Def Jam: Icon PlayStation 3

4.4

1. ZackC.
    Mar 29, 2007
    Good graphics, terrible gameplay.
  2. GamerP
    Jun 24, 2009
    Why did I give it a 1? Because the graphics are good thats why. Other than that it was by far the worst game I have ever played. From the amazing brilliant FFNY comes this horrible horrible game which really upset me in terms of how bad it was and I actually seriously wanted my money back and the 3 hours i spent 'trying' to give it a chance. The fighting was more limited than a Why did I give it a 1? Because the graphics are good thats why. Other than that it was by far the worst game I have ever played. From the amazing brilliant FFNY comes this horrible horrible game which really upset me in terms of how bad it was and I actually seriously wanted my money back and the 3 hours i spent 'trying' to give it a chance. The fighting was more limited than a piece of cheese and the A.I was idiotic. ALL my friends agree with me on this one... DON'T waste your time or money! Expand
  3. Aug 19, 2011
    Had this one lying in my game collection since 2009 when i bought it for like 10 bucks, back than i already hated the controls, now i picked it up and it hasn't aged well at all, awful controls, awful A.I. Your character just punch and kicks whatever he wants to, remembering their moves is impossible, after i almost broke my controller i stopped the game, removed the disc and snapped it inHad this one lying in my game collection since 2009 when i bought it for like 10 bucks, back than i already hated the controls, now i picked it up and it hasn't aged well at all, awful controls, awful A.I. Your character just punch and kicks whatever he wants to, remembering their moves is impossible, after i almost broke my controller i stopped the game, removed the disc and snapped it in half. The only thing this disc is good for is to be recycled so i hope that in one day a good game will be stamped on it. Expand
  4. ScottN.
    Mar 10, 2007
    Utter garbage. The graphics are ok but they forgot to add gameplay.
  5. Jul 13, 2015
    i'll be frank, def jam icon is a flop compare to def jam ps2, i bought this game this game because of the love i had for def jam ps2 but it totally ruin my love for def jam.

1. Game Informer
    After a while, the recycled environments and repetitive battles start to feel like a chore rather than a reward. [Mar 2007, p.96]
  2. Play Magazine
    There's no way to imagine these fights as anything but someone's absurd rap fantasy that was somehow shoehorned onto a fighting game. [Mar 2007, p.53]
  3. Too bad the slow-as-molasses combat (and too-savvy computer-controlled opponents) keep this fighter from rivaling classics like "Tekken," "Street Fighter" and "Soul Calibur," but the innovative use of music, as both an aesthetic and a weapon, adds depth.