7.2

1. Jun 25, 2013
    I would give 10/10 but the only bad thing about this game is that it's really short. It offers only 6 hours of gameplay with the main storyline. But those 6 hours are really enjoyable with nice gameplay, funny story, jokes, references.
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    There are a lot of mixed reviews floating around, if your a deadpool fan you'll love this game! Alot of people saying dick and fart jokes but that's a bad choice of words... Maybe just crass humor would be better not alot of fart jokes those I don't really find funny. But deadpool is actually a one of the funnier characters/games I've seen in a long time. Combat is fast and fun, it can just be mindless button mashing if you wanna look at it that way but you can switch between weapons on the fly, making for interesting combo's if you want, there is a combo meter I believe you can get up to several hundred if you got enough skills. (highest for me currently 157) You also have flashbangs, landmines, grenades, and bear traps to help you out on tougher enemies. Combat is not on a batman level but counter and teleport work very well and combat works in a batmany way direction plus attack you jump to that enemy. You can unlock more combo's and special weapon abilities for example when enemies are at low life you have some auto kill skills that add a bit more to the combat when you get to pull them off. Stealth kills do not happen very often but when they do since different weapons perform different kills its entertaining. Skill challenges are a great way to flush out a few more hours of game play but strange enemy spawn areas create more difficulty than the actual combat challenge. Overall I'm finding the game pretty hilarious and combat entertaining enough for me to strive for higher combos, and pulling off those special kills. Expand
  3. Jun 25, 2013
    If you're looking to purchase Deadpool for an Arkham Asylum/City experience. Turn back now, this isn't your game. This is a video game parody, featuring Deadpool.

The voice acting is superbly done by Nolan North, the combat is nothing new and isn't smooth at least frame rate wise. The game is pretty raunchy, but if you know Deadpool or are a fan of Deadpool you'll enjoy this title. This
    won't be going up for any game of the year awards but if you're looking for a game filled with immature jokes and gore you've found your title.

The game lasts about 6 hours, with limited replay-ability based on your desire to platinum the title. I don't regret the $50 one bit. I knew what I was getting when I bought it.

Again this is a video game parody (meaning it pokes fun at how video games are made and played) filled with raunchy jokes. If that's right up your ally, then Deadpool is a must have for you.
  4. Jun 26, 2013
    LONG REVIEW

Perhaps the best thing that can be said about Deadpool is that it has some of the funniest, enjoyable and frantic writing I've seen in any video game. This is where Deadpool really shines, and this is saying a lot considering a lot of the game runs solely from joke to joke and remains enjoyable throughout. Sure, the jokes don't always hit their mark, but they definitely hit
    more times than they miss, and when dealing with a character such as this, there's really no fourth wall to be broken, and it's quite a feat to not only write a video game around this concept, but to do it so, so well. Deadpool will constantly make references to the game's script, the player experiencing the game, the developer, Marvel characters, and so on. The writing in this game is certainly top notch for something that doesn't have much story to speak of. I was floored by how well High Moon nailed the character.

The blemishes start to show themselves everywhere else, though. Arkham City Deadpool is not, and to its credit, it never aimed to be. The game is a straight up 3rd person run n' gun brawler, complete with a weapon upgrade system and seldom stealth sections. While none of these things work terribly, they definitely hit below par. Overall the gameplay here feels unpolished. In comparing this game to something like God of War, there's no contest; technically speaking, God of War would be the better 3rd person brawler. Deadpool is more akin to something like 2007's visual vibrant playground, Afro Samurai. Where gameplay fails, aesthetics and batsh** insanity even the score. That is, if that's your thing of course.

Controlling Deadpool feels wonky. It seems as though his footsteps don't exactly match the center of gravity in the middle of the screen, and the camera can control wildly at times while not really being able to keep up with all of the intensely violent action. The auto lock-on for guns is just barely not broken, in the sense that it works when it wants to. If enemies are too close to the camera, however, the lock-on is just nigh of useless. However, lock-on aside, the guns in this game actually control very fluidly. Aiming around the screen controls exactly like a first person shooter. Think Saints Row gunplay but with a few tweaks, such as an aim button to zoom in, to make it feel more controlled. It's quite a lot of fun.

Melee weapons in this game are absolutely a blast to play around with. Though you're limited to katanas, sais and hammers, I found myself switching between the three a lot due to their strengths and weaknesses. The hammer is slow and bad for combos, but deals massive damage. The sais are quick and great for combos, but are generally weak when it comes to damage. This is a lot of fun to play around with, mixing between the light/heavy attacks that so many games of this nature work with. All in all, combat in Deadpool could stand to be a bit tightened when it comes to general fluidity, but it certainly has some well implemented ideas, such as weapon upgrades for damage, speed, etc., and all weapons control well enough that it's not a problem to pick up and play.

The combat does however get very tedious, and this is largely due to the fact that the game is essentially sets of corridors leading to open environments that lead to wildly insane, irreverent set pieces full of the same 6 or 7 enemies, rinse and repeat. Not that these enemies aren't interesting, mind you. Most have unique enough attacks that keep them from becoming too stale, but this system of corridors leading to open environments just to flex the game's combat muscle makes up most of the game.

When the game isn't focusing on the combat all the time, it's full of amazing variety. From a turret shooting gallery that deconstructs the turret trope in video games to light puzzle solving, it's actually quite amazing that the game gets stale at all.

I think the main problem with Deadpool is that, even with a respectable enough amount of enemy variety, most enemies don't require different tactics. You'll find yourself using the same shotgun to take down the smallest of enemies to the largest, and boss fights are exactly the same, just with more difficult sets of attacks tied to them. This is the only reason Deadpool gets stale at all, and it's a shame, because underneath these problems there is a great game here.

Deadpool does just enough to remain interesting throughout, and more times than not I found myself shooting through the enemies just to see where the writing and Deadpool would take themselves. This isn't inherently a bad thing because like I said, the writing here and the implementation of it is what makes the game so interesting. It's just a same that it's can be a bland experience.

After all of this it may sound like I'm hating on this game, but I'm not. I loved my time playing through its short campaign, and challenge maps are there for those who enjoy them. It just misses its mark by just a few missteps.
  5. Jul 5, 2013
    I'm disappointed with this game. The combat and level design is outrageously bland and generic, so the all of the weight falls onto the shoulders of the writing staff, and they most certainly deliver, but it's not enough to give this lazy mess a recommendable score. Hopefully Deadpool fares better wherever we end up seeing him next.
  6. Jul 5, 2013
    This isn't a perfect game by any stretch of the imagination. The graphics are eh, okay, the combat feels a little dated, the enemy A I is all over the place sometimes. WHATEVER. The game is a blast to play. In a hobby that's often inundated with heavy handed sad fests, here's some lightheartdedness Deadpool style. It was worth my 50 bucks when I accidentally threw a grenade in an area with no enemies and Deadpool said, "sure, why not? F@ck that thing."
    As a fan, I would love to someday see a Deadpool game that delves into the more tragic side of the character, cause let's face it, Deadpool is a very complicated guy. But, seeing as that game is a probably a long way off, I'll take this little gem. It's fun, it's violent, it's funny, the is completely batsh@t crazy and makes no sense, it's a Deadpool game. Lighten up and have some fun.
  7. Jul 22, 2013
    Overall just a delightful laugh. The game play is mildly short but amusing the whole way through. Not a whole lot of substance but I didn't regret picking it up. When you want a break from all the serious games, go ahead and pick up Deadpool.
  8. Jun 28, 2013
    This game is very basic. Developer took the 'safe" road when making this. It was fun at times and up grades were a blast. The game is worth $39.99 CAD
  9. Jul 18, 2013
    worst piece of crap i played day worth of game play repetitive action only thing was good was it was funny that it....

it was good i return it to buy uncharted 3 at least i have fun with this game then this rubbish
  10. Dec 3, 2013
    This game is so freaking HILARIOUS, I love it, my only concern is that I'm half of the game in a day, and maybe about hard mode, it's so hard it's frustrating sometimes, but an overall good game, bloody, dirty mouth and funny as hell, I LOVE IT
  11. Aug 5, 2013
    It might not be the most revolutionary thing ever to happen to the hack n' slash genre considering you basically just button mash you way though the whole game, but I didn't play Deadpool to experience some deep and intricate combat system; I played it to kill a bunch of dudes as my favorite "merc with a mouth". The combat is still enjoyable even if it is basic. It's a lot of fun to slaughter hoards of enemies with a mixture of sword and gunplay similar to the Devil May Cry series. It's just a really addictive game. So addictive I even found myself playing the challenge rooms which I typically never do in these type of games. So while the combat is mindlessly entertaining what makes Deadpool so much fun is Deadpool himself. Whether he's tossing out a hilarious one-liner or just doing something goofy Deadpool is consistently funny and often hilarious. This is amplified by the fact that he knows he's in a video game and will constantly break the fourth wall. He's vulgar, crude, and rude and he wrote the dang game! Deadpool manages to be such an awesome experience because it doesn't require me to put up with some super complicated combat system in a game with absurd difficulty. All it wants me to do is kill dudes, have fun, and laugh my a*s off. All of which it achieved. So if you're even the least bit curious about Deadpool I recommend it. This type of game may not be for everyone, but for those of you who would rather play a game just to have some crazy awesome fun and won't mind the simplicity of its mechanics, pick up Deadpool ASAP. I know I loved it. Expand
  12. Jun 27, 2013
    The game is not overly deep, but if you are a Deadpool fan as I am you will love the game. The humor is juvenile, but that is exactly what I expect from Deadpool. I don't regret the 50 dollar purchase at all. I haven't really found anything about the game i haven't enjoyed. Play on hard mode though and you will really get your monies worth. A word of warning though, once you start on hard mode you can't change difficulty later in game. Expand
  13. Dec 27, 2013
    Not really a comic book fan but this game was hilarious really fun to play and overall really great. Decent graphics, Nolan North, great humor... The only con it has that it's a bit short.
  14. Jun 28, 2013
    Deadpool es real mente malo, pero tiene algo que lo hace muy entretenido!! Y es el protagonista!! Después todo mal como la IA enemiga, es de las perores que hay!
  15. Aug 26, 2013
    Deadpool is one of the most fun games I have played in a long time. This game is just pure fun. It's what most games these days are lacking. Its great that game companies are trying to continuously push the envelope with better graphics and new ways of playing games, but sometimes the tried and true gaming mechanics work just fine. The combat is nothing groundbreaking, but it works great with the style of the game. The controls, combat, and upgrades are so much fun to use. The game design, atmosphere, and graphics are definitely better than average. What steals the show and makes this game stand out compared to other games though is its awesome humor, comic book artstyle implementation, badass combat moves, and hilarious what the moments. It also has some of the best breaking the 4th wall dialogue and scenes ever. This game reminded me of the nintendo64 days when games were just pure fun. Maybe the graphics weren't as great, but the gameplay just continuously put a smile on your face. Thanks HighMoonStudios for making a kickass game!!! Hope the game sells well and hope to see more content like this!!! Expand
  16. Aug 10, 2013
    Each and every deadpool fan should demand their money back. This is Duke Nukem Forever of the Deadpool universe. It's rarely funny, looks God awful in every way, has some of the most boring levels and comabat I've ever seen, and is one of the most disgusting games ever. It's somehow even worse than Aliens Colonial Marines. Not even worth picking up from the $10 bin which it will most certainly be within this very year. Expand
  17. Oct 19, 2013
    Funny game. Action repetitive but the environmental changes make up for that. Leveling up system is VERY WEAK. The End is a HUGE GRIND... Sadly, didn't finish because I just didn't care anymore.

I was planning on buying this game as a Xmas gift for someone, but when I got to the end, I decided against it.

Why do developers think that a game just has to get harder and harder as the
    game goes on. So much so, that you don't want to play anymore. The 90s are over. If life was like this, the suicide rate would be at 100% around the age of 40. Expand
  18. Jun 29, 2013
    Deadpool is a great game which combines action, comedy and stupidity at the same time despite having some flaws like the camera failure and having a lot of enemies at once the comical environment of deadpool gives you a reason to play and playing the game really feels like reading a real classic deadpool comic.
  19. Jun 27, 2013
    Deadpool is like that uncle in the family who insists on telling unfunny jokes. You want to laugh with him because you respect him, instead you laugh at him out of pity. As a fan of the character, that's how this title feels to me. There's just soo much wrong with it. Bland environments, bugs, repetitive combat ,etc.
    Deadpool is such a cool character in the Marvel multiverse. He deserves
    a great game.. this isn't it. There is some fun to be had though ,being that the gore factor is only comparable to the likes of Wolverine as far as Marvel games go, enemy appendages go flying with the slightest button mash. There are also moments where you feel like an invincible badass assassin. Some of the jokes can actually be funny at times too, since it's relatively uncharted territory in gaming. It's not great but If you see this in a bargain bin, at least give it a try. It's good for dumb summer fun. Expand
  20. Apr 16, 2014
    Marvel's most popular "underdog" (of some sort) Deadpool is truly the star in his very first game. Because besides the Merc with the Mouth -- his voice actor, Nolan North, who delivers some of the funniest dialogue in a Marvel video game ever, and the writing staff -- are about the only starring qualities in this overall generic action-adventure. Pros: The cartoony, crude, often sexist humor should leave anyone that's been following Deadpool since his Cable & Deadpool days with cracked ribs. Cons: Limited campaign and multiplayer mode; limited unlockables; frustrating camera; generic level design; repetitive combat; short and shallow. Expand
  21. Jun 25, 2013
    If you are a fan of Deadpool, then this is a solid 8/10 and a very well written and funny game while staying mostly true to the characters comic background. However if you are not a Deadpool or a Marvel fan I would strongly recommend renting this game. It is between 5-6 hours long, has little replay vale (and i say that from the perspective of being a HUGE deapool fan). I would love to give this game an 8/10 but the added challenge maps are boring and redundant with no difference from the Campaign. Expand
  22. Jun 28, 2013
    If you are a deadpool fan, then this is for you! Deadpool is a hillarilous fighter with some of the funniest quotes i've ever heard of. The weapons, randomness and hillarity is true Deadpool style and this is only some of the main fetures which make this a fun game. If you would compare this to a game similar than this, such as devil may cry, i would go for devil may cry as the deadpool game feels very short. However, deadpool makes up for this with a date with death and BOOBIES (Sorry couldent resist) But no, the guns and weponary you can play with make the gameplay 10/10. i would strongly recommend this for any Deadpool fan! Expand
  23. Jun 28, 2013
    This game was just hilarious. And if you know the Deadpool character it truly fitted his personality and life style. The only complaint I have is the game play was rather short.
  24. Jul 13, 2013
    Deadpool definitely deserves an 8. It's something different then all those stupid shooters these days. But reviewers don't seem to appreciate that. Combat isn't really challenging, but the humor and overal gameplay is just awesome!
  25. Jul 16, 2013
    I have to rate this game a bit higher than lower because of 2 things. It was fun, it was funny. Does this game have flaws? Yes. Thankfully the repetitive combat and bland levels are less of a concern thanks to Deadpools personality & the story.

When it came down to it, all I really wanted to do was get through the levels so I could see the next part of the story.
  26. Jul 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't love this game by any means. It's decent at best. But with the unforgettable and lovable cast of characters, crude humor (as expected of the Deadpool series), and, at times, intense game play, this is a wonderful experience to blast through if you find yourself with a little extra time.

When we're first introduced to our favorite Merc with a Mouth, he is alone and bored in his apartment building, listening to his answering machine for messages left by other characters that appear sometime later in the game, whether it is full-on physical appearances or just voice-overs. The last voice mail that he receives is from the director of High Moon Studios, telling him how his game idea was rejected. Deadpool being Deadpool though, breaks the 4th wall almost right off the bat and after some "persuading," the director agrees and our hero becomes bewildered when he hears that they are working on a script for him.
    Now I want to touch on the voice acting which may be the best thing out of this entire game (aside from the clever writing that accompanies it). Nolan North has done an excellent job at breathing life into his role as Deadpool. He captures the essential lack-of-mindset that has really gotten Deadpool most of his popularity. The rest of the cast does a great job as well although it is Nolan who really is the star of the show here.
    The environments are pretty, although they are a bit rough around the edges here and there. You can tell that High Moon used images over and over again at spots and it became rather lackluster at times. I applaud their efforts, but it could've used a bit of trimming up and if they had spent half the time they used writing all the jokes for this game as they did into their graphics department, then we could've seen almost Naughty Dog standards here (who am I kidding though; that's not really possible).
    The combat is repetitive at times. I'll be honest: I bought the damn shotgun and, after upgrading it at different points when I had enough DP (Deadpool) points, I could've blown through this game with no problem. I didn't though just for the sake of playing the game "right," if you will. And as for stealth---what stealth? I could barely tell (and the game could barely decide) when I was in stealth mode or not. The boss fight at the end will give you a bit of frustration and at times the enemies will also be overwhelming, but you'll be able to blow through most hordes without much of a bruise on your pretty little self.
    Now the big issue. I'll come out and say that you'll only get about five to six hours worth of game out of this. Sure there are challenges that you can do with leaderboards, but the combat was boring enough! Usually with such a short game that isn't Indie, I was expecting some multiplayer element to be implemented. I'm not sure what, but SOMETHING! ANYTHING, High Moon!

So just to recap:
    + Wonderful voice acting.
    + Funny and crude humor (if you're up for it)
    + Pretty but reused environments.
    - Boring and repetitive combat.
    - Too short with only a few challenges after

Overall: 6/10
  27. Jul 23, 2013
    The game is a blast, i enjoyed it a lot, and laughed so much. I guess people that don't like it have no sens of humor at all. This is one of the best games i played in moths and had so much fun doing it. I recommend it to any comic fan.
  28. Jul 27, 2013
    Dead-pool is a game that is a game based on comedy. Lots of comedy. The comedy spans from inappropriate jokes to many fourth wall breaking moments. It makes fun of other games and itself as well. The combat is rather dull at first but gets better with due time. Dead-pool's character and the voices inside his head are all voiced by Nolan North. In my opinion this game deserves a 7.0 because it has lots of comedy and it supports Dead-pool's character because-as we all know- Dead-pool is a comedic character. But, the game gets easier as you progress and it gets kind of boring. 7.0 is my final answer. Random Reviewer, away! Expand
  29. Aug 8, 2013
    The humor was great, but it really wasn't that interesting. Came across the same type combat everywhere, the adventuring itself didn't have much purpose and of course the camera angles. I would consider making a second, with improvements, or no more at all.
  30. Aug 26, 2013
    Deadpool is comedy gold at some points and in my opinion its one of the best games of 2013 one of the major problems is its reallly short and i was screaming in pillow in my 1st run of the last level but other than that there really is no other real problems, my favourite thing about this game is the time the writers took to make this game the funniest games of 2013 and this game even got me into the comic books. so this merc with a mouths 1st (and hopefully not last) game is a great game with nice smooth combat and funny funny dialouge. 8.8 Expand
  31. Aug 30, 2013
    Deadpool: Excellent and sometimes absolutely hilarious, the game play however is not as fun. Story: Pretty much non-existent, Deadpool is simply messing around the place with members of the X-men and chasing after Mister Sinister for pretty much the whole game. There are standout moments in this game including: slapping Wolverine over and over again, Cable's long talk to Deadpool and somehow speaking to a random desperate person before killing an enemy. Combat is very repetitive, different weapons don't really do that much to change the experience and it can take ages to level up different things. Overall a decent game that would've been amazing if High Moon Studios had put as much effort into combat as they did with humor. 7/10. Expand
  32. Sep 17, 2013
    I haven't laughed out loud this much while playing a video game ever. Sure it was repetitive, but the fact that it was true to Deadpool more than made up for it. Any Deadpool fan would love this game
  33. Oct 28, 2013
    Highly underrated! If you want to know if this game is for you, you should either a) like the deadpool character or b) like complex hack-and slash type mechanics, best comparable to those in the Batman Arkham Asyslum/City games. Strenghts are a very entertaining gameplay and a very funny atmosphere throughout the game. (It might be one of the funniest games I've ever played quite frankly.) The only real weakness is the repetitive nature of the game. Expand
  34. Jun 25, 2013

1. But then it hits us, Deadpool is not a game, it is a parody of a game. Of the kind of games you would see when a new Thor movie hits the theaters. All the elements that make such a game are to be found in Deadpool. Collecting coins or orbs, shallow combat and a horde of identical enemies (Deadpool: "are they all brothers?). [September p.74]
  2. Aug 19, 2013
    What it lacks in quality, Deadpool compensates with bragging and dick jokes.
  3. Aug 6, 2013
    If we took all the dark humor, the protagonist rudeness and the gratuitous violence out of Deadpool: The Videogame, we would be talking about a worthless game. These few qualities will enable us to have a good time playing it, even though they wouldn't justify at all the purchase of this game... Unless it was on sale.