad. The gameplay is bad, the graphics are mindblowingly terrible, the voice acting is bad, and the monsters are laughably stupid. I'm able to enjoy movies and certain other games that are 'soThis game deserves a place of residence in hell, not in my Ps3. I want nothing more than for this game to delve into the fiery pits of hell where it rightfully belongs. Everything about this game is bad. The gameplay is bad, the graphics are mindblowingly terrible, the voice acting is bad, and the monsters are laughably stupid. I'm able to enjoy movies and certain other games that are 'so bad they're good', but this game is so bad that it is just bad. Nothing more. Nobody deserves to play this game, not even the worst of mankind. Stay far away from Deadly Premonition. Expand
  4. Dec 3, 2014
    Pero cómo va a ser juego de culto esta porquería. Un juego absolutamente desfasado, con unos gráficos vomitivos, un control mierdoso, un desarrollo jugable repetitivo, más película que juego y estúpidos QTEs. Por favor, que alguien borre de todos los servidores para siempre este engendro. Un juego que sería malo incluso en psone.
  5. May 8, 2013
    -York is just genius
    -solving a case feeling
    -card collecting, buy/change clothes, real-time beard, coffee reading, and so on...
    -addictive, rewarding sidemissions

-dumb ending that destroys everything
    -very poor QTEs
    -QTEs mechanics like made by a four-year old kid
  6. Dec 17, 2013
    Although the game feels very eerie I found it virtually unplayable. Respawning enmies are not off this time but the controls and gameplay are just aweful.
  7. Jun 8, 2015
    what the **** is this?? ps2 games graphics are way better thas this crap. got this on ps plus. lucky i did not buy this game. the protagonist walks like a slut in this game. the game is too repetitive. do not play it even if you get it for free.
  8. Dec 16, 2014
    Absolutely awful. It looks almost as good as Halo, but the animations are roughly equal. The sound is almost as good as the graphics. Why compare to Halo? Because the graphics and sound are fairly comparable and Halo is 12 years older. 12 years to move backwards. Comparing gameplay there's no contest. Deadly Premonition has horrible gameplay. Maybe the worst I've ever seen, and myAbsolutely awful. It looks almost as good as Halo, but the animations are roughly equal. The sound is almost as good as the graphics. Why compare to Halo? Because the graphics and sound are fairly comparable and Halo is 12 years older. 12 years to move backwards. Comparing gameplay there's no contest. Deadly Premonition has horrible gameplay. Maybe the worst I've ever seen, and my perspective goes back to Pong. Glitchy sound and framerate combine with wonky, sluggish controls to make attempting to play this game a truly miserable experience. Finally this IS NOT a horror survival game. Maybe a horror shooter, but dying puts you at the point right before the encounter, with little penalty (which is what defines survival, crappy controls don't). So it's simply a shooter, and should be compared to other shooters, where it fails on every level. Expand
  9. Oct 18, 2016
    The gameplay in Deadly Premonition has some good ideas. For example, the town reminds me of Shenmue where the locals move around to a time table and you do side quests for them and find and collect cards. The town parts of the game involve you driving around though and this is a major bore since the cars handle like crap and make the most annoying engine sounds. The main meat of this gameThe gameplay in Deadly Premonition has some good ideas. For example, the town reminds me of Shenmue where the locals move around to a time table and you do side quests for them and find and collect cards. The town parts of the game involve you driving around though and this is a major bore since the cars handle like crap and make the most annoying engine sounds. The main meat of this game is the survival horror which is like Resident Evil 4 only horrible and is something to simply slug though to get to the story. The game is buggy and has an extremely low framerate. The graphics are very bad. The sound track is very unique and works perfectly with the odd tone for the game. This game has a pretty good story that gets rubbish towards the end, so there is little enjoyment to be had in the last third of the game. The story for the most part is the main reason to play this game. Deadly Premonition is a good idea executed terribly and it’s hard to recommend even though I did enjoy it at times. Expand

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Aug 25, 2013
    Deadly Premonition's saving grace is its main character York, who obviously has more than one screw loose and grants the game its unique and confusing sense of humour. He talks to an invisible friend, reads mysterious signs in his morning coffee and talks about people as if they aren't standing right next to him. [May 2013, p.84]
  2. Jul 30, 2013
    Highly recommended to those not afraid of experiments and wanting to play something truly unique.
  3. Jul 4, 2013
    Although the "director's cut" edition is slightly worse than the original, Deadly Premonition remains on the most bizarre games ever made. If you are in the mood for something completely unique try it out, but be prepared for a strange ride.